PDA

View Full Version : April 11th 2017 Update Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Sparton_LOTB
04-11-2017, 06:14 PM
This is the main post to discuss general changes from the recent update.

You can see the details of the update that has just gone live in the Game Updates forum post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5241).

PsiH86
04-11-2017, 06:27 PM
"Our servers are undergoing maintenance. We Thank you for your patience!" :(

mjmxiii
04-11-2017, 06:35 PM
Damn, my posts delete when I try to edit them.... anyway just saw the image with harpys popup... nice compromise on the prisoner... Will give it a go when maintenance is done.

blackbolt
04-11-2017, 06:35 PM
I don't know if every game has updates this frequent, you Devs are doing a great work in my opinion, thanks!
Now i can't wait for Brave New World!

Sparton_LOTB
04-11-2017, 06:39 PM
"Our servers are undergoing maintenance. We Thank you for your patience!" :(

Yeah, sorry, we're just in the process of finalizing the update and lowering the maintenance mode.

If you haven't, do make sure you grab the update from the App Store/Play Store first.

CanyptianFit
04-11-2017, 06:41 PM
Agree, great compromise on the Gimp.

IMHO you kept him 5* worthy.

Thanks!

Browno
04-11-2017, 06:46 PM
Samurai got a huge buff in damage :)
And nomad did as well. They are perfect together now :)

PsiH86
04-11-2017, 06:47 PM
Yeah, sorry, we're just in the process of finalizing the update and lowering the maintenance mode.

If you haven't, do make sure you grab the update from the App Store/Play Store first.

I updated from GP, then already tried to come...
In total! Now works! Thanks!
I checked WARP Talismans bonus first of all - it is corrected and works. HURRAH!

P.S.: And ASCENSION Talisman have corrected too as I see, and have given to a set of these Talismans a cool bonus! Remarkably!

Nine
04-11-2017, 06:48 PM
(So, this post as meant to go to the Preliminary Discussion Thread, but since that one is closed: )

Thanks for the quick response and your feedback to my feedback!

Mark damage is always 12% of the target's Max HP (per Mark), is that maybe what you're seeing? Also, keep in mind that the number on a Mark status effect is the duration, not the amount of marks.

I am aware of that. Sorry I kept it short, I went into more detail last time: the thing is, Vampire Eddie does initial true damage when the mark is applied and then additional true damage when the mark is consumed - the one you are referring to is not the one the issue lies with. The way I see it the former one should scale as all true damage attacks but it does not. The damage it does is somehow correlated to targets health, but it sometimes does more damage on targets with less (total or actual) health. In PvP it yields some strange results, I think I once dealt 600 damage on a 5*Mummy (for comparison, it hits for around 3,5k on Soulless Demons in GoD Madness). Got me thinking it relates to the unscaled original HP of a caracter or HP without Talismans, but that's really hard to test.

What just comes to mind, on a completely different note:

At this point I completed over 800 secret locations, very very rarely missing one, especially of the one with longer cooldowns. I have yet to complete a single set of Death Talismans and hold on to exactly 2 Paralysis Ward Talismans, where more would be of huge help in PvP. At least one of the Death Talismans is also around from the time before the drop places were changed. I don't say the tables are bugged (also it is hard not to lose faith, looking at the numbers) but is there any hope that there will be a more reliant way to acquire these in future? The shortage of Paralysis Talismans makes whole Team combinations impossible that would otherwise be quite promising... can I hope for Brave new World or is that a different matter?

Tritium
04-11-2017, 06:48 PM
I love all of the changes you guys made with this update! Kudos to the dev team! I'm glad that Sparton and Kaz are so willing to communicate with us and pass our concerns on to the rest of the team. Because of that, many Eddie skills that we're flagged to not trigger talisman effects now work properly. Bring on the invisibility talismans with Cyborg and freezing ones for VH/Rainmaker Eddie for their "Claim" basic attack. Too awesome.

I'll fool around in PVP a bit later and post back here with my reaction to the changes. For now, I can foresee that the known issues of

If your team goes first, the Immunity talismans will not protect against an enemy Prisoner’s Passive Aggression
Certain passives will not function even after the Passive Disabled status effect wears off

will cause a lot of trouble for players, but hey, at least we finally have a workaround to the Prisoner. Once these issues are fixed, us PVP "normies" (read: non-Prisoner owners) will have a lot more success.

Rygone
04-11-2017, 06:49 PM
Wow, I just made 2 or 3 fights in lol dungeon and the game is faster even manually played. :/

Tritium
04-11-2017, 07:05 PM
Wow, I just made 2 or 3 fights in lol dungeon and the game is faster even manually played. :/

Can concur; I'm experiencing the same thing. This is making PVP a bit harder as it is more difficult to time perfect strikes now. There is one random side benefit if you have a quick reaction time: you can now farm PVP battles quicker than before (I'm looking at you, Jofer! haha :p).

Also I experienced the bug of your passives not working if you go first against a Prisoner team even with immunity talis. When I killed the enemy Prisoner in the first turn, my AOF's first blood passive didn't kick in, so I had to let the enemy team smack my toons for a bit before I could activate my extra turn after the debuff wore off.

Sparton_LOTB
04-11-2017, 07:06 PM
I am aware of that. Sorry I kept it short, I went into more detail last time: the thing is, Vampire Eddie does initial true damage when the mark is applied and then additional true damage when the mark is consumed - the one you are referring to is not the one the issue lies with. The way I see it the former one should scale as all true damage attacks but it does not. The damage it does is somehow correlated to targets health, but it sometimes does more damage on targets with less (total or actual) health. In PvP it yields some strange results, I think I once dealt 600 damage on a 5*Mummy (for comparison, it hits for around 3,5k on Soulless Demons in GoD Madness). Got me thinking it relates to the unscaled original HP of a caracter or HP without Talismans, but that's really hard to test.

Hm... that does seem strange, since looking at the data for that Mark skill, it should be scaling the damage based on the attacker's Attack and Magic. Maybe some general issue with skills that apply marks?..

I'll see if our QA can test around that when they get the chance.

At this point I completed over 800 secret locations, very very rarely missing one, especially of the one with longer cooldowns. I have yet to complete a single set of Death Talismans and hold on to exactly 2 Paralysis Ward Talismans, where more would be of huge help in PvP. At least one of the Death Talismans is also around from the time before the drop places were changed. I don't say the tables are bugged (also it is hard not to lose faith, looking at the numbers) but is there any hope that there will be a more reliant way to acquire these in future? The shortage of Paralysis Talismans makes whole Team combinations impossible that would otherwise be quite promising... can I hope for Brave new World or is that a different matter?

Dang, that is definitely some unfortunate luck. I know the tables are fine, since I get them periodically with my daily grind, but that's definitely a flaw with the small chance of talisman drop then going into a large pool of possible talismans.

From time to time, we'll probably do talisman packs in the store (like what we did with the release of PVP), which can help if you're looking for specific talismans. Also, one of the things I'm working on is improving Secret Locations so that the rewards are more focused per quest, and I can probably make sure you're more likely to get specific Secret Location-specific talismans when I do a pass on the odds for that.

I'll fool around in PVP a bit later and post back here with my reaction to the changes. For now, I can foresee that the known issues of

If your team goes first, the Immunity talismans will not protect against an enemy Prisoner’s Passive Aggression
Certain passives will not function even after the Passive Disabled status effect wears off

will cause a lot of trouble for players, but hey, at least we finally have a workaround to the Prisoner. Once these issues are fixed, us PVP "normies" (read: non-Prisoner owners) will have a lot more success.

Yeah, we were super unhappy when we found some of those issues late in our testing cycle and couldn't afford to hold the release back for it, but we already have tentative fixes and are working on more thoroughly testing edge cases around the Prisoner for a subsequent update.

gmac
04-11-2017, 07:06 PM
"Known Issues

Certain passives will not function even after the Passive Disabled status effect wears off"

Hi Sparton,

Copied the above from the notes.

1 - So, no Hell Hound and Artillery Dog with immunity sets to give immunity to all team, correct? (suggestion: just let all immunity blocks passive aggressive first round :))

2 - Could you say what passives are working and not working? Specially siege would be important in my opinion.

Congratulations on the update :)

Cheers
Gmac

BonFire
04-11-2017, 07:13 PM
Hm, I still think the Prisoner's health or defenses should've been changed instead of his Passive so that he can be taken out more easily (since Angel of Fear's passive works the moment he's dead), but this is a pretty decent compromise.

I do like the stun heal for Holy Smokes Eddie. And Masked Harpy's passive. I've had her on my team a while.

Tritium
04-11-2017, 07:18 PM
I do like the stun heal for Holy Smokes Eddie. And Masked Harpy's passive. I've had her on my team a while.

Yeah, the addition of unique passives to the harpies is an awesome addition to the game. I know that a lot of us would love more updates like that in the future to spice up some of the old toons that nobody uses. I imagine we'll be seeing a lot more harpy teams now! Warrior Harpy will act as a great counter to taunt teams (if people don't stop using them with this update at least).

osiris0000
04-11-2017, 07:19 PM
Behold! Now it is the era of Harpies :cool:
I knew that they were special long time ago.

Cool update!

HomemLivre
04-11-2017, 07:25 PM
Wow!!!!!
Besides the known issues that will surely be fixed I just need to cump you guys, this update rocks!!!

Thank you, thank you!

\,,/

mjmxiii
04-11-2017, 07:31 PM

Lost a few PvP matches for this reason... Seems like x1 speed is the old x2 speed haha... my timing needs to catch up... might not be much fun for new players lol!

blue bat going second is now as deadly as he was when he went first lol... more so if mixed with troll damage reflect shields... maybe my defense will improve :p

BonFire
04-11-2017, 07:33 PM
Yeah, the addition of unique passives to the harpies is an awesome addition to the game. I know that a lot of us would love more updates like that in the future to spice up some of the old toons that nobody uses. I imagine we'll be seeing a lot more harpy teams now! Warrior Harpy will act as a great counter to taunt teams (if people don't stop using them with this update at least).

I was thinking of adding another harpy to my team. Take the Golden Sun out, but I wasn't a fan of the warrior version (until now) and I haven't gotten Corrupt yet. I'll have to start farming some Paralysis talisman's for my Masked one though, try and get 2 more Ward.

Ezz
04-11-2017, 07:39 PM
Iron talisman and warp talisman are not increasing defense as advertised. Please address

mjmxiii
04-11-2017, 07:43 PM
Game freezes when using device "back" button on Challenges screen... used to exit game... don't know which bug I like more lol :p

treeb0mbb
04-11-2017, 07:43 PM
Very nice update thank you a lot guys!!

Stuff looks overall a lot cleaner and easier to understand/use for newer players definitely. Keep the good stuff coming guys!

Now if only my RNG luck will get better than I might have some real passion for playing this game again.

Tritium
04-11-2017, 07:45 PM
I like how we came together as a community to change the Prisoner without completely neutering him. He's still a force to be reckoned with and still worthy of being a 5* character. Against teams that lack immunity talismans, he'll work exactly as he did before on the first turn (the most important part of the fight).

blade685
04-11-2017, 07:59 PM
samsung galaxy S6 --> crash after battle, reinstall game same bug, good update again ...

Kutte
04-11-2017, 08:09 PM
Uuh that speed is wai?

HomemLivre
04-11-2017, 08:19 PM
Man... that daily rewards! I really appreciate this part of the update to!

HomemLivre
04-11-2017, 08:21 PM
Behold! Now it is the era of Harpies :cool:
I knew that they were special long time ago.

Cool update!

I want to face your team in the Arena, hope to see theses Harpies (sentinel, magus an warrior) and a Pharaoh Eddie!
Hahahaha!

Sparton_LOTB
04-11-2017, 08:27 PM
1 - So, no Hell Hound and Artillery Dog with immunity sets to give immunity to all team, correct? (suggestion: just let all immunity blocks passive aggressive first round :))

Amusingly, if you are the player with the Repeal passive and the enemy has the Prisoner, it doesn't work, but if you are the player with the Prisoner and the enemy has Repeal, it... sort of works (Hellhound/Artillery Dog has Immunity for themself, but doesn't Immunity their team).

2 - Could you say what passives are working and not working? Specially siege would be important in my opinion.

Siege is pretty borked; doesn't work at all if the Prisoner is an enemy, regardless of if the Prisoner is alive or not.

As far as I know, Block works as expected, as does Shield (the Troll's passive). Shadow and First Blood don't work while the Prisoner is alive (regardless of if you have Passive Disable on you), or for the action that kills the Prisoner. Not sure about the remaining passives, but our QA is testing all possible combinations, with and without talisman effects.

Iron talisman and warp talisman are not increasing defense as advertised. Please address

They actually add properly to the character's stats when you enter combat, but the stats from the set effect isn't reported in the My Team screen, yeah.

osiris0000
04-11-2017, 08:44 PM
I want to face your team in the Arena, hope to see theses Harpies (sentinel, magus an warrior) and a Pharaoh Eddie!
Hahahaha!

Haha, i look forward to that! Putting up an Ancient Egyptian theme team was one of my dream in this game :D
I am just missing a Pharaoh Eddie and Sentinel Harpy.. If i find the Sentinel Harpy first, i may put Mummy Eddie instead to fit the theme :cool:

RNGesus, hear my voice! ;)

Nowadays i just keep my nasty dungeon team with GR and all those bats. In other words, i currently have an Underworld Hell themed team.
You are welcome anytime :cool:

JJJ428
04-11-2017, 08:45 PM
Did the arena store disappear for anyone else. When I click on store in the arena just have a blank area. But if I go to the store outside of the arena I have stuff show up.

Liebhild
04-11-2017, 08:45 PM
Do I have to send a prayer to the Stungod first, when I want to use the Harpies? Maybe my Harpie is lazy. Poff - taunted, piff - stuned.

HomemLivre
04-11-2017, 08:52 PM
Haha, i look forward to that! Putting up an Ancient Egyptian theme team was one of my dream in this game :D
I am just missing a Pharaoh Eddie and Sentinel Harpy.. If i find the Sentinel Harpy first, i may put Mummy Eddie instead to fit the theme :cool:

RNGesus, hear my voice! ;)

Nowadays i just keep my nasty dungeon team with GR and all those bats. In other words, i currently have an Underworld Hell themed team.
You are welcome anytime :cool:

Hahahaha, nice!
I want this sentinel harpy so bad! Let the RNGesus here you, I want to face a team like that asap! hahah

Cheers!

JJJ428
04-11-2017, 08:53 PM
Disregard my post did a sign out and sign in and the arena store is back now.

BenjaminBreeg
04-11-2017, 09:22 PM
Really really thanks for the update!
Well, Siege is still very useful against void shields... Perfect!
And for the first round...
Visions Eddie is now really really strong.
He doesn't go down at all (only against AoF) and his Take triggers often enough to take the beneficial effects in the first round. He went from pretty useless to my first Eddie now xD
Even in pvp he actually takes now the place of my GR...
So really thanks for this update!

Enti
04-11-2017, 09:22 PM
Man... that daily rewards! I really appreciate this part of the update to!

