PDA

View Full Version : Week 8 of PvP - Statistics and Discussion

Nicko
04-02-2017, 01:05 PM
Week 7 is a rap!

The Prisoner discussion is going to be a moot point in a few weeks. They mighty nerf bat has hit him right where it counts, and there will be a good number of ways to counter him. I don't think there was any way around this - my win rate continues to be 100% (still not a true 100% - lost 1 while drinking to stupidity and had a crash on another) and that simply shouldn't be. But I personally am quite surprised his passive can now be countered with simple immunity - that's a pretty big change - though it certainly obliterates any gap between Prisoner and non-Prisoner teams.

If anything can be said it's certainly a new game - good for keeping things interesting and forcing everyone to think differently.

The 10,000 mark has been beaten - congrats to Jofer! I think it was wise doing it before the Prisoner nerf, but after reading the past week how tenacious he was in other games I wouldn't be surprised if we see it again.

As far as statistics, this week was a complete turn around for me. Incredible really...

Attacks: 566

Attacked: 211

Ratio: 0.37

My ratio has typically been almost double that, so this was a very welcome change. Patrice started a thread and this wasn't the case for everyone - but I know many of the "attack victims" who were getting 400+ attacks have seen a decrease.

Looking forward to seeing how attack/attacked is for others now that we've had over a full week of the changed match algorithm

Thanks!

surfingwithdje
04-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Hi, there are my stats for the last week:

Atk wins: 98% (227/232)
Def wins: 27% (61/227)

I didn't makes too much refills this week, just 4-5 the 2 last days before the reset...

It looks like the number of attacks are not well balanced for everyone, my ratio Atk/def don't change since the last week, always around 1...

Nicko
04-02-2017, 01:25 PM
Hi, there are my stats for the last week:

Atk wins: 98% (227/232)
Def wins: 27% (61/227)

I didn't makes too much refills this week, just 4-5 the 2 last days before the reset...

It looks like the number of attacks are not well balanced for everyone, my ratio Atk/def don't change since the last week, always around 1...

Assuming one is attacked the same number of times, the player who attacks more will have the better ratio. No way around it. So mine, Jofer, etc is likely an outlier. A 1:1 like yours is probably more reasonable. Certain players however had many more attacks on them than they attacked others - and that was causing a lot of frustration

RCarter
04-02-2017, 01:32 PM
Attacks: 175
Defends: 58

As one of those "attack victims," it was an absolute pleasure not getting hammered everytime I turned around. I don't know if this will last, but I like it. I don't know if this means I'm bugged, but after 7 weeks of absurdly high levels of defends I don't really give a shit.

If I am bugged, I sure show up on Jofer's list. Once again Jofer, glad I could contribute to your 10K milestone!

Silentknight
04-02-2017, 01:38 PM
Silentknight
Attack-575
Defense-447
78%
Defensive win % went WAY down,talismans & prisoner hunting strategy to blame,imo. Not sure about list tho. Those are some low numbers for u Nicko,hardly saw u all week & that sucks cuz as u know ur one of my favorite targets,win or lose!

surfingwithdje
04-02-2017, 01:48 PM
Assuming one is attacked the same number of times, the player who attacks more will have the better ratio. No way around it. So mine, Jofer, etc is likely an outlier. A 1:1 like yours is probably more reasonable. Certain players however had many more attacks on them than they attacked others - and that was causing a lot of frustration
Yeah i'm OK with that ratio :) 1:1 is what i got from the beginning of the arena so i know how to manage with that :)

Nicko
04-02-2017, 01:50 PM
Silentknight
Attack-575
Defense-447
78%
Defensive win % went WAY down,talismans & prisoner hunting strategy to blame,imo. Not sure about list tho. Those are some low numbers for u Nicko,hardly saw u all week & that sucks cuz as u know ur one of my favorite targets,win or lose!

Don't I know it ;)

Silentknight
04-02-2017, 01:52 PM
Don't I know it ;)

Least I'm on ur list,revenges help. Yeah,somewhere around 1:1 seems about right,or 75%-125%

Silentknight
04-02-2017, 02:06 PM
Played alot more this week,slow week at work,lmao! For me,it doesn't pay off. Back to Gmac's old strategy. Usually run with 1000 ironite float,with all the freebies,1300-1400 by weeks end. On Saturday I run it back down to 1000,1 refill after & that's it. This week I did 2 refills to end up 23rd or so...not quite sure. Great race for 25th everyone,thx, love the last minute rushes!!! But lists still look broken,they just changed players.

slauki
04-02-2017, 02:15 PM
huge improvment for me from approx. 370 attacks down to 274 and a ratio of 106% seems fine to me. Defense was crappy as hell but no idea what to do about it. anyway game will change completly in two weeks, so best way would be to figure out a new strategy then.

if 1:1 (+/- 15%) was the target for the standard players, then the goal is reached for me. it's normal that guys like jofer and nicko can't have 1:1 but for the mortals it could be doable but i know some guys who have been attacked a lot more, and sparton said that not everyone is benefiting from the new system, so time will tell where we are at. curious to see other numbers as well. btw with the new changes our defenses will maybe go to 10% or less as i stated several times. this could hurt our ranks a lot if the keep this point system. and it seems, that they like it for some reason. if this matchmaking trend continues it will be a great and very welcome improvment.

mikmar
04-02-2017, 02:41 PM
Every week I am attacked 2x comparing to my attacks.

Last week:

164 attacks 160 wins (98%)
325 defense 83 wins (26%)

It's like that every week.
Impossible for me to climb the charts.

LOTB hates me ...

Zapathusara
04-02-2017, 03:12 PM
The first collumn is week 8, the second, week 7 (before the matching change).

For me, now I have a normal number of attacks received, and a good hold % (some weeks I had 2%, lol).

Hypnos
04-02-2017, 03:40 PM
I noticed at the start of the week I wasn't being attacked as much as previous weeks so I decided to try go for a decent rank this week.

Due to not having a good, consistent strategy against taunt and prisoner teams, I had to rely on luck for a lot of my battles. Unfortunately, luck only brings you so far but at least I can say I made top 50 with no prisoner.

Defense ratio was god awful with a meagre 7% hold rate but this week I tried something different. Turning away from the standard taunting defense, I went with something a little different - what looked on paper as a heavy hitting team featuring my beloved rainmaker alongside a dog of war to whom I've grown quite attached. However, heavy hitting was clearly the opposite to what it turned out to be. Things on the offensive side weren't much better seeing as it would sometimes take two SoW refills to clear one list.

Being fairly worn out from this week's struggle I think I'm gonna take a break from the arena until the new update comes out.

Goodbye Chuck, sadly I never had the honour of meeting you but heard some really cool things about ya. Guess your days as a free man are numbered!

Attacks: 415
Attacked: 234

ratio: 0.56

PerthEddie
04-02-2017, 04:01 PM
Don't think you will glean a lot from my stats as I am not a prolific PvPer but here you go:

Attack: 90% (60/73)
Defence: 16% (5/31)
Ratio: 42%
No Prisoner

Attack looks good but don't be fooled. Once again I was a bit of a prick and cherry picked my fights. As I said last week, f**k rank - all about coins for me. I started off the week quite keen to have a good go at PvP again but by mid-week I had lost interest. Probably won't be able to play it much this week as I am working away from home with possible long hours so focus will be on making sure Troopers get their badges.

Congrats to Jofer on hitting 10K - a remarkable achievement. Best of luck to you all in the Arena this week.

Nicko
04-02-2017, 04:09 PM
Looking at past weeks shows how critical the number of attacks issue is.

Two weeks ago my stats were:

5408 points from 782 attacks

Last week my stats were:

6449 points from 566 attacks

I attacked others 200 times less and scored 1000 more points with Offense/Defense stats that were almost identical. The difference?

Two weeks ago I was attacked 569 times. Last week I was attacked 211 times.

I'm glad the developers are taking this seriously because - as has been mentioned many times - number of times attacked is the most critical component of your score assuming an average offense and defense, and even the most spectacular offense and/or defense simply can't compensate for a disproportionate number of times attacked.

