PDA

View Full Version : April 19th 2017 Update Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sparton_LOTB
04-19-2017, 07:39 PM
This is the main post to discuss general changes from the recent update.

You can see the details of the update that has just gone live in the Game Updates forum post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5410).

gmac
04-19-2017, 07:47 PM
This is the main post to discuss general changes from the recent update.

You can see the details of the update that has just gone live in the Game Updates forum post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5410).

Hi Sparton, what will the new talismans do? Available Saturday onward, correct?

Great you fixed Cyborg and improved AI in other Eddies :)

Sparton_LOTB
04-19-2017, 07:57 PM
Hi Sparton, what will the new talismans do? Available Saturday onward, correct?

We'll post the details for those when they become available.

Bradata
04-19-2017, 08:02 PM
Already noticed a bug the assassin artillery dog's immunity doesn't work at the beginning of the battle and no, there was no toon on the other team that could've disable it.

MetalWarrior
04-19-2017, 08:03 PM
Probably too early to report!
but game is not accessible after update, pc emulator ,also samsung tablet
i have yet to check in ipad.

but emulator is main concern here.. hope that update didn't break the compatibility again :(

that's following error :

blackbolt
04-19-2017, 08:11 PM
Already noticed a bug the assassin artillery dog's immunity doesn't work at the beginning of the battle and no, there was no toon on the other team that could've disable it.

Hi Sparton, I signal the same issue with hellhound immunity passive, no disabler present. It seems to happen only when my party goes second and not when I win the toss, hope it helps...

BTW, thx for the unexpected update, appreciate the work...Up the irons!

Killhouse
04-19-2017, 08:17 PM
Seems like Angel of Fears passive won't trigger if The Prisoner is alive. Even though the debuff is not active and immunity is (or the AoF was just clensed) the passive won't trigger until the Gimp dies.

Valgard
04-19-2017, 08:18 PM
Hi Sparton. After the update, my game crashes in the loading screen. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab3 (SM-T310) running on Android 4.4.2.

BenjaminBreeg
04-19-2017, 08:26 PM
I can't use future and past skills...
Really deadly
Furthermore the angels seem to have a turbo in and flap their wings 4x per second...
And the screen freezes as soon as I end a pvp battle

blade685
04-19-2017, 08:31 PM
update, pvp --> only top player vs me, refresh same level i'm just at 2000 lol = i don't play pvp to lose all battle :)
Arena is cool but match making totally crazy

Rygone
04-19-2017, 08:31 PM
Probably too early to report!
but game is not accessible after update, pc emulator ,also samsung tablet
i have yet to check in ipad.

but emulator is main concern here.. hope that update didn't break the compatibility again :(

that's follow error :

Same here using Memu but it works with bluestack.

slauki
04-19-2017, 08:35 PM
droid4x doesn't work here same as metal warrioir galo6 error...

Bradata
04-19-2017, 08:44 PM
The bats flapping was driving me mad before, now I get dizzy playing because of their crazy flying :mad:
Something should be done about them!

Leviathan
04-19-2017, 08:52 PM
Thanks for reporting this Valgard! Can you please email [email protected] for assistance?

Leviathan
04-19-2017, 08:57 PM
Hi BenjaminBreeg,

Thanks for reporting this. Can you send our team a message using the Support button in the Settings menu? Our team will look into this further.

Shar-gul
04-19-2017, 09:08 PM
Hi guys, after update the game just closes after opening ��

gmac
04-19-2017, 09:10 PM
The bats flapping was driving me mad before, now I get dizzy playing because of their crazy flying :mad:
Something should be done about them!

+1

They are totally neurotic, It actually hurt my eyes while playing the game on my phone. Don't think I can put long hours now.

Guys with MEmu, works on lollipop version. I'm guessing the game is not running on android previous versions.

Cheers

90mphyorker
04-19-2017, 09:11 PM
Arena doesn't load for me, but counts it as a defeat and when I try to play PVE it just closes the app when I click battle. Lose the Trooper too. Hopefully will be resolved soon.

Tritium
04-19-2017, 09:20 PM
I currently can't get into the game on my phone (endless loading screen), but the update looks great overall. Some characters now have amazing skills for PVP use, and many others received much-needed buffs. I'll play around with my Cyborg later on when I get home and see how he performs with the new changes, especially the changes to his AI.

All in all, thank you dev team for listening to us again and buffing more characters (rather than nerfing) and for improving the AI of many Eddies! This should change the PVP meta quite a bit.

Nine
04-19-2017, 09:33 PM
I opened 5 common Souls, everything is good. I open another 5 common souls, the game crashes to homescreen immediately after seeing red eyes. This happens again and again. Now I try opening the souls one by one: First one works, second one shows two stars without a toon, third one does the same, fourth one shows three stars without a toon and keeps me showing the empty plateau. Restarting the game gives me the 5 souls back and I have the choice which way I go again...

I also have the infinite loading Arena issue.

Fister
04-19-2017, 09:35 PM

I can confirm this. ☺ Another thing I've noticed is that the red bat flap its wings way too fast. Quite annoying when farming GoD.

Monte47
04-19-2017, 09:38 PM
I can't use future and past skills...
Really deadly
Furthermore the angels seem to have a turbo in and flap their wings 4x per second...
And the screen freezes as soon as I end a pvp battle

My Angels seem jacked on meth as well. They are flapping their wings off

hold
04-19-2017, 09:40 PM
More bugs, bugs, bugs ... FFS

Immunity granted by Artillery Dog or Hellhound seems to disappear randomly from certain toons ... couldn't find a pattern so far. But none of the other toon of the enemy team should have the ability to take them away.

Viking Loot is still not fixed. I also tried to heal my team with the Viking and he didn't heal himself ... I saw the green number above him but he wasn't healed ... no heal block active and I lost the fight because of this.

Just the same mess as it was before. Can't even say if there were bugs fixed I just bumped into some more game breaking bugs for PvP ... totally unpredictable now and it is getting worse ... can't even rely on the immunity dogs anymore.

Yeah one more Eddie and some new paint for the arena ... great ... but it's the bugs that are killing the fun ,,, I wonder when and if the devs concentrate on ironing this mess out.

slauki
04-19-2017, 09:58 PM
aof doesn't trigger extraturns when playing against the prisoner in round 2 after you kill the 2nd enemy it triggered. saw this 3 times till now.no prisoner debuff was shown.
after i i killed the last enemy extraturn popped up again once...

bluestacks works as emulator, thanks for the hint

Lulero
04-19-2017, 10:00 PM
I play since about 3 months, cleared the campaign and running LoL Xs on auto most days. The only natural 5* I ever pulled is Cyborg Eddie, which balances the fact he's only one I guess.

He was only really good for LoL Xs before that update, but now after switching a few talismans (red out, purple in)... I hope he doesn't get nerfed but seriously WOW. Granted I never had a nomad or general to boost him and the boost probably doesn't feel that big with those, but without it's super duper awesome. I should say I recently maxed him with skill shards so it's even more welcome.

Nine
04-19-2017, 10:31 PM
I opened 5 common Souls, everything is good. I open another 5 common souls, the game crashes to homescreen immediately after seeing red eyes. This happens again and again. Now I try opening the souls one by one: First one works, second one shows two stars without a toon, third one does the same, fourth one shows three stars without a toon and keeps me showing the empty plateau. Restarting the game gives me the 5 souls back and I have the choice which way I go again...

I also have the infinite loading Arena issue.

Well, after this I thought I'd try it using BlueStacks instead of an iPad, you never know:

Updated the game in the store, started it, loading screen comes up, aaaand:
"Failed to download localization data.
[Asset Bundle Download failed](Gal06)"

Yay.

Edit: just found out I get an infinite loading screen when entering worlds, too. So no possibility of doing anything. On two different devices. This update tops everything for me.

Bradata
04-19-2017, 10:43 PM
More bugs, bugs, bugs ... FFS

Immunity granted by Artillery Dog or Hellhound seems to disappear randomly from certain toons ... couldn't find a pattern so far. But none of the other toon of the enemy team should have the ability to take them away.

Viking Loot is still not fixed. I also tried to heal my team with the Viking and he didn't heal himself ... I saw the green number above him but he wasn't healed ... no heal block active and I lost the fight because of this.

Just the same mess as it was before. Can't even say if there were bugs fixed I just bumped into some more game breaking bugs for PvP ... totally unpredictable now and it is getting worse ... can't even rely on the immunity dogs anymore.

Yeah one more Eddie and some new paint for the arena ... great ... but it's the bugs that are killing the fun ,,, I wonder when and if the devs concentrate on ironing this mess out.

I'm with you on this one!
More and more new bugs WTF!

Askora
04-19-2017, 10:48 PM
Usually don't play pvp this late in the afternoon before the reset, but thought I'd try a battle vs prisoner to see if he still blocks talisman effects. Only one battle against a prisoner so far and looking good for that bug remaining along with all the new ones being reported.

So, I have a question. Are talisman effects considered passives? I haven't had enough time to fully verify with the new update, but after the April 11 update none of my talisman effects ever triggered if the block passive icon was on them. On lists that have 7 or 8 prisoners you don't get much option about facing them.

Also, every time I log in with my phone it tells me to connect to wi-fi to download new content. Is there new content every time I log in? I'm going to try uninstall and reinstall when I get home to see if that changes anything for that part.

Was really hoping this update was more than just another new paint job, but it's not looking promising.

Rodrigo-3281
04-19-2017, 10:57 PM
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but my bats are now flapping their wings at a pretty crazy pace.

ill
04-19-2017, 11:12 PM
Good news, I got a Shaman in my first 10 pack. Bad news, he jacked up "My Team" which has the spinning skull untill I kill it. I will email in for a trouble ticket.

**Edit: looks like it was an issue downloading the update installs. Uninstall/reinstall fixed it**

Ian
04-19-2017, 11:56 PM
I see artillery dog immunity not working has been mentioned. I did have one arena match crash just after update (bye bye VP, again) but luckily game is all working now except for that bug and angels flapping like crazy. Even pulled shaman Eddie with my first sacrificial soul!

ShadowedLies
04-20-2017, 12:17 AM
Stuck on an infinite loading screen when trying to battle in arena. Lose the SoW and gets counted as a loss when i reload the app. Also get the notification to download new update everytime i open the app even tho it has already updated.

Zapathusara
04-20-2017, 12:20 AM
I know that this is pure aesthetic, but the loading bar from beginning is driving me mad. First, it shows the update popup. Than it disappears and the bar stay unchanged, until the Cosmos just pops. Why on nine hells mess up with that. Its just a start buttom, live it alone!

Opened the eddie, I predict balancing problems with him and green harpy. Shards will make these dmg skyrocket (my harpy hits 6~11k AoE w/o buffs, made 18k with DD). Weird slots are weird.

Lists seens normal now. Its the first time I face someone above me this week (ok, its the second, but u got it). Now my list shows 6 better ranked players.

And I guess there is another "Spartan's 300" week coming soon.

ShadowedLies
04-20-2017, 12:21 AM
Also get an infinite loading screen when trying PvE. Lost the trooper also. Im on a samsung galaxy s6 if that helps.

kkkreg5
04-20-2017, 12:53 AM
Shaman dropped on first Sacrifice Soul... Now I have 9 more to go...

CanyptianFit
04-20-2017, 12:54 AM
For all that is holy, PLEASE fix all of the Bat flapping speeds. They are killing us.

I'm back to what seems like normal attacks on PVP, so thanks for addressing that!

I bought 13 sac souls using ironite and landed Shaman Eddie, pretty stoked.

No major issues on iPad so far. I did get multiple "download new content messages", but no errors to speak of so far.

One minor issue is the Fervor skill text states "Does True Damage BASED to a single...". Seems like the word "based" needs to be removed.

Back to the grind...

Tritium
04-20-2017, 03:28 AM
The AI improvement for the various Eddies is awesome! I'm seeing them using skills now that they previously never touched whatsoever.

There are a lot of bugs, but I'm still quite optimistic about this update and the future of the game. I do think that by now there should be an update in the near future that focuses solely on ironing out the various bugs that have accumulated up 'til now. Doing this will greatly increase the quality of life for all of us players and keep more of us around for the long-term!

Askora
04-20-2017, 03:39 AM
I had 13 attacks on me in less than an hour after the update. Played 2 rounds just to see if they'd actually fixed anything (seems just as buggy as before). Another 7 or 8 attacks before I made it home. Up to about 27 attacks, I've now played about 15 rounds in pvp. Hopefully this is just it trying to level the number of attacks and defends. My guess is, it's just a matter of moving the bug from one set of players to another. As that seems to be the case with every great new update. We'll see how the rest of the week goes.

Bats flap like crazy, prisoner still blocks talisman effects, void shields still only work half the time. I've also had far more crashes tonight then usual. Maybe another great new feature. Funny how the forum is filled with people asking for bug fixes and it seems that the only thing that NF is focused on is adding some tiny new amount of content along with new graphics. Will there ever be a BNW or Night City or at least actual bug fixes?

ShadowedLies
04-20-2017, 04:03 AM
Tried uninstall/reinstalling and relogging in via Facebook, however now it gets stuck on an infinite loading screen when trying to access My Team. Its starting to look like my game is hosed. -.-

satani
04-20-2017, 04:12 AM
well, on my main tablet, i can't start ailing kingdom bonus levels, and on my second account, i can't even start the game. I tried reinstalling 2 times, yet the game doesnt even dowload the data.

edit: it seems, it's been a server overload. i managed to install the update after some reinstalls and playstore-cleanings.

