PDA

View Full Version : Week 10 of PvP - Statistics and Discussion

Nicko
04-16-2017, 02:53 PM
Happy Easter everyone!

And while there's a separate thread for it - congrats GMAC! PvP seems to be getting pretty competitive and that's a great achievement. You're a beast and I look forward to you and Jofer cracking the 15k barrier one day ;)

Of course we had a Gimp altering update that many seem to be still trying to figure out. Still some strange things like team suicide (I've been the victim a couple of times). And Visions Eddie is no longer the laughing stock of the LotB world - he's actually a pretty powerful Eddie now.

One of the stated fixes with the latest update was improved matchmaking. It will be interesting to see how that balances out. I used to get attacked a ton and they have dropped for the second straight week - but I know this doesn't seem to be the case across the board. Time will tell...

# of times I attacked: 425
# of times I was attacked: 154
Ratio: 0.36

My ratio used to be much closer to 1 - and having a little bit of PvP burnout with the nice spring weather - I can't deny I'm appreciating the change.

Ringe666-7406
04-16-2017, 03:29 PM
Rank 46 with 2435pts and still no Gimp, troll, HH, Artillery dog or similar :D Attack was 326/351, 93%, but with lot more errors and crashes. I lost 25 attacks last week when I attacked 497 times. As for def, back to same ol' 16%, 57/352 :)

Jofer16
04-16-2017, 03:55 PM
Same to you Nicko, Happy Jesus back from the dead day!

Ratios pretty much the same as the week before.

Haven't attacked once yet and I must say, hanging out down below is fun, defense around 50% haha

Edit: do attacks reset when you do your 1st for the week? just noticed my defense stats for this week are accurate but it's still showing last weeks attacks as current. Another bug it looks like.

PerthEddie
04-16-2017, 03:57 PM
Tough and very frustrating week for me:

Attacks 96% (116/121)
Defence: 26% (82/313)
Ratio: 2.58

PVP Changes

Refined matchmaking values to improve emphasis on players having a fairer attack:defense ratio

Whatever this was quite clearly didn't work for me last week. I have been saying for the last few weeks that I have zero interest in rank and am chasing coins only. However, I have got into PvP a bit now and did think about having a go at a run to see how high I could get. I had no chance last week as I took 1 step forward, 2 back. Thursday, Friday and Saturday were terrible. Saturday afternoon I played and got up to 1790 points with a view at having a go later in the day. I went out for a few hours and when I got back I had been attacked so much I was back down to 1550. I was all for giving up on PvP and just doing my 1 per day to get my daily rewards but I will see how things go this week.

slauki
04-16-2017, 03:59 PM
attacks 252
defenses 380

151%

i made a run midweek to try the new changes, i bet if i didn't i would have almost the same defense numebers.
seem to be everybodys darling ;) Have been attacked much more since the famous matchmaking after the new update :-/

as i said in the update thread, i feel the update was horrible in many cases. bad overtuning of some characters like the nomad who was perfectly before.
take from f'n VE seems also too be a little to strong. If they reduce the % to 30 or 35 things could be in order....same with SSD who is a pain in the ass with the whole
buff remover around him...everythings feels like they are trying to improve things, while they break other things. extended beta i'd say...

Jofer16
04-16-2017, 04:04 PM
attacks 252
defenses 380

151%

i made a run midweek to try the new changes, i bet if i didn't i would have almost the same defense numebers.
seem to be everybodys darling ;) Have been attacked much more since the famous matchmaking after the new update :-/

as i said in the update thread, i feel the update was horrible in many cases. bad overtuning of some characters like the nomad who was perfectly before.
take from f'n VE seems also too be a little to strong. If they reduce the % to 30 or 35 things could be in order....same with SSD who is a pain in the ass with the whole
buff remover around him...everythings feels like they are trying to improve things, while they break other things. extended beta i'd say...

Not surprising they buffed Nomad to the max shortly after I posted I didn't have him. Between that and the speed tuning it's starting to feel like some of these changes are a direct result of me winning.

Liebhild
04-16-2017, 04:15 PM
attacks 257
defenses 201

R1ck
04-16-2017, 04:20 PM
Attacks 172
Defense 331
192%

Almost double defenses, way more than week before, 136%.

I would like to know if anyone who has a Visions Eddie can say how much the difference in holds is now and before the last update.

Thedarkness
04-16-2017, 04:49 PM
So... I became invisible.
Attacks: 302
Defenses: 112

I see now how some people were bragging that making top 25 was easy. I must have received at most 10 attacks all week that werent revenges. Question, do any if you guys at the top get attacked and not just revenged? Is this new? I never saw anybody above me except for Carlos and the infamous edwardgreat. Even then it was very rare or after clearing a few lists. Also nobody above me was attacking me either very much.

Lots of bugs, killed myself a few times and the game is just suddenly shutting down quite a bit. Losing about 4 troopers and a few pvp fights a day.

The prisoner is even stronger but i still dont have any trouble beating him with all the broken toons available. The only things i have trouble with anymore are a combination of the red pyro, death dog and newly souped up F'N Visions Eddie. Man, that Carriage Rider is sooooo weak (maybe if i start that rumor the frogs will make him super good at pvp).

They really need to change the point/ matchmaking system. Its way too stupid right now. I think they purposely had to make the top guys hard to attack due to their stupid point system where you lose double for a loss than you gain for a win. STOP TAKING POINTS FOR DEFENSE LOSSES, PLEAAAASE! 1 SOW per hold. Also, simplify matchmaking, let us attack 5 people above, 5 people below, clear your list 10 people below 10 above and so on for about 5 lists then reset. If youre #1 you go 5 lists down and reset. 10 flat points per win. Done. Top guys get to fight eachother, little guys who are playing well get to advance, and pvp is fun for everyone.

And release the damn trooper eddie and the new worlds already, sheesh.

Sorry for the novel everyone but would love to hear your thoughts.

Sid-2370

Hypnos
04-16-2017, 04:55 PM
attacked: 233
was attacked: 77
33%

Was on the lucky side of shoddy matchmaking this week which pretty much meant I coasted my way into the top 25. The newly improved F'N has helped reduce my loss rate too.

Now I've had my fun, I'd like to see someone other than R1ck attack me for once! I hope for fairness' sake NF can hire another programmer to aid in sorting out this issue (with all the money some individual players have put in the game, this shouldn't be a problem ;))

Monte47
04-16-2017, 05:18 PM
I ranked 86 this week, which is my best so far, but my numbers suck
Attack: 71%
Defense:20%

I should have counted the amount of coin toss wins I had as well, but I'd say I lost the toss 90% of the time, lol. Which is super cool to come back from with a taunting team.

I was surprised how many of you use Visions Eddie on defense.

Happy Easter, or Happy Spring
Eskiggalu-8063

Silentknight
04-16-2017, 05:48 PM
I see now how some people were bragging that making top 25 was easy

Who???????

Thedarkness
04-16-2017, 05:50 PM
A couple of the og invisible guys that were making it in with 80% win rates

Jofer16
04-16-2017, 05:54 PM
Had to take a break from the slaughter to come post, man some of you guys usernames are hilarious, just literally lol'd when I came up against "virginslayer" lol wtf

gmac
04-16-2017, 06:00 PM
Nicko,

Thanks for the compliments and always a great job with these weekly threads.

And here are my stats.

Attacks: 1197 - Yeah :cool:
Defenses: 396
ratio: 33%

Few things.
1 - Lots of crashes, I almost stopped playing Friday after 4 in a row.
2 - Voids are definitely broken, they work, only sometimes.
3 - My immunity sets are working against Prisoners, saw people complaining they were not, definitely working for me.
4 - Matchmaking is still a mystery, would like to know how it should work at least.

I guess that is it.
Cheers
Gmac

mjmxiii
04-16-2017, 06:01 PM
Happy Easter everyone! Not posting stats or complaints today, just giving a shot out to Gmac and saying congrats on first place this week! Glad to see a trooper on top of the mountain!

Jofer16
04-16-2017, 06:04 PM
Nicko,

Thanks for the compliments and always a great job with these weekly threads.

And here are my stats.