Nicko
04-02-2017, 04:19 PM
And to add to the previous post, the Prisoner nerf will be the great equalizer - between new talismans and Siege/Passive Aggresion going by the wayside, defense percentages will be lower than ever. Everyone's defense will likely suck. 10% or less will not be uncommon, so with negligible holds your score will simply be how often you attack and how lucky you are in the number of times attacked lottery

If AI could be improved - more perfect hits and smarter decisions - that may help - but not appreciably alter - the influence of number of times attacked.

What WOULD help the influence? A change in the point system...

Patrice-1201
04-02-2017, 04:27 PM

I am furious and really about to give up, look at this I attacked 269 times and have been attacked 402 times.... this is wrong with my percentage wins and holds I should be in the upper tiers but instead i'm just spending time and ironite to catch up...:mad:

Tridimensionale
04-02-2017, 04:44 PM
Hi all, i m not near being a top player like many of you but i ll post my stats anyway xD

Week 8 stats :

1707 points

105 attacks 102 wins (97%) --> 2 lost cause game freeze

150 defense 24 wins (16%)

Week 6 stats : ( before the change in matchmaking )

1977 points

119 attacks 103 wins (87%)

34 defense 3 wins (9%)

Yes this week was a bit frustrating for me but i agree that the system was broken... and still it is
Agreed with Nicko --> AI must be improved and Point System could be change
Congratz to Jofer 4 the crazy record !

Kris-0707
04-02-2017, 04:52 PM

The same team from week 1, no new talismans, didn't bother to spend any ironite to refill SoW.

Ratio 133% so looks like devs decided to punish me after all those weeks :) I don't care because:

1. I don't have aspiration to climb on the PVP ladder.
2. Pvp is still not fun and not enjoying to me.
3. Rewards are crap, loot from souls is ridiculous and way below my expectations.
4. Incoming nerfs and lack of ideas how to fix pvp makes me think to spend even less time playing that mobile phone game than now.

Silentknight
04-02-2017, 05:13 PM

The same team from week 1, no new talismans, didn't bother to spend any ironite to refill SoW.

Ratio 133% so looks like devs decided to punish me after all those weeks :) I don't care because:

1. I don't have aspiration to climb on the PVP ladder.
2. Pvp is still not fun and not enjoying to me.
3. Rewards are crap, loot from souls is ridiculous and way below my expectations.
4. Incoming nerfs and lack of ideas how to fix pvp makes me think to spend even less time playing that mobile phone game than now.

Couldn't have said it better myself! Although I think 300 attacks/week is average,just have to attack more. I.E. spend more ironite/money. It's the ones under 300 that concern me! Are these guys ever gonna get this right!!! Points system has been a joke since day 1 of beta & the miniscule changes are pathetic! Still gunna play but no more refills. Almost had enough of this shit!

Silentknight
04-02-2017, 05:21 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself! Although I think 300 attacks/week is average,just have to attack more. I.E. spend more ironite/money. It's the ones under 300 that concern me! Are these guys ever gonna get this right!!! Points system has been a joke since day 1 of beta & the miniscule changes are pathetic! Still gunna play but no more refills. Almost had enough of this shit!

Oh yeah,the ones that whine about the prisoner yet still manage 90+% are a joke. Who on their rosters needs to be castrated! Pathetic! Worse part is I have 2 of em for troopers! Can't remember last hold against either one of em...really!!!

Tritium
04-02-2017, 06:10 PM
Attacks: 185 with a 90% win rate (damn taunt teams. Those suckers are wayyy harder than Prisoner teams now lol)

Times Attacked: 325 Scheisse, man.

Ratio: 1.76% :rolleyes:

Yeah, like many others have stated here, I'm also starting to get pretty annoyed with PVP. It's just not a satisfying experience for me ─ no matter how you slice it. Often times I'll do 1 attack and come back 20 minutes later to find that I was attacked 3+ times. Nothing is fun if you feel like you aren't making progress.

Baba-8301
04-02-2017, 06:48 PM
1894 points

184/202 attack
75/308 defence

I stopped playing early afternoon (1300 GMT) as I had an appointment with a lot of beer.

tex-0775
04-02-2017, 07:17 PM
I stopped playing early afternoon (1300 GMT) as I had an appointment with a lot of beer.

Mmmm........beer. Didn't play saturday either, went to a CoB concert and got my ears blown off. Anyway, this week wasn't any different, still being whipped :cool:

Attack 135/148 91%
Defence 68/255 27%

1923 points, rank 861

tex \,,/ - - \,,/

Silentknight
04-02-2017, 07:20 PM
1894 points

184/202 attack
75/308 defence

Good call!!!

R1ck
04-02-2017, 07:22 PM
PVP is getting boring, this week I will only play when really have a will.
Past week I was playing for coins to buy legendary soul and both skillshards, but I don't know if someone already mentioned that there's a bug with coins, it said a was on level to earn 15 coins but after every match I received only 13. So many bugs in this game. Will play only my troopers and PVP to get coins to get skillshard on Saturday.
Ratio 137%

CanyptianFit
04-02-2017, 07:27 PM
I continue to test different approaches. I like the rewards for PVP, but hate the time commitment required to do both trooper badges and PVP. My priority is always badges.

This weeks stats:
Attacks: 196 (94% win rate, no prisoner, no cherry picking)
Defense: 137 (Hold rate down significantly as also noted by SilentKnight)
Rank: 33 (Had peaked to about rank 22 this week or so before I had to quit as the wife and I were without our kids for the evening 🤘🏼😎)
No Prisoner (I sob for him, more on that later)

This is the lowest number of defensive attacks I've had yet, primarily because I'm not attacking much during the week. I'm usually between 250-400 defensive attacks.

Back to Prisoner
I really am against the Nerf. I have always said I think his passive is cool for the game. Agree it may hinder diversity to a limited extent, but hate that he is being castrated. To me the new talismans were an effective counter. Furthermore, although I learned that star rating only implies toon "rarity" not power/capability, I still think the changes dramatically alter his worth for the negative.

Congrats Jofer on 10k. Clearly, at least it seems to me, you got to an extreme point of using a single group of toons against everyone for speed. Takes a lot of stamina to do what you did. Hats off.

Till next time...

My 2 cents.

Aristo4
04-02-2017, 07:38 PM

Didn't intend to attack so much this week....but with the dozens of attacks flowing in every day I had to take my sword out. Pretty sure i'd have a 200% ratio if I didn't though.

The Educated fool
04-02-2017, 07:56 PM
My stats for the last week:

Attack Wins: 99% (365/369)
Defense Wins: 18% (64/365)

If not for the usual Saturday barrage necessary to try to hold Top 25, I would have been out-attacked for sure, but not by a ton... I'd imagine about 30-40 more, based on the way the numbers looked on Friday.

yojo
04-02-2017, 08:02 PM
My Stats

Tier:Warlord II
Attack_ 85% (202/239)
Defense: 20% (51/249)

Silentknight
04-02-2017, 08:26 PM
Wow,other than Nicko's opening post I haven't read anything overly positive except from people who spent time away from the game! Hint,hint...helloooooo! Don't read the 'Games broken' posts...depressing!!!

The Educated fool
04-02-2017, 08:39 PM
Yeah, it's kinda hard (for some of us, anyway) to stay too positive about the game when the only thing looming immediately on the horizon is a bunch of nerfs, rather than an honest attempt at balancing by enhancing existing characters, or adding new, good ones. Then again, there are some delighted by the prospect of Nerfomania running wild--as it soon will--so it's good times for them, at least. :cool:

(Not meaning to derail/distract from this thread, incidentally... I just haven't two-centsed Nerfomania anywhere else, and this felt like as good a time as any ;) )

BG840
04-02-2017, 09:09 PM
ATT-144/165
DEF-76/292

I think thats the most attacked i have ever been since pvp started. Seeing as how there's nothing I can do to change it, I just stare at the machine, give it a good what for cussing and try to crawl back up to the points I had and hope to get a little ahead before my next break. Then come back turn on game and repeat.

