PDA

View Full Version : March 22nd 2017 Update Discussion

Sparton_LOTB
03-22-2017, 09:50 PM
This is the main post to discuss general changes from the recent update.

You can see the details of the update that has just gone live in the Game Updates forum post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5076).

RCarter
03-22-2017, 09:54 PM
"Zone Eater" talisman?

Enti
03-22-2017, 10:02 PM
"Zone Eater" talisman?

I'm curious about that as well

Sparton_LOTB
03-22-2017, 10:06 PM
"Zone Eater" talisman?

I'm curious about that as well

Some of the early founders have these talismans from founders packs. They haven't been available in any other way since, but they (along with other talismans, like Thorn and Explosive) will become available in the upcoming Brave New World, so they have had some tuning adjustments to fit with what we want them to do once they are widely available.

gmac
03-22-2017, 10:10 PM
Hi Sparton,

So happy for the changes in matchmaking! Hope this work well! :D

I did not like Artillery Dog talisman slot change, but ok.

By the way, don't know if you read, there was some discussion about talisman slots mandatory colors on the weekly thread.

Some points I made.
- Some toons that do true damage have blue/red slots (AoS, w Troll, s Pyro)
- SoL Eddie would be useful with a green spot now. 3 blues make him too weak for PVP.
- Can't see any toon that can stack 2 immunity sets. (perhaps change gunner undead soldier?)

That and many more observations where brought by other forum members, seems to me there is a lot of interest in this subject.

Cheers
Gmac

druid138
03-22-2017, 10:33 PM
Also, I'm seeing some new Achievements listed related to Sacrifice. Anticipation is building!

druid138-6195

BenjaminBreeg
03-22-2017, 10:54 PM
Is actually anything planned for the really weak visions Eddie?

Sparton_LOTB
03-22-2017, 11:08 PM
So happy for the changes in matchmaking! Hope this work well! :D

Same; I'm still expecting some weirdness since we're mid-week, but definitely let us know here or elsewhere on the forums what your experience/opinions are of the changes. We'll been keeping an eye on the various parts of the forum, even if we aren't posting in most threads.

I did not like Artillery Dog talisman slot change, but ok.

By the way, don't know if you read, there was some discussion about talisman slots mandatory colors on the weekly thread.

Some points I made.
- Some toons that do true damage have blue/red slots (AoS, w Troll, s Pyro)
- SoL Eddie would be useful with a green spot now. 3 blues make him too weak for PVP.
- Can't see any toon that can stack 2 immunity sets. (perhaps change gunner undead soldier?)

That and many more observations where brought by other forum members, seems to me there is a lot of interest in this subject.

Specifically on the subject of the Artillery Dog talisman slot change, that was one of those things where it was brought up from another player. We looked at what we wanted to allowed to be built for talisman setups and decided that the change we made here was the best course of action (since it's a physical attacker but still a defensive character, we felt Green-Red-Green was better than Green-Purple-Green, or having more non-Green slots).

Similarly, we'll take a look at the suggestions you and others have made. Keep in mind that we want to be very careful who we allow having things like two Immunity slots, and in some cases we have certain mixes of talisman colours to either encourage slightly more defensive or offensive builds, or to just not allow going too much in one particular direction.

Is actually anything planned for the really weak visions Eddie?

We still have a bug fix we need to find the solution for with his cleanse buff, but we do not have plan to adjust Visions of the Beast Eddie at this time.

Rodrigo-3281
03-22-2017, 11:36 PM
Specifically on the subject of the Artillery Dog talisman slot change, that was one of those things where it was brought up from another player. We looked at what we wanted to allowed to be built for talisman setups and decided that the change we made here was the best course of action (since it's a physical attacker but still a defensive character, we felt Green-Red-Green was better than Green-Purple-Green, or having more non-Green slots).

Oh man and just when I finally started using him last week and becoming more competitive especially with the talisman setup of Green-Purple-Green.

If I never remove the Purple talisman in that new Red slot it'll stay there right?

Frost
03-22-2017, 11:37 PM
- Can't see any toon that can stack 2 immunity sets. (perhaps change gunner undead soldier?)[/I]

I know there are 4-5 toons that can stack 2 sets, but NONE are usefull in PvP.

The immunity and shell talismans are a real bad joke since they can be denied with Siege.

gmac
03-22-2017, 11:43 PM
Hi Sparton

Talisman slots consideration (all my views are biased towards PVP)
Artielary Dog - I prefer purple to red to go void + blind or paralysis, that is very powerful combo for PVP, a red is ok too but not my style.
Sentinel Pyro - Same as above, plus he does true damage, he pales in comparison to his brother warrior and this would be great for him in PVP.
Speed of Light Eddie - With one green he could go one shell, one immunity, one other blue set, would work GREAT on paper against most Prisoner teams. He is already fragile, so 3 blues...
Angel of Strife - He got nerfed along with Angel of Fear for no good reason, he was not considered for nerfing and also does true damage, a purple would compensate a bit and give people interesting options... (he is good against prisoners too...)
2 immunity sets - should not be allowed on key toons, too much, but so is the Prisoner's passive... (Yeah, I have a little problem with that)

Visions Eddie
He is a lv5, pleeeease fix Equilibrium!

Matchmaking fix input
We´ll keep you posted, stay tuned!
(Ra! Always wanted to say this to you!) :p

Thanks again for interacting with us :)
Gmac

mjmxiii
03-22-2017, 11:54 PM
Oh man and just when I finally started using him last week and becoming more competitive especially with the talisman setup of Green-Purple-Green.

If I never remove the Purple talisman in that new Red slot it'll stay there right?

Yes. My War Troll is still able to have the red slot hold a purple talisman... don't remove it and it will be fine... that said, I believe the change to Artillery dog is a no-brainer. He deals no magic or true damage whatsoever. Changing purple to a red slot and upping his DEF and MR make him much more effective all-around. Now he is able to have 2 sets of fierce or guardian talismans or a set of each while retaining the option have a health, stone or crystal talisman set and increased ATK potential... imo, excellent change!

Silentknight
03-22-2017, 11:58 PM
My list refreshed 20 min. after update. Similar names,maybe a couple new ones,all lower than me. Refreshed 1/2 hr. later,all new names! Still all lower,hopefully that'll change.

mjmxiii
03-23-2017, 12:10 AM
My list refreshed 20 min. after update. Similar names,maybe a couple new ones,all lower than me. Refreshed 1/2 hr. later,all new names! Still all lower,hopefully that'll change.

Noticed a bunch of lower level players on my list as well. Some level 60 or lower. List seems to have generated by PvP ranking instead of player level.

Blacksteel
03-23-2017, 12:12 AM
Is it just me or there was an (unintended?) change to the ascension talisman?.
With this update the set 'icon' changed and also the effect changed to 'Increases special by 25% of MR'

After further review it looks like the effect is still the same old (increase magic by 1% of HP), so maybe just a bug with the text and icons

gmac
03-23-2017, 12:14 AM
Noticed a bunch of lower level players on my list as well. Some level 60 or lower. List seems to have generated by PvP ranking instead of player level.

For me same names at first, refreshed and lots of new names on lower levels.

Rodrigo-3281
03-23-2017, 12:18 AM
Yes. My War Troll is still able to have the red slot hold a purple talisman... don't remove it and it will be fine... that said, I believe the change to Artillery dog is a no-brainer. He deals no magic or true damage whatsoever. Changing purple to a red slot and upping his DEF and MR make him much more effective all-around. Now he is able to have 2 sets of fierce or guardian talismans or a set of each while retaining the option have a health, stone or crystal talisman set and increased ATK potential... imo, excellent change!

Gmac mentioned it in his post but I like having the Void and Blind talisman setup with him. I can't tell you how many times that Void Shield has helped (when it does work properly).

gmac
03-23-2017, 12:23 AM
Gmac mentioned it in his post but I like having the Void and Blind talisman setup with him. I can't tell you how many times that Void Shield has helped (when it does work properly).

Yeah, exactly.

But I get why people would also like a red, depends on how you play the toon. Same goes for many toons.

One solution perhaps a slot that would allow two colors choices? Would allow us to get more creative and use toons in different ways.

Sparton_LOTB
03-23-2017, 12:34 AM
Is it just me or there was an (unintended?) change to the ascension talisman?.
With this update the set 'icon' changed and also the effect changed to 'Increases special by 25% of MR'

After further review it looks like the effect is still the same old (increase magic by 1% of HP), so maybe just a bug with the text and icons

Yeah, it looks like some work we were intending to release later leaked out ahead of time.

We plan on renaming the "Ascension" talisman, since we feel that name will better fit a different talisman we want to introduce in Brave New World. However, it looks like some mixup has occurred for how that older (not currently collectable) talisman is described/displayed.

Nonetheless, we do intend for that older talisman to function as it currently does, but we'll need to track down what went wrong here.

Nicko
03-23-2017, 12:49 AM
A couple things

1) Thanks so much for pushing this through. Personally it was more critical than sacrifice to try to make things more fair. Great to see you guys are listening!

