PDA

View Full Version : Feature Preview: Sacrifice

Sparton_LOTB
03-21-2017, 05:37 PM
The following is the help section entry for the upcoming Sacrifice feature. We wanted to share this with you ahead of time so everyone can get a sneak peak for this long-awaited feature.

While we don't have exact dates for the feature release yet, our hope is that this will go live soon!

Overview

Sacrifice allows you to take a group of characters and consume them for their essence to gain randomized rewards based on how strong/rare those characters are. All kinds of rewards are available, from Ironite to Sands of Time to Skill Shards to even Legendary Souls!

However, it’s important to understand that while you earn amazing rewards from sacrificing powerful characters, sacrificed characters are permanently removed from your roster.

Earning Better Rewards

The kinds of rewards you earn are based on what sacrifice tier your sacrifice is worth, which ranges from a Petty Sacrifice (100 or more essence) to an Ultimate Sacrifice (50,000 or more essence). Each tier has its own rewards, with higher tiers providing better loot. Higher sacrifice tiers result in better rewards more often, as well as increased quantities of items.

All characters can be sacrificed for their essence, but some characters are worth more essence than others. All of the following factors lead to a character having a higher essence:

Sacrificing higher star tier characters
Sacrificing characters which are a higher “natural” star tier
Sacrificing higher level characters
Sacrificing Eddies
Sacrificing Gunner or Assassin characters
Sacrificing characters improved with Skill Shards

Additionally, the more filled the sacrifice meter is, the better chance you have of getting more rewards for your current sacrifice tier! Adding additional characters is always valuable, even if you don’t earn enough essence to get to a subsequent sacrifice tier.

Filling the Vortex Meter

All sacrifices will add their essence to your long term Vortex meter, represented by the purple inner circle around the sacrifice pool. Even the smallest sacrifice will add to it, so characters that have no use to you from souls of any kind will still work towards the ultimate prize: the Vortex Bonus.

When you earn a Vortex Bonus, you will get 5 prizes drawn from the possible rewards for a Vortex, which are Rare Gun/Assassin Souls, Skill Shards, and Legendary Souls!

Successive Vortex Bonuses will be harder to achieve, but will cap out after a certain point for the amount of essence they require.

scott-5496
03-21-2017, 05:50 PM
Sounds promising!

If you sacrifice a toon that has full talisman is that worth more and will we be able to preview what we will receive from the pool before we commit to the actual sacrifice?

Sparton_LOTB
03-21-2017, 06:02 PM
If you sacrifice a toon that has full talisman is that worth more and will we be able to preview what we will receive from the pool before we commit to the actual sacrifice?

Talismans are not counted for the essence of the sacrifice, but you can still select a character with talismans to see how much it is worth. If you do sacrifice such a character, the talismans will be returned to your inventory.

Kutte
03-21-2017, 06:06 PM
nice :)

One question:

Sacrifice allows you to take a group of characters

What does this mean?
Do i need X amounts of the same char or random ones?

scott-5496
03-21-2017, 06:12 PM
Great that makes sense - so the only thing that would not be returned to the inventory would be any Skill Shards attached to the character? Is there any chance we could see some examples of what a five star legendary might be worth compared to a 3 star toon or can this vary a lot? I take it RNG will play another big part in what everyone receives as a reward?

Also, when you are building up essence - do you have to reach a certain limit of threshold before you can receive your rewards - following that does it all reset or do you move up a tier to another level and so on?

Cheers for the feedback Sparton!

Silentknight
03-21-2017, 06:35 PM
Nice! Thx Sparton!!! Sounds close!

Sparton_LOTB
03-21-2017, 06:38 PM
Do i need X amounts of the same char or random ones?

You sacrifice characters in batches of up to 10 characters. The essence of all of the characters is added together to determine what kinds of rewards you will get.

You can sacrifice any 10 characters you want, but you'll get the best rewards by sacrificing the most valuable characters all at once (so you can reach a higher Sacrifice Tier).

Great that makes sense - so the only thing that would not be returned to the inventory would be any Skill Shards attached to the character?

Basically, yes. The characters you choose to sacrifice are gone, and as are the skill shards (because they're tied directly to the character), but the talismans can be unequipped and thus will be returned to your inventory after sacrificing.

Is there any chance we could see some examples of what a five star legendary might be worth compared to a 3 star toon or can this vary a lot? I take it RNG will play another big part in what everyone receives as a reward?

We don't want to release all of the values for that yet (especially since there are a lot of factors that make some characters worth more than others), but you'll be able to see exactly how much characters are worth when you select them in the Sacrifice screen. In general, you'll want to look at the bullet point list in the original post; the more of those factors you can make better (or find characters that are better in those regards), the stronger your sacrifice will be.

Also, when you are building up essence - do you have to reach a certain limit of threshold before you can receive your rewards - following that does it all reset or do you move up a tier to another level and so on?

There's a very minimal requirement of at least 100 essence to get to the first Sacrifice Tier (even a single natural 3 star character is worth more than that); reaching higher thresholds changes which Sacrifice Tier you will get rewards from, with higher Sacrifice Tiers giving better loot overall (rewards are randomized, but higher tiers will have better chance of things like Rare Souls, or better kinds of souls, or getting a higher quantity of an item as a single reward).

Nine
03-21-2017, 06:43 PM
I don't want to crash the party, but... Am I the only one who hoped that your response to too much RNG in the game would not be to add another layer of said RNG? Well, granted, there are basically two additional layers now :p

This sounds more like a recycle bin for unused "trash" than a mayor feature. It doesn't help long term players (which I am not a part of) one bit by acquiring long missed characters, since access to souls wasn't that much of problem compared to how souls actually work - which is a problem for everyone. And by the way with every character added the chances to get missing ones are decreasing. I thought that was one the issues sacrifice should address?

