PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye old friend, in memory of The Prisoner.

Jofer16
04-01-2017, 08:41 PM
From the moment I laid eyes upon you, I knew you were my favorite character. You were my 3rd or 4th 5* and my girlfriend thought I was crazy yelling and dancing around when you finally gifted me with the red eyes. I saved and grinded trooper points relentlessly until the day I could finally pull you from a rare G/A soul. Long before the days of arena, I pumped all my skill shards into you, because you deserved it. I was proud to make you the anchor of my runs to the top when arena finally did come about.

Those days will soon be coming to an end my old friend, as you suffer the fate of martyrdom believing their could truly only be one #1. You've now been lowered into mediocrity even in PvE.

So this dedication of 10,000 was the least I could do in your honor. your legacy cemented forever, now you're a free man. Prisoner came up on shuffle with about 200 points to go so I rocked it on repeat loud as hell until the finish line.

Silentknight
04-01-2017, 08:47 PM
From the moment I laid eyes upon you, I knew you were my favorite character. You were my 3rd or 4th 5* and my girlfriend thought I was crazy yelling and dancing around when you finally gifted me with the red eyes. I saved and grinded trooper points relentlessly until the day I could finally pull you from a rare G/A soul. Long before the days of arena, I pumped all my skill shards into you, because you deserved it. I was proud to make you the anchor of my runs to the top when arena finally did come about.

Those days will soon be coming to an end my old friend, as you suffer the fate of martyrdom believing their could truly only be one #1. You've now been lowered into mediocrity even in PvE.

So this dedication of 10,000 was the least I could do in your honor. your legacy cemented forever, now you're a free man. Prisoner came up on shuffle with about 200 points to go so I rocked it on repeat loud as hell until the finish line.

When I do time...I hope he's my cellmate!!!

90mphyorker
04-01-2017, 10:37 PM
Congrats on reaching 10,000. Quite and achievment and must have taken commitment. More than I'm willing to give the arena so I take my hat off to you.

But I'm glad the Prisoner is neing nerfed. Now if they could only nerf the shitty arena scoring system and the shitty toin toss I'd be happier.

zdm-1083
04-01-2017, 11:05 PM
I agree that Prisoner did not deserve a nerf that huge.

GG for 10K, I was a bit surprised seing the figure XD

mjmxiii
04-01-2017, 11:16 PM
Prisoner headed for death row! At least he's going out in style.. I never got a chance to meet him... Might have some time before they read him the last rites... 10k man... wild! Its gotta be some kinda record!

Silentknight
04-01-2017, 11:26 PM
Prisoner headed for death row! At least he's going out in style.. I never got a chance to meet him... Might have some time before they read him the last rites... 10k man... wild! Its gotta be some kinda record!

It's a 1st! Never happened in beta. I'll put Lefty in as champion till the end!

Sag7272
04-01-2017, 11:39 PM
Nice hommage...
For my part I'll let him as champ t'll the nerf hit, been a nice ally to have, he deserves to be my champ a last time before falling into the abyss...

Silentknight
04-01-2017, 11:40 PM
Nice hommage...
For my part I'll let him as champ t'll the nerf hit, been a nice ally to have, he deserves to be my champ a last time before falling into the abyss...

Everyone should...PROTEST!!!

Jofer16
04-01-2017, 11:43 PM
Nice hommage...

Agreed. I swapped him to my champ right after I hit 10k. Let's see how many we can get, a show of solidarity haha

mjmxiii
04-01-2017, 11:47 PM
Damn, really wish I had that SOB... I never wanted him nerfed... sucks!

Sag7272
04-01-2017, 11:48 PM
Everyone should...PROTEST!!!

Agreed. I swapped him to my champ right after I hit 10k. Let's see how many we can get, a show of solidarity haha

At least he'll go away in style!

BTW, Congrats on that 10k Jofer that's some serious dedication :)

Tritium
04-02-2017, 12:20 AM
Nice hommage...

I have 5 Prisoners to choose from troopers today haha. Seems a lot of people are putting him as champ. Too bad I can't do 5 runs of Light Bringer! :p

RCarter
04-02-2017, 01:33 AM
You've now been lowered into mediocrity even in PvE.