2) Void Shields - a separate thread - and one I planned starting this weekend. I use them all the time. And I hate them! Just one more thing that restricts usage of characters. Right now my defense is all True Damage because any other defense will self destruct. It really limits the characters we can use. I'm all for a shield that causes some damage, but the severe damage the Void Shields cause now - along with removing beneficial effects - is simply too much. Like Jofer said in another thread - I love seeing the Blue Bat - a Void Shields dream.

How about lessening the damage and removing their obliteration of beneficial effects? 90% of the toons on my roster are useless on defense due to Void Shields...

gmac
03-23-2017, 12:54 AM
A couple things

1) Thanks so much for pushing this through. Personally it was more critical than sacrifice to try to make things more fair. Great to see you guys are listening!

2) Void Shields - a separate thread - and one I planned starting this weekend. I use them all the time. And I hate them! Just one more thing that restricts usage of characters. Right now my defense is all True Damage because any other defense will self destruct. It really limits the characters we can use. I'm all for a shield that causes some damage, but the severe damage the Void Shields cause now - along with removing beneficial effects - is simply too much. Like Jofer said in another thread - I love seeing the Blue Bat - a Void Shields dream.

How about lessening the damage and removing their obliteration of beneficial effects? 90% of the toons on my roster are useless on defense due to Void Shields...

Throw AoP or DD in or offense and they will take void shield down every round if alive.

Oh wait, Prisoner's passive will not let siege work. That is too much :cool:

Kaz_LOTB
03-23-2017, 12:59 AM
A couple things

There are two issues with Void Shield right now that we are looking to fix in future patches:

1.) They are procing way more than advertised (a knock on of fixing the multi-hit talisman procing)

2.) They are indeed doing more damage than they should.

They should be in a good place once these fixes are in. I agree they are a bit too abusive atm.

-Kaz

HomemLivre
03-23-2017, 01:20 AM
We still have a bug fix we need to find the solution for with his cleanse buff, but we do not have plan to adjust Visions of the Beast Eddie at this time.

Really? This Eddie has potential to be a game changer in Arena and since his release you guys have no plan to fix it? Wow...

HomemLivre
03-23-2017, 01:27 AM
There are two issues with Void Shield right now that we are looking to fix in future patches:

1.) They are procing way more than advertised (a knock on of fixing the multi-hit talisman procing)

2.) They are indeed doing more damage than they should.

They should be in a good place once these fixes are in. I agree they are a bit too abusive atm.

-Kaz

If you guys want to do that with void talis (that looks good like they are now even "not working properly") AND your not going to change Prisoner, why not lower the set for 2 pieces? It seems reasonable

HomemLivre
03-23-2017, 01:30 AM
Throw AoP or DD in or offense and they will take void shield down every round if alive.

Oh wait, Prisoner's passive will not let siege work. That is too much :cool:

Yeah, sounds a little like a joke to complain about void shields...

Nicko
03-23-2017, 01:54 AM
Yeah, sounds a little like a joke to complain about void shields...

I'm not trying to sound cocky - and I say that genuinely - but if you saw video of me against your defense you may complain ;). It self-destructs

And live players (probably) are smart enough not to attack Void shields - maybe choosing a power move - but the AI isn't

Yes - Siege may disable them - but there are a lot of Prisoners out there. Void Shields are really limiting in their current state.

Thanks Kaz!

CanyptianFit
03-23-2017, 02:00 AM
Sparton, I'm seeing runes now in the hundreds. Before they maxed at 99.

Is that a recent change? Welcomed if it is.

HomemLivre
03-23-2017, 02:14 AM
I'm not trying to sound cocky - and I say that genuinely - but if you saw video of me against your defense you may complain ;). It self-destructs

And live players (probably) are smart enough not to attack Void shields - maybe choosing a power move - but the AI isn't

Yes - Siege may disable them - but there are a lot of Prisoners out there. Void Shields are really limiting in their current state.

Thanks Kaz!

What Im saying is that LOTS more things to fix before, like the Prisoner thing and many others.
Just a change on the Prisoner will let this 'issue' with void talis be solved.

RCarter
03-23-2017, 02:21 AM

Amen on that!

Whats the new stack cap?

Sparton_LOTB
03-23-2017, 03:48 AM
Really? This Eddie has potential to be a game changer in Arena and since his release you guys have no plan to fix it? Wow...

It's not a matter of no plan to fix it, is that our initial appraisal of the bug indicated it was not obvious how the code was broken to cause it to function as it does (or how to make it do what it we want it to without introducing a bug elsewhere, like with instantaneous cleanses).

Amen on that!

Whats the new stack cap?

Oh, uh... I guess that is. I know there was a bug fix in our internal tracking software to enable that, but I thought further work was needed to make that actually function.

Probably means that shards and runes will stack to up to 999 per stack. That'll hopefully solve much of the "inventory is full, please sell" problem. Maybe it'll be a few more months before someone hits that popup again...

R1ck
03-23-2017, 03:50 AM
That's right, more than 99 in one pile.

Sacrifice coming soon, new achievements.

HomemLivre
03-23-2017, 03:56 AM
It's not a matter of no plan to fix it, is that our initial appraisal of the bug indicated it was not obvious how the code was broken to cause it to function as it does (or how to make it do what it we want it to without introducing a bug elsewhere, like with instantaneous cleanses).

"but we do not have plan to adjust Visions of the Beast Eddie at this time." - So when will this be?
I understand you guys dont figured out how to fix it, but your always saying thats not the time.

Kaz_LOTB
03-23-2017, 04:02 AM
"but we do not have plan to adjust Visions of the Beast Eddie at this time." - So when will this be?
I understand you guys dont figured out how to fix it, but your always saying thats not the time.

I'll take a look to see if there are any fixes possible for this within the next few patches. Can't make any promises, but I'll nudge it up on my list of things to do.

-Kaz

HomemLivre
03-23-2017, 04:05 AM
I'll take a look to see if there are any fixes possible for this within the next few patches. Can't make any promises, but I'll nudge it up on my list of things to do.

-Kaz

Lots os players want to use him besides me.
Thanks for your reply, Kaz. Its good to see you guys are working in this.

Browno
03-23-2017, 05:22 AM
Possesed rockets warior do not have an extra skill lvl as stated in tuning

Kutte
03-23-2017, 07:39 AM
about the voids:
there are many, MANY more important problems than those little buggers which aren't working at all sometimes.
It's the only working solution against a Grim Reaper who can destroy multiple toons in one round with his standard attack only - IF they work at all (= if they aren't bugged again and do nothing on mag/phy attacks), IF enemy team doesn't use siege, IF you are able to do something ever, IF they trigger
and last but not least IF enemy doesn't use true dmg. Oh and if enemy team also has a Voidshield up: they can remove yours if you have a Magic/Physical attacker.

If you nerf them they will be completely useless

Edit: Sorry its of course Grim Reaper, not Carriage Rider

Peppoah
03-23-2017, 07:56 AM
about the voids:
there are many, MANY more important problems than those little buggers which aren't working at all sometimes.
It's the only working solution against a carriage rider eddie who can destroy multiple toons in one round with his standard attack only - IF they work at all, IF enemy team doesn't use siege, IF you are able to do something ever, IF they trigger
and last but not least IF enemy doesn't use true dmg. Oh and if enemy team also has a Voidshield up: they can remove yours if you have a Magic/Physical attacker.

If you nerf them they will be completely useless

Well spoken, Kutte. Recht hast!
What's up with the Explosive Talismans? I still have a lot of them from last year and they were the first talis that I had on level 50. The button is gone and they should be on when you make a perfect hit. But I didn't see this so far.
Someone has experience with them?
Btw, I was happy to see that they could become useful. The same goes for the Thorn talismans.
Are there any plans to bring back Guard Talisman? I have only one of the them and could need two more.

slauki
03-23-2017, 10:09 AM
list seems far better for me but i only had the time to refresh a few times. will test more later and post if something changes.
pretty okay with that so far. some highranks, some midranks and some lowranks on the list with different names every time so far seems fair for me.

it seems that you swiched to a step by step approach, so change one thing at once. the merit of this is that most changes went smoothly and without causing too much trouble.
the famous NF -Screw-Ups seems to be eliminated in the last couple of changes, so congrats for that.

the only downside with this is that many things are still causing trouble and they are well known for a long time.

the pointsysystem in PVP is one of them. it'S so frustrating to win 98% of fights and still cannot go further than 1900 points
with the natural refills. this is known since release of pvp and still no changes, even this should be really easy to fix.
just extend the reduced pointloss from 1700 to 2300 or 2100 points and things will be in order. matchmaking fix won't change anything here.

i'm pretty covinced that people will not spend ironite in longterm if they are frustrated because they lost 300 points over night.
this is too much of a sissyphos work, so many will give up and play for coins only like myself. people will spend more if they enjoy the feature and see progress. atm it's a negative motivation
to spend ironite to compensate for the daily losses- a more positive appproach would be better (spending because of gaining more points, higher ranks and thus more iron coins)

will not talk about balance, because OPness of prisoner, siege, grim reaper and gunner CR. they are all well known, and the talisman are not working as a longterm solution, even if they are very usefull sometimes.

agree with nicko and others regarding the voidshields, they are much to powerfull and proc way too often. glad that you are working on this.

all in all happy to see some progress in all, but i would really love to see fixes for the main issues soon and sacrifice of course :D

best regards

Frost
03-23-2017, 12:52 PM
over and over again... and again... and again...

always the same names, the same teams, the same F'n'Chuck'Prisoner'Norris, same Siege teams...

