PDA

View Full Version : Fuck Off Arena pointsystem!

Shaolin85london
03-26-2017, 12:38 AM
After the last shit occurred in arena, where my list pop up always same nicknames and obviously I ve been attacked by the same boring people, and after jofer announced to take a week off from arena but he changed his mind just on Friday when I was above everyone running for the eternal, and after has burned more than 1000 ironites for nothing, I want to say:

FUCK OFF ARENA POINTSYSTEM!
devs I swear if you don't change this shit not gonna buy nothing more with my money, so change that illegal stressing system!

The first one who try to freak me out, ll get the same treatment, I'm pissed so don't piss me off more than necessary!

Jofer16
03-26-2017, 12:46 AM
After the last shit occurred in arena, where my list pop up always same nicknames and obviously I ve been attacked by the same boring people, and after jofer announced to take a week off from arena but he changed his mind just on Friday when I was above everyone running for the eternal, and after has burned more than 1000 ironites for nothing, I want to say:

FUCK OFF ARENA POINTSYSTEM!
devs I swear if you don't change this shit not gonna buy nothing more with my money, so change that illegal stressing system!

The first one who try to freak me out, ll get the same treatment, I'm pissed so don't piss me off more than necessary!

that's what happens when you run around posting screenshots of my account. you reap what you sow. bummer you lost out on 3rd in the final minutes..

Shaolin85london
03-26-2017, 12:57 AM
that's what happens when you run around posting screenshots of my account. you reap what you sow. bummer you lost out on 3rd in the final minutes..

Screenshot of your account??? What are you talking about now?

Silentknight
03-26-2017, 01:07 AM

Well played! Blame AngelKelly

Jofer16
03-26-2017, 01:07 AM
Screenshot of your account??? What are you talking about now?

come on man, at least don't play dumb with me. id rather not expose you on here.

Ian
03-26-2017, 01:08 AM
no idea what else is going on here but the Arena points system is shit

Tritium
03-26-2017, 01:11 AM
When I saw your title, I thought you were talking about how buggy the point system currently is after the reset. I beat a guy with ~100 less VP than me and received 14 VP whereas he lost 9, then I fought a guy with ~200 VP less than me and received 18 VP for it. I was like "wtf is going on...". Normally, the higher guy would've given me around 16-ish VP and the lower guy would've given me 12-14 VP. Something is up right now.

Anyway, since that wasn't what you meant by your title, I guess I'll contribute to the original topic. Jofer didn't pop back in the game purposefully to piss you off (at least I doubt he did haha) and the points system hasn't changed for a long time. If these things are pissing you off right now, you may want to take a break from PVP this week and cool off for a bit. At the end of the day, this is only just a game and should be treated as such. Don't let it affect your health by unreasonably stressing you out.

Silentknight
03-26-2017, 01:13 AM
no idea what else is going on here but the Arena points system is shit

Always has been! Even in beta,slight changes but all horrible!

Jofer16
03-26-2017, 01:31 AM
Well played! Blame AngelKelly

Ah yes, now it all makes sense :)

Been trying to sabatoge me for weeks! Glad i cut that cord, have been wondering who was the guilty party for treason amongst my troopers.

Sidney
03-26-2017, 02:09 AM
Screw Arena!!! :D Who wants to call next game on Donkey Kong? I'm off to the basement for the evening...

Jofer16
03-26-2017, 02:12 AM
Screw Arena!!! :D Who wants to call next game on Donkey Kong? I'm off to the basement for the evening...

Dibs! Got me beat, only have Donkey Kong on the mini NES classic.

Sidney
03-26-2017, 02:17 AM
Dibs! Got me beat, only have Donkey Kong on the mini NES classic.

If you're ever in the Atlanta area you are more than welcome to come over... That arcade game has all the old school classics!!! :-) My wife got it for me a couple years ago for my birthday. Best wife ever!!! :D

Silentknight
03-26-2017, 02:17 AM
U don't happen to have a spare bedroom???

Sidney
03-26-2017, 02:19 AM
U don't happen to have a spare bedroom???

LOL... Yup!! Always room for fellow troopers!!!

Silentknight
03-26-2017, 02:20 AM
LOL... Yup!! Always room for fellow troopers!!!

Yeah man,between that & ur music room...NICE!!!

Sidney
03-26-2017, 02:23 AM
Yeah man,between that & ur music room...NICE!!!

I won't lie... some days it's hard to leave the basement... Even when I know I need to get food from time to time... lol

Jofer16
03-26-2017, 02:57 AM
If you're ever in the Atlanta area you are more than welcome to come over... That arcade game has all the old school classics!!! :-) My wife got it for me a couple years ago for my birthday. Best wife ever!!! :D

Would love to visit the ATL! Probably just roll around bumping ATLiens the whole time haha

Sidney
03-26-2017, 03:06 AM
Would love to visit the ATL! Probably just roll around bumping ATLiens the whole time haha

LOL... Fair amount of that here. I'm an implant... moved here back in 2000. Downtown is always an adventure!!

Jofer16
03-26-2017, 03:13 AM
LOL... Fair amount of that here. I'm an implant... moved here back in 2000. Downtown is always an adventure!!

I bet! Dang it, now I'm jamming to Outkast haha "cooler than a polar bears toenails.." :)

Shaolin85london
03-26-2017, 10:50 AM
come on man, at least don't play dumb with me. id rather not expose you on here.