What are the new changes? I'm too impatient to see for myself in the morning, wanna know now rofl

HomemLivre
04-11-2017, 09:28 PM
What are the new changes? I'm too impatient to see for myself in the morning, wanna know now rofl

Look at this! Guaranted char for newcomers, skillshard. I appreciated this new prizes

The day 6 reward is now a character (3* Gunner Undead Soldier)
The day 18 reward is now a Skill Shard
Half of the days which rewarded Sands of Time now reward Sands of War
The amount of Ironite earned from logging in each day has increased
The amount of Gold earned from logging in each day has increased

Liebhild
04-11-2017, 09:40 PM
Yeah, great update, harpie isnt working and mummy is only taunting 3/4 of my team. SSD still the whole team - applause.

Hope that this are bugs.

Will taht highspeed thing stay this way or is it a bug also?

Tridimensionale
04-11-2017, 09:43 PM
Maybe the best update so far.. harpy can finally have some use and they didn t kill the prisoner :D

Great thing that devs care about community feedback! Thanks

Enti
04-11-2017, 09:48 PM
Look at this! Guaranted char for newcomers, skillshard. I appreciated this new prizes

The day 18 reward is now a Skill Shard
Half of the days which rewarded Sands of Time now reward Sands of War
The amount of Ironite earned from logging in each day has increased
The amount of Gold earned from logging in each day has increased

I thought you had a chance to take a look at the daily challenge reward screen :D
Guess the surprise will hit tomorrow.

Curious to see how I will go in PVP, will stick with old team for a couple matches just to see the difference this update brought and if strategy can still be victorious or if I have to reallocate talismans to new toons
Anyway, all of us will have a learning curve now to be tackeld

yojo
04-11-2017, 09:48 PM
Sparton

If my team have the first turn and the other team have the AoP, the passive of the blue bat should be disabled ?

Because in PvP (also my team with the blue bat) when I attack first the buff of the other player is active, but when they attack all my buffs dissapear.

sorry for my grammar

angelkelly
04-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Sentinel Corrupt Harpy looks great :).
Aside from that, I like the new daily rewards you guys added. Just wish there was a legendary soul some where in there.

gmac
04-11-2017, 10:02 PM
Sparton

If my team have the first turn and the other team have the AoP, the passive of the blue bat should be disabled ?

Because in PvP (also my team with the blue bat) when I attack first the buff of the other player is active, but when they attack all my buffs dissapear.

sorry for my grammar

This happened to me too

Sparton, what where the changes to matchmaking?

I'm on a 30+ win streak and going down on points! :eek:

Jofer16
04-11-2017, 10:09 PM
VERY impressed with this update, great changes across the board, and some great ones that were unannounced.

Aside from that, it's extremely encouraging to see the direction of the dev team, this app has the best two-way communication I've seen so far of any game. And the fact you guys actually listen, most games even the valid arguments fall on deaf ears. I'm excited for the direction and where we're headed in the future. Nailed this one, good job!

And it's gonna be awesome to see new Eddies/toons in arena, already expirimented with Samurai and Visions. Welcome to the squad Visions! Never used this toon before as it seemed all broke. I maxed him and set him as champ, to my troopers, give him a try :)

HomemLivre
04-11-2017, 10:13 PM
VERY impressed with this update, great changes across the board, and some great ones that were unannounced.

Aside from that, it's extremely encouraging to see the direction of the dev team, this app has the best two-way communication I've seen so far of any game. And the fact you guys actually listen, most games even the valid arguments fall on deaf ears. I'm excited for the direction and where we're headed in the future. Nailed this one, good job!

And it's gonna be awesome to see new Eddies/toons in arena, already expirimented with Samurai and Visions. Welcome to the squad Visions! Never used this toon before as it seemed all broke. I maxed him and set him as champ, to my troopers, give him a try :)

Looks like your fight against mine have some influence about this decision hahaha
I maxed Visions since his release and finally was able to see him in action! A great Eddie indeed! Want to face some Samurais to see how hes fighting!

Cheers

Sparton_LOTB
04-11-2017, 10:16 PM

If you go first, the Angel of Pain doesn't reduce the duration of your buffs at the start of combat now, but his passive will still reduce the duration by 1 turn after the Angel of Pain's team finishes their actions. (that's in addition to when your buffs would normally count down)

Sparton, what where the changes to matchmaking?

I'm on a 30+ win streak and going down on points! :eek:

The game places more emphasis on what your attack:defense ratio is, so if you have many more attacks this week than defenses, that's a possibility.

(It's also relative to other players, so perhaps you've been "luckier" earlier this week than other players around your leaderboard ranking, and the matchmaking is trying to equalize that.)

Jofer16
04-11-2017, 10:20 PM
Looks like your fight against mine have some influence about this decision hahaha
I maxed Visions since his release and finally was able to see him in action! A great Eddie indeed! Want to face some Samurais to see how hes fighting!

Cheers

Yeah I was just gonna edit that in lol. Wasn't prepared for that and got my arse handed to me! Was better equipped round 2 :) Was like, what the F just happened?? lol

Same complaints with Samurai, bad talisman slots/too squishy to compete with the elite toons in arena. He needs a major rework, unless the meta changes to favor his strengths. But it is fun when RNG shines on his extra attacks, just a bit too unreliable for me still.

Cheers to you too! Just cracked a Heineken :)

gmac
04-11-2017, 10:27 PM

Cheers

I was hoping we could keep this a secret a few more days... hahahah

We've insisted for Visions to be fixed and yes, now he is true lv 5

And let us have some "remove beneficial effects" talismans asap!

Congrats Kaz and Devs team for this one :)

Rodrigo-3281
04-11-2017, 10:29 PM
I haven't made any changes to my squad yet (working on new toons but it's a slow go) but the AoP can still be useful.

Kutte
04-11-2017, 10:30 PM
Hmmmmm talismans like energy or void still don't workt very often. Especialy in the first 2 rounds (no buffs/debuffs involved). Void often still don't reflect mag/Phys dmg. Viking still broken. No changes to point system. Matchmaking still off. AI still not very smart to say the best. Instead of making autoplay faster, manual play is faster but its not too bad. Don't really seeing an improvement in gameplay

BenjaminBreeg
04-11-2017, 10:31 PM
One question I have:
Is the passive of the prisoner affected by the debuff "accuracy down"?

Warlord
04-11-2017, 10:32 PM

So you already got this guy that reward a waste?

angelkelly
04-11-2017, 10:43 PM
How long before bnw or night city is release?..

mjmxiii
04-11-2017, 10:49 PM
Yeah I am stoked that NF listens to it's community and that you guys all have such passion for the game! Makes a great game that much better!

BonFire
04-11-2017, 10:59 PM

Funny enough, I had just maxed all the talismans on my Visions Eddie last week. I was bored and decided to spend some ironite. I'm not giving up any shards on him though until I have over 31.

BonFire
04-11-2017, 11:28 PM
Alright, I'm a bit confused. Guardian sounds like it's for the entire team in terms of not getting affected by stuff, but the wording sounds like it's just for the character.

Jofer16
04-11-2017, 11:28 PM
Well the bug where ability icons become disabled and everything else works fine is still happening, that's unfortunate. Sucks losing that way ugh.

Edit: against Eddie in rank #60 right now. weird thing is in my attack list his champ shows as mummy but in rankings it's GRE. possibly a bug if you switch champs after popping on someone's list? that seems odd.

Edit edit haha.. nvm everyone's pic is different, just checked like 5 in a row from my attack list.

Jofer16
04-11-2017, 11:48 PM
other people see this pic difference too? seems weird and I've never noticed it before.

Nine
04-11-2017, 11:59 PM
I have no idea how that is possible, and I am sorry to keep coming back to this damn debuff again, but: Bleed.

Until the patch today the type of the damage dealth was true damage, as it is described in the tool tip of both Rockets Dogs. For whatever reason with the patch the type of damage changed to magic. The skill description stayed the same, the description of the debuff ingame, however, states that Bleed deals physical damage. Somehow we got from: A is intended, A is descriped, A is implemented to: A is intended, A and B is descriped, C is implemented. :confused:

Also: An issue with Angel of Fear not triggering its passive persists and judging from my LoL runs it might be due to opponent attackers triggering revenge? Or it is a newly introduced problem due to the dispel ability of Warrior New Born of the Light.

One more thing I noticed: Buffs granted from Talismans are mixed up between different Eddies in PvE. While kinda nice to have two rounds of immunity although the Eddie on the bench has the Talismans equipped that might not be intended...

Jofer16
04-12-2017, 12:09 AM
Silentknight the 1st to bust Visions! My defense was undefeated up until that haha

Sparton_LOTB
04-12-2017, 12:38 AM
One question I have:
Is the passive of the prisoner affected by the debuff "accuracy down"?

Accuracy Up/Accuracy Down only affect the chance of things from skills, not passives (or talisman augments), so no.

So you already got this guy that reward a waste?

The specific character is mainly for the sake of new players, but even if you already have him, a dupe 3* gunner is a decent amount of essence for the Sacrifice feature.

How long before bnw or night city is release?..

We don't have timelines to announce for these yet.

Alright, I'm a bit confused. Guardian sounds like it's for the entire team in terms of not getting affected by stuff, but the wording sounds like it's just for the character.

Guardian only helps the character with that passive, not their entire team.

I have no idea how that is possible, and I am sorry to keep coming back to this damn debuff again, but: Bleed.

Until the patch today the type of the damage dealth was true damage, as it is described in the tool tip of both Rockets Dogs. For whatever reason with the patch the type of damage changed to magic. The skill description stayed the same, the description of the debuff ingame, however, states that Bleed deals physical damage. Somehow we got from: A is intended, A is descriped, A is implemented to: A is intended, A and B is descriped, C is implemented. :confused:

Oh man, there is definitely some weirdly set values in the data for skills that use Bleed.

The intent is:

Does true damage
Can stack (ie get multiple bleeds on the same character at once)

We'll see if we can get that all correct in the next update.

Also: An issue with Angel of Fear not triggering its passive persists and judging from my LoL runs it might be due to opponent attackers triggering revenge? Or it is a newly introduced problem due to the dispel ability of Warrior New Born of the Light.

Don't forget you need to kill the target you have selected (doing an AoE that kills someone that isn't selected won't make First Blood trigger unless the selected character is also killed). That's not intended, but that's a known issue.

One more thing I noticed: Buffs granted from Talismans are mixed up between different Eddies in PvE. While kinda nice to have two rounds of immunity although the Eddie on the bench has the Talismans equipped that might not be intended...

Yeah, that's not intended sadly, I'll pass that along.

90mphyorker
04-12-2017, 12:51 AM
Is the character in the daily login rewards going to change each month?

Nine
04-12-2017, 12:59 AM
Thanks again for the quick reply!

Don't forget you need to kill the target you have selected (doing an AoE that kills someone that isn't selected won't make First Blood trigger unless the selected character is also killed). That's not intended, but that's a known issue.

I know how the passive usually works, I actually make use of it fairly often and kill enemies with AoE on purpose without focusing them to get one more attack. At least in warrior LoL it was clearly observable over multiple runs that the passive never triggered when my Angel was counter attacked after killing its target. I can't say for sure if that was the case for other caracters, too and since the dungeon is no longer open I can't test it, but there was at least one case where I got the killing blow on the focused target with my (Navigator) Eddie, that didn't trigger the passive neither.

If the logic of the passive is that of an invisible buff, the newly added removing of benefitial effects would explain it...

Sparton_LOTB
04-12-2017, 01:03 AM
Is the character in the daily login rewards going to change each month?

We haven't settled on a plan for that. For now, since this is a short month, we're planning on keeping it with the Undead Soldier for at least this month and the next one.

I know how the passive usually works, I actually make use of it fairly often and kill enemies with AoE on purpose without focusing them to get one more attack. At least in warrior LoL it was clearly observable over multiple runs that the passive never triggered when my Angel was counter attacked after killing its target. I can't say for sure if that was the case for other caracters, too and since the dungeon is no longer open I can't test it, but there was at least one case where I got the killing blow on the focused target with my (Navigator) Eddie, that didn't trigger the passive neither.

If the logic of the passive is that of an invisible buff, the newly added removing of benefitial effects would explain it...

Ah, interesting. Thanks for the additional info, I'll pass that along then.

HomemLivre
04-12-2017, 01:04 AM
Yeah I was just gonna edit that in lol. Wasn't prepared for that and got my arse handed to me! Was better equipped round 2 :) Was like, what the F just happened?? lol

Same complaints with Samurai, bad talisman slots/too squishy to compete with the elite toons in arena. He needs a major rework, unless the meta changes to favor his strengths. But it is fun when RNG shines on his extra attacks, just a bit too unreliable for me still.

Cheers to you too! Just cracked a Heineken :)

Hahaha, Im loving playing with the Visions, as Gmac said, now he look like a true 5* Eddie, one that I like most since his release!

To bad Samurai isn't shining like he deserves to. Maybe some diferent combos with some other tons or talis and the star will rise hahaha

Cheers!

Zapathusara
04-12-2017, 01:20 AM
... but bad things first: I was expecting BNW to debut today. My fault, being to optimisc. Hope for next week.

A suggestion: I would change the yellow bar from achivements to purple or something else less screamy.

Made some tests against myself in pvp.

Blue Rescuer seens fine. Half way sharded. Maybe I will give my full Rescuer team another shot.

Isolate works fine. The dmg from Angel is ok.
Lets jump in the Arena now.

Edit: About the in battle popup with status, I prefer the old version with the stats buffs n debuffs in %. Now there is no more stats at all

HomemLivre
04-12-2017, 01:32 AM
... but bad things first: I was expecting BNW to debut today. My fault, being to optimisc. Hope for next week.

A suggestion: I would change the yellow bar from achivements to purple or something else less screamy.

Made some tests against myself in pvp.

Edit: About the in battle popup with status, Ibprefer the old version woth the stats buffs n debuffs in %. No there is no more stats at all

Blue Rescuer seens fine. Half way sharded. Maybe I will give my full Rescuer team another shot.

Isolate works fine. The dmg from Angel is ok.
Lets jump in the Arena now.

Im interested in the Magus CR, thanks for your info share, mate :)
Maybe I will give him a try to hahaha

Cheers!

Jofer16
04-12-2017, 01:45 AM
Im interested in the Magus CR, thanks for your info share, mate :)
Maybe I will give him a try to hahaha

Cheers!

Maxed it out for shits and giggles, fun in PvE but the magic damage keeps it from reaching the top tier toons in arena.

HomemLivre
04-12-2017, 01:47 AM
I don't know if somethings wrong with my fingers, but I feel somethings wrong with the time slide (between past, present and future).

I usually slide close to the corners, but now I need to slide closer to the center of the screen.
Anyone feeling that to?

HomemLivre
04-12-2017, 01:49 AM
Maxed it out for shits and giggles, fun in PvE but the magic damage keeps it from reaching the top tier toons in arena.