DaveMurray
03-23-2017, 01:38 PM
Last update just destroyed PVP for me!!
I was barely at 1600 points before the update with opponents at the same lvl as me and with almost equal teams. Now after 20 refreshes i only get 100lvl opponents with beast teams that kill me in the first round.
I only won 2 matches because i went first and i was able to stun the whole opponent team. Also i am getting the same number of attacks as before plus even more cause everyone revenged the weak guy and offcourse i lost all the matches, so basically PVP is over for me.
The only thing that got "fixed" is that after 20 refreshes i don't remember seing the same name more than twice.

Ian
03-23-2017, 01:44 PM
Void talismans are not really
an issue - Many ways to counter them, Kutte is right. Problem in the arena for me are things I can't control but they spoil my enjoyment; being attacked more than you can possibly counter without spending insane amounts of ironite, is the biggest frustration - like Slauki says. Makes it difficult to go away for a bit and not be able to log in, then see you lost 200+ points. Like going for higher ranks is more an exercise in buying power and free time rather than playing skill or team composition, and actually loses you ironite.

Part of me is glad for a few Eric Cartman's who will help fund the game in this way but I'd prefer an environment where everyone felt that spending a few dollars was worthwhile, and that they could realistically climb the ranks.

Liebhild
03-23-2017, 02:25 PM
Great how the Stun and Taunt Fest was fixed...

Still sitting in front of my device and see LOTB in autoplaymode.

Edit: it has become even worster, now almost always the whole team gets taunted.

PerthEddie
03-23-2017, 02:59 PM
Must admit that following the last hour or so of playing PvP (sorry "Tauntfest") that I am feeling a bit demoralised with it. I am guilty as well as I have a Mummy Eddie in my defence. I had to put him in really and my defence is still crap :(

Got a lot of souls to open tomorrow night so I am hoping I get some decent PvP toons.

Jofer16
03-23-2017, 04:21 PM
So what are other people's findings with the matchmaking update? Wanted to play around with it and do a bunch of list clears. For me the algorithm that chooses who is in your list remains similar, I'm just seeing a different player pool. For example I never saw Coletrain prior, he appeared on 2 out of my first 3 lists. Some other guy who's name started with an E using speed of light, same thing, never seen him before and it seemed he was on like 50% of my lists, and another named 020202 or something. Lots of new users, but they were repeated like the names I used to see. Could be small sample size error but doesn't feel like much changed other than reshuffling users around.

Silentknight
03-23-2017, 04:32 PM
Lists have more variety but still not seeing the usual suspects. I.E. low attack players.

gmac
03-23-2017, 04:41 PM
Same names at first, after refresh some new names, but mostly people I've seen before.

Number of attacks received seems to be a bit lower after the update.

Enti
03-23-2017, 04:54 PM
I'm waiting till the end of the week to consider whether I'll jump in to PVP again or not... Was attacked a total of 165 times before the update, but I do expect another 130+ till arena reset :D

mjmxiii
03-23-2017, 04:56 PM
Seems like it is working the way it's supposed too...

"Adjusted the matchmaking so that the game more readily filters for people closer to your ranking and who haven’t been attacked repeatedly"

If you are not attacking the people in your list and only refreshing it, it would make sense that the same person would reappear as you did not attack them. Seems logical anyway...

Jofer16
03-23-2017, 04:56 PM
Been thinking more about this and I honestly don't think it's fixable outside of adding more users, the root issue is there aren't enough people in the upper rankings to support it. People like me who tend to like to play a lot and grind will always see repeated names because there just aren't many to choose from. Even if it's spread out, the available around my rank are slim. The only way to fix it, aside from adding more users, is to set attack limits against players, but if that were implemented I'd just use all those up on people around my rank and the only option is to work downwards, making it increasingly easier to continue to climb the more I play.

Could also set attack limits in general, but that would be financial suicide on their end, and players like me would get bored knowing my attacks are finite. Making it more about timing of attacks and cherry picking, if people were limited you're not going to see any desire to clear a list for more attempts.

This is a tough one. Adding more incentive like contests, better rewards would up the player/participation, probably the only long term fix, the rest will just be bandaiding it like shuffling up whatever they use to group people, things of that nature.

Jofer16
03-23-2017, 04:58 PM

"Adjusted the matchmaking so that the game more readily filters for people closer to your ranking and who haven’t been attacked repeatedly"

If you are not attacking the people in your list and only refreshing it, it would make sense that the same person would reappear as you did not attack them. Seems logical anyway...

I was clearing my lists by attacking everyone, not refreshing as you suggest.

Jofer16
03-23-2017, 05:05 PM
Think my rank points went from 2200ish, to around 4000 during the process last night haha Or maybe I was around 3200, don't remember now :)

Silentknight
03-23-2017, 05:05 PM

Attacking anyone above me & a few that are below but close. Only 1 manual refresh,rest have refreshed when timer expires. Still have yet to see Kris,Coletrain,Stex666 or Go8osMetal. Same people I never see!

Silentknight
03-23-2017, 05:09 PM
Think my rank points went from 2200ish, to around 4000 during the process last night haha Or maybe I was around 3200, don't remember now :)

LMAO,just a blur!

Jofer16
03-23-2017, 05:19 PM
LMAO,just a blur!

Yeah I wish speed of light Eddie was more viable, he'd better fit my team lol

Nicko
03-23-2017, 05:34 PM
So what are other people's findings with the matchmaking update? Wanted to play around with it and do a bunch of list clears. For me the algorithm that chooses who is in your list remains similar, I'm just seeing a different player pool. For example I never saw Coletrain prior, he appeared on 2 out of my first 3 lists. Some other guy who's name started with an E using speed of light, same thing, never seen him before and it seemed he was on like 50% of my lists, and another named 020202 or something. Lots of new users, but they were repeated like the names I used to see. Could be small sample size error but doesn't feel like much changed other than reshuffling users around.

Haven't played enough to judge, but like others there seem to be less attacks on me after the update - woke up to 11 - used to be 20ish or more. Can't deny I was pretty excited ;)

I don't mind attacking the same people - like you said it's to some degree unavoidable - as long as those people aren't getting attacked disproportionately while others barely get hit. Defenses will be heading lower and lower as more of the new talismans get used and equipped each week, so number of attacks is critical as most of those will be losses as opposed to Holds.

It will be interesting to see attack numbers people post this weekend - and next weekend after a full week of this update...

Silentknight
03-23-2017, 05:38 PM
Haven't played enough to judge, but like others there seem to be less attacks on me after the update - woke up to 11 - used to be 20ish or more. Can't deny I was pretty excited ;)

That's just cuz I've been sleeping,lmao!

Sidney
03-23-2017, 06:03 PM

I woke up to just 9 attacks over night... Which was a nice change from the 90+ I used to get overnight. This was a refreshing change. But I have to say the stacks of runes and shards not being capped at 99 is my absolute favorite part of the update!!

Shaolin85london
03-23-2017, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=Jofer16;34893]So what are other people's findings with the matchmaking update? Wanted to play around with it and do a bunch of list clears. For me the algorithm that chooses who is in your list remains similar, I'm just seeing a different player pool. For example I never saw Coletrain prior, he appeared on 2 out of my first 3 lists. Some other guy who's name started with an E using speed of light, same thing, never seen him before and it seemed he was on like 50% of my lists, and another named 020202 or something. Lots of new users, but they were repeated like the names I used to see. Could be small sample size error but doesn't feel like much changed other than reshuffling users around.[/QUOTE

Same here, player 020 ecc pop up often in my list, no refreshing but cleaning up]

Kris-0707
03-23-2017, 07:34 PM
Attacking anyone above me & a few that are below but close. Only 1 manual refresh,rest have refreshed when timer expires. Still have yet to see Kris,Coletrain,Stex666 or Go8osMetal. Same people I never see!

I don't remember seeing you ever on my list mate!
Have fought today with Stex666, Go8osMetal and other new players who came up after the update.

Silentknight
03-23-2017, 07:40 PM
I don't remember seeing you ever on my list mate!
Have fought today with Stex666, Go8osMetal and other new players who came up after the update.

Yeah,almost seems like u guys are in your own little group. Think we've met 1x a few weeks ago...thats it. Will wait & see. GL!

Kris-0707
03-23-2017, 08:13 PM
Yeah,almost seems like u guys are in your own little group. Think we've met 1x a few weeks ago...thats it. Will wait & see. GL!

Maybe, who knows?
Anyways, someone mentioned about taunt after the update ... yes, it is ridiculous now. After few fights in a row where I can hit the AI one or two times per whole battle I just don't want to continue playing another one. This is just not fun at all.
Devs, are you planning to do anything with cc balance? Stop to allow stun/freeze/taunt more than one toon per hit. Simply - stun/freeze/taunt should be possible to apply only to selected target not to whole bloody team!

