PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Ideas (for the dev team)

OpticSugar
08-03-2016, 04:50 PM
I would like to propose a new sub-forum topic (under Legacy of the Beast Discussion) possibly called "Suggested Ideas (for the dev team)". Basically, a place where we can post some suggestions or ideas that could be considered by the dev team for implementation.

For instance:
I think that we should hear some audio cues when our Eddie character is getting low on health, such as:

all the SFX and music starts to sound distant, muffled and echoey (much like the effect you hear when you drag a soul shard over the book of souls)
when your Eddie's health gets really low (into the red) you start to hear a heartbeat grow louder and louder (much like the beginning of the song "Powerslave")
also, there could be more of a visual cue by vignetting the screen with darkness or red or even spattering some blood on the screen (ala COD or any FPS)

This would be particularly useful is when you are grinding on auto-attack while doing other things, you can hear (or clearly see at a glance) when Eddie is getting near death, and you can intervene and switch to a healthier Eddie, or heal him up. It would also make things more intense and dramatic in general.

Let me know what you guys think about this, and the idea for the new suggested sub-forum.

Jennie-5128
08-03-2016, 04:57 PM
Both good ideas as far as I am concerned

Jennie-5128
08-03-2016, 05:00 PM
(I'd also have a sub rather than a thread for "please add me!!!!" posts and an active mod who'd move all the "please add me!!!!!!" threads to it so they're not swamping everything else, but perhaps that's just me being a grumpy old bag)

OpticSugar
08-03-2016, 05:03 PM
(I'd also have a sub rather than a thread for "please add me!!!!" posts and an active mod who'd move all the "please add me!!!!!!" threads to it so they're not swamping everything else, but perhaps that's just me being a grumpy old bag)

absolutely... that way there can be individual threads for different star levels, or request threads (who has an Axis General to share?)

Jennie-5128
08-03-2016, 05:17 PM
I suspect that depends on the person starting the thread

OpticSugar
08-05-2016, 05:03 PM
Another idea: I think we should get per-character XP bonuses for each kill they get in battle. Even if the overall XP gained is nerfed to compensate, this way we can focus the xp gains on specific characters.

Vaseodin
08-05-2016, 05:18 PM
I agree if it's your user level xp. character xp wouldn't work as well as a motivator, since I'm sure most people will be going in with maxed out characters.

Kulimar
08-05-2016, 05:32 PM
One way you can do that now is to have less characters in your party. So have a good solo-farmer like Soldier Eddie and then the character you want all the XP to go into. The Xp is divided by the number of units in the party, so you can gain more for that unit with less characters in the party.

Hope that helps.

OpticSugar
08-05-2016, 07:01 PM
I agree if it's your user level xp. character xp wouldn't work as well as a motivator, since I'm sure most people will be going in with maxed out characters.

I don't agree. I am thinking that this might be a way to encourage people to use a wider variety of characters - trying to level them up by going in for the kill. I know that I bring any eddies with me that aren't maxxed to help level them up, but if I got even more xp by going in for the final blow, well that makes the game a little more interesting.

Also, how would an overall xp bonus work per kill... I mean, you're going to kill all the baddies anyway if you're going to be victorious, so it won't really be a different outcome each match. At least getting a character xp bonus allows you to focus on what characters you want to level up faster.

OpticSugar
08-05-2016, 07:02 PM
The Xp is divided by the number of units in the party...

I've always wondered, does that include the units that are maxed (and cannot receive any additional XP?)

OpticSugar
08-05-2016, 08:34 PM
>>> new idea <<<

When you have an Eddie selected... you can swipe left/right to go to future/past states... how about being able to swipe up/down to swipe between different Eddies? Then you wouldn't need that honkin' button on the bottom-left corner.