I guess there is much depending on the the distribution of the rewards. However, reading sands of time as a possible reward and taking into account the distribution of rewards everywhere else in the game one has to be sceptical.

Purplepixii
03-21-2017, 08:05 PM
I'm grateful for the forthcoming Sacrifice but please - don't make it an RNG lottery AGAIN. Currently characters drop from Legendary souls that really shouldn't (Legendary really should be Eddies or super-rare toons, not frigging dogs!)

Believe me, I want Sacrifice, and I'm grateful ND are listening. I don't, however, want to trade in all my Eddie dupes for another bloody harpy!

calizario
03-21-2017, 08:06 PM
I liked this phrase from a group member on facebook

" Buy a dupe get a dupe, sacrifice a dupe and..... Get another dupe! " .. repeat ...

calizario
03-21-2017, 08:09 PM
I'm grateful for the forthcoming Sacrifice but please - don't make it an RNG lottery AGAIN. Currently characters drop from Legendary souls that really shouldn't (Legendary really should be Eddies or super-rare toons, not frigging dogs!)

Believe me, I want Sacrifice, and I'm grateful ND are listening. I don't, however, want to trade in all my Eddie dupes for another bloody harpy!

If you do not mess with it, sacrifice will be a waste of time.

Patrice-1201
03-21-2017, 08:19 PM
Thanks Sparton, sounds like a great solution to a most awaited feature. Of course, RNG has to be improved (throughout the game) to make this really great. But really you guys have built a great concept and essence and vortex will soon become part of our daily vocabulary like skill shards, talismans... Can't wait for the release ;-)

Demoonchild
03-21-2017, 08:31 PM
Great news Sparton!!
It would be great that together with Sacrifice, you can expand the characters inventory to, at least, 200 toons...
I have like 10 times the whole roster in souls which I could not open due to space....

druid138
03-21-2017, 08:35 PM
Great news Sparton!!
It would be great that together with Sacrifice, you can expand the characters inventory to, at least, 200 toons...
I have like 10 times the whole roster in souls which I could not open due to space....

Good point.

Sparton - will there be any mechanism to make the soul to Sacrifice process efficient? I know many of us have hundreds, if not thousands, of souls waiting to be redeemed. Will this have to be a manual process with Sacrifice (i.e., redeem souls, take characters into inventory, then drop characters into Sacrifice)? It would be cool to skip the taking into inventory step, but not sure that's possible given your description of Sacrifice.

Btw, happy to see Sacrifice is almost here!

druid138-6195

Sparton_LOTB
03-21-2017, 09:04 PM

I think we're still wanting to be a bit careful with expanding character inventory to ensure we don't introduce instability because of that, but we'll appraise what peoples' inventories look like after sacrifice releases and see how much more we need to bump that up.

Sparton - will there be any mechanism to make the soul to Sacrifice process efficient? I know many of us have hundreds, if not thousands, of souls waiting to be redeemed. Will this have to be a manual process with Sacrifice (i.e., redeem souls, take characters into inventory, then drop characters into Sacrifice)? It would be cool to skip the taking into inventory step, but not sure that's possible given your description of Sacrifice.

It'll still be a fairly manual process, but if you have multiple stacks of 99 common souls, you can "Use All" on one of them to get the 99 characters into your inventory, then do 10 batches of 10 sacrifices in the sacrifice screen. When you have too many characters and you leave the Book of Souls, it'll bump you into the My Team screen, where you can access Sacrifice.

We do plan on improving the loop between redeeming many souls and sacrificing dupes in the future, but that probably won't be part of the initial Sacrifice release.

Kamuz24z
03-21-2017, 09:05 PM
Great news Sparton!!

Yes please expand the inventory sparton

Jofer16
03-21-2017, 09:20 PM
I don't want to crash the party, but... Am I the only one who hoped that your response to too much RNG in the game would not be to add another layer of said RNG? Well, granted, there are basically two additional layers now :p

This sounds more like a recycle bin for unused "trash" than a mayor feature. It doesn't help long term players (which I am not a part of) one bit by acquiring long missed characters, since access to souls wasn't that much of problem compared to how souls actually work - which is a problem for everyone. And by the way with every character added the chances to get missing ones are decreasing. I thought that was one the issues sacrifice should address?

I guess there is much depending on the the distribution of the rewards. However, reading sands of time as a possible reward and taking into account the distribution of rewards everywhere else in the game one has to be sceptical.

This was my first thought as well, if the % is super low on skill shards it's just gonna be another RNG nightmare. Seeing the items are randomized is disappointing but I guess I'm thinking worse case scenario. Hopefully skill shards don't become like trying to pull a rare character from a soul. The % should be high in the upper tier(s). I was hoping it was more like a sacrifice store where you can focus on something while grinding and it's not another randomized shot in the dark every time. For example: purchase a skill shard for 100,000 essence, purchase xyz character (and then rotate character offerings every x amount of time) for 10,000,000 essence, that kind of thing.

Caretaker
03-21-2017, 09:21 PM
Sparton is right, after few rounds of sac things you'll be left with pvp and pve chars and 50 will do. I expect people will first try to sac lvl 100 unusables to get that 'high sac tier' and afterwards is just bit by bit, hence no need for slot expansion.

What I don't aprove is lowering chances on getting rare creatures. That has already been done quite a few times as it seems to me. Arena and how it's set demands ceratin toons to make you competitive. Oh, for diversities sake newer players don't have the same chance to get op toons. I don't care about diversity in that way, other mechanisms must be implemented, I don't care if all players have the same teams, but making it unfair with diferent drop rates for those before and after is what I honestly throw hate on.

konstifik
03-21-2017, 09:38 PM
Sparton is right, after few rounds of sac things you'll be left with pvp and pve chars and 50 will do. I expect people will first try to sac lvl 100 unusables to get that 'high sac tier' and afterwards is just bit by bit, hence no need for slot expansion.