Yet both my accounts didn't drop me the new eddie, instead i got the aces high eddie on my main account. (not bad), and nothing on my seccound account.
But i have patience, my vortex meter is short after 3/3 filled, so i'm pretty confident, that i will get the new eddie.

hold
04-20-2017, 04:25 AM
I had 13 attacks on me in less than an hour after the update. Played 2 rounds just to see if they'd actually fixed anything (seems just as buggy as before). Another 7 or 8 attacks before I made it home. Up to about 27 attacks, I've now played about 15 rounds in pvp. Hopefully this is just it trying to level the number of attacks and defends. My guess is, it's just a matter of moving the bug from one set of players to another. As that seems to be the case with every great new update. We'll see how the rest of the week goes.

Bats flap like crazy, prisoner still blocks talisman effects, void shields still only work half the time. I've also had far more crashes tonight then usual. Maybe another great new feature. Funny how the forum is filled with people asking for bug fixes and it seems that the only thing that NF is focused on is adding some tiny new amount of content along with new graphics. Will there ever be a BNW or Night City or at least actual bug fixes?

I also lost so many points over night that I regret every single refill this week. Back to f*cking square one just with more bugs. Instead of fixing old bugs just try to cover the mess with more new paint. Absolutely aweful update ... honestly.

Is it possible or allowed to sell my account? I think I lost the will to continue this madness.

Coletrain
04-20-2017, 04:51 AM
His basic skill just says "BRACE" for the description. How will all of the Magus Haunted Pumpkin users know what his basic attack does!?!

Love that "The Red and The Black" is the new arena theme music, probably my favorite tune off of Book of Souls. Also like seeing Aces High Eddie get a buff, one of my favorites to use. Avoided most of the arena and PvE crashes, sacrifice crashed every other time when I was using it though.

Sparton, do the Gunner and Warrior Droid shield skills stack if both used at the same time or would using them both remove the 1st one used?

MoonShadow
04-20-2017, 05:43 AM
I see artillery dog immunity not working has been mentioned. I did have one arena match crash just after update (bye bye VP, again) but luckily game is all working now except for that bug and angels flapping like crazy.Yeap, I've noticed too that the dog's immunity isn't working... :(

Angel's annoying flapping wings... also checked. :(

Game doesn't work on emulators, at least on the two I have installed (Koplayer & Bluestacks).. :(

And I knew last night that I should fear this new update!!

Seriously, is it normal that almost every update should come with so many bugs?!?!?!?!

:mad:

prin666team
04-20-2017, 06:15 AM
Reinstall/upgrade user data and the game is close.
No posible run the game.

osogaru
04-20-2017, 06:44 AM
edit message

Kamuz24z
04-20-2017, 06:56 AM
Hellhound his passive sometimes don't work completely or just in some toons that's the only thing I've noticed so far

Rodrigo-3281
04-20-2017, 06:59 AM
Just reiterating that the AD Immunity passive doesn't work.

MoonShadow
04-20-2017, 07:45 AM
I am starting to believe that NF is developing a new gaming concept: PvB.... as everyone seems busy playing versus bugs, since I am getting surprisingly few attacks in the last couple of hours... :D

Sorry, devs, but an update should improve things, not making them worse.

Liebhild
04-20-2017, 08:49 AM

konstifik
04-20-2017, 09:00 AM
Ha! Played Lightbringer and indeed, the angels are flapping like crazy, and the Hellhounds on wave 2 and 5 didn't trigger any immunities.

Caretaker
04-20-2017, 10:54 AM
First of all, I have to say how VERY VERY VERY PLEASED I am with this update in general. Some bug ironing will be done and we'll have a great thing going!

After the initial shock on update and loss of pts on initiating battles I slept it over with 400 pts loss since the update has risen but not caring for that, as some of the cries I see here :D (love it! after I'm done posting I will read how many cries there is and by whom. I bet now people will be loud for not having it good like before)

So what has happened now I've been waiting since the release of beta -> fairer game than it was for all! and not just those on top. All thanks to real matchmaking! Makes every sense in the world now, even the weekly point reset. so much on that. Buy yourselves a few beers guys! 5* rating in store from me, earned.

The tides have really turned now!

Furthermore we have a new Ed in consistence with the path the game is changing, from stacking benefits to removing them, we now have dd, rescuer, newbies, visions, the new guy etc etc.

As I've said, some bug ironing and we'll have it great! Some are mentioned but it's not bad to repeat some like: AoF's passive triggers whenever and how many times it desires (that one should be rewritten from scratch and not debugged haha), dogs don't provide immunity (sounds almost intended) and when they do, they seem to be immune to their own immunity :cool: so does red troll shielding sometimes provide no shields on itself, and I'm not talking of prisoner, dd or siege oddities, it's just broken along with some other passives now. uu, noted how green robot's (sagbot :o) force shields work sometimes on second turn only, letting the dmg trough on the first turn casted? Talismans overprocing or not procing at all. so much on that for now, gotta go and bash some higher ranked ppl! Hope they enjoy it as much as they did bashing lower ranked

Jofer16
04-20-2017, 12:22 PM
First of all, I have to say how VERY VERY VERY PLEASED I am with this update in general. Some bug ironing will be done and we'll have a great thing going!

After the initial shock on update and loss of pts on initiating battles I slept it over with 400 pts loss since the update has risen but not caring for that, as some of the cries I see here :D (love it! after I'm done posting I will read how many cries there is and by whom. I bet now people will be loud for not having it good like before)

So what has happened now I've been waiting since the release of beta -> fairer game than it was for all! and not just those on top. All thanks to real matchmaking! Makes every sense in the world now, even the weekly point reset. so much on that. Buy yourselves a few beers guys! 5* rating in store from me, earned.

The tides have really turned now!

Furthermore we have a new Ed in consistence with the path the game is changing, from stacking benefits to removing them, we now have dd, rescuer, newbies, visions, the new guy etc etc.

As I've said, some bug ironing and we'll have it great! Some are mentioned but it's not bad to repeat some like: AoF's passive triggers whenever and how many times it desires (that one should be rewritten from scratch and not debugged haha), dogs don't provide immunity (sounds almost intended) and when they do, they seem to be immune to their own immunity :cool: so does red troll shielding sometimes provide no shields on itself, and I'm not talking of prisoner, dd or siege oddities, it's just broken along with some other passives now. uu, noted how green robot's (sagbot :o) force shields work sometimes on second turn only, letting the dmg trough on the first turn casted? Talismans overprocing or not procing at all. so much on that for now, gotta go and bash some higher ranked ppl! Hope they enjoy it as much as they did bashing lower ranked

I want some of what this guy is smoking lol In all honesty though are people seeing big changes with matchmaking? I attacked a bunch last night just to check out the update and seems like I've been attacked less since it came out. I'll take it :)

scott-5496
04-20-2017, 12:53 PM
I am seeing way more top 25 (or others who are above me in ranking) in my attack lists then ever before - something has changed and for the better I think as I really only got top 25 to attack from revenges - which were limited - I only ever got top 10 a few times a week before this update.

There does seem to be some odd things going on though wit first turn - I have Prisoner and he works sometimes and not others and not always due to being stolen by Visions (wow there are a lot of them now). Also my Corrupt Droid shields do not always seem to work but not looked enough to know why or when but these can be stolen from some of my team by Visions (is that intended?) or sometimes with no visions they do not seem to work - same for Hell Hound - his immunity sometimes not working but again I need to check more as don't need to use him to often. So really for me Visions seems to be the current OP - he is even worse than a sharded GRE at the moment.

My Samurai seems a lot stronger on hits and if he gets to his fury move it is utterly devastating to most of the opposition - I have taken most or the whole of a defence team of varying colours/types with the Fury move....I wonder what it will be like if coupled with Wickerman or Nomad or other attack booster! He is still a little squishy against greens but that has always been the case.....if he can be kept alive up to Fury he is a beast and five star rated I think.

Caretaker
04-20-2017, 01:02 PM
@Jofer - Walter Wolf 100's :p it's a brand here on balkan.
Glad to hear that it works for the tops too! So all are happy :cool:

Zapathusara
04-20-2017, 01:12 PM
Death Dog randomly forgets its passive. No Prisioner or alike involved.

I am seeing way more top 25

The same here, finally.

Jofer16
04-20-2017, 01:16 PM
My Samurai seems a lot stronger on hits and if he gets to his fury move it is utterly devastating to most of the opposition - I have taken most or the whole of a defence team of varying colours/types with the Fury move....I wonder what it will be like if coupled with Wickerman or Nomad or other attack booster! He is still a little squishy against greens but that has always been the case.....if he can be kept alive up to Fury he is a beast and five star rated I think.

Welcome to my PvE face melting team since day 1 :) Built a team with him/wicker where I can get his fury off turn 1 every wave in dungeons. Haven't done much post buff, but I could pull of like 50,000+ damage samurai furys with the right setup/combos before the buffs. Super fun. He seems to shine more in PvE.

Browno
04-20-2017, 01:19 PM
Samurai got a 500 attack base boost since last update and another 100 since the patch before that.

hold
04-20-2017, 01:25 PM
Samurai got a 500 attack base boost since last update and another 100 since the patch before that.

Vikings "Scatter" doesn't do a lot of damage anymore or have I missed that in a prior update? Most of the times less than 1000. Pretty much a gamble now because if the effects don't trigger (or stun as taunt can backfire badly) you wasted a whole turn. Before it was at least quite a good AoE attack and it was his only one (apart from fury).

Jofer16
04-20-2017, 01:27 PM

Yeah there's lots of new teams I want to try but I'm waiting for all the bugs to get fixed. No point in trying to master a bugged meta when my current setup still manages to do well. Was hoping bugs would improve yesterday but doesn't seem to be the case. I might be waiting awhile haha

hold
04-20-2017, 01:35 PM
Was hoping bugs would improve yesterday but doesn't seem to be the case.

Oh the bugs were improved big time! We've got so much more of them now ... I was hoping for the opposite ... ;)

scott-5496
04-20-2017, 01:36 PM
Welcome to my PvE face melting team since day 1 :) Built a team with him/wicker where I can get his fury off turn 1 every wave in dungeons. Haven't done much post buff, but I could pull of like 50,000+ damage samurai furys with the right setup/combos before the buffs. Super fun. He seems to shine more in PvE.

Yeah he is my day to day guy in PvE too - he is just a very big hitter and when I have coupled him with Wicker or Nomad in PvE he has been brutal and even more so today - he is a monster for sure but he can be taken out by greens if set up right. I have used my Nomad a few times in PVP and he is decent but again so many blue teams that he can get sqished - my PVE team was always very Warrior based - I went for months with Sam, Nomad, Rocket Dog/Hell Hound and Troll - very little could worry that team other than LOL X against Magus.

Enti
04-20-2017, 01:57 PM
My Gimp forgot how to prison. I rarely see a stun now, none from the last 6 attacks made by him. That's 2.77% chance to occur - lucky me

zdm-1083
04-20-2017, 02:47 PM
Hmm, I have the feeling that I'm back in the blackhole of attack list.

I'm #70 without any defense since the update. (13h!)
I will see when number of attacks reach number of defense.
For now, 146 attacks for 155 defenses.

Killhouse
04-20-2017, 02:55 PM
Amid the bugs, I have to agree that one thing that was improved was the matchmaking. I started a climb on Tuesday/Wednesday and throughout 15 clears I did not get one person over 2100 to attack (there were at least 20 players over that). Since the update every list has people from the top 25 including usually one in the top 5 now. Had I known they were going to put this in, I'd have waited to make a run lol! Anyways, over 60 attacks suffered since the update confirms the lists have been fixed for for the top players not showing up.

Hopefully this didn't just shift the matchmaking bug elsewhere.

Askora
04-20-2017, 03:16 PM
Uninstalled and reinstalled on my phone. No change. If not connected to wi-fi, every time I open the game it says connect to wi-fi to download new game content.

Another prisoner fight this morning, absolutely no talisman effects proc'ed. It's been that way since the April 11th update.

Void shields only reflect damage about 50% of the time on either offense or defense. Unless mummy, CG, GRE, etc. have the occasional true damage instead of magic damage. Am I missing something?

After playing the secret levels, they still show as open unless I close and restart the game.

My CG killed a GCotD in pvp while he was invisible.

Attacks continue to climb and will see if they stop when it reaches the number of attacks I've made.

Got several wickerdog queens in the book of souls, when it shows the icons for the characters she has the wickerdog king icon in book of souls. Cosmetic, but still a new bug.

Nicko
04-20-2017, 03:22 PM
Yeah - for the last two weeks those of us at the top have been blessed with the attack bug.

Now attacks are going through the roof and so far I've dropped 450 points since last night as almost every attack results in a 20 point loss.

Honestly - still sorting out feelings. Certainly the way it was is not fair. But after enjoying that pleasant PvP experience - and then back to this - it leaves a pretty sour taste.

Frankly put - the two steps forward three steps back sucks. This point system is psychologically erosive.

The developers know this - yet it remains.

I have enough Iron Coins to buy stuff for a long, long time and while it's nice to get the extra shards from placing every week, at this point in my opinion it's just not worth it

I have the next week off and still may continue to play in the arena - it becomes a habit - but at this point that's all it is. It's not fun. And that's a shame because it could be.

And it's a habit I think I'm ready to break.

Sorry for the negative post - but just not feeling good about this game right now.

BadTaste
04-20-2017, 03:24 PM
I just had a fight against a team in the arena. The battle started normal and he killed some of my toons and I killed some of his. Then he only had his GCR left with half health and a full Titan shield. It was my turn and I was going for the final kill. Then to my surprise his GCR did not take any damage! Neither his shield or healt went down no matter how hard or often I hit him. He was just untouhcable! I tried for many rounds, but nothing affected him. He just went on as normal and reveived his teammates. I killed the reveived toons, but not GCR. Unfortulately I did not have any toons who could try to remove or steal beneficial effects alive at that point so I can't tell if that could have rescued me. Eventually I had to take a draw to end the fight...
I read from the ingame update notice under known bugs that GCR's passive either never works or always works. But that is noted under the Prisoner which I don't have.