Dang... she looks so promising! :(

Jofer16
04-12-2017, 01:51 AM
Dang... she looks so promising! :(

Yeah anytime I wanna test a toon I'll do auto with test defense over and over. Team just never won with it included, moved on.

HomemLivre
04-12-2017, 01:53 AM
Yeah anytime I wanna test a toon I'll do auto with test defense over and over. Team just never won with it included, moved on.

Yeah, I do the same in here hahaha

Best unequip all the talis lol

Jofer16
04-12-2017, 02:08 AM
Can people comment on their experiences with the speed tuning, is it affecting you/no change? Digging around and finding some suspect results, looking for more data. Miigwech!

Zapathusara
04-12-2017, 02:09 AM

yes, not a heavy hitter. Mine deals about 4k dmg in single target. But the team freeze for 2 turns and steal buffs pay off I think.

And, besides my GRE, I dunno more magus toons for heavy dmg. All of mine are support (golden son, allied soldier, blueBats, PDK). Would love some suggestion :rolleyes:

gmac
04-12-2017, 02:27 AM
Can people comment on their experiences with the speed tuning, is it affecting you/no change? Digging around and finding some suspect results, looking for more data. Miigwech!

Feels the same as before for me.

CanyptianFit
04-12-2017, 02:28 AM
Maybe small sample size, but my talismans still seem to work on first round against prisoner. Am I the only one?

Go80smetal has a cool team, my first go against new DD. Damn I got cleaned. I ended up winning when I went first, and was hoping that I would go second to test my different offense...sure I'll see many more DDs to test against.

Seeing things happen in arena that aren't expected, will report more when I can confirm bugs.

I pressed "Get Souls" and I didn't get any....wassup with that? ;)

Game on 2x is definitely faster on IOS iPad.

Silentknight
04-12-2017, 02:54 AM
Yeah,game just became alot harder after 3 or 4 beer,lmfao!!! Can still attack ur own team too. So instead of making A I. smarter, make us dumber???

Jofer16
04-12-2017, 02:55 AM
Game on 2x is definitely faster on IOS iPad.

That's what I was afraid of.

I'm on iOS iPad as well and no change. Smells like the hardcore players are getting targeting via client specific performance speed adjustments. I'm quitting this shit tomorrow if that's the case.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!!

Silentknight
04-12-2017, 03:00 AM
Silentknight the 1st to bust Visions! My defense was undefeated up until that haha

Gmac's too...ez!

RCarter
04-12-2017, 03:16 AM

Definitely faster either 1x or 2x.

IOS iPad

Askora
04-12-2017, 03:37 AM
Noticeably faster on my android phone and tablet. Still getting used to the timing. Still seeing an issue with void shield not reflecting damage all the time.

Jofer16
04-12-2017, 03:39 AM
Definitely faster either 1x or 2x.

IOS iPad

Wow, wtf. Was all excited about the app and now I wanna quit lol, talk about a 180. That's some shady ass programming. Imma eat some cheese steaks, while I decide if this is my last week playing..

https://youtu.be/BsK-OxJQJP8

Askora
04-12-2017, 03:45 AM
Something else I noticed. Where it shows my player level at 100, now showing 0% below it again. It was 100%. Not sure if anyone else has noticed the same thing, or if they're getting the same thing. Display issue like from 99 to 100, or a hint of something?

mjmxiii
04-12-2017, 03:46 AM
Seems to be fluctuating on my android phone. Some rounds in PVE and PvP are fast and then seem slower the following round in PVE and next turn in PvP... quite odd... definitely faster either way! Perfect strikes are not guaranteed for me anymore. Bit frustrating but what ya gon do! Less pvp battles needed for daily challenges makes it tolerable!

Silentknight
04-12-2017, 03:50 AM
Seems to be fluctuating on my android phone. Some rounds in PVE and PvP are fast and then seem slower the following round in PVE and next turn in PvP... quite odd... definitely faster either way! Perfect strikes are not guaranteed for me anymore. Bit frustrating but what ya gon do! Less pvp battles needed for daily challenges makes it tolerable!
2x speed + 3 beer=shitty timing,lol. Makes farming challenging tho!

Jofer16
04-12-2017, 04:05 AM
Hmm, sparton is conveniently ghost when I pm him on this, but responded quick with my bug reports. Come on Sky, this is my last week if you want to get a glance of the eye of the tiger, let's race :)

gmac
04-12-2017, 04:08 AM
An update took place few minutes back.

Now faster manually on PvE, will test arena once trooper duty is done.

Wierd.

Silentknight
04-12-2017, 04:12 AM
An update took place few minutes back.

Now faster manually on PvE, will test arena once trooper duty is done.

Wierd.

Arenas the same. Everything's sped up

gmac
04-12-2017, 04:22 AM
Well,

After few rounds now I get faster​ on auto PvE but manually back to old speed.

Anybody saw this at arena?

Needless to say, if this affects arena should be fixed asap.

Devs?

Sparton_LOTB
04-12-2017, 04:31 AM
Well,

After few rounds now I get faster​ on auto PvE but manually back to old speed.

Anybody saw this at arena?

Needless to say, if this affects arena should be fixed asap.

Devs?

This is news to me, but I'll pass this along to the team to investigate.

For anyone who is observing this, are you playing purely using manual/turning auto battle on or off occasionally/only using auto?

gmac
04-12-2017, 04:39 AM

For anyone who is observing this, are you playing purely using manual/turning auto battle on or off occasionally/only using auto?

Hi Sparton

How should it be working? Only on auto? PvE? Arena too?

Seems random on PvE, got faster again now manually, I have switched between both modes. (Android phone)

Silentknight
04-12-2017, 04:42 AM

Manual farming & arena both sped up. Thot that was the new normal,lol. Definitely more challenging!

Jofer16
04-12-2017, 04:59 AM
Manual farming & arena both sped up. Thot that was the new normal,lol. Definitely more challenging!

Sounds like a Jofer nerf, this is the 1st time I've been nerfed for speed lol!

hold
04-12-2017, 04:59 AM
Really don't know if I like this update or not.

My Invisibility talismans don't seem to work when Prisoners passive block is up and that is quite a problem reagarding my strategy. There is some other quite weird stuff going on that I need to get my head around first.

The speed changes drive me absolutely mad. Sometimes it seems normal and sometimes fast.

I can see the intention of this update and I like that. But the roll out of the update seems very rushed as so many times before and therefore a lot of bugs destroy once more the game experience.

Hmmm ... no - I don't like the update and that is mainly because playing is way more uncomfortable than it was before.

P.S: Also the update renders one of my fully skillsharded toons more or less useless and I really wish i could use those shards on some other toon. And yes - Viking is still broken and his loot works only sometimes. Very annoying.

PerthEddie
04-12-2017, 05:01 AM
Just tried 1st Arena battle since the update on my iPad - definitely a lot faster on 1x manual than it was when I stopped playing before the update :(

Silentknight
04-12-2017, 05:04 AM
Sounds like a Jofer nerf, this is the 1st time I've been nerfed for speed lol!
Toons are flying around liked they're wired on something! Cya,gotta get up in 4 hrs.

Jofer16
04-12-2017, 05:11 AM
Toons are flying around liked they're wired on something! Cya,gotta get up in 4 hrs.

I'm too good so they boosted everyone else's play speed lol. this is a 1st.

90mphyorker
04-12-2017, 05:27 AM
We haven't settled on a plan for that. For now, since this is a short month, we're planning on keeping it with the Undead Soldier for at least this month and the next

Good to know. Hope you do change it once in a while though. Assassin Golden Son one month would be great, seen as I can't get one through souls. Haha.

satani
04-12-2017, 06:25 AM
I noticed the faster speed, too. (hope, that get's fixed)
Yesterday evening i tried to test my prisoners new passive, yet i got endless loading times - maybe due to server overload - but will test today.

The removed "win 5 pve-matches" daily quest seems strange, as i found it was not too hard or time intenss to complete.

anyone already seen the stat's or skills (or visuals) of the new toons?

Kamuz24z
04-12-2017, 06:59 AM
I've tried corrupted ox cultist just to make sure before I invest skill shards how exactly his passive works it says that counterattack any opponent that attack does that mean every single attack or there is a probability like the assasin new born of light that has 35% , i played a few battles in the arena and it countered some of the attacks please explain a little more about his passive thanks

konstifik
04-12-2017, 07:55 AM
Warrior COTD got his ATK stat buffed to over 2k. Decided to try him out and put 6 maxed strength talismans on him, bringing his total ATK to an impressive 5,8k. Paired him with The Nomad to get ATK buff. 9,5k damage against Sentinel Hell Dice and about 14k damage against SSD in Game of Death. That is with one skill shard, would be 38 % more damage if fully sharded. Obviously a bit of a glass cannon with this build, but I think it proves that he could be interesting.

The Nomad is doing a lot more damage than before as well.

A fully sharded Magus Corrupt Rescuer will now have 100 % to steal positive effects with her basic attack and her AoE power attack have 75 % to freeze for 2 turns.

Tried out a fully sharded and max assassin talismans Vampire Hunter Eddie from a trooper. Again paired with The Nomad for the ATK buff. 21k damage from Stake.

konstifik
04-12-2017, 08:02 AM
When adding more characters, you need to add more character slots. The game now has 143/151 characters (I think) without/with the 8 halloween and christmas characters that are no longer summonable, but only 140 character slots.

ritchbe
04-12-2017, 08:08 AM
Just what my OCD needed.

Defense ratio went from avg. 25% to 5% with the same toons.

Changing Passive skill for Death Dog from Siege -> "Isolate" did it for me.

Am tired of investing skill shards only to wake up they were wasted.

This is really not alright anymore: if you change a character, allow us to (in fact others, I'm done) to retrieve skill shards.

Good luck everyone and sorry to my Troopers. I will remove you as fast as I can.

If someone has a good proposal for my account, he can PM me.

Enti
04-12-2017, 08:33 AM

For me it works as intended - no change in manual play, but is noticeably faster during auto

Kutte
04-12-2017, 08:41 AM
manual is faster, auto same as before and only slightly faster than manual (Android)

scott-5496
04-12-2017, 08:52 AM
It is player faster on 1x manual in PVP but almost used to it already. Seems fine to me to play - not sure on auto in PVE yet but it looks the same but hard to tell.

I went up against Nomad and was down to my CRE vs him and it was a slug fest to win but just managed it. Beware of the Nomad for sure as he heals really well now on his attacks.

Not come up against any bugs as yet other then the speed thing but that is OK for me and makes it more interesting to play as I was getting lazy.

Visions Eddie is quite a formidable beast now and attacked him a few times now and he is tough and work swell in PVP - going up against all green teams is quite a challenge but not lost any yet so we will see.

mjmxiii
04-12-2017, 09:07 AM
Um yeah... definitely faster for me in all modes... x1, x2, auto, manual, PvP, pVe... telling ya it fluctuates and will pick up speed and slow to what seems should be new normal speed and will speed back up at random....regardless, not even close to being the x1 speed before update...playing on android with latest update. Lucky if you aren't seeing this... just glad I'm not the only one reporting this.

Silentknight
04-12-2017, 09:10 AM
Um yeah... definitely faster for me in all modes... x1, x2, auto, manual, PvP, pVe... telling ya it fluctuates and will pick up speed and slow to what seems should be new normal speed and will speed back up at random....regardless, not even close to being the x1 speed before update...playing on android with latest update. Lucky if you aren't seeing this... just glad I'm not the only one reporting this.

I dunno,I kinda like it!!! Challenging! Awesome update guys! Haven't played much but on paper,The Prisoner nerf looks AOK!

Caretaker
04-12-2017, 09:20 AM
What a show :o

After playing a few.. I like that speed went up. Takes some getting used to but it's ok. I like some toones getting powerups.

Known issues LMAO! Intended issues? Better description. Prisoner's current ability renders AoS useless against it. And works as intended. As I said, no worries there for the owners.

Toones target your own team more often (killed myself indirectly twice in the last 20 fights hahahaha, noob)

Visual tuning - ok, but some achievements are unclear as is now, like essence and sot and... where it would matter to be exact and not rounded to k.

mjmxiii
04-12-2017, 09:30 AM
I dunno,I kinda like it!!! Challenging! Awesome update guys! Haven't played much but on paper,The Prisoner nerf looks AOK!

Yeah getting used to it... got the new undead warrior... good stats... cult clerk has some decent stats don't know if they changed him but decided to keep... PvP is a much easier win now too.. Prisoner is non issue now..anyone pick up the sentinel harpy yet?

konstifik
04-12-2017, 09:35 AM
Beware of the Nomad for sure as he heals really well now on his attacks.

Huh? His healing is the same as before (15 % of own HP). Both his attacks are a lot stronger though.

scott-5496
04-12-2017, 09:45 AM
Huh? His healing is the same as before (15 % of own HP). Both his attacks are a lot stronger though.

Not sure as it looked to be more than before but it may be that the one I faced had more HP or does the heal scale of base HP - did that change?

Browno
04-12-2017, 09:52 AM
Seems like nomad heal more. Mine healed around 3k before update and bow around 4k. May have been an increase in base health? I do not remember what he had before update.

konstifik
04-12-2017, 10:18 AM
Perhaps he does heal more, but if so, that's probably unintented as the changes they communicated didn't mention a change in his healing and his HP is the same as before. He did get a higher magic stat, perhaps that somehow also increased his healing.

zdm-1083
04-12-2017, 10:27 AM
@Sparton: What about Sacrifice essence reward scales that was not right? (Reward II (500 essences) is given only when sarifying 501 essences, etc etc...)
It is fixed?

Edith: AFAIS in ingame update description it is announced as fixed.

Prisoner's current ability renders AoS useless against it. And works as intended. As I said, no worries there for the owners..

Yep, that's the only blame for me on this update so far.
I sharded 2 AoS to handle Prisoner team and now I'm fully unarmed against it XD

Patrice-1201
04-12-2017, 12:14 PM
@Sparton what about matchmaking? I am being attacked even more after the update so have now completely given up on PVP apart from iron coins. Really sad as I loved the arena...

Enti
04-12-2017, 12:29 PM
@Sparton what about matchmaking? I am being attacked even more after the update so have now completely given up on PVP apart from iron coins. Really sad as I loved the arena...

I'm experiencing the same. Back to good old 300+ weeks for sure. I was almost missing the feeling, good that I have it again

konstifik
04-12-2017, 12:40 PM

Same here. But my hold ratio is way better then it used to be, with the same team...

Jofer16
04-12-2017, 12:47 PM
Well at least from reports I'm getting it sounds like the speed thing is buggy, was worried at 1st it was intentionally targeting certain folks and not others. Man I wish it was happening for me, could really put on a show for you guys haha.

Be cool if someone could post video of it, I'm curious to see how fast it is.

Liebhild
04-12-2017, 12:56 PM
In my eyes that update isn't an improvement, but one huge step back.

It should help newbies? LOL even the old players dont know, when some effects work or not, on fullmoon you have immunity, but not on friday, excepts it's the 13th.

Void shield helped medium players a lot, but because the top players were crying, void shield became laughable.

Speed ist totaly ****** up, sometimes fast as hell, then normal.

