PDA

View Full Version : Week 9 of PVP - Statistics and Discussions

Patrice-1201
04-09-2017, 08:46 AM
Same old same old for me...

Nicko
04-09-2017, 03:02 PM
Thanks for getting this started Patrice!

I'm hoping Jofer pipes in this week. Congrats on muscling up to number one sans Gimp! I know in the April update post he made some comments about his experience if anyone missed them. They echoed what friends have told me - when you don't have a Prisoner, Siege is a bigger obstacle than Passive Aggression from the Prisoner.

Jofer - did you find you lost more? Moved slower? Did you cherry pick at all? How were your Holds affected?

So much talk back and forth about how much of a difference he makes - very cool you accepted the challenge.

"Mid April" is right around the corner - so much of this may be changing anyway...

As far as stats, mine were:

Number of Attacks: 489

Number of times Attacked: 194

Ratio: 0.40

Since the update the number of attacks on me has really fallen - and what a difference it makes. It takes away that "two steps forward - three steps backward" feeling.

I still continue to champion a change in the way losses affect points because of players like Patrice above. It's grueling when you're heavily attacked. I posted that last week and in the update thread - there was very little discussion on it - so I may be in the minority on this.

Weather is getting nicer here in Chicago- gorgeous today - have tickets for the Cubs next Saturday - so staying PvP focused will be a bit more challenging ;). I'm actually looking forward to the update to shake things up a bit - they always renew my interest.

Thanks all!

Thedarkness
04-09-2017, 03:35 PM
I have read a few people calling for losses not to cost you points.

I originally suggested that instead your holds should be rewarded differently back in beta before i had played pvp. After playing now i think that one sow per hold would be a great solution. Completely solves the issue of the game now rewarding you for receiving less attacks instead of a good hold rate.

Sparton has said he worries that their point tier system would become irrelevant, but it already is. The top 5-7 players completely dominate in terms if the share of points. They anticipated it would take around 2500 pts to get first place (they onviously didnt anticipate Jofer), a lot of players get to certain tiers now without placing high enough to get good rewards as is, so just give out rewards by simple rank number.

As a lowly top 100 regular it also feels pretty dissapointing to get back less ironite than you put in to pvp plus three worthless rare souls. Give me some skill shards.

Sid-2370

Aristo4
04-09-2017, 03:39 PM

Benefited mainly from almost no attacks on me first 2-3 days (like 150 attacks/less than 50 defences), which allowed me to go up there on the 2300's and for the rest of the week just kept the ratio at 1:1 to stay where I was while attacks on me started to pick up very fast.

Defence naturally went down, and also maybe those I held were drunk/crashed...had celebrations when I had 1 hold :P

Made top 50 literally in the last minute, to enjoy 5 crappy souls :cool:

rider
04-09-2017, 03:41 PM
My stats:
Attacks : 210/220 (95%)
Defenses: 44/310 (14%)
Ratio: 1.4
Finished 1272nd with 1850 points

The last updates works definitly, previosly got attacked only 35-55 times in the whole week, and now over 300 :D
This made also the difference in the final score, previosly finished always in top 30 even with much worse win/def percentage

Ezz
04-09-2017, 03:58 PM
Attacks: (198/211) 94%
Defends: (86/370) 23%
1996 points for 301st place

Pretty much like this for me every week. Have now accepted I will never compete with a defend/attack ratio of 1.75.

slauki
04-09-2017, 04:30 PM
The Lists are broken as always, they are way to narrow and most people in the top 10 ranks should benefit from that, that's my theory at least. I was in the top 50 range the whole week and i NEVER saw one of the top 5 guys. No jofer no fallen angel no nicko and so on not sure about top 10 guys either. Mostly lowranks on every refresh list so they should widen the matchmaking range so that more player above you are shown. That makes me belive that the point difference is a bigger factor for matchmaking than the ranks. It would be great if some top 10 guys post at least the numer of attacks they suffered.