What I don't aprove is lowering chances on getting rare creatures. That has already been done quite a few times as it seems to me. Arena and how it's set demands ceratin toons to make you competitive. Oh, for diversities sake newr players don't have the same chance to get op toons. I don't care about diversity in that way, other mechanisms must be implemented, I don't care if all players have the same teams, but making it unfair with diferent drop ratesfor those before and after is what I honestly throw hate on.

Well, I think there are 139 characters that you can currently get, plus 8 halloween and christmas characters that are no longer available, and currently only 140 character spots, so without an inventory expansion it won't be possible to collect them all which I think there are a few players who want to do (myself not included). Adding to that, they will introduce more characters in the future as well as the fact that some characters may actually be worth to have 2-3 of (such as Angel of Strife and Assassin Golden Son).

Frost
03-21-2017, 09:39 PM
Like I sacrifice a toon with 10 skill shards, will I get 10 skill shards?

If not it's not worth. Sacrificing 10 skill shards to get 20 rare souls to get 19 3* dogs of war and 1 4* SSS is pretty lame.

konstifik
03-21-2017, 09:41 PM
So, not taking skill shards into account, Cyborg, Aces High, Vampire Hunter and Rainmaker Eddies should be the most valuable sacrifices. I feel tempted to sacrifice my Vampire Hunter...

slauki
03-21-2017, 09:42 PM
not entirely sure what to think yet, have to see how it works first. but my first impression is, that more RNG is not the best thing, especially with the current % of getting new characters for longterm player. with every new character the chances are getting worse so it's almost impossible for the collectors to get them all. i would really like to see some solutions for that and i was hoping sacrifice will help us here. it actually helps us a little, so i'm fine with this as next step as long as the way doesn't stop there.

llexileon talked about soulshards some months ago, to get some character you'd like to have. this would be something really cool, usefull and non RNG. I bet many people would love it, even if it takes long to get a new char guaranteed. you could work for the char you would like to have, that would be a great motivation to play.

like buying a soulshard for a hell lot of badges/essence. once you have collected/earned 10 soulshards you will get the character you like. just a random example, but that's how i imagined it.
something like that would be a great addition, because we would have something real not just very high % of getting useless dupes.

90mphyorker
03-21-2017, 09:47 PM
Sounds good. Hope you guys can get it out as quickly as you can. Want to see what I'll get for my Football team of Speed of Light Eddies.

Kaz_LOTB
03-21-2017, 09:55 PM
not entirely sure what to think yet, have to see how it works first. but my first impression is, that more RNG is not the best thing, especially with the current % of getting new characters for longterm player. with every new character the chances are getting worse so it's almost impossible for the collectors to get them all. i would really like to see some solutions for that and i was hoping sacrifice will help us here. it actually helps us a little, so i'm fine with this as next step as long as the way doesn't stop there.

llexileon talked about soulshards some months ago, to get some character you'd like to have. this would be something really cool, usefull and non RNG. I bet many people would love it, even if it takes long to get a new char guaranteed. you could work for the char you would like to have, that would be a great motivation to play.

like buying a soulshard for a hell lot of badges/essence. once you have collected/earned 10 soulshards you will get the character you like. just a random example, but that's how i imagined it.
something like that would be a great addition, because we would have something real not just very high % of getting useless dupes.

Soul Fragments are probably the feature you're referring to. It is indeed meant to be the way you can work towards earning specific characters. The goal of Sacrifice on the other hand is to give players another option for getting rid of characters and to always have souls and content from the gacha be valuable, even if they are lower tier or repeats of things you may already own.

-Kaz

slauki
03-21-2017, 10:16 PM
Soul Fragments are probably the feature you're referring to. It is indeed meant to be the way you can work towards earning specific characters. The goal of Sacrifice on the other hand is to give players another option for getting rid of characters and to always have souls and content from the gacha be valuable, even if they are lower tier or repeats of things you may already own.

-Kaz

thank you for the quick answer. yes i was referring to the soul fragments. did i get it right, that this is another feature you are working on?
this would be simply fantatic for every player out there. very glad that game moves forward.

pretty exited about the the features, hope they will be implemented soon :-)

Bradata
03-21-2017, 10:18 PM
Look at the bright side, guys instead of selling your dupes for gold, now you can trade them for the same or little different dupes ;)
I'll be hoping to get some more Skill shards from all this and as Caretaker mentioned earlier to get rid of those doubles and triples characters I have piled up.

gmac
03-21-2017, 10:20 PM
Soul Fragments are probably the feature you're referring to.
-Kaz

Hi Kaz/Sparton,

Are soul fragments coming up with this update too?

By the way, will we get a thread to discuss other adjustments? There's been some discussions about talisman mandatory slots, plus some Eddie abilities are bugged (Mend, Claim, Equilibrium), not to mention possible nerfs/buffs.

Thanks,
Gmac

Patrice-1201
03-21-2017, 10:21 PM
So, not taking skill shards into account, Cyborg, Aces High, Vampire Hunter and Rainmaker Eddies should be the most valuable sacrifices. I feel tempted to sacrifice my Vampire Hunter...

And I am so hopeful to get a Vampire Hunter from my sacrifices ;-)

Chaosego888
03-21-2017, 11:04 PM
Great news Sparton!!
Same here, been wondering why this is not 200 slots for awhile. I understand gradually increasing them to maintain stability but I think available slots should always be 10-20 more than available characters since some are going to want more than 1 of certain characters also. I have sold so many characters that I have spent time working on and levelling up, it is ridiculous!

