PDA

View Full Version : Character Passive Suggestions

Tritium
04-15-2017, 05:53 PM
I've been mulling over some fun ideas for character passives in my head for a while now, and figured I'd finally create a thread for them in case the Nodding Frog team is interested in adding more passives to old and new toons. If you have suggestions for cool passives of your own, feel free to comment and add them here as well! I'd like to create a one-stop shop for passive suggestions so the dev team can easily find them and keep coming back to hear our ideas.

Pugnacious: This character automatically stuns the first enemy to attack it for one turn.

Tactical Retreat: This character has a 40% chance to vanish at the end of its turn.

Call to Arms: This character grants magic and physical attack up for two turns at the beginning of battle. (Obviously, since this is a near-OP passive, the toon who grants it will have to be more support-based and be quite lacking in damage output).

Rally Cry: This character grants armor penetration to its allies for two turns at the start of battle.

Magic Trick: This character grants magic penetration to its allies for two turns at the start of battle.

Game of Death: This character has a 50% chance to inflict a random enemy with permadeath for two turns at the beginning of its turn.

Last Chance: This character has a 10% chance of becoming a ghost for two turns upon death.

Weak Point: This character has a 20% chance to grant a random ally class advantage for one turn at the start of its turn.

Furious: This character has a 15% chance to gain fury boost (increase fury generation) for one turn at the start of its turn.

That's all for now. I will come back and add more to this list over time!

blackbolt
04-16-2017, 09:33 AM
It's a lot of fun thinking about new passives. A real "Game of Death" may be interesting if applies Permadeath on ALL characters on BOTH teams. Feels like the old "Sudden Death" in the Worms game series =D

powerslave74
04-16-2017, 10:09 AM
Great job on thinking up some new possible passives for our characters; whether they are already existing or coming soon! This type of thread motivates me to try to come up with some new passives of my own, hopefully I will be able to think of some other new passives that either you did not already think of, somebody does not beat me to posting on here first, or have not already been introduced into the game.

With the tactical retreat passive, are you saying that the toon should completely vanish or will it turn invisible at the end of its turn for a certain amount of round(s)?

iPoop
04-16-2017, 02:34 PM
How about Nerf Bat Breaker: all members of the character's team will return to their former glory before they were nerfed. :rolleyes:

CanyptianFit
04-16-2017, 03:45 PM
How about a talisman that makes all damage true damage from that character.

So even if the damage type is magic for any skill, it converts to true.

Liebhild
04-16-2017, 03:52 PM
I would like to see those two new passives:

- BuggusRemovus: Removes all the bugs in the game
- BrainDead: Let's some brain rain for the devs

Tritium
04-17-2017, 12:59 AM
With the tactical retreat passive, are you saying that the toon should completely vanish or will it turn invisible at the end of its turn for a certain amount of round(s)?

Oops, forgot to clarify that one. The idea is that it would vanish for one round at the end of its turn, so it would effectively be vanished for the enemy's turn. It would be cool for a toon to have that ability without using talismans. Since it would only be for one round, it wouldn't be OP (not to mention the crazy amount of buff remover toons there are now with Visions Eddie being the latest).

Ian
04-21-2017, 05:02 PM
All these passives would be great, especially as there is no toon that can block every single passive ability.

Tritium
04-21-2017, 08:47 PM
Thought up some more:

Sniper: This character gains perfect hit status at the beginning of its turn. (Would function like the GCR's titan shield, just with the perfect hit status rather than a shield).

Roll the Dice: This character has a 50% chance to inflict accuracy down for two turns on each individual enemy at the start of battle, and then will inflict one random enemy with accuracy down every turn thereafter. (I believe slauki first thought of a toon who casts accuracy down as a passive, so all credit goes to him!).

Eddie's Little Helper: This character has a 40% chance to grant its Eddie attack and magic up for one turn at the beginning of its turn.

Frost: This character has a 25% chance to freeze one random enemy every turn.

Art of War: This character grants all allies affinity advantage for one turn at the start of battle.

Defensive Tricks: This character has a 20% chance to grant a random ally either immunity, invincibility, or a heal shield for one turn at the start of its turn.

Offensive Tricks: This character has a 20% chance to grant a random ally either attack up, armor penetration, or affinity advantage for one turn at the start of its turn. (If a physical-based character it would follow the original scheme. If its a magic-based character, replace attack up with magic up and armor penetration with magic penetration).

Jofer16
04-21-2017, 09:30 PM
Interesting suggestions. Here's one to add to your list:

Securitas (the Greek goddess of stability) - grants your entire team immunity from bugs.

Tritium
04-21-2017, 09:34 PM
Interesting suggestions. Here's one to add to your list:

Securitas (the Greek goddess of stability) - grants your entire team immunity from bugs.

Hahaha, one can only hope! That would be the most OP passive in the game's current state. :p

Enti
04-25-2017, 03:07 PM
Nice thread you started. Great passives to think of/use (of course some sound way too abusive) but for the beginning I like them :)

Sniper: This character gains perfect hit status at the beginning of its turn.

This one actually exists - Gunner Desert Marauder has Marksman passive: "Gives Perfect Hit status to all allies at the start of battle for 2 turns. Perfect Hit causes all basic attacks to always land with a Perfect score."

Tritium
04-25-2017, 06:39 PM
Nice thread you started. Great passives to think of/use (of course some sound way too abusive) but for the beginning I like them :)

This one actually exists - Gunner Desert Marauder has Marksman passive: "Gives Perfect Hit status to all allies at the start of battle for 2 turns. Perfect Hit causes all basic attacks to always land with a Perfect score."

Thanks man.

That passive is different from the DM (maybe the way I worded it wasn't great, whoops). The perfect hit would be only for the toon itself, not the whole team, and it would activate before that toon's turn every round. Think of the GCR's titan shield and it would function like that, only with perfect hit rather than a titan shield.

Enti
04-25-2017, 08:26 PM
Thanks man.

That passive is different from the DM (maybe the way I worded it wasn't great, whoops). The perfect hit would be only for the toon itself, not the whole team, and it would activate before that toon's turn every round. Think of the GCR's titan shield and it would function like that, only with perfect hit rather than a titan shield.

I was wondering if that was what you had meant and couldn't decide.
Enjoying your creativity about passives, good job man

Askora
04-26-2017, 04:20 PM
2849 Mutually Assured Destruction - Character upon death deals an attack that annihilates both teams thus ending in a draw. No way to remove from toon or disable the ability.

Askora
04-26-2017, 04:35 PM
2850 AI - Character uses actual AI. Does not attack invisible or invincible toons, or other incredibly stupid moves.

CanyptianFit
04-26-2017, 04:56 PM
I like MAD. That is good.

slauki
04-26-2017, 05:39 PM
-accuracy down on the enemy passive
-passive which saves up to 2 toons from buff removals
- passive which saves up to two toons from counter attacks