So this dedication of 10,000 was the least I could do in your honor. your legacy cemented forever, now you're a free man.

Amen Brother!

He was my second 5*, and I was thrilled when he showed up. I remember slowly backing out of the game making sure he was saved, then being giddy like a school girl when I saw him in the line up when I logged back in.

He ruled the LoL. Undisputedly. The Lords of Light are not the boss of him!

He doesn't deserve this nerf.

He's been my champion forever. That will change soon I'm sure.

Jofer, that's a hell of a tribute you gave our boy. Glad I contributed to it by way of seeing you in my revenge list as much as you showed up this time around...

Keep riding that Lamborghini comrade.

scott-5496
04-02-2017, 10:19 AM
Very sad to see him be lowered form 5 star grace. He was OP and that has helped me - still think the nerf sword was given too mighty a swing but hey ho.....the devs do seem to want to make everything level I suppose. Is it for the betterment of the game though - not so sure but maybe! Now what about that GRE - fully sharded he is the only toon I fear on attack - he can even get me if I go first and the RNG is in his favour. There are not yet any other toons that bother me too much though a fully sharded Cyborg can hurt a lot and Viking but they are not lethal.

So other than GRE (for me anyway) what is the next pariah we focus on?

Sag7272
04-02-2017, 12:02 PM
Very sad to see him be lowered form 5 star grace. He was OP and that has helped me - still think the nerf sword was given too mighty a swing but hey ho.....the devs do seem to want to make everything level I suppose. Is it for the betterment of the game though - not so sure but maybe! Now what about that GRE - fully sharded he is the only toon I fear on attack - he can even get me if I go first and the RNG is in his favour. There are not yet any other toons that bother me too much though a fully sharded Cyborg can hurt a lot and Viking but they are not lethal.
So other than GRE (for me anyway) what is the next pariah we focus on?

Not sure idea of an hommage to a long time friend about to die have to do with searching candidate for death row...

GRE is all right countered the right way, having every toon leveled shouldn't be the way... Already happened too much.. He's fragile as F** & to top that not that brilliant..

Must be 30 shards in "leveled" toons already.. 28 more I'll probably just slam the door, better stack everything in inventory than building anything interesting there's always someone to want their heads & going forward end up setting you back even more each times playing catch up game building shards you used with good intentions or in a goal that eventually gets ruined.. It's worthless unless building Chattering skulls or Ox Cultists are your thing & even then keep it quiet in case someone face hard time against them..

BonFire
04-02-2017, 12:56 PM
He was my first 5* character. Damn shame he's gonna useless.

Next thing you know everyone that triggers an extra turn will only have a 5% chance of it fully sharded and it'll be a coin flip if the Angel of Fear will even activate full team.

surfingwithdje
04-02-2017, 01:07 PM
GRE is not as OP... yes he hits very hard but we have just to fight him with the right team. That's sure he can slaughtered 1 or 2 red characters, or characters builds with low hp... When i meet him I use all green characters with high hp and he is always down in the first or second turn!
Seriously i can't understand why they nerf characters instead of buff other ones or introduce other characters with great skills who can make change our preferences for them...
That's just bad but we will do with that... For the prisoner that great toon will become a crap one (as bad as a fu**ing harpy, even more sad that he is a very rare 5* gunner character)

Sag7272
04-02-2017, 01:21 PM
For the prisoner that great toon will become a crap one (as bad as a fu**ing harpy...

Worse than that harpys will eventually be more used than him as they are set to have a useful passive now..

surfingwithdje
04-02-2017, 01:41 PM
Worse than that harpys will eventually be more used than him as they are set to have a useful passive now..
You are right :) Even even more sad lol

osiris0000
04-02-2017, 05:39 PM

You are right :) Even even more sad lol

Watch out for harpies! Especially the Magus one. She hit pretty hard with her AOE basic attack & puts magic burn with high rate.
And more than that, Freeze Talisman triggers very easy. And best fury generator character (except Warrior Troll) in the game.
She is one of my fav Magus char, it will be interesting to see if she will dominate the Arena :cool:

I also feel sorry for the Prisoner - even i hate to face him at the Arena.