Mummy is stuning if there was no update.

And missing the right toons, the prisioner fix is pfff.

Also other weired shit is happening, too much to write.

Patrice-1201
04-12-2017, 01:02 PM
Same here. But my hold ratio is way better then it used to be, with the same team...

Lucky cause mine is going way down....Thanks to the AOP nerf...

Jofer16
04-12-2017, 01:08 PM
In my eyes that update isn't an improvement, but one huge step back.

It should help newbies? LOL even the old players dont know, when some effects work or not, on fullmoon you have immunity, but not on friday, excepts it's the 13th.

Void shield helped medium players a lot, but because the top players were crying, void shield became laughable.

Speed ist totaly ****** up, sometimes fast as hell, then normal.

Mummy is stuning if there was no update.

And missing the right toons, the prisioner fix is pfff.

Also other weired shit is happening, too much to write.

I'd love to do a free bunch of hours of QA testing for them prior to each update. Also was the 1st to pickup on the self attack bug. I tend to find these things pretty quick. Yeah I was really excited at 1st but it seems this was released a bit prematurely.

Ian
04-12-2017, 01:17 PM

+1 from me.

My PVP experience this week is:
Attacks Made 91
Defended 143

I expect to spend all week getting myself up to around 2000 before bedtime, and finding myself back at ~1700 in the morning.

This is after last week when My attacks made were 210, v 270 defences, whereas people around me in the rankings were often getting a completely reversed ratio. Wouldn't it be nice to have some sort of cap on how many times people can be attacked based on how active they are in launching attacks themselves?

There's always the iron coins I guess but this is becoming tiring.

Askora
04-12-2017, 01:24 PM
Speed definitely fluctuates. Sometimes fast, sometimes about normal speed. Invisibility works almost never, especially if the other team has a prisoner. A warrior troll took down my SGS (fully healed) with one punch. Void shields reflect damage maybe 50% of the time in pve and pvp. My opinion, this update is about as good as the one at the beginning of February where my RTTH would ko himself, and if he didn't kill himself my SGS would finish him off.

CanyptianFit
04-12-2017, 01:38 PM
The notes say burden of the damned reduced to 30%, my mummy skill says it's 25%.

Is it lower now then advertised on notes?

slauki
04-12-2017, 02:27 PM
wow, that's a challanging one to comment.

will start with the good things:

1. daily rewards and archievments are much better now
2. game is sometimes faster, which is good but it fluctuates as people pointed out.
3. siege and prisoner have some kind of counter which is great (siege can also screw you when you go first, but at least you have a chance to setup something)
4. better designs looks nice

But i think you messed up a ton too, especially with the new characters adjustments:

one example: you nerfed corrupt general/axis commander because of his ridiculous stun %. and what did you do now, create a toon blue CR who can stunn 100% for 2 turns with accuracy up??Sorry but WTF??? Yes i have one (in fact i have 3 of them) and i will abuse them but this is really bad. I can name you certain setups where you can stun 3/4 enemies even if you go first. thats really bad overtuning. and there are many more of these examples. (end of the "gonzo memorial rant", for those who remember :P)

seems like the trend goes to heavy singlehitters like nomad, grim reaper, COTD and others. i don't think nomad needed that buff, it was too much for him, but not sure
if he will be a problem, because there are ways to counter it. so maybe it's okay maybe it's not, not sure about them right now. but i understand that you want to create an alternative to the aoe hitters, so let's check how this will end.

i appreciate that you try to buff certain characters, but i'm afraid this removes some opness and create others. right now visons eddie can cause problems because his take removes defnese abilities AOE very high % of the time. again, i have one and i will abuse him, but this will makes us vulnerable to tauntfest and to freezefest again. it's still better than it was before, because it doesn't happend 100% of the time, but it may cause serious problems, and i'm not sure if you can counter if if you go 2nd.

but overall our defense rates will prolly go down a lot when people adjust and learn the new mechanics and then we will suffer even more from the broken pointsystem and matchmaking problems.
i played 50 or more rounds pvp to test the situation, now i'm rank 15-17 and i never saw some of the bigguns like jofer, nicko, fallen angel, coletrain or others. prolly they are too far ahead in points, so list doesn't show them for me. i didn't saw them for weeks on my attacking list this is too much of a protection for them. now i'm at 15 i prolly also doesn't show up in many lists, so i will also likely profit from that scenario, but man, that's not okay o not see them at all.
Simply reduce point losses from the defense as long as you haven't found a good matchmaking/list system, this system is very likely as broken as it was before. after this things are fixed you can rise the losses again if you want but for now this would be the way to go imo.

could write even more, but i have mixed feelings about this. some really good improvements and some huge screwups i think. but at least it's fun to play
at the momement, because we have to relearn the game, but i'm afraid that we will have similar problems as always in a few days/weeks.

everythings said on the skillshards, but aftert important changes, we deserve the hard earned skillshgards back, as everyone pointed out. yes we can earn them more easily but if someones is unhappy with his nerfed char where he put 22 skillshards in, he deserve them back (only after important nerfs). But we all have read that several times :P

and some new content is missing, was really hoping for BNW, but prolly this will take much loger as expected. would be really curious why the BNW, which was planed for november, causes such big trouble. It's half a year now, since it was planned, really weird.

R1ck
04-12-2017, 03:04 PM
Totally agree with Slauki, Vision's Take is too much , he removes beneficial effects from 3 of 4 toons. AI always uses it first and your team is without defenses and will be taunted or freezed for 2 turns. Take should remain for one opponent, make it 100% but only one.

slauki
04-12-2017, 03:07 PM
Totally agree with Slauki, Vision's Take is too much , he removes beneficial effects from 3 of 4 toons. AI always uses it first and your team is without defenses and will be taunted or freezed for 2 turns. Take should remain for one opponent, make it 100% but only one.

or drasticly reduce proc % or let him remove only one buff or something like that...otherwise the next mummy eddie is born ;)
but he won't be that common, because he is rare, so many more will complain which will lead to changes pretty fast hopefully.

Kris-0707
04-12-2017, 03:10 PM
Lets point out something else.
What about loot on LoL? This is just ridiculous. I did quite few runs yesterday, day before, last week etc etc to get *** evo shards, obviously I’m talking about LoLX and what I get? Lots of low stars normal shards, plenty of * and ** evo shards, gold (WTF?) and few *** neutral colour evo shards per several runs. What is the point to play LoLX if the loot is so crappy and I could get the same shit on LoL2-3?
Someone can tell that I can get evo shards from GoD, bullshit, haven't seen ***evo shards from GoD since weeks, and LoL been advertized as a place for farming evo shards to power up our toons, SoT draining place for farm I could say.
You invented sacrifice, nice feature but … how the hell I can make ***** toons for sacrificing without high evo shards as drop rate for these things is so flicking low?
Ok, there is a chance for ***** toons from souls - joke of the day, drop from rare souls is nerfed to the ground, drop from coloured rare souls is even worse, I have spent a lot of trooper points for them, could have several skill shards, instead of that - plenty *** legendary soldiers, harpies etc.
Lack of ideas devs ... really?

HomemLivre
04-12-2017, 03:12 PM

I manage to fight agains Visions teams and even if he try to use take, only 1 or 2 of my chars lost his buffs.
In the whole scenario I lost only 1 battle agains a Visions team and couse I was a dumb and was not becouse him, just becouse I didnt manage wisely my buffs agains a Void Shield.

Acc up is a buff that many disregard, maybe you just need to try dif team against it. Just like the Prisoner was before the nerf, this is not a threat if you manage to use the right toons to face it.

Edit: A toon that scared me all the times I faced was the DD. Thats really powerfull. RNG are always agains me and the DD removed buffs from 2 toons all the time, and he dont even need to use a no damage attack to do it lol. But thats ok, was a little harder to face it but its manageble to.

Cheers

angelkelly
04-12-2017, 03:15 PM
I honestly don't think this update will bring much diversity in the arena as it currently stands. I still see the same people using the same old teams over and over again. Gre, Ssd, Troll, Mummy, Angel of fear, Prisoner, and Angel of pain. Which defeats the whole purpose of this somewhat update.

At this point all I care about is new content. Until then this game will be forever boring, repetitive, and not rewarding. It seems you guys spend so much time updating with little to show for it. Every update just brings more issues with little to enjoy. There hasn't been anything new in months. Smh... Along with a better reward system.

For instance,

1) Secret locations is suppose to give you rare loot you can't get anywhere else. Yet you guys make it impossible to get these rare items. Such as skill shards and GA souls.
All for what?. Isn't that the whole purpose of secret locations.

2) Daily rewards was suppose to be something you love signing into the game in getting. Yet up until now you guys finally made the decison to change up the rewards. Which Is great, but then again how great could it be if you guys wasn't so DAMN stingy.:)

3) Farming the game was suppose to be fun and yet exciting. "IF" the rewards were great. Yet I can go 15 runs in, and only accumulate enough to lvl up a 1* character to lvl 10.
☆Like a suggestion would be to make more skill shards/ GA souls or maybe just regular rare souls drop in every boss dunegon you play. Plus more xp shards and xp runes included.

With that being said, I believe you guys are tad bit stingy when it comes to rewarding players for their hard work. That is why most people probably hate on jofer not because he's always #1. But because of what he's getting vs the rest. Again, maybe if you guys wasn't so greedy with rewarding players. This game could be better once in for all.

Edit: Don't mind if my post is all over the place. I hate writing and never was the best in school.

R1ck
04-12-2017, 03:33 PM
I manage to fight agains Visions teams and even if he try to use take, only 1 or 2 of my chars lost his buffs.
In the whole scenario I lost only 1 battle agains a Visions team and couse I was a dumb and was not becouse him, just becouse I didnt manage wisely my buffs agains a Void Shield.

Acc up is a buff that many disregard, maybe you just need to try dif team against it. Just like the Prisoner was before the nerf, this is not a threat if you manage to use the right toons to face it.

Edit: A toon that scared me all the times I faced was the DD. Thats really powerfull. RNG are always agains me and the DD removed buffs from 2 toons all the time against me, and he dont even need to use an no damage attack to do it lol. But thats ok, was a little harder to face it but its manageble to.

Cheers

It is not if I have a problem facing him, I have had several fights against those teams including yours and won every battle.
The point is that many characters have been Nerf for less and Visions has a basic attack that can remove 3 of 4 toons beneficial effects. IMO is not ok, maybe for you is because you have it.

hold
04-12-2017, 03:39 PM
After playing some more today I really really don't like that update at all.

Prisoners debuff trumps immunity - wtf? So the only toons that might benefit from the nerf are the ones that use a passive move every round or have a permanent passive. Toons with 1st round buffs are screwed even with immunity talismans on. Every other toon I hoped for I can use with immunity talis on them are still on the bench because they are still not usable. I had high hopes on Desert Maurauder but against the Prisoner he doesn't give the party 2 rounds of perfect hits. At a certain point it was said that immunity helps against the Prisoner and because of that I started sharding the Desert Maurauder. I should have waited really.

What this update did however was destroying the only silver bullet we had against the Prisoner and that is the AoS.

I don't kow if those are bugs or work as intended. The thing I know is that even my defense rate was never good (15% ish) since the update it went down to 5%.

Now I have even less motivation to spend any skillshards on anything because who knows what will be absolutely useless next. My AoP (fully sharded) is due to a bug still useful (if going 2nd) but that will be the next toon sitting full with wasted skillshards on the bench. I don't dare to skillshard the magus CR or the Reaper as they will be the next ones that will be hit with the nerf bat and I have even more wasted skillshards.

I really think the intended nerf for the Prisoner was way too much but the devs seem to jump from one extreme to the other. In PvP it is the first round that counts and nothing else. With this update the Prisoner is still the same killjoy for diversity as he used to be and imho it made him stronger as the AoS is a toon for the bin.

With the rest of the newly introduced bugs I really think this is a very unfortunate update.

HomemLivre
04-12-2017, 03:43 PM
It is not if I have a problem facing him, I have had several fights against those teams including yours and won every battle.
The point is that many characters have been Nerf for less and Visions has a basic attack that can remove 3 of 4 toons beneficial effects. IMO is not ok, maybe for you is because you have it.

Its not becouse a I have him, I sharded mine since he was released, so Im using him just couse I always liked this guy.
What Im talking to you is all the times I face one, I never reported what you told, that he removed 3 to 4 toons buffs from my teams, always 1 or 2, 3 was the maximum that I noticed. And as I said, Acc Up is a buff that many disregard and help lots of procin toons.

If you dont have a problem facing him than whats the point of this thread? Visions is a natural 5* Eddie and for the first time he looks like one and you know why? Just couse devs improved his AI (as the patch notes shows) for all skills.
We are not seen other buffed Eddies like the Samurai just couse their AI is poor. All 5* Eddies are incredible strong in theyr role, but few have an AI good enough to use his skills in the right time. Why does Visions used his tike first time against your team? Couse you go with to many buffs against him first turn, simple as that.
Hes now a true 5* he deserves to be, no need of nerf imo, just need an AI improvement in all other Eddies. I really want to use my fully sharded Fear of the Dark Eddie, but I cant, couse he acts like a dumb *as in PvP.

Cheers.

HomemLivre
04-12-2017, 03:47 PM
After playing some more today I really really don't like that update at all.

Prisoners debuff trumps immunity - wtf? So the only toons that might benefit from the nerf are the ones that use a passive move every round or have a permanent passive. Toons with 1st round buffs are screwed even with immunity talismans on. Every other toon I hoped for I can use with immunity talis on them are still on the bench because they are still not usable. I had high hopes on Desert Maurauder but against the Prisoner he doesn't give the party 2 rounds of perfect hits. At a certain point it was said that immunity helps against the Prisoner and because of that I started sharding the Desert Maurauder. I should have waited really.

What this update did however was destroying the only silver bullet we had against the Prisoner and that is the AoS.

I don't kow if those are bugs or work as intended. The thing I know is that even my defense rate was never good (15% ish) since the update it went down to 5%.

Now I have even less motivation to spend any skillshards on anything because who knows what will be absolutely useless next. My AoP (fully sharded) is due to a bug still useful (if going 2nd) but that will be the next toon sitting full with wasted skillshards on the bench. I don't dare to skillshard the magus CR or the Reaper as they will be the next ones that will be hit with the nerf bat and I have even more wasted skillshards.

I really think the intended nerf for the Prisoner was way too much but the devs seem to jump from one extreme to the other. In PvP it is the first round that counts and nothing else. With this update the Prisoner is still the same killjoy for diversity as he used to be and imho it made him stronger as the AoS is a toon for the bin.

With the rest of the newly introduced bugs I really think this is a very unfortunate update.

Sup mate,

I tryied a DM agains a Prisoner to.

I need to use 2 sets of Immunity to make my team maintain the buff for the two rounds.

What sets have you used to face the Prisoner?

hold
04-12-2017, 04:10 PM
Sup mate,

I tryied a DM agains a Prisoner to.

I need to use 2 sets of Immunity to make my team maintain the buff for the two rounds.

What sets have you used to face the Prisoner?