Lord Schmeb
03-23-2017, 08:45 PM
The only change that I have noticed, at least up to this point, is what other folks have said already. The taunt/stun fest is bugged or incorrect in my opinion. I first started PVP when it was released to the public, and up until this update I think I had maybe half a dozen battles where the other team went first, and I lost the match before I had a chance to even tap the screen. Today alone, I have had that happen twice, along with maybe a dozen other matches where three of four characters were dead before I got a chance to do anything. That is some super frustrating shit right there.

I have never had an issue with matchmaking and/or being attacked incessantly like some of you guys, so I can't really comment on that part of it. I do hate the gunner robot though, and while I hate to see certain characters get nerfed, I can't imagine that it is acting the way it is supposed to. Using a turn/ability to steal his buffs, only to have them reappear instantly, is frustrating. Part of me has really enjoyed the challenge of finding ways around certain bullshit like this, (void shields, Prisoner, AoF, etc.) but it is becoming a little less fun every match. Like I said, I don't want to see any character get screwed over, but known bugs/issues that do not get addressed are really starting to wear me out.

While I'm thinking about it, those of us that have Grim Reaper Eddie earned that bastard, and the 6 trillion skill shards it took to make it so he could make multiple slashes on the enemy. Just like everything else in the game that is not a shit-assed bug, there are ways to get around his multi attack. The idea of nerfing him makes my balls tuck up inside a little bit… if changes need to be made to characters, I would prefer them to happen to the characters that were required merely due to luck of the RNG versus one that was earned by merit and hard work.

And lastly, the whole "I am not a robot" part of posting here is more obnoxious than Frost. And that is really saying something!

mjmxiii
03-23-2017, 09:02 PM
Weird bug won't let me edit without deleting...

Was saying matchmaking system might need a full week for an honest evaluation...

And, I might get some flack for this but I'm still of the mind that PvP is intentionally flawed.. imho.. it's proven it favors Prisoner teams, at least advantage wise. Also seems that Void effect is now an issue some teams complain about having to adjust to (not all, but some have and I say that to make this point...) Devs are quick to speak about accommodating those complaints/concerns but won't address the overwhelming majorities concerns in Prisoner discussions. Solutions only seem to strengthen the issue.

It's one thing to be skilled and have good strategy (and cheers to those who are excellent at it) but combining that with superior toons is leaving the playing field unlevel. Take away OP tunes who have no counter other than themselves and the festival of taunts and other annoying strategies and it is no longer fun for those who bank on these advantages.

Love the game and I've enjoyed the challenge of facing Prisoner and Tauntfest teams, but still hard to jump in head first and consistently face these teams for RNG rewards and bragging rights... Will leave that for those who enjoy such things.. looking forward to Sacrifice, BNW and Night City releases and hopefully more worlds after that. PvP is not sustainable as long term income for NF as Patrice so eloquently put it a few days ago. Not in its current state.

Silentknight
03-23-2017, 09:27 PM
Weird bug won't let me edit without deleting...

Was saying matchmaking system might need a full week for an honest evaluation...

And, I might get some flack for this but I'm still of the mind that PvP is intentionally flawed.. imho.. it's proven it favors Prisoner teams, at least advantage wise. Also seems that Void effect is now an issue some teams complain about having to adjust to (not all, but some have and I say that to make this point...) Devs are quick to speak about accommodating those complaints/concerns but won't address the overwhelming majorities concerns in Prisoner discussions. Solutions only seem to strengthen the issue.

It's one thing to be skilled and have good strategy (and cheers to those who are excellent at it) but combining that with superior toons is leaving the playing field unlevel. Take away OP tunes who have no counter other than themselves and the festival of taunts and other annoying strategies and it is no longer fun for those who bank on these advantages.

Love the game and I've enjoyed the challenge of facing Prisoner and Tauntfest teams, but still hard to jump in head first and consistently face these teams for RNG rewards and bragging rights... Will leave that for those who enjoy such things.. looking forward to Sacrifice, BNW and Night City releases and hopefully more worlds after that. PvP is not sustainable as long term income for NF as Patrice so eloquently put it a few days ago. Not in its current state.
Just a guess but I'd say the devs have a plan for The Prisoner,probably indirectly.
With all the bugs the game is changing weekly,trying to keep up is the game within the game! Hopefully/Eventually we will get there!
The 'Freezefest' in beta almost makes the 'tauntfest' bearable. It needs to be adjusted

Lord Schmeb
03-23-2017, 09:33 PM
The only change that I have noticed, at least up to this point, is what other folks have said already. The taunt/stun fest is bugged or incorrect in my opinion. I first started PVP when it was released to the public, and up until this update I think I had maybe half a dozen battles where the other team went first, and I lost the match before I had a chance to even tap the screen. Today alone, I have had that happen twice, along with maybe a dozen other matches where three of four characters were dead before I got a chance to do anything. That is some super frustrating shit right there.

Just happened again.

Soooo much fun.

mjmxiii
03-23-2017, 09:41 PM
Just a guess but I'd say the devs have a plan for The Prisoner,probably indirectly.
With all the bugs the game is changing weekly,trying to keep up is the game within the game! Hopefully/Eventually we will get there!
The 'Freezefest' in beta almost makes the 'tauntfest' bearable. It needs to be adjusted

Yeah bro I hope it can be resolved... I would like to enjoy PvP but that whole taunt/freeze/stun Stupifest is really bad and only getting worse, unfortunately

Jofer16
03-23-2017, 09:46 PM
Yeah bro I hope it can be resolved... I would like to enjoy PvP but that whole taunt/freeze/stun Stupifest is really bad and only getting worse, unfortunately

This is the main reason I swapped to Pharoah from Mummy, at least wanted to give the unfortunate souls without a prisoner/immunity talismans a fighting chance.

You either need talismans and no blue bat on the opposite squad, or a prisoner to disable blue bat, I'm assuming everyone raising concern isn't falling into these 2 categories.

Silentknight
03-23-2017, 09:55 PM

That's why I don't use my SSD. Might start using him & put The Reaper back in. 1 taunter is enuf! Oh & that's another bug. CG stuns alot but does no damage so that's an even trade. Got a few more options now so time to start playing around with em.

Jofer16
03-23-2017, 10:03 PM
That's why I don't use my SSD. Might start using him & put The Reaper back in. 1 taunter is enuf! CG stuns alot but does no damage so that's an even trade. Got a few more options now so time to start playing around with em.

I HAVE to at least use my SSD because I only have a handful of fully sharded toons. I loathe how shards aren't removable, completely erases team experimenting. I think it would at least make sense to have some sort of penalty on removal. A cool down, etc. Even if I only get a half a shard back and have to combine them back together, shards of skill shards so to speak haha There's gotta be a better way. Crossing fingers sacrifice rng on them is forgiving.

mjmxiii
03-23-2017, 10:28 PM
This is the main reason I swapped to Pharoah from Mummy, at least wanted to give the unfortunate souls without a prisoner/immunity talismans a fighting chance.

You either need talismans and no blue bat on the opposite squad, or a prisoner to disable blue bat, I'm assuming everyone raising concern isn't falling into these 2 categories.

It's classic dude, that's the main reason I keep Mummy on my defense lol... just because he MIGHT give someone a taste of their own medicine...

And no knocks on any of you guys at the top, most of you are troopers and have my full support. I would use any available char that gives me an advantage too and I have a bunch of great toons so can't really knock RNG (sometimes I can) for not giving up CG or Prisoner yet but... the difference is really noticeable in arena. We need to have that advantage addressed along with the Stupidfest to coincide with the work being done to matchmaker engine.

As Nicko has reiterated many times, we all just want it to be fair for everyone and it should be. The solution is the real dilemma.

Frost
03-23-2017, 10:38 PM
Got attacked 30 times since update. Same names over and over.

Jofer16
03-23-2017, 10:56 PM
As Nicko has reiterated many times, we all just want it to be fair for everyone and it should be. The solution is the real dilemma.

But that's the problem, it CANT be fair, it's not a single purchase game, like a console. It's a free app that lives and breathes off in app purchases. People that spend money need to be rewarded or the ship would sink. I've played at least a half dozen other big revenue apps and the complaints resonate throughout, the less fortunate always complain about fairness. Only the spenders or the extremely lucky sons of rng get a taste of the top meta. If it wasn't taunt/stun, etc it would be something else. It's the nature of the beast.

Sparton_LOTB
03-23-2017, 11:02 PM
Possesed rockets warior do not have an extra skill lvl as stated in tuning

Hm, not sure what's going on here. I'll look into that.

What's up with the Explosive Talismans? I still have a lot of them from last year and they were the first talis that I had on level 50. The button is gone and they should be on when you make a perfect hit. But I didn't see this so far.
Someone has experience with them?
Btw, I was happy to see that they could become useful. The same goes for the Thorn talismans.

Explosive Talismans got a rework in advance of their re-debut in the Brave New World, since we pulled them from dropping normally for not being highy desirable and found this to be an interesting new function for them to do relative to other augments.

