PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Single target attacks and Sentinels with blocking passives

Trystangst
08-02-2016, 02:24 PM
So you're barreling along the Underworld, determined to get your soul shards back.

Suddenly you run in to a horde of Angels, one of which is green. (or a Dog of War in Battlefield, or that robed guy in Kingdom of the Sands).

Your first instinct might be to focus your single target attacks on the Sentinel, since it's going to take all the hits anyways, right?

Well, not so fast. Sentinels, by their nature, have lots of HP, DEF, and MR. They're literally built to take hits.

The passive ability makes the units take the damage, not the actual hit.

So if you see a nice squishy unit, or one you have an affinity advantage for, go after it. Hitting the Sentinel directly might deal 1000, but hitting that Assassin or Mage will deal 3000. Since the damage is calculated off of the target, not the Sentinel, it'll take 3000 instead of 1000.

Gonzo
08-02-2016, 02:52 PM
+1

Really good advice for Underworld newbies

Vaseodin
08-02-2016, 03:26 PM
That's great! I never noticed that. I just assumed they took a percentage of the damage. They die pretty quickly either way, though lol.

Stormseye
08-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Great tip! Block passives are one of the main reasons that I try to keep my team dealing damage to all.

Jennie-5128
08-02-2016, 03:56 PM
Yup great tip Trystangst :)