So for now rush early to the top and stay there easily could be the way to go. But i won't participate in that game, because i don't care that much for ranks and this sytem buggs me since day one..

I tried my best only one fucking crash vs. crown royal ruined my flawless victory...was really mad as it happened :P

Silentknight
04-09-2017, 05:12 PM
The Lists are broken as always, they are way to narrow and most people in the top 10 ranks should benefit from that, that's my theory at least. I was in the top 50 range the whole week and i NEVER saw one of the top 5 guys. No jofer no fallen angel no nicko and so on not sure about top 10 guys either. Mostly lowranks on every refresh list so they should widen the matchmaking range so that more player above you are shown. That makes me belive that the point difference is a bigger factor for matchmaking than the ranks. It would be great if some top 10 guys post at least the numer of attacks they suffered.

So for now rush early to the top and stay there easily could be the way to go. But i won't participate in that game, because i don't care that much for ranks and this sytem buggs me since day one..

I tried my best only one fucking crash vs. crown royal ruined my flawless victory...was really mad as it happened :P

Ditto,except for the stats,lol

RCarter
04-09-2017, 05:37 PM
155 attacks
209 defends

I knew last weeks 58 defends was too good to last...lol

Tritium
04-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Attack: 204
Defense: 285
Ratio: 1.40%

Not as bad as last week I guess. I REALLY felt the pain of blue bat teams this week. Nearly all of my losses were to blue bat taunt teams. It's getting to the point where I almost get angry that people use such teams haha, but I know I can't truly blame them for picking a winning strategy. I still refuse to place my Mummy in my defense. That OP natural 3* toon can rot for all I care. :p

I'm still hoping the April update comes sooner rather than later. I can't wait to try out some strategies I've had in my head for a while now, but that Prisoner and blue bat would currently nullify.

Make PVP Require Strategy Again (instead of ridiculous luck-based teams that require no effort!).

mjmxiii
04-09-2017, 06:49 PM
I have mixed thoughts on the AoP chatter going on early this week. I have a Blue Bat on defense, but would never use him on offense. Reason being is that most folks have the green/gimp team going on and that tends to be a death sentence for him.

Now, facing him on defense does not seem like too much of an issue if you have a Prisoner or if you don't, when going first (at least for me). I like my defense but it is not unbeatable and definitely not OP. I went 19/98 for a 19% hold ratio this week. The coming update will definitely lower that number.

I actually got higher on the ranker this week thanks to being attacked far less than normal and using all 10 SoW daily and clearing lists when possible. Sometimes I get caught up revenging and waste SoW. Attacked 161 times and ended in the 59 spot.

Still don't see the PvP reward being worth the effort as I had to refill SoW in the last hours a couple times to stay in the tier. Got 3 rare souls and some ironite back. All were dupes and I knew they would be. I have more ironite than I did before by maybe 100, but not very motivating for an every week appearrance tbh. Bragging rights don't appeal like an Eternal Soul fragment or something collectable would.

Like everyone else's broken record, mine is still stuck on an intentionally flawed points system designed to make you refill SoW/ironite to really get ahead and pull away from the pack. Needs a fix that probably won't ever happen. Something like that would not be too beneficial for NF. Also would be more motivating if the Frog were less "Reward Nazi" with the arena store! The once a week/month lockdown is very, "No soup for you!"

iPoop
04-09-2017, 06:57 PM
ATT: 55
DEF: 177

Ratio: 3.2

Ian
04-09-2017, 07:00 PM
Attacks made: 210
Defended: 270
Rank 87

No Prisoner.

Still a little lopsided on times I had to defend versus attacks made, but not too far off. Lists were absolutely littered with very similar defence teams and with no gimp, I ended up cherry-picking a bit to avoid everything coming down to luck, and also avoiding my troopers. Kept seeing the same names over and over which makes me wonder how many players are actually still bothering.