Can anyone explain this: 2.5 hrs ago my def was 0/0 took a break, only to get into arena and find def is now 1/10 but my defense list only shows 4 new names! WTF!!

I can't see how anyone without a cache of ironite is expected to compete and rise to a decent standing where the rewards are sufficient enough to offset the materials (Chars, talis, shards and runes, TIME) needed to get there. I mean if points are subtracted when you lose on defense and you essentially don't have any control over it, what gives? Oh but wait the point system is biased towards your number of attacks, doesn't really matter when you're being steamrolled by a jacked up defense system.

Sorry didn't mean to go into a rant something just clicked and I had to throw in my two cents. Anyway here's to a better week for all!! Although I don't know how it could get better for Jofer. Congrats bro!

RACCAR-8000
04-02-2017, 09:17 PM
Nerforama, lol . The educational foolishness has a point as always. I've mentioned before that buffing is always better then nerfing, but that tuant fest needed to stop.PvP has been ok for me but not great. I hope this new update gets me excited again.

Nicko
04-02-2017, 09:54 PM
A few of us like Rcarter and I have seen dramatically decreased attacks - and many haven't. And I agree with what Ron said - what a huge difference it makes as you go through the week.

As some have pointed out, there seems to be a fairly despondent untertone in this weeks thread. It's unfortunate. And honestly - a Prisoner nerf won't help. It's not the real issue.

While I've focused on it in the last few threads, I don't even think # of times attacked is the real issue. It's the most pertinent defense metric to determine ones success in the current environment (as evidenced in previous weeks by players with mediocre stats making top twenty five) but not the underlying issue.

It really needs to be addressed at the root - the point system.

People will work if they believe they'll make progress. If they perceive their return on their investment of resources - time, Ironite - is fair. But if it's "two steps forward/three steps back"? Ultimately frustration will prevail. And we're starting to see more and more of it.

There are those uber-competitive among us who will suck it up - curse - and then still play a lot in the current environment. But my sense is the more typical player will simply get frustrated - say PvP is not fun anymore - and quietly walk away. And even the Uber-competitive have their limits...

I think ultimately this will need to be addressed. Personally, I think eliminating or greatly reducing the repercussions from having ones defense broken would have increased overall satisfaction significantly more than a massive Prisoner nerf.

A light Prisoner nerf and a restructuring of the point system ( as opposed to a massive Prisoner nerf in the current unfair point system) would - in my opinion - really improve the morale of the player base and help a lot of these negative undertones resolve (some will remain as there will always be complainers).

No update has happened yet. I hope the developers consider the above before any changes are made.

Aristo4
04-02-2017, 10:11 PM
Nicko said it all.

What this man said above ^^^

Silentknight
04-02-2017, 10:18 PM
What this man said above ^^^

Improving A.I. would help alot too! So concerned about 1/2 the toons not being used...no wonder!!!

Nicko
04-02-2017, 10:32 PM
Improving A.I. would help alot too! So concerned about 1/2 the toons not being used...no wonder!!!

Improving AI would be great and - as you pointed out - make more toons usable. Definitely needs to be a long term goal. But that takes more programming and in the short term wouldn't be nearly as powerful or easy to implement as a point system restructure.

Lets say you're attacked 300 times. You have a 10% Hold so get dinged 270 times. AI is improved and you're now at 30% Hold. Awesome! Until you realize you're still dinged 210 times and each of those times sets you back 12-20 points.

If you're only attacking 150 times, that still makes for a pretty frustrating experience...

Silentknight
04-02-2017, 10:39 PM
Improving AI would be great and - as you pointed out - make more toons usable. Definitely needs to be a long term goal. But that takes more programming and in the short term wouldn't be nearly as powerful as a point system restructure.

Lets say you're attacked 300 times. You have a 10% Hold so get dinged 270 times. AI is improved and you're now at 30% Hold. Awesome! Until you realize you're still dinged 210 times and each of those times sets you back 12-20 points.

If you're only attacking 150 times, that still makes for a pretty frustrating experience...

Yeah, I was leaning more towards the nerfing. We've complained about the point system since day 1 or at least I have, and they've made MINOR adjustments on a MAJOR flaw. Feels like we're talking to a wall! Sry,didn't mean to take away from your point/post. APU u r bang on!!!

Ian
04-02-2017, 11:24 PM
Attacks by me: 198
Defended: 296

Refused to use ironite for refills this week, and just as well. I've seen number of inbound attacks increase each week so I have great sympathy for people who were suffering 400+ in a week. Thought I might get to finish above 2100 points this week but when I woke up Saturday morning it was the usual "oh I lost 300 points overnight" again.

I've never had the prisoner.

slauki
04-02-2017, 11:29 PM
It really needs to be addressed at the root - the point system.

People will work if they believe they'll make progress. If they perceive their return on their investment of resources - time, Ironite - is fair. But if it's "two steps forward/three steps back"? Ultimately frustration will prevail. And we're starting to see more and more of it.
No update has happened yet. I hope the developers consider the above before any changes are made.

exactly what i feel. it's not very smart to constantly demotivate the players, even the toughest one will say "screw it" one day.
but we talked abut this issue a lot, so what can we say, that the devs don't know already? really don't get it, should be the easiest fix of all.

OTAH when matchmaking significantly reduces the number of attacks, this is a progress, but without changes in the pointsystem pvp will loose players every week.

90mphyorker
04-03-2017, 12:17 AM
Attack Wins - 63% (212/335)
Defence Wins - 19% (18/96)

I'm done with arena for a while now. I seemed to be on the receiving end of that bug so I thought I'd try and use it to my advantage. I was never likely to affect the top players, best I usually get is around 1900. But when I was around 1950 I thought I'd have a go at reaching Warlord I and get the Skill Shard for the achievement. Each time I got into the high 2000's luck would just go against. Against one team, with a Prisoner he went first 7 times. 7 Times!! How can you compete well when luck is against you like that? I know after 2 times I probably should have gave up, but he was the last team on my list and I got determined to prove to myself that I'm only losing because of the toss. When I finally went first I won. I'm aware my attack team could do with work or I could have but a more defensive team in, it's a pain in the arse preparing a team if you don't know who's going to go first. On my my bugs with it.

4 times this week I tried to reach Warlord I and 3 time the same thing happened. I got to the last team on the list and they went first 4, 5 and 7 times. I wasted so much ironite this week.

4th time I finally reach over 2100 but not ranked top 50. I have 3 SoW left and one team left to clear. A Prisoner team. Thinking I'd learn my lessons from the last times I refresh the list and get a new list. All were ranked 300 to 500 points less than me. 3 battles 3 times I don't go first and because of the stupid points system I've lost 60 points and no way near Warlord I anymore.

Sure you all think it's my crappy team/bad strategy/whatever and you may have a point. Just sick of how the arena is at the moment. I'm giving it up for a while, I'll do my 3 battles a day and that's it. Will see what it's like after the Prisoner nerf or in 3 weeks when I can't buy any more Skill Shards.

If anyone is interested I'm just fed up with the luck needed, the toss, how taunt is done in the game and the points system. Revamp the whole points system, get rid off the toss (speed stats is how I'd do it but that's a different subject) and get it so we control the taunt not AI and it'll revamp my interest. Till then or for a while at least, I'll just have a break and sound like a toddler throwing his toys out the pram.

Best of luck to everyone still competing and having fun in the arena. I wish I was still enjoying it as much as you.

treeb0mbb
04-03-2017, 12:21 AM
I don't know if it matters much but here are my stats like week. Didn't attack much just revenged a lot. Attack 86%(98/115) Defense 30%(46/154).