Sparton_LOTB
03-21-2017, 11:05 PM
Well, I think there are 139 characters that you can currently get, plus 8 halloween and christmas characters that are no longer available, and currently only 140 character spots, so without an inventory expansion it won't be possible to collect them all which I think there are a few players who want to do (myself not included). Adding to that, they will introduce more characters in the future as well as the fact that some characters may actually be worth to have 2-3 of (such as Angel of Strife and Assassin Golden Son).

Yeah, usually we consider if and how much we expand inventory sizes based on when we release characters. We know we want to include a feature for better collecting and tracking what of the expanding collection of characters you personally have collected, but we don't have a timeline for such a feature yet.

Like I sacrifice a toon with 10 skill shards, will I get 10 skill shards?

No. This is not a feature where you can trade in characters with skill shards for skill shards. We have included something so that characters with skill shards which you no longer use give you a boost to essence for getting better rewards, but we did not build this feature with using skill shards to maximize rewards in mind, or as a way of getting skill shards out of a character.

Pretty much... but I would always caution against sacrificing yours if you only have one of them! The initial implementation of this feature is mainly to help get a better reward in case you get high-rarity dupes, but also a better avenue for rewards for lower-rarity dupes than just gold.

thank you for the quick answer. yes i was referring to the soul fragments. did i get it right, that this is another feature you are working on?
this would be simply fantatic for every player out there. very glad that game moves forward.

Are soul fragments coming up with this update too?

Soul Fragments is another feature we have in development, but we don't have a timeline for that yet.

By the way, will we get a thread to discuss other adjustments? There's been some discussions about talisman mandatory slots, plus some Eddie abilities are bugged (Mend, Claim, Equilibrium), not to mention possible nerfs/buffs.

The update that will debut Sacrifice will have tuning adjustments (although not too many/nothing too major), and there will be some other bug fixes. We will list everything that we've confirmed is fixed when we release patch notes for the update.

Chaosego888
03-21-2017, 11:07 PM
I am assuming that if I sacrifice 10 maxed star/maxed level Eddies, this is going to equal maximum essence? Can't wait to see what that extra Assassin CotD is going to be worth!

Chaosego888
03-21-2017, 11:12 PM
Another thing. Is it going to be easily to tell which character is your main version and which is the duplicate? ...don't want to accidentally sacrifice a full sharde character trying to get rid of a duplicate?

Frost
03-21-2017, 11:27 PM
No. This is not a feature where you can trade in characters with skill shards for skill shards. We have included something so that characters with skill shards which you no longer use give you a boost to essence for getting better rewards, but we did not build this feature with using skill shards to maximize rewards in mind, or as a way of getting skill shards out of a character.

So I trade a fully skillsharded toon that I no longer use with 15 of the most valuable item in the game for a CHANCE of getting 1% of the EFFORT I INVESTED and get a lot of 3* sheat toons?!?!

Thanks but no thanks.

Last time I got this "reward" I opened 30 rare souls and got 15 3* sentinels dog of war...

So please call me again when you have a real feature to switch skill shards.

Shifter
03-21-2017, 11:28 PM
Spartan, If we sacrifice a 5* character will that reduce the 5* achievement? I hope not or we will still be stuck with 5* vendor trash until the achievement has been met. i know I have not been in hurry to get that achievement since I already have enough sand worms and heads maxed out, but I definitely don't want to loose the credit for that head or worm.

Sparton_LOTB
03-21-2017, 11:38 PM
I am assuming that if I sacrifice 10 maxed star/maxed level Eddies, this is going to equal maximum essence?

If the maxed Eddies are also naturally 5 stars, sure. A natural 4 star be worth less than a natural 5 star (which will be worth less than a natural 3 star, etc), but you won't need a whole bunch of maxed out nat 5 Eddies to get a reward from the highest reward tier (in fact, that would be crazy overkill).

For clarity, "Natural 5 star" means that's that character would normally be earned as a 5 star from souls (or what we would put it at if it were collectable from a soul).

Can't wait to see what that extra Assassin CotD is going to be worth!

That character alone will get you one of the last sacrifice tiers, but to maximize it's value, level him up with XP shards or doing battles in the campaign to get that essence even higher!

Another thing. Is it going to be easily to tell which character is your main version and which is the duplicate? ...don't want to accidentally sacrifice a full sharde character trying to get rid of a duplicate?

If you have skill shards invested, a skill shard icon will appear on the character's icon when you're choosing which characters to sacrifice. You can also press and hold to confirm if that character has skill levels, if they have stat changes from talismans, etc (the same Character Info popup you'd see in things like the Pre-Battle screen).

Also, you cannot sacrifice anything you have locked, so once the feature comes out, this is probably a good opportunity to unlock all the dupes you'll be ready to sacrifice (or to lock up all your valuable characters).

Spartan, If we sacrifice a 5* character will that reduce the 5* achievement? I hope not or we will still be stuck with 5* vendor trash until the achievement has been met. i know I have not been in hurry to get that achievement since I already have enough sand worms and heads maxed out, but I definitely don't want to loose the credit for that head or worm.

Those achievements care about getting the characters, not the amount in your inventory. You're free to sell (or soon Sacrifice) characters you've evolved to 5 star without reducing your progress for the "Earn 5 star characters x100" and related achievements.

Hypnos
03-22-2017, 01:59 AM
Sounds good lads, looking forward to it.

mjmxiii
03-22-2017, 04:58 AM
So I knew it wouldn't be perfect but it will be nice to have an option to selling chars for gold.

Reading some of the posts though there is a few questions I have...

1) Seeing as they are the most valuable items in the game, will we ever be able to remove skill shards?