Jofer16
04-03-2017, 10:16 PM
Have fun with our old friend Prisoner this evening in case the nerf hammer crashes down tomorrow. One last feeding to the buzzsaw for our fallen brother!

gmac
04-04-2017, 03:58 PM
Jofer,

10k... what a brilliant job, really amazing, congratulations :)

And what a great tribute you made, made me emotional and I almost felt bad for being so vocal on the nerf...almost.

And I'l never know how it was to play with "the old" prisoner.

Tried really hard on those nautical souls, ShaolinLondo style, but not to be.

Again, great post.

Cheers,
Gmac

Jofer16
04-04-2017, 05:12 PM
Jofer,

10k... what a brilliant job, really amazing, congratulations :)

And what a great tribute you made, made me emotional and I almost felt bad for being so vocal on the nerf...almost.

And I'l never know how it was to play with "the old" prisoner.

Tried really hard on those nautical souls, ShaolinLondo style, but not to be.

Again, great post.

Cheers,
Gmac

Thanks bud! Yeah I think I first talked to you about one day going for 10k :) And I think I teared up too writing the post lol

Shifter
04-04-2017, 09:55 PM
It is sad to see the prisoner get such a neuter job. As I predicted I would finally get one once the nerf news came out. After 8 months of trying I didn't only get one but got two in a row.

congrats Jofer on the 10k.

jknutelski
04-05-2017, 02:24 AM
I think the whole NERF idea is BS!!!!!! REALLY?!?!?!?!?!? I mean the PVP boils down to dumb ass luck in some shape or form - (coin toss, toons you draw - THATS whether or not the random generator simles upon you). TOTAL BS considering that the decent toons are so RARE that most won't even get to PLAY them before they are being NERFED!!!!!! Also, it's just a GAME - maybe one that causes OC behavior and fits of rage - but still just a game.

I'm also VERY cynical - I bet the gimp becomes a higher percentage pull after the nerf!!!!!!

IceManFerrar
05-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but just catching up on some stuff that I missed while I was away.

First of all, well done to Jofer...10K is simply unbelievable...hats off to you, mate.

Secondly, what kind of nerf did the Prisoner get? I saw on the April 11th game update post that The Prisoner still applies "Passive Disable" at the start/1st turn of the battle to all enemies, and then has a 50% chance to disable passives every subsequent turn. I think that is still pretty tough to beat, right, or am I missing something? I tried battling a Prisoner team yesterday and got my butt kicked...still don't know how to face them, sigh!

Enti
05-01-2017, 08:23 PM
Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but just catching up on some stuff that I missed while I was away.

First of all, well done to Jofer...10K is simply unbelievable...hats off to you, mate.

Secondly, what kind of nerf did the Prisoner get? I saw on the April 11th game update post that The Prisoner still applies "Passive Disable" at the start/1st turn of the battle to all enemies, and then has a 50% chance to disable passives every subsequent turn. I think that is still pretty tough to beat, right, or am I missing something? I tried battling a Prisoner team yesterday and got my butt kicked...still don't know how to face them, sigh!

Prisoner's Passive Aggression was changed from pure passive to apply a buff instead. While you were away, there were a couple weeks when a specific set of talismans available in arena store that grants a round of immunity - that avoids receiving Prisoner's buff and allows you to keep your passive. Further on, any ability (except passives) granting immunity behaves the same way.

The talisman is currently unavailable, but will be put back in the game once BNW is released.

Askora
05-01-2017, 10:22 PM
The prisoner also blocks talisman effects. Don't think that was the intention of his nerf. Hopefully they get that fixed soon. I had less issues with him before, because my team doesn't rely on passives. He was just a heavy hitter with a sweet spot for my AGS.