I don't know how my defense is surprisingly a lot better the week before it was like 15%.

treeb0mbb
04-03-2017, 12:22 AM
Attack Wins - 63% (212/335)
Defence Wins - 19% (18/96)

I'm done with arena for a while now. I seemed to be on the receiving end of that bug so I thought I'd try and use it to my advantage. I was never likely to affect the top players, best I usually get is around 1900. But when I was around 1950 I thought I'd have a go at reaching Warlord I and get the Skill Shard for the achievement. Each time I got into the high 2000's luck would just go against. Against one team, with a Prisoner he went first 7 times. 7 Times!! How can you compete well when luck is against you like that? I know after 2 times I probably should have gave up, but he was the last team on my list and I got determined to prove to myself that I'm only losing because of the toss. When I finally went first I won. I'm aware my attack team could do with work or I could have but a more defensive team in, it's a pain in the arse preparing a team if you don't know who's going to go first. On my my bugs with it.

4 times this week I tried to reach Warlord I and 3 time the same thing happened. I got to the last team on the list and they went first 4, 5 and 7 times. I wasted so much ironite this week.

4th time I finally reach over 2100 but not ranked top 50. I have 3 SoW left and one team left to clear. A Prisoner team. Thinking I'd learn my lessons from the last times I refresh the list and get a new list. All were ranked 300 to 500 points less than me. 3 battles 3 times I don't go first and because of the stupid points system I've lost 60 points and no way near Warlord I anymore.

Sure you all think it's my crappy team/bad strategy/whatever and you may have a point. Just sick of how the arena is at the moment. I'm giving it up for a while, I'll do my 3 battles a day and that's it. Will see what it's like after the Prisoner nerf or in 3 weeks when I can't buy any more Skill Shards.

If anyone is interested I'm just fed up with the luck needed, the toss, how taunt is done in the game and the points system. Revamp the whole points system, get rid off the toss (speed stats is how I'd do it but that's a different subject) and get it so we control the taunt not AI and it'll revamp my interest. Till then or for a while at least, I'll just have a break and sound like a toddler throwing his toys out the pram.

Best of luck to everyone still competing and having fun in the arena. I wish I was still enjoying it as much as you.

Man I totally agree with you either the RNG is on your side or it isn't.

Nicko
04-03-2017, 01:06 AM
exactly what i feel. it's not very smart to constantly demotivate the players, even the toughest one will say "screw it" one day.
but we talked abut this issue a lot, so what can we say, that the devs don't know already? really don't get it, should be the easiest fix of all.

OTAH when matchmaking significantly reduces the number of attacks, this is a progress, but without changes in the pointsystem pvp will loose players every week.

I'm sure they track. Of course we're limited to "Case reports" from individual players as opposed to comprehensive statistics. But it just seems like the negativity continues to grow; perhaps that's the way of forums. But I agree - it seems like an obvious and easy thing to fix. I know they want defensive choices to matter; rewarding Holds without penalizing defensive losses (or minimal penalty) seems like a win-win scenario

Matchmaking has reduced the number of attacks for some of us - but obviously some are still getting lots a disproportionate number of attacks - and the corresponding drop in score.

Coletrain
04-03-2017, 03:14 AM
Stats for last week:

Attacks: 493
Defenses: 394

Noticed early in the week that I was getting attacked a lot more, so I figured I would try and keep up and see exactly what I was working with now that i'm not affected by the bug anymore. Given that I had it easy the first few weeks of PVP i'm not going to complain, but it felt like an uphill battle the whole week. The only reason that I was up 99 attacks was that I used 1-2 SoW refills per day each day of the week, plus at least 5 on Saturday, otherwise I would have been overrun by attacks.

Played alot more this week,slow week at work,lmao! For me,it doesn't pay off. Back to Gmac's old strategy. Usually run with 1000 ironite float,with all the freebies,1300-1400 by weeks end. On Saturday I run it back down to 1000,1 refill after & that's it. This week I did 2 refills to end up 23rd or so...not quite sure. Great race for 25th everyone,thx, love the last minute rushes!!! But lists still look broken,they just changed players.
Agreed, quite the roller coaster ride for 25th. Felt like I went above and below the line at least 10 times that day. There was one point 2 hours before reset that Jofer attacked me and I was thinking "Really?!, you don't have enough points?", but then I saw he was going for 10k (congrats btw Jofer!). Hats off to those fighters around that rank, it was a real challenge this week.

The lists do seem a bit off still. I was in the top 50 the entire week and top 25 for part of it, yet rarely saw a lot of the players above me.

Spent way too much time on Saturday trying to fight the tide and make top 25, going to just use the free SoW this week and see what I look like on Saturday.

Askora
04-03-2017, 03:14 AM
My stats, Attacked 178 times, Defended 101, final points 2042. Just playing for the iron coins. I think part of how much you are attacked depends a lot on your playing strategy. I can't guarantee it, but I'm pretty sure I can tell exactly what will bring up the number of attacks against me. I know I showed up on Jofer's list at least twice and Nicko's at least once. Think differently on your playing, maybe you'll see a change in defenses.

Silentknight
04-03-2017, 05:11 AM
There was one point 2 hours before reset that Jofer attacked me and I was thinking "Really?!, you don't have enough points?", but then I saw he was going for 10k (congrats btw Jofer!). Hats off to those fighters around that rank, it was a real challenge this week.

Yeah,he nailed me a few times too! A$$hole! Lmao,think he got everyone! Happy to a part of it!

mjmxiii
04-03-2017, 06:36 AM
119 attacks, 118 x attacked... how's that for balance?

The one saving grace for PvP is 4 extra skill shards and that one Lengendary soul per month that wasn't there before. It's easy enough to get the 2400 iron coins needed to make it happen without investing too much time, money or energy so I can live with it.

I'm really looking foward to some new content though! All this NerFing, balancing toons shit is really make this game feel like a wobbly roller coaster.. it's getting old!

Patrice-1201
04-03-2017, 06:58 AM
nerfing is really not the solution, I do not have a Prisoner, but he really is no issue. For me the issue is that I got attacked 133 times more than I actually attacked and that I have to spend so much Ironite just to catch up... If you count 14 points loss on average per attack, I lost 390 Ironites and 1892 points just on the imbalance... If I had been attacked like Nicko only 40% of my attacks then I lost > 4000 points... This is what makes me sick.

The nerfing seems to be an excuse to lead us to think that things are improving nut making sure we keep spending... It clearly isn't the answer and has people pissed off all over the forums...

scott-5496
04-03-2017, 09:16 AM
It just gets more and more odd doesn't it. For the first time I had a much better balance last week than ever before so that for me was good as it meant I needed to play less and got my highest ranking so far with a push on Saturday. I broke top 50 at last! Got to 47 with 2518 points (just) made 310 attacks and was attacked 334 so that is the best I have ever seen.

Now that to me clearly shows that if you are attacked less it is so much easier to climb and you need to spend and play less to get there - that is very easy to see as AI is so poor that number of attacks on you is only going to pull you down. The devs still need to fix this.

The oddities continue for me on another aspect - once the reset happened a shot into the top 20 for the first time ever - I had made number of attacks after the reset (but here is the thing) not a single person attacked me during my attacks so for some reason I leapt up the table with only one refill (maybe 2 - I think). So now I am sitting at number 12 as I write this because I have attacked 74 times with 100% record) and been attacked only 38 times (still with a rubbish hold of 13% - I just cannot get my defence to do better and I do not get it but must be talisman or something I need to fine tune but cannot figure it out). I notice a number of other people starting use my defence strategy that I have used since I started PVP by using a corrupt droid - for the first time last week I started to see more of these and red pyros too.

So for once I seem to be benefitting from the issues so I will take that when I can get it as so far had very little RNG luck - sacrifice has been far from helpful other than getting skill shards and emptying out the dupes - but still it is better than not having it. PVP is to easy on attack and to difficult on defence as AI is poor as I know my toons are super strong and no different to much of what I attack - something is not right but even I know that a few people who attacked me struggled as they were held time after time.

I am still on board with others views that I really am sick of nerfs - I am not sure anyone benefits from them other than if a toons is just set up wrong and not doing what it should be of if you are trying to bring new toons into PVP - nerfing is not the answer - new toons are. Why do people moan about Prisoner when he seems quite easy to counter with immunity? I can beat Prisoner teams and other were beating mine easily enough - even taunt teams do not bother me much as I am set up for that and bad coins tosses - why cant others have immunity talisman on - I see a lot with both defence and immunity on at the same time and even they can be beaten if you set up right.