I used 1 set of immunity and I had the immunity symbol on the DM (or any other toon with a pasive) but also the debuff of the Prisoner at the same time. So another bug? I should have had perfect hits at least for one round? I also tried an immunity set on the Rocket Dog (purple) as I thought that will keep the debuff of the Prisoner away and the dog grants immunity to the whole team. that did not work as well.

I'm getting really confused now what is a bug and what is intended ... maybe the devs can shine some light how it actually should work.

HomemLivre
04-12-2017, 04:15 PM
I used 1 set of immunity and I had the immunity symbol on the DM (or any other toon with a pasive) but also the debuff of the Prisoner at the same time. So another bug? I should have had perfect hits at least for one round? I also tried an immunity set on the Rocket Dog (purple) as I thought that will keep the debuff of the Prisoner away and the dog grants immunity to the whole team. that did not work as well.

I'm getting really confused now what is a bug and what is intended ... maybe the devs can shine some light how it actually should work.

Yeah, its a bug Hold.
Is a known issue and Im sure devs are working to solve it.

Related in the bottom of the patch notes page:
- If your team goes first, the Immunity talismans will not protect against an enemy Prisoner’s Passive Aggression -
- Certain passives will not function even after the Passive Disabled status effect wears off -

Relax, you didnt upgrade your DM for nothing hahah

Cheers!

Edit: I went second when I manage to stay with my Perfect Hit buff.

Liebhild
04-12-2017, 04:19 PM
And they are still manipulating the probabilities. What I observed now for weeks is still the same.

This is made to steal money.

Example:
Sparton little loverboy SSD taunted the whole team, not one toon of mine made a perfect hit.
I blinded 3 enemies, all 3 perfect hits.

And this is always that way!!!

Rodrigo-3281
04-12-2017, 04:26 PM
one example: you nerfed corrupt general/axis commander because of his ridiculous stun %. and what did you do now, create a toon blue CR who can stunn 100% for 2 turns with accuracy up??Sorry but WTF??? Yes i have one (in fact i have 3 of them) and i will abuse them but this is really bad. I can name you certain setups where you can stun 3/4 enemies even if you go first. thats really bad overtuning. and there are many more of these examples. (end of the "gonzo memorial rant", for those who remember :P)

This CR freeze for 2 turns is absolutely crazy! Most of the time my entire team gets frozen and I just sit there as I get mauled. This is going to be the new stun/taunt.

hold
04-12-2017, 04:30 PM
@HomemLivre ... cheers! So I put some more shards on the DM as I really like this beast. Perfect against taunting teams.

And they are still manipulating the probabilities. What I observed now for weeks is still the same.

This is made to steal money.

Example:
Sparton little loverboy SSD taunted the whole team, not one toon of mine made a perfect hit.
I blinded 3 enemies, all 3 perfect hits.

And this is always that way!!!

My team does or did perfect hits actually quite a fair bit even taunted.

Since I pulled a DM the game has however changed a fair bit. I build it up to get guaranteed perfect hits against taunting teams. These teams have much less fun against me these days as I can hit back very very hard and don't even need to touch the screen for that :)

blackbolt
04-12-2017, 04:31 PM
Sparton, a new "SACRO8" error code appears when I'm in the sacrifice screen...it seems to occur regularly every 3 or 4 consecutive sacrifices.

HomemLivre
04-12-2017, 04:37 PM
@HomemLivre ... cheers! So I put some more shards on the DM as I really like this beast. Perfect against taunting teams.

My team does or did perfect hits actually quite a fair bit even taunted.

Since I pulled a DM the game has however changed a fair bit. I build it up to get guaranteed perfect hits against taunting teams. These teams have much less fun against me these days as I can hit back very very hard and don't even need to touch the screen for that :)

Yep, Its easy to manage almost every team, especially with this such good guy DM hahahah
I like him so much, his criticals are monstruous! lol

Sparton_LOTB
04-12-2017, 05:27 PM
@Sparton: What about Sacrifice essence reward scales that was not right? (Reward II (500 essences) is given only when sarifying 501 essences, etc etc...)
It is fixed?

Edith: AFAIS in ingame update description it is announced as fixed.

Ah, yes, my bad, that is indeed fixed.

I'm experiencing the same. Back to good old 300+ weeks for sure. I was almost missing the feeling, good that I have it again

+1 from me.

Ah, damnit, I think the matchmaking is prioritizing people with similar attack:defense ratios, not people with more attacks than defenses...

I'll follow up with the progammer who worked on the matchmaking and see if he can confirm/fix accordingly.

The notes say burden of the damned reduced to 30%, my mummy skill says it's 25%.

Is it lower now then advertised on notes?

It looks like the skill description is under-reporting; it functions 30% of the time as far as the data is concerned. We'll get that corrected for a subsequent update.

That's a legitimate concern, but comparing potential 100% stun rate for a basic attack to potential 100% freeze rate for a [EDIT] 5 power skill is a bit of an apples to oranges comparison. In addition, we have new things like the Harpy passive and Immunity talismans, and in the future, we'll have other kinds of passive effects (on characters and on talismans) that could make relying on 100% freeze rate very, very risky. Obviously, if we did overtune we'll have to revisit, but we feel that because the power cost is so high and the proliferation of anti-CC methods is rising and continuing to rise, this will help with making the character appealing (as opposed to benchwarming material).

or drasticly reduce proc % or let him remove only one buff or something like that...otherwise the next mummy eddie is born ;)
but he won't be that common, because he is rare, so many more will complain which will lead to changes pretty fast hopefully.

I'll discuss this more with Kaz, but he did point out to me that Visions Eddie is mostly utility and largely no damaging capabilities. It's just now that his utility is a lot more reliable.

Overall, we have a lot of single target remove beneficial effect options in the game (and added more with this update), and we felt for Visions Eddie to shine, he needed to have some form of AoE removal instead of trying to buff his single-target removal, which is why we went the direction we did with Take.

Also, it's 50% from all enemies, so against 4 enemies, on average 2 will lose buffs (https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=4+trials+with+a+50%25+chance+of+success), not 3 or 4. There's as much a chance of 3 or 4 losing their buffs as there is 1 or 0.

As HomemLivre noted, Immunity talismans not always working against the Prisoner is a known issue, and we hope to have a fix for this soon.

Sparton, a new "SACRO8" error code appears when I'm in the sacrifice screen...it seems to occur regularly every 3 or 4 consecutive sacrifices.

The programmer says that's a timeout error. Is it possible you're in a place with a connection that's not that great?

Enti
04-12-2017, 05:50 PM
Ah, damnit, I think the matchmaking is prioritizing people with similar attack:defense ratios, not people with more attacks than defenses...

Soooooooooo.... correct me if I'm wrong. But based on this information - if I start to attack like mad and drive my attack # up to 2-3 times the number I was attacked, I will less probably be on others' list? That would explain many players' posts claiming top scorers rarely appearing on attack lists

This should definitely be treated asap imo

R1ck
04-12-2017, 05:51 PM
Sparton: just had a battle vs Gmacs team and his visions removed beneficial effects from all my toons, that is not ok. I can make a video if you want to show you that Take is triggering more than intended but I assume you have a test team. Again I did won the battle but that is not the point, also The Prisoner passive is being applied more than intended, 50%. I do use one but still I think is not ok.

HomemLivre
04-12-2017, 05:55 PM
Thanks for your quickly reply about all of concerns, Sparton.

I'll discuss this more with Kaz, but he did point out to me that Visions Eddie is mostly utility and largely no damaging capabilities. It's just now that his utility is a lot more reliable.

Overall, we have a lot of single target remove beneficial effect options in the game (and added more with this update), and we felt for Visions Eddie to shine, he needed to have some form of AoE removal instead of trying to buff his single-target removal, which is why we went the direction we did with Take.

Also, it's 50% from all enemies, so against 4 enemies, on average 2 will lose buffs (https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=4+trials+with+a+50%25+chance+of+success), not 3 or 4. There's as much a chance of 3 or 4 losing their buffs as there is 1 or 0.

Thats what I understand while playing with/against the Visions, no damage (really, 800 damage first turn?) and avarage 2 buff removes.
Noticed while defending against a Visions: (1 time 3 buffs remove / 7 times 2 buffs remove / 4 times 1 buff remove / 4 times 0 buffs remove)

Again, thanks for your reply.

Cheers.

BenjaminBreeg
04-12-2017, 05:59 PM
I use Visions:
That beneficial effects of 1 are removed seems to me way more often than of 3, of 4 I remember once and of 0 I remember 5 times.
What I want to say with this: it is 50% and I feel it's OK. For you the times where more were removed will be better in mind than times where less than 2 were removed, simple psychology...
I think visions became first time useful, and as Sparton told, he doesn't really deal damage...

slauki
04-12-2017, 05:59 PM
That's a legitimate concern, but comparing potential 100% stun rate for a basic attack to potential 100% freeze rate for a 6 power skill is a bit of an apples to oranges comparison. In addition, we have new things like the Harpy passive and Immunity talismans, and in the future, we'll have other kinds of passive effects (on characters and on talismans) that could make relying on 100% freeze rate very, very risky. Obviously, if we did overtune we'll have to revisit, but we feel that because the power cost is so high and the proliferation of anti-CC methods is rising and continuing to rise, this will help with making the character appealing (as opposed to benchwarming material).

okay, fair arguments, i don't know what the future will bring, but imagine the following situation from today:

Visions Eddie, Alliance General, Pruple Troll (or red ABB) and blue Rescuer

you go first: AG will steal power 105% of the time (lol). So we have 7 Power from the start. Visions will remove the beneficials from 3 chars on avarage and blue rescuer will stun this guys 100% of the time for 2 turns. I tested it and it works damn good. When they enemy can act again Visions Eddies Fury will make them stunned again. Okay you need a specific setup, but this is pretty badass OP i think ;) Even when going 2nd this is a win situation >97% of the time if you use it against appropriate teams. For me this is completly broken. and it doesn't matter that visions doesn't do that much damage in this case...

HomemLivre
04-12-2017, 06:06 PM
okay, fair arguments, i don't know what the future will bring, but imagine the following situation from today:

you go first: AG will steal power 105% of the time (lol). So we have 7 Power from the start. Visions will remove the beneficials from 3 chars on avarage and blue rescuer will stun this guys 100% of the time for 2 turns. I tested it and it works damn good. When they enemy can act again Visions Eddies Fury will make them stunned again. Okay you need a certain setup, but this is pretty badass OP i think ;) Even when going 2nd this is a win situation >97% of the time if you use it against appropriate teams. For me this is completly broken. and it doesn't matter that visions doesn't do that much damage in this case...

Hey Slauki, this is a nice combo, indeed!
Did you face Prisoner teams with this team of yours?

gmac
04-12-2017, 06:15 PM
Soooooooooo.... correct me if I'm wrong. But based on this information - if I start to attack like mad and drive my attack # up to 2-3 times the number I was attacked, I will less probably be on others' list? That would explain many players' posts claiming top scorers rarely appearing on attack lists

Hi everybody, here goes my stats so far this week, for ratio comparison and matchmaking purposes.

Never saw any top 10 on my list this week so far, currently 5th

Attacks: 463
Defenses: 172

The differences between rations are remarkable, something that needs to be addressed.

Having said that, It is also tough staying up there early during the week, 20 points per any loss and 12 for every win is also unbalanced.

Good luck devs balancing both issues :)

gmac
04-12-2017, 06:17 PM
I use Visions:
That beneficial effects of 1 are removed seems to me way more often than of 3, of 4 I remember once and of 0 I remember 5 times.
What I want to say with this: it is 50% and I feel it's OK. For you the times where more were removed will be better in mind than times where less than 2 were removed, simple psychology...
I think visions became first time useful, and as Sparton told, he doesn't really deal damage...

Agreed, Visions is working as intended and is just fine.

And I believe we will see remove beneficial effects talismans real soon, accuracy up too.

Cheers

HomemLivre
04-12-2017, 06:30 PM
Agreed, Visions is working as intended and is just fine.

And I believe we will see remove beneficial effects talismans real soon, accuracy up too.

Cheers

Yeap, agreed with both of you!

I faced Slauki's team a minutes ago and RNG was by my side, he started, Visions used take and none of my chars lost their buffs.

But something that I noticed not just in this game, but in all of the games Im playing, the buffs that have 1 turn duration just vanish to the void when the turn One phase just pass to another player, its weird, they should stay until the player 1 starts his second turn.

gmac
04-12-2017, 06:36 PM
Yeap, agreed with both of you!

I faced Slauki's team a minutes ago and RNG was by my side, he started, Visions used take and none of my chars lost their buffs.

But something that I noticed not just in this game, but in all of the games Im playing, the buffs that have 1 turn duration just vanish to the void when the turn One phase just pass to another player, its weird, they should stay until the player 1 starts his second turn.

Slauki has a great defense going on, lost twice in a row yesterday.

Also, Visions got fixed, plus a buff on take, AND AI is better, this is key, I hope other Eddies get their AI improved as well.

HomemLivre
04-12-2017, 06:42 PM

Also, Visions got fixed, plus a buff on take, AND AI is better, this is key, I hope other Eddies get their AI improved as well.

Visions is a natural 5* Eddie and for the first time he looks like one and you know why? Just couse devs improved his AI (as the patch notes shows) for all skills.
We are not seen other buffed Eddies like the Samurai just couse their AI is poor. All 5* Eddies are incredible strong in theyr role, but few have an AI good enough to use his skills in the right time. Why does Visions used his tike first time against your team? Couse you go with to many buffs against him first turn, simple as that.
Hes now a true 5* he deserves to be, no need of nerf imo, just need an AI improvement in all other Eddies. I really want to use my fully sharded Fear of the Dark Eddie, but I cant, couse he acts like a dumb *as in PvP.

At least more people that read this on the patch notes. AI improved.

Tritium
04-12-2017, 07:04 PM

You have a great point here. If all Eddies received improved AI, I'm sure you'd see a lot more creativity in PVP. For instance, Cyborg's past (increases accuracy) and future (heals and chance for immunity) basic moves are amazing, but I've never seen the AI utilize either of them before. Also, GRE never uses Cleave. These are just a few examples off the top of my head, but it shows how the Eddie AI still doesn't make full use of certain Eddie's skill sets. I wouldn't mind seeing a few updates dedicated solely to AI tweaks and improvements.

Sparton_LOTB
04-12-2017, 07:06 PM

It's not necessarily that you'd be on lists less. You'd be on the lists of other people with similar attack:defense ratios.

Based on a random sampling of players I investigated the matchmaking values for, most people are within the 0.5-1.5 area, but a decent amount are 2.0 or higher, so for most players it's just adjusting who you see more than how often you're in others' lists.

Obviously still not intended, and is something we'll aim to fix for the next release, but it still functions close to intended for most players.

you go first: AG will steal power 105% of the time (lol). So we have 7 Power from the start. Visions will remove the beneficials from 3 chars on avarage and blue rescuer will stun this guys 100% of the time for 2 turns. I tested it and it works damn good. When they enemy can act again Visions Eddies Fury will make them stunned again. Okay you need a specific setup, but this is pretty badass OP i think ;) Even when going 2nd this is a win situation >97% of the time if you use it against appropriate teams. For me this is completly broken. and it doesn't matter that visions doesn't do that much damage in this case...

