PDA

View Full Version : Week 6 of PvP - Statistics and Discussion

Nicko
03-26-2017, 02:59 PM
Lots of excitement this week!

Sacrifice should mean more characters get skilled up, leading to some new arena combinations - at least on offense. 4 weeks of the new talismans mean teams can have full immunity or shields. And an update that led to changes in the lists...

I know many who reported they felt they were being attacked less after the changes. I was one of them. Last two days however they've creeped back up - expected for Saturday; not as much after reset. I'm also seeing the same names over and over...

Sparton said it will take time to see the effects full so hopefully this week things get shuffled around a bit more.

Bugs have been reported like teams attacking themselves, Eddies switching while farming, and skills like Vikings Loot not working. Hopefully a patch is in the works.

As far as stats, I think this week is a good week to transition to just number of attacks. About half the posters don't want to "show their cards" and post how their defense is doing - I think it's been pretty well established defense percentages in general are hard to get above 30 anymore with the new talismans and a Prisoner can be a great asset on offense. My personal stats were just about identical to last weeks...

So

Attacks: 557

Attacked: 412

Ratio: 74%

Ratio is number of times I was attacked to number of attacks I made. I think it would be interesting to post those - basically - the smaller the number, the better luck you're having with the lists.

My ratio the week of the Spartan 300 was 73% - almost identical. It will be interesting to see in the coming weeks if this update levels things out or whether certain players like Kris and Coletrain continue to benefit from the attack bug. And because there was a thread of frustration about Coletrain benefiting from the bug, I'll reiterate the obvious - these lists are NOT the players fault. They're HELPING get to the bottom of things by posting stats and enabling us to see if updates are equalizing the lists better.

And to them - and all who post - I say "Thanks"

Jofer16
03-26-2017, 03:19 PM
looks like my ratio was 68% for last week. my increased attacks probably drive mine down a bit more I'm guessing.

slauki
03-26-2017, 03:21 PM
ratio 152% :P

lot of my losses came through crashes and some through stupidity. lists look better now, but not entirely sure. sacrifice is great but the poinsystem is still a pain, they want to keep it this way sparton announced. cannot understand it because the defenses will go down every week now.

if they don't change anything we will have defenses of 10% very soon. and how should we recover from that? by refilling endlessly? well, that's not my game, i will play for free as good as i can, and stay out of the competition till things are in order.

BadTaste
03-26-2017, 03:28 PM
This week was a litte less than "normal" when it comes to received attacks, 357 to be exact. The first weeks of PVP I received about 400 attacks each week, while Spartan 300 week peaked to 533 received attacks.
This week I attacked 243 times which gives a ratio of 146%. The ratio of Spartan 300 week was 174%.

Nicko
03-26-2017, 03:28 PM
looks like my ratio was 68% for last week. my increased attacks probably drive mine down a bit more I'm guessing.

Exactly Jofer. Sparton said with the update attacking less should mean less attacks so next weeks ratios will be interesting after the list change has been in effect a full week. Ratios will still likely vary quite a bit but Slauki's is really out there...

PerthEddie
03-26-2017, 03:32 PM
Don't mind "showing my hand". I am nowhere near a top player so won't make any difference. Bear in mind this is only the 2nd week I have participated in PvP and there was no way I was going to play it as much as I did in the Sparton 300 week

Attack: 75% (59/79)
Defence: 17% (4/23)
Ratio: 29%

While attack looks semi decent I will admit I was a bit of a prick towards the end of the week by cherry picking fights against weaker players (apologies for that). Decided to play for coins only and got zero interest in ranking so if I think I have a great chance of getting the coins then sorry but I will attack them. Started off the same this week as well. Defence was a joke and will probably be even worse come next weekend. Been attacked 10 times today and only held 1 so I fully expect that figure to get worse. I don't have many fully maxed toons so I am limited as to what I can use in defence. It isn't working though.

Best of luck to everyone this week.

Silentknight
03-26-2017, 03:32 PM
Silentknight
Attacked-388
Was Attacked-323
83%
Fought Kris yesterday,don't remember if I attacked him or if it was a revenge. Others showed up in last hour again. But Go8osMetal & Coletrain are on my list today!

CanyptianFit
03-26-2017, 04:19 PM
Attacked 327
Defense 321
No prisoner
Final rank 19

Seeing some very good new defenses out there with different toons. Overall attacks were down from the Sparton 300.