For me it is the defence AI that is destroying the will to play and also the bad matchmaking - I had an almost level attack/defence last week for the first time and massively benefitted. This week I am benefitting even more and I can now see how a lot of other got so high while attacking so little - they did not need to because they were hardly being attacked.....to me that is the thing that has to be fixed, not nerfs!

My two cents of course!

zdm-1083
04-03-2017, 09:56 AM
I ended at #72
350 attacks
330 attacked

That's 94% :D
With my sooo good defense it's a mess. (lower than 10% hold)
So I invest ironite to be in #100...
I have the impression to have been attacked the whole week by higher ranking teams.

For memory previous weeks I was in the pool of "no attacked" teams.
270/107 for a 40% ratio previous week.

So I think we could this improvment to have everyone playing along the same "rules".

Ah, and for info I did not see Nicko once as well as Jofer if it was not in my defense list.
May I was too low in points but that's odd if because they are so far away in points they are not in attack list anymore...

Sag7272
04-03-2017, 12:11 PM
209-Att
256-Def

Theres is some progress, also noted that if I completely stop play arena for almost a day.. At the end of that same day I seems to vanish from lists & it starts over as soon as I play a match..
Most of the week it hoovered around 1:1 Saturday kind of screw things up a bit..
The new updates will be welcome (minus some overreacting over Prisoner & AoP) it's looking good, not played much this week but without 2 nasty crashes I'd have a perfect 100% and don't think it should happen in ANY PvP games..

Silentknight
04-03-2017, 12:39 PM
All the people with high defensive attack numbers were probably just on Jofer's lists,lmao!!! Hey Sag!

DaveMurray
04-03-2017, 01:14 PM

Since i can't obtain decent toons because of "bad luck" and with the current toss and point system being crap i will only gather the required coins for the store every week from now on.

Ian
04-03-2017, 01:29 PM

Since i can't obtain decent toons because of "bad luck" and with the current toss and point system being crap i will only gather the required coins for the store every week from now on.

Out of interest, what toons do you have? I don't have Prisoner, Allied General, Corrupt General, Angel of Strife, or many of the premium Eddies, yet I still managed a 96% win rate this week (and no I don't use Mummy either). Arena will always involve a little luck, but as long as you select the right talismans and pick a sensible team that works together, it is possible to get decent results even without natural 5* characters.

Defense is a lottery, and points system badly designed, but on attack you can get good results if you just do the best with what you've got.

Enti
04-03-2017, 03:14 PM
209-Att
256-Def

Theres is some progress, also noted that if I completely stop play arena for almost a day.. At the end of that same day I seems to vanish from lists & it starts over as soon as I play a match..
Most of the week it hoovered around 1:1 Saturday kind of screw things up a bit..
The new updates will be welcome (minus some overreacting over Prisoner & AoP) it's looking good, not played much this week but without 2 nasty crashes I'd have a perfect 100% and don't think it should happen in ANY PvP games..

This I noticed as well...

My stats for last week are:

Position - 13
Attacks - 278
Defense - 223

These figures are somewhat biased now as I did not intend to be so active in the Arena last week, but the double Arena store reset caught me by surprise. I was participating in a darts competition on Saturday, got home 2 hours before weekly reset and I for sure didn't want to lose the opportunity on talismans, souls and the skill shard, so in the last 2 hours I ground PvP like a maniac, gaining 1k+ points and around 1800 coins - I am using the same team indifferent of defending team layout.

Prisoner, you will be missed. Thank you Jofer for the proper memorial both here on the forum and in the Arena as well.

rider
04-03-2017, 07:17 PM
Ended 19th with 2958 pts.
Attacks: 256 (got lots of SoW from sacrifice)
Attacked: 84
Ratio: 0.33

The ratio looks low, but it was the highest one for me ever, usually near was 0.25. The "issue" with the matching algorithm is definitly fixed, I feel it extremely in the new week: my ratio since last reset ist going towards 2 (200%) and with my still miserable defence rate it feels really bad :D I'm curious about my final position this week. it could be a very good week for me, as since I got (finally!) my Hellhound, my win rate is improved from ~75% to over 95%, but with the new (but usual for other players) amount of defenses I hope to keep the 1700 point level :cool:

Rodrigo-3281
04-03-2017, 09:34 PM
Tier: Warlord III

Attacks: 79% (168/213)
Defense: 16% (23/145)

I decided to go for Warlord and finally get the skill shard achievement so I attacked a little more than usual. I was attacked a lot less than before but my hold rate is at it's worst ever. Probably because I began to face the stronger teams like Nicko, Jofer and others and frankly Prisoner teams are killing me.

But now with that achievement out of the way I don't see myself spending any more on SOW. I still want to get coins for skill shards and the 1x/month Legendary Soul (which will disappoint) but I don't see myself putting this amount of effort on PvP in the future.

iPoop
04-03-2017, 11:41 PM
ATT: 79
DEF: 228
Ratio: 2.89

Tritium
04-04-2017, 01:09 AM
ATT: 79
DEF: 228
Ratio: 2.89

Well that's disproportional to say the least. :S

Chaosego888
04-04-2017, 03:48 AM
Congratulations to Jofer for getting the 10000. I ran into a wall at the 2500 point range where attacks picked up a lot, was stuck there for probably 2 hours while consistantly winning matches but not gaining points. Overall attacks were down until Saturday.
Ended at rank 31
Attacks 360
Attacked 334

Defense was 16% hold rate but I experimented more. Obviously Corrupt Generals don't stun everyone else at 90% because mine wasn't holding anyone.

gmac
04-04-2017, 03:29 PM
Well,

List issue still a problem, Nicko attacked 566 times and got attacked 211? And Patrice attacked 269 and got attacked 402?!?

Wow

Here my stats
Attacked 358
Defenses 288

Some improvement on matchmaking, but still a big issue

JJJ428
04-04-2017, 08:36 PM
This was first week I found out what everyone was complaining about. This week my attacks were 216 and defenses were 310. Ratio of 143%. This was first time this happened to me for weeks I probably had a 40-60% ratio. So looks like the fixing in the attack list got me but didn't help some others.

slauki
04-04-2017, 09:07 PM
a buddy of mine had an interesting theory that people on the top doesn't show up as often as midranks and lowranks. this seems to be true, every list refresh gives me 80% lower ranks 15% similar ranks and only the occational highrank is there. this would explain the low attack numbers for some top guns like nicko. he is getting attacked even less in reality, because we have to take into account that many attacks leads to many revenges. so maybe ge got only attacked 50 times from a list and 150times through revenges or something like that.

last week i was also benefiting from less attacks so that it was pretty doable to come into top 50, this week i got more attacks, let'S see how this will continue. anyway it's highly unfair, as i wrote in another thread because someone with 400 attacks cannot be competitive in the arena when you compare him with someone who has only 150 or less attacks (assuming similar initial attack numbers). basicly some guys are playing under different conditions which is kinda rigged. if the devs would stop punishing defense losses this wouldn't be an issue. but with this point system is making this disbalances even worse. they unintentionally support the unfairness. they should at least remove point losses till matchmaking is fixed imo. try a more positive approach and let people profit from holds without loosing on losses and you will see more happy pvp players out there i guarantee.

Jofer16
04-04-2017, 09:35 PM
a buddy of mine had an interesting theory that people on the top doesn't show up as often as midranks and lowranks. this seems to be true, every list refresh gives me 80% lower ranks 15% similar ranks and only the occational highrank is there. this would explain the low attack numbers for some top guns like nicko. he is getting attacked even less in reality, because we have to take into account that many attacks leads to many revenges. so maybe ge got only attacked 50 times from a list and 150times through revenges or something like that.

Which makes complete sense, there are way more people in the low and mid ranks so of course you're going to show up more. It has to be setup that way, if higher ranks always showed up, everyone would only attack us. With win rates so high it would be pointless to do anything but cherry pick higher ranks for more points per win. No reason to clear a list, just cherry pick the high ranks and reset over and over. That would destroy the system even more with the current settings.