2) Will we ever be able to sacrifice 1* souls in groups of 5-10 to upgrade them to 3* or 5*, and same question for GA 1* souls... 2 questions for the price of one :p

3) Will there be a way, eventually, to sacrifice lengendary souls to receive points towards rare chars like CG and Prisoner?

4) Most importantly and an extension of my last question, is there ever going be some way to NOT deal with RNG?

Thanks for the efforts guys.

cwsangster-3268
03-22-2017, 05:19 AM
Hell Yeppers! can't wait..\m/

konstifik
03-22-2017, 07:49 AM
Pretty much... but I would always caution against sacrificing yours if you only have one of them! The initial implementation of this feature is mainly to help get a better reward in case you get high-rarity dupes, but also a better avenue for rewards for lower-rarity dupes than just gold.

Yeah, I'll start with sacrificing my 21 dupe Eddies of varying sorts and see where that gets me. Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Heavy1974
03-22-2017, 07:49 AM
sounds promising, looking forward to that feature. Hopefully comes real soon.

Liebhild
03-22-2017, 08:12 AM
It is funny, that critical voices don't get an answer....

surfingwithdje
03-22-2017, 09:06 AM
Hi Sparton/Kaz,
Thank you very much for this feature, i hope it will coming very soon :)
Just one question, can we have an idea of how many valuable characters are need to obtain the higher sacrifice tier, and what can we expected about it ?

I just hope it's not an unobtainable thing like sacrifice 10x 5 stars native characters? (exept very few players, nobody has as much dupes premium characters :/)

I have no idea about the possible reward for this but if it's a soul (even a legendary) or a skillshard that's seems a very bad deal (imagine how many time/money/shards/ironite invested for 10 maxed characts..., trades for have a chance to get a random dupe 4* character :/)

I think the idea to sacrifice 10 characters at the same time is a very good idea for random 3* characts we have a lot, but that seems very huge for high value 4/5 stars characters...

Anyway i don't want to be negative, thank you for that, it's already better than what we have actually :)

Chaosego888
03-22-2017, 09:48 AM
If the maxed Eddies are also naturally 5 stars, sure. A natural 4 star be worth less than a natural 5 star (which will be worth less than a natural 3 star, etc), but you won't need a whole bunch of maxed out nat 5 Eddies to get a reward from the highest reward tier (in fact, that would be crazy overkill).

For clarity, "Natural 5 star" means that's that character would normally be earned as a 5 star from souls (or what we would put it at if it were collectable from a soul).

That character alone will get you one of the last sacrifice tiers, but to maximize it's value, level him up with XP shards or doing battles in the campaign to get that essence even higher!

If you have skill shards invested, a skill shard icon will appear on the character's icon when you're choosing which characters to sacrifice. You can also press and hold to confirm if that character has skill levels, if they have stat changes from talismans, etc (the same Character Info popup you'd see in things like the Pre-Battle screen).

Also, you cannot sacrifice anything you have locked, so once the feature comes out, this is probably a good opportunity to unlock all the dupes you'll be ready to sacrifice (or to lock up all your valuable characters).

Those achievements care about getting the characters, not the amount in your inventory. You're free to sell (or soon Sacrifice) characters you've evolved to 5 star without reducing your progress for the "Earn 5 star characters x100" and related achievements.
Thanks for the detailed responses...and any idea how far off we are on the soul fragments? That sounds like something that would solve some major issues...

blade685
03-22-2017, 10:08 AM
We have only dupes now, it's time to change something Sparton....

satani
03-22-2017, 12:30 PM

So, we should level our 3* dupe eddies to 4* 80 at least to get half-way good rewards.

Another question mentioned is: when i sacrifice a 5*-character, does it reduce my rewards/archievements-counter?

treeb0mbb
03-22-2017, 05:05 PM
So currently I have a bunch of 4* mummy eddies. Does this mean to maximize my essence I should upgrade them to 5* and level them up all the way? Or will I get a decent amount of essence anyways if they are just 4* but leveled up to 80?

Silentknight
03-22-2017, 05:14 PM
So currently I have a bunch of 4* mummy eddies. Does this mean to maximize my essence I should upgrade them to 5* and level them up all the way? Or will I get a decent amount of essence anyways if they are just 4* but leveled up to 80?

Betcha it's up to us to figure out which is more beneficial

druid138
03-22-2017, 05:21 PM

Yes, to me that's the big question . . . The trade-off between spending extra shards to get extra essence.

druid138-6195

Sparton_LOTB
03-22-2017, 05:58 PM
1) Seeing as they are the most valuable items in the game, will we ever be able to remove skill shards?

It is not something we're ruling out, but it is not the direction we have taken with Sacrifice, and is not something we have plans for right now.

2) Will we ever be able to sacrifice 1* souls in groups of 5-10 to upgrade them to 3* or 5*, and same question for GA 1* souls... 2 questions for the price of one :p

You do not sacrifice souls (or any other kind of item), only characters. If you summon using many lower rarity souls, you will occasionally get higher-rarity characters, and if you save those up and sacrifice those together, you have a chance of getting higher rarity souls (or other things, like 5 star XP shards or Skill Shards), but there's no direct upgrade path.

3) Will there be a way, eventually, to sacrifice lengendary souls to receive points towards rare chars like CG and Prisoner?

We don't have plans for being able to use souls for anything other than their original purpose: to summon characters. We do have plans for introducing souls that only summon specific characters (or a small subset of characters), but those will be earned through specific means (such as the previously discussed Soul Fragments from earlier in this thread).

4) Most importantly and an extension of my last question, is there ever going be some way to NOT deal with RNG?

Yes; again, the aforementioned Soul Fragments touched upon earlier in this thread is one of the upcoming features that is very much in that vein.