Definitely a strong combo. Off the top of my head, the only real answer I can think of is praying a party cleanser isn't CC'd (you've basically made the combo team that went first waste their entire turn), or use Pharaoh Dog King (possibly in conjunction with party cleansers).

EDIT: Removing points about odds of this happening; forgot to take into account skill levels on Alliance General

At least more people that read this on the patch notes. AI improved.

You have a great point here. If all Eddies received improved AI, I'm sure you'd see a lot more creativity in PVP. For instance, Cyborg's past (increases accuracy) and future (heals and chance for immunity) basic moves are amazing, but I've never seen the AI utilize either of them before. Also, GRE never uses Cleave. These are just a few examples off the top of my head, but it shows how the Eddie AI still doesn't make full use of certain Eddie's skill sets. I wouldn't mind seeing a few updates dedicated solely to AI tweaks and improvements.

Yeah, after some experimenting with how the AI data is set up, we found ways that don't quite make the AI do what we originally intended, but nonetheless can get them to be some semblance of "smarter", so we're hoping to roll out AI improvements to various Eddies over time.

HomemLivre
04-12-2017, 07:12 PM
Yeah, after some experimenting with how the AI data is set up, we found ways that don't quite make the AI do what we originally intended, but nonetheless can get them to be some semblance of "smarter", so we're hoping to roll out AI improvements to various Eddies over time.

I can't wait to see this in the patch notes!!! Thanks agains, Sparton!

Ezz
04-12-2017, 07:35 PM
Immunity talisman failures is a deal breaker. Tough to build any type strategy when one of the key tools of the game is unstable. This should be P1 period

blackbolt
04-12-2017, 07:57 PM
The programmer says that's a timeout error. Is it possible you're in a place with a connection that's not that great?

Mmm, I was everytime on home's WiFi at not more than 2 meters from the router...But I did some additional testing, it happens every second or third subsequent sacrifice...They were all "petty sacrifices" from 2* and 1* toons combinations...don't know if for some reason it's just me, that is also possible, but it seems very regular to me...

Enti
04-12-2017, 08:01 PM
It's not necessarily that you'd be on lists less. You'd be on the lists of other people with similar attack:defense ratios.

Based on a random sampling of players I investigated the matchmaking values for, most people are within the 0.5-1.5 area, but a decent amount are 2.0 or higher, so for most players it's just adjusting who you see more than how often you're in others' lists.

I will be the tester of this for you Sparton. Gonna jump into PvP and see in 2 days' time what happens with number of attacks against me and who performed them. This will be an interesting experiment

Jofer16
04-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Mmm, I was everytime on home's WiFi at not more than 2 meters from the router...But I did some additional testing, it happens every second or third subsequent sacrifice...They were all "petty sacrifices" from 2* and 1* toons combinations...don't know if for some reason it's just me, that is also possible, but it seems very regular to me...

Nope not just you. I just did a bunch of sacrifices too and got 3 error restarts. Seems like another new bug, my connection is stable so it was definitely the app.

Sparton_LOTB
04-12-2017, 09:08 PM
Immunity talisman failures is a deal breaker. Tough to build any type strategy when one of the key tools of the game is unstable. This should be P1 period

I just saw our QA make a comment on the issue in our bug tracker; the state of this is that it'll function in the next update, even if it may visually look like the Passive Disable is also on the character. EDIT: To be clear though, we're still aiming to thoroughly solve the issue. That's just where we are right now.

tl;dr Functionally it should work next update.

Nope not just you. I just did a bunch of sacrifices too and got 3 error restarts. Seems like another new bug, my connection is stable so it was definitely the app.

Yeah, I did a quick hit of 10 sacrifices on LTE and had no issues (to ensure my office wifi wasn't causing problems). We're having discussions internally about how to improve handling connectivity issues to reduce false positives while also timing out for legitimate flakiness.

Have either of you guys noticed any cases where the sacrifice hangs and you have to restart? I think it's now properly erroring out instead of hanging forever, which is why you're seeing the error.

Jofer16
04-12-2017, 09:16 PM
Have either of you guys noticed any cases where the sacrifice hangs and you have to restart? I think it's now properly erroring out instead of hanging forever, which is why you're seeing the error.

Yeah I used to get that every now and then before yesterday's update, so that makes sense as I'm seeing this one now instead. And seems kinda random for me, 1st time it popped I was on 7 or 8 in a row and then the next time only after 2.

Nine
04-12-2017, 09:28 PM
I ran into the mentioned error when using Sacrifice a few times today. The Wifi connection is stable and I haven't had any other problems ingame or otherwise. I had the hanging before, but that was rare and I can confirm the error message now shows up every 2 to 3 sacrifices.

An addition to my mentioning of Piercing Talismans not working on opponents with Defense up: I payed some more attention and I think that is in fact not the issue. The buff doesn't work independently of the opponents status rather frequently for me. I am using a Warrior Rocketdog, maybe the issue is due to him. I'll do more test if I have the time..

Tritium
04-12-2017, 10:41 PM
Just experienced a weird bug while PVPing where the game hanged after I used Cyborg's "Dead Eye" basic attack. After the 3rd tap to trigger the attack, my Cyborg did this jerky movement where he raised his gun to attack but then quickly reset back to his normal stance and continued to perpetually stare at the enemy team rather than doing anything. I couldn't tap anything and the game wouldn't continue without Cyborg finishing his turn, so I had to restart the app. Shame, there's a random loss for me.

Also, I've been experiencing an exorbitant amount of attacks after the update. Yesterday, after being unable to play for 12+ hours, I logged in to see that I had received 42 attacks (never received that many before ─ especially during a period where I couldn't even play and therefore show up on lists). I'm now at:
Attacks: 79
Defense: 174
This doesn't seem right to me. I won't be able to be competitive this week at this rate. :|

mjmxiii
04-12-2017, 10:47 PM
I'd love to do a free bunch of hours of QA testing for them prior to each update. Also was the 1st to pickup on the self attack bug. I tend to find these things pretty quick. Yeah I was really excited at 1st but it seems this was released a bit prematurely.

Would be willing to do this too bro.... the speed thing does seem buggy.. still going on and getting used to it.. shouldn't have to but... every update, cool shit overshadowed by bugs..

PerthEddie
04-12-2017, 10:53 PM
Just going back to the attack/defence ratio. I am not 100% sure how it is supposed to work. Woke up this morning to see 21 attacks overnight. That now puts me at:

Attacks 57
Defence 124

Also seems like I am getting attacked a lot more since the update ( I think about 50 attacks since the update went live). Is this correct?

Ezz
04-13-2017, 02:31 AM
Vanish is bugged. It is not disappearing after the toon with it attacks. Lost a couple pvp matches tonight by attacking a toon with vanish that had just attacked me and my hit did nothing and made the stupid sound of a miss. And it did not reactivate either because the count went down and the were no longer translucent. BS please fix

hold
04-13-2017, 05:12 AM
Vanish is bugged. It is not disappearing after the toon with it attacks. Lost a couple pvp matches tonight by attacking a toon with vanish that had just attacked me and my hit did nothing and made the stupid sound of a miss. And it did not reactivate either because the count went down and the were no longer translucent. BS please fix

It is definitely bugged with the debuff of the Prisoner active because it is not triggering at all. I also got attacked a lot more.

I really wish there would be a few updates that bring nothing else but bugfixes. No new stuff and rather concentrate on improcing existing stuff. Those bugs really suck the fun out of the game. You cannot plan for anything. If you adapt to the buggy gameplay now that strategy might not work in the future and you are back to square one.

mjmxiii
04-13-2017, 05:49 AM
Had a weird thing just happen in PvP (surprise, surprise)... Was facing an AoP, AoF and SSD... my last char standing, artillery dog cast his endure/immunity and lost one round to Siege, took some damage from AoP, got hit by SSD and lost his endure and immunity and then got killed by AoF.... did I miss something on the update? SSD can remove buffs now? Is there a talisman I dont know about? Or is it just another shitty bug?

satani
04-13-2017, 07:46 AM
Had a weird thing just happen in PvP (surprise, surprise)... Was facing an AoP, AoF and SSD... my last char standing, artillery dog cast his endure/immunity and lost one round to Siege, took some damage from AoP, got hit by SSD and lost his endure and immunity and then got killed by AoF.... did I miss something on the update? SSD can remove buffs now? Is there a talisman I dont know about? Or is it just another shitty bug?

i also noted that some sentinels (allie bomber boy?) removed the shield off my GCRescurer, thus killing her and resulting in me losing the battle.

Also i got 2 of the new toons:
the 2* Warrior Undead Soldier (as he's common, i think everybody will soon have him.
Well, this stats seem to get good: i have him now at 4* 80 and compared to my 4*80 assassin pyro soldier: a little less life, a little more atk and a lot more def/mr.
His attack is single target and 75% chance positive effect removal works (not to be confused with effect steal of Viking Eddie, Assassin Troll or Assassin Undead Soldier).

And i spent some Sentinel Souls and got lucky and got me the new Harpy: (btw. red and blue harpy's new passive is interesting as well)
She looks cool, aoe true damage (scales on enemy life, should be interesting against other sentinels!)

Now only the new Cultis/Creric is missing.

To prisoners new passive: seems fair. On first round, he's the same as before and after that, it's a 50/50 that your toon's passive gets disabled. Yet i like, that. It's ok.

mjmxiii
04-13-2017, 09:24 AM
Ok yeah I just got all my buffs removed by Sentinel ABB. Went first, had Troll shields, void and immunity taken out in one shot, all chars debuffed. If you have that char and SSD, put them on defense! Thanks for confirming I'm not crazy Satani lol... anyone else seeing that?

Enti
04-13-2017, 09:26 AM
Ok yeah I just got all my buffs removed by Sentinel ABB. Went first, had Troll shields, void and immunity taken out in one shot, all chars debuffed. If you have that char and SSD, put them on defense! Thanks for confirming I'm not crazy Satani lol... anyone else seeing that?

I had a fight with Rygone last night when I casted my buffs, then without his team even touching mine, everything went *POOF* and got the DoTs from his attacks immediately (Note: if her, sry for that, can't know)
I still managed to win, but man, that was a close call

mjmxiii
04-13-2017, 09:33 AM
I had a fight with Rygone last night when I casted my buffs, then without his team even touching mine, everything went *POOF* and got the DoTs from his attacks immediately (Note: if her, sry for that, can't know)
I still managed to win, but man, that was a close call

Ok thanks Enti.. just glad I'm not nuts lol... noticed that too, trying to get buffs to stick is really funky right now. Think PvP is *POOF* for a while lol

PerthEddie
04-13-2017, 10:53 AM
Just going back to the attack/defence ratio. I am not 100% sure how it is supposed to work. Woke up this morning to see 21 attacks overnight. That now puts me at:

Attacks 57
Defence 124

Also seems like I am getting attacked a lot more since the update ( I think about 50 attacks since the update went live). Is this correct?

Seriously what the f**k is going on with this balancing? I am now up to 154 attacks so another 30 since I posted earlier. Like I said not sure how it works but I haven't actually played the Arena for about 22hrs now. I am not chasing rank and I know some players are having it worse than me but I am still finding it a bit soul destroying to be honest :( I dread to think what is going to happen when I do play Arena later on!!

blade685
04-13-2017, 11:20 AM
I opened many many souls to sacrifice them and now i can't summon "server error " since yesterday, and can't do daly reward 5 souls, thanks to do something
:rolleyes:

HomemLivre
04-13-2017, 12:17 PM
Today is that day that everything seems to go wrong.

Lost three won battles due to a infinite "team show" screen at the end of the battle...
App force restart was necessary in this three times...

Heavy1974
04-13-2017, 02:08 PM
My Sentinel Bomber Boy committed suicide today in the Arena today. was the last man standing in my team and shot himself
two rounds, hahaha.

blade685
04-13-2017, 02:26 PM
My Sentinel Bomber Boy committed suicide today in the Arena today. was the last man standing in my team and shot himself
two rounds, hahaha.impressive :cool:
I always can't summon a toon :cool:

JJJ428
04-13-2017, 02:30 PM
This is one bug I feel they really should focus on. This self targeting attacks is really bad. Plus with auto features and taunting I am sure it can absolutely wreck teams.

Jofer16
04-13-2017, 02:38 PM
Today is that day that everything seems to go wrong.

Lost three won battles due to a infinite "team show" screen at the end of the battle...
App force restart was necessary in this three times...

Yeah I got that a few times as well. The scary thing for me about all of these freeze/errors is they just claim it’s our connection and “works fine for me”. It’s obviously not our connections when all other functionality of my phone outside of the game works 100%, same with others.

Not a good sign that’s their conclusion, which just doesn’t make sense. They have bad code around the maintaining of connections within the app, whether in their APIs or some other layer. Bugs are fine, but when they can’t even troubleshoot or label them correctly, has me worried.

I haven’t played arena in like 2 days, just doing auto pve grinding while I do other stuff, my sands are at like 20-30, don’t’ really care I’m losing free ones while not playing. Not really motivated with all these issues post-update. Unfortunate because I was super excited when the update hit and saw the changes, “we squashed all the bugs!”, and then quickly realized it was another 1 step forward with 2 steps back.

It’s all just a bummer.

Liebhild
04-13-2017, 03:17 PM
While Prisoner is alive my effects are not working, no shields, is this also a bug or should it be that way?
(I don't mean passive stuff. F.e. void shields)

HomemLivre
04-13-2017, 03:18 PM
Yeah I got that a few times as well. The scary thing for me about all of these freeze/errors is they just claim it’s our connection and “works fine for me”. It’s obviously not our connections when all other functionality of my phone outside of the game works 100%, same with others.

Not a good sign that’s their conclusion, which just doesn’t make sense. They have bad code around the maintaining of connections within the app, whether in their APIs or some other layer. Bugs are fine, but when they can’t even troubleshoot or label them correctly, has me worried.

I haven’t played arena in like 2 days, just doing auto pve grinding while I do other stuff, my sands are at like 20-30, don’t’ really care I’m losing free ones while not playing. Not really motivated with all these issues post-update. Unfortunate because I was super excited when the update hit and saw the changes, “we squashed all the bugs!”, and then quickly realized it was another 1 step forward with 2 steps back.

It’s all just a bummer.

Yeah, I face no problems with other games.
I remember a patch a few months ago that devs fixed connectivity problems like the sync time in the end game screen. But seems like these problems are back, a great patch but this bug is a little anoyng.

Another thing that I noticed is the number of attacks that roll back in time to, Im getting attacked a LOT again, no matter which tier/rank Im in.

Liebhild
04-13-2017, 03:23 PM
I think the higher attack rates can also come, because players try out a lot at the moment.

Bradata
04-13-2017, 03:32 PM
two rounds, hahaha.