Chaosego888
04-09-2017, 08:04 PM
After seeing how Nicko's attacks against dropped way off last week, I decided to climb into top 10 last Sunday to see if I would benefit from being closer to the top. I was able to maintain top 15 all week playing 30 or so battles per day. There is some truth to what Askora was saying last week about how you play the game. That being said, everyone won't benefit the same I don't think. I got away from revenges also, probably only revenged 20 or so all week when I saw someone new on my defense list. I try not to attack troopers but a lot of times you refresh list and the same players are there again. I only had 2 players ahead of me show up once each for the last 3 days before reset. The point system drastically needs to be fixed. I understand it is designed to keep players closer together but losing 20 points for a loss because someone is ranked 80th is ridiculous. Just because they haven't worked their way up the ranks, teams at the back are by no means inferior.

Attacks 411
Defenses 125
Rank 7

Ringe666-7406
04-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Тhe point system drastically needs to be fixed. I understand it is designed to keep players closer together but losing 20 points for a loss because someone is ranked 80th is ridiculous. Just because they haven't worked their way up the ranks, teams at the back are by no means inferior.

This. All the time, on every post. Too bad everyone out there refuse to see it.

The other thing is, I also believed that fast run on Sunday helps for being attacked less, but I cannot think like that anymore... 2-3 weeks ago I made a quick run just to be put down drastically while I slept (shame on me for sleeping), and this week, I just kept waking up to 5-4-2 attacks over night on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, although I wasn't so high in ranks. I could not believe and feast my eyes with that balloon saying 2 on Tuesday. That was the main reason for me to push it for the top 5, to seize this unique opportunity. My def ratio was slightly less this week, but that difference of holding 70/losing 300 and holding 5/losing 100 (made up numbers to get to the point) is what grants you most of your points. 200 battles more lost by Artificial Idiotism, even if they were 12pts each is still 2400. Just my 0.02$. See ya all in the ring guys :D \m/

Caretaker
04-09-2017, 09:58 PM
Here u go! I made Sunday and Monday run tearing trough lists and loosing a lot of matches just to be on top. After that it has been a cruise.

@Tritium - it's the SSD that bugs you :p

This was taken prior to reset so comparison can be made with previous week.
So this week I was crippling around 15th and the week before around 25th. And I was not here for 12h and got back online 1h before the reset. Only 5 attacks, 2 of which were revenges.

Note the difference. Tops do not get attacked, only revenged. Enough said.

PerthEddie
04-09-2017, 10:50 PM
Attack: 96% (86/90)
Defence: 20% (32/157)
Ratio: 1.74

Well it looks like the list tuning has finally caught up with me. Cherry picked my backside off again and will do in the future. No interest in rank so I am manipulating the system to suit my goal of iron coins. I did get hung up about the amount of defence losses I was getting but stuff it now. I can't control poor AI and RNG so got to get on with it.

gmac
04-09-2017, 10:52 PM
Last week

Attacked 316
Got Attacked 260

Decided to go early this week to check if that makes a difference, on list names and attacks received.

Have stayed top 5 all day today, so far it's the same, no Nicko, Jofer, FallenAngel on my list. And got attacked this week alone 61 times so far.

So, I guess the matchmaking is still bugged as hell.

Cheers
Gmac

Chaosego888
04-09-2017, 10:53 PM
This. All the time, on every post. Too bad everyone out there refuse to see it.

The other thing is, I also believed that fast run on Sunday helps for being attacked less, but I cannot think like that anymore... 2-3 weeks ago I made a quick run just to be put down drastically while I slept (shame on me for sleeping), and this week, I just kept waking up to 5-4-2 attacks over night on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, although I wasn't so high in ranks. I could not believe and feast my eyes with that balloon saying 2 on Tuesday. That was the main reason for me to push it for the top 5, to seize this unique opportunity. My def ratio was slightly less this week, but that difference of holding 70/losing 300 and holding 5/losing 100 (made up numbers to get to the point) is what grants you most of your points. 200 battles more lost by Artificial Idiotism, even if they were 12pts each is still 2400. Just my 0.02$. See ya all in the ring guys :D \m/Same here man... tried a few weeks ago and went from 2500+ to below 1800 in 16 hours... I only tried again because I saw Nicko's post last week... Caretaker is dead on about few attacks, mostly revenges... Go Gmac, hope it works for you too...