EDIT: In the end I only had the Nomad left, and since I only had one toon left it could be that GCR's shield was reset immediately after my hit which would explain why I could not see that the shield was taking any damage. If this is the case then you are pretty much fu**ed if you have only one toon left against GCR even if that toon is a hard hitter like the Nomad...

Killhouse
04-20-2017, 03:43 PM
Yeah - for the last two weeks those of us at the top have been blessed with the attack bug.

Now attacks are going through the roof and so far I've dropped 450 points since last night as almost every attack results in a 20 point loss.

Honestly - still sorting out feelings. Certainly the way it was is not fair. But after enjoying that pleasant PvP experience - and then back to this - it leaves a pretty sour taste.

Frankly put - the two steps forward three steps back sucks. This point system is psychologically erosive.

I have enough Iron Coins to buy stuff for a long, long time and while it's nice to get the extra shards from placing every week, at this point in my opinion it's just not worth it

I have the next week off and still may continue to play in the arena - it becomes a habit - but at this point that's all it is. It's not fun. And that's a shame because it could be.

Sorry for the negative post - but just not feeling good about this game right now.

Have to say I agree with the statement here. With the recent changes defense holds have gone waaay down (not that my defense has ever been that good) and I feel like the only successful holds I get are because someone's game crashed (experienced 15+ crashes personally since the update, thankfully most were not in PVP). The current point system requires attacking 2x as much as you are attacked (since attack win is +12, defense loss is -20) and then attack some more to cover the revenges that result from you getting back to where you started. If the algorithm is ideally supposed to have attacks = defenses then I feel like the situation will not improve.

I'll probably go back to just PVPing for fun after this week, Iron Coins are not an issue and the rewards for placing top 10 in the current system are not worth the time/investment.

I will say that I am seeing a fair bit of creativity in the teams I face nowadays, which is a welcome change from what it was a month ago.

Askora
04-20-2017, 04:00 PM
With the point system, trying to go to a 1/1 Attack vs Defense just makes it more of a joke. Imagine you make 10 attacks. Now you get attacked 10 times and revenged 10 times for a net loss. Now you get 10 free attacks to try and climb back to exactly where you were (if you're lucky), some of those losses might have been 20 point losses and you may end up with a list where the most you can hope for is a 14 point gain per battle. Fight 10 more to try and climb and you just repeat the pattern.

I can say with the huge number of attacks I've had, that pvp has gotten to be less challenging. Far fewer bugged prisoners to deal with. Even faced one team with just an Eddie for defense, totally destroyed another without even using all my toons. At least it makes mining for iron coins simpler, and my defense ratio goes up considerably.

Caretaker
04-20-2017, 04:08 PM

Only last two? No my friend a lot longer. I'm sorry to hear it gets to you. But wellcome to the game people were playing for 2 and a half months now. And believe me those under top 25 know and shared the pain you are experiencing now. Wait a few days, I'm sure it will sort out when this confusion rush is done.

Nicko
04-20-2017, 04:18 PM
Only last two? No my friend a lot longer. I'm sorry to hear it gets to you. But wellcome to the game people were playing for 2 and a half months now. And believe me those under top 25 know and shared the pain you are experiencing now. Wait a few days, I'm sure it will sort out when this confusion rush is done.

You predicted complainers ;)

I was enduring crazy attacks too before I vanished. And it was an eye opener how much more I enjoyed the process after the attacks dropped.

Again - it's not the attacks themselves - it's how much they work against you in the current environment

Just because many were - and are - enduring it does not make it a good experience. Like I've said before - we all choose to participate or not knowing how things are set up.

But a little venting goes a long way ;). Ive been here since beta and feelings ebb and flow.

But I'm still here so while griping may surface every once in a while - that damn optimism is still there too...

Jofer16
04-20-2017, 04:28 PM

No apologies necessary when you speak the truth, negative or positive. Nice to hear I’m not alone, playing a few lists last night just seemed like a chore, and all the other valid complaints people post that just go totally unresolved and unnoticed by the dev team. It’s like they know the ship is sinking so they are worried about releasing more money grab carrots on a stick, and not really worried about fixing bugs at all. Easy way to make a game appear successful in the short term to the suits in charge, but it’s a death sentence long term.

Games like this need long term players, it’s not a popular enough subject matter to get a constant turnover of new players to feed the greed (like Pokemon, sports apps, star wars, etc.). Other games can remain buggy, but this one’s going to crumble in months time if this trend continues, mark my words. If they lose the dedicated players they’ve had, it’s game over.

I was really hoping this week they’d focus on bugs, instead an even buggier update with some shiny distractions. Par for the course.

Bradata
04-20-2017, 05:00 PM

I feel you, man! My relentlessness is wearing out lately, all these bugs and losses because of crushes, I'm tired!
Same here with the ironite, big stock of it but I just don't see the point of using it at this time.

I think you don't understand or you don't want to the reason why the people in the top 25 are there! The people in the top 25 are the ones that spend a lot of time playing the game and I don't mean just PVP battles but also building strategic play teams with their toons and experimenting for a long time with them to see which talisman set is best for certain character and how those characters act in the team of 4 for defense and hopefully hold against people who only want to use the free ironite the game gives them every day but they still want to be alongside with the above mentioned people. Nicko, me and I'm sure all other top players are feeling robed of the hard earned achievements we've accomplished so far because of the direction this game is heading right now.
I am sure that in a point system set up where the points won or lost are the same for any rank players, the top 25 list still is going to have the same names that are there now.
Soooo... what pain?! There is no pain :p just disappointment ;)

Bradata
04-20-2017, 05:09 PM
No apologies necessary when you speak the truth, negative or positive. Nice to hear I’m not alone, playing a few lists last night just seemed like a chore, and all the other valid complaints people post that just go totally unresolved and unnoticed by the dev team. It’s like they know the ship is sinking so they are worried about releasing more money grab carrots on a stick, and not really worried about fixing bugs at all. Easy way to make a game appear successful in the short term to the suits in charge, but it’s a death sentence long term.

Games like this need long term players, it’s not a popular enough subject matter to get a constant turnover of new players to feed the greed (like Pokemon, sports apps, star wars, etc.). Other games can remain buggy, but this one’s going to crumble in months time if this trend continues, mark my words. If they lose the dedicated players they’ve had, it’s game over.

I was really hoping this week they’d focus on bugs, instead an even buggier update with some shiny distractions. Par for the course.

I couldn't say it better myself!

R1ck
04-20-2017, 05:14 PM
It is devs game, they release new characters so people spend money in their buggy game; make them 5* toons or 5* Eddie, very rare toon, so more money spent. It was long time ago I decided not to spend money in this game because we get only the “chance” to get new characters, not even the character we want itself. As a Maiden fan started to play because I wanted to collect Eddies, it has been long time I don’t get any new Eddie, kinf of disappointed of how this game is managed by devs. Well, it’s a feeling I want to keep for a while, not too long either. Hope there is a real new content soon, mean BNW.

gmac
04-20-2017, 05:51 PM
Hi everybody,

Don't hate me, but I like the matchmaking changes. Not that I like getting attacked 20 times overnight, but at least it's the same for everybody, and that is really important. Sure revenge and point system needs revision/balancing. It's tough and does not encourage us to play. But maybe late runs are back, and I kind of like them :)

And I'd make them, except I can't play more than 20 minutes. I use all the bats, and they just give me a headache, really, they do. This and many, many, other bugs are killing the game right now.

So Devs, please, events are cool, necessary, you cash on them, new Eddies etc, but please, fix this game first.

Oh, and new content! :)

Cheers
gmac

Caretaker
04-20-2017, 06:03 PM
You predicted complainers ;)

I was enduring crazy attacks too before I vanished. And it was an eye opener how much more I enjoyed the process after the attacks dropped.

Just because many were - and are - enduring it does not make it a good experience. Like I've said before - we all choose to participate or not knowing how things are set up

But I'm still here so while griping may surface every once in a while - that damn optimism is still there too...

U see how things were enjoyable.. and suddenly boohoo it is not fun and now we say it is not good experience, when swimming in the same sea with people noone cared about, and that was vast majority, that were experiencing what is new to us now. The feeling we didn't care about when folks were frustrated telling it sucks.
Sorry, I like this more.

Great points Gmac!
I wish this to last, so we can have 'who wants to be an Eternal' with equal chance. Forget the talk, let's play.

Nicko
04-20-2017, 06:30 PM
U see how things were enjoyable.. and suddenly boohoo it is not fun and now we say it is not good experience, when swimming in the same sea with people noone cared about, and that was vast majority, that were experiencing what is new to us now.

Caretaker - I'm not getting you. I saidI had the same experience with tons of attacks on me all along for months. And if you look at my posts from the last several weeks - I've mentioned reformation of the point system even while I enjoyed the attack bug.

If you take the "let's all suffer with the same crappy system" approach that's cool. Enjoy. I think it needs reform. My opinion.

Jofer16
04-20-2017, 06:41 PM
Hi everybody,

Don't hate me, but I like the matchmaking changes. Not that I like getting attacked 20 times overnight, but at least it's the same for everybody, and that is really important. Sure revenge and point system needs revision/balancing. It's tough and does not encourage us to play. But maybe late runs are back, and I kind of like them :)

And I'd make them, except I can't play more than 20 minutes. I use all the bats, and they just give me a headache, really, they do. This and many, many, other bugs are killing the game right now.

So Devs, please, events are cool, necessary, you cash on them, new Eddies etc, but please, fix this game first.

Oh, and new content! :)

Cheers
gmac

That's what I thought about the bats too, should come with one of those blinking light causes seizures warning messages, just hurts the brain! lol

And I agree on matchmaking, im all for fairness. My concerns are more the perpetual lasting bugs. I could care less if I'm getting more attacks than others, if I want to win, I'm going to win regardless. I've fought through enough relentless attack/revenge waves in the past to know I'm persistent enough to bust through.

We're all so passionate about this game, we're basically pleading and begging for some stability. Such a missed opportunity so far for the dev team.

Tritium
04-20-2017, 06:51 PM
I agree with a lot of the points you guys (especially Jofer and Nicko) are making about the state of the game. We're all sticking around largely due to our love of the game and the band (for those that have followed them for a while ─ I actually don't listen to Maiden at all haha, just have fun with this game), but even the power of these things to keep us around is beginning to dwindle over time as each update releases even more bugs.

Devs, please focus an update solely on crushing the many bugs within the game. There's not much point in releasing new content without fixing the game-breaking issues that the game currently has. Doing so will only lead to the players getting more and more fed up with the game over time, and you absolutely NEED players to be here for the long haul if this game is to stick around for a while. I don't agree with the statement that "the customer is always right", but I do believe that if you want to keep receiving the customer's money and time, then you must listen to them and provide what they want (even if you tweak it a bit in delivery).

Sparton_LOTB
04-20-2017, 07:08 PM
Minor PSA for players having trouble getting into battles/getting into the game:

If you're still having an issue with getting into battlles, please send our team a message using the Support button in the Settings menu. This is the best way for our CS team to get your information and help you resolve the issue.

If you cannot get into the game, please email [email protected] for assistance.

I don't have quote blocks for everything (lots of activity in the last 24 hours), but myself and the team has been monitoring this thread and have been ensuring we have the various issues tracked from this thread (people can't get into the game, bat flap speed, Repeal not working in certain situations, Shaman Eddie fury not applying debuffs in a specific situation, skill description that is just "BRACE", etc). We hope to have many of these issues fixed in the next update; some things already have fix attempts in that just need to be verified to ensure they work.

Sparton, do the Gunner and Warrior Droid shield skills stack if both used at the same time or would using them both remove the 1st one used?

For all kinds of shields, only one will function at a time. All other shields basically act as "suppressed" (ie not there).

I'm not 100% sure on the order, but I believe whatever was applied first takes precedence, so if you have the Gunner's Magic and True damage shield first and then the Warrior's Physical and True damage shield, you'll be reducing damage from magic/true damage, but not from physical damage while the Gunner's shield is still around.

In a future update, we want to make it so shields are all checked in order (while not diminishing the value of Force/Titan shields), but there's a fair bit of tech work to be done for that.

Ian
04-20-2017, 07:18 PM
As someone who was suffering from lots more inbound attacks, all I wanted was some sort of balancing so that nobody has to go through that "impossible to progress" feeling and nobody has a random advantage or disadvantage. I also think the points need adjustment or the AI needs a major overhaul - I wonder which is easier...

But before that, we need abilities to work as intended:
Noticed another arena bug where my troll cast guard and then when the other team took their turn, all my buffs dropped before the enemy made their attacks, even though they didn't have any disablers on their team.

mjmxiii
04-20-2017, 07:19 PM
Hey Nodding Frog,

I have learned to absolutely dread updates! There is simply no excitement in them at all, no anticipation whatsoever for them from me. The only thing that I can now depend on them for is new bugs and no real fix for existing bugs.

While some people have decided to fool themselves about the quality of the update, the bulk of posts in this thread are filled with resounding disappointment for the quality of an update masked by the shiny new novelties your company has produced. Which makes me wonder how much longer your player base will support you and the continually flawed state of your product.

I just want to ask a few things (and anyone of you can answer these at anytime). Why does this continue to happen? Why can your team not release one update without a plethora of new issues? Is anything being done to prevent this in the future? Should I just give up on the investment I've made into your game? Can I even attempt to ask for my money back at this point?

Fister
04-20-2017, 07:34 PM
I just LOVE the new matchmaking. 😍
Turned the game on after finishen breakfast. Wow, only 2 attacks. I'm used to see 20.

I cleared my list and was ready to put my tablet aside when the new list showed up 😵
I had at that time 20** VP. The new list contained only 25**+ players, including Nicko and Enti. I just had to buy a refill.

I went straight into the battle against top dog Enti. He went first and I still won. After that I cleared the rest of the list without defeat.
So in my oppinion VE is not OP.