Just one question, can we have an idea of how many valuable characters are need to obtain the higher sacrifice tier, and what can we expected about it ?

I just hope it's not an unobtainable thing like sacrifice 10x 5 stars native characters? (exept very few players, nobody has as much dupes premium characters :/)

You can get to the highest sacrifice tier with far less than 10 5 star characters, but you would likely need a mix of natural 5 stars and natural 4 stars. The absolute highest tier really is meant for "well, you were unlucky with a bunch of souls (or saved up dupes over a long time), but here's some great stuff that'll be hard to get anywhere else". The 4th through 6th tiers are much more achievable with a mix of 3 stars and 4 stars and still has the opportunity to gain things like Skill Shards, a Legendary Soul, class souls, or even massive quantities of Rare Souls.

That said, you will also get a mix of Skill Shards, Rare Gun/Assassin Souls, and Legendary Souls for filling out your vortex meter, and you could do that entirely through sacrificing mountains of 3 stars or lower rarity characters, so even the lowly Common Soul will make progress towards a massive prize.

Thanks for the detailed responses...and any idea how far off we are on the soul fragments? That sounds like something that would solve some major issues...

We don't have a timeline to announce for that right now.

So, we should level our 3* dupe eddies to 4* 80 at least to get half-way good rewards.

They wouldn't be worth as much as a natural 4 star character, but that'll increase the value compared to sacrificing a 3 star at level 1, yes. Not to mention having "backpack Eddies" when grinding in PVE is free XP.

Another question mentioned is: when i sacrifice a 5*-character, does it reduce my rewards/archievements-counter?

Yes, to me that's the big question . . . The trade-off between spending extra shards to get extra essence.

Yeah, if XP shards, evo shards, and gold are something you have mountains of, you now have another avenue to use them to indirectly get better rewards. However, it's more and more expensive to maximize that essence value relative to how much you want to upgrade it, so that's something you'll need to make a decision for for yourself once the feature goes live and you play around with what your potential sacrificees are worth.

Silentknight
03-22-2017, 06:12 PM
RNG or not,still a welcome addition! Thx 2 all!!!

treeb0mbb
03-22-2017, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the response and clearing things up Sparton.

surfingwithdje
03-22-2017, 06:52 PM
Thank you for the answer Sparton ! That looks great!!

mjmxiii
03-22-2017, 06:53 PM
Thanks for replying Sparton. It will be good to have options for dupes

RACCAR-8000
03-22-2017, 07:39 PM
Before I sacrifice all my duplicate Eddies I would like to know one thing. Will there ever be a additional separate from regular pvp, a all Eddies pvp ? I've talked about it befor , how cool it we be , maybe not balanced but surely fun. If this may happen I might keep a couple extra Eds , but if it's never going to happen then ill sacrifice away. So is it ever going to happen??? 💀

Fister
03-22-2017, 08:13 PM
Well, it seems sacrefice wont be the feature I had hoped it would be. RNG!!! 😣

Me and RNG are not friends by any means.

However, this is still a way to MAYBE get something better than gold from previous failed RNG-outcome.

Sparton_LOTB
03-22-2017, 08:26 PM
Before I sacrifice all my duplicate Eddies I would like to know one thing. Will there ever be a additional separate from regular pvp, a all Eddies pvp ? I've talked about it befor , how cool it we be , maybe not balanced but surely fun. If this may happen I might keep a couple extra Eds , but if it's never going to happen then ill sacrifice away. So is it ever going to happen??? 💀

We are planning on adding new features that encourage different kinds of team compositions, or encourage you to collect and employ different kinds of characters. That could include using multiple eddies at once in a way that isn't just swapping aspects, but we don't have anything concrete we know we're doing for that yet (although there is something we're working on after Brave New World comes out which could involve using multiple Eddies at once).

gmac
03-22-2017, 08:33 PM
Server maintenance 2PM PST.

Has sacrifice arrived? ;)

mjmxiii
03-22-2017, 08:40 PM

Man I hope so... just saw that too... 🤞

Sparton_LOTB
03-22-2017, 09:30 PM

Man I hope so... just saw that too... 🤞

No, but it's a server update to help support the next major release (which also includes some tuning and minor bug fixes).

Silentknight
03-22-2017, 09:42 PM
No, but it's a server update to help support the next major release (which also includes some tuning and minor bug fixes).

Hey Sparton, any word on the list bug or why some people aren't getting attacked?

Sparton_LOTB
03-22-2017, 09:52 PM
Hey Sparton, any word on the list bug or why some people aren't getting attacked?

We have matchmaking changes live this upcoming server release, which will no doubt be a major discussion point in the March 22nd 2017 Update Discussion (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5077) thread.

Lets try to keep this thread on discussing Sacrifice, please.

CRAVEN19827
03-23-2017, 06:22 AM
In tne achievements' area the are the challenges, but doesn't seem to work...Probably not available yet?

RACCAR-8000
03-23-2017, 11:14 AM
That's great, thanks Sparton ! I'm excited for sacrifice and it's good to know that you guys have lots of stuff planned for the future. I'll probably keep some extra Eddies just in case. So like how many 2 star toons would it take to get to max tier sacrifice, 100 or more like a 1000 , or more?

Enti
03-23-2017, 04:52 PM
Thank you for the sneak peek at sacrifice, it is indeed a long awaited feature.

However, I do have one concern, and that is the part of higher star characters giving more essence than lower tier ones.

By the time sacrifice is open, it would be crucial for players to know how big of a difference would a 4* lvl 80 and a 5* lvl 100 dupe make with the sacrifice. An personal evaluation by players is much needed for this, as currently obtaining 6x 3* colored evo shard is really difficult with the current drop rate in LoL, even at level 10. I am currently aiming the achievement Earn 5 Star Characters IV and still lack several evo shards, but got a minimal amount of them (4-5) while grinding LoL whole day.