BG840
04-10-2017, 12:10 AM
ATK 142/169
DEF 9/44

Figured I would try for the warlord Achievement after reset since maybe most would be taking a break. Wednesday I got it and knowing the last minute charge would be inevitable crossed my fingers that maybe for once I would place in the top 100. Finished in the top 50. Doubt I see anything close this week since in the first 22hrs I've already been attacked 43 times.

Askora
04-10-2017, 02:29 AM
My stats for last week, 167 Attacks/83 Defends. Final points 2152 and rank of 170.

The bigger question is how well I'll do this week since I seem to be plagued with bugs last night and today. I've had the defense go two times in a row in two separate battles. I've had the defense's GRE do Horrow, Slash, Horrow, Slash, Horrow and a final Slash to kill one of my team. Good thing he had a red bat so he got to go again. My death dog stunned himself for two rounds when he killed a warrior troll, the only battle out of all of those I managed to win. My favorite has to be the one where my death dog was marked and killed by my SGS healing. I know that happens, but he was a true trooper and dragged his corpse across the arena to make one more attack. That bug I've seen in pve and reported. GRE gets marked and healed to death, completely disappears but get to use his Dance of the Dead and revive the team. He still attacks, just not visible at all.

Askora
04-10-2017, 03:46 AM
Now a Magus Golden Son, who already revived himself. From almost dead fully heals himself when frozen and stunned, twice. It's going to be an interesting week.

Kutte
04-10-2017, 07:29 AM
Attack: 278
Defense: 309

i always go straight from top to bottom without cherrypicking or refreshing. no prisoner or grimreaper.
Always the same names with low points on the list. The only users with higher points were from the revenge lists with a very few exceptions.

My defense went down to 0% this week but thats fine since i really don't care anymore.
Mechanics are questionable, bugs en masse, no AI on defense teams and a single 3* dupe as weekly "reward".

I hope that the next patch will solve at least some problems

zdm-1083
04-10-2017, 11:05 AM
255 attacks
341 defenses

Ratio: 0.75

I ended #84, thanks to newly found Troll that multiply my holds by 2 :o
I would say that's a bit annoying to be attack by people that never show up in attack list.

Wait... That's was my case before XD

konstifik
04-10-2017, 11:16 AM
Not a single loss, offensive or defensive, during last week.
8/8 on attack and 0/0 on defense.

Also noted a small bug. The last week tab on the statistic splash screen shows defensive stats from the week before last week.

Chrismo
04-10-2017, 12:18 PM
Here's mine, if of interest (Chris-7217). My defence team has stayed the same for about three weeks now - Pharaoh Eddie, Purple GS, Green ABB, Prisoner. I rarely change my attackers to match the opposition just because I'm too lazy to faff around - my attackers are GR Eddie, Blue Corrupt Rescuer, Green ABB and Prisoner.

Liebhild
04-10-2017, 12:56 PM

That list is so LOL.

As far as I remember 2-3 refills and the daily SoW.

scott-5496
04-10-2017, 02:38 PM
Got to number 11 - was quite far from 10 and lost the will to grind for another two hours!

371 attacks (99%)
185 defences (20%)

My best ratio ever by a very long way. Though on reset I started a lot higher so I was better able to quickly get into the top 20 and stay there day to day. It was a real grind though and I cant see me doing that many attacks again but you never know.

Enti
04-10-2017, 03:20 PM
My stats for the week are:

Attack 286
Defense 221

From Sunday - Friday it's usually quiet until I burn my 10 SoW - then ~1.00 ratio catches up pretty quickly. As I can get to top 25 relatively easy, I usually go for that on Saturday, generally last two hours. I honestly feel anything above King III is just a waste of ironite as the additional rewards are not that high compared to the investment.