Are there any plans to bring back Guard Talisman? I have only one of the them and could need two more.

Those will also be returning in the Brave New World.

the only downside with this is that many things are still causing trouble and they are well known for a long time.

the pointsysystem in PVP is one of them. it'S so frustrating to win 98% of fights and still cannot go further than 1900 points
with the natural refills. this is known since release of pvp and still no changes, even this should be really easy to fix.
just extend the reduced pointloss from 1700 to 2300 or 2100 points and things will be in order. matchmaking fix won't change anything here.

i'm pretty covinced that people will not spend ironite in longterm if they are frustrated because they lost 300 points over night.
this is too much of a sissyphos work, so many will give up and play for coins only like myself. people will spend more if they enjoy the feature and see progress. atm it's a negative motivation
to spend ironite to compensate for the daily losses- a more positive appproach would be better (spending because of gaining more points, higher ranks and thus more iron coins)

With regards to climbing to the higher divisions (where getting to 2100 matters), we're monitoring the rise in average/minimum VP that is needed to reach the highest divisions (rank 100 and higher and rank 250 and higher). Last week obviously gave us some unnatural data (we promoted way more engagement, so things inflated), but so far peoples points for reaching the minimums for the Warlord divisions has risen each week.

Ultimately, your actual VP amount starts to mean less as you get to the higher divisions, where your VP relative to others (ie your rank) is what matters, and we're trending to the point where that's starting to naturally occur at the VP threshold where Warlord III becomes achievable. If we notice that we're no longer trending towards people around rank 250 reaching the 2100 requirement for Warlord III, we'll make adjustments, but right now it looks like it's trending in that direction for that portion of the leaderboard.

We also expect that many people will just play for the iron coins, and we start to flatten out how much more iron coins you get per battle as you get to the higher divisions (to limit the "rich get richer" effect of people already playing lots of PVP to get to the top divisions), so we feel that motivation should taper off at around the same place as it becomes hard to get to Warlord III.

will not talk about balance, because OPness of prisoner, siege, grim reaper and gunner CR. they are all well known, and the talisman are not working as a longterm solution, even if they are very usefull sometimes.

Yeah, we on the development team have definitely been staying on top of the discussions happening here on the forums (and elsewhere), and we're continuing to work on iterating and adding to the game to help encourage more diversity. We definitely recognize that the Shell/Immunity talismans have helped to some degree, but will probably rotate those out somewhat soon to try something else (we will announce when they'll be available for only 1 more week).

Last update just destroyed PVP for me!!
I was barely at 1600 points before the update with opponents at the same lvl as me and with almost equal teams. Now after 20 refreshes i only get 100lvl opponents with beast teams that kill me in the first round.
I only won 2 matches because i went first and i was able to stun the whole opponent team. Also i am getting the same number of attacks as before plus even more cause everyone revenged the weak guy and offcourse i lost all the matches, so basically PVP is over for me.

Could you message me your username (with the numbers)? I'd like to be able to investigate your account on the leaderboard to see if there's something happening to you that's different from what we're expecting.

Anyways, someone mentioned about taunt after the update ... yes, it is ridiculous now. After few fights in a row where I can hit the AI one or two times per whole battle I just don't want to continue playing another one. This is just not fun at all.
Devs, are you planning to do anything with cc balance? Stop to allow stun/freeze/taunt more than one toon per hit. Simply - stun/freeze/taunt should be possible to apply only to selected target not to whole bloody team!

We don't have anything specifically prepared, but we are continuing to monitor the situation and the communities ability to adapt. Many people have found successful responses to heavy CC in various flavours by employing different character and talisman compositions (thought of trying something like Run to the Hills Eddie (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5069)?), which is indeed one of the main goals of PVP, but we do plan on doing more with both tuning and adding new characters and talismans to give players more options.

We still have the Prisoner in mind... we just want to be very careful to not nerf him into obsolescence, and we're still working on getting tech in place to allow us to move him into a place where we feel he still has an awesome and unique edge while not being as dominant. The pre-BNW release of Shell and Immunity talismans have worked in some ways, but obviously were not a silver bullet.

Just happened again.

[rekt]

Soooo much fun.

What team did you bring in to fight that? It looks like a party healer with Immunity Talismans (Sentinel Allied Soldier, Gunner Undead Soldier) would erase the opponents first turn advantage and let you swing back, and that in conjunction with strong Warriors (Warrior Pyro Soldier, Warrior Golden Son, The Nomad) would make short work of the Mummy Eddie. It'll still be risky if the battle drags on since you don't have an answer for the Troll shields (Sentinel Allied Soldier could help decimate one enemy character if you go first, slightly), but the defense team doesn't look to have that much offensive pressure other than the Gunner Golden Son and the Warrior Troll.

On the subject of the matchmaking changes, it looks like there's maybe still some rough edges that might need more work which a clean week of only the new matchmaking may not solve, but overall the impact looks right for some people at least. Thanks to everyone for posting your experiences (good or ill) to help us confirm if the resulting data is matching what players are experiencing.

Just keep in mind that the matchmaking is still trying to prioritize people around your rank, but it is now also trying to prioritize people who've been attacking more than they've been attacked. That's probably why you're seeing some "new" names repeatedly; the system is trying to self correct those with disproportionate attack:defense ratios. It's one of those things which'll hopefully be much more fair and spread out next week when everyone's starting the week under these new matchmaking parameters.

Browno
03-23-2017, 11:21 PM
Did ssd skill brace get changed? It now gives mr and def boost as well as the heal shield :)

Nicko
03-23-2017, 11:24 PM
Also seems that Void effect is now an issue some teams complain about having to adjust to .

I brought up the Void Shields and face them all the time without a problem.

And that's the issue. I know how to manage them. The AI doesn't. So anything other than a true damage character on your defense can bring down the whole team.

Ian said there are many ways to manage Void shields. On offense I absolutely agree. But on defense the only reliable way I know is to limit my defense to a few characters that do true damage. And that's a shame because some of us have pretty deep rosters.

It's not a huge deal and Kaz has already responded. In the meantime I'll continue to use them as is - they certainly make offense easier...

Sparton_LOTB
03-23-2017, 11:52 PM
Did ssd skill brace get changed? It now gives mr and def boost as well as the heal shield :)

Hm, Brace has done that for as long as I can remember.

mjmxiii
03-24-2017, 12:46 AM
I brought up the Void Shields and face them all the time without a problem.

And that's the issue. I know how to manage them. The AI doesn't. So anything other than a true damage character on your defense can bring down the whole team.

Ian said there are many ways to manage Void shields. On offense I absolutely agree. But on defense the only reliable way I know is to limit my defense to a few characters that do true damage. And that's a shame because some of us have pretty deep rosters.

It's not a huge deal and Kaz has already responded. In the meantime I'll continue to use them as is - they certainly make offense easier...

Totally understand and agree with you on all said brutha, just noticed devs seemed quick to offer a solution to that but seemed to be ignoring (even if they aren't) issues like Prisoner. Not attacking you or anyone by any stretch of the imagination. You're one of my troopers and a strong voice on the forum. When you speak, everyone listens (or *write/reads).

Hopefully devs will not NerF the Prisoner as he is one of the coolest chars in the game. With my luck, he'd drop for me the day after they did. That said it is extremely unbalanced in respect to having and not having this char or a suitable and true counter for him other than himself. I've asked repeatedly that the devs leave him alone and find other ways to counter his passive... (its all in the parentheses) :p

I use Void talismans almost exclusively and can confirm all concerns (and counters) even though any potential reduction in the proc rate or damage reflection could render them useless as has been the case with other talismans. Again, the solution seems to be the real dilemma here. It's impossible to fix one thing and keep everyone happy when that fix ruins something else.

Cheers guys, thought I might take some flack but I'm glad we're all respectful about our opinions. Says a lot about the community.
🤘

Pangolim
03-24-2017, 12:54 AM
Ascencion Talisman bug...Transformed in Warp Talisman :/
-Increaces Special by 25% of MR.

Frost
03-24-2017, 01:05 AM
What team did you bring in to fight that? It looks like a party healer with Immunity Talismans (Sentinel Allied Soldier, Gunner Undead Soldier) would erase the opponents first turn advantage and let you swing back, and that in conjunction with strong Warriors (Warrior Pyro Soldier, Warrior Golden Son, The Nomad) would make short work of the Mummy Eddie. It'll still be risky if the battle drags on since you don't have an answer for the Troll shields (Sentinel Allied Soldier could help decimate one enemy character if you go first, slightly), but the defense team doesn't look to have that much offensive pressure other than the Gunner Golden Son and the Warrior Troll.

Blue Bat/Demon Dog

[rekt]

You failed the time you allowed the talisman effects be denied by Siege, and failed even harder when you put immunity yellow instead of green.

gmac
03-24-2017, 02:05 AM
Guys,

I just played a little tonight.

All Prisoners teams now have immunity talismans, and everything seems to trigger more often.

And the problem sure is about void shields!!! (hahahahahahah)

I'm out, going to play something else this weekend.