Think I finally got the working strategy against tauntfest. Again, don't have a prisoner, don't have PDK, don't have perfect passive, so it's taken a while to find a consistent solution, and think I'm there.

Thanks again Nicko for keeping these going.
Good to ensure there is no funny business going on and things are as equal as possible.

Again this is a freemium game. So people that put lots of money will have an advantage and those that play consistently will also get an advantage. I've always invested in shards over souls.

PVP is optional and not for the faint of heart. I definitely don't like attacking my troopers and on Saturday when I'm clearing my lists early, sorry about that. Towards the end of the day Saturday, I will not attack a trooper that is close to a reward level and will target non-troopers that can help my troopers to make up for that. I never cherry pick and always clear my lists for the bonus 2.

Cheers and up the irons!

Net positive in ironite by over 100 throughout the week.

Ringe666-7406
03-26-2017, 04:20 PM
Hi guys,

Great fights occurred this week, but it still bugs me that I get 14pts for win over player with 100pts less than me, or 13 for only 150 under, but 18-19 for wins over guys with 300-350 more. It's enough that loses are already huge on defense, which is dropping at a Speed of Light.

Anyway, my stats with non-Prisoner team for the week behind are:
Rank - #12, 2905 points
Attack - 370/392, 94% (one crash only, yesterday on revenging hold against DickinsonMan, rest were consecutive second turns against AoP teams, and some level 80 teams with gunner CR where I just couldn't add AoP, but I'd probably lose even with him)
Defense - 54/335, 16% (lousy 30 holds until yesterday, than somehow 24 yesterday, most of them over some top-ranked players)

Up the irons and see y'all in the ring. \m/

surfingwithdje
03-26-2017, 04:21 PM
Very interesting to share our stats here!

There are mine for the last week:
Atk wins: 96% (343/356)
Def wins: 21% (74/352)

The positive thing is that my defense grow up from 13% to 21% (same defense than last week but with immunity talismants and the last skillshards added for my prisoner)

My ratio atk/def was 1 (355/352), i've been attacked more than last week (in ratio), and don't notice changes since the last update...

Very nice new sacrifice update, The Viking and the green droid i use went to 0 skillshards to full skillshards \m/, i have still 15 SS to use but i don't know were lol
I will maybe save them, waiting to see were they will be usefull for the arena...

I hope the loot bug will be fixed soon, that is a bad nerf for the viking :)

++. see you in the arena!

Ps: for the arena rules, i'd like a Sow refills limit/day or at last for the last day, because i find very unfair that final saturday night rush...
Playing a lot of battles until 1:00 AM (reset time here in France) is not very fun! I stopped playing this week 2 min to midnight :)

Ringe666-7406
03-26-2017, 04:44 PM
Ps: for the arena rules, i'd like a Sow refills limit/day or at last for the last day, because i find very unfair that final saturday night rush...
Playing a lot of battles until 1:00 AM (reset time here in France) is not very fun! I stopped playing this week 2 min to midnight :)

I totally agree with you on this. And now, with daylight saving time, we are back on 2am. I hope devs might consider this and set the reset time 1-2-3h back

R1ck
03-26-2017, 04:48 PM
Here are may stats for last week, best rank so far. I made only 2 refills.

About the prisoner, I got him on Tuesday. He is not so much of a problem right now on defense teams because of new talismans, but on attack he makes things much easier.
I had only two loses, 1 vs shaolinlondo because of the update on 22nd came when playing and 1 vs tritium because I forgot to change a toon on my attack team.

Nicko
03-26-2017, 04:56 PM
Here are may stats for last week, best rank so far. I made only 2 refills.

About the prisoner, I got him on Tuesday. He is not so much of a problem right now on defense teams because of new talismans, but on attack he makes things much easier.
I had only two loses, 1 vs shaolinlondo because of the update on 22nd came when playing and 1 vs tritium because I forgot to change a toon on my attack team.

Seems to be the way it's rolling - Blue Bat on defense can be tougher than Prisoner for many people. But on offense Prisoner lightens the load quite a bit.

Makes me respect guys like Fallen Angel - and yesterday Carlos - for working their way to the top Gimpless.

And congrats on the great record!

Kris-0707
03-26-2017, 04:57 PM

Ratio 27% so looks like matchmaking now is well fixed /sarcasm off

Didn't spend any ironite for SoW as all my ironite gone for nautical souls and as expected got f**k all from them :)
I found PvP not fun, especially now when my favourite Viking Eddie is bugged, so this week as usual will use just free SoW and will play without any pressure at all.

