PDA

View Full Version : Shaman Eddie (Warrior Type)

Sparton_LOTB
04-19-2017, 07:36 PM

FURY

Dead of Nightmares
Deals physical and magical damage to all enemies.
Ignite, Smite, or apply 3 Marks to all enemies.
LV 2/3 DMG+ 25/25%

BASIC SKILLS

Rending Split
Deals 3 hits of physical damage to a single target.
30% Chance to Remove Beneficial Effects from the target.
LV 2/4/6 DMG+ 20/25/25%
LV 3/5 Effect Chance +20/20%

Conjured Flame
Deals 2 hits of magic damage to all enemies.
Inflicts 1 Magic Burn.
50% Chance to inflict an additional Magic Burn.
LV 2/4 DMG+ 20/25%
LV 3 Effect Chance +25%

Perils of Death
Deals physical and magical damage to a single target.
Raises Attack and Magic of allies if this attack kills an enemy.
LV 2/3/4/5 DMG+ 15/20/25/25%

POWER SKILLS

Hedged Bet
Deals physical damage to all enemies.
Applies up to 3 Marks on targets.
Marks can be consumed with Perfect Hits to deal Additional True Damage.
LV 2/3 DMG+ 25/25%

Laughing Sorrow
Deals magic damage to all enemies.
35% Chance to Curse for 2 turns.
Cursed enemies take increased damage from all damage types.
LV 2/4 DMG+ 25/25%
LV 3 Effect Chance +25%

Fruit of the Gods
Grants Lifesteal and Spell Vamp to all allies.
Instantly gain an Extra Turn.

TALISMAN SLOTS

3 Open / 1 Magus / 1 Sentinel / 1 Warrior

Bradata
04-19-2017, 07:55 PM
Got 2 Shaman Eddies and the rest 3* souls. Damn it!

gmac
04-19-2017, 08:24 PM
Hi Sparton

How does Rending Split works, in regards of removing beneficial effects from enemieS, but being a single target ability?

Cheers
Gmac

Mizrael
04-19-2017, 08:43 PM
Hi Sparton

How does Rending Split works, in regards of removing beneficial effects from enemieS, but being a single target ability?

Cheers
Gmac

I was asking myself the same question...

Took me: 1 Legendary, 6 rare, 4 warrior and 26 sacSouls to get him.

not sure what to think of that dual damage type. that's usually not a good idea....

BenjaminBreeg
04-19-2017, 08:48 PM
Skill shards seem to be pretty strong here...
Is he more a damage dealer or a tank?
(relative to other warriors of course)

Sparton_LOTB
04-19-2017, 08:57 PM
Hi Sparton

Cheers
Gmac

Whoops, he only has the chance of removing from the enemy you're targeting. I'll correct that here now, and the description in-game in the next update.

Browno
04-19-2017, 09:12 PM
Not having him at lvl 100 and equipped with 2 strength and 2 holy he did 1200 each hit with his fury on lvl 8 lol magus.
His basic did 3 hits of 1600 so i would say he is pretty nasty :₩

Tritium
04-19-2017, 09:15 PM
I'm curious about the talisman slots for this character. How come he has 1 blue and 1 red slot rather than 2 purple slots? That would allow him to benefit from assassin sets which go far in boosting the damage of characters who use phys/mag damage interchangeably.

Skynyrdoo7
04-19-2017, 09:16 PM
Just got him from 10 sacrifice souls.

Mizrael
04-19-2017, 09:42 PM
I'm curious about the talisman slots for this character. How come he has 1 blue and 1 red slot rather than 2 purple slots? That would allow him to benefit from assassin sets which go far in boosting the damage of characters who use phys/mag damage interchangeably.

yeah, the tricolor slots are pretty lame.

i did some quick testing with all possible combinations of talismans and i have a feeling that you will be forced to chose one "school" rather than 2R 2G 2B.1+1+1 and Assasin set is useless. (EDIT: tested in GOD for damage and in PONR for beneficial effects removal)

unsharded Rending split hardly ever triggers the removal (yes,only removes from the target if it ever triggers) and it dealt around 3x700 damage even with 2800atk from 2 strength sets. shards up the damage by 70%, so it might actually do some damage then.

it's better to go with magic until fully sharded i guess...

also his special does about 2K each dmg and doesn't significantly increase with red talismans where magic damage did increase with holy sets quite a bit.

not sure what to think about him yet....

Tridimensionale
04-19-2017, 10:07 PM
FURY

Dead of Nightmares
LV 2/3 DMG+ 25/25%

Fury is already bugged ? Only deals damage.. no sign of ignite,smite or the marks effect

LOL

Bradata
04-19-2017, 10:21 PM

Slots are really lame, tried him at lvl 100 no shards and didn't like him very much.

