PDA

View Full Version : So the Beast likes stealing Buffs....

Trystangst
08-02-2016, 02:17 PM
Here I am, Underworld Madness, fighting the Beast.

I've vanquished the denizens of the Underworld and their sucktastic dirty tricks. I've endured the numerous game hangs. I've revived once because the Beast always seems to wipe my team on his transition to Assassin mode, regardless of Buffs, team composition, or levels.

I've got him to the point where he's stealing my Buffs every turn.

Soldier Eddie is frantically healing, trying to keep the Dog and my Trooper Magus Allied Soldier afloat (the Dog can't take DoT or effect damage for the soldier).

In an act of almost desperation, I cast Endure on the Dog. He can't die for the two turns it's on, right?

The Beast steals it. I just made him un-killable.

Luckily I manage to heal thru the nonsense, and proceed to flatten him with a Eddie's Tank when it wears off. Of course then the game gave me a broken unit as a reward, but still.

TLDR; Gave Beast Endure, made him un-killable for two turns.

Stormseye
08-02-2016, 02:24 PM
It seems to me that it may be a bug of sorts because every time he steals my buffs I can actually hit him harder than before. So rather than heal the last run I go full offensive and kill him. Sometimes with slivers of health left on my side.

Gonzo
08-02-2016, 02:47 PM
TLDR; Gave Beast Endure, made him un-killable for two turns.

I laughed so hard!!!!!!!!

Because it happened to me too hahahahahahahahahaha.

Congrats, man.

Sorry about the rewards.

Trystangst
08-02-2016, 03:06 PM
Hah. Not particularly worried about the rewards. My team is pretty much set for the moment, and I'm spending my sands and gold trying to optimize them. I knew the odds of getting a really useful unit were pretty small. Nomad, Axis Commander, maybe Pharoah Dog King. Eddies would be nice, but not necessarily pressed into immediate service. Besides, it was a free soul. Now if I had spent money on that legendary pack and gotten it, it'd be a different story :D

Vaseodin
08-02-2016, 03:33 PM
Wow that's a real bummer. Luckily you blew him up right after. Congrats on the win.

Trystangst
08-03-2016, 03:39 PM
A quick PSA:

If you need that last shard for 50% health, using a revive and crushing him still counts.

I was having a heck of a time getting that shard on Underworld Hard, because when he's in Sentinel form, he's got Affinity over my Magus Allied Soldier, as well as that nasty habit of extending those pesky burns.
DoTs can't be absorbed by the Dog, so it was a losing battle even with Eddie healing every round. Took out the Soldier and used a Trooper Axis Commander with similar results. Got him down to about 25% of Assassin health, let him kill off Eddie, then used revive. Come back with all 3 at full health and crush his puny pitchfork carrying butt. Got my shard and unlocked the Secret Level. Worth it.

PSA 2:

If a unit is under 50% health, the Guard Passive will no longer trigger. So watch those DoTs.