Monte47
05-02-2017, 12:43 AM

Swapping mine now. HIS NAME WAS PRISONER GIMP

Also, Congrats on 10k Jofer!
-Eskiggalu

Jofer16
05-02-2017, 01:55 PM
Swapping mine now. HIS NAME WAS PRISONER GIMP

Also, Congrats on 10k Jofer!
-Eskiggalu

Good man! And thanks :)

IceManFerrar
05-02-2017, 08:34 PM
Prisoner's Passive Aggression was changed from pure passive to apply a buff instead. While you were away, there were a couple weeks when a specific set of talismans available in arena store that grants a round of immunity - that avoids receiving Prisoner's buff and allows you to keep your passive. Further on, any ability (except passives) granting immunity behaves the same way.

The talisman is currently unavailable, but will be put back in the game once BNW is released.

Ah got it, thanks Enti. So if I applied Immunity Talismans to an AoP or HellHound, would that make their passive skills work?

Does that imply that the AoP with the Immunity Talismans (which I don't have sadly) then reduce or negate the effect of the Prisoner's buff?

Likewise, if I have a HH with Immunity Talismans on the same team as the AoP, would the HH's Immunity team passive then apply to the AoP, which in turn would then trigger the AoP's passive?

Quite confused here...

gmac
05-02-2017, 08:45 PM
Quite confused here...

And you will get even more!

First, you are right, HH or AD with immunity would make their passives work and allow immunity to all toons. But that is not working.

Second, if all toons have immunity talismans Prisoner passive will not work too, and that works, but only sometimes!

And third, AoP got nerfed as well, so its passive will only work after first turn. And first turn is not first round, so if you go first on first round, next turn it will affect your team, but if you go second first round, you'll keep your buffs. :eek:

Of course, if a prisoner is there first round, all hell breaks loose and passives don't work at all, so just don't mind.

Welcome back!

Enti
05-02-2017, 08:47 PM
And you will get even more!

First, you are right, HH or AD with immunity would make their passives work and allow immunity to all toons. But that is not working.

Second, if all toons have immunity talismans Prisoner passive will not work too, and that works, but only sometimes!

And third, AoP got nerfed as well, so its passive will only work after first turn. And first turn is not first round, so if you go first on first round, next turn it will affect you team, but if you go second first round, you'll keep your buffs. :eek:

Of course, if a prisoner is there first round, all hell breaks loose and passives don't work at all, so just don't mind.

Welcome back!

Thanks mate, you made me laugh here. I was reading this in a helpful enthusiast way and total mess was the result, exactly what I expected

Silentknight
05-02-2017, 09:12 PM
Thanks mate, you made me laugh here. I was reading this in a helpful enthusiast way and total mess was the result, exactly what I expected

Yeah man! Gmac knows his shit!!!

IceManFerrar
05-03-2017, 03:38 PM
Lol, you guys are a riot!

Gmac, what are you trying to do to me, mate...make me quit the game permanently??? :)

@Enti, can YOU please help answer my questions, given that Gmac has now confused the heck out of me? Thanks mate!

Enti
05-03-2017, 04:40 PM
Lol, you guys are a riot!

Gmac, what are you trying to do to me, mate...make me quit the game permanently??? :)

@Enti, can YOU please help answer my questions, given that Gmac has now confused the heck out of me? Thanks mate!

Ahhahahaha sure man

So the thing is HH's passive is broke as it is. Forget that toon for a while.
AoP's passive starts working on second TURN. What Gmac tried to say in a beautifully executed way are the following scenarios (case study #1 - AOP in enemy team)

1 - You on offense go first: AOP passive will kick in right after you finish your turn (ripping your buffs off right before they start their attacks)
2 - Your enemy on defense goes first - AOP passive kicks in after they took their turn (your buffs are surviving the first attack wave)

Prisoner - broke AF, passives are either blocked or not, whether buffs applies or not, whether Gimp is alive or not (just whatever the hell the game wants to do). Sometimes he will stun through Immunity / Invincibility with counter (not sure though if this was addressed with the hotfix)

TL;DR - don't even try to understand, total mess :D

IceManFerrar
05-03-2017, 06:44 PM
Lol, are you and Gmac related by any chance? I give up!!!! :)

Tritium
05-03-2017, 06:53 PM

Lmao, what did you need clarified?