Put in the work and grind up to the top, people shouldnt be gifted the chance to face people that are putting way more effort into the game and easily drag them down. Everyone seems to have a bit of entitlement that they should be able to put in minimal effort and get the same results as people who put in more, I just disagree.

This is how all ladder style competition works in pretty much every game I've played. You don't face the top unless you grind up to it.

Caretaker
04-04-2017, 09:48 PM
Which makes complete sense, there are way more people in the low and mid ranks so of course you're going to show up more. It has to be setup that way, if higher ranks always showed up, everyone would only attack us. With win rates so high it would be pointless to do anything but cherry pick higher ranks for more points per win. No reason to clear a list, just cherry pick the high ranks and reset over and over. That would destroy the system even more with the current settings.

Put in the work and grind up to the top, people shouldnt be gifted the chance to face people that are putting way more effort into the game and easily drag them down. Everyone seems to have a bit of entitlement that they should be able to put in minimal effort and get the same results as people who put in more, I just disagree.

This is how all ladder style competition works in pretty much every game I've played. You don't face the top unless you grind up to it.

Leading to an easy living on top, burn some at the begining of the week and rest on your lovorics while others get stuck and frustrated, please don't encourage that unfairness. Whatever you man say can't be taken into account as an abuser of broken system and definite outlier.

Anyhow, I had a feeling it will be like this, as I wrote 2 months ago, in that 1., 2., 3. Threads in general discussion, when noone cared (with a few exceptions of honest and reasonable guys) so I gave it a push early in the week and I enjoyed easy living not showing up on lower ranked lists.

Give it a check on those threads as I saw some similar ides poping out recently.

On Tuesday, when ranking settled, my lists were full of siege with owerpowerd, taunt overrated, shield owertweaked, owertweaked by all means SSD, on who I still admire the work of Sparton, where I lost most of the fights not owning pris. It was so disappointing for me being right I virtually stoped, and let me slide down. had at that moment 250 att made.

Enjoy

slauki
04-04-2017, 09:51 PM

i get your point but i if you attack 1500 times you should receive more attacks than some random top 100 guy who only uses his natural gained sow everything. it seems that nicko doesn't show up on many lists. sure there are less top 25 guys than midrank guys but i'm talking about that the top guns could be attacked far less often then their deserved and intended share due to a broken matchmaking. it's just a theory so far.
and what's your definition of top? a top 100 guy should be able to see some top 10 guys from time to time some top 50 guy should be able to see them even more IMO, while a top 1000 guy shouldn't see them at all. so it's just a matter of balance and it could easily be that the current system is still broken as hell.

EDIT: just saw caretakers reply, yeah early rushes could be the solution to get rid of the annoying attacks and then grinding all alone in the top ranges. so basicly the rich are getting richer again and benefiting even more than they should. i agree that people who put in more effort have to had some advantage (just balance it ;) )

Jofer16
04-04-2017, 09:56 PM
Leading to an easy living on top, burn some at the begining of the week and rest on your lovorics while others get stuck and frustrated, please don't encourage that unfairness. Whatever you man say can't be taken into account as an abuser of broken system and definite outlier.

If you think it's easy on top then do it.

Jofer16
04-04-2017, 09:58 PM
i get your point but i if you attack 1500 times you should receive more attacks than some random top 100 guy who only uses his natural gained sow everything. it seems that nicko doesn't show up on many lists. sure there are less top 25 guys than midrank guys but i'm talking about that the top guns could be attacked far less often then their deserved and intended share due to a broken matchmaking. it's just a theory so far.
and what's your definition of top? a top 100 guy should be able to see some top 10 guys from time to time some top 50 guy should be able to see them even more IMO, while a top 1000 guy shouldn't see them at all. so it's just a matter of balance and it could easily be that the current system is still broken as hell.

EDIT: just saw caretakers reply, yeah early rushes could be the solution to get rid of the annoying attacks and then grinding all alone in the top ranges. so basicly the rich are getting richer again and benefiting even more than they should. i agree that people who put in more effort have to had some advantage (just balance it ;) )

Yeah I was just going to edit, would be nice if people on the top saw each other more, I rarely see Nicko it seems like and don't remember my last list with him in it. May be a factor of the new feature to reduce multiple attacks though.

Thedarkness
04-04-2017, 10:22 PM
Jofer dont get all offended that people are criticizng the system. You obviously would still win every week no matter what.

The problem is that what youre saying would be unfair for you at the top is exactly whats happening to people lower in the top 50-100. We are all getting dragged down by getting attacked by lower ranks. Then you see people in the top 15-25 with worse stats than you cause the devs insist on this system where you are playing against "teams with similar characters of similar levels" or whatever the hell they said/meant.

The top guys are just getting further and further from the pack by maxing toons in a week that take the rest of us months. But there are also some lucky non top guys who get to jump ahead cause of less attacks.

Its all very discouraging for the rest of us. We... Are... The 99% (haha)

Sid-2370

Caretaker
04-04-2017, 10:23 PM

Don't play fool on me, too old :cool: I'm not that eager, read my intro post. You rock, no argument there, I'm not aiming that high, I'm not cool enough. Enjoy the game, help it get fixed if u can, if not, don't.

Bradata
04-04-2017, 10:59 PM
Jofer & Niko have VERY good defense, that's why they are on top. I'm sure they get as many attacks as most of us but with good defense % they would get higher ranks. People shouldn't hate but the luck they have with not getting the necessary characters to be on top of the ranks. I don't hold any grudge against the top guys but I hate the luck I got in the game. I have played since the start of this game religiously every day 5-6 hrs and even more and never got what I wished for, I call this bad luck that's all!
Basically my point here is that we can't attack each other on the forum, leave it for the F***ed up PVP :p
Peace!

Askora
04-05-2017, 03:26 AM
Some of my thoughts on the subject of attacks vs. defenses. I believe Sparton had stated that the more active you are on offense, the more you'll show up on the lists. So, the more you play, the more you get hit. Other factors to consider is, how many of the defenses are the same person hitting you trying to clear a list? How many are revenges? There is a lot more than just the number of attacks vs. defends to consider. Style of play makes a lot of difference. It's all based on an algorithm and you just have to figure out what makes the algorithm happy. Raw numbers are ok, but without the factors behind them they don't show the whole picture.

Part of what drives my lower number of attacks is my crummy defense, most people only have to attack it once to defeat it. I can generally clear my lists pretty easy, although once in a while I have the RNG doing a serious number on me. Rank plays a big part too, the higher your rank to a point, the bigger a target you become.

My rank isn't what some of you are trying to achieve, but I think without an extremely good defense your rank is a very steep climb in the top 100. A defensive hold rate in the 15-20% range will probably only drive attacks up, due to repeated attacks by the same people. Personally, the rank doesn't mean much to me since my team is definitely not top 10 material and rare souls only seem to bring me harpies.

Anyway, that's just my thoughts on it. My playing style is primarily clearing lists, no matter the names on it (Sorry Tritium).

I agree that it's a screwy point system, but it's what we have to play right now. So, the best bet is to learn how to make it work for you. I can't imagine it'll be better with the new nerfs coming up. Would far rather have seen an upgrade to AI than that. But, that's what the devs have decided, so that's what we're stuck with.

Tritium
04-05-2017, 04:16 AM
Anyway, that's just my thoughts on it. My playing style is primarily clearing lists, no matter the names on it (Sorry Tritium).

We can't be friends anymore. :(

Haha, just playing. If you need help building a defense team, feel free to pm me and I'll do my best to help ya out!

Ubajoa
04-05-2017, 05:49 AM

I support you here! beeing on top is really hard, you grind hard and gain 120 points in quite a time and 1 or 2 loses and you lose 40 points in 1 minute or less. That is way frustrating. Every defense has a counter and with a high % win.