Attacks: 1197 - Yeah :cool:
Defenses: 396
ratio: 33%

Few things.
1 - Lots of crashes, I almost stopped playing Friday after 4 in a row.
2 - Voids are definitely broken, they work, only sometimes.
3 - My immunity sets are working against Prisoners, saw people complaining they were not, definitely working for me.
4 - Matchmaking is still a mystery, would like to know how it should work at least.

I guess that is it.
Cheers
Gmac

Of course void shields are bugged, I use them, another Jofer nerf lol

Silentknight
04-16-2017, 06:10 PM
Had to take a break from the slaughter to come post, man some of you guys usernames are hilarious, just literally lol'd when I came up against "virginslayer" lol wtf

Yeah man,there's some good ones! Then again this has to be one of the coolest forums out there!

gmac
04-16-2017, 06:15 PM
Of course void shields are bugged, I use them, another Jofer nerf lol

Man, I completely removed Voids from my offense, can't rely on them anymore.

Btw, lost twice to non crashes yesterday, yours an Nicko, great defenses.

Your red pyro is awesome.

Silentknight
04-16-2017, 06:15 PM
A couple of the og invisible guys that were making it in with 80% win rates

Sooooo...me

Jofer16
04-16-2017, 06:17 PM
Yeah man,there's some good ones! Then again this has to be one of the coolest forums out there!

I think I just liked the slayerness, as I'm sitting here wearing this haha

Caretaker
04-16-2017, 06:25 PM
I showed the way to deal with attacks and I'm glad people used it. Looking from below it's not much fun :)
Every turn of the clock a few reds. The matchmaking is sure trying to hold you back where you were before some sow used by putting you on more lists.
After 'the show' went on, I went back to ags def and on lower ranks it holds decently.

Prior to Saturday's final push

After all was done I felt ashamed I've missed the 2100 threshold by 2 pts after playing arround with the challenging def Carlos and others have set. Some learning curve for a noob like me :)
End result

Silentknight
04-16-2017, 07:06 PM
No comments on point reset??? I had 2415 points & reset at 1870

Jofer16
04-16-2017, 07:13 PM
Sooooo...me

Crickets... lol

Askora
04-16-2017, 07:13 PM
Congrats gmac, good to see someone else at the top. No offense Jofer, your team is pretty top notch when I've faced them and I know you've earned that top title many times. Just good to see a little change in the top 3.

Last week, Rank of 114 with 2060 points, Attacks 147 and only 39 Defends. I became invisible after the update, as I think the only attacks on me were revenges. Lucky, since *Chuck* seems to disable my talisman abilities along with passives now. So, got my ass handed to me after the update because it seemed like every team I faced had the prisoner.

Glad to see someone else finally saying something about void shields, they've been broken since before the last update. And, now the update nerfed my DD who I've only had for about a month. I'm sure if I ever manage to get the blue bat they'll change him up as well. Don't want my team to be OP'ing. Probably don't have to worry about that too soon, as I seem to be pretty good at getting only more souls for the pit.

Monte47
04-16-2017, 07:17 PM
Congrats gmac, good to see someone else at the top. No offense Jofer, your team is pretty top notch when I've faced them and I know you've earned that top title many times. Just good to see a little change in the top 3.

Last week, Rank of 114 with 2060 points, Attacks 147 and only 39 Defends. I became invisible after the update, as I think the only attacks on me were revenges. Lucky, since *Chuck* seems to disable my talisman abilities along with passives now. So, got my ass handed to me after the update because it seemed like every team I faced had the prisoner.

Glad to see someone else finally saying something about void shields, they've been broken since before the last update. And, now the update nerfed my DD who I've only had for about a month. I'm sure if I ever manage to get the blue bat they'll change him up as well. Don't want my team to be OP'ing. Probably don't have to worry about that too soon, as I seem to be pretty good at getting only more souls for the pit.

Hey! Just wanted to say hello, as you are one of my troopers. Thanks for the points, and I apologize I've not made it through you all everyday the last month, the last couple of weeks I've been getting it done everyday at least. Take care
Eskiggalu-8063

Jofer16
04-16-2017, 07:22 PM

No offense taken, gmac deserved it! I agree, was a nice change up. And I still just think of Ashoka Tano when I see your name haha Too much Star Wars for me.

Askora
04-16-2017, 07:23 PM
Monte47, not a problem at all. And, hello back.

I'd guess that I get trooper badges from maybe 10 of my troopers on a regular basis. I think most of mine are pretty casual players. I use them and just figure I get what I get. I usually don't kick them unless they've been inactive forever and I've got a request.

Askora
04-16-2017, 07:27 PM
Jofer, I'd never even heard that name before. Had to look it up. Never watched that series. It's actually a name that a program I wrote in high school generated, back in my D&D days. Think my name is much older. :cool:

konstifik
04-16-2017, 07:59 PM
Times I attacked: 29
Times I was attacked: 177
Ratio: 6,1

While this may look devastating, it wasn't. I was always around 1600 VP and kept a 40 % hold rate (which is by far the best I've ever had) which at that level was enough to keep my VP steady (as you gain more VP from a lost match than you loose from a defeat).

I did not change my defensive team from previous weeks and the update made two of my characters slightly worse and left the other two unchanged. I therefor suspect that the increase in my hold rate was due to the new matchmaking making me show up more on lists of less good players.

Ringe666-7406
04-16-2017, 08:07 PM
Not surprising they buffed Nomad to the max shortly after I posted I didn't have him. Between that and the speed tuning it's starting to feel like some of these changes are a direct result of me winning.

I am sooooooooo tempted to max my warrior CotD and Nomad with skill shards, then combining them with AoF... Child can produce more than 17k to SSD on GoD with Nomad's buff now... Only I lack a decent Eddie to lead them. I'd love Visions to remove some Shells from enemy right away.

As for voids, seems to me that they only do not react to physical damage (Pris, Pharaoh, damned gunner CR), magic seems to be in order. Also, for a long time there is one where SSD/ sentinel BB from def team (never on me when I'm attacking) with Invisibility active misses the perfect hit and yet he doesn't lose it but it just fall down to 2. Luckily enough, I think it never costed me points, but is annoying af.

Askora
04-16-2017, 08:12 PM
No, they do it with magic damage as well. In pvp, pve on offense, on defense. It just seems random as to whether they do what they're supposed to or not. I haven't seen a pattern.

Silentknight
04-16-2017, 09:24 PM
Crickets... lol

Lmao,funny how that works!

tex-0775
04-16-2017, 09:29 PM
Happy easter and congrats to the winners :cool:

Matchmaking hasn't really been on my side lately, so i chose to only play 10 a day. Last update didn't exactly improve things :cool:

Funny thing, i have a second account on my mobile to use on the go, i only use it to pass time so it's nothing special, low(ish) level, low troopers etc, but nonetheless the same as above ;-)

Attack, 70, 66 wins, 94%
Defence, 264, 82 wins, 31%

About usernames, i've had several encounters with a player called 'meat leif', one of best i've seen ;)

Ian
04-16-2017, 10:48 PM
Last week was appalling. Started off well hoping to maintain a top-100 place, then got truly shafted by the update. Final stats for the week:

Attacks made: 170
Defended: 275

Was lucky to maintain above 1800 pts. In a best case scenario where I might lose only 10 pts for each defence loss, that is 1050 points deficit to make up, and of course most losses would be more than that. I gave up by Thursday because it was like being tied to a truck and pulling it up a hill.

For comparison, previous week my stats were about 240 attacks made and 270 defences and finished in top 100 with around 2200.

I am truly envious of those who are not showing up on lists and get attacked much less.

Chaosego888
04-16-2017, 10:56 PM
I think I just liked the slayerness, as I'm sitting here wearing this haha

Man, brings back memories... I used to have the original Slaytanic Wehrmacht tour shirt version of that. It had 'Root of all Evil' text where the Slayer logo is on the reprints. I saw them open for Motorhead right after the South of Heaven release. They used to be my favorite before that Diabolus in Musica garbage!

Chaosego888
04-16-2017, 11:09 PM
Attacks 501
Defenses 125

For everyone still getting attacked alot, Grind your way up and see if it changes. I think that is the way it is set up now, not going to complain about that because it gives the player some control... Hopefully it works the same for everyone now though.