Listen me carefully Mr Boss, first thing if you have proof of what you are accusing me show it or don't create suspect things only to spread the bad tongues around here, plenty of multicolored parrots.

Your speaking mean that you didn't accept my apologies to what it happened before you got in the forum, does mean you tricked no just me, but even people around you, like gmac ecc.

Take your supremacy on the bugged arena and stfh, alright? If u want to see a dumbass well I ll do it for you showing you my worst side only in order to prevent u saying bullshits on me again!

Jofer16
03-26-2017, 03:08 PM
Listen me carefully Mr Boss, first thing if you have proof of what you are accusing me show it or don't create suspect things only to spread the bad tongues around here, plenty of multicolored parrots.

Your speaking mean that you didn't accept my apologies to what it happened before you got in the forum, does mean you tricked no just me, but even people around you, like gmac ecc.

Take your supremacy on the bugged arena and stfh, alright? If u want to see a dumbass well I ll do it for you showing you my worst side only in order to prevent u saying bullshits on me again!

I already confirmed it's validity last night, you can keep denying all you want. And honestly I did accept your apology, I think you just need to relax a little and realize this is a game. I'm not out to get you, just some friendly competition. If you call me out obviously I'm going to respond, nothing personal. And how did I trick gmac? Not even sure what you're accusing me of.

Shaolin85london
03-26-2017, 09:34 PM
I already confirmed it's validity last night, you can keep denying all you want. And honestly I did accept your apology, I think you just need to relax a little and realize this is a game. I'm not out to get you, just some friendly competition. If you call me out obviously I'm going to respond, nothing personal. And how did I trick gmac? Not even sure what you're accusing me of.

It was related my apologies with. Really I don't know where you want to get, I mean I saw your break arena post on Wednesday so I decided to run for the first rank, but warning my troops and friends about my purpose except for, I don't really know how I did shit with your account.

If you want really make it a common sense please tell me how it's happened.

Frost
03-27-2017, 11:41 AM
Losing 1000 points every night because you know you have to sleep :)

I love the system...

Sidney
03-27-2017, 12:28 PM

I love the system...

LOL... I've accepted the fact that I'll never be top tier in Arena since I just don't have that kind of time to spend on a game. I value my family time and SLEEP way to much to put in the kind of effort required to hit that mark. I'm happy just grinding for coins when time permits.

Ian
03-27-2017, 09:22 PM

I love the system...

I'd love to put an ice pick through the skull of whomever came up with that system...

Sag7272
03-28-2017, 12:12 AM
I'd love to put an ice pick through the skull of whomever came up with that system...
... And it used to be even worse, anyone remember in beta when you lost points while holding to lower ranked players :p

Silentknight
03-28-2017, 01:48 AM
... And it used to be even worse, anyone remember in beta when you lost points while holding to lower ranked players :p

Try winning,getting no points,not clearing name from list & getting a loss. Now multiply it by at least 4x. I'm done!!!

Frost
03-28-2017, 02:09 PM
- Remove point loss from defense losing. AI is dumb, don't punish players with bad RNG;
- Remove point gain from defense. Instead reward more SoW or coins;
- Remove week limit from PvP store;
- On week restart, everybody start again with 1000 points.

scott-5496
03-29-2017, 09:17 AM
- Remove point loss from defense losing. AI is dumb, don't punish players with bad RNG;
- Remove point gain from defense. Instead reward more SoW or coins;
- Remove week limit from PvP store;
- On week restart, everybody start again with 1000 points.

The idea of everyone back to 1000 sounds decent (other than those with less than 1000 of course!) Other games I play seem to reset in this way if there are competitions or events on. That then opens the competition up a bit more - but big losses I suppose for the top tiers of guys. Saying that there is no reason not to have this is there?

The defence side of things is tricky due to the AI not being up to scratch - I have decent toons on mine and still can only manage 19% hold (this week - it was 13% last week at the end) - I am sure others are the same. I wonder sometimes if it might even out if the coin toss was fixed so that defence teams always go first and attack team second? Not sure if that is better or not but at least then defence teams can be adjusted to suit the single approach to starting.

I do think attacks vs defence stats are better with the patch so not being attacked as much as I was before it - still more than I am attacking but the difference is not so much as it was. It used to be nearly double the attacks but now is just about the same (well a little bit more but I think it ends up being almost identical now once you catch up after sleep!

I am also seeing different names more than I used to which is good. Even some of the defence teams are different and certainly less taunt and freeze fests at the moment (due to new Talisman I guess).

All in all it seems to me to be better than it was but I have not experienced any major bugs in gameplay like others have with team killing itself - well not yet anyway. Only bug I get from time to time is sacrifice crashing but it didn't crash yesterday or today (so far).

90mphyorker
03-30-2017, 08:59 PM
if the coin toss was fixed

That's what I believe should happen. Get rid off the toss.

You attack you go second. You respond to a revenge attack and you go first. Gives you better way to plan your strategy.

I'd rather them completely get rid off the one team goes first and then the other goes format, I think it's stupid. Too often it leads to no challenge and you just obliterate the team in one round there is no way you can lose. Or win if you go 2nd.

But whatever. This is how the arena is. I'll just have to take the rough with the smooth to get my skill shard each week.