On the negative side the new OP'ness of the Gimp (anti-talis-proc) hasn't been resolved. And the wings of the bats!!!! Man I'm glad I'm not epileptic. And my highly loved AAD is no longer the protection against taunt etc he used to be. His endure has been improved. But when he is taunts, frozen or stunned that doesn't matter. Fix him ASAP, PLEASE!!!!

Sorry all, didn't mean to make a rant 😅

Cheers

Tritium
04-20-2017, 07:41 PM
Thank you Sparton for your response. I was hoping that you were going to step into the conversation soon, considering where things were headed. Your frequent communication definitely helps us get out of the dark.

One thing I'd like to ask (if you're able to address it): will there be a future update/patch specifically for the bugs we are experiencing? New content is great, but we really need the current bugs to be squashed before the next big content update comes out.

Askora
04-20-2017, 08:05 PM
Just had a funny thought. Maybe the bats flap their wings once for each time a new bug is born. Hopefully some will see the humor in it.

I realize it's a little mean, but it seems like the bug list just continues to grow. I've written some software and I know it can be a chore to track down the issues with it. The stuff I wrote was more mission critical, so bug fixes came before beauty or new features.

gmac
04-20-2017, 08:07 PM
That's what I thought about the bats too, should come with one of those blinking light causes seizures warning messages, just hurts the brain! lol

People getting headaches and dizziness within a few minutes into the game, this can't be good. Not a doctor here but imagine someone predispose to epileptic, or some similar disease. If this can affect people's health, they should stop everything and fix this.

Fister
04-20-2017, 08:30 PM
Shaman dropped on first Sacrifice Soul... Now I have 9 more to go...

Gratz trooper 😀

Wasn't all that lucky myself opening a sacrefice soul recieved through sacrefice. But definitely not dissappointed either. Got my first red troll. One less on the wanting list 😄

Got more than 3K ironites, so might purchase 10 more souls.

Btw, thx for all the badges 😘

zdm-1083
04-20-2017, 08:33 PM
This bat bug could be a new way to win in arena XD
You put a team of 3 bats, human player will not be able to play after one turn :o

R1ck
04-20-2017, 08:37 PM
It seems to me that immunity talismans are working fine against Prisoner's​ passive. In the image Nomad and Red Pyro have immunity talismans and after the round that they were attacked they were not affected by taunts or flames. The problem is that Nomad's passive only was applied to the ones wearing the talismans or that is the way should work.

Ubajoa
04-20-2017, 08:49 PM
This bat bug could be a new way to win in arena XD
You put a team of 3 bats, human player will not be able to play after one turn :o

LOL you made my day with that comment. I can't complaint about the recent update. I just got shamman eddie, samurai eddie, tailgunner eddie, storm eddie and the assassin pyro soldier. 4 new eddies and a nice 4* ally I'm really happy :D

Jofer16
04-20-2017, 09:07 PM
LOL you made my day with that comment. I can't complaint about the recent update. I just got shamman eddie, samurai eddie, tailgunner eddie, storm eddie and the assassin pyro soldier. 4 new eddies and a nice 4* ally I'm really happy :D

That was pretty damn funny haha. and yeah some of us are happy too with scoring some new shiny toys, but we're thinking the big picture of the game. By distracting people with shiny stuff over and over instead of fixing core issues you're only going to attract people who don't know any better and rely on preying on people's addictive and compulsive tendencies. Same type of people that can sit and play slot machines all day everyday, except those actually pay out. You're going to lose your player base eventually because some people see through those tactics, some quicker than others. And like I said, I just don't think the subject matter is enough to keep that revolving door of unaware users for this app. It'll work for awhile, but eventually the jig will be up.

Think of it this way... if you took your car to a mechanic who constantly F'd up the repairs, but gave you a free car wash and a high five to get you to come back. Eventually you're gonna find a new mechanic. I like free car washes and high fives, but you gotta think big picture.

There's so much potential here. Maybe I'm just a dreamer.

Fister
04-20-2017, 09:14 PM

Gratz. That is insane pulls you got there. Could you plz rub some of that luck off on me 😄
Would be happy with half that luck when I later try my luck.

Sparton_LOTB
04-20-2017, 09:23 PM
One thing I'd like to ask (if you're able to address it): will there be a future update/patch specifically for the bugs we are experiencing? New content is great, but we really need the current bugs to be squashed before the next big content update comes out.

We're appraising what makes sense for that right now. Rushing an update out risks other knock-on bugs unless we're very confident in the fixes, and rushing an update out means we can't get as many fixes in, so it really depends on how fast and how many fixes we get in before we get to the point where we'd ship another update anyways.

The problem is that Nomad's passive only was applied to the ones wearing the talismans or that is the way should work.

That is not intended, sadly; the Prisoner's Passive Disable should stop a character's passive if it's on a given character, but it shouldn't block the beneficial effects of other characters who don't have their passive blocked.

Thanks for the image and description of what happened there; I'll pass that to the team. That level of detail really helps with tracking down and fixing these kinds of discrepancies.

Monte47
04-20-2017, 10:00 PM
Is it possible there is an attack bug? I've not been attacked in a day, and my rank has not changed. I'd be amazed if that was really the case?

Jofer16
04-20-2017, 10:18 PM
Is it possible there is an attack bug? I've not been attacked in a day, and my rank has not changed. I'd be amazed if that was really the case?

That's like asking if it's possible the wind will blow.

Hoping ratios are stabilizing, but starting to get a sneaky suspicion it's bugged again.

Edit: see my ratio stabilization latest comment in Nickos weekly PvP thread for explanation.

Nicko
04-20-2017, 10:25 PM
Definitely. Some in my Discord group report having attacks completely drop off. Others report a massive increase in attacks. Kind of like the way it was before with just a juggling of who's blessed and who's cursed.

Jofer16
04-20-2017, 10:33 PM
Definitely. Some in my Discord group report having attacks completely drop off. Others report a massive increase in attacks. Kind of like the way it was before with just a juggling of who's blessed and who's cursed.

Keep them distracted! They won't notice the underlying framework is broke! Quick, shuffle the groups! lol, this routine is getting familiar. What's the definition of insanity again? Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Monte47
04-20-2017, 10:38 PM

Mine must be off, but my rank is going up, and I've only done two battles the last two days. Since my shit weed defense only holds at 25%, I guess I should be grateful lol.

R1ck
04-20-2017, 10:42 PM
I believe you have more defenses than attacks, so the game tries to balance that and you are not appearing on anybody's list; till you cross the line of attacks.
Off course an assumption. Wonder what happens at reset time.

Sparton_LOTB
04-20-2017, 10:43 PM

That's like asking if it's possible the wind will blow.

Hoping ratios are stabilizing, but starting to get a sneaky suspicion it's bugged again.

Edit: see my ratio stabilization latest comment in Nickos weekly PvP thread for explanation.

I don't want to sound a pre-emptive victory, but that sounds like people who were unfairly attacked a lot suddenly not being attacked until their ratio catches up, or vice versa (which yes, is exactly what Jofer theorized (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5317-Week-10-of-PvP-Statistics-and-Discussion&p=38047&viewfull=1#post38047) in the week 10 PVP thread).

Basically, the system is trying to enforce an even attack:defense ratio now with logic that makes sense to do that (as opposed to before where it was encouraging attacks against people who've already been attacked a lot), so it's expected to see weirdness until everyone's ratios start evening out.

Monte47
04-20-2017, 10:56 PM
I don't want to sound a pre-emptive victory, but that sounds like people who were unfairly attacked a lot suddenly not being attacked until their ratio catches up, or vice versa (which yes, is exactly what Jofer theorized (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5317-Week-10-of-PvP-Statistics-and-Discussion&p=38047&viewfull=1#post38047) in the week 10 PVP thread).

Basically, the system is trying to enforce an even attack:defense ratio now with logic that makes sense to do that (as opposed to before where it was encouraging attacks against people who've already been attacked a lot), so it's expected to see weirdness until everyone's ratios start evening out.

Cool, thank you for replying Spartan. Love the update tbh, except for the methamphetamine addicted Angel wings lol.

Jofer16
04-21-2017, 12:34 AM
This game is so bugged. Just found some motivation and decided to play a bit, already multiple losses due to bugs. My latest fun one, attacked and all my ability icons disappeared and had to reset to a loss.

If I could run this game I'd push it top 100 for grossing apps, this is just comical at this point, talk about a fumble right at the goal line. Wtf is really going on here?

Nicko
04-21-2017, 12:38 AM

While I still am not a fan of the negative reinforcement with losses, this makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for clarifying Sparton

Zapathusara
04-21-2017, 12:57 AM
This game is so bugged. Just found some motivation and decided to play a bit, already multiple losses due to bugs. My latest fun one, attacked and all my ability icons disappeared and had to reset to a loss.

If I could run this game I'd push it top 100 for grossing apps, this is just comical at this point, talk about a fumble right at the goal line. Wtf is really going on here?

what a hell man, I feel bad. Just saw 3 holds against you, and figure out you sure has some bug haunting you.

Jofer16
04-21-2017, 01:36 AM
what a hell man, I feel bad. Just saw 3 holds against you, and figure out you sure has some bug haunting you.

Yep, done.

Jofer16
04-21-2017, 01:57 AM

I broke their game so they're breaking me. This is what truth brings, it's like Orwells 1984 if you haven't read it lol. You guys can have your game back, my motivation is dying.

Zapathusara
04-21-2017, 02:10 AM
I broke their game so they're breaking me. This is what truth brings, it's like Orwells 1984 if you haven't read it lol. You guys can have your game back, my motivation is dying.

Off topic, 1984 is my fav book. Even had thought to use it as my final game/work at university (I made Game Design), but done Egyptian Myth instead.

Sad to hear you givin up. I was like this last week. This one I started testing some stuff which worked and made me keep battling to Top 50. As I said before, I'm a look guy with not too harmfull bugs n crashes, yet sometimes its impossible to keep calm.

I hope better tides next week. But NF, stop the nice/carrot things and focus on what matter. If you guys want to release new content, let it be BNW or Night City. The game is almost in its anniversary and the "new" stuff is still Lord of Light.

CanyptianFit
04-21-2017, 02:47 AM
While I totally agree with the need for stability and bug fixes, it also seems like this past release was driven by the band to coincide with the tour.

So wonder if some of the release control isn't fully in NF hands.

Visions Effin Eddie makes offense almost ea...I won't say it. Funny he was my first 5 star, had 3 of him at one point and dropped one, he was useless....WAS.

Resume your regularly scheduled program.

Jofer16
04-21-2017, 03:41 AM
Off topic, 1984 is my fav book. Even had thought to use it as my final game/work at university (I made Game Design), but done Egyptian Myth instead.

Sad to hear you givin up. I was like this last week. This one I started testing some stuff which worked and made me keep battling to Top 50. As I said before, I'm a look guy with not too harmfull bugs n crashes, yet sometimes its impossible to keep calm.

I hope better tides next week. But NF, stop the nice/carrot things and focus on what matter. If you guys want to release new content, let it be BNW or Night City. The game is almost in its anniversary and the "new" stuff is still Lord of Light.

Yeah, Eternal's free game for now, too lazy to break Enti like those before him.

I'm not giving up completely, but before I pull the Lambo out of the garage and gas it up I'll just wait for improvement of bugs and less shiny fool grabs.

Until then I'll...

https://youtu.be/B1zCN0YhW1s

Tritium
04-21-2017, 03:45 AM
Yeah, Eternal's free game for now, too lazy to break Enti like those before him.

I'm not giving up completely, but before I pull the Lambo out of the garage and gas it up I'll just wait for improvement of bugs and less shiny fool grabs.

I'm glad you're sticking around, man! The forums wouldn't be the same if you dipped out.

Tritium
04-21-2017, 04:17 AM
Sparton, I found another bug that carried over from the last update. Cyborg's Dead Eye basic attack still occasionally stalls the game.

Edit: Also just had the game stall when facing a Mummy Eddie in PVP who used his Burden of the Damned basic attack. As soon as his 3-tap animation was up, he just stared at my team and did nothing. If it matters, as he was going through his animation, I put the game into x2 speed. Not sure if that is what caused the freeze. It sucks how all of these bugs make us lose VP when we refresh.

Y'know, the fact that this bug also seems to affect Mummy's BotD basic attack makes me believe that this bug affects all Eddie 3-tap basic attacks (and maybe even the ally toons who have such a basic attack).

druid138
04-21-2017, 05:03 AM
While I totally agree with the need for stability and bug fixes, it also seems like this past release was driven by the band to coincide with the tour.

So wonder if some of the release control isn't fully in NF hands.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. The timing and content of this release was meant to coincide with the tour. It was probably a long-standing commitment that needed to be kept, For The Greater Good Of Maiden. The bugs are frustrating (Hellhound immunity bug, especially), but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt on this one.

druid138-6195

Jofer16
04-21-2017, 05:12 AM
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. The timing and content of this release was meant to coincide with the tour. It was probably a long-standing commitment that needed to be kept, For The Greater Good Of Maiden. The bugs are frustrating (Hellhound immunity bug, especially), but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt on this one.

druid138-6195

Was the tour announced yesterday? All it takes is planning and it should have been ready bug free months ago. Man, you guys are just drinking the kool aid brain dead style. It's worse than I thought lol

Mizrael
04-21-2017, 07:10 AM
Bug:
-skill shard from todays daily login reward never made it into my inventory and the in game support button doesn't work...

Liebhild
04-21-2017, 07:59 AM
Shell Talisman on Red Troll doesn't work.

And Magus CR is ridicioulus. Freezes always whole team for 2 rounds.

Mummy still is taumting almost always the whole team.

My Angel Of Fear never stuns, but if I get attacked by an AoF, piff, stuned - ALWAYS.
Also First Blood is lottery.

DaveMurray
04-21-2017, 09:01 AM

And Magus CR is ridicioulus. Freezes always whole team for 2 rounds.

Mummy still is taumting almost always the whole team.