Good luck and have fun everybody.

Cheers
Gmac

(troopers, you'll get your badges of course)

Aristo4
03-24-2017, 02:11 AM
Guys,

All Prisoners teams now have immunity talismans, and everything seems to trigger more often.

Cheers
Gmac

Hah....not.

I have to find the power and will not to play this goddamned game one day too ;)

gmac
03-24-2017, 02:13 AM
Hah....not.

I have to find the power and will not to play this goddamned game one day too ;)

I'll play for my troopers, but Arena, that is a serious mess... I'm out.

Tritium
03-24-2017, 02:29 AM
I'll play for my troopers, but Arena, that is a serious mess... I'm out.

Yeah...I hate to say it, but the new talismans, for as awesome and creative as they are, have really given the biggest advantage to Prisoner teams. There's no other way to slice it. Prisoner teams are the only ones who can counter siege─the only thing that can counter the new talismans. Now, even when going first, you can't CC a Prisoner team anymore as nearly every toon will have immunity talis, and the ones that don't will have shell talis so you can't wipe the floor with them on the first turn.

This is a shitty situation overall, as I know for a fact that the devs had our best interest in mind here. They didn't want these new talis to exacerbate the problem with the Prisoner.

Silentknight
03-24-2017, 03:04 AM
Guys,

Cheers
Gmac

(troopers, you'll get your badges of course)

Well I'd be lying if I didn't say that was the best news I've heard all day! Thanks buddy!!! U just saved me a fortune in ironite on Saturday! Thank You,Thank You,Thank You!!!
U know I'm J/K,but seriously,if your ol' lady's got u going to weddings...well your days are numbered anyways!
J/K again...actually no, i'm pretty serious about that one!
I don't know what to say...take a break,play the game for what it is,hopefully things will improve.
Really wish u wouldn't,ur too damn good!

RCarter
03-24-2017, 03:12 AM
I've only been attacked twice since I updated last night. Last one was 19 hours ago.

I might just stop my exercise in only doing the daily 3, and burn through some ironite if this holds through tomorrow...

Apologies in advance...

Lol

Nicko
03-24-2017, 03:22 AM
Totally understand and agree with you on all said brutha, just noticed devs seemed quick to offer a solution to that but seemed to be ignoring (even if they aren't) issues like Prisoner. Not attacking you or anyone by any stretch of the imagination. You're one of my troopers and a strong voice on the forum. When you speak, everyone listens (or *write/reads).

Hopefully devs will not NerF the Prisoner as he is one of the coolest chars in the game. With my luck, he'd drop for me the day after they did. That said it is extremely unbalanced in respect to having and not having this char or a suitable and true counter for him other than himself. I've asked repeatedly that the devs leave him alone and find other ways to counter his passive... (its all in the parentheses) :p

I use Void talismans almost exclusively and can confirm all concerns (and counters) even though any potential reduction in the proc rate or damage reflection could render them useless as has been the case with other talismans. Again, the solution seems to be the real dilemma here. It's impossible to fix one thing and keep everyone happy when that fix ruins something else.

Cheers guys, thought I might take some flack but I'm glad we're all respectful about our opinions. Says a lot about the community.
��

No attack interpreted! Just wanted to clarify as seems like some were saying "many ways to manage Void shields" - but that's not true on defense when an idiot is controlling your team ;)

My interpretation of Kaz's response wasn't "yeah, let's find a solution to this major Void Shield concern and put the Prisoner issue on the back burner ". It was simply "yeah, it's an issue we're already dealing with among others." Big difference.

Honestly - there is no bigger issue in PvP than the Prisoner. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I don't envy the developers on this one. I'm glad they're taking a measured approach.

Lord Schmeb
03-24-2017, 03:48 AM
Wiped out two more times before getting a chance to tap the screen. Again, in the last month I'm fairly confident that I've become better at PVP, upgraded a whole shitload of toons, and worked out some fun/decent strategies -- yet I'm getting my ass kicked worse than ever.

As for "you coulda countered with XYZ character" -- that is rubbish. Take a gander at my roster and then my play logs; I probably experiment with more teams/chars than anyone. Hell, I've got half a dozen skillshards on 2* characters like Sandworms because it seemed solid at the time. The point is, the teams I've been having success with are all of a sudden getting Pooh-Fingered by taunt/stun/freeze. Something ain't stirrin' the Kool-Aide man.

HomemLivre
03-24-2017, 03:55 AM
As I said when I firstly saw the new talisman effects: "this will only make Prisoner teams even stronger".
You dont need to be expert gamer or something like that to notice this...
This new talis looks great in an hypothetical scenario when the Prisoner doesn't exist, lol.

Of course that this new talis fell on the graces of some players, these players (in most) have a prisoner on theyr teams.
In the current prisoner scenario this talis are useless for non prisoner teams and I dont need to say why, everyone already noticed that.

So, this is the last time Im talking about it, if you want to make the PvP great simply change the Prisoner, stop add things trying to soften the situation, this will not work. Everything you try to add will again only benefit prisoner teams.

Change the prisoner, free the pvp.

Cheers.

Liebhild
03-24-2017, 09:01 AM
We don't have anything specifically prepared, but we are continuing to monitor the situation and the communities ability to adapt. Many people have found successful responses to heavy CC in various flavours by employing different character and talisman compositions (thought of trying something like Run to the Hills Eddie (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5069)?), which is indeed one of the main goals of PVP, but we do plan on doing more with both tuning and adding new characters and talismans to give players more options.

It seams, that 2 months ago (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4717-Suspect-Discussion-General-Thread&p=29526&viewfull=1#post29526) the taunt problem was notified as problem, but nothing has changed. And I am pretty sure, that there will never be any changes. Money money money. That is what counts.

Simple solution: if we want changes, we should stop paying for this game...

PsiH86
03-24-2017, 09:31 AM
Hello!
I noticed also that in ability of Corrupt Rescuer - Resuscitate appeared chance (or not chance, but a guarantee) Endure at the revived character (except for Eddie), revived without it earlier.
Appeared several Achievements connected with the Donation of characters, what is it and how to use it? (in a patchnote of this change it is not specified).

P.S.: I ask forgiveness for my English because I from Russia and for writing of messages use an online translator.

Nicko
03-24-2017, 01:45 PM
It seams, that 2 months ago (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4717-Suspect-Discussion-General-Thread&p=29526&viewfull=1#post29526) the taunt problem was notified as problem, but nothing has changed. And I am pretty sure, that there will never be any changes. Money money money. That is what counts.

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4903-Strategies-against-taunting-teams

I'm really surprised this is still getting complaints...

Yes - I have a Prisoner. And seems 50% of the teams I face have one too so Hellhound is useless and my Prisoner is often benched.

There are so many ways to manage this ;)

Kutte
03-24-2017, 01:52 PM
no there aren't really.
if you don't have any of those toons you're fu...out of luck.
Many teams stun/freeze AND taunt. If you're not going first you have already lost in most cases.
I also see more Siege units so those lame talismans don't work either

CC is still a problem

Nicko
03-24-2017, 01:53 PM
But that's the problem, it CANT be fair, it's not a single purchase game, like a console. It's a free app that lives and breathes off in app purchases. People that spend money need to be rewarded or the ship would sink. I've played at least a half dozen other big revenue apps and the complaints resonate throughout, the less fortunate always complain about fairness. Only the spenders or the extremely lucky sons of rng get a taste of the top meta. If it wasn't taunt/stun, etc it would be something else. It's the nature of the beast.

First I'll say I love this post - and agree 110%. I've said this too - there has to be a reason for people to spend - otherwise - why would they?

My "fair" statement was in regards to the number of attacks issue - if two people are attacking 300 times, and one is attacked 60 and the other 450 - it's wrong with the current point system.

But in regards to Prisoner, characters, etc "fair" does not mean "equal". It means balanced - weighing in the great points you brought above.

Nicko
03-24-2017, 01:55 PM
no there aren't really.
Many teams stun/freeze AND taunt. If you're not going first you have already lost in most cases.

CC is still a problem

We'll agree to disagree on this ;)

Patrice-1201
03-24-2017, 02:23 PM
First I'll say I love this post - and agree 110%. I've said this too - there has to be a reason for people to spend - otherwise - why would they?

My "fair" statement was in regards to the number of attacks issue - if two people are attacking 300 times, and one is attacked 60 and the other 450 - it's wrong with the current point system.

But in regards to Prisoner, characters, etc "fair" does not mean "equal". It means balanced - weighing in the great points you brought above.

I fully agree we can't complain that people who have invested vasts amount of time and money to build a team get the results of their investment nerfed to death and we can't expect everybody to have a Prisoner. Personally, I do not have one but facing him isn't an issue.

It becomes an issue whilst being attacked but even then the real issue is that AI doesn't play the characters well enough and take situation into account.

If all characters were the same what would make the difference? The ability to hit accurately? Strategy be it long term or short term is what matters here.

I have also raised a few points in the forums but mainly around what I found to be flawed not about the great work of others.

