PDA

View Full Version : Shell and Immunity Talismans - which to buy?

druid138
03-30-2017, 09:50 PM
I'm hoping to get some advice on this . . .

I don't spend much time in the arena - maybe 8-12 battles a day, for coins and easy ironite at the reset. At some point, I may get more aggressive but not sure.

Anyway, I have about 1400 coins, and I'm thinking of taking advantage of the new talismans. I already have a set of two Immunity Bulwark.

I'm considering adding one or two more sets before they go away. The problem is that I don't have a strategy for which characters would use what. And, with the upcoming tuning adjustments plus new characters coming my way via Sacrifice, I don't feel ready to commit to a specific Arena strategy, period.

So, I'm trying to determine which talismans to buy in order to provide the most usefulness / flexibility down the road. Any thoughts on that?

By the way, I have a Hellhound. Thanks in advance!

druid138-6195

Jofer16
03-30-2017, 10:05 PM
I'm hoping to get some advice on this . . .

I don't spend much time in the arena - maybe 8-12 battles a day, for coins and easy ironite at the reset. At some point, I may get more aggressive but not sure.

Anyway, I have about 1400 coins, and I'm thinking of taking advantage of the new talismans. I already have a set of two Immunity Bulwark.

I'm considering adding one or two more sets before they go away. The problem is that I don't have a strategy for which characters would use what. And, with the upcoming tuning adjustments plus new characters coming my way via Sacrifice, I don't feel ready to commit to a specific Arena strategy, period.

So, I'm trying to determine which talismans to buy in order to provide the most usefulness / flexibility down the road. Any thoughts on that?

By the way, I have a Hellhound. Thanks in advance!

druid138-6195

Has there been any word on what the next talismans will be? If it hasn't been released I'd get 2 more just in case immunity is done for awhile. Always be a chance they won't be as valuable with a future meta change but I'd still do it just so you can give a non hellhound team full immunity if you ever want to.

mjmxiii
03-30-2017, 10:35 PM
Just a shot in the dark (Ozzy) but I'm getting the feeling that BNW might be closer than any of us realize and that an update in the near future will be removing the talismans from the arena store because they will be available through the grind. Just a theory out of left field so don't quote me on that...

I bought a set of each (will, bulwark immunity and 2x mystical shell) and put them on my shiny new AoS... Work well in PVE but haven't really tried the char in PvP yet. I picked some up just in case my theory is shite... yeah it really depends on which char you have in mind.

druid138
03-30-2017, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the thoughts, guys. Yeah, it would be nice to have a plan for which characters I'll be using. But, too many unknowns with the game for me to want to commit now.

I'm glad Mysticals came up. I know they get talked down here a lot, but I've always liked them. They seem like a good compromise option, using two Mysticals as opposed to three Ward or Overwhelming. Generally, I use the right mix of non-greens to get my DEF and MR in the relationship I want and then use Mysticals to boost both. Especially when the character I'm working with is low on survivability to begin with. But, I've always wondered if I'm missing something.

Mysticals are also nice because they are useful to every character, regardless of damage type.

druid138-6195

mjmxiii
03-30-2017, 11:00 PM
I'm a big fan of the mysticals, most of my favorite chars have them... don't know how much difference it makes but I would like to think defense stats matter lol...

Jofer16
03-30-2017, 11:04 PM
I'm a big fan of the mysticals, most of my favorite chars have them... don't know how much difference it makes but I would like to think defense stats matter lol...

Yeah they are definitely useful, I have a few sets of the new ones and use a maxed out one everyday.

druid138
03-30-2017, 11:06 PM

The typical criticism is that DEF and MR don't help versus True Damage. Fine. But, most enemies (even in the Arena) don't do True Damage. So, I'm willing to take the extra survivability against the remaining characters.

druid138-6195

Silentknight
03-30-2017, 11:15 PM
The typical criticism is that DEF and MR don't help versus True Damage. Fine. But, most enemies (even in the Arena) don't do True Damage. So, I'm willing to take the extra survivability against the remaining characters.

druid138-6195

Really??? SSD,Warrior Troll,Warrior Pyro Soldier & they're everywhere!

mjmxiii
03-30-2017, 11:27 PM
druid138-6195

Yeah there are a bunch of mixed classes on defense, and most true damage chars tend to have low DEF stats and are first to go.

mjmxiii
03-30-2017, 11:31 PM
Really??? SSD,Warrior Troll,Warrior Pyro Soldier & they're everywhere!

Ya know, I only have trouble with SSD out of these specific three.

See a war troll or pyro, bring a death dog or AoP.... gonna be a challenge once the update comes along.

Silentknight
03-30-2017, 11:34 PM
Ya know, I only have trouble with SSD out of these specific three.

See a war troll or pyro, bring a death dog or AoP.... gonna be a challenge once the update comes along.

Ugh,don't have death dog,gotta shard AoP! I'm missing lots!

CanyptianFit
03-30-2017, 11:48 PM
I've actually enjoyed using the immunity talismans on my PVE toons while farming.

In AMOLAD, the boss uses blind at the end, and in GoDeath the dice can blind/stun, so having toons with those talismans has made auto-farming with "non-standard" toons more possible/reliable.

Health hasn't been quite the issue when farming, so I haven't seen the need to use the shell Green ones in PVE.

Both sets are very valuable in PVP.

My 2 cents.

Silentknight
03-30-2017, 11:51 PM
I've actually enjoyed using the immunity talismans on my PVE toons while farming.

In AMOLAD, the boss uses blind at the end, and in GoDeath the dice can blind/stun, so having toons with those talismans has made auto-farming with "non-standard" toons more possible/reliable.

Health hasn't been quite the issue when farming, so I haven't seen the need to use the shell Green ones in PVE.

Both sets are very valuable in PVP.

My 2 cents.

Yep,they did their job!

mjmxiii
03-30-2017, 11:58 PM
Ugh,don't have death dog,gotta shard AoP! I'm missing lots!

Oh bro, I'll switch out my DM to DD for today's trooper grind.. mines maxed and has death talismans... his Charge is brutal. Mix him with a true damage char and its lights out, first round.

Silentknight
03-31-2017, 12:03 AM
Oh bro, I'll switch out my DM to DD for today's trooper grind.. mines maxed and has death talismans... his Charge is brutal. Mix him with a true damage char and its lights out, first round.

Cool,yeah he's even deadly in PvE

scott-5496
03-31-2017, 09:26 AM
I have sets of them all I think and they are used (immunity) in PVE though not in PVE much as I have different toons for that. My grind team has been the same for many months and never loses on any level (excluding Madness Final Stage) - I am sure others are the same but my grind guys are very different to my PVP toons with the Troll being the only exception!! On different LOL levels immunity is good to have so any auto grinding there is done with immunity talisman as you can sometimes one hit a team through to the boss on level X. O don't use the new green talisman much to be honest as need the energy talisman more in PVP but even they are struggling after nerf.