My Angel Of Fear never stuns, but if I get attacked by an AoF, piff, stuned - ALWAYS.
Also First Blood is lottery.

They want defences to hold and they give better probabilities on skills and talismans to proc, that's why everything procs for AI and almost everytime defender goes first.

zdm-1083
04-21-2017, 11:01 AM
RNG is RNG guys.

About:

Work on mine AFAIS.

powerslave74
04-21-2017, 11:03 AM
Hey Nodding Frog,

I have learned to absolutely dread updates! There is simply no excitement in them at all, no anticipation whatsoever for them from me. The only thing that I can now depend on them for is new bugs and no real fix for existing bugs.

While some people have decided to fool themselves about the quality of the update, the bulk of posts in this thread are filled with resounding disappointment for the quality of an update masked by the shiny new novelties your company has produced. Which makes me wonder how much longer your player base will support you and the continually flawed state of your product.

I just want to ask a few things (and anyone of you can answer these at anytime). Why does this continue to happen? Why can your team not release one update without a plethora of new issues? Is anything being done to prevent this in the future? Should I just give up on the investment I've made into your game? Can I even attempt to ask for my money back at this point?

I agree that updates have been something to dread; mostly taking one step forward and two steps back. It is nice to possibly receive new shiny toys, like with the Shaman Eddie from this past update, but it also seems that many other things get broken in the process of giving us new shiny toys and trying to fix things that are wrong with the game. While, I can not speak for anyone else, I do not fool myself about the quality of any update that is being or has been released. The player base does seem to be shrinking, I have lost many long time troopers who have quit the game because they are bored with it; no new areas to play the game since Lord of Light was released. PvP was a nice addition, but it seems that many like myself would rather play the different areas of the game instead of playing PvP. For me, it is largely due to loyalty to all of my troopers.

I, like many others have spent some money on this game. I do not look at it as investing in anything. Please do not look at it as an investment. I feel an investment is something that should make you money. No game is ever an investment. We should all play games for fun, sometimes they cost us nothing more than time, sometimes they cost us time and money. We each have to decide when we have reached the amount of time or money that we are willing to spend on a game. If these are reached and we are not having fun playing anymore, then it is time to quit, or at least take a break from the game. I do not want to see you quit the game, I have enjoyed your posts and have learned a lot from you and I am very thankful for all of the trooper badges that you have given me throughout our time teamed up together.

I think this continues to happen because of the crappy code that was written into the game before Nodding Frog inherited the game from Roadhouse. I have seen this type of thing happen before. While I am not proud to admit this, I played Farmville on Facebook for several years. There were many problems with the game. As I understand it, most of the problems were due to bad code that was written by the original programmers. While Zynga has always owned the game, there was constant turnover in their programming department. New programmers were constantly writing new code over top of the bad code that was originally put into the game. I think that this is probably the reason for the updates being the way they are. It seems to be very hard work for a group of new programmers to write new code into an existing game that had a bunch of problems from the start.

blade685
04-21-2017, 11:23 AM
eternal loading in pvp, can't play and lose battle system when game crash or don't stop loading is very good in that case :mad:
I close the game for today, it's impossible to play ...

Jofer16
04-21-2017, 12:53 PM
Just awoke from a dream where I was riding atop the Neverending Story's Falcor playing a bug free LotB, oh what a feeling haha. Come on NF squad, squash these bugs and make us proud!

blackbolt
04-21-2017, 01:09 PM
I think this continues to happen because of the crappy code that was written into the game before Nodding Frog inherited the game from Roadhouse.

I think exactly the same, I can imagine hundreds of lines of uncommented, poorly written code /Ö\ the DEVs have all my simpathy.

BillLion
04-21-2017, 02:14 PM
I lost 2 battles on PVP just this morning because artillery dog's passive immunity doesn't work when you lose the coin toss (no prisoner, etc. on other team).

Redundant, but the bugs are making a great game very unpleasant.

Caretaker
04-21-2017, 02:34 PM
About green bot's shield letting dmg through... I figured out that in my case it was due to AoS block passive, troll shields raised before or void shield raised before. So what I've reported is due to shield order and block passive.

Killhouse
04-21-2017, 03:07 PM
I lost 2 battles on PVP just this morning because artillery dog's passive immunity doesn't work when you lose the coin toss (no prisoner, etc. on other team).

Redundant, but the bugs are making a great game very unpleasant.

I've seen a few weird ones today, including the above and my fav was seeing characters die from a direct hit while endure was on (both on my team and the other team). Oh and buffs were disappearing immediately before your next action (buff is applied, you get your next action to decide and buffs are gone).

Its a funky morning! Gotta have fun!

Enti
04-21-2017, 03:09 PM
Yup, I experienced this first and was doing my usual way of decomposing the 3 hit shield when noticed damage is received by defense - checked the buffs and saw another one, that is the only explanation that one shield overrides the other. Dunno bout order though whether it's about casting or the type of shield, tbh I don't even care :D

Off-topic: HomemLivre, make space in your inbox, I can't reply

Zapathusara
04-21-2017, 03:31 PM
I think this continues to happen because of the crappy code that was written into the game before Nodding Frog inherited the game from Roadhouse.

If I recall correctly, Sparton said long ago that skill shards have this issue. They cant change or reduce the levels in each skill.
Coding is both an art an a curse. I've seen people naming vars alphabetically.

On bugs, the +15% Defense Talis is not applying. Saw this is 2 toons, from two players.

Ignatius92
04-21-2017, 05:13 PM

druid138-6195

the intuitions of the posters appear to be right on. Read an article online and the update of the Mayan Battle ground was absolutely meant to coincide with the final leg of the Souls Tour. Article also stated that in the coming months the game will include the Trooper and Clairvoyant Eddies along with Night City -- But it is clear that this and more LOTB updates will in fact mirror actual Maiden tours or events.

article online is at

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maiden-brings-the-book-of-souls-arena-to-legacy-of-the-beast-mobile-game/

Zapathusara
04-21-2017, 05:26 PM
the intuitions of the posters appear to be right on. Read an article online and the update of the Mayan Battle ground was absolutely meant to coincide with the final leg of the Souls Tour. Article also stated that in the coming months the game will include the Trooper and Clairvoyant Eddies along with Night City -- But it is clear that this and more LOTB updates will in fact mirror actual Maiden tours or events.

article online is at

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maiden-brings-the-book-of-souls-arena-to-legacy-of-the-beast-mobile-game/

Nice. I understood Clairvoyant will be the toon one, not an eddie. Trooper Eddie may be the one-year gift. Would be nice it be both an achivement and event, so old players get the gift, but new ones stand a chance. And would be nicer if in between we get BNW (desperate to farm somewhere else than Underworld) and iron the many bugs.

HomemLivre
04-21-2017, 06:32 PM
Yup, I experienced this first and was doing my usual way of decomposing the 3 hit shield when noticed damage is received by defense - checked the buffs and saw another one, that is the only explanation that one shield overrides the other. Dunno bout order though whether it's about casting or the type of shield, tbh I don't even care :D

Off-topic: HomemLivre, make space in your inbox, I can't reply

Cleared my box, sorry :P

Sparton_LOTB
04-21-2017, 06:47 PM
Sparton, I found another bug that carried over from the last update. Cyborg's Dead Eye basic attack still occasionally stalls the game.

Edit: Also just had the game stall when facing a Mummy Eddie in PVP who used his Burden of the Damned basic attack. As soon as his 3-tap animation was up, he just stared at my team and did nothing. If it matters, as he was going through his animation, I put the game into x2 speed. Not sure if that is what caused the freeze. It sucks how all of these bugs make us lose VP when we refresh.

Y'know, the fact that this bug also seems to affect Mummy's BotD basic attack makes me believe that this bug affects all Eddie 3-tap basic attacks (and maybe even the ally toons who have such a basic attack).

Very odd. I've passed those along to the team.

mikmar
04-21-2017, 07:29 PM
I don't understand the chars behaviour on the arena.
Too many bugs to play pvp right now.

Silentknight
04-21-2017, 07:41 PM
Another brutal update. Nothing fixed! More things broken!!! Absolutely ruined PvP this week. Nice one!

Killhouse
04-21-2017, 08:14 PM
Although I'm pleased that the lists have been fixed to include higher ranked players (much to my own personal pain), the seem to have also reverted back to having the same pool of 10-15 players populate the 10 spaces each time. Repeated clears today are continually populating the same people, which I'm sure are getting annoyed at seeing my name again and again...

Anyone else noticing this too?

Tritium
04-21-2017, 08:56 PM
I hope Hellhound and AD get their immunity passive fixed soon. Lost a few battles with my HH that I would've definitely won if his passive functioned correctly. Makes me realize how much I rely on that little pony-dog.

Tritium
04-22-2017, 01:41 AM
Just experienced another bug regarding 3-tap moves. This time the game stalled after a Sentinel Corrupt Droid used its 3-tap power move. Now I'm convinced this bug is affecting ALL 3-tap moves of any and every character.

slauki
04-22-2017, 01:47 AM
hey sparton, may i ask about BNW? i read about night city and new eddies, but BNW wasn't mentioned, ss i'm somewhat curious about the state of it. Is BNW canceled? What will be the next content update? sure ironing out bugs should have priority over new content, but farming LOL and UW is really getting old...

Kaz_LOTB
04-22-2017, 05:03 AM
hey sparton, may i ask about BNW? i read about night city and new eddies, but BNW wasn't mentioned, ss i'm somewhat curious about the state of it. Is BNW canceled? What will be the next content update? sure ironing out bugs should have priority over new content, but farming LOL and UW is really getting old...

While priorities may change, Brave New World is currently scheduled ahead of Night City. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before we can release it. But of course, I can't make any promises regarding specific release dates.

-Kaz

slauki
04-22-2017, 08:59 AM
While priorities may change, Brave New World is currently scheduled ahead of Night City. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before we can release it. But of course, I can't make any promises regarding specific release dates.

-Kaz

thank you very much for the answer, i hope thing's will be getting better soon for you guys.

i can confirm the three-tap-bug some people mentioned here. it hit me the first time today, no idea why. after visions (enemy) used his take all buttons disappeared and the game didn't want to move on. i tried to put it on autoplay, but nothing. congrats silentknight to this mighy hold :D

EDIT: 2nd time the same vs. silentknight, this time my visions caused the freeze.
his constalation seems to cause problems. fought jofer and anti and others with visions and everything worked fine. that's really annoying.
first week i was trying to go for top 10, and now this...pure frustration... (Playing on emulator andy)

ShadowedLies
04-22-2017, 12:58 PM
Has anyone on android had issues with the game loading after updating to Nouget? Game hangs on the NF screen on Samsung Galaxy S6.

mjmxiii
04-22-2017, 06:32 PM
I, like many others have spent some money on this game. I do not look at it as investing in anything. Please do not look at it as an investment. I feel an investment is something that should make you money. No game is ever an investment. We should all play games for fun, sometimes they cost us nothing more than time, sometimes they cost us time and money. We each have to decide when we have reached the amount of time or money that we are willing to spend on a game. If these are reached and we are not having fun playing anymore, then it is time to quit, or at least take a break from the game. I do not want to see you quit the game, I have enjoyed your posts and have learned a lot from you and I am very thankful for all of the trooper badges that you have given me throughout our time teamed up together.

Hey Powerslave,

I appreciate the concern with me leaving the game or taking a break dude.. genuinely. I'm still here though bro, still holding out hope for these cats to fix what's broken. Running through trooper list a bit late but I'm almost through it. Being as patient and quiet as possible and understand fixing what's broken may be easier said than done.

I always think of it as making a donation as the game is technically free. Figured buying stuff would help the team out and have given quite a few donations. Really do enjoy LotB even with its shortcomings and will continue to support it. Trying to stay away from posts as most are rants right now lol. So anyone who reads this, sincerest apologies for my negativity lately.

But, at the same time, since NF does listen to the community, I think it's important that we all collectively give them a kick in the ass to get this game where it needs to be. Like others have stated and I believe as well, so much potential with this game. I will always give credit when its due, but I just can't be ok with being let down repeatedly. None of us should be ok with that.

Anyway cheers and please believe me when I say the last thing I wanna do is piss and moan about the latest game breaking bugs. None of us do. Have a good weekend everyone! Up the irons! 🤘

Silentknight
04-22-2017, 06:35 PM
Hey Powerslave,

I appreciate the concern with me leaving the game or taking a break dude.. genuinely. I'm still here though bro, still holding out hope for these cats to fix what's broken. Running through trooper list a bit late but I'm almost through it. Being as patient and quiet as possible and understand fixing what's broken may be easier said than done.

I always think of it as making a donation as the game is technically free. Figured buying stuff would help the team out and have given quite a few donations. Really do enjoy LotB even with its shortcomings and will continue to support it. Trying to stay away from posts as most are rants right now lol. So anyone who reads this, sincerest apologies for my negativity lately.

But, at the same time, since NF does listen to the community, I think it's important that we all collectively give them a kick in the ass to get this game where it needs to be. Like others have stated and I believe as well, so much potential with this game. I will always give credit when its due, but I just can't be ok with being let down repeatedly. None of us should be ok with that.

Anyway cheers and please believe me when I say the last thing I wanna do is piss and moan about the latest game breaking bugs. None of us do. Have a good weekend everyone! Up the irons! 🤘

After 4 months I think we've earned the right to piss & moan. They should be grateful there's anyone left to piss & moan!

Tritium
04-22-2017, 06:44 PM
i can confirm the three-tap-bug some people mentioned here. it hit me the first time today, no idea why. after visions (enemy) used his take all buttons disappeared and the game didn't want to move on. i tried to put it on autoplay, but nothing.