DaveMurray
04-05-2017, 09:46 AM
Out of interest, what toons do you have? I don't have Prisoner, Allied General, Corrupt General, Angel of Strife, or many of the premium Eddies, yet I still managed a 96% win rate this week (and no I don't use Mummy either). Arena will always involve a little luck, but as long as you select the right talismans and pick a sensible team that works together, it is possible to get decent results even without natural 5* characters.

Defense is a lottery, and points system badly designed, but on attack you can get good results if you just do the best with what you've got.

Sorry for my late reply, i read your post but i was a bit busy with work this days and had no spare time to answer.
Almost all my defeats happen when i loose the toss and for 2 rounds i am taunted, stunned and frozen so there's nothing i can do.
I am aware of ways to counter those but i lack the necessary tools and toons to do it.
Add a few "bad luck" defeats that got me mad(f.e. this week i had a GRE attack me 8 times in a row, Horrow-extra turn-Slash proc 3 times-extra turn from AoF-Horrow-extra turn-Slash proc 3 times and a CG both stun and freeze all my team at once).
I'll gather a few shards and wait for the tuning update, then i will give PvP a shot again, until then i will spend all my SoW daily but i will be testing toons.

Ian
04-05-2017, 05:48 PM
Sorry for my late reply, i read your post but i was a bit busy with work this days and had no spare time to answer.
Almost all my defeats happen when i loose the toss and for 2 rounds i am taunted, stunned and frozen so there's nothing i can do.
I am aware of ways to counter those but i lack the necessary tools and toons to do it.
Add a few "bad luck" defeats that got me mad(f.e. this week i had a GRE attack me 8 times in a row, Horrow-extra turn-Slash proc 3 times-extra turn from AoF-Horrow-extra turn-Slash proc 3 times and a CG both stun and freeze all my team at once).
I'll gather a few shards and wait for the tuning update, then i will give PvP a shot again, until then i will spend all my SoW daily but i will be testing toons.

Hey no problem.

If you don't have something to provide immunity, then going against taunt-freeze-stun teams is going to end badly. Run through your list without attacking and if it's full of that sort of team, refresh - that often gets a slightly lower ranked list of teams, then do your battles first against teams you feel confident against, not just in the order they appear. If you wait to hit the harder teams on your list, by the time you face them, you should then have some win streak buffs which will help a lot.

Keep cherry picking battles to get iron coins and go for skill shards, with anything extra towards the legendary soul. Only buy rare souls if you have a big surplus of iron coins.

mjmxiii
04-06-2017, 07:24 AM
I keep seeing the congrats banner pop up in PvP and it's says Jofer, Nicko and FallenAngel but when I look at last weeks ranker it shows "alex" in the 3rd spot and FallenAngel in 4th... is my PvP ranker wrong or is Alex not seeing the love? Just wondering if I'm the only one who noticed or if it was already addressed.

Silentknight
04-06-2017, 09:31 AM
I keep seeing the congrats banner pop up in PvP and it's says Jofer, Nicko and FallenAngel but when I look at last weeks ranker it shows "alex" in the 3rd spot and FallenAngel in 4th... is my PvP ranker wrong or is Alex not seeing the love? Just wondering if I'm the only one who noticed or if it was already addressed.
Mine's right,shows Alex. Ur probably just a little behind...like ur Kings! Lol! mjmxiii=true fan!!!

Jofer16
04-06-2017, 12:16 PM

This happened to me once before too, I think it was the week Sag should have been on it but it showed the previous weeks standings all week instead.

mjmxiii
04-06-2017, 03:58 PM
Mine's right,shows Alex. Ur probably just a little behind...like ur Kings! Lol! mjmxiii=true fan!!!

Lol! I'm just glad I saw them raise the cup twice in my lifetime! Who knows when that will happen again! Do you remember the last time the Leafs even got close? I sure do! :p

Silentknight
04-06-2017, 06:14 PM
Lol! I'm just glad I saw them raise the cup twice in my lifetime! Who knows when that will happen again! Do you remember the last time the Leafs even got close? I sure do! :p

Last cup was year b4 I was born!

Jofer16
04-06-2017, 10:23 PM

Contemplating if i want to let Fallen take it this week, he's one of the few that hasn't hit me with the spite mallet lol I hacked the app's popup congratulatory message to create some foreshadowing mwahaha

Jofer16
04-06-2017, 10:24 PM

Watching the UMD/Harvard frozen four game now, bunch of buddies went to UMD, used to rip that town up! haha

Edit: games on ESPN2 right now, great one so far!

mjmxiii
04-06-2017, 10:51 PM
Contemplating if i want to let Fallen take it this week, he's one of the few that hasn't hit me with the spite mallet lol I hacked the app's popup congratulatory message to create some foreshadowing mwahaha

All I know is that I have been attacked by both of them since posting that 😃 ...oops lol

mjmxiii
04-06-2017, 10:57 PM

I'm telling you man, it's gonna happen sooner than later.. solid coach and management... excellent rookies... Their future is bright bud!

CanyptianFit
04-06-2017, 10:59 PM
I'm Canadian, and born a leafs fan, but became a Kings fan. I was in the building when the Kings won their first cup, something I'll never forget.

I also was in the building for game 6 of conference finals (the forum in LA) the last time the leafs were close to a cup, when they played the Kings in 93 when Gretzky was on the team and the Kings won it in 7 only to lose to the Canadiens in the cup finals....ah, the memories. ....

wait is this the hockey forum or the game forum?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p

Silentknight
04-06-2017, 11:07 PM
I'm Canadian, and born a leafs fan, but became a Kings fan. I was in the building when the Kings won their first cup, something I'll never forget.

I also was in the building for game 6 of conference finals (the forum in LA) the last time the leafs were close to a cup, when they played the Kings in 93 when Gretzky was on the team and the Kings won it in 7 only to lose to the Canadiens in the cup finals....ah, the memories. ....

wait is this the hockey forum or the game forum?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p

U mean when Gretzky high sticked Gilmour,cut him,no penalty & scored winning goal...that one!!! No that was game 7. Then swept by Habs,omfg!

mjmxiii
04-06-2017, 11:13 PM
Kinda passionate about both subjects sooo yeah..

"Gretzky..... SCORES!" :D

Great series...

anyway yeah back to PvP 👎 LOL

Silentknight
04-06-2017, 11:18 PM
Gawd these revenge limits suck! Not even refilling this week & they still suck! C'mon reset!

Jofer16
04-07-2017, 12:56 AM
Thanks to my fans for creating this image, I was wanting something of the sort but too lazy to create it, man the Facebook crying is amusing lol

Silentknight
04-07-2017, 01:09 AM
Thanks to my fans for creating this image, I was wanting something of the sort but too lazy to create it, man the Facebook crying is amusing

Why only 6? U take a week off???

Jofer16
04-07-2017, 01:14 AM

No, I have to set my whips climate control to an even number too, guess I appreciate symmetry haha

Sag7272
04-07-2017, 01:23 AM
No, I have to set my whips climate control to an even number too, guess I appreciate symmetry haha

You cut my week, just like the in game pop-up ;)

Nicko
04-07-2017, 02:47 AM

Actually - I took a week off. The guy was complaining Jofer and I are always in that banner - and I relaxed one week and finished five - so it didn't support his cause because my name wasn't in the banner.

The complaining really is bizarre - as if we're up there because we're Nodding Frogs buddies.

Silentknight
04-07-2017, 03:02 AM
Actually - I took a week off. The guy was complaining Jofer and I are always in that banner - and I relaxed one week and finished five - so it didn't support his cause because my name wasn't in the banner.

The complaining really is bizarre - as if we're up there because we're Nodding Frogs buddies.

Ah-ha,lol! Fu<kin Facebook! Who's post? Heh,heh,heh! U know Jofer's gunna do it this week & next week too! Ugh,my attacks against gunna be high again,lmao!

Silentknight
04-07-2017, 03:15 AM
Ah-ha,lol! Fu<kin Facebook! Who's post? Heh,heh,heh! U know Jofer's gunna do it this week & next week too! Ugh,my attacks against gunna be high again,lmao!