Kamuz24z
03-24-2017, 03:02 PM
Can you guys imagine a prisoner in every team boring is easy to deal with prisoner with the new talismans no big deal is true it got stronger but not enough to kill you every single time I don't have one but I don't really need him he's OP but not essential to win i don't expect my defense to win 30% but I win 98% agains prisoner, any bat, freeze, taunt fest no problem

Silentknight
03-24-2017, 03:19 PM

Another day & still no sign of the above. Except Coletrain & that was a revenge

Kutte
03-24-2017, 03:49 PM
ok, maybe i've done something wrong and you can tell me what i can do against this:

3 time in a row my whole team was taunted AND frozen every single time the first round. Enemy had a blue bat and i don't have a single toon with immunity over two rounds.
I was never be able to put an end to this. I got taunted/frozen round 2 and 3 and that was it.
There is NOTHING to do against. This is bullshit par excellence

scott-5496
03-24-2017, 03:56 PM
Things are getting a bit heated are they not? I think people need to chill and refrain from calling folk idiots and telling them to STFU etc. That helps no-one surely? Getting to number 1 or top 10 is not just about your teams for PVP it is a lot about spending time playing and spending ironite on refills - those that of this pay to keep the game alive for most of the rest of us who do not chuck as much money at it so really having a go at the top tier folk when clearly there are PVP matchmaking issue and other things that are 'broken' does not help the cause for getting a better game for the majority of players.

Yes I do have a Prisoner but he is no game breaker - he does help for sure, especially on attack but as for defence mine is likely the same or worse than many others so there is clearly a way to defeat Prisoner teams as my hold % has identified. I was lucky to get a free Prisoner too - one of the few times RNG went with me for the better! But I can still lose on attack too and if I loss the coin toss and face a GCR or a maxed GR Eddie it can be curtains very quickly for me.....and my defence gets destroyed a lot too!

Either way lets try to be civil to other players and the devs?

Sag7272
03-24-2017, 04:13 PM
Here is thing one and thing two who have yet spoke again. Congrats Nicko and joffer for being idiots. You guys talk so much about complaing and fairness. When you guys, run the same op team every week. The dev are just as stupid as you guys. Whats the point of pvp if you can't even run your own team? SMH...until you guys give me a real answer to this question, then shut the f*uck up. And stop bragging about you being first every week. "Hey guys i will be taking a break this week", lying ace.

Didn't weight in the conversation yet but count me in if you wish, there's dozen of way to get you out of trouble no matter who you fight, you need good rooster/strategy/tallisman & some luck... Sure adjustments have to be made but hopefully not by ppl short sighted as you..

Before insulting ppl who try to make it fair you should point that finger to yourself, thinking yourself out of trouble is a part of the challenge, it's not farming Game of death, it's fine tuning strategy & building the right toons.. yeah frustration will come but hey man, getting rude won't help you have any simpathy..

And btw..
Void shields, like it or not, are overpowered... Probably not thinking far ahead enough to realize that half toons can't be used in PvP because of them?
Probably those you already sharded & complaint they worthless in PvP...

Nicko
03-24-2017, 04:31 PM
Here is thing one and thing two who have yet spoke again. Congrats Nicko and joffer for being idiots. You guys talk so much about complaing and fairness. When you guys, run the same op team every week. The dev are just as stupid as you guys. Whats the point of pvp if you can't even run your own team? SMH...until you guys give me a real answer to this question, then shut the f*uck up. And stop bragging about you being first every week. "Hey guys i will be taking a break this week", lying ace.

You guys just as well as the dev don't give a damn about balance. Lets just be honest, you guys only care about being first/ third in the ranks every week. Why else would anybody care about people complaining, when they are dominating people from left to right. And Nicko wasn't you just the one complaing about void shields. Smh yes, their is a counter for them and yet you pointed someone to forum for advice on taunt/stun/freeze fest. Smh...how about you take your own got damn advice.

Geez...Kelly is no Angel ;)

Looks like everyone is an idiot. Cool. Next topic...

Frost
03-24-2017, 04:33 PM
Everybody start with 1000 points.

Nicko
03-24-2017, 04:34 PM
Didn't weight in the conversation yet but count me in if you wish, there's dozen of way to get you out of trouble no matter who you fight, you need good rooster/strategy/tallisman & some luck... Sure adjustments have to be made but hopefully not by ppl short sighted as you..

Before insulting ppl who try to make it fair you should point that finger to yourself, thinking yourself out of trouble is a part of the challenge, it's not farming Game of death, it's fine tuning strategy & building the right toons.. yeah frustration will come but hey man, getting rude won't help you have any simpathy..

And btw..
Void shields, like it or not, are overpowered... Probably not thinking far ahead enough to realize that half toons can't be used in PvP because of them?
Probably those you already sharded & complaint they worthless in PvP...

Well said Sag

Sag7272
03-24-2017, 04:39 PM
Well said Sag
... Even edited for political correctness ;)
I gladly join that club :)

Silentknight
03-24-2017, 04:40 PM
Well said Sag

LMAO!!! ToTameAGame revisited! Big difference between complaining & pointing out problems to the devs

Sag7272
03-24-2017, 04:44 PM
LMAO!!! ToTameAGame revisited! Big difference between complaining & pointing out problems to the devs
Loll.. almost forgot about that guy, wonder if he's gone playing Pokemons ;)

Silentknight
03-24-2017, 04:45 PM
Loll.. almost forgot about that guy, wonder if he's gone playing Pokemons ;)

Did say farewell

Sag7272
03-24-2017, 04:48 PM
Did say farewell
In a magistral way, I can imagine... I'll restraint myself there, he's gone subject closed ;)

Nicko
03-24-2017, 04:51 PM
ok, maybe i've done something wrong and you can tell me what i can do against this:

3 time in a row my whole team was taunted AND frozen every single time the first round. Enemy had a blue bat and i don't have a single toon with immunity over two rounds.
I was never be able to put an end to this. I got taunted/frozen round 2 and 3 and that was it.
There is NOTHING to do against. This is bullshit par excellence

That's awful luck. What if three times in a row GRE sliced up a toon, retriggered, and sliced up another. AoF and Assassin GS finish a third. That's three toons gone. Sucks...unlikely...but possible

Bad luck happens. It can be minimized but not eliminated. Statistically what happened is an anomaly - but I can't disagree it sucks. In your case I would:

1) Stock my attack team with Red. A fully sharded AoF is pretty beastly on taunters

2) Void Shields

3) Be selective about who I attack

4) Buy souls in the PvP shop each week and likely even some from the store to get the character I need

5) Bring green Buzz, Mummy, or Green soldier to cleanse if you have them. If not see 4 above

What's your win percentage overall? Tough to look at three battles - tiny, tiny sample.

I'm not saying "this is easy". It's not my intent to be dismissive and sorry if I came off that way. And if your win rate is utterly crappy because of the above then maybe I'm wrong. But most seem to be between 80-95% - including many Prisoner teams. If you're there you may be focused more on the individual losses than the big picture.

Good luck!

Enti
03-24-2017, 05:08 PM

You guys just as well as the dev don't give a damn about balance. Lets just be honest, you guys only care about being first/ third in the ranks every week. Why else would anybody care about people complaining, when they are dominating people from left to right. And Nicko wasn't you just the one complaing about void shields. Smh yes, their is a counter for them and yet you pointed someone to forum for advice on taunt/stun/freeze fest. Smh...how about you take your own got damn advice.

If you had a prisoner you wouldn't be crying this much. I'm pretty sure about this.

Please, for the sake of the community (and yourself, too), either give constructive criticism or stay away from the forum

Silentknight
03-24-2017, 05:12 PM
#1. You mention talisman... which can only be trigger on perfect attacks. Correct, so if my team is being taunted and I have a invisib set on my golden son. What's good is it, if auto doesn't land on perfect attack.
So my talisman set up isnt the problem, it's to stupid ai that doesn't land on perfect attack almost 98% of the time. Which makes my team useless.
Immunity talismans work great...no perfect hit required

Nicko
03-24-2017, 05:12 PM
I don't think I'm rude at all. More so smart and clever to see past someone bs.

Need perfect attack in order for talisman to trigger.

#1. You mention talisman... which can only be trigger on perfect attacks. Correct, so if my team is being taunted and I have a invisib set on my golden son. What's good is it, if auto doesn't land on perfect attack.
So my talisman set up isnt the problem, it's to stupid ai that doesn't land on perfect attack almost 98% of the time. Which makes my team useless.

Drop rate is terrible

#2. You say I don't have a good team set up or I need a good roster. Lol I immediately laugh at this one. Well, I would if the drop rate wasn't so damn poor. Guess that throws number 2 out the question

#3. Is my question to you since you decided to involve your useless input. Into my conversation or post made to address someone else.
What is the point of PvP like I said a million times. If I can't control my team. Going second that is, since I can never get to go first.
Anyways my Def of pvp is ability for teams to fight against each other to see who is number one. Right, so if my team is being slaughtered and control by ai the first round. What's the point of anyone like myself playing pvp , if the ai is really playing my team.

I'll wait.......

