PDA

View Full Version : App hanging?

Sevillo
08-02-2016, 11:25 PM
Is anyone else having the same issue?

The app just shows the loading pic but never gets to the game?

jpmusic
08-03-2016, 12:42 AM
Welcome to the Facebook login bug.

Sevillo
08-03-2016, 03:31 AM
So annoying >(

I created my account with my email at the beginning, then later logged my Facebook account. Could I just not use Facebook anymore?

The checkbox is read only it seems. The app has become obnoxiously buggy.

jpmusic
08-03-2016, 03:36 AM
I tried, believe me... You can't separate your accounts for now. I know it sucks, but until the bug gets fixed there's not much you can do :( email support to see if they can help you manually.

Sevillo
08-03-2016, 02:35 PM
The game has become completely unplayable. After finishing any stage, it just shows Eddie and allies standing in there, it won't even show allot rewards. I have to uninstall and reinstall to make it work for only one time. I have written support but no reply yet

:(

Flann
08-03-2016, 03:16 PM
Welcome to the Facebook login bug.

LOL. That's about right!

Sevillo
08-03-2016, 03:52 PM
Hahah, so encouraging. I'm at the mercy of bug fixers.

Just a day after I made my first purchase, this issue started to pop up, what a way to welcome ma money.

Sting313
08-03-2016, 04:13 PM
Request a refund through your supplier.

There is no customer service.

I've had this problem for a week with no help or public notice or update.

Some have had it since release.

Unfortunately maiden partnered with an game creator that can't handle the customer service aspect for a fan base this large.

Hank
08-03-2016, 04:36 PM
I've been having this problem too. What about if I login to Facebook and de-auth the game?

Sevillo
08-03-2016, 04:54 PM
That won't work Hank, I've tried that already, no dice

Sevillo
08-03-2016, 04:57 PM
What you mean by my supplier? Apple Store ? Is that an actual thing?

I'll ask right away.

Hank
08-03-2016, 07:23 PM
That won't work Hank, I've tried that already, no dice

First off let me say that I don't work for the game devs and I don't work for Apple or Google. I'm just a player of this game so if you follow what I've done and something unexpected happens I can't be held responsible for it. If you follow anything I've written here then you do so using your own best judgement and entirely by your own responsibility. Also read the updates I've added below as well.

I've just fixed mine but the fix I've discovered may not work for everyone. When I started the game I created my account with an email sign-in and then linked Facebook afterwards. If you went straight for creating your account using your Facebook account then this may not work for you. FYI I'm an Android user.

Fix for email sign-in
1. Login to the Facebook website and de-auth Legacy of the Beast (brief how-to below)
2. Uninstall Legacy of the Beast (remember the game is an "online" game so your progress is stored on the servers and not on your Android\iOS device)
3. Re-install Legacy of the Beast
4. Login and when prompted to link your Facebook account simply don't do it. The game will prompt you to link Facebook every time you login but you don't have to.

For those of you who created your account with your Facebook account the best I can say is try it. If the “Facebook login bug” as we’re calling it is caused by any communications with Facebook then it won’t work. If, however, the issue is caused only by the actions the game takes after it’s been “linked” to Facebook then this may work.

How to de-auth Legacy of the Beast on your Facebook account
1. Login to Facebook
2. Click the small down arrow at the right hand side of the bar that runs along the top of the page (this should open a menu)
3. Choose Settings
4. From the menu on the left hand side click on Apps
5. Click the “X” next to the Legacy of the Beast app which should then break the Facebook link with the app

UPDATE 1 - I've logged in and out a few times and played a number of battles and all seems to be working fine.

UPDATE 2 - I've logged in again, completed the secret battle for the Battlefields. After giving me the rewards the game seems to have forgotten that I've completed ANY missions at all. I closed the game, restarted it and now it seems to be hanging after I press START on the title screen. I'm gonna continue troubleshooting to see if I can fix it.

UPDATE 3 - Uninstalled the game. Re-installed the game. Signed in OK and all my progress was back. Picked the first battle in the Underworld on normal (furthest progress for me) and ran the battle without any issues but the game got stuck after the reward chest appeared where your characters give the final scream. Re-launching the game brings me back to the problem where it won't finish loading the game (blue progress bar).

Sevillo
08-04-2016, 01:35 AM
First off let me say that I don't work for the game devs and I don't work for Apple or Google. I'm just a player of this game so if you follow what I've done and something unexpected happens I can't be held responsible for it. If you follow anything I've written here then you do so using your own best judgement and entirely by your own responsibility. Also read the updates I've added below as well.

I've just fixed mine but the fix I've discovered may not work for everyone. When I started the game I created my account with an email sign-in and then linked Facebook afterwards. If you went straight for creating your account using your Facebook account then this may not work for you. FYI I'm an Android user.

Fix for email sign-in
1. Login to the Facebook website and de-auth Legacy of the Beast (brief how-to below)
2. Uninstall Legacy of the Beast (remember the game is an "online" game so your progress is stored on the servers and not on your Android\iOS device)
3. Re-install Legacy of the Beast
4. Login and when prompted to link your Facebook account simply don't do it. The game will prompt you to link Facebook every time you login but you don't have to.

For those of you who created your account with your Facebook account the best I can say is try it. If the “Facebook login bug” as we’re calling it is caused by any communications with Facebook then it won’t work. If, however, the issue is caused only by the actions the game takes after it’s been “linked” to Facebook then this may work.

How to de-auth Legacy of the Beast on your Facebook account
1. Login to Facebook
2. Click the small down arrow at the right hand side of the bar that runs along the top of the page (this should open a menu)
3. Choose Settings
4. From the menu on the left hand side click on Apps
5. Click the “X” next to the Legacy of the Beast app which should then break the Facebook link with the app

UPDATE 1 - I've logged in and out a few times and played a number of battles and all seems to be working fine.

UPDATE 2 - I've logged in again, completed the secret battle for the Battlefields. After giving me the rewards the game seems to have forgotten that I've completed ANY missions at all. I closed the game, restarted it and now it seems to be hanging after I press START on the title screen. I'm gonna continue troubleshooting to see if I can fix it.

UPDATE 3 - Uninstalled the game. Re-installed the game. Signed in OK and all my progress was back. Picked the first battle in the Underworld on normal (furthest progress for me) and ran the battle without any issues but the game got stuck after the reward chest appeared where your characters give the final scream. Re-launching the game brings me back to the problem where it won't finish loading the game (blue progress bar).

I've tried all those steps and got the same results as you. This is becoming quite annoying. I've written support with details, but no reply.

Beeboo
08-04-2016, 01:37 AM
Happens to me also, never signed in to Facebook though.

Sting313
08-04-2016, 02:09 AM
Yes if you ask Apple Store or google play to refund because you aren't being provided with customer service they will refund your money.