Chaosego888
04-16-2017, 11:14 PM
Whatever happened to Bitchslap666? Great trooper for a long time! ...

Jofer16
04-16-2017, 11:19 PM
Man, brings back memories... I used to have the original Slaytanic Wehrmacht tour shirt version of that. It had 'Root of all Evil' text where the Slayer logo is on the reprints. I saw them open for Motorhead right after the South of Heaven release. They used to be my favorite before that Diabolus in Musica garbage!

Yeah this is the tour shirt with "root of all evil" down the whole back of the shirt. Classic!

Zapathusara
04-16-2017, 11:53 PM
Was kind of lazy this week, bored with the bugs.
Got a good amount of attacks, in part due to some players striking 3 or 4 times until a win.

RCarter
04-17-2017, 01:22 AM
148 attacks
137 defends

Feels about right I guess.

Thought it would be fun to run an all harpy defense after the update. My defense rate has never been so low...

Tritium
04-17-2017, 01:34 AM
Me vs. Update = Me lose.

Ratio: 2.23%

On the bright side, check out that hold percentage for this week thus far. I'm fuckin' rolling, man. :cool:

Thedarkness
04-17-2017, 02:39 AM
Lmao,funny how that works!

Gotta tread lightly, don't want to be the next one axed from that trooper list. :p

Silentknight
04-17-2017, 03:42 AM
Gotta tread lightly, don't want to be the next one axed from that trooper list. :p

So it was me u were referring to. Well I'll have u know my lowest attacks against is 260. Have never benefited from that bug. Also bug is fairly new as top players used to get attacked alot. Was not bragging either,kinda hard to brag about something that hinges so much on RNG & bugs. Will be cutting troopers down to 40 too so do me a favor & make my desicion easier!

Askora
04-17-2017, 04:14 AM
WTH, RogueLeader's GRE just took 3 turns in one round. GRE attacks, SSD attacks, GRE attacks, CG attacks, GRE attacks and that was about all she wrote.

Thedarkness
04-17-2017, 04:29 AM
So it was me u were referring to. Well I'll have u know my lowest attacks against is 260. Have never benefited from that bug. Also bug is fairly new as top players used to get attacked alot. Was not bragging either,kinda hard to brag about something that hinges so much on RNG & bugs. Will be cutting troopers down to 40 too so do me a favor & make my desicion easier!

I was just kidding dude jesus. Thought you were kidding too.

And its probably not a bug but a "feature"

BadTaste
04-17-2017, 09:07 AM
Last week I ended up #14
Attack: 245
Defence: 85
I was more or less invisible the whole week. At least 80% (maybe more) of my received attacks were revenges. This is the first time this has happened to me as I regulary lie in the 300 defence range... And I never saw any players ranked above me on my attacklists during the week. The exeptions here are Carlos and Edwardgreat which were the closest players above me. So my attacklists mainly contained players ranked #100 and lower, which means 12 points for win and -20 points for losses and lost revenges... And I lost some fights due to a server error at the end of won matches. From time to time I ask myself why do I play this game with all the bugs and broken mechanics, but I'm still playing... :confused: :o

EDIT: I'm definately not invisible this week. 40+ attacks so far and counting. I have played PVP exactly the same way the last 4-5 weeks when it comes to clearing attack lists, use of SOW, revenges and so on. So what triggers invisible mode for some players is anyones guess...

Up the Irons!

HomemLivre
04-17-2017, 12:53 PM
Last week makes me feel like I received a "roll back in time" punch in the face...

Attacks: 270 (9 losses due to crashes or infinite spin wheel of death)
Attacks received: 458 (wtf)

I really feel like all the bugs that was fixed before this patch are gone. Very annoying...

Zapathusara
04-17-2017, 01:30 PM
I know it's just 2 days, but my defense already shows a big difference next to last week. I guess I'm stealth mode again.

And my GRE just realesed its fury... In my own team. Lol.

calizario
04-17-2017, 02:28 PM
Atk = 628
Def = 173

Finally a top5, but that's because Nicko and Skynyrdoo7 stepped on the brake all Saturday ... I thank heheehhe

It's been two weeks since I've noticed, the leaders of the ranking hardly ever face each other, I've been in the top 10 this week and I faced on my list 3x jofer and 1x Nicko who was 1 position below mine. Every list that completed the maximum that appeared was a player with 3.1k to 3.k points nothing more than that, besides the list had repeated names of 3 lists backwards and so on. During the whole week I had the opportunity of only 3 or 4x to gain 20 points per victory rs ... Who is below the top10 suffers from the constant attacks of the leaders, this has to change, as well as the points system, I do not Bothered if I attack and I lose 20 points, but losing 20 in revange is too annoying, AI is too dumb and we are severely punished for it. There has to be a way to balance that.

Silentknight
04-17-2017, 05:04 PM
I was just kidding dude jesus. Thought you were kidding too.

And its probably not a bug but a "feature"

When posts say top 25 & 80% that pretty much means me & only me. When posts say bragging & easy then my back gets up! When I'm 'kidding' I follow comments with a j/k. No worries,made it thru troopers today & thru the week usually isn't a problem. Next w/end may be a different story but u aren't one of my 1st choices. Been great & thx!

Silentknight
04-17-2017, 05:16 PM
WTH, RogueLeader's GRE just took 3 turns in one round. GRE attacks, SSD attacks, GRE attacks, CG attacks, GRE attacks and that was about all she wrote.

Lmao, it's not 3 turns,it's the extra turns but that's how it happens sometimes. Had Nicko's GRE & Warrior Troll attack at exact same time b4. Yesterday I had an AoF get it's extra turn for all allies,killed him,GRE revived him & he got his extra turn again!!!

hold
04-17-2017, 05:20 PM
Lmao, it's not 3 turns,it's the extra turns but that's how it happens sometimes. Had Nicko's GRE & Warrior Troll attack at exact same time b4. Yesterday I had an AoF get it's extra turn for all allies,killed him,GRE revived him & he got his extra turn again!!!

You might want to keep that :)

Silentknight
04-17-2017, 05:21 PM
You might want to keep that :)

Lol,hadn't noticed but thx!

Thedarkness
04-17-2017, 05:29 PM
When posts say top 25 & 80% that pretty much means me & only me. When posts say bragging & easy then my back gets up! When I'm 'kidding' I follow comments with a j/k. No worries,made it thru troopers today & thru the week usually isn't a problem. Next w/end may be a different story but u aren't one of my 1st choices. Been great & thx!

I really dont think it was you. I just remember being fristrated seeing some guys with very low attacks made getting good rewards while i was getting my head bashed in trying to hang in the top 100.

I actually appreciate those guys shared their stats and were straight up about it. Seems like a lot of us are benefitting from it now, and hopefully they fix that soon.

I will scale back once i get my sacrifice reward cyborg sharded. Hopefully we will all have some new levels to play by then.

Silentknight
04-17-2017, 05:34 PM
I really dont think it was you. I just remember being fristrated seeing some guys with very low attacks made getting good rewards while i was getting my head bashed in trying to hang in the top 100.

I actually appreciate those guys shared their stats and were straight up about it. Seems like a lot of us are benefitting from it now, and hopefully they fix that soon.

I will scale back once i get my sacrifice reward cyborg sharded. Hopefully we will all have some new levels to play by then.

Understandable,worst matchmaking yet! Things seem to be getting worse not better. Maybe list should have only higher players. That is how a ladder works!

Ringe666-7406
04-17-2017, 06:09 PM
During the whole week I had the opportunity of only 3 or 4x to gain 20 points per victory rs ... Who is below the top10 suffers from the constant attacks of the leaders, this has to change, as well as the points system, I do not Bothered if I attack and I lose 20 points, but losing 20 in revange is too annoying, AI is too dumb and we are severely punished for it. There has to be a way to balance that.

My thoughts exactly seven days ago when I finished fifth :D Alas, these are just words in the wind, condemned to never be heard by anyone...