I laughed for a long time reading this post! My toons are killing each other all the time after this last update but that's only if I don't pay attention where the attack circle is, I think the problem is that the game selects one of you toons for your next attack when it's your turn to attack back the defending team after they're finished hitting yours. If you don't see the attack circle on any of them it means you gonna hit yourself :(

Jofer16
04-13-2017, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I face no problems with other games.
I remember a patch a few months ago that devs fixed connectivity problems like the sync time in the end game screen. But seems like these problems are back, a great patch but this bug is a little anoyng.

Another thing that I noticed is the number of attacks that roll back in time to, Im getting attacked a LOT again, no matter which tier/rank Im in.

Yeah, I think I remember that update.

Saw Fallen/Gmac/Sky in my recent attacks earlier. I might just sit back and watch these 3 race for the title. All highly motivated and capable of winning. Gmac busted my defense twice, Fallen 2 out of 4 attacks, and looks like Sky lost and didn’t try a 2nd time.

My money’s on Gmac if he truly intends to give it a shot.

zamasu
04-13-2017, 05:01 PM
My thoughts ...

Okay update ..

Blue CR now is somehow useful but like sparton pointed out, it requires 5 power and you can easily counter with immunity.
F**K VE it is now somehow a worth 5* eddie. He is doing his JOB, help your other toons, but it is not, in any way, overpowered now. He does not do damage at all, he relies in the other allies, I've had fights where I have a VE full health vs. another toon almost dying and I will always loose the match.

speed is buggy, sometimes faster, sometimes slower

Also: I just saw Gunner Corrupt Rescuer Stun my characters 3 times in a row? am I missing something here? she used both, her power and basic abilities and my characters got stun out of nowhere ... that is the weirdest thing I've seen happenig

Sparton_LOTB
04-13-2017, 05:26 PM
This is one bug I feel they really should focus on. This self targeting attacks is really bad. Plus with auto features and taunting I am sure it can absolutely wreck teams.

The only reason we haven't mentioned it in the patch notes is because we weren't confident that our fixes we had done had thoroughly fixed the problem (and indeed, we didn't in time for this release). We believe it should be happening less, and we have another fix that'll go in with the next update, but we're still not sure we've 100% solved the issue yet because of how little we see it in the office.

My apologies, but I don't meant to imply that it's definitely a connection issue, just that it's a possibility. Mobile connectivity is notoriously sketchy (it has been since smartphones first were a thing), but I would grant that there is probably parts of our handling that could be improved to silently retry or something to minimize how often players would see error popups.

Mizrael
04-13-2017, 05:27 PM
First of all:Whoever thought/claims that NF would "nail it" is either a new player or a fool. all they ever nailed was another nail into the coffin of this game...

On topic: Along with all the bugs mentioned above (which i can all confirm...speed,timeouts,crashes,self targeting,aso) i have also noticed:

-character skills get mixed up. i had my eddie show with skills of the troop next to him, once my eddie indicated skills of the enemy GRE. So i find myself getting a new habit of selecting the troop i want to act and selecting the target i want to hit before every single move...

-buffs do indeed "POOF" sometimes at the end of my round, before any enemy action. (no,there is no buff remover on the opposing team)

-and one recent one: I'm 100% sure that i used my trooper in autofarming few minutes ago and have them reappear on my list. I don't know if Bradata can confirm getting 50 badges from me in the last hour or so. (the other one was Luiska, but i don't think he is a forum contributer)

Overall a nice F'up again. one OPness is gone and new ones came. Had a blast testing Slaukis suggestion...no shards,just maxed talismans and im slaughtering any team without them taking a single move. and if you struggle gathering 5 power every turn (you only need it every 2nd anyway), you need to learn to play...

Thedarkness
04-13-2017, 05:36 PM
A little off topic but are the soul chances really low after the update. Dropped a stack of 99 regular souls and only got 5 *** toons. Used to be 10-12.

Dont have multiple other stacks to confirm

Jofer16
04-13-2017, 05:55 PM
lol Mizrael, neither a new player or a fool, just hopeful. If you're gonna label me that, and I dominated whenever I wanted to, what does that make the rest of you? Brain dead vegetables? lol.

blade685
04-13-2017, 06:07 PM
A little off topic but are the soul chances really low after the update. Dropped a stack of 99 regular souls and only got 5 *** toons. Used to be 10-12.

Dont have multiple other stacks to confirmsouls dropp chance (with all souls) to have a good toon is the biggest and boring problem of that game, i said that since a long time :rolleyes:
dupes dupes and dupes...

CanyptianFit
04-13-2017, 06:13 PM
Been attacked in PVP 2.75 times what I've attacked so far. Kinda demoralizing.

Feeling very Homemlivre. Many people now feeling your prior pain.

Jofer16
04-13-2017, 06:52 PM
My apologies, but I don't meant to imply that it's definitely a connection issue, just that it's a possibility. Mobile connectivity is notoriously sketchy (it has been since smartphones first were a thing), but I would grant that there is probably parts of our handling that could be improved to silently retry or something to minimize how often players would see error popups.

No problem, thanks for clarifying. Yeah just seemed a bit like you spoke with the programmer, he said it was the clients connections fault and that was that. And I get it's hard, that's why your team is getting paid :)

Hopefully we see some tuning to the connection managing in the near future. Must be something pretty big if it affects lots of people, other apps deal with timeouts much more gracefully. Have been playing others to test out the connection theory and didn't have a single issue in those after hours and hours of play. Seems isolated to this app. Good luck with figuring out the issue.

Tritium
04-13-2017, 06:57 PM
Also: I just saw Gunner Corrupt Rescuer Stun my characters 3 times in a row? am I missing something here? she used both, her power and basic abilities and my characters got stun out of nowhere ... that is the weirdest thing I've seen happenig

I've seen this as well, and I believe the culprit is Thorn talismans. Those things are borderline (if not already) OP as it seems that the burn they inflict has a great chance to stun your toons (add to that the fact that we can no longer obtain these things and it gives older players a HUGE advantage :| ).

I'm in the same boat, man. Wanna go fishing? :p
Attacks: 100
Defense: 224

Ugh. I'm hovering around the low 1000s rank and can't do shit to get higher besides spending ironite that I'd rather save for better rewards.

On a positive note: this update has allowed me to throw my Cyborg into my defense finally, and I've actually achieved a higher hold percentage with the guy. :D

Mizrael
04-13-2017, 07:05 PM
lol Mizrael, neither a new player or a fool, just hopeful. If you're gonna label me that, and I dominated whenever I wanted to, what does that make the rest of you? Brain dead vegetables? lol.

I meant people who appear once a year to say "Thank you Sparton! you nailed it! way to go!".
Didn't notice that you mentioned such a thing...it's not all about you,you know? ;)

But yeah, to be completely honest, you are probably right. anyone of us, who are still around (some even still HOPEFUL! o.O ) is close to a brain dead vegetable. like a bunch of junkys puking from heroine under a bridge..."damn! that was a bad high!!! but maybe it will be better tomorrow! i'll definitely try again!"

Jofer16
04-13-2017, 07:34 PM
I meant people who appear once a year to say "Thank you Sparton! you nailed it! way to go!".
Didn't notice that you mentioned such a thing...it's not all about you,you know? ;)

But yeah, to be completely honest, you are probably right. anyone of us, who are still around (some even still HOPEFUL! o.O ) is close to a brain dead vegetable. like a bunch of junkys puking from heroine under a bridge..."damn! that was a bad high!!! but maybe it will be better tomorrow! i'll definitely try again!"

No worries haha

And yeah I'm usually pretty skeptical by nature, that's what I get for trying to be positive for once!

gmac
04-13-2017, 08:06 PM
Today was hard.

Lots of game crashes, lost 4 or 5 fights due to "additional content required do play" stuff.

Sparton, is there a specific time when you guys do this?

Jofer, I'll give it a shot.

Cheers
Gmac

zdm-1083
04-13-2017, 08:17 PM
Refined matchmaking values to improve emphasis on players having a fairer attack:defense ratio

Yesssssssssss, I'm back in "not seen in any attack list" state.
Or everyone is afraid of my Mummy/ABB/Troll/SSD defense team? :rolleyes:

I'm #26 with 255X points
I attacked 147 times for a "low" percentage due to update that killed AoS against prisoner
I was attacked... 55 times for a great 8% of holds.
And AFAIS it is only revenge.

From what I read from Homemlivre and others boyz that used to be massively attacked is that they are back in this state,
I would think that you rolled back previous improvement on matchmaking more than deploying a new tweak.

Not that I will cry (rly?) but may that could help to understand what is going on :D

As well, I saw once a guy in my attack list announced with 2XXX points (he was the highest points guy in list)
after a quite easy win, win screen announced that he have only 9XX points.
I did not find my screenshot anymore so...

HomemLivre
04-13-2017, 08:21 PM

Yeah, definitely something is going wrong in here! Already get attacked 276 times this week, I dont want to enter in the list of the marked for death targets again...

HomemLivre
04-13-2017, 08:25 PM
Yesssssssssss, I'm back in "not seen in any attack list" state.
Or everyone is afraid of my Mummy/ABB/Troll/SSD defense team? :rolleyes:

I'm #26 with 255X points
I attacked 147 times for a "low" percentage due to update that killed AoS against prisoner
I was attacked... 55 times for a great 8% of holds.
And AFAIS it is only revenge.

From what I read from Homemlivre and others boyz that used to be massively attacked is that they are back in this state,
I would think that you rolled back previous improvement on matchmaking more than deploying a new tweak.

Not that I will cry (rly?) but may that could help to understand what is going on :D

As well, I saw once a guy in my attack list announced with 2XXX points (he was the highest points guy in list)
after a quite easy win, win screen announced that he have only 9XX points.
I did not find my screenshot anymore so...

Yeah! I totally agree with you!
The highest point Im seen in the the attack list is around 23XX, 24XX. Never highest than that.

Bradata
04-13-2017, 08:31 PM
First of all:Whoever thought/claims that NF would "nail it" is either a new player or a fool. all they ever nailed was another nail into the coffin of this game...

-and one recent one: I'm 100% sure that i used my trooper in autofarming few minutes ago and have them reappear on my list. I don't know if Bradata can confirm getting 50 badges from me in the last hour or so. (the other one was Luiska, but i don't think he is a forum contributer)

Can't confirm if you got me 50 badges but this would be very nice bug ;) devs can leave this one alone :rolleyes:

Sparton_LOTB
04-13-2017, 08:37 PM
Today was hard.

Lots of game crashes, lost 4 or 5 fights due to "additional content required do play" stuff.

Sparton, is there a specific time when you guys do this?

Odd, we've not been pushing new data since after the update went live.

I've passed along what you're experiencing to the team, but perhaps try deleting cache data (if on Android) or uninstalling/reinstalling (if on iOS)? It sounds like the game doesn't think it has up to date data for some reason.

EDIT: Can you check if you're running out of disk space? One of the programmers indicated that might be what's happening.

gmac
04-13-2017, 10:41 PM
Odd, we've not been pushing new data since after the update went live.

I've passed along what you're experiencing to the team, but perhaps try deleting cache data (if on Android) or uninstalling/reinstalling (if on iOS)? It sounds like the game doesn't think it has up to date data for some reason.

EDIT: Can you check if you're running out of disk space? One of the programmers indicated that might be what's happening.

Hi Sparton

Just to clarify, I never got the message. What happened was that after the game hanged and I restarted I was always getting that extra bar that indicates downloads.

Everything is fine now.

And plenty of disk space 😀

Cheers
Gmac

Jofer16
04-13-2017, 11:44 PM
Anyone else ever get a random blank popup? This app is just getting weirder and weirder lol

Zapathusara
04-13-2017, 11:50 PM
Now that I played for almost 3 days, all can I say is that Im sad.

Im a lucky man. I got almost no bugs, or only once or twice. But in general Im not happy with the game. Earlier I was about to post a more detsiled impression, but had no time.

A good point is that now I rotate some toons I dont used before. But everything is so bugged. In paper, the patch should be great. Guess I'll do the basics, play when bored in traffic, and wait more unknown time for BNW launch.

Jofer16
04-13-2017, 11:53 PM
Jofer, I'll give it a shot.

Cheers
Gmac

God speed! You have the breath of the Ancient Mariner Jose Fernandez at your back!

"In the Warriors code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries NEVER!"

I love excuses to post 80s motivational songs haha

https://youtu.be/yL3lJfpenAc

Sparton_LOTB
04-14-2017, 12:27 AM
Hi Sparton

Just to clarify, I never got the message. What happened was that after the game hanged and I restarted I was always getting that extra bar that indicates downloads.

Everything is fine now.

And plenty of disk space 😀

Huh, odd indeed. I've passed that to the programmer in question to see if he as any other ideas why that might be.

Anyone else ever get a random blank popup? This app is just getting weirder and weirder lol

Hm, I wonder if that's related to some of the sacrifice error popups. I've passed that along to see if there is something related there.

Jofer16
04-14-2017, 12:59 AM
Hm, I wonder if that's related to some of the sacrifice error popups. I've passed that along to see if there is something related there.

Haven't done a sacrifice since yesterday if that helps at all.

mjmxiii
04-14-2017, 02:10 AM
Damnit.. I am really close to the end of my patience here...

Sparton, is there any time frame for a resolution to all this buggy bs?

It is beyond me how things can continually go so wrong man. I understand Murphy's law but we're just way past that point by now. You would think that just once, everything would go right for a change. I am very close to just calling it quits after months of supporting the app.

I personally put a lot of faith (and money) in you guys to get it right and I'm continually let down by NF. It is really disappointing dude. Every update seems to be a fix for the last update that breaks something else and doesn't fix what's already broken! "When boy, when?" lol.... its literally going "up in smoke" man lol

PerthEddie
04-14-2017, 02:27 AM
Is anyone else getting random crashes again? I have had 2 within a few minutes of each other and this isn't the first time since the update the other day :(

gmac
04-14-2017, 03:10 AM
God speed! You have the breath of the Ancient Mariner Jose Fernandez at your back!

"In the Warriors code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries NEVER!"

I love excuses to post 80s motivational songs haha

https://youtu.be/yL3lJfpenAc

Hey man,

I hope I make you and Jose proud :)

I will not stop.

Cheers
Gmac

Jofer16
04-14-2017, 03:39 AM
@Blacksteel

Saw you attacked me and were only 20 points behind, over 100+ now. 3rd place is mine haha

https://youtu.be/4Uj3zitETs4

Jofer16
04-14-2017, 03:54 AM
Hey man,

I hope I make you and Jose proud :)

I will not stop.

Cheers
Gmac

Good to hear. And if the angel on your shoulder ever tells you to stop, listen to the Demon instead haha, this song is proven to make you play faster...

https://youtu.be/_k9ksnJrljw

gmac
04-14-2017, 06:17 AM
Jofer, check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=251zlGliwOQ

Ra!

