PDA

View Full Version : What is the point of Revenge?

Ian
04-04-2017, 04:23 PM
Why is it even a thing? As I often see the same names every few days I noticed some people seem to be taking attacks personally and are obsessed with revenging every attack that comes their way, but as there is no limit to attack lists, why bother?

Personally I think my SoT is better used to clear my attack list and get the 2 "cash back" sands at the end. I hardly touch my defence list at all.

So what am I missing, what is the deal with revenging?

gmac
04-04-2017, 04:41 PM
Why is it even a thing? As I often see the same names every few days I noticed some people seem to be taking attacks personally and are obsessed with revenging every attack that comes their way, but as there is no limit to attack lists, why bother?

Personally I think my SoT is better used to clear my attack list and get the 2 "cash back" sands at the end. I hardly touch my defence list at all.

So what am I missing, what is the deal with revenging?

Yeah, that is broken!

I sometimes use the 2 extra SoW to revenge people at the top for the points, but that is it.

Tritium
04-04-2017, 06:38 PM
The only thing I use revenge for is to hit guys who will give me a lot of points (18+ usually). I don't bother revenging anyone else. Also, I generally only do this when the attack lists I receive are utter crap where more than half of the guys have 150+ less points than me. In such cases, I'm generally better off not attacking them as I've noticed that people in that range seem to revenge me nearly every time I hit them (cue the frustration here even more if I manage to lose going 2nd against a taunt team in that point range and fight them again and win ─ only to have them revenge me twice for it and lose a ton of points overall).

JJJ428
04-04-2017, 08:33 PM
How do you know if its worth it to revenge some one or not. The only way I know is if I check the top 100 ranking and recognize a name and even then I don't bother 90% of the time. Is there some way to see someones standing from your defense list I am missing? I rather not ever revenge anyone far below my standing because its not worth it and will cost me more points in the long run.

Tritium
04-04-2017, 10:02 PM
How do you know if its worth it to revenge some one or not. The only way I know is if I check the top 100 ranking and recognize a name and even then I don't bother 90% of the time. Is there some way to see someones standing from your defense list I am missing? I rather not ever revenge anyone far below my standing because its not worth it and will cost me more points in the long run.

Yup, that's exactly how I do it. I normally hover in the top 100s throughout the week (and get inevitably raped on Saturday), so I check the rankings to know who to hit. Also, if Nicko or Jofer attack me, I'll know for certain that a revenge there will net me 20 points (sorry to both of ya! :p).

jknutelski
04-05-2017, 02:13 AM
So, I've noticed the Saturday night rape fest, also. WTF??? It's like I can plan on 150 to 250 points shot to hell if I don't log in and make some bank!!!! Does ANYONE play during the week???? LMAO!!!!! I do and then its like the best guess on how much I lose when the tally goes up at the end. Weekends I'm busy.

DEVS - maybe base part (half) of the rewardsl on the highest rank acheived during the week to encourage play through the week instead of the feeding frenzy 4 hours to close of business.......

Askora
04-05-2017, 03:36 AM
I normally reserve my revenges for those who revenge on a hold.

Silentknight
04-05-2017, 09:41 AM

Lol, luv it!!! Sounds like a plan,nice strategy Askora!

scott-5496
04-05-2017, 10:40 AM
I have no fixed plan on revenge but as of this week I revenge anyone above me if I can.

DaveMurray
04-05-2017, 10:47 AM

I do exactly the same thing and wait for them to revenge again, maybe grab a few more points.

Ian
04-05-2017, 05:37 PM
I don't usually revenge much, not on a hold certainly. Earlier today someone I lost to actually did revenge me, and my defence held! Serves him right for being a knob!