Fought Kris yesterday,don't remember if I attacked him or if it was a revenge.

The game froze when tried to fight with you, had to reset the game, lost the fight and last SoW, didn't bother to try again later.

Silentknight
03-26-2017, 05:05 PM
The game froze when tried to fight with you, had to reset the game, lost the fight and last SoW, didn't bother to try again later.

Saw the hold but I don't revenge holds so... Really wanted to cuz we never see each other. Give lists another week,I'm starting to get others that I never saw b4.

Nicko
03-26-2017, 05:06 PM
Thanks Kris - you're kind of a benchmark here so appreciate you continuing to post!

Obviously matchmaking bug continued - I think next week will be a better indicator of whether the intended fixes were effective or not.

And yes - Loot sucks right now:(

R1ck
03-26-2017, 05:06 PM
Seems to be the way it's rolling - Blue Bat on defense can be tougher than Prisoner for many people. But on offense Prisoner lightens the load quite a bit.

Makes me respect guys like Fallen Angel - and yesterday Carlos - for working their way to the top Gimpless.

And congrats on the great record!

Thanks Nicko.

Just to let know I don't play for ranks because of the point system is so screw up, the lists seem still screw up and the most important reason is I don't have the time.

Chaosego888
03-26-2017, 05:20 PM

And congrats on the great record!That Angel of Pain is eventually going to take over the Arena, much harder to deal with than Prisoner. I lost a lot of battles earlier in the week trying to come up with new approaches for those teams. Attacks definitely dropped off after update, still not seeing certain names ever. I got overwhelmed with Sacrifice and after acquring 28 skill shards from that it was a little less motivating to chase down another yesterday. I finally did and made my way up to 18th.

Attacks - 310
Defenses -336

I think numbers will look differently after the reset next week

Ubajoa
03-26-2017, 06:32 PM

My stats this week. I had a hard time near 4000, just received a lot of attcks in the last hour. No prisoner team.

Caretaker
03-26-2017, 06:39 PM
Congrats to all!

I got a bit less attacks then usual on both sides, during the week, can't say the same for saturday :) few experiments + new talis got my att rate under 90, noob. Def holded decently, but anything below 30 keeps you sinking

While I wellcome the matchmaking changes and looking forward to see how this week turns out for all, I still don't like keeping it a mistery. Well it is what it is. Aquired souls gave me nothing of use, but that's for another thread, so there won't be changes in my team, ags all the way!

P.S. I think 'loot' now works acordingly, single target, single benef, single 15% heal. And I'd still like to have the viking.

The Educated fool
03-26-2017, 06:49 PM
My stats for the week:

Attacked: 356
Was Attacked: 364

Tritium
03-26-2017, 07:13 PM
No Prisoner here.

Attacks: 202
Was Attacked: 289
Ratio: 143% :rolleyes:

I did notice that I seemed to get attacked more when I would go on attack runs myself, but I'm not sure if there was any causation there because I was getting attacked pretty often in general. Then again, in times where I wasn't active in the arena, I sometimes wouldn't get hit at all (or maybe less than 5 times total).

Regardless, I'm glad the devs are tweaking with PVP matchmaking. Hopefully they will make it a lot better in the coming weeks as they learn from each consecutive week's statistics.

gmac
03-26-2017, 07:29 PM
Hi Guys,

Attacked: 300
Got Attacked: 332

Felt like when I played a little yesterday I also started receiving more attacks. And also less attacks overall after the update.

Carlos, congratulations, that last minute push for 3rd was incredible.

Cheers
Gmac

Ian
03-26-2017, 09:06 PM
Interestingly I was attacked 20% more this week than during the Arena event... Even during the event I only managed 149 attacks made due to circumstances out of my control.

I don't have a Prisoner. My stats:

Attack: 134/142 (94%)
Defence: 68/262 (26%)
Rank 275, 1932 points.

I guess I need to make my defence look more scary.

I spent 3 SoW refills just to keep my ranking above 1900 on Saturday. I worked out that if I hadn't done so, I would have lost 2 ranks at least and been down around 1500 which is exactly where I started the week. So it's not pay to win, it is now pay to stay afloat!

RCarter
03-26-2017, 09:08 PM
Attacks 21/21 That's a perfect, for real 100% ya'll. Suck on that! lol
Defends 100/227 44%

More than 10 times more defends than attacks. And I was attacked only 35 times after the midweek update last week.