Ubajoa
04-17-2017, 06:16 PM

I had a hard week, I was traveling with my family and didn't have much time to test my defense to respond the new patch. I was attacked a lot, it seems that my name appears in several lists and I didn't see any top players so no 20 points for me in any list. Before the update I developed a very effective strategy that became useless with the patch and now I'm figuring out how to deal with the changes. Congratulations to Gmac very deserved 1st place.

druid138
04-17-2017, 06:27 PM
I'll throw my stats out here, just to provide another data point. I don't attempt to be competitive in the Arena - I just play for the coins.

1554 Points
2321 Rank

Attack: 68 / 76 (89%)
Defense: 43 / 181 (24%)

Ratio: 2.4

I definitely noticed a huge change in how often I was attacked following the matchmaking update.

Ignoring the Sparton 300 week, I usually attack around 80 times and get attacked significantly less than that, sometimes less than 40 (88 and 35 the week before, for instance).

However, getting attacked more kept my rank worse, making it easier to win coins. Usually, when I get in the high 1700 point range, my Attack Win % really drops and coins become hard to come by. An amateur problem, I know!

As a side note, I'm loving what the update did for the Assassin CotD. He is much more effective in the Arena now.

druid138-6195

Rodrigo-3281
04-17-2017, 07:14 PM
Last week's stats:

Attacks: 142/164 (87%)
Defense: 19/139 (14%)

My best attack % and my D is what is. I'm mostly in it for the iron coins now but as others have pointed out after last week's update the attacks against me have gone up. Today I woke up to 27 attacks, a number I haven't seen since like February/March. I'll go to bed with a ranking of between 90-100 and after all these attacks I'm in the 400's. If I were playing to be competitive and try to stay consistently in the top 100 I would be extremely discouraged by this and would obviously have to spend ironite on SOW, something which I won't do anymore (unless there's another Sparton 300 type event).

Something fun that happened this morning is that in my 10 matches I went 2nd every time. That was a first. Since the RNG coin toss is currently against me there's now way I'm cashing in the souls I have saved up right now. :D

Monte47
04-17-2017, 07:40 PM
Last week makes me feel like I received a "roll back in time" punch in the face...

Attacks: 270 (9 losses due to crashes or infinite spin wheel of death)
Attacks received: 458 (wtf)

I really feel like all the bugs that was fixed before this patch are gone. Very annoying...

Man, I could not friggin beat you, and I even won the coin toss once. Nice team

Eskiggalu-8063

Nerada
04-17-2017, 08:42 PM
I played a bit less last week, here are my stats

160/166 in attack
97/418 in def

I feel like the amount of times you are attacked depends on your last week ranking, il ended at 1680 pts last week (2078 two weeks ago) and i've been attacked only 7 times so far this week

Up the irons

Askora
04-17-2017, 11:51 PM

Maybe that could be it. Usually, the games stuttering pretty bad before I get the weird things happening.

Silentknight
04-18-2017, 12:48 AM
Maybe that could be it. Usually, the games stuttering pretty bad before I get the weird things happening.

Close & open game again. Happens all the time. Makes perfect hits tricky

Askora
04-18-2017, 02:30 AM
I know, I usually have to do it a few times when I'm playing.

New one though. *Chuck* went twice in a row. He just gets more powerful everyday. Killed my SGS, but since my GRE was hiding I turned it around.

Silentknight
04-18-2017, 02:38 AM
I know, I usually have to do it a few times when I'm playing.

New one though. *Chuck* went twice in a row. He just gets more powerful everyday. Killed my SGS, but since my GRE was hiding I turned it around.

Figured you'd know that. Haven't seen Chucks new move yet tho

Askora
04-18-2017, 03:18 AM
Well, maybe on the next bug update they can give him invincibility for like 20 turns. :cool:

Silentknight
04-18-2017, 04:05 AM
Well, maybe on the next bug update they can give him invincibility for like 20 turns. :cool:

I keep getting matches where immunity & shell talismans are non-existent??? Of course only on my team,never opposing team. Funny how these bugs always hurt u & never help

Tritium
04-18-2017, 04:52 AM
I keep getting matches where immunity & shell talismans are non-existent??? Of course only on my team,never opposing team. Funny how these bugs always hurt u & never help

Yeah, man. Kinda makes me feel more badass when I pull off the victory, but after a while it can be more frustrating than anything. :S

Silentknight
04-18-2017, 05:31 AM
Yeah, man. Kinda makes me feel more badass when I pull off the victory, but after a while it can be more frustrating than anything. :S

Phew,thot I was the only 1. Seems to happen against certain players. 3 or 4 vs Enti yesterday. 3 vs ill today,played 2 other opponents...np,back to ill...no talismans again??? Both have totally different teams too.

zdm-1083
04-18-2017, 07:35 AM
Pwet,

212 attacks
72 defenses

I'm struggling a bit against new team setup so my win percentage is not that good last week: around 90%

And this week I was already attacked more than last week (80+)
And this is 20 defenses more than attacks (60+)
So I'm lower than 1700 points at this time.

MoonShadow
04-18-2017, 08:52 AM
This was the first week when this PvP experience really bugged me :mad:. After the update, the number of attacks had increased way too much, I believe, and it was hard to keep up with the rankings. I don't have the time and I also don't want to play too much, I play PvP just for fun and for some coins to buy skillshards and souls, but it's annoying to see that all the time and effort invested in attacks, is wasted overnight by defense. A lousy one, maybe, but still I don't understand why there's a big gap between my attack stats and defense stats.

A: 143/156 (92%)
D: 101/358 (28%)

Sure, many seem to complain about attack/defense ratio, and without some key toons it seems hard to stay on top. But, it's somehow frustrating to see that you're losing sooo many points in defense and you can do almost nothing to change that. :(

...and this week I'm was already attacked by 81 "fans" (I am getting used to be attacked by the same users, and I'm starting to believe that I have a fan-club over there... :cool:)

...and a funny thing: I was attacked by the same user for 7 (seven!) times in a row... eventually he won the last one, but I really don't see the gain in wasting 7 SoW and too many points (I presume), for just one win...

Nicko
04-18-2017, 01:22 PM

SK - I read his post differently. A few weeks back there were players like Kris who were (through no fault of their own) blessed with the attack bug. They were in the Top 25 even with mediocre percentages, and somewhere the word "easy" may have been thrown around by one of them. And it was!

But in any event - I didn't read this as targeting you. Just the players who slid in due to the attack bug. You're attacks on you are consistently high. And you've always made it very clear you'll clear your lists no matter what - and frankly - I'm glad I'm not appearing on those any more ;)

Cheers!

Tritium
04-18-2017, 05:21 PM
This week isn't looking so hot for me again. Up to:

Attacks: 34 (100% win rate for now :cool:)
Defends: 125 Scheisse lol

At least my hold percentage is the highest it's ever been for once (thank you, Cyborg!), so I'm staying around the same rank for the most part (although the rank is pretty damn low haha).

Ringe666-7406
04-18-2017, 05:36 PM
This week isn't looking so hot for me again. Up to:

Attacks: 34 (100% win rate for now :cool:)
Defends: 125 Scheisse lol

At least my hold percentage is the highest it's ever been for once (thank you, Cyborg!), so I'm staying around the same rank for the most part (although the rank is pretty damn low haha).

My attack is 99% atm, 134/136 or slt... Just lost these two against Jofer (first time in months on attacking) and Carlos (miscalculated first turn). F'n VE is now F'n for other reasons, real pain in the ass :D

Tritium
04-18-2017, 05:47 PM
My attack is 99% atm, 134/136 or slt... Just lost these two against Jofer (first time in months on attacking) and Carlos (miscalculated first turn). F'n VE is now F'n for other reasons, real pain in the ass :D

I'll bet that a majority of the top forum players' losses last week and this week are due to crashes and bugs that cause the game to freeze/hang. I had that happen more times than I could count last week and had to change the skills I used because of it. Cyborg's Dead Eye basic attack would freeze the game after roughly every 5th use or so, which forced me to use his present basic attack (which isn't nearly as good :().

I hope all of these bugs get squashed in the next update, as my low attack count is purely because I've almost completely lost the motivation to PVP. I'm practically forcing myself to use my SOW for iron coins, and even then I struggle to use them all most of the time haha.

