PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Better than Soldier Eddie?

dEaF TO LiGhT
08-03-2016, 07:13 PM
I've finally beat Underwold on normal. I also finally got Soldier Eddie to 4* (the only one I've been able to get to 4* in the whole game yet... I still only have 2/3 blue shards so I can't upgrade any magus character).

Anyway, I'm trying to farm shards and what not, and I have a Speed of Light Eddie, a Wicker Man Eddie, the original Eddie, and a Mummy Eddie. All of them are at 3* level 60, but none of them seem to hold a candle to Soldier Eddie, even when I had him at 3* 60.

I'd like to think there is a use for them, but am I not seeing it? It seems like with Soldier Eddie with 2 yellow and 2 red talismans has enough HP and a killer AOE attack (as well as a heal ability), and is the only reason I've been able to get as far as I can.

Trystangst
08-03-2016, 07:16 PM
Check out the character section. It really depends on your Allies. Soldier Eddie is great, but all (most?) the Eddies can be lethal in the right team.

Gonzo
08-04-2016, 01:58 AM
Starter Eddie is really good too. Same with Wickerman Eddie. Haven't tried Mummy Eddie, but his stats are somewhat subpar.

The thing with Soldier Eddie is that he, by far, the most versatile character in the game. Amazing buffs, amazing heal and amazing damage all in one. For balance purposes I think he needs his healt to be reduced a little.

We'll see what Dark City brings to the table.

12lisa
08-09-2016, 05:30 PM
Tailgunner works really well, too. Everytime you kill something with his Fury attack, the whole team gets another round and it´s not really that hard to kill with it. And he has the same AOE as Soldier Eddie. I´m playing Tailgunner Eddie now much more often than Soldier Eddie, even though I virtually dumped all my Skillshards into Soldier Eddie, because I did not have Tailgunner earlier.

Flann
08-09-2016, 11:01 PM
Tailgunner works really well, too. Everytime you kill something with his Fury attack, the whole team gets another round and it´s not really that hard to kill with it. And he has the same AOE as Soldier Eddie. I´m playing Tailgunner Eddie now much more often than Soldier Eddie, even though I virtually dumped all my Skillshards into Soldier Eddie, because I did not have Tailgunner earlier.

Same here. I dumped a lot of skill shards into soldier Eddie before I got Tailgunner. At least I still have yet to get enough 3*shards for gunner.

Gonzo
08-09-2016, 11:14 PM
Soldier Eddie is a jack of all trades, there's no better Eddie at that.

That being said, A lot of Eddies hit harder, or maybe are better at specific roles.

But SE het's the best buffer, that's for sure. In this meta, he's the best all-around Eddie.

Vaseodin
08-10-2016, 01:20 AM
I think Carriage Rider Eddie is the best "jack of all trades" Eddie out there. He truly shines at 5 stars and you will find a use for him no matter what team you have currently.

Orc71
08-11-2016, 05:38 PM
I think Carriage Rider Eddie is the best "jack of all trades" Eddie out there. He truly shines at 5 stars and you will find a use for him no matter what team you have currently.

I tend to agree with this now if I only had one of my own! I like Soldier Eddie a lot because of the heals but my Tailgunner Eddie hits hard and with the extra turns he is hard to resist playing.

Bob.A.Smith-6226
08-11-2016, 06:12 PM
Eddie Leather Jacket Chain Knuckle punching extra turn gaining one shot one kill Eddie. With Power at 12 I can use 4 chain knuckle attacks in one turn (if the computer is kind enough).

Trystangst
08-11-2016, 06:24 PM

It really depends on your Allies and the role you want Eddie to fill.

Soldier Eddie can literally do it all - Heal, Magic Damage, Physical Damage, True Damage, Buff ATK/DEF/MR/MAG, make you immortal, generate Fury, generate Power, lower enemy Accuracy, grant himself extra turns.
He's a Gunner, so he's got the Advantage on Assassins and is neutral vs everyone else. WHEN he does True damage, it's going to leave a mark.
The tradeoff is that you have to buff 2 or 3 stats, and there's a lot of randomness to his output. Bullet Trace and War Torn do random damage, his heal may or may not buff/generate fury/generate power. His Roar may give you 1 or 2 or 6 Power.

Carriage Rider Eddie is a Magus thru and thru. You only need to worry about Magic stat. His heal is a lot more potent because it scales with MAG instead of being a fixed 20%. He can do a lot with buffs already in play. He has lots of heal options and can deal some sick Magic Damage.

He's a Magus, so he's at a disadvantage vs Sentinels. His damage is all Magic, so it's at the mercy of the enemy's MR. He, too, can prevent death - but it's temporary since it will kill you when it wears off. He can't generate (extra) Fury or Power.

Bob.A.Smith-6226
08-11-2016, 07:00 PM
This Guy is the key to all the others, he is the seventh son of the seventh son,
he is the Kwisatz Haderach, he has the power to be many persons in one character.

When he hunts you he lowers your defenses, he ignites you.
When he marks you as prey he lowers your resistance to Magic, He smites you for 2 turns increasing all magic damage taken.

His Chain Knuckle attack is a killing stunner, when battle condition are in his favor he can in one turn move right down the line
putting all the enemy combatants into lala land. One time in the Garden of Aset he landed four Chain Knuckle attacks on Aset followed by his Wraithchild attack. Extra turns rocks.

He heals his mates, and can easily trance out increasing power and fury gained for 2 turns.

Why I've yet to see a 5 star one is beyond me.

kryton
08-11-2016, 07:14 PM
I have a 5* star Eddie as one of my troopers and HE IS A BEAST.I will be leveling him out to 5 next for sure.Well if I can ever level any of my characters out to 5 lol.

Gonzo
08-11-2016, 07:42 PM
It really depends on your Allies and the role you want Eddie to fill.

Soldier Eddie can literally do it all - Heal, Magic Damage, Physical Damage, True Damage, Buff ATK/DEF/MR/MAG, make you immortal, generate Fury, generate Power, lower enemy Accuracy, grant himself extra turns.
He's a Gunner, so he's got the Advantage on Assassins and is neutral vs everyone else. WHEN he does True damage, it's going to leave a mark.
The tradeoff is that you have to buff 2 or 3 stats, and there's a lot of randomness to his output. Bullet Trace and War Torn do random damage, his heal may or may not buff/generate fury/generate power. His Roar may give you 1 or 2 or 6 Power.

Carriage Rider Eddie is a Magus thru and thru. You only need to worry about Magic stat. His heal is a lot more potent because it scales with MAG instead of being a fixed 20%. He can do a lot with buffs already in play. He has lots of heal options and can deal some sick Magic Damage.

He's a Magus, so he's at a disadvantage vs Sentinels. His damage is all Magic, so it's at the mercy of the enemy's MR. He, too, can prevent death - but it's temporary since it will kill you when it wears off. He can't generate (extra) Fury or Power.

Exactly my thoughts, I did not want to get into deep but this is on point. Starting with the fact that Soldier Eddies is a Gunner changes everything. I love Magus type but Carriage Eddie will never compete for jack of all trades while SE exists. He could be better AT something but he won't do ALL at the same level.

That's why, Jack of all trades, master of none.

Although SE could be the master at power/fury gain.