That's 2!!! In 15 min.

scott-5496
04-07-2017, 09:36 AM
The moaning about individuals doing well just goes with anything - people often find it difficult to accept that they are not as 'good' as someone else, even if it comes to a matter of they have more time/money or whatever. Just laugh it off as that is all it is worth in my opinion. There are a few folk who take things a little too far and really they just need to get a grip. It's a game and that is all. Try to fight ill health or poverty or war - that is worth spending some energy on hating.

One thing I have realised this week in my lofty status is that once you get closer to the top it gets easier - well it has for me this week for sure. That I am sure is game mechanics/RNG or whatever but what I do know now is that without doubt the top people have to put many, many hours in to get there. I know how much I play and how long it takes to do all my troopers and try to stay in the top 10 and it takes many hours to do this which shows a commitment that many of us cannot get near due to work/family/leisure (or so many other things) so really for folk to mump and moan about a person doing well and being at the top is just sour grapes.

These people are there for a number of reasons and that is it! If anyone with a semi decent attack team can play many hours every day on PVP they will get near the top - that is a fact....but you have to start somewhere decent at reset.

I really hope that there are some game fixes coming that helps with PVP mechanics - I really do, but until then everyone knows the score so live with it (for now) and lets see where PVP goes next as I am sure it will evolve more and hopefully to the betterment of the many over the few as in the end everyone will benefit if more people are competing.

Peace all!

Ian
04-07-2017, 11:03 AM
One thing I have realised this week in my lofty status is that once you get closer to the top it gets easier - well it has for me this week for sure. That I am sure is game mechanics/RNG or whatever but what I do know now is that without doubt the top people have to put many, many hours in to get there. I know how much I play and how long it takes to do all my troopers and try to stay in the top 10 and it takes many hours to do this which shows a commitment that many of us cannot get near due to work/family/leisure (or so many other things) so really for folk to mump and moan about a person doing well and being at the top is just sour grapes.

Top ranked players definitely have put in the hard work or cash, or both, I don't see how anyone can deny that. Frankly I am not willing to compromise my family, work, or other interests to that extent, not do I feel regular large investment is worth my money, so I don't expect to replicate the success at the top.
I don't have some premium characters, which might have made a climb up the ranks easier, and the random elements are often infuriating, but like poker, you must accept the lows and not get too excited by the highs. I think people do feel that these random things like which characters you pull, coin toss, or how often talismans proc, are what's holding them back, so moaning about that is to be expected, but you can't begrudge people who put in the effort to win.

mjmxiii
04-07-2017, 11:50 AM
The moaning about individuals doing well just goes with anything - people often find it difficult to accept that they are not as 'good' as someone else, even if it comes to a matter of they have more time/money or whatever. Just laugh it off as that is all it is worth in my opinion. There are a few folk who take things a little too far and really they just need to get a grip. It's a game and that is all. Try to fight ill health or poverty or war - that is worth spending some energy on hating.

Glad to have you as a trooper Scott... never understood why cats take out their frustrations on the dudes at the top of the ranker... super cool people who love the competition and the game... I said earlier that there are some great teams in the top 100 ranker.. OP chars or not it's not easy to be at the top and you gotta give credit to those who are there.

scott-5496
04-07-2017, 02:14 PM
Glad to have you as a trooper Scott... never understood why cats take out their frustrations on the dudes at the top of the ranker... super cool people who love the competition and the game... I said earlier that there are some great teams in the top 100 ranker.. OP chars or not it's not easy to be at the top and you gotta give credit to those who are there.

Cheers mjmxiii you are really solid trooper too. There are some great teams at all ranks and still get beat a lot as my defence is not great on hold rate - hence the need for attack after attack to stay where you are or get a little higher up. it's all good though and quite enjoying the challenge of being up near the top for a change!

In fact a big thanks to all my troopers - I get most of my 1250 badges each day and I thanks all my loyal helpers on this. I am fully committed to getting all my troopers their badges too - this is a good part of the game for me other than the odd MACLO (not had one of those for a couple of weeks at least - or PVTEI either) I do make sure I help my fellow troopers.

Oddly I actually got a Skill Shard this morning when I used your champ on a normal secret location on the first world....never had that before so maybe your toon brought me some good RNG luck on that one...cheers!

Tritium
04-07-2017, 06:34 PM
As with anything, haters gonna hate. :p The lazy folks who aren't willing to put in the effort to get to the top will inevitably attack the guys at the top and claim that they are cheating, have an unfair advantage, have the devs on their side, etc. These people, as in real life, should be ignored. They aren't worth any of our precious time! To quote Winston Churchill (he was great!): "You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks."

Silentknight
04-07-2017, 06:40 PM
As with anything, haters gonna hate. :p The lazy folks who aren't willing to put in the effort to get to the top will inevitably attack the guys at the top and claim that they are cheating, have an unfair advantage, have the devs on their side, etc. These people, as in real life, should be ignored. They aren't worth any of our precious time! To quote Winston Churchill (he was great!): "You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks."

Well said! Top 25 is constantly changing. Biggest requirement is time! I know players who want to be lower ranked than 25...it's called strategy. Seems to be a lot of 'entitlement' floating around!

Tridimensionale
04-07-2017, 07:13 PM

This. besides cryin like bitches is not Maiden style ;) Up the Irons

Aristo4
04-07-2017, 07:17 PM
So, who are those crying bitches? Start naming them.

Silentknight
04-07-2017, 07:26 PM
So, who are those crying bitches? Start naming them.

My opinion...anyone over 95% that is whining. Also,apparently Facebook!
Sry for all the attacks Tom,burning lists & u seem to be on all of em!

Aristo4
04-07-2017, 07:32 PM
My opinion...anyone over 95% that is whining.
Sry for all the attacks Tom,burning lists & u seem to be on all of em!

Everyone above 95% without the clown, either cherrypicks heavily, or just plays the game right...they just do it the hard way, thus this seems like 'whining' to you, while others just walk in the park.

BTW attack freely, i'll strike back with my (filled with other clowns team designed just to face gimps) stupid team:cool:

Silentknight
04-07-2017, 07:46 PM
Everyone above 95% without the clown, either cherrypicks heavily, or just plays the game right...they just do it the hard way, thus this seems like 'whining' to you, while others just walk in the park.

BTW attack freely, i'll strike back with my (filled with other clowns team designed just to face gimps) stupid team:cool:

Walk in the park? Guess we're playing different games or maybe I'm just stupid! My own fault for not playing the generic 4. As well as playing the game 'wrong'.

Aristo4
04-07-2017, 07:57 PM
Walk in the park? Guess we're playing different games or maybe I'm just stupid! My own fault for not playing the generic 4. As well as playing the game 'wrong'.

I wasn't necessarily talking about you, but if most good prisoner teams average 95%, then you maybe did sth wrong the weeks you said u had 78,82, and 86% attack. Maybe you didn't pay too much attention dunno.Nicko admitted he always rushed through lists very easily, and I can tell you of many others who are at 99/100%.

I myself can never cross 92% and cherrypick as much as the lists permit me...if I took on everybody i'd have 80% or less, since playing vs siege is brutal.

Silentknight
04-07-2017, 11:04 PM
I wasn't necessarily talking about you, but if most good prisoner teams average 95%, then you maybe did sth wrong the weeks you said u had 78,82, and 86% attack. Maybe you didn't pay too much attention dunno.Nicko admitted he always rushed through lists very easily, and I can tell you of many others who are at 99/100%.

I myself can never cross 92% and cherrypick as much as the lists permit me...if I took on everybody i'd have 80% or less, since playing vs siege is brutal.

Didn't do anything wrong. Nor would I lie about my numbers. My strategy has never been a secret. Attack higher ranks,imo that's how ur supposed to play. Hate burning lists & think cherrypicking is for cowards. Obviously lots have figured out how to deal with prisoner teams,including yourself. But even with all the prisoner hunting strategies,talismans,98% win rate & impending nerf it's still not enough for some & that is pathetic no matter how you look at it.