Sags input is always useless. C'mon Sag - get a clue!:p

Sag7272
03-24-2017, 05:16 PM
I don't think I'm rude at all. More so smart and clever to see past someone bs.

Of course treating ppl of idiot without ANY constructive point is real cleaver, I'm in admiration..

Nicko
03-24-2017, 05:18 PM
Of course treating ppl of idiot without ANY constructive point is real cleaver, I'm in admiration..

Thinking the mods may can this guy real soon...

Sag7272
03-24-2017, 05:18 PM
Sags input is always useless. C'mon Sag - get a clue!:p
I know, can't help myself... Afterall I'm in the idiot club :)

Sparton_LOTB
03-24-2017, 05:40 PM
Blue Bat/Demon Dog

[rekt]

You failed the time you allowed the talisman effects be denied by Siege, and failed even harder when you put immunity yellow instead of green.

He wasn't fighting a team with Siege, so that point is moot for that scenario.

You're not going to make it far in PVP with a single team of 4 characters.

I'm not sure why you think that a natural 3 star being a valuable character is making us bank...

I noticed also that in ability of Corrupt Rescuer - Resuscitate appeared chance (or not chance, but a guarantee) Endure at the revived character (except for Eddie), revived without it earlier.

Oh, I think that's a bug fix I missed noting in the patch notes. Giving Endure to all allies (including the revived one) is what we originally wanted with that skill.

Appeared several Achievements connected with the Donation of characters, what is it and how to use it? (in a patchnote of this change it is not specified).

There is a new feature coming out in the update that'll be available within the next few hours that those are for.

Anyways, Sacrifice update is live now-ish. Gonna bail outta this thread and set up the others.

Also, keep things civil and do not quite completely incendiary comments. I'm not going to be so lenient in the future, and I will loop CS in to deal with people if they're only attacking others and not contributing to the discussion.

Kutte
03-24-2017, 05:48 PM
What's your win percentage overall? Tough to look at three battles - tiny, tiny sample.
jupp, thats right ofc. My Rate is 88%, got Rank 80 last week. Lost some because of toying around with new teams or playing with toons without talismans :)
And yes, that was very bad luck but it shows that the whole system is too much depending on pure luck.

I'm not complaining because of loosing games.
I have both, Mummy and SSD. It's IMHO the most boring Setup in PvP. So is fighting against them. When i look at my Attack List: 96% Mummy, 3% Grim. Some new names since update from time to time, but the same teams all over the place.

Don't get me wrong. I'm strictly against nerfs on toons or talismans in general. I'm fine with one-hit-wonders or prisoners (no, i don't have one). But the CC-Mechanics are IMHO not balanced very well.

Askora
03-24-2017, 06:55 PM
So far, I've seen a few new names on my list. On defense, it still seems that I benefit from not showing up on anyone else's list. Maybe it's because most all the teams I'm facing are Lvl 100 and I'm only Lvl 95. Other than that, I've had more crashes in pvp, two in game (one prisoner related) that cost me the match as well as two that crashed before the battle started. Now, in spite of only buying one talisman in the pvp store this week they're all locked out until tomorrow which stinks. Tried force closing, rebooting, loading on a different device and can't get them. If we could get an update that would let me use all of my mummies in pvp maybe I would have something to help my defense.

Jofer16
03-24-2017, 07:17 PM
Geez...Kelly is no Angel ;)

Looks like everyone is an idiot. Cool. Next topic...

Apparently he isn't an angel lol I couldn't even find this post, hopefully the garbage was deleted. And what is it with people bashing me who can't even get the facts straight, pretty sure I've switched up my offense and defense to some degree every single week. So many false assumptions and generalizing. I'd get better information discussing this game with my pitbulls. Oh well glad some of you guys get where I'm coming from, and understand the inherent pitfalls of a free app.

And yeah, decided to play again this week, sick of all the damn self entitlement! You want something, tighten up your boots and go get it.

Silentknight
03-24-2017, 07:20 PM
Apparently he isn't an angel lol I couldn't even find this post, hopefully the garbage was deleted. And what is it with people bashing me who can't even get the facts straight, pretty sure I've switched up my offense and defense to some degree every single week. So many false assumptions and generalizing. I'd get better information discussing this game with my pitbulls. Oh well glad some of you guys get where I'm coming from, and understand the inherent pitfalls of a free app.

And yeah, decided to play again this week, sick of all the damn self entitlement! You want something, tighten up your boots and go get it.

Haters...some people just wanna see the world burn,lmao!

Jofer16
03-24-2017, 07:40 PM
Haters...some people just wanna see the world burn,lmao!

indeed. fine with me, the Beast feeds off tears, only oiling up the gears of the machine!

Bradata
03-24-2017, 09:01 PM
Oh, boy! A lot of heat on the forums :rolleyes:
So, when my defense was 13% last week I should've called the top guys in PVP idiots too... wait... I am one of the top 25 guys! So I am an idiot... :confused:

mjmxiii
03-24-2017, 10:18 PM
Also, keep things civil and do not quite completely incendiary comments. I'm not going to be so lenient in the future, and I will loop CS in to deal with people if they're only attacking others and not contributing to the discussion.

I was reading this morning what became a somewhat heated thread overnight and I was a bit disappointed to see it break down like it did.

While it is great to see people are so passionate about the game, it's ability to make adults childish is regretful.

My intention was not to attack anyone or to incite attacks by others. Was only trying to address ongoing unanswered issues as opposed to finding new issues to focus on.

It's unfortunate to see people jump at the chance to insult others. That's not what I feel this community is about and really hope folks can remain civil with regards to suggestions about a mobile video game.

Have fun but not at the expense of others. Internet squabbles are pointless. There are better, more constructive things that can be done and said while maintaining respect for everyone within the community.

Cheers!

PhylJaymes
03-25-2017, 12:33 PM
Not one to bitch too much, and these are generally cosmetic issues, so..

during quest battles...the objectives on the pause screen were removed, i for one like to know where i am at mid-battle, and the banner at the beginning of each round telling you which round you were facing, except boss level was also removed.

As i stated, just cosmetic

P

Liebhild
03-25-2017, 01:56 PM
I'm not sure why you think that a natural 3 star being a valuable character is making us bank...

I don't know, if you read what lots of player here write. If you are missing the right toons, you simply are sitting before your device and watch the game in autoplay mode. All those taunt/stun tipps depend on the right toons or going 1st. Of cause if you have the right toons you don't see the problem.

Lord Schmeb
03-25-2017, 06:28 PM
http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4903-Strategies-against-taunting-teams

I'm really surprised this is still getting complaints...

Yes - I have a Prisoner. And seems 50% of the teams I face have one too so Hellhound is useless and my Prisoner is often benched.

There are so many ways to manage this ;)

Devils advocate here, honest...

Yes, there are many ways to counter, but let's be somewhat realistic; there are only a handful of toons out there that are needed to pull off the majority of the "manageable ways," and while many folks have them, some of us long-time players, and n00bs alike, still don't have them. That's ok, because there are common toons that we can all get that'll do the trick, but it takes a lot of time and resources to bring them up to par -- not to mention LOADS of experimentation. The issue that I'm running into (I'm a long-Timer without the "core" of "must have" arena toons) is that yes, I can counter taunt/stun/freeze teams, but I'm SEVERELY limited in the characters I can use. I've heard Spartan talk many times about experimenting, trying to combos, sets, etc., and while I've taken and enjoyed the challenge, the sad fact is if you want to beat the taunt/freeze/stun teams, you're pretty much stuck playing the same few characters. On the flip side, as we all know, it seems like 9 out of 10 defensive teams are running a Mummy, SSD, CG or more and more often, a combo of both -- sometimes all three. My win% is in the toilet the last two weeks because I refuse to play the safe/boring counter, or to just get the win for the wins sake. To me, it isn't about fairness as much as it's about options. I'm getting bored to tears fighting the exact same defenses over, and over, and over.

no there aren't really.

CC is still a problem

I agree and disagree, sort of. You don't need all the RNG luck toons; it can be accomplished with run of the mill characters. BUT it takes a mountain and a half of resources, skill shards, and time. Is it worth it? Doubtful, honestly. All the resources and SS's used on these PvP anti-taunt teams will be all for naught the instant RNG decides to be kind, and finally gives me/you the toon you've been begging for. It stings all the more to see teams with THREE Ass Gold Son, 2 CG's, Trolls, Prisoners, etc. that, by nothing more than sheer luck, get to enjoy winning, without the time-sink, and the pile of resources that they didn't have to spend on mediocre toons that are now at their disposal to make their already awesome team better.

I know I sound whiny/bitter, and I suppose I am to some extent. I really have enjoyed the challenge of finding ways to beat the big teams, but unfortunately, it's looking more and more like you either get lucky with souls, or you play the same few characters non-stop, with no variety/fun/enjoyment, to maybe win a match -- IF you go first. Sadly, this update has made the taunt-teams more potant than before, so now even my go-to boring team isn't cutting the mustard.

You're so polite it makes me want to wretch.

Silentknight
03-26-2017, 01:10 AM

Same as last week,certain people don't show up til last couple hours. Be interesting to see attack #'s