I figured I couldn't have been the only one who experienced this bug. I'm glad you posted about it as well because the more people who confirm it, the more attention it'll bring to this awful bug and get it squashed. It's weird how this happens; NF really must have inherited some shit code from RH.

slauki
04-22-2017, 07:25 PM
I figured I couldn't have been the only one who experienced this bug. I'm glad you posted about it as well because the more people who confirm it, the more attention it'll bring to this awful bug and get it squashed. It's weird how this happens; NF really must have inherited some shit code from RH.

problem is, i had 250 fights this week and this only happend twice against this specific opponent. do you remember which team you have fought, so that the devs can try to dererminate a pattern. quite paranoid now to use visios take :-)

btw tritium do you have one trooper slot open for me, would be happy with another forum member :D

Tritium
04-22-2017, 07:51 PM
problem is, i had 250 fights this week and this only happend twice against this specific opponent. do you remember which team you have fought, so that the devs can try to dererminate a pattern. quite paranoid now to use visios take :-)

btw tritium do you have one trooper slot open for me, would be happy with another forum member :D

I don't remember the teams, but I do know that the bug happened so often when I would use my Cyborg's "Dead Eye" attack that I completely stopped using it altogether. I originally thought that he was the only character affected with the bug because of how often it happened (roughly about 1-3 times a day for a while there when I was PVPing).

Aren't we already troopers? I could've sworn I've had you added for a while now haha. Your champ is a CRE, yea? I'm using my Cyborg as a champ.

Sparton_LOTB
04-22-2017, 07:56 PM
Just experienced another bug regarding 3-tap moves. This time the game stalled after a Sentinel Corrupt Droid used its 3-tap power move. Now I'm convinced this bug is affecting ALL 3-tap moves of any and every character.

i can confirm the three-tap-bug some people mentioned here. it hit me the first time today, no idea why. after visions (enemy) used his take all buttons disappeared and the game didn't want to move on. i tried to put it on autoplay, but nothing. congrats silentknight to this mighy hold :D]

Well, I was originally going to say make sure you have login details noted down and give a reinstall a shot, but your guys' correspondence makes it seem like it might not be corrupt data at fault. A clear cache/reinstall may help, though (we know a lot of weird bugs were caused due to corrupt data being delivered from a CDN around the time the update went live).

I'll make sure to follow up with the team on Monday with details about the teams you guys were using/against to see if that helps us reproduce the issue.

slauki
04-22-2017, 08:52 PM
Well, I was originally going to say make sure you have login details noted down and give a reinstall a shot, but your guys' correspondence makes it seem like it might not be corrupt data at fault. A clear cache/reinstall may help, though (we know a lot of weird bugs were caused due to corrupt data being delivered from a CDN around the time the update went live).

I'll make sure to follow up with the team on Monday with details about the teams you guys were using/against to see if that helps us reproduce the issue.

since my emulators were shot down i installed a fresh andy emulator after the update. so it's impossible that old data corrupted new data. so you can scratch this from the list, if it helps :)

I don't remember the teams, but I do know that the bug happened so often when I would use my Cyborg's "Dead Eye" attack that I completely stopped using it altogether. I originally thought that he was the only character affected with the bug because of how often it happened (roughly about 1-3 times a day for a while there when I was PVPing).

Aren't we already troopers? I could've sworn I've had you added for a while now haha. Your champ is a CRE, yea? I'm using my Cyborg as a champ.

oh damn you are right, me noob :D

Tritium
04-22-2017, 09:39 PM
since my emulators were shot down i installed a fresh andy emulator after the update. so it's impossible that old data corrupted new data. so you can scratch this from the list, if it helps :)

oh damn you are right, me noob :D

Haha, all good man.

I can also confirm that old data isn't corrupting my game either, as I installed a new version of LOTB on MEmu's Lollipop version. Also uninstalled and reinstalled the game on my phone after the update.

gmac
04-23-2017, 12:11 AM
Wtf is going on in the forum? LoL

Guys saw that? Late push for 5th, BadTaste is relentless... damn. He'll be a force.

Sorry to see Killhouse drop from podium, but congrats Nicko!(payback first wee beta?)

EDIT: New talismans available at arena store. (what are strike and regen passives?)

Cheers
gmac

Silentknight
04-23-2017, 12:23 AM

Guys saw that? Late push for 5th, BadTaste is relentless... damn. He'll be a force.

Sorry to see Killhouse drop from podium, but congrats Nicko!(payback first wee beta?)

EDIT: New talismans available at arena store. (what are strike and regen passives?)

Cheers
gmac
Buy at own risk!!! Immunity & shell work about 75% of the time! Typical...can't get rid of bugs but they'll keep taking ur $

Nicko
04-23-2017, 12:26 AM

Cheers
gmac

I was just trying to stay 200 in front of you and Badtaste. Knew you guys would be there to the wire...with Carlos a threat as well.

Then saw Killhouse was in reach and went for it. After I had a 70 point lead relaxed and went to the forum - and ever the gentleman - saw
Killhouse had pm'd me earlier that he was going to dinner and done for the evening if I wanted to go for third.

Killhouse - that was pretty cool...

Tritium
04-23-2017, 12:36 AM
Interesting, the new red talismans are a 3-set. That either means they'll be insanely good or not worth using at all haha. If they are good, it will take 3 weeks (!!) to build a full set of one subtype (all fierce, all safeguard, etc.). Wonder what the blue set does. My first guess is that it provides something like Visions Eddie's regen skill for a turn or two at the start of battle. Don't have enough iron coins to buy these puppies and experiment with them just yet.

This PVP week has been insane; I'm kinda glad it's over haha. When Nicko makes his usual thread, I'll be curious to see what everyone else thought.

gmac
04-23-2017, 12:51 AM
@Silentknight, man, you make me laugh, a lot... haha.
But I bought the whole damn store, sorcery and skilled too... never know when they will be back... and frankly, no good use of iron coins anyways... now to figure out what they actually do.

@Nicko, damn, I saw Killhouse pm me too, shit, I should have stayed put, once you move, everybody moves... I hope at least his Saturday plans goes as he hopped :/ I like Killhouse and I'm glad he is back.

And @BadTaste, awesome defense, and excellent battle, thanks, and hope you join us here.

Silentknight
04-23-2017, 01:01 AM
@Silentknight, man, you make me laugh, a lot... haha.
But I bought the whole damn store, sorcery and skilled too... never know when they will be back... and frankly, no good use of iron coins anyways... now to figure out what they actually do.

Happy to provide some entertainment but, when I get 20+ attacks every time I pick up phone. Could care less about attacks but when u try & fight back it's extremely disheartening to be constantly plaqued with bugs!!! When talismans don't work entire team is left with about 10% hp! How the fuck u supposed to recover from that? But hey,Nodding Frog will keep taking ur $ so it's all good,right???

gmac
04-23-2017, 01:22 AM
Happy to provide some entertainment but, when I get 20+ attacks every time I pick up phone. Could care less about attacks but when u try & fight back it's extremely disheartening to be constantly plaqued with bugs!!! When talismans don't work entire team is left with about 10% hp! How the fuck u supposed to recover from that? But hey,Nodding Frog will keep taking ur $ so it's all good,right???

Man, I woke up with 36 attacks received, yeah, at least 400 pts down, brutal.

Middle of the day I was doing good, but I could not move. Got better latter in the day, but still, lot of attacks received.

And bugs, this should be top priority...

Silentknight
04-23-2017, 01:30 AM
Man, I woke up with 36 attacks received, yeah, at least 400 pts down, brutal.

Middle of the day I was doing good, but I could not move. Got better latter in the day, but still, lot of attacks received.

And bugs, this should be top priority...
Could care less about attacks...as long as we're all the same. Haven't heard many others complaining about talismans bug,except Trit. So makes me wonder if it's only a few of us. Plus,no exaggeration,25% of the time they're non-existent! Others complain about 2× out of 250...really??? Must be nice!!! Especially when u played them 2× today without talismans. 1 of ur holds today was the same, the other one u won fair n square! Hope u have better luck than me!!!
P.S. still can't purchase souls or skill shard from arena store...been like this since day 1! Can these clowns fix anything!!!

Askora
04-23-2017, 01:50 AM
I've made several comments about talismans not working. The prisoner blocks them, it's been that way since the Apr 11th update. I was facing lists with 7 or 8 prisoner teams at the time. Extremely frustrating to know that nothing is going to work for your offense.

Silentknight
04-23-2017, 01:53 AM
I've made several comments about talismans not working. The prisoner blocks them, it's been that way since the Apr 11th update. I was facing lists with 7 or 8 prisoner teams at the time. Extremely frustrating to know that nothing is going to work for your offense.

Just off the top of my head but Gmac & slauki don't have prisoners so...
Seems as tho AoF gets multiple extra turns now too. Not just when revived!

Askora
04-23-2017, 02:25 AM
Possible there are other bugs. I do know that the prisoner breaks talismans though. Energy, blind and invisiblity are all high proc talismans and when they never work against a prisoner team I can't believe that my luck is just that bad. I've had prisoner still blocking even after he's dead, which isn't fun either.

Silentknight
04-23-2017, 02:39 AM
Possible there are other bugs. I do know that the prisoner breaks talismans though. Energy, blind and invisiblity are all high proc talismans and when they never work against a prisoner team I can't believe that my luck is just that bad. I've had prisoner still blocking even after he's dead, which isn't fun either.

Kinda pathetic how most in here find this normal! Not our job to report bugs! Half this shit shouldn't even be released before testing but it's pretty obvious Nodding Frog doesn't give a fuck about it's customers/players!!! I don't kiss ass either so I'll never get a response anyways!

Askora
04-23-2017, 02:44 AM
I've never gotten any acknowledgement on any of my posts. So, I'm pretty much done with bug reporting. I agree that they need to do a lot more testing before releasing the updates. The one at the beginning of February had my RTTH Eddie killing himself, and if he didn't do it when my SGS healed he'd apparently pull all the HP from poor old RTTH Eddie. That part at least got fixed, but even more bugs introduced with each new update.

Silentknight
04-23-2017, 02:47 AM
I've never gotten any acknowledgement on any of my posts. So, I'm pretty much done with bug reporting. I agree that they need to do a lot more testing before releasing the updates. The one at the beginning of February had my RTTH Eddie killing himself, and if he didn't do it when my SGS healed he'd apparently pull all the HP from poor old RTTH Eddie. That part at least got fixed, but even more bugs introduced with each new update.
Probably forgot to say 'pretty please' or 'pass the lube'!

Askora
04-23-2017, 02:51 AM
Something like that. I'm not gonna let it get to me though. Getting burned out anyway and nothing new doesn't help. I've played religiously for the past 4 months and just tired at this point.

Silentknight
04-23-2017, 02:57 AM
Something like that. I'm not gonna let it get to me though. Getting burned out anyway and nothing new doesn't help. I've played religiously for the past 4 months and just tired at this point.
Yeah man, join the club!!!

Askora
04-23-2017, 03:03 AM
I know. A lot of the people in the forum have been playing far longer than I have. Not sure if I have that kind of fortitude. Just playing troopers seems like a chore nowadays, and not knowing what bugs I have to face in pvp makes things even worse.

Silentknight
04-23-2017, 03:10 AM
I know. A lot of the people in the forum have been playing far longer than I have. Not sure if I have that kind of fortitude. Just playing troopers seems like a chore nowadays, and not knowing what bugs I have to face in pvp makes things even worse.
7 months here. Just about reached my limit! On a serious note, if u do want a response to something make sure u put it in the 'right' spot. Apparently that's pretty important around here. More important than let's say...fixing bugs!!!

Askora
04-23-2017, 03:12 AM
I've posted in the update threads. I've sent emails, which at least get me a pleasant thank you. Doesn't seem to make a difference.

Silentknight
04-23-2017, 03:15 AM
I've posted in the update threads. I've sent emails, which at least get me a pleasant thank you. Doesn't seem to make a difference.

Yeah, Leviathan/Michelle is great! Bout the only positive I can speak of. Probably cuz she gets soooo much practice! Post in Bug Reports.

Askora
04-23-2017, 03:26 AM
If I post another one.

Silentknight
04-23-2017, 03:29 AM
If I post another one.

Lol, join the club again!

prin666team
04-23-2017, 05:35 AM
Cancerbero not apply inmunity in first turn of the battle

Kutte
04-23-2017, 08:36 AM
lol new red talismans are quite worthless. visions is stealing the buff every single time. with everybody and his/her cat is using visions they doesn't make much sense.

BadTaste
04-23-2017, 08:59 AM
@BadTaste, awesome defense, and excellent battle, thanks, and hope you join us here.

Thank you Gmac and congrats for an excellent win vs me, it was a great race! Long time since I had this much fun playing LOTB :cool: Lets do it again some time :) By the time we reached PVP reset I had a 184 win streak, which is for me amazing. Never had this high win streak b4. I also was attacked alot, especially the last hours b4 reset that kept dragging me down... But I don't mind, ending 5 or 6 or 57 dosent matter for me, I play for fun! :)

And congrats to my troopers that ended top 3!

URock
04-23-2017, 11:02 AM
No information about the new talismans? The ingame infos are...not sufficient!

gmac
04-23-2017, 11:28 AM
Thank you Gmac and congrats for an excellent win vs me, it was a great race! Long time since I had this much fun playing LOTB :cool: Lets do it again some time :) By the time we reached PVP reset I had a 184 win streak, which is for me amazing. Never had this high win streak b4. I also was attacked alot, especially the last hours b4 reset that kept dragging me down... But I don't mind, ending 5 or 6 or 57 dosent matter for me, I play for fun! :)

And congrats to my troopers that ended top 3!

Hey man, did no realize you were already a forum member.
184 win streak? wow, I can't do it at the moment. had a 80+ and slauki put me to rest.
I was really focused last 2 hours, you are a true warrior.

Congrats Enti on Eternal, you really deserve it :)

Jofer16
04-23-2017, 12:57 PM
lol new red talismans are quite worthless. visions is stealing the buff every single time. with everybody and his/her cat is using visions they doesn't make much sense.