Funniest (or lamest depending on how you look at it) thing is I wound up in the same tier this past week with only 21 attacks, as the week before with 323 attacks.

Shaolin85london
03-26-2017, 09:27 PM
Attack 614
Defense 399

Prisoner

compurocker
03-26-2017, 11:23 PM
I didn't play much Arena last week, and this week it seems it's not letting me. Here are my stats.

tex-0775
03-27-2017, 12:34 AM
I believe my ratio is 211%, and that's hmmm... :-) Decent numbers i guess, but i can't compete with the number of attacks. It also pisses me of that i only can get revenge on 20 attackers, the limit of 2 against one player is ok, as long as i don't turn up on that someones attacklist more than a couple of times \m/

tex (now with a prisoner in the mix)

Nicko
03-27-2017, 01:28 AM
tex (now with a prisoner in the mix)

Congrats. That's gonna be a real difference maker for your offense ;)

Silentknight
03-27-2017, 01:36 AM
Definitely something wrong with points! Saw a couple other posts but can't find em now. Anyways,after winning match sometimes u c the points go up & then down. Usually the result of a revenge loss...not the case. 2 matches now I've noticed this yet nothing new in revenges! Keep an eye out!

Chaosego888
03-27-2017, 03:32 AM
Definitely something wrong with points! Saw a couple other posts but can't find em now. Anyways,after winning match sometimes u c the points go up & then down. Usually the result of a revenge loss...not the case. 2 matches now I've noticed this yet nothing new in revenges! Keep an eye out!I noticed yesterday that I won the final 48 matches in the final hour and a half and only went from 2555 to 2774.

Silentknight
03-27-2017, 03:43 AM
I noticed yesterday that I won the final 48 matches in the final hour and a half and only went from 2555 to 2774.

Actually noticed it a few times yesterday but didn't pay attention til today. Also had more attacks today than usual,had to burn 3 lists just to get to 12th. Not sure if screwy points had something to do with it or not

Patrice-1201
03-27-2017, 06:55 AM

Here are mine for last week, as I said I did not really go for it last week and by the looks of it will not try very hard this week either as I loose too many points being attacked too often...

Still no Prisoner...

tex-0775
03-27-2017, 08:07 AM
Congrats. That's gonna be a real difference maker for your offense ;)

Thanks, i do have other possibilities now, so the fix for attack/def ratio will be more than welcome ;)

mjmxiii
03-27-2017, 08:18 AM

Still saw more attacks overall last week. Things seem a bit more balanced so far and I have not seen the weird PvP bugs some have mentioned. Also seeing a bunch of different names mixed in with a few of the usual suspects on my lists. Sacrifice gave me a bunch of SoW but that marathon a couple weeks ago really tapped me out for PvP. Building up iron coins for the weekly shards and monthly Legendary is gonna be enough for a while... at least until the Sparton 300 rears its ugly head :p

Lord Schmeb
03-27-2017, 09:32 AM
Let me tell you what… I'm not spending another gosh damn trooper point on anything but red rare souls. Not one fucking point. I will not rest until I get a gosh damn fucking troll. I'm so sick and fucking tired of losing to the same gosh damn fucking teams over, and over, and over! A fully sharded cyborg with shells and immunity talisman can't piss a drop against these jack ass Troll, RNG lucky, bullshit, get some originality, asshole teams!

SIX LOSSES IN A ROW TO A TEAM THAT IS GARBAGE! AAAARRRGH!

Phew. That felt good to get off my chest.

But seriously, I hate you bastards.

Askora
03-27-2017, 09:55 AM
Attacks last week 327, Attacked 109, only a ratio of 33%. Did see that apparently shortly before the reset that my name did show up on some lists as I got a number of attacks in the last few hours before reset. Since I mostly cherry-picked my fights on Saturday to get the iron coins I needed, I'm pretty sure they weren't revenge attacks. Currently sitting a bit lower in the rankings and it's all good, I'm enjoying the break from the stronger defenses. A couple new toons in my line up, but nothing worthwhile on defense. Not playing as hard this week as I need ironite to try and build my talismans since runes seem to be impossible to find in game.

zdm-1083
03-27-2017, 11:17 AM
Hi all,

I played trying to clean all lists I got to get 2 bonus SoW.
I invested 3 or 4 refills I think.