Rodrigo-3281
04-18-2017, 05:55 PM
I'm currently at:

Attack: 60/68 (1 was because the arena battle didn't load and another one because I killed myself. LOL.)
Defense: 27/109 (Better hold so far but I'm on pace for my most defends ever. Thanks new update! Woke up to 21 attacks this morning.)

Kris-0707
04-18-2017, 07:43 PM

Quite happy with rank 41, as always didn't pay to much attention during the whole week to that bugged pvp feature, I spent only 60 ironite for SoW on Saturday night just before midnight/reset (UK time) to keep the position between 26-50, I could push a little bit more earlier to get into top 25, but prefer to get 5 crappy rare souls rather than 1 crappy gun/assasin soul, skill shard doesn't matter as I've got plenty of them in my stash, gained more ironite than spent, which is ok.

Thedarkness
04-19-2017, 12:05 AM
Carlos, awesome team. Most fun Ive had in pvp trying to beat your team.

Sid-2370

Liebhild
04-19-2017, 07:46 AM
Current week

Attacks: 93
Defends: 113

Useless to play

Ian
04-19-2017, 06:51 PM
Current week

Attacks: 93
Defends: 113

Useless to play

You are lucky, my current stats this week
Attacks 112
Defends: 213

100 more, almost double, and we aren't even at the weekend yet. It has been literally impossible to make progress unless I quit my job or get divorced, and start buying ironite like it was jelly beans. But we are getting a new fucking Eddie so yay! 😊

Thedarkness
04-20-2017, 12:01 AM
Well, im not invisible anymore with the sneaky new update. So much for my run at top 10. My defense is shite since they ruined my blue bat.

Lets see how far I drop, hahaha. Careful what you wish for fellas.

Sid-2370

Ringe666-7406
04-20-2017, 08:00 AM
Well, im not invisible anymore with the sneaky new update. So much for my run at top 10. My defense is shite since they ruined my blue bat.

Lets see how far I drop, hahaha. Careful what you wish for fellas.

Sid-2370

If it'll make you feel better (I hardly believe it will), everyone is taking piss on me as well. Same for top10, so yeah, lets see this magnificent fall.

Ian
04-20-2017, 07:35 PM
Welcome to what the rest of us had to endure on the attacks - losing 300 points every time we sleep. My blue bat got ruined too, so I know how it feels.

Thedarkness
04-20-2017, 09:13 PM
Welcome to what the rest of us had to endure on the attacks - losing 300 points every time we sleep. My blue bat got ruined too, so I know how it feels.

I was right there with you before last week. Now ive been attacked 100 times since the update. Oh the humanity. Just gotta laugh.

DaveMurray
04-20-2017, 09:35 PM
Attacked about 100 times since the last update. My attacks are already fewer.
Thanks for the "balance" NF..Just tell us who you want to win so that the rest of us won't play at all.
Should i expect about 300 on Saturday?

Jofer16
04-20-2017, 09:37 PM
I was right there with you before last week. Now ive been attacked 100 times since the update. Oh the humanity. Just gotta laugh.

This was to be expected for some who's ratios were out of whack for whatever they coded to be the cutoff. We were midweek, so there's gonna be drastic changes the second the update hit and will continue until that ratio settles with their desired range.

Now if it were me, I would have pushed the update as close to the arena reset as possible, while making sure not to fall before the reset itself. That would have been the proper way to deploy the update to not have the exact situation we're seeing happen. Too much disturbance with people's expectations otherwise. Just really bad timing.

Next week people won't see floods of attacks unless they are attacking with the new matchmaking put in place from the get go. Well I guess all this depends on the logic of the change not being bugged itself, which is a whole other conversation haha

Tritium
04-20-2017, 10:42 PM
I've only been attacked once since the update, but this makes sense considering how I'm still at a ridiculous ratio with:

Attacks: 58
Defends: 190

At least now I can finally get ahead again.

Jofer16
04-20-2017, 11:01 PM
I've only been attacked once since the update, but this makes sense considering how I'm still at a ridiculous ratio with:

Attacks: 58
Defends: 190

At least now I can finally get ahead again.

That's what I've been thinking too, my ratios have always been pretty good, but mainly because I'm relentless to stay ahead. Maybe just the free loaders are feeling the weight the rest of us have been pulling.

Tritium
04-20-2017, 11:17 PM
That's what I've been thinking too, my ratios have always been pretty good, but mainly because I'm relentless to stay ahead. Maybe just the free loaders are feeling the weight the rest of us have been pulling.

Yeah, the entitled attitude of a small minority of the players can be quite annoying. Like the ones who loved having the "invisible-in-arena bug" and now complain that they actually have to compete due to the amount of attacks they're receiving. Meanwhile, the rest of us are just thinking: "welcome to the club..." haha.

Jofer16
04-20-2017, 11:27 PM
Yeah, the entitled attitude of a small minority of the players can be quite annoying. Like the ones who loved having the "invisible-in-arena bug" and now complain that they actually have to compete due to the amount of attacks they're receiving. Meanwhile, the rest of us are just thinking: "welcome to the club..." haha.

+1. such it is in every game though. some people just can't accept the fact some people's skill/resources trump them. if it isn't Prisoner, it'll be Visions, if it's not Visions, it'll be matchmaking, and round and round we go. point the finger in the mirror instead of any other direction is my game. pretty sure i could give my account to 99.9% of the player base and they couldn't achieve what i have. like I said before, if you want something, tighten up your boots and go get it.

Thedarkness
04-21-2017, 12:52 AM
+1. such it is in every game though. some people just can't accept the fact some people's skill/resources trump them. if it isn't Prisoner, it'll be Visions, if it's not Visions, it'll be matchmaking, and round and round we go. point the finger in the mirror instead of any other direction is my game. pretty sure i could give my account to 99.9% of the player base and they couldn't achieve what i have. like I said before, if you want something, tighten up your boots and go get it.

Hey man im under no illusions that i belonged so far up the ranks. Dont have very many 5 star toons, much less fully sharded, dont do 600-1000 fights a week either.

Jofer, hats off to you, youve been ahead of the curve on adjusting your defense to all the seemingly bi-weekly tuning theyve been doing (cant hurt to get those 5 shards a week tho), and you are clearly a monster at playing this game. Same goes to the consistent top guys.

We all can agree that the invisible on the lists bug was bullshit and really annoying. Glad to say I got to be on the invisible end for a week and a half. Ill take my one glorious skillshard thank you. But that bug did highlight the sheer stupidity of losing points from being attacked.

Right now it feels like they just lurched to the other extreme with this matchmaking update, wont hold my breath hoping it evens out by next week.

Monte47
04-21-2017, 11:05 PM
Not sure if already noted, but I just won a battle under the defense tab, I was given my iron coins, but it tabs as a defeat. Did drop a bit of rank.

Jofer16
04-21-2017, 11:09 PM
Hey man im under no illusions that i belonged so far up the ranks. Dont have very many 5 star toons, much less fully sharded, dont do 600-1000 fights a week either.

Jofer, hats off to you, youve been ahead of the curve on adjusting your defense to all the seemingly bi-weekly tuning theyve been doing (cant hurt to get those 5 shards a week tho), and you are clearly a monster at playing this game. Same goes to the consistent top guys.

We all can agree that the invisible on the lists bug was bullshit and really annoying. Glad to say I got to be on the invisible end for a week and a half. Ill take my one glorious skillshard thank you. But that bug did highlight the sheer stupidity of losing points from being attacked.

Right now it feels like they just lurched to the other extreme with this matchmaking update, wont hold my breath hoping it evens out by next week.

Thanks man, just switched up my defense again, harpy time!

Jofer16
04-22-2017, 02:05 AM

This song always played in my head whenever I saw people crying about fairness haha a little taste of where I come from:

https://youtu.be/mnZCqzvLEW8

Tritium
04-22-2017, 02:15 AM
This song always played in my head whenever I saw people crying about fairness haha a little taste of where I come from:

https://youtu.be/mnZCqzvLEW8

That's not a bad tune at all. I can see why it pops in your head haha.