I had some fun with them last night. Was expirimenting with some new teams working with both new sets. I think I lost to BENGIO like 4 times in a row playing around haha. The counters can be really cool on the right characters. Still fine tuning but it's promising so far. Can't really rely on testing team defense with expirimenting, I'll usually just jump into arena and then fine tune when I lose for whatever caused it.

fred10141988
04-23-2017, 12:59 PM
No information about the new talismans? The ingame infos are...not sufficient!

I want to know too.

Could somebody explains the new red and blue talismans?

Aristo4
04-23-2017, 01:01 PM
I want to know too.

Could somebody explains the new red and blue talismans?

Jofer16
04-23-2017, 01:11 PM
I just fought a team who had their hellhound equipped with these talisman. And got attack every time I went.

Basically my mummy went first. Then their hell hound counter my mummy even though I was attacking their G.R.E.

Next, I use my Magus Golden Son and attack their NOMAD. Then the hell hound counter my Golden Son.

After, I use my troll and attack their G.R.E. Then their hell hound counter my troll.

Lastly, I use my A.G.S and attack their G.R.E. Then their hellhound counter my G.S.

Anyways from my understanding these talisman is only suppose to counter the enemy that attacks you. Yet that wasn't the case.

Sparton or Kaz can you explain this..

Edit: I will try to make a video that better explain this....

No video necessary, I can explain it, working as intended.

Sounds like you're using AoE attacks which are also hitting Hellhound. it's who is attacked, not who is targeted when you do said attack. Reflect shields work the same way, if you have a shield up that bounces back damage, it's going to trigger counter attacks against you. Once there's multiple sets of these available AoE/shield reflect teams are gonna get murdered by them.

Guessing they did it to weaken the AoE/shield meta, my Samurai was flying around like a madman last night haha

hold
04-23-2017, 01:17 PM
No video necessary, I can explain it, working as intended.

Sounds like you're using AoE attacks which are also hitting Hellhound. it's who is attacked, not who is targeted when you do said attack. Reflect shields work the same way, if you have a shield up that bounces back damage, it's going to trigger counter attacks against you. Once there's multiple sets of these available AoE/shield reflect teams are gonna get murdered by them.

Guessing they did it to weaken the AoE/shield meta, my Samurai was flying around like a madman last night haha

Is the revenge attack or the counter strike a "perfect" hit or is it random?

Could a revenge attack trigger an effect from a talisman like blind, energy, stun, freeze and that sort? Did you notice any of this? Maybe the devs can clarify this - thanks in advance.

Jofer16
04-23-2017, 01:24 PM
Is the revenge attack or the counter strike a "perfect" hit or is it random?

Could a revenge attack trigger an effect from a talisman like blind, energy, stun, freeze and that sort? Did you notice any of this? Maybe the devs can clarify this - thanks in advance.

Seems buggy (surprise surprise haha), need to play around with it more today regarding talisman procs but usually abilities didn't seem to proc of basic, my Samurai would counter, it would say extra turn for his basic kicking in but then wouldn't attack again. And in another scenario with a different character I ran into cases where the counter seemed to get stuck in an infinite loop, the toon kept countering over and over until almost 2 enemies were dead.

hold
04-23-2017, 01:29 PM
Seems buggy (surprise surprise haha), need to play around with it more today regarding talisman procs but usually abilities didn't seem to proc of basic, my Samurai would counter, it would say extra turn for his basic kicking in but then wouldn't attack again. And in another scenario with a different character I ran into cases where the counter seemed to get stuck in an infinite loop, the toon kept countering over and over until almost 2 enemies were dead.

Cheers man ... that sounds interesting. I wonder what happens if both teams have a combination of those strike talismans and / or void shields up. Autoplay until first team down? :)

I bought the fierce and the safeguard but don't want to buy the the skilled - I rather wait for another week as I can't find skilled talismans any useful. Same with the sorcery ... don't want to waste my few iron coins :)

Jofer16
04-23-2017, 01:42 PM
Cheers man ... that sounds interesting. I wonder what happens if both teams have a combination of those strike talismans and / or void shields up. Autoplay until first team down? :)

I bought the fierce and the safeguard but don't want to buy the the skilled - I rather wait for another week as I can't find skilled talismans any useful. Same with the sorcery ... don't want to waste my few iron coins :)

Yeah I just bought them all to test, and you're exactly right. Once there's multiple sets of these available youre gonna see people crying about them. Think of a team with 3 sets of these against an AoE team. You could get like 10 attacks against you before the other team even takes a turn. Throw in reflect shields and things get crazy fast. Looking forward to the crying posts in a few weeks haha.

Counter abilities are a common thing in other PvP games, strictly to target AoE teams, that's the best way around them, make them kill themselves! Looks like they did it here to also target reflect shields. If teams have tons of shields and counters it's back to the taunt/autoplay fest. People will just sit back and watch each other's toons counter all day long instead of playing.

R1ck
04-23-2017, 01:43 PM
Any talismans with buffs are useless against VE teams.

Tritium
04-23-2017, 03:59 PM

These new talismans look quite appealing, but this^ is what concerns me. They'd be a huge investment to lose right away due to VE (who is all you encounter at the top). Guess it's another scenario of high risk/reward. VE has single-handidly changed the meta. Thank god that ugly gray bastard can't hit for shit haha.

Jofer16
04-23-2017, 04:00 PM
I was pretty bug free yesterday but I just had a couple in a row against mkultra. Both of us had counter talismans so maybe that's why. I killed his AoF with Samurai and it slowly sunk into the ground and my ability icons disappeared. Beware using these things, it's like trying to wield chaos lol. My Samurai and his AoF countered each other back and forth like 3 times. This mechanic is gonna be AWFUL when people are rocking tons of these. Putting the logic in to counter a counter is a terrible idea, if people thought taunting autoplay was bad before, oh man these things can run on infinite loops the way they set it up lol

Tritium
04-23-2017, 04:04 PM
I was pretty bug free yesterday but I just had a couple in a row against mkultra. Both of us had counter talismans so maybe that's why. I killed his AoF with Samurai and it slowly sunk into the ground and my ability icons disappeared. Beware using these things, it's like trying to wield chaos lol. My Samurai and his AoF countered each other back and forth like 3 times. This mechanic is gonna be AWFUL when people are rocking tons of these. Putting the logic in to counter a counter is a terrible idea, if people thought taunting autoplay was bad before, oh man these things can run on infinite loops the way they set it up lol

Haha, I for one welcome our infinite loop battle overlords. Buy up the popcorn now for next week after reset!

Jofer16
04-23-2017, 04:14 PM
Haha, I for one welcome our infinite loop battle overlords. Buy up the popcorn now for next week after reset!

Indeed, I'll be playing to "Can I Play with Madness" from now on lol. Wish I could sit in on some of these design discussions by whoever is deciding how to implement them. Being able to counter a counter is just fundamentally flawed in PvP due to that reason, RNG shines and it's a loop till death, thats why good PvP games dont allow it. It's like these guys have literally never played a PvP game in their lives and are trying to create one for the very first time. Stock up on your counter talismans, this is gonna get crazy :)

OdoyleRules
04-23-2017, 04:17 PM

I am just going to classify this Talisman as a 'bad idea.' If you want to take advantage of the counter strike, the player should be using the specific Lord of Light for this. Its like the developers are trying to take a group of toons' ability and try to give it to an already dominate character. There may be a specific BNW character that would minimize this ability.

BadTaste
04-23-2017, 04:35 PM

Just had a fight against a player who had a set of these strike talismans on his Prisoner. My first move was to use Take with my VE and in return he instantly stunned my VE for two turns. My VE are equipped with immunity talismans.

Jofer16
04-23-2017, 04:44 PM
Just had a fight against a player who had a set of these strike talismans on his Prisoner. My first move was to use Take with my VE and in return he instantly stunned my VE for two turns. My VE are equipped with immunity talismans.

Odoyle already mentioned that, like I said, AoE attacks are gonna get wrecked in a week when multiple toons can wear these. And when both teams have them, back and forth all day. Arena's about to get a lot more broken.

Kaz_LOTB
04-23-2017, 05:07 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks for posting details about the weirdness you are seeing with the new talismans. I'll explain what should and shouldn't be happening with them for reference:

Counter Attacks should be able to proc skill effects, including Talisman on-hit effects (i.e. Stun, Blind, Vamp, etc.)
A character with counter who takes damage from a counter attack or revenge proc should not trigger a counter attack.
Damage over time should not trigger a counter attack

We'll take note of the issues posted in this thread and prioritize getting a fix out for them. Do let us know if you see any other strange behavior you think may be related to their functionality.

-Kaz

Jofer16
04-23-2017, 05:14 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks for posting details about the weirdness you are seeing with the new talismans. I'll explain what should and shouldn't be happening with them for reference:

Counter Attacks should be able to proc skill effects, including Talisman on-hit effects (i.e. Stun, Blind, Vamp, etc.)
A character with counter who takes damage from a counter attack or revenge proc should not trigger a counter attack.

We'll take note of the issues posted in this thread and prioritize getting a fix out for them. Do let us know if you see any other strange behavior you think may be related to their functionality.

-Kaz

Thanks for letting us know, it might just be AoF, I noticed a lot of weirdness when using that specific toon with counter when attacking with it too.

BadTaste
04-23-2017, 05:16 PM

Thank you for the info.
Just to be clear, the skill effect used with counter attacks will override Immunity talismans?

Silentknight
04-23-2017, 05:19 PM
it's like these guys have literally never played a pvp game in their lives and are trying to create one for the very first time.
bingo!!!!!

Silentknight
04-23-2017, 05:25 PM
Hi guys,

-Kaz

How about why immunity & shell only work 75% of the time. They're not being removed,they aren't even there at the start of battle!

Silentknight
04-23-2017, 05:27 PM
Thanks for letting us know, it might just be AoF, I noticed a lot of weirdness when using that specific toon with counter when attacking with it too.

AoF is granting multiple extra turns,even b4 new talismans

Mizrael
04-23-2017, 05:49 PM
I love the logic of these developers!
Something gets nerfed because they think it's overperforming and with the next update they release something 10x worse. it's been the case ever since the first AoF nerf which brought the multi fire talisman proc, which created the "firestarter" WGS. then they nerfed CG and released GCR...and the list could go on all the way to mummy vs VE as the most recent "tuning"

the first thing which i thought when i saw these new talismans was "not a good idea!". they will turn into a devastating weapon in the wrong hands. so far this passive only belonged to useless characters but opening it to all is just not wise. plus you let it trigger talisman effects? even worse idea...(are NF seriously such noobs?!)
glad that at least the endless loop isn't intentional, just another bug in the collection.

but seriously guys: if you want to create some balance you need to step up your designer ideas a notch

Aristo4
04-23-2017, 05:52 PM
By the way PVP store for souls and skillshard still locked here. It was bad before, now we go for new records.

Tritium
04-23-2017, 06:24 PM
Yikes, I saw the Prisoner + Strike talismans combo as well. Being able to counter and stun for 2 turns (!!) is ridiculously OP. I'm beginning to agree with everyone who has said that these new strike talismans are a bad idea. The regen ones are defensive, so no qualms there, but counter attack for every toon is a HORRIBLE idea. I can already imagine the pain of a full red team with strike talismans...no bueno. It's a cool idea in theory and definitely shows creativity, but it's a bad idea in practice. :\

Kaz_LOTB
04-23-2017, 06:40 PM
Thank you for the info.
Just to be clear, the skill effect used with counter attacks will override Immunity talismans?

That sounds like a bug. Was it only the Prisoner that caused the effect? Or have you noticed it with other characters?

-Kaz

Tritium
04-23-2017, 07:06 PM
Just had the game freeze twice in a row in PVP. First time, it froze when an enemy VE used his Take 3-tap skill. Second time was when a Sentinel Droid used its 3-tap power skill. This bug is so frustrating that it's killing my desire to play PVP at all. I hope you guys are working on a fix for this asap because I don't know how much more of it I can take. The fact that we lose pts every time this bs happens equates it to a punch in the face. Le sigh.

Make 3-tap skills great again...

BillLion
04-23-2017, 07:43 PM
Yikes, I saw the Prisoner + Strike talismans combo as well. Being able to counter and stun for 2 turns (!!) is ridiculously OP. I'm beginning to agree with everyone who has said that these new strike talismans are a bad idea. The regen ones are defensive, so no qualms there, but counter attack for every toon is a HORRIBLE idea. I can already imagine the pain of a full red team with strike talismans...no bueno. It's a cool idea in theory and definitely shows creativity, but it's a bad idea in practice. :\

They are a really bad idea -no need for them really...

BadTaste
04-23-2017, 07:51 PM
That sounds like a bug. Was it only the Prisoner that caused the effect? Or have you noticed it with other characters?

-Kaz

I have only seen these talismans in use once and it was caused by the Prisoner only.

BG840
04-23-2017, 07:59 PM
Geez I wonder how long it's gonna take to unlock my arena store stuff. This has been going on for over a month now. After the reset unlock times have gotten longer and longer.

Sparton_LOTB
04-23-2017, 08:10 PM
How about why immunity & shell only work 75% of the time. They're not being removed,they aren't even there at the start of battle!

slauki gave us a specific scenario earlier in this thread relating to Warrior Troll, but if you see a situation where they aren't there at the start of battle, take a screenshot and post it in the Bug Reports (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/forumdisplay.php?35) subforum. These kinds of bugs are usually down to specific team compositions, so knowing who was involved helps with ensuring we'll have a fix.

CanyptianFit
04-23-2017, 08:11 PM
Was wondering if you used a yellow undead allied soldier with the retaliate talismans would he generate an extra turn for the team too.

Yeah, it does trigger the words, but no other turns granted.

Worth a shot. 😜

Tritium
04-23-2017, 08:15 PM
Was wondering if you used a yellow undead allied soldier with the retaliate talismans would he generate an extra turn for the team too.