I'm progressing on attack, but my defense stays at sh*t level.
And frankly I don't know which way I could try to improve it ^^'
(Other than getting the right toons ofc :P )

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/857063Screenshot20170326214240.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=857063Screenshot20170326214240.jpg)

That's a 40% ratio...

As I see since the last update I'm attacked by people I don't attack earlier or that were not part of my attack list. (Nicko, FallenAngel,...)
So I think hard time will be on me. :D
But it is a good thing if everyone could play under same rules.

We will see end of this week.

HF \../

DaveMurray
03-27-2017, 11:38 AM

After the update the lists that i am getting have teams way better than mine so i am having a rough time defeating them. Before the update things were more equal.
In the last 4 hours before the reset i got attacked 26(!) times and from 1800+ points i end up again in my usual place..
I didn't go first, not even once, in the last 2 days.

Bradata
03-27-2017, 02:57 PM
Attacks 349
Defense 401
Thanks to the Viking I head a good defense up until the last update, then everything went down the drain again :eek::eek:

Enti
03-27-2017, 03:22 PM
Attacks 276
Defense 296
Ratio: 107.25%

I was attacked 165 times before the update, then 131 times afterwards. Nothing really changed for me. My def still sucks compared to other Prisoner teams and I'm more and more curious why...

Rodrigo-3281
03-27-2017, 06:50 PM
Attack: 82% (125/153)
Defense: 28% (78/274)
Ratio: 179% ratio

Non-Prisoner team

This is still the usual ratio I've faced.

HomemLivre
03-27-2017, 07:01 PM
I am not able to believe when the week ended and I had been for the first time (since the beta) attacked less than 420 times. It's really impressive.
But anyway my ratio was high: 153%

Last week numbers:
Attacks: 215
Got attacked: 329

Sag7272
03-27-2017, 08:46 PM
Last week was good for an awesome 179%...
Att-167
Def-299

iPoop
03-27-2017, 11:47 PM
Attacked: 80
Defense: 199
Ratio: 249%

Killhouse
03-27-2017, 11:56 PM
132 % here

Zapathusara
03-28-2017, 03:11 AM
For me, there is already a big difference between last week and this current.

Kris-0707
03-28-2017, 08:50 PM
I have to say that matchmaking is well fixed. Well done devs, at last you've done something. I can feel now as most of you before :) My current ratio is 117% and I've got the feeling that I'm constantly attacked.
What is clearly noticeable, discrepancy between battles won by myself and lost fights by AI shows how stupid the AI is, having no clue how to play my team (I'm not using any new talismans). As someone pointed out in the other topic we shouldn't lose our points by dumb AI, I completely agree with that. Anyway I'm stuck to the plan to not spend any ironite for SoW because this makes no sense, rewards are not profitable, quite frankly more ironite we have to spend than we will get at the end of the week as a reward. Loot from the souls is so bad at the moment that for me the race to the top to get few of them is just ridiculously pathetic. Good luck to everyone who have ambitions to be at top rank, but don't forget that this is just the game, have a distance to it and don't spend too much money. I could drown few quid every week to pay dev's salary, but prefer to invest that money in the shop behind the corner and buy few bottles of my favourite Trooper beer instead :)

Coletrain
03-30-2017, 01:45 AM
For the record, I am also being attacked a ton this week, so it seems that the unfair advantage is fixed. I'll post stats in the Week 7 thread to confirm.

Shifter
03-30-2017, 02:34 AM
Attacked 142
Defense 272
Rate 191%. Pretty close to that for this week so far.
About 100 less than normal 180 less than worst week.

90mphyorker
03-30-2017, 03:25 AM
I seem to be having this bug this week. All other weeks my Attack and Defence were similar. Last week 197 attacks to 201 times being attacked.

This week I've attacked 158 times but only been attacked 60.

Shame I'm not good enough to make a high enough jump to Warlord I to earn a skill shard. Tried it and got to 2050ish and then I never went first. My character selection isn't large enough yet and I'm too reliant on going first. But against Prisoner teams, which were most of them,it took my on average 3 attempts to get the first turn and because of the defeats I plummeted down to where I belong.

Skynyrdoo7
03-30-2017, 08:02 PM
Interesting. I will see if my being attacked changes this coming week

Lord Schmeb
04-03-2017, 02:56 AM
About 20 Red Souls down... No Troll yet.

Got that stupid bat, so that's a plus, I guess...? Gotta feed the sacrifice gods something I suppose.