OdoyleRules
04-22-2017, 02:21 AM

I win most, but lose to those who are better. They put in the strategy and time to perfect their team. Very well done. You deserve the top spots. We live in a world that everyone wants a stinking participation trophy and that is what the masses on the game are all about. They whine because they are not as good as the best without even putting in the time. That the developers need to adjust the game to level the competition. I do not have a Visions, Pharaoh, Viking, prisoner, nor some good sentinels, but golly, I try with what I have. Not every game is going to have an Up, Up, Down, Down...code.

Jofer16
04-22-2017, 02:35 AM
I win most, but lose to those who are better. They put in the strategy and time to perfect their team. Very well done. You deserve the top spots. We live in a world that everyone wants a stinking participation trophy and that is what the masses on the game are all about. They whine because they are not as good as the best without even putting in the time. That the developers need to adjust the game to level the competition. I do not have a Visions, Pharaoh, Viking, prisoner, nor some good sentinels, but golly, I try with what I have. Not every game is going to have an Up, Up, Down, Down...code.

Yes! I think I saw a few trooper friend requests from you in the past. Your gamer name made me laugh, great movie. Send me another, I'll clear a spot for you.

OdoyleRules
04-22-2017, 03:10 AM
Yes! I think I saw a few trooper friend requests from you in the past. Your gamer name made me laugh, great movie. Send me another, I'll clear a spot for you.

I shall. I used to have 007 after OdoyleRules for many games/fantasy names and such, but after the second Daniel Craig movie, I dropped the 00 status.

Nicko
04-22-2017, 01:41 PM

I'm not sure who this was referring to, but since I made a comment on number of attacks in the update thread I wanted to address it head on.

I've been here since beta. I was always one or two in beta and I've been top ten - most of the time top three - every week I've played.

I know what it is to get hundreds of attacks. It happened week-in-week-out until just over two weeks ago for me. And then I vanished - as did all the players at the top.

And honestly? From a mental perspective - it was just better. ALL of us at the top were invisible - so it was a level playing field for those in the top ten - and your rank was directly proportionate to how hard you worked. Fair to those in the middle? Absolutely not - that wasn't my point. It was that the FEEL of the game was so much better when it wasn't two steps forward three back - and everyone should enjoy that feeling.

So it wasn't "Boo hoo now I'm getting attacked" as a forum member stated. I was getting attacked a ton throughout most of PvP. 300+ times routinely. It was "Wow - this game is so much more enjoyable when you feel like your rank is proportionate to your effort" - and an argument - as I've made in almost every weekly PvP thread for the last month (even when I enjoyed the attack bug) - to adjust how defenses are calculated.

The greatest predictor of success in this game is how hard you're willing to work. Jofer has a determination like no other. No matter how things were set up, he'd be number one - I loved his analogy about giving his account to another player - wouldn't make a difference. They wouldn't duplicate what he's done.

But the SECOND biggest predictor is defensive losses. When you're at the top it's 20 points a loss. And even 12 points is a big deal if you're getting attacked 450 times and your competitor is attacked 300 times while making the same number of offensive attacks.

Kind of like going to work, and while you're making the same as the guy next to you, he's paying 25% in taxes but you're paying 45%. Suck it up? Guess you could do that - but I doubt you'd be happy about it.

So my point was we know matchmaking has been a work in progress and up to this point broken. Hellhound's immunity isn't working, there is a pop-up about reporting crashes - but we're going to trust that NF has the second biggest determinant of one's PvP success (one that we as players can't monitor other than my weekly thread) all fixed, tidied up and working smoothly.

Hmmm....

So my suggestion was to make point losses for breaks in defense minimal - ex 0-5 points - and continue to reward holds. Players will STILL have to buy Ironite to compete - but from a psychological perspective you will go forward much more proportionate to your effort, defense will STILL matter, and if the match lists are still broken it wouldn't matter nearly as much.

Circling back - my original point wasn't "Wahhh - I was invisible and now I'm attacked'. Absolutely not. If we had reasonable assurance the matchmaking lists were FAIR - we'd all be in the same boat. We'd all take a good hit during the night. I'm cool with that, even if I don't think it's the best from an "I love of this game" perspective.

And I really like how Spartan and Kaz appear here and keep us updated. I believe they really do want this game to succeed - and a win-win for both player and NF.

But until I see how things pan out, I will keep a skeptical eye on these lists. We were told before it will take a few weeks for things to normalize and they never did. Here's to round two...

blackbolt
04-22-2017, 02:04 PM
Hi guys, I have a question, today something unusual is happening, I've been attacked a lot by top 5 players, I mean multiple times like 5-6 attacks from someone...nothing to complain about it, but my curiosity is, revenges excluded, am I appearing on your attack list multiple times when you clear it? If that'so, it's normal or you feel like something changed? It's my first time above 2000 points so maybe it's just like this I really don't know...

Cheers

BadTaste
04-22-2017, 02:36 PM
Hi guys, I have a question, today something unusual is happening, I've been attacked a lot by top 5 players, I mean multiple times like 5-6 attacks from someone...nothing to complain about it, but my curiosity is, revenges excluded, am I appearing on your attack list multiple times when you clear it? If that'so, it's normal or you feel like something changed? It's my first time above 2000 points so maybe it's just like this I really don't know...

Cheers

I don't remember if you were on my attack list, but I always clear my attack list and when I get a new list I see names I know I have attacked earlier the same day. If I compare my 3 last attack lists I am 100% sure that there are not 30 different names on them. And for me it has been like this for several weeks. But you do not appear several times on the same list.

Up the Irons!

Killhouse
04-22-2017, 02:49 PM

Cheers

I made a comment in the update thread, I'm seeing a lot of the same names each clear and unfortunately you're one of those names. It's not personal and I'd love to have some new teams/names come up.

Yes, it looks like they fixed the top people from disappearing, but from the top, I'm seeing the same names each clear.

😐

blackbolt
04-22-2017, 02:53 PM
I always clear my attack list and when I get a new list I see names I know I have attacked earlier the same day. If I compare my 3 last attack lists I am 100% sure that there are not 30 different names on them.
Up the Irons!

Mmm, I see, maybe it's just because you guys clear your lists so many times...And maybe for how the matching system works the pool of names for building balanced attack lists it's not that big...it's the law of large numbers, you guys play too fast =D

blackbolt
04-22-2017, 03:01 PM
and unfortunately you're one of those names. It's not personal and I'd love to have some new teams/names come up.

Yeah, I was thinking especially about you, I saw your name a lot (painfully =D) don't worry, no offence is taken, if you beat me you deserve that points! I just found a strange pattern in my defence list, it's scary seeing a lot of giants out of my window...Oh, well, there's so not much window anymore =D

CanyptianFit
04-22-2017, 03:06 PM
Yeah, to me, for those in the 1900-2200 range it's no mans land. Lots of attacks. Maybe the new list adjusted it, but in the past that was a tough area to be in.

Killhouse
04-22-2017, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I was thinking especially about you, I saw your name a lot (painfully =D) don't worry, no offence is taken, if you beat me you deserve that points! I just found a strange pattern in my defence list, it's scary seeing a lot of giants out of my window...Oh, well, there's so not much window anymore =D

It sucks from this side too, I don't feel good about it. There's players I've easily attacked 7-8 times in the last 24 hours. Maybe this will bring attention to the devs but there's so many larger issues I'm losing hope like a lot of senior players these days.

I just don't know anymore... reset can't come soon enough for me.

Askora
04-22-2017, 05:04 PM
I'm not sure who this was referring to, but since I made a comment on number of attacks in the update thread I wanted to address it head on.

I've been here since beta. I was always one or two in beta and I've been top ten - most of the time top three - every week I've played.

I know what it is to get hundreds of attacks. It happened week-in-week-out until just over two weeks ago for me. And then I vanished - as did all the players at the top.

And honestly? From a mental perspective - it was just better. ALL of us at the top were invisible - so it was a level playing field for those in the top ten - and your rank was directly proportionate to how hard you worked. Fair to those in the middle? Absolutely not - that wasn't my point. It was that the FEEL of the game was so much better when it wasn't two steps forward three back - and everyone should enjoy that feeling.