YES!

slauki
04-14-2017, 08:35 AM
my first impression was confirmed, huge imbalances in the arena system are verified. some guys are getting attacked like mad, and others are not being touched at all (or only through revenges). you will see very interesting/broken numbers in the next thread weekly pvp thread. i'm at 200/270ish and others have 80 defenses the whole week and are even higher than me.
this has to be adressed asap, for the sake of a fair competition. when 5% of the players are not attacked at all, because they are invisibile, this is simply rigged.

one suggerstion aside from that: some weekly or even monthly archievments would be great to motivate the players. Lets say play 300 arena matches in a month and gain xyz. Ur use 250 troopers per week and gain xyz. This would create much more motivtion to play instantly. Would be great if you would give us some more carrots to keep all players happy :-)
I'm too lazy to create a whole thread for that, it would be great if you could pass that along Sparton.

EDIT: i fought Edwardgreat right now. A level 80 player who is in rank 14 right now. He is 900 points above me. I won and get 12 points and he lost 0. He his points were displayed as 980ish. Didn't react fast enough to make a screenshot, but i have never seen something like this so far. Really strange. That way it's easy to be top 20 :P Anyone similar observation vs.him or other players?

Silentknight
04-14-2017, 10:46 AM
EDIT: i fought Edwardgreat right now. A level 80 player who is in rank 14 right now. He is 900 points above me. I won and get 12 points and he lost 0. He his points were displayed as 980ish. Didn't react fast enough to make a screenshot, but i have never seen something like this so far. Really strange. That way it's easy to be top 20 :P Anyone similar observation vs.him or other players?

Played him yesterday, think score was ok. Played 2 min ago...12 points for win,should have been 20 & he lost 0 points. Nothing new,pointed out these bugs weeks ago. Incorrect points,wins not counting,lists not being cleared after wins. Old shit!

Jofer16
04-14-2017, 12:19 PM
Jofer, check this out

Ra!

YES!

Nice!! Just what I needed to wake me up this morning :)

Lord Schmeb
04-14-2017, 12:31 PM
Random characters with super-stuns?

This happened last night: I'm just doing my thing in the arena when out of nowhere, a purple Golden Son AoE's his Pain skill that not only hits like a truck, but also stuns two of my team for two turns. I figured I must've missed something and it was another member of his team that did it somehow -- which was rubbish, as the only other member alive at the time was a ssd I believe -- but chalked it up to "I probably wasn't paying attention" and moved on.

It happened again this morning, but this time it was a level 80ish guy (dave) who used a green NB of light. Again, out of nowhere, two-turn stun dropped on my Cyborg. After the battle I was able to fight him again and made sure nobody on his team has that capability, and lo, none do. (As far as I know...)

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q432/lotf5000/Mobile%20Uploads/BE2F5A73-EA20-41B0-AA07-EE94154CE5FE_zpsbupqweiu.png

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q432/lotf5000/Mobile%20Uploads/29D72564-99DE-4D00-9F63-57583A42C462_zpsnlv3u0rz.png

hold
04-14-2017, 12:49 PM
Random characters with super-stuns?

I had an AoF this morning that triggered his "Extra Turn" for the whole party but none of my toons was dead yet. There is some incredibly weird shit going on after this update. Game is definitely getting worse again.

JJJ428
04-14-2017, 12:58 PM

I don't know if its his account or not, but every time I battle edwardgreat I get an error right before the victory screen,

Silentknight
04-14-2017, 01:00 PM
I had an AoF this morning that triggered his "Extra Turn" for the whole party but none of my toons was dead yet. There is some incredibly weird shit going on after this update. Game is definitely getting worse again.

Visions Eddie fury supposed to stun Visions for 2 turns...not,3x. Viking Eddie back 2 back turns used fury???,2x. Think I did mention 'clusterfu<k'

Liebhild
04-14-2017, 01:17 PM

If seen this, when enemy had endure, game thinks that the enemy is dead and I got the extra turn.

Prisioner is not only blocking passives, when my toons have the red email symbol also normal effects don't work (void shield f.e.).

Jofer16
04-14-2017, 01:43 PM
One thing I like about other apps is that when they F up, they compensate their users, better customer appreciation. Just one example and I could give tons, Topps Bunt baseball app had server issues earlier in the week, the very next day they apologized in the app and made all contests free for the day. Giving away free souls and ironite as a 1 time thing would go a long way in making people feel like they aren't forgotten in times like this when the app is falling on its face. I'm sure a free 10 pack of souls or a couple G/A isn't going to hurt NFs bottom line. Should be thinking long term and trying to retain users instead of chase them away.

Silentknight
04-14-2017, 01:46 PM
One thing I like about other apps is that when they F up, they compensate their users, better customer appreciation. Just one example and I could give tons, Topps Bunt baseball app had server issues earlier in the week, the very next day they apologized in the app and made all contests free for the day. Giving away free souls and ironite as a 1 time thing would go a long way in making people feel like they aren't forgotten in times like this when the app is falling on its face. I'm sure a free 10 pack of souls or a couple G/A isn't going to hurt NFs bottom line. Should be thinking long term and trying to retain users instead of chase them away.
We'd be getting free stuff after every update then! Gave away 75 ironite a few months ago...yippie!!!

PerthEddie
04-14-2017, 02:49 PM

Yeah I have got one of these silly farming/city building games I play on my phone. Quite often I get a gift of in game cash because something has gone wrong. Thing is I never even notice the problems they are apologising for. I will give you an example of how things are different with this game. Back around September time I got locked out of my LotB account for 9 weeks. No matter what fixes were attempted nothing worked. Eventually it just worked after an update. I didn't even get 1 Ironite as a sorry. To be fair NF were not in sole control of the game then, the sister company Roadhouse were although the crossover from RH to NF did happen while I was locked out and I still got diddly squat.

HomemLivre
04-14-2017, 02:55 PM
my first impression was confirmed, huge imbalances in the arena system are verified. some guys are getting attacked like mad, and others are not being touched at all (or only through revenges). you will see very interesting/broken numbers in the next thread weekly pvp thread. i'm at 200/270ish and others have 80 defenses the whole week and are even higher than me.
this has to be adressed asap, for the sake of a fair competition. when 5% of the players are not attacked at all, because they are invisibile, this is simply rigged.

I feel the sensation to be bring back in time when I was one of the most attacked players in PvP...
Atm Im with 328 attacks received... This is anoying...

hold
04-14-2017, 03:13 PM
I feel the sensation to be bring back in time when I was one of the most attacked players in PvP...
Atm Im with 328 attacks received... This is anoying...

Don't worry ... the next update is probably only a few weeks away and everything will be changed again ... the direction is unknown but according to the update history of NF there is a very high chance for another SNAFU.

The QA of this app really amazes me. There are huge known fuck ups but the update will be rolled out anyway.

Bradata
04-14-2017, 04:48 PM

I just had a fight with his team and got the error message right when my team had to do the victory dance but after forced restart I saw that I have victory on him, not sure about the points, can't remember what I had before the fight.

slauki
04-14-2017, 05:20 PM
another strange thing (not talking about my loss :P )
that's no new bug why do i loose 19 points to a player who is below me so much?

and i fully agree with jofer. some compensation, would be very welcome, so the customers feels respected for the time they put in this game, despite the problems they face.
(same with removable skillshards for nerfed characters, for me this is just pure disrespect for the customers, sorry.)
we are dealing with massive issues since july, and every update breaks new things, really frustrating.

while i see some efforts and many good things too, i wonder why this problems cannot be adressed, since some are very old....

BadTaste
04-14-2017, 05:51 PM

I just had a fight with his team and got the error message right when my team had to do the victory dance but after forced restart I saw that I have victory on him, not sure about the points, can't remember what I had before the fight.

Exactly the same as Bradata describes happened to me twice when fighting him.
Fought him just now and here is the result:

slauki
04-14-2017, 06:52 PM
Exactly the same as Bradata describes happened to me twice when fighting him.
Fought him just now and here is the result:

fought him again and guess what:

EDIT: found another bug. my greenbat takes damage while forceshield is in the whole party. discouraging...

Tritium
04-14-2017, 07:29 PM

Yeah I have got one of these silly farming/city building games I play on my phone. Quite often I get a gift of in game cash because something has gone wrong. Thing is I never even notice the problems they are apologising for. I will give you an example of how things are different with this game. Back around September time I got locked out of my LotB account for 9 weeks. No matter what fixes were attempted nothing worked. Eventually it just worked after an update. I didn't even get 1 Ironite as a sorry. To be fair NF were not in sole control of the game then, the sister company Roadhouse were although the crossover from RH to NF did happen while I was locked out and I still got diddly squat.

I agree with both of you guys. Customer retention is the most important thing for any company to stay in business long-term. Considering how LOTB has been having near-game breaking issues for the past few updates, an acknowledgment of the problems along with a gift for us loyal players couldn't hurt. As a business student who loves this game, I almost wish I could help the dev team regain the player's trust and goodwill with what I've learned over the years. Honestly, if not for the amazing players here on the forums, I doubt I would have stuck around this long. You guys keep me coming back! :p

Silentknight
04-14-2017, 08:38 PM
fought him again and guess what:

EDIT: found another bug. my greenbat takes damage while forceshield is in the whole party. discouraging...

Just fought him 2x. Both ended with APMA3 errors! Both were victories but 1st 1 counted as loss,2nd counted as a victory. With the errors I got no end match point screen but im pretty sure I got 0 points

Browno
04-14-2017, 08:58 PM
Maybe the game take his low points into account and consider 1500 point difference as too much for him to loose points?

Askora
04-14-2017, 09:34 PM
I think I've been attacked once since the update, and that was a revenge. Doesn't matter a whole lot as I'm barely playing pvp right now. My win ratio has gone from 85% to an if I'm lucky 50%. That's fighting the same old team setups. Now though, prisoner seems to disable not only passives, but talisman effects and skill effects. A warrior troll delivers over 25,000 points of damage. Void shields only work some of the time, still. My defense team has never been all that great since I have yet to pull any of the typical defensive characters, but offensively I've got some good toons. Prisoner never really bothered me (other than with warrior troll due to shields) because I've had to rely on not having any passive defense. Now, I don't even get an active defense. So, my DD gets nerfed (liked him the old way) and prisoner gets an upgrade. I'm not sure what balance they're looking for, but tanking the B toons and boosting the A toons doesn't seem balanced to me. I'm not sure why they feel they have to push an update when it's not ready, is there somebody forcing them to update it every two weeks?

As an added note. I've got a second account (my little Eddie). In pvp it's a joke. I'm like level 10, with a 3-Star level 21 HS Eddie. All my attack options are almost always 4-star minimum and usually it's just 5-star 100's to choose from. So, not much plan to play much pvp on that account either.

slauki
04-14-2017, 09:37 PM
Maybe the game take his low points into account and consider 1500 point difference as too much for him to loose points?

in reality he is rank 14 with 3400 points ;)

Jofer16
04-14-2017, 10:27 PM
Looks like this user is the real cheater haha Be crazy if they found some weird exploit, devs are remaining oddly silent on this. Curious to see what's going on.

Killhouse
04-14-2017, 10:46 PM
Another new bug, just played Strigoi. His warrior child of the damned got 8 extra turns without initially killing a character to actually trigger the passive. Eventually he killed 2 characters before the void shield killed himself... guess I should consider sharding my WCotD to take advantage of this one.

Jofer16
04-14-2017, 10:50 PM
I agree with both of you guys. Customer retention is the most important thing for any company to stay in business long-term. Considering how LOTB has been having near-game breaking issues for the past few updates, an acknowledgment of the problems along with a gift for us loyal players couldn't hurt. As a business student who loves this game, I almost wish I could help the dev team regain the player's trust and goodwill with what I've learned over the years. Honestly, if not for the amazing players here on the forums, I doubt I would have stuck around this long. You guys keep me coming back! :p

Good luck with your school :) I have a degree in computer science, mathematics, and mis with a decade+ of analyst/developer real world xp. It's nice we have good people around to provide input. We all just want to see this game succeed and the outcry is at least a good sign people are passionate about the game. Otherwise, if people didn't care, they'd just up and quit.

Jofer16
04-14-2017, 10:51 PM
Another new bug, just played Strigoi. His warrior child of the damned got 8 extra turns without initially killing a character to actually trigger the passive. Eventually he killed 2 characters before the void shield killed himself... guess I should consider sharding my WCotD to take advantage of this one.

I've got this against AoF too, it's messed up, it proc'd the extra turn multiple times.

druid138
04-14-2017, 11:35 PM
I've got this against AoF too, it's messed up, it proc'd the extra turn multiple times.

This issue has been around for awhile, for both the Warrior and Assassin CotD. When an enemy has a shield up, sometimes the extra turn kicks in repeatedly until either the CotD or the entire opposing team dies. I see this frequently with my Assassin.

druid138-6195

Jofer16
04-15-2017, 12:11 AM
Just did a self attack fury skill lol Animation still was against the enemy but my health went down.

Killhouse
04-15-2017, 12:14 AM
Ah, thanks for clarifying, first time I'd seen it and was laughing too much to determine what happened.

Hypnos
04-15-2017, 12:36 AM
found another bug. my greenbat takes damage while forceshield is in the whole party. discouraging...

noticed this sometimes with dog of war also.

Jofer16
04-15-2017, 02:12 AM
Jofer, check this out

Ra!

YES!

I just now realized the intelligence in this response, I didn't even make it to the "Godspeed!" repeat part before my last response haha. Love it.

Heads up, might wanna run your lead up, Blacksteels feeling confident again lol. Prolly Spartons alt, but..

"who run it? you actin like you don't know"

https://youtu.be/ngH0fkiNo-g

Edit for more youtubes

gmac
04-15-2017, 02:42 AM
I just now realized the intelligence in this response, I didn't even make it to the "Godspeed!" repeat part before my last response haha. Love it.

Heads up, might wanna run your lead up, Blacksteels feeling confident again lol. Prolly Spartons alt, but..

"who run it? you actin like you don't know"

Edit for more youtubes

Yes! "Godspeed", and that song does not get enough credit :)

I'll mark them, FallenAngel will not stop 100% sure, and feels faster than BlackSteel, but who knows.

Jofer16
04-15-2017, 04:11 AM
Yes! "Godspeed", and that song does not get enough credit :)

I'll mark them, FallenAngel will not stop 100% sure, and feels faster than BlackSteel, but who knows.

Yeah dude, not gonna lie, I never heard this song and it's amazing, good looking out! Prolly listened to it 10x times by now. And yeah looks like black steel mighta gave up after I flexed haha

BonFire
04-15-2017, 05:22 AM
Hm. On one hand, I can count on a wood shop teacher's hand how many times I've been attacked since the update, but on the other, all the people that turn up in my attack list are taunt teams. So, I've earned no coins this week. I did barely beat one of my trooper's taunt teams though, and I really shouldn't have.

MetalWarrior
04-15-2017, 05:44 AM
April 11th was amazing overall performance/compatibility wise, in my experience.Thank you!
I've reported prior to this update ,about summoning BNW soul freeze up the game.
now,that has resolved,doesn't freeze up anymore,but it doesn't give any character either.

Any hope for them !
and any comment on what would be the future of other (stored) souls would be appreciated. @Devs