Tridimensionale
04-19-2017, 10:51 PM
FURY

Dead of Nightmares
LV 2/3 DMG+ 25/25%

Fury is already bugged ? Only deals damage.. no sign of ignite,smite or the marks effect

LOL

Made some test.. if shaman has immunity, his fury only deals damage to enemy and 0 effects.. enemys doesn t have immunity of course.. love this game but this bugs are drivin me mad. Really

ill
04-20-2017, 01:06 AM
I have a few stale troopers so if you want to try Shaman Eddie out then send a request.

ill-5347

elitejt8
04-20-2017, 01:59 AM
Hi Spartan I have a question, what is the percent of getting a shaman or five star Eddie from a sacrificial and rare soul because I have been spending a lot of money for a while and can't seem to get a five star eddie

fred10141988
04-20-2017, 02:21 PM
Hi Spartan I have a question, what is the percent of getting a shaman or five star Eddie from a sacrificial and rare soul because I have been spending a lot of money for a while and can't seem to get a five star eddie

I remember someone already tested that.

The chance for we to get 5 star characters, maybe just 1-2%......

SrG
04-20-2017, 07:05 PM
I got him in a 10-soul pack.

It really does seem like with the Talisman slots, you have to go one way or another unless I'm missing something.

I have him as my Trooper if anyone wants to try him out. I have some inactive Troopers to swap out.
SirRadG-4159

Shifter
04-20-2017, 08:37 PM
Grrrh, 37 sacrifice souls 8 rare souls and legendary and only a couple 4* dupe dogs.

satani
04-21-2017, 07:36 AM
Well, my friend dropped himself a shaman on two accounts. Tested him and yet he noticed: Even though his fury was max skilled, it did not make much damage.
Did anyone else notice?

mikmar
04-21-2017, 09:14 AM
I think the shaman Eddie is not so good, he's a magus/warrior or a warrior/magus ?
Maybe the best thing is to boost his magus skills.
It seems that warrior Eddies are the less useful Eddies.
I never use a warrior Eddie, and I have all of them, including Santa Eddie.

Nekroliun
04-21-2017, 01:17 PM
I think the shaman Eddie is not so good, he's a magus/warrior or a warrior/magus ?
It seems that warrior Eddies are the less useful Eddies.
I never use a warrior Eddie, and I have all of them, including Santa Eddie.

Idk about all warrior eddies being meh, samurai is pretty dope imo, he used to be one of the most damaging chars back in the day, people used to do crazy damage with him (up to 100k) but idk about him now, but i sure would like him.

Still i agree, warrior eddies are pretty underpowered compared to the others

MadMax
04-23-2017, 03:31 AM
My first reaction is that this is an interesting attempt to create a hybrid Eddie for PVP that has synergy with multiple classes. Fruit of the Gods has the potential to replace a healer with more DPS, and is low cost, and is a free turn.

He has some interesting abilities and really good synergy with AOE damage dealers. With Shaman Eddie, Nomad (B team, talismans not maxed and no shards), Hell Hound (also B team, no shards) and a corrupt rescuer, all max level, only the rescuer fully sharded and I'm ROFLstomping level 10 in Gunner Lord of Light.

He doesn't seem to hit very hard but that will change a lot with more shards, and some other interesting skills make him good in a buff/support role even at low shards.

If anyone is interested in playing with him, I've got some newly open trooper slots Shaman Eddie at 100 with 3 shards (fury ability maxed). Screwing around with talismans so no guarantees exactly what he'll have until I settle on something. At the moment I'm using burning talismans to double up on his burns and I might try adding shock talismans too and team him with someone who consumes burns.

Anyway, those are my first impressions and he's going to be my priority for shards for long enough to see if he lives up to what I think is pretty good potential as a really versatile Eddie for arena.

As of now, skills are buggy. Perils of Death is not always raising ally attack/magic on a kill, and Dead of Nighmares doesn't seem to be applying debuffs.

Tridimensionale
04-23-2017, 12:21 PM
Anyway, those are my first impressions and he's going to be my priority for shards for long enough to see if he lives up to what I think is pretty good potential as a really versatile Eddie for arena.

As of now, skills are buggy. Perils of Death is not always raising ally attack/magic on a kill, and Dead of Nighmares doesn't seem to be applying debuffs.

I tested him a lot and it s true he has some interesting abilities BUT if your goal is arena i don t think he worths the shards... he simply doesn t excel in anything. samurai and run to the hill are a way better investment i think..
when you manage to fully shard him let me know whats your impression :)

Vallz-7904
04-26-2017, 10:42 PM
Have him fully maxed out.. use him on my attack team in arena... he does his work good.. bring along some heavy hitters too hit on the marks he gives the enemy..

MetalKing
05-18-2017, 04:10 AM
The shaman Eddie is a better character than expected; I used a trooper's Eddie against the lord of light 7, and had all my toons dead by the second round. I was able to finish and defeat the boss by alternating fruit of the gods, the basic skill that damages all enemies and adds burn, and fury when it was available. It helped me outlast the enemy reviving and healing constantly.

satani
05-24-2017, 09:52 AM

got to admit this:
i got lucky that for my shaman, both his aoe magic moves got max-skilled and they do pretty good damage. His present single physical attack yet only still does very little damage. (even with 3 skill shards on it.)
Maybe it has something to do with the fact, that i run him as magus. And as most his other moves (incl. fury) deal mixed damage, a good magic damage is enough for me. I tackle him with his fury mark-option or the direct mark move and then let the others sweep the enemy team.
for me, he's a good magic damage warrior.