So it wasn't "Boo hoo now I'm getting attacked" as a forum member stated. I was getting attacked a ton throughout most of PvP. 300+ times routinely. It was "Wow - this game is so much more enjoyable when you feel like your rank is proportionate to your effort" - and an argument - as I've made in almost every weekly PvP thread for the last month (even when I enjoyed the attack bug) - to adjust how defenses are calculated.

The greatest predictor of success in this game is how hard you're willing to work. Jofer has a determination like no other. No matter how things were set up, he'd be number one - I loved his analogy about giving his account to another player - wouldn't make a difference. They wouldn't duplicate what he's done.

But the SECOND biggest predictor is defensive losses. When you're at the top it's 20 points a loss. And even 12 points is a big deal if you're getting attacked 450 times and your competitor is attacked 300 times while making the same number of offensive attacks.

Kind of like going to work, and while you're making the same as the guy next to you, he's paying 25% in taxes but you're paying 45%. Suck it up? Guess you could do that - but I doubt you'd be happy about it.

So my point was we know matchmaking has been a work in progress and up to this point broken. Hellhound's immunity isn't working, there is a pop-up about reporting crashes - but we're going to trust that NF has the second biggest determinant of one's PvP success (one that we as players can't monitor other than my weekly thread) all fixed, tidied up and working smoothly.

Hmmm....

So my suggestion was to make point losses for breaks in defense minimal - ex 0-5 points - and continue to reward holds. Players will STILL have to buy Ironite to compete - but from a psychological perspective you will go forward much more proportionate to your effort, defense will STILL matter, and if the match lists are still broken it wouldn't matter nearly as much.

Circling back - my original point wasn't "Wahhh - I was invisible and now I'm attacked'. Absolutely not. If we had reasonable assurance the matchmaking lists were FAIR - we'd all be in the same boat. We'd all take a good hit during the night. I'm cool with that, even if I don't think it's the best from an "I love of this game" perspective.

And I really like how Spartan and Kaz appear here and keep us updated. I believe they really do want this game to succeed - and a win-win for both player and NF.

But until I see how things pan out, I will keep a skeptical eye on these lists. We were told before it will take a few weeks for things to normalize and they never did. Here's to round two...

I agree, for the most part I remember pretty much everyone calling for a level playing field. Myself included. That said, I've received way more attacks than in the past. No worry, as I've always been about playing for the iron coins and not rank. The rewards are just not worth the effort in my opinion. I don't have a team that is capable of top 10 as I don't have any of the primary defensive toons, and don't foresee that changing with my luck in the book of souls. I've got some good toons, but most of them work far better on offense where I can direct the attacks. As Jofer had pointed out, even with his toons not many could do what he did as it takes a lot of determination, strategy and skill. The opposite holds true to, where given someone else who hasn't had the luck of the draws toons, no amount of determination, strategy and skill will make it a top 10 team.

As for whether it normalizes in a few weeks, my guess is that it will take longer than that. At the moment, some people enjoy a point advantage simply because of where they were at when the update took place. Others have the disadvantage from that. To really fix it, the reset would have to set everyone at the same point level. It's going to be easier to maintain that lead, simply because of the screwy point system. I've been tracking my attacks/defends a little bit and I've already seen where despite the fact that my attack and defend ratios are better than they've been for a while my score continues to drop. When my list is comprised primarily of teams that I get 12 to 14 points for a win, and the lists I'm on cause me to drop 16 to 20 points, there is no climbing at a 1/1 attack/defend ratio. With the current state of the AI, the defensive losses just make it worse. Especially when a new patch brings fixes to some and break other teams completely.

Like I said, no worries about the point and rank loss. I'm actually enjoying the far easier battles. Nothing like going to fight against a solitary Eddie, or a team that with just one character attacking is almost completely wiped out. Stocking up on the iron coins for talismans. Hopefully they allow me to boost my defense a little.

I do have a second account, but I don't play it much. Only a 3* Eddie and think I'm level 14. So far in pvp, 8 Attacks and 12 defends. 2 Attacks since the update and 5 defends against mostly 4* and 5* teams. Good balance. Haha

Silentknight
04-22-2017, 05:22 PM
It sucks from this side too, I don't feel good about it. There's players I've easily attacked 7-8 times in the last 24 hours. Maybe this will bring attention to the devs but there's so many larger issues I'm losing hope like a lot of senior players these days.

I just don't know anymore... reset can't come soon enough for me.
Lmao,u mean me!!! I seem to be on Jofer's & ur lists.
No worries...hate the game,not the player! As Nicko said it's nice that the devs interact with us...too bad they don't listen!!!

Killhouse
04-22-2017, 05:38 PM
Lmao,u mean me!!! I seem to be on Jofer's & ur lists.
No worries...hate the game,not the player! As Nicko said it's nice that the devs interact with us...too bad they don't listen!!!

Haha yes you're on there frequently. I'm thankful there's a revenge cap!

Looks like Jofer is going for it!

Silentknight
04-22-2017, 05:56 PM
Haha yes you're on there frequently. I'm thankful there's a revenge cap!

Looks like Jofer is going for it!

Lol,if anyone can do it,Jofer can!

Jofer16
04-22-2017, 06:13 PM
Lol,if anyone can do it,Jofer can!

No haha not going for it, Enti if you see this you can save your ironite, don't want to see you waste any. Mainly wanted to get Shaman on the podium but got on a roll and wanted to test out the list and matchmaking changes. And I can take the day off now :)

Man it's really goofy, way worse than before, seeing the same people over and over, I feel bad for continuing. And I've never seen a game that literally discourages play, as soon as you start attacking and hit whatever the threshold is the attack floodgates open. Was busier earlier this morning and after a win I dropped like 100 points almost during 1 fight. It's literally a pain to rise up now, it's doable, but just isn't that fun. I wonder if they thought it would make people attack more and spend ironite, it seems to have the opposite effect, you get punished for attacking. Really weird tweaks and like I said I've never seen an update that encourages people not to play the game lol.

Killhouse
04-22-2017, 06:20 PM
No haha not going for it, Enti if you see this you can save your ironite, don't want to see you waste any. Mainly wanted to get Shaman on the podium but got on a roll and wanted to test out the list and matchmaking changes. And I can take the day off now :)

Man it's really goofy, way worse than before, seeing the same people over and over, I feel bad for continuing. And I've never seen a game that literally discourages play, as soon as you start attacking and hit whatever the threshold is the attack floodgates open. Was busier earlier this morning and after a win I dropped like 100 points almost during 1 fight. It's literally a pain to rise up now, it's doable, but just isn't that fun. I wonder if they thought it would make people attack more and spend ironite, it seems to have the opposite effect, you get punished for attacking. Really weird tweaks and like I said I've need seen an update that encourages people not to play the game lol.

I'm hoping it's just this bad because of the imbalanced ratios from the first half of the week. I had triple the attacks vs defenses when the update came but then I've received close to 300 since the update all at -20 since I was #2.

On the flip side I have a friend that was the reverse and he's had a period of 20+ hours without an attack and is currently in a top position... and spent not even a fraction of sand I did. I can't go 10 minutes without an attack or two which is very discouraging. Blowing the stockpiles incase this is the end, and that just keeps.me barely stable.

Hopefully with a fresh week it balances and fixes the repeated names on the lists. Seems like they fix one aspect and roll back another.

Askora
04-22-2017, 06:28 PM
It's going to stay goofy, since some people will have the advantage of points at the reset. I've got a trooper who plays far less than I do who has a 300 point lead over me. I'm currently at 80% on offense (a lot of the losses due to prisoner breaking my team) and 14% on defense. Even if my offensive rate was higher (read as hopefully they get the prisoner fixed on the next update), it'd still be almost impossible for me to catch up to him, in spite of playing at least double what he does. So, if rank was an issue for me, I'd do better to not play. I'd rather have the iron coins to try and buy out the store.