Chaosego888
05-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Lol, are you and Gmac related by any chance? I give up!!!! :)Trust me man, They are both right. Frustration is always funnier hearing it from someone else.

mjmxiii
05-03-2017, 10:20 PM

LMFAO! Nothing is working quite the way it should with regards to the Prisoners' "Passive Aggression" (He refuses to be caged lol) or in regards to Hellhound/Artillery Dog "Repeal" passives. Harpy "Guardian" passive also not working properly atm which is just truely funny. AoF passive triggering randomly too. AoP passive is working as it should but now makes it a challenge if you don't kill him when your team goes first.

Bunch of stuff not working properly lol. Stay tuned brotha and like Gmac said, welcome back! 😆

Enti
05-03-2017, 10:25 PM
LMFAO! Nothing is working quite the way it should with regards to the Prisoners' "Passive Aggression" (He refuses to be caged lol) or in regards to Hellhound/Artillery Dog "Repeal" passives. Harpy "Guardian" passive also not working properly atm which is just truely funny. AoF passive triggering randomly too. AoP passive is working as it should but now makes it a challenge if you don't kill him when your team goes first.

Bunch of stuff not working properly lol. Stay tuned brotha and like Gmac said, welcome back! 😆

Yeah, exactly because of these issues I had my first change of heart with this game, and I did not feel the urge to log in and clear my SoW/remaining troopers. I will not quit so easily, but currently we all are running after patch notes and pimp up the character that is powerful at the moment, just to have something else pop up 3-5 weeks later. All my skill shards are going for the tuning updates and not to characters I enjoy playing with. I'd love to max GRE and switch to him on LoL boss fight, but cannot afford 28 with the constant meta changes :(

I do hope BNW is just a couple weeks apart so we will have some fresh stuff. And an event would be nice, as we did not have Xmas, New Year or Easter ones. And no, an all-rounder soul is not an event.

Askora
05-03-2017, 10:44 PM
A few others that don't work right. Death dog power ability charges everyone, but the death dog loses the charge immediately. I've stunned and frozen the soulless demon in cast die while he was invincible on several occasions. So, invincibility may not be all it's cracked up to be.

Had my team, or sometimes only one or two members of my team lose a turn in pvp. Not stunned or frozen, just the game switches back to the other team. The list goes on.

gmac
07-21-2018, 05:59 AM
Thanks bud! Yeah I think I first talked to you about one day going for 10k :) And I think I teared up too writing the post lol

All right my friend, you'll never know what just happened... YES!

The Prisoner is finally on my account, more than a year after this post, more than 6 months after i walked away...

I'm stoked about it, maxed him right away, put him as champ, and uninstalled the game. :eek:

(I got 11 Eternals and couldn't get him, let alone get him when i needed him the most... i won't ever play a game i can't reliably farm toons i need for arena with my in-game results. Never.)

Anyways, your original post was a great homage to The Prisoner, I always wanted to reply when i finally got him, i'm kind of emotional myself right now, happy and sad...

Well, let's hear it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7LH__BPqSY&feature=youtu.be

Cheers
gmac

AmIEvil
07-21-2018, 06:48 AM
All right my friend, you'll never know what just happened... YES!

The Prisoner is finally on my account, more than a year after this post, more than 6 months after i walked away...

I'm stoked about it, maxed him right away, put him as champ, and uninstalled the game. :eek:

(I got 11 Eternals and couldn't get him, let alone get him when i needed him the most... i won't ever play a game i can't reliably farm toons i need for arena with my in-game results. Never.)

Anyways, your original post was a great homage to The Prisoner, I always wanted to reply when i finally got him, i'm kind of emotional myself right now, happy and sad...

Well, let's hear it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7LH__BPqSY&feature=youtu.be

Cheers
gmac

ive heard stories of gmac here, congratulations on the prisoner!

gmac
07-21-2018, 07:00 AM
ive heard stories of gmac here, congratulations on the prisoner!

Thanks on the Prisoner and don't worry about stories... all lies ;)

cheers
gmac

blade685
07-21-2018, 01:38 PM
2 long years for me to have him :)