And for the record, I experienced the same as many explained, that top players are not/seldom appearing on the list.

Curious about what the update will bring, but I'm just getting tired of PVP with this point/matchmaking system. Might just go with the flock and use only the recharged SoW

calizario
04-10-2017, 07:13 PM
My Stats

Atk - 455
Def - 137 (80%revenge) :D

Rodrigo-3281
04-10-2017, 07:59 PM
My stats:

Attack: 123/144 (85%)
Defense: 20/124 (16%)

On Saturday I was in line to Warlord II rewards but I completely forgot to get back in in that last hour or so (been playing a LOT of Breath of the Wild) and so I dropped to Warlord III. Overall I was happy with my results.

Does anybody else get a bug in PvP where the games seems to "skip" or "hiccup" for a second which can cost me not tapping at the right moment to get a perfect attack? This doesn't seem to happen on PvE.

Kutte
04-10-2017, 08:06 PM
Jupp.
It seems to hiccup when many are playing. I ve never seen this mornings/early evening CET.

Jofer16
04-10-2017, 08:30 PM
My stats last week. Still getting bugs, at least half of my losses were due to them, even this morning on my 3rd attack I was fighting douche2000 and after I won I got the spin ball skull of death when it does the group close up before the victory screen. Had to restart the app and when I got back in it registered the battle as a loss...

Attacks: 96%
Defense: 22%

Ratio: 41%

gmac
04-10-2017, 08:37 PM
This week

Attacks 261
Defenses 100

Currently 4th, never saw any top 10 on my list thus far.

I'll try to stay close to Nicko so we can compare ratios.

Jofer16
04-10-2017, 08:42 PM
I'll try to stay close to Nicko so we can compare ratios.

F that! You've already started the climb to the mountaintop, Eternal or bust! :)

Caretaker
04-10-2017, 08:46 PM
Good men, keep it up! Enjoy bashing folks repeatedly who are unable to revenge and dethrone you. No, this dose of sarcasm isn't to us, the players, we deal with what we get to best of our knowledge. It's out to devs and their 'pyramidal' matchmaking which I'm on to crack in a week or two since I don't plan much of attacking till the update.

gmac
04-10-2017, 08:49 PM
F that! You've already started the climb to the mountaintop, Eternal or bust! :)

haha

Not my initial intention, but it's holiday here Thursday and Friday, so I will have more time to play this week.

We'll do it again, I promise :)

Jofer16
04-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Good men, keep it up! Enjoy bashing folks repeatedly who are unable to revenge and dethrone you. No, this dose of sarcasm isn't to us, the players, we deal with what we get to best of our knowledge. It's out to devs and their 'pyramidal' matchmaking which I'm on to crack in a week or two since I don't plan much of attacking till the update.

So you want unlimited revenges so you can sit back and take the easy way out and get 20 per? That sounds way more "unfair" than anything going on now. Who cares if you can't do unlimited revenges, do your own bashing from the lists! I've never understood the people who complain about revenge limits. There's a whole list of people to attack anytime you want it. Don't feel bad about attacking, it's why we play the game.

Caretaker
04-10-2017, 09:06 PM
Don't find yourself threatened every time I write something for the greater good of all in this game. Trust me man, I don't speak out of my own interest, if you can comprehend that.

I don't want unlimited as you've stated, but something to make it more challenging and balanced for all to be able to reach the tops. Like limit the no of attacks to the same person through matchmaking! And not the tops resting after only a few hours, like I did last week. Paying for it in ironite, a lot, and getting what you've paid. But now there are few aspects of unfairness going on, and none of them are to blame on players. It's for devs to decide what they want and balance it out. And we are like borg, we will adapt ;)

gmac
04-10-2017, 09:11 PM
I don't think revenge limits are the problem.

Uneven ratios I think are.