Unwon
06-15-2017, 01:35 AM
Shaman was my first 5 star character, got 3 of them in a row.. I have maxed it out and i can say that it has amazing support moves! The fury of his applies 0-10 marks, so can be used to beat the bosses in all levels. He can even do last stands with his fruit of the gods.

Right now im running Allied bomber boy, shaman, Pharoaoh dog king and angel of fear. I first apply curse with dog and remove beneficial effects with shaman, then allied bomber boy 1 shots the monster i target to get team an extra turn. And since 70% of players run Grim Reaper Eddie its easy to win unless the grim reaper resets his move too many times.

Birkelstein-4509
06-15-2017, 02:16 AM
Try using an assassin set with him. I had him maxed out on my second account and he did some decent damage. Definitely a support Eddie though. Needs the right team. Doesn't play well with true damage troopers. His heal only works with attack or magic damage

Fudjo
06-24-2017, 03:49 PM
July 2017 Tuning:

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?6365

Stat scaling:
Increased ATK scaling.
Increased MAGIC scaling.

Unwon
06-25-2017, 09:55 AM

"Deals physical and magical damage to all enemies"
"Ignite, smite or apply 3 marks to all enemies"

This just dont make sense...

Mercifal
07-09-2017, 10:49 PM
I don't understand whole confusion / dislike towards Shaman. Od course he is very specific type of Eddie, but he isn't bad. He is very all around really. Slightly tanky with 20k hp (including talismans ofc), some decent damage mostly coming from his past AoE attack and burns, and also cheap healing skill makes him really high tier Eddie in my eyes. I'm not going to mention all of those marks you can apply on his fury. He just needs specific team really. I found him being usefull with bomber boys (for those sweet burn stacks) and thief talisman gunners to keep those marks running like it's 90's (hope someone get that joke).

As for my build I use 2 burning Talismans (fierce and safeguard), 2 holy (Power and arcane) and 2 health overwhelming especially to boost Conjured Flame and its stacks. Of course there might be better build than mine, but I wanted to make use of his blue, green and red slot to get some sets' benefits.

Zapathusara
07-10-2017, 12:33 PM
As for my build I use 2 burning Talismans (fierce and safeguard), 2 holy (Power and arcane) and 2 health overwhelming especially to boost Conjured Flame and its stacks. Of course there might be better build than mine, but I wanted to make use of his blue, green and red slot to get some sets' benefits.

For talis, try Burn in red, and if you have, Life on blue.
As always, shell in green. Than you have a tanky :D

EDIT: you can also giving up one red to afford the new guard talisman.

Mindkaiser
12-23-2017, 02:21 PM
Up the irons, metal brothers!

This is my first post in the forum and, the reason I decided to participate in the conversation, was to share my build of Shaman Eddie. He's been my main Eddie for some time now, mainly because he's a versatile character that can perform various tasks in battle.

The secret to Shaman Eddie ofc is the right talisman build up. I use
2x Hunter Talismans (1x Fierce, 1x Safeguard),
2x Predator Talismans (1x Power, 1x Arcane) and finally
2x Shell Talismans (1xOverwhelming, 1xWard).

What you get using this setup (on a fully sharded Eddie ofc) is an all around character that can really hit hard with both physical and magic attacks and at the same time soften up your opponents for your other hitters to obliterate (plus he has a decent DEF, MR score). The reason is that, since his main attacks (rendering split and conjured flame) hit more than once, the second or third hit have a good chance to occur while Ignite or Smite is placed on the opponent.

Another thing you gotta love with this guy, is the number of free rounds he gets these days, after the December game update. You can really dismantle all shield the opponents have up using Rendering Split (Soldier Corrupt Rescuer anyone?) and apply your burns with Conjured Flame afterwards. If you can spare the 4 power, using Fruit of the Gods as an extra turn move is always a good choice.

I team him up with my Beelzebub for obvious reasons and the effects are devastating! My secondary PVP team used to consist of these two, plus a Warrior Corrupt Rescuer and Golden Pharaoh Dog, but I lately substituted the WCR with WCofD because I wanted more options during the course of battle than simply insane physical damage amounts.

Up the Irons again! \\m//-_-\\m//

iPoop
12-23-2017, 09:57 PM
a lot of great advise

Up the Irons again! \\m//-_-\\m//

Great first post MindKaiser! I don't have any predator talisman, but when I do, I'll be sure to try out your build.

Cheers

AcesHigh189
03-02-2019, 12:07 AM
Any new talismans that could work on him with his new talisman slots? I was thinking of Mark talismans or Fate on him.

GrimDusk
07-13-2019, 04:35 PM
I think with his new update (each basic ability reviving a teammate), he can be used to wear down enemy teams if his teammates are able to avoid permadeath.