PDA

View Full Version : New member

Camel
04-06-2017, 10:24 PM
Hello everyone, New member here just introducing myself and asking about how my RNGesus is treating me. Been playing less than a week but I'm always fast to join the forum community when I realize I may be addicted to a game.

I'd like to ask if I'm doing things right, RNGesus has given me two 5* Nomads and a 4* Carrier rider Eddie. For CRE I'm rocking a freeze set of talismans as well as a green set boosting HP and special. The nomads each have a green talisman set for boosting health and then a red strength sets and a fire talisman set (each type boosts HP and attack stats, then defence/MR as the third stat boosted)

Campaign seems to be going smooth, I'm on the beast in normal mode and I'm pretty sure CRE's fury skill should take care of his kneeling mode (he trashed me earlier, but I was distracted by small children)

I've got a few other Eddie's I plan on leveling, Fear of the Dark Eddie, Mummy Eddie, FTL Eddie.... I've pulled about 8 Eddie's and haven't even maxed CRE yet lol, as for Allies the only other ones I've really leveled is one of those angels who's passive gives my team an extra turn (which is awesome, but I love those nomads)

What other Eddie's and Allies should I be looking for? And also, is a unit weaker initially when you evolve them because of the level loss?

Jofer16
04-06-2017, 10:28 PM
Hello everyone, New member here just introducing myself and asking about how my RNGesus is treating me. Been playing less than a week but I'm always fast to join the forum community when I realize I may be addicted to a game.

I'd like to ask if I'm doing things right, RNGesus has given me two 5* Nomads and a 4* Carrier rider Eddie. For CRE I'm rocking a freeze set of talismans as well as a green set boosting HP and special. The nomads each have a green talisman set for boosting health and then a red strength sets and a fire talisman set (each type boosts HP and attack stats, then defence/MR as the third stat boosted)

Campaign seems to be going smooth, I'm on the beast in normal mode and I'm pretty sure CRE's fury skill should take care of his kneeling mode (he trashed me earlier, but I was distracted by small children)

I've got a few other Eddie's I plan on leveling, Fear of the Dark Eddie, Mummy Eddie, FTL Eddie.... I've pulled about 8 Eddie's and haven't even maxed CRE yet lol, as for Allies the only other ones I've really leveled is one of those angels who's passive gives my team an extra turn (which is awesome, but I love those nomads)

What other Eddie's and Allies should I be looking for? And also, is a unit weaker initially when you evolve them because of the level loss?

I have yet to land a Nomad so I'd say you're doing pretty well on the RNGesus front, jealous! :)

Camel
04-06-2017, 10:32 PM
At first I was upset, I've only pulled two 5 star units and it was a duplicate!! But they buff each other, it's absolutely absurd. CRE heals himself or whole team so I feel I got lucky getting these so early

CanyptianFit
04-06-2017, 10:48 PM
Very lucky indeed. Took me many months before I got a 5*, and my first was one I evolved, my soldier Eddie.

Regarding toons to collect, just so happens today Nerada posted a great beginners guide and it has some good guidance on that.

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5213-Beginner-s-Guide-v-1

cheers!

Chaosego888
04-06-2017, 10:55 PM
At first I was upset, I've only pulled two 5 star units and it was a duplicate!! But they buff each other, it's absolutely absurd. CRE heals himself or whole team so I feel I got lucky getting these so earlyAngel of Fear, The Nomad with Soldier or Carriage Rider is an Awesome grinding team. I tried finding troopers with Nomads in the early days. It took me until the Halloween event to get one so Yeah, your luck is pretty stellar!

Chaosego888
04-06-2017, 10:58 PM
I have yet to land a Nomad so I'd say you're doing pretty well on the RNGesus front, jealous! :) Damn man! I can't believe you don't have one. You just need to save those Legendary Souls for a few months and open all at once, You'll get one.

mjmxiii
04-06-2017, 11:08 PM
Who would you rather have, Nomad or CG? Don't have either but wouldn't mind both!

Jofer16
04-06-2017, 11:12 PM
Who would you rather have, Nomad or CG? Don't have either but wouldn't mind both!

I do have 2 CGs though :) It seems I get blessed with repetition, the same good characters over and over but still missing a ton.

mjmxiii
04-06-2017, 11:20 PM
I do have 2 CGs though :) It seems I get blessed with repetition, the same good characters over and over but still missing a ton.

I notice that too man, once you pull a rare char, it tends to drop more often.. I've pulled three AGs but zero CG and Nomads.