Actually, I just wish we had more transparency on what the matchmaking rules are, and of course, that the rules get applied to everybody.

Jofer16
04-10-2017, 09:12 PM
Don't find yourself threatened every time I write something for the greater good of all in this game. Trust me man, I don't speak out of my own interest, if you can comprehend that. There are few aspects of unfairness going on, and none of them are to blame on players. It's for devs to decide what they want and balance it out. And we are like borg, we will adapt ;)

You're over analyzing the situation. I don't feel threatened in the slightest and I'll respond to anyone that posts a ridiculous suggestion like no revenge limits in the current system, not just you. Honest question, is this your first taste of any type of competitive PvP?

Caretaker
04-10-2017, 09:18 PM
Nope.
I like a good argument discussion. But saving your ass from changes for having it good, as will you so will I reply to that :p
And I haven't suggested that. Where do you read it so that I can correct myself?

LOL tritium, loving it!

Tritium
04-10-2017, 09:22 PM

Don't mind me, guys. ;)

Jofer16
04-10-2017, 09:43 PM

Don't mind me, guys. ;)

Love this haha, Sparton had me laughing when he posted it on Saturday from the tuning discussion.

Silentknight
04-11-2017, 12:13 AM
So you want unlimited revenges so you can sit back and take the easy way out and get 20 per? That sounds way more "unfair" than anything going on now. Who cares if you can't do unlimited revenges, do your own bashing from the lists! I've never understood the people who complain about revenge limits. There's a whole list of people to attack anytime you want it. Don't feel bad about attacking, it's why we play the game.

Personally I think u should be able to revenge anyone who attacks u. Probably sell more ironite too!

Jofer16
04-11-2017, 04:40 AM
And now I'm hearing I'm being accused of using massive amounts of ironite to reset the list and cherry pick easy teams. Next it'll be that I'm a Nodding Frog employee driving up ironite sales, it just never ends. If I can't be beat with speed might as well try draining that pile of ironite that's been saved up hahaha

Jofer16
04-11-2017, 04:48 AM
Where's gmac, fallen or nicko to run for eternal when you need them haha. I need someone else to cheer for, this is getting boring.

https://youtu.be/OBwS66EBUcY

Caretaker
04-11-2017, 05:21 AM
Next it'll be that I'm a Nodding Frog employee driving up ironite sales, it just never ends. If I can't be beat with speed might as well try draining that pile of ironite that's been saved up hahaha

Hahaha, I'm loving this conspiracy theory you stated! Perhaps you are a pro gamer and a hired gun :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jofer16
04-11-2017, 05:28 AM
Hahaha, I'm loving this conspiracy theory you stated! Perhaps you are a pro gamer and a hired gun :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Beats being a bot!

Silentknight
04-11-2017, 06:46 AM
And now I'm hearing I'm being accused of using massive amounts of ironite to reset the list and cherry pick easy teams. Next it'll be that I'm a Nodding Frog employee driving up ironite sales, it just never ends. If I can't be beat with speed might as well try draining that pile of ironite that's been saved up hahaha
Does explain why ur always attacking me tho...lmfao!!! Thot Nicko was the NF employee...wtf!!!

Silentknight
04-11-2017, 06:50 AM
Where's gmac, fallen or nicko to run for eternal when you need them haha. I need someone else to cheer for, this is getting boring.

Awww,was hoping for the video not just song...80's women...mmmmm! Footloose & spandex,lol!!!

Nicko
04-12-2017, 05:15 AM
Does explain why ur always attacking me tho...lmfao!!! Thot Nicko was the NF employee...wtf!!!

Nicko - Sparton - same thing

Sparton_LOTB
04-12-2017, 06:58 AM
Nicko - Sparton - same thing

It's not like anyone's ever seen us in the same room.

Silentknight
04-12-2017, 08:59 AM
It's not like anyone's ever seen us in the same room.

The similarities are uncanny!!! Same date joined,similar green glow...very unsettling! Hmmmm...tbc