Also, considering the drop rate of runes, we arrive at the point where: using 50 troopers take a massive amount of time; farming runes to level up talismans take again a massive amount of time; then we might consider leveling anything to 100 before sacrificing, which will again take lots of time (not even mentioning the SoT refill costs).

I do hope though that sacrifice will come hand in hand with Brave New World, which (again I hope) will drop runes at a much higher rate than now any levels in Madness difficulty.

Sparton_LOTB
03-23-2017, 05:30 PM
In tne achievements' area the are the challenges, but doesn't seem to work...Probably not available yet?

The feature is not available yet.

That's great, thanks Sparton ! I'm excited for sacrifice and it's good to know that you guys have lots of stuff planned for the future. I'll probably keep some extra Eddies just in case. So like how many 2 star toons would it take to get to max tier sacrifice, 100 or more like a 1000 , or more?

You can only sacrifice 10 characters at a time, so you'll never be able to get to the highest sacrifice tiers with 2 stars. I haven't calculated the amount that you'd need to get the long term Vortex Bonus, but... it'll be a lot.

However, I do have one concern, and that is the part of higher star characters giving more essence than lower tier ones.

By the time sacrifice is open, it would be crucial for players to know how big of a difference would a 4* lvl 80 and a 5* lvl 100 dupe make with the sacrifice. An personal evaluation by players is much needed for this, as currently obtaining 6x 3* colored evo shard is really difficult with the current drop rate in LoL, even at level 10. I am currently aiming the achievement Earn 5 Star Characters IV and still lack several evo shards, but got a minimal amount of them (4-5) while grinding LoL whole day.

You'll be able to see how much a character's essence is when you select them in the sacrifice screen, so you'll be able to preview what your characters are worth before pulling the trigger and sacrificing anything.

Also, considering the drop rate of runes, we arrive at the point where: using 50 troopers take a massive amount of time; farming runes to level up talismans take again a massive amount of time; then we might consider leveling anything to 100 before sacrificing, which will again take lots of time (not even mentioning the SoT refill costs).

Getting characters to 5 star and level 100 will maximize their essence for sacrificing, but I think most people will agree that doing that for every fodder they want to sacrifice probably isn't worth it. That's a call that each individual needs to make for themselves.

I do hope though that sacrifice will come hand in hand with Brave New World, which (again I hope) will drop runes at a much higher rate than now any levels in Madness difficulty.

Brave New World will come after Sacrifice, but yes, Brave New World will be for runes as Lord of Light is for shards; a better source for the XP and Evo requirements than the cosmos worlds.

Enti
03-23-2017, 05:46 PM
Thank you for your response Sparton!

I am on the same opinion as you that no one will level to 100 ALL their dupes (as in my post: "we might consider leveling anything to 100 before sacrificing")
Really looking forward to sacrifice, I have a tiny space now in my character list and 30 Nautical Souls are waiting for me :D

satani
03-24-2017, 10:56 AM
let me see, if get it right?

I can sacrifice my 4*lv 80 dupe mummy or SOL eddie and maybe "only" get ironite or some rare soul?
Yet my dupe 5* nomad, child of the damned, viking eddie or allied general can get me higher rewards like some skill shards or a legendary souls?

Heavy1974
03-24-2017, 12:20 PM
let me see, if get it right?

I can sacrifice my 4*lv 80 dupe mummy or SOL eddie and maybe "only" get ironite or some rare soul?
Yet my dupe 5* nomad, child of the damned, viking eddie or allied general can get me higher rewards like some skill shards or a legendary souls?

as I understood : yes, if you sacrifice each one ALONE. You can add 10 chars together for better reward. If 10 3* beat 1 five* i can
only guess, but at least we get better stuff for our dupes and shitty chars than gold.

If that was exactly your question...

Sleestak
03-24-2017, 01:24 PM
Will performing a sacrifice cost gold to perform, and if so, will the cost increase based on a higher the sacrifice tier?

I know gold really isn't that much of an issue at the moment. But Everything from talisman leveling to the book of souls requires some sort of gold cost based on level and rarity, so I'd assume sacrifice would work the same way. It just may be a more difficult pill to swallow when paying, say 12k gold, to sacrifice dupes, only to get more dupes.

Sparton_LOTB
03-24-2017, 05:20 PM
Will performing a sacrifice cost gold to perform, and if so, will the cost increase based on a higher the sacrifice tier?

It doesn't directly cost gold, no.

It'll cost gold to get the characters, and it'll cost gold (and shards) to level up or evolve them to make them worth more, but no gold cost to actually do the sacrifice action.

blade685
03-31-2017, 07:39 AM
Reward are useless with tier 1-3 toons, with full tier 2 toons i win 1 evo shard and 2 useless shard ( we can't update toons because we have only dupes...)
For me Sacrifice is useless because i don't want sacrifice my rare tier 5 toons!
It's better to sell toons like before to win money.
All new features are bad...it's so frustrating no good update since very long time....

Enti
03-31-2017, 07:43 AM
Reward are useless with tier 1-3 toons, with full tier 2 toons i win 1 evo shard and 2 useless shard ( we can't update toons because we have only dupes...)
For me Sacrifice is useless because i don't want sacrifice my rare tier 5 toons!
It's better to sell toons like before to win money.
All new features are bad...it's so frustrating no good update since very long time....

Even if you have no duplicates of 4 or 5 star characters, any sacrifice you make will sloooooowly fill up the vortex meter.