Welcome to the party btw Cam

Camel
04-07-2017, 12:24 AM
Thx mjm, seems any game without guild/chat system always has a rather involved forum scene 😁

I'll lend a vote to the idea that rare pulls like to be duplicates, seeing as how my only 5*'s we're the same

So far the pay wall doesn't seem bad, I merely got the 2 starter packs (regular and legend) and already feel the in app purchase love

treeb0mbb
04-07-2017, 02:18 AM
Oh Camel please touch me so I can have your luck. Been pulling souls nonstop since December and only got a couple of "decent" toons nothing over the top.

Chaosego888
04-07-2017, 03:54 AM
I like the Nomad better but the Corrupt General is the character I hate to see the most in PvP now. I finally got one of those finally when sacrifice arrived and pulled another from a Legendary Soul 2 days later... Funny how everyone has the same experience with it taking forever to get one then they show up often after.

mjmxiii
04-07-2017, 05:24 AM
I like the Nomad better but the Corrupt General is the character I hate to see the most in PvP now. I finally got one of those finally when sacrifice arrived and pulled another from a Legendary Soul 2 days later... Funny how everyone has the same experience with it taking forever to get one then they show up often after.

Damn... lucky dude! I've opened so many souls since Sacrifice went live and since last August and no CG lol... told myself when I started that I would play til he popped up... still here :p thought it would be easy, it's not.

Ian
04-07-2017, 09:11 AM
Welcome, Camel. Seems you have had very good luck - I have been playing for 10 months or so and still no CRE or CG (never did get why they changed the name from Axis Commander...).

I only have one Nomad but he is awesome for most of the campaign especially once you put some skill shards on him.

Patrice-1201
04-07-2017, 09:46 AM
First: Welcome to the party and yes you're not far off when you talk about addiction ;-)

You have also been extremely lucky so it looks like you are well equipped to move up the ranks and will have no issues in PVE ;-)

Same thing here though, once I finally got my CG then I got another 4, same things with Aces High and Samurai they keep appearing after red eyes but no luck with some other toons ;-)

Camel
04-07-2017, 04:39 PM
I read somewhere that true damage takes into account attack and magic stats when applying damage, can anyone verify whether that's true? If so it seems those assassin talismans would be clutch on my nomads...

Reading the beginners section it seems units who are summoned at a higher star count retain better stats than those summoned at lower Star levels and evolved, so with the exception of mummy I'll be focusing on my natural 4/5 star units for a while i think

Camel
04-07-2017, 04:41 PM
Oh Camel please touch me so I can have your luck. Been pulling souls nonstop since December and only got a couple of "decent" toons nothing over the top.

Have you tried sacrificing a goat or a small child before summoning? That always works for me, though my landlord gives me funny looks when he catches me in the act

Ian
04-07-2017, 04:45 PM
Have you tried sacrificing a goat or a small child before summoning? That always works for me, though my landlord gives me funny looks when he catches me in the act

Better sacrifice the landlord too...

Rodrigo-3281
04-07-2017, 05:45 PM
Nice toons you got there. I've been playing since the game launched and I've been after a Nomad since the beginning. I actually sacrificed 12 Warrior Souls yesterday (I'm after a Hellhound and Troll too) and got nothing of value. The RNG Gods just don't like me no matter what I do.

mjmxiii
04-07-2017, 11:20 PM
I read somewhere that true damage takes into account attack and magic stats when applying damage, can anyone verify whether that's true? If so it seems those assassin talismans would be clutch on my nomads...

Reading the beginners section it seems units who are summoned at a higher star count retain better stats than those summoned at lower Star levels and evolved, so with the exception of mummy I'll be focusing on my natural 4/5 star units for a while i think

Hey dude, if no one answered this for you that is a yes! True damage is scaled from both MAG and ATK. It also ignores the same stats on the char you're attacking. So you might notice looking at other teams that everyone will keep the Assassin Golden Son on hand and fully maxed and two are better than one.

I believe your Nomad is true damage and should definitely be maxed up. The Warrior Troll is also an excellent char to have and should be sought after by everyone. RNG can be cruel so be real happy to have such excellent luck and hope that it continues. Chars with passives tend to be more useful but there are some exceptions to that.

There are some excellent tools in the guides section of the forum. Take a look at it and you'll find how damage works in detail and a maxed chars list that shows passives and a lot more.. again welcome and one thing super cool about the community is everyone is really helpful! Ask and someone always tends to jump in and help.

Cheers bro