Worth a shot. 😜

That's some out-of-the-box thinking haha. Afaik, extra turns don't work with counterattacks. Shame, but I understand why haha.

Silentknight
04-23-2017, 08:52 PM
slauki gave us a specific scenario earlier in this thread relating to Warrior Troll, but if you see a situation where they aren't there at the start of battle, take a screenshot and post it in the Bug Reports (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/forumdisplay.php?35) subforum. These kinds of bugs are usually down to specific team compositions, so knowing who was involved helps with ensuring we'll have a fix.

Lol,probably not gunna happen...don't know how to post screen shots. Will read thru forum instructions when I have time to see if I can figure it out. Thx anyways Sparton!

Sparton_LOTB
04-23-2017, 09:12 PM

Worth a shot. 😜

That's some out-of-the-box thinking haha. Afaik, extra turns don't work with counterattacks. Shame, but I understand why haha.

Yeah, I remember when one of the guys on the team saw that the Warrior Child of the Damned wasn't getting extra turns when it got a kill on a counter... I was like "are you high? There's so many problems that would cause..."

Lol,probably not gunna happen...don't know how to post screen shots. Will read thru forum instructions when I have time to see if I can figure it out. Thx anyways Sparton!

Hm... I'll see if I can get some standardized steps noted down and posted in the Bug Reports subforum next week or something then.

If you can't post a screenshot, telling us know what characters were on your team/what were on their team, and what talisman set effects (if any) you could tell were on what characters, that would be enough.

Tritium
04-23-2017, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I remember when one of the guys on the team saw that the Warrior Child of the Damned wasn't getting extra turns when it got a kill on a counter... I was like "are you high? There's so many problems that would cause..."

Haha, that's the perfect response.

Sparton, I'm curious, have you guys considered changing the PVP rewards? Right now, the rewards don't provide much incentive for people to go higher in the ranks ─ especially for those who get into the top 25. In most other games I've played in the past, the top 5 all got amazing rewards that decreased little by little from rank 1 to rank 5. Essentially, the top 5 all got varying levels of the same rewards, rather than all receiving the same reward except for rank 1. This system created competition among the top 5 players to battle it out for rank 2, 3, etc. Right now, the top 2-5 players all receive the same reward regardless of if they managed to nab rank 2 or just barely get in at rank 5.

The above is just one example of how rewards could be increased for the top players, but I also feel that better rewards for the lower ranks will also incentivize those players to perform better and spend more ironite to climb. Not to mention, the Warlord III VP requirements should be decreased a bit in the current state of the VP system (where defensive losses are heavily punitive). Has there ever been a time where 250 players have actually received that tier reward? The week of the Sparton 300 may have been the only time where such a thing happened, but that week is not indicative of how PVP normally goes. As such, you may want to reconsider the VP requirement for that tier reward, or, better yet, drop VP requirements completely and go off a rank-based system (which most games normally use).

slauki
04-23-2017, 09:56 PM

Sparton, I'm curious, have you guys considered changing the PVP rewards? Right now, the rewards don't provide much incentive for people to go higher in the ranks ─ especially for those who get into the top 25. In most other games I've played in the past, the top 5 all got amazing rewards that decreased little by little from rank 1 to rank 5. Essentially, the top 5 all got varying levels of the same rewards, rather than all receiving the same reward except for rank 1. This system created competition among the top 5 players to battle it out for rank 2, 3, etc. Right now, the top 2-5 players all receive the same reward regardless of if they managed to nab rank 2 or just barely get in at rank 5.

The above is just one example of how rewards could be increased for the top players, but I also feel that better rewards for the lower ranks will also incentivize those players to perform better and spend more ironite to climb. Not to mention, the Warlord III VP requirements should be decreased a bit in the current state of the VP system (where defensive losses are heavily punitive). Has there ever been a time where 250 players have actually received that tier reward? The week of the Sparton 300 may have been the only time where such a thing happened, but that week is not indicative of how PVP normally goes. As such, you may want to reconsider the VP requirement for that tier reward, or, better yet, drop VP requirements completely and go off a rank-based system (which most games normally use).

couldn't agree more, posted some minutes ago in nickos weekly thread, that we need more carrots and less sticks...but you worded it much better :)

BillLion
04-23-2017, 09:57 PM

BINGO!!! Not enough people talk about this. Since you brought it back up I'll share my ideas when PVP went from beta to launch (originally posted on that update thread):

It's great that you've added skill shards for the top PVP prize winner, but the rest don't cut it to keep players engaged long term. Honestly, when I saw the PVP beta awards I thought they were good because there were no exclusives we had access to that nobody else could get. It made sense and was fair. But with worldwide release it makes no sense (UNLESS, this is a trial week to get everyone acclimated and the real prizes start next cycle). In the current setup, ONE person who spends the most time and ironite gets the grand prize (along with the other trimmings) of a legendary soul. "Oh boy, this could be the Cyborg Eddie I've been waiting for...OR it could be my 9th sentinel allied bomber boy." Once that happens, players are no longer motivated to grind. Seriously, it's lame.

To make PVP attractive enough for people to spend time and money on this after the thrill of new wears off you need EXCLUSIVE and ELUSIVE characters. Here is what a monthly cycle could/should look like:
Week #1 Top Prize -Navigator Eddie (or other new character) -top 100-250 players receive this (with different trimmings to different ranks/tiers). Not ONE person!
Week #2 Top Prize -Axis Commander
Week #3 Top prize -Navigator Eddie
Week #4 Top Prize -Cyborg Eddie (watch people spend for this!)

And just change this cycle every month with a new character or 2 and a couple existing characters.

This allows a new character to be introduced every month and a means to get it as well as to get old characters where RNG keeps disappointing us. And if we already have these characters? That's part of my next point.

The shop needs lots of love well beyond Valentine's Day! Some people will not compete for the top ranks, but will want to engage and may end up somewhere in the middle. After a few weeks they'll have more iron coins than they can spend. Once they determine there is little more room to climb without grinding or spending they'll back off since all the goodies are locked up even though they have $ to burn. A couple things:

Make exclusive characters available with enough iron coins -Wasn't the Trooper supposed to be here?
Take the locks of the shop items! Honestly, what is the point? Let people burn through them if they want. Even if you feel you had to lock the legendary souls, and God forbid the skill shards, why not leave the class rare souls available with RNG as bad as it is? Keep me wanting to grind!
Add gunner/assassin rare souls as others have said

Edit: I see I crossed posts with the honorable, Slauki. Agreed, my friend!

Silentknight
04-23-2017, 10:08 PM
AoF is granting multiple extra turns,even b4 new talismans

Just had a dead AoF grant team extra turn too,mkultra. AoF was dead,SSD killed one of my toons & presto!

Fister
04-23-2017, 11:26 PM
I don't like the new strike talismans one bit.

Imagine two team equiped to the teath with them. Both teams with the warrior troll that grants both teams a reflect shield. Whenever someone attack, instead of the hated taunt fest you now have a freaking flee fest, with toons from both teams just jumping/attacking like mad.

I would like PvP to be more than just setting up the domino's and push start.

Rygone
04-24-2017, 01:26 AM
Seriously NF have you tried the strike talisman set before release ? IT'S A FUCK!NG STUPID PIECE OF SH!T !!!

1 - Start a fight in pvp with my red troll who gave me some reflect shields
2 - The enemy got the first turn and his assassin golden son with strike talisman set attacked me
3 - My reflect shields return some damage to him then his strike talisman proc, he attacked me again and again my reflect shield return damage, then strike talis proc again and he attacked me again, then my reflect shield return damage, then his strike talis proc again on and on and on until I died without playing a single turn !!!

I'm done with this game, every udpdate brings tons of new bugs and ridiculous situations like this and I stil can't play on my tablet since the february 14th update.

Kamuz24z
04-24-2017, 02:32 AM
Strike talismans bad idea i can't use a warrior troll it reflects some damage and the talisman triggers every single time in a few weeks when we all have a few sets of these is going to destroy pvp give them a different ability this is not looking good or reduce the effect to one turn

Tritium
04-24-2017, 03:23 AM
After this update, I've noticed that enemies seem to heal for a portion of their hp after Cyborg's fury is unleashed on them. Their hp will drop down, then go back up a bit after the fury is over. I just had this happen against an enemy SSD and Magus GS.

Sparton_LOTB
04-24-2017, 04:33 AM
Sparton, I'm curious, have you guys considered changing the PVP rewards?

couldn't agree more, posted some minutes ago in nickos weekly thread, that we need more carrots and less sticks...but you worded it much better :)

BINGO!!! Not enough people talk about this.

While I can't promise exclusive character rewards for hundreds of people every week... something awesome's a-coming, don't you worry.

After this update, I've noticed that enemies seem to heal for a portion of their hp after Cyborg's fury is unleashed on them. Their hp will drop down, then go back up a bit after the fury is over. I just had this happen against an enemy SSD and Magus GS.

Unless you seen green numbers appear, healing is not occurring. That's probably something similar to what is known for Carriage Rider Eddie's fury, where in the middle of the attack it over-reports how much damage would be done, but once the skill finishes resolving it moves the current HP amounts seemingly backwards.

Silentknight
04-24-2017, 04:42 AM
While I can't promise exclusive character rewards for hundreds of people every week... something awesome's a-coming, don't you worry.

Can't wait!

Enti
04-24-2017, 08:53 AM
Hey man, did no realize you were already a forum member.
184 win streak? wow, I can't do it at the moment. had a 80+ and slauki put me to rest.
I was really focused last 2 hours, you are a true warrior.

Congrats Enti on Eternal, you really deserve it :)

Thank you man. Biggest factor for this was Jofer's and Nicko's unwillingness to burn ironites for this wrecked arena, second one was that I realized I had to stop making excuses and put the proper time in it.

When I read Jofer's post that he's not going for tops I was just checking the rankings every 5-10 minutes slowly being burned inside as I was watching my points draining.

I am one of those lucky guys who never for a single day benefited from the matchmaking system. At initial release, I had constantly over 300 attacks per week, just like Nicko and Homemlivre. Then came the first tuning, which left me 1:1 atk/def ratio (that's still hindering progress). Second tuning, back to 300, but Sparton made the post about matchmaking prioritizing people with similar ratios over the actual one, and I gave a shot to get a headstart right after reset. I got attacked ~120 times until 19th update (which is still trending to 300+ weekly, but given I made a massive number of attacks, I expected many revenges). Then came the third tuning, and I was attacked 400 additional times in that last 3.5 days. I was continuously losing points while going through my list with victories, even happened once I looked away for less than a minute and lost 60 points. Def rate also dropped from 40 to 30%, and IDC who gonna say it's imbalanced and way too high because of Visions Eddie, he is now designed for PvP, get over it.

I rarely rant, but what is the fairness and balance in this matchmaking?

The lack of motivation for this week's arena is clearly represented by the fact that I'm currently 6th position with using only the SoW refilled over time.

Sparton, this is going in an extremely wrong direction.
If there is some additional info in this thread (still 5 pages to read through) I'll edit my post, but this is ridiculous. Back to aiming top 25

Edit: corrected "lost 30 points" to 60 (typo)

Killhouse
04-24-2017, 01:02 PM
Thank you man. Biggest factor for this was Jofer's and Nicko's unwillingness to burn ironites for this wrecked arena, second one was that I realized I had to stop making excuses and put the proper time in it.

When I read Jofer's post that he's not going for tops I was just checking the rankings every 5-10 minutes slowly being burned inside as I was watching my points draining.

I am one of those lucky guys who never for a single day benefited from the matchmaking system. At initial release, I had constantly over 300 attacks per week, just like Nicko and Homemlivre. Then came the first tuning, which left me 1:1 atk/def ratio (that's still hindering progress). Second tuning, back to 300, but Sparton made the post about matchmaking prioritizing people with similar ratios over the actual one, and I gave a shot to get a headstart right after reset. I got attacked ~120 times until 19th update (which is still trending to 300+ weekly, but given I made a massive number of attacks, I expected many revenges). Then came the third tuning, and I was attacked 400 additional times in that last 3.5 days. I was continuously losing points while going through my list with victories, even happened once I looked away for less than a minute and lost 30 points. Def rate also dropped from 40 to 30%, and IDC who gonna say it's imbalanced and way too high because of Visions Eddie, he is now designed for PvP, get over it.

I rarely rant, but what is the fairness and balance in this matchmaking?

The lack of motivation for this week's arena is clearly represented by the fact that I'm currently 6th position with using only the SoW refilled over time.

Sparton, this is going in an extremely wrong direction.
If there is some additional info in this thread (still 5 pages to read through) I'll edit my post, but this is ridiculous. Back to aiming top 25

Congrats on Eternal.

Like you, I was at the top (#2) when the matchmaking update went in. It was a mess watching 20 points for each defense loss go down the drain and only 12 points available for wins. Glad you were able to hold #1. I managed to keep 4th so I'll take it.

1:1 could be successful if the point system was improved and you start fresh at the beginning of the week. Trying to force a 1:1 mid week just created a negative experience for those that put in time early on but we'll all survive and we always had the choice to give in.

I hear the strike talismans are wreaking havoc in the arena now too, should be fun when I have motivation to step back in there..

blackbolt
04-24-2017, 01:36 PM
Hi Sparton, i repost here 'cause i know you're monitoring this thread. I opened a new thread about a strange interaction between Vision Eddie's cleanse and Doom status, you can find it here:
http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5485-Doom-Cleanse-Kaboom!

Cheers

calizario
04-24-2017, 02:27 PM
Seriously NF have you tried the strike talisman set before release ? IT'S A FUCK!NG STUPID PIECE OF SH!T !!!

1 - Start a fight in pvp with my red troll who gave me some reflect shields
2 - The enemy got the first turn and his assassin golden son with strike talisman set attacked me
3 