PDA

View Full Version : The Irony of Souls, Continued

druid138
04-17-2017, 06:05 PM
Since before the game even launched, the character I have wanted so much more than any other is CR Eddie.

For 8 1/2 months, I redeemed Rare Soul after Rare Soul. I purchased endless Magus Souls, acquiring just about every blue character. But CR Eddie remained elusive.

It wasn't until my Sparton 300 rewards that he finally appeared.

Fast forward to last night. I redeemed 5 Regular Souls to fulfill the daily challenge. I sent all five resulting 2* characters directly to the altar.

My reward?

One Rare Soul, which I decided to redeem.

At this point, you know where this is going.

Yes, my second CR Eddie.

Are you kidding me?!

I know this phenomenon is well-documented here. I'd love to know if it's systemic or within what a true RNG would generate.

druid138-6195

Browno
04-17-2017, 06:40 PM
i started in june/august and also wanted cr, over 1000 souls redeemed and still no cr. Fotd i have gotten 4 times tho.

slauki
04-17-2017, 07:44 PM
i'm pretty sure that every accounts is prone to some rare characters. i got 7-8 aof, 6-7 green abbs and countless green pyros (and blue rescuers).
others will get other rare characters very often. there might be something that makes it harder for us to get all characters, because so we always have a goal
to chase. once you drop a new character you will get him with much more likely than before. could give you enough examples...

might sound like conspiracy but i'm in touch with some buddies who also play this game and similar observations for most of us.

this is never "true" RNG, i'm confident enough in counting pobabilities to say that with 96,5% certainity :P

druid138
04-17-2017, 08:09 PM
i'm pretty sure that every accounts is prone to some rare characters. i got 7-8 aof, 6-7 green abbs and countless green pyros (and blue rescuers).
others will get other rare characters very often. there might be something that makes it harder for us to get all characters, because so we always have a goal
to chase. once you drop a new character you will get him with much more likely than before. could give you enough examples...

might sound like conspiracy but i'm in touch with some buddies who also play this game and similar observations for most of us.

this is never "true" RNG, i'm confident enough in counting pobabilities to say that with 96,5% certainity :P

Yes, that makes sense to me. Not a conspiracy, but just the way the probabilities and RNG seeds are set.

Now this might sound a little weird, but I also think there may be a lack of independence with reward drops. I've noticed this in regular quests and LoL Dungeons. It's like the RNG seed gets set early on when playing the same level repeatedly - like when first entering the land or quest or something.

For instance, when playing the same level on UW Madness repeatedly, I often find myself in reward "pockets," with similar rewards dropping across an entire SoT refill - sometimes it's color evo runes, sometimes it's colorless evo runes, sometimes it's regular runes. Same thing regarding shards.

It could be the result of tuning changes made from time to time. That's definitely part of it, explaining differences across days. But, sometimes when I feel like I'm in a pocket I don't like, I exit the game and immediately come back in, usually with good results.

I know how probability works, and I know how the Confirmation Bias works. I could just be falling prey to these. And I haven't done any real stats testing on it. But, my gut tells me there are some correlations at work, for whatever reason.

druid138-6195

R1ck
04-17-2017, 08:11 PM
If it would be RNG, the code for getting characters should be inside the own game, so why to be on line to summon a soul. It's some kind of manipulation by NF and their server check your account and it determines the character you get.

Enti
04-19-2017, 03:46 PM
I feel the same way, I've summoned countless souls myself as well (playing since July 6th), and the few I'm still chasing are:

Eddies: Viking, CR, Cyborg, Rainmaker, VH
Allies: G/W CotD, Corrupt General, A Troll

Seemingly I'll never get those :D
But I'm mostly sure if I pull one of those, I'll stumble upon them every week thereafter