Silentknight
04-22-2017, 06:31 PM

Man it's really goofy, way worse than before, seeing the same people over and over, I feel bad for continuing. And I've never seen a game that literally discourages play, as soon as you start attacking and hit whatever the threshold is the attack floodgates open. Was busier earlier this morning and after a win I dropped like 100 points almost during 1 fight. It's literally a pain to rise up now, it's doable, but just isn't that fun. I wonder if they thought it would make people attack more and spend ironite, it seems to have the opposite effect, you get punished for attacking. Really weird tweaks and like I said I've never seen an update that encourages people not to play the game lol.

Yep,exactly! Nothing like driving people away. Feels like we're back to square one! Nothing's changed! Fix 2 bugs,add 5 more! At least they're consistent!!! Kinda sick of updates determining who does well...thot that was up 2 players! Changing it up mid-week is bullshit too. They're gunna do whatever makes em the most money & a big FUCK YOU to the players!!!

Tritium
04-22-2017, 06:37 PM
*Great post and points as per usual, I mean c'mon, Nicko is like the forum's resident eloquent expert*

I agree with a lot of what you said in your post, Nicko. I wanted to clarify one thing: I wasn't calling out anyone who has actually put in the work to stay at the top in the past. I was calling out the smaller guys who got to the top only because of a bug, and then COMPLAINED when the bug was no longer working in their favor. That was all. Believe me, I actually think that you, Jofer, Killhouse, Gmac, etc. DESERVE to be almost nonexistent on attack lists. You guys have put in more work than anyone else here. I was simply annoyed at the level of entitlement that some of the less hard-working players were expressing when they started receiving equal attacks to the rest of us.

This week, I'm actually on the receiving end of the invisible bug (and I do see how nice it is), but believe me, when things go back to normal after the reset, I won't be complaining about no longer being invisible (in fact, it'll allow me to test defensive combos again :cool:).

I'm hoping it's just this bad because of the imbalanced ratios from the first half of the week. I had triple the attacks vs defenses when the update came but then I've received close to 300 since the update all at -20 since I was #2.

On the flip side I have a friend that was the reverse and he's had a period of 20+ hours without an attack and is currently in a top position... and spent not even a fraction of sand I did. I can't go 10 minutes without an attack or two which is very discouraging. Blowing the stockpiles incase this is the end, and that just keeps.me barely stable.

Hopefully with a fresh week it balances and fixes the repeated names on the lists. Seems like they fix one aspect and roll back another.

Jofer and Killhouse make great points here. Devs, if you're following this thread, PLEASE consider tweaking the points system in PVP. You literally have the top players here discussing how the current points system encourages them NOT to play or spend money on the game. If I were you, I would seriously listen to their concerns. If the top guys leave, who else will play the way they have? I also have a feeling that if some of them go, you're likely to lose a lot more players than just them.

Silentknight
04-22-2017, 06:45 PM
Sure would be nice if shell & immunity talismans worked ALL the time. Yw Gmac! I am fucking done!!!

Nicko
04-22-2017, 07:23 PM
I agree with a lot of what you said in your post, Nicko. I wanted to clarify one thing: I wasn't calling out anyone who has actually put in the work to stay at the top in the past. I was calling out the smaller guys who got to the top only because of a bug, and then COMPLAINED when the bug was no longer working in their favor. That was all. Believe me, I actually think that you, Jofer, Killhouse, Gmac, etc. DESERVE to be almost nonexistent on attack lists. You guys have put in more work than anyone else here. I was simply annoyed at the level of entitlement that some of the less hard-working players were expressing when they started receiving equal attacks to the rest of us.

This week, I'm actually on the receiving end of the invisible bug (and I do see how nice it is), but believe me, when things go back to normal after the reset, I won't be complaining about no longer being invisible (in fact, it'll allow me to test defensive combos again :cool:).

Jofer and Killhouse make great points here. Devs, if you're following this thread, PLEASE consider tweaking the points system in PVP. You literally have the top players here discussing how the current points system encourages them NOT to play or spend money on the game. If I were you, I would seriously listen to their concerns. If the top guys leave, who else will play the way they have? I also have a feeling that if some of them go, you're likely to lose a lot more players than just them.

I figured that may be the case Tritium - thanks for clarifying - but always a fan of clearing the air ;)

I appreciate the developers concern of wanting to emphasize the value of defense. But let's be honest - Hold rates CAN'T be that high with an AI - and making defensive holds a carrot as opposed to losses a stick would be a very welcome change.

It would be interesting if they would try it - a minimal (0-5 point) loss on broken defense (can keep the current point ding for losses if you're the attacker) - and they monitored Ironite spent. I don't think it would go down. Maybe up the rewards tiers if they're concerned about people reaching them too easily.

It certainly would be a more rewarding environment - and also largely take the pressure off of the developers to equalize matchmaking.

It's a universal refrain in my Discord group - glad others agree...

Thedarkness
04-22-2017, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE=Tritium;38199]I agree with a lot of what you said in your post, Nicko. I wanted to clarify one thing: I wasn't calling out anyone who has actually put in the work to stay at the top in the past. I was calling out the smaller guys who got to the top only because of a bug, and then COMPLAINED when the bug was no longer working in their favor. That was all. Believe me, I actually think that you, Jofer, Killhouse, Gmac, etc. DESERVE to be almost nonexistent on attack lists. You guys have put in more work than anyone else here. I was simply annoyed at the level of entitlement that some of the less hard-working players were expressing when they started receiving equal attacks to the rest of us.

So Tritium its ME youre attacking. You are completely misreading my comments man. I was saying out loud I was invisible cause I didnt think it was right. Ive been plenty annoyed by the bug since it surfaced. Im glad the update fixed it (thought the fix was a bit extreme as everybody else seems to feel is all).

Ive worked just as hard as you to stay afloat while getting murdered on defense and have gotten into the top 50 several times without the bug.

Anyway, its been a crazy week. After being invisible until the update the pimp hand of RNGezuz and Sparton came down on me HARD. About 200 attacks in a day and a half and had sunk to about 1800 points. Ill try to get back up to over 2100 by reset.

I still think the loss of points on defense is stupid, always will think that. Stop taking points for defense losses; thats the solution. That way nobody gets a free ride, not just the top guys, not some lucky few. That way the best players win and the rest of us dont feel cheated. The game is supposed to be fun, after all it is a game.

Sid-2370

Tritium
04-22-2017, 07:46 PM
So Tritium its ME youre attacking. You are completely misreading my comments man. I was saying out loud I was invisible cause I didnt think it was right. Ive been plenty annoyed by the bug since it surfaced. Im glad the update fixed it (thought the fix was a bit extreme as everybody else seems to feel is all).

I still think the loss of points on defense is stupid, always will think that. Stop taking points for defense losses; thats the solution. That way nobody gets a free ride, not just the top guys, not some lucky few. That way the best players win and the rest of us dont feel cheated. The game is supposed to be fun, after all it is a game.

Haha no, man, you didn't come to mind when I typed that up. Shit, I almost feel like I have to call out the people I had in mind to avoid confusion lol (still won't though, I don't want to put others on the spot).

It seems like a majority of the forum players all agree now that defensive point losses shouldn't be a thing, or should at least be reduced from the current egregious 20-12 possible points lost.

Sparton or Kaz, if either of you are following this thread, can you please let us know that you're seeing our concerns here? We'd love to know where your heads are at concerning the current points system ─ and if you are contemplating any changes to said system for a future update.

Enti
04-22-2017, 08:14 PM

Well, thank you Jofer, and I truly mean it. Though I would not give myself in without a tough fight :D

I could only play for 30 minutes between Friday 19.30 CEDT and Saturday 19.00 (though I nailed 20 wins) - when I logged back in, saw I was attacked 120+ times, my points dropped by 1.5k and you are accumulating VP rapidly. So without thinking and hesitation I jumped in arena as fast as I could.

Since 19th April "balancing" of matchmaking, my PvP is a mess. I struggle to keep my points, least to advance... Will make a post about my observations after reset, just like when I achieved 5th place at week 4. Arena is absolutely ridiculous now. Btw I'm currently at 486 defense and there's still 4 hours to go

Enti
04-22-2017, 08:30 PM

Hah, I feel you Killhouse. An hour or two ago I went to pour a cup of coffee for myself (how much time that is? 30-40 seconds?), checked ranking and I got 3 attacks.