And after a while you won't be using that much coins anyways so imo on the long run sacrifice is still a better option to dump unwanted characters.

blade685
03-31-2017, 08:18 AM
Even if you have no duplicates of 4 or 5 star characters, any sacrifice you make will sloooooowly fill up the vortex meter.

And after a while you won't be using that much coins anyways so imo on the long run sacrifice is still a better option to dump unwanted characters.
Sacrifice worth it only with full 5 and 4*?
99% of dupes are 1 to 3*
If yes it's really another bad update like all others :(

konstifik
03-31-2017, 08:38 AM
99% of dupes are 1 to 3*

Did you really expect to get a ton of good stuff from sacrificing crappy toons?

If you summon 99 common souls and sell all the characters you get, you will earn 10-20k in gold, which is almost nothing. If you sacrifice all those, you will likely get a few rare souls from which you will at least have the chance to get a good 4* or 5* character. You'll also get some SoT, some SoW and shards. Worth it to me at least.

Heavy1974
03-31-2017, 08:43 AM
Did you really expect to get a ton of good stuff from sacrificing crappy toons?

If you summon 99 common souls and sell all the characters you get, you will earn 10-20k in gold, which is almost nothing. If you sacrifice all those, you will likely get a few rare souls from which you will at least have the chance to get a good 4* or 5* character. You'll also get some SoT, some SoW and shards. Worth it to me at least.

exactly my view on Sacrifice. got my vortex full this week on selling rubbish and got myself a magus corrupt rescuer, so i am fine...

powerslave74
03-31-2017, 08:50 AM
99% of dupes are 1 to 3*

While you do need to sacrifice toons of all levels to get all of the achievements, if you have a bunch of unused common souls then you should use those for sacrifice. It will take a lot of them to fill the vortex meter (the interior purple ring), but eventually it will fill up and you will receive legendary souls, skill shards or both. I did not level up any of these toons before sacrificing them. I did receive two legendary souls and some skill shards by doing this. Plus, I received a bunch of rare souls along the way too. I think I sacrificed around 500 common souls that I had been saving up in order to achieve this. I consider this to be a great update, but I guess it depends on what you are able to receive from the RNG when summoning souls. I received Carriage Rider Eddie, Tailgunner Eddie, Angel of Fear, and quite a number of great toons from this so I am biased towards loving it.

blade685
04-10-2017, 02:27 PM
While you do need to sacrifice toons of all levels to get all of the achievements, if you have a bunch of unused common souls then you should use those for sacrifice. It will take a lot of them to fill the vortex meter (the interior purple ring), but eventually it will fill up and you will receive legendary souls, skill shards or both. I did not level up any of these toons before sacrificing them. I did receive two legendary souls and some skill shards by doing this. Plus, I received a bunch of rare souls along the way too. I think I sacrificed around 500 common souls that I had been saving up in order to achieve this. I consider this to be a great update, but I guess it depends on what you are able to receive from the RNG when summoning souls. I received Carriage Rider Eddie, Tailgunner Eddie, Angel of Fear, and quite a number of great toons from this so I am biased towards loving it.

You received legendary souls with 1 and 2* toons?
Me only 1 rare ( = dupe toon) with full 1-2*

Browno
04-10-2017, 03:45 PM
Sac 7 1* toons or 4 2* to get the tiers and just do this all the time. You will get some rare souls by doing this. Then sac 3 3* for tier 2 reward. You will fill the meter eventually and get some shards and souls for it.

blade685
04-11-2017, 12:56 PM
3X3* and... 1 Evo rune 3* lol
I like that system...
We need new toons not evo runes or rare souls ( only dupes with them )
Always 0 new toons in 2017 wtf :(

konstifik
04-11-2017, 03:24 PM
3X3* and... 1 Evo rune 3* lol
I like that system...
We need new toons not evo runes or rare souls ( only dupes with them )
Always 0 new toons in 2017 wtf :(

I've gotten a new 5* Eddie, three new 4* toons and the last 3* toon I didn't have thanks to souls from sacrifice. Plus 9-10 skill shards.

blade685
04-11-2017, 05:46 PM
I've gotten a new 5* Eddie, three new 4* toons and the last 3* toon I didn't have thanks to souls from sacrifice. Plus 9-10 skill shards.

not with simple 1* and 2* i think no?
if yes with only 99 common souls?

Enti
04-11-2017, 05:52 PM
not with simple 1* and 2* i think no?
if yes with only 99 common souls?

My first vortex fill was achieved from the hundreds of useless 1* and 2* souls I accumulated over time, mate. Be patient and perstistent, and it will fill up slowly

blade685
04-11-2017, 08:13 PM
My first vortex fill was achieved from the hundreds of useless 1* and 2* souls I accumulated over time, mate. Be patient and perstistent, and it will fill up slowly

Thanks, if i understand we must use all 1*-2* to have good gift with sacrifice after?

Enti
04-11-2017, 09:18 PM
The thing is that the sacrifice reward on its own after 1-2* characters is indeed mostly useless (though you can still get a rare soul by chance even at tier 1 sacrifice) but each and every soul sacrificed contributes to the vortex meter (the purple circle in the middle of the altar). The vortex has the ultimate rewards as it chooses (I think 5 or 6) items from the narrowest pool, which is G/A soul, Skill Shard and Legendary Soul (note: ultimate sacrifice and vortex rewards share the same pool, but vortex higher number of item given to you).

Yes, it does take an immense amount of useless souls to fill the vortex, but as each soul's essence worth is put to the vortex meter, on the long run you are better off killing them instead of selling.

blade685
04-11-2017, 09:49 PM
ok you need 500-1000 souls to win the vortex and you must use 500-1000 another souls to have the same? if yes it's not a good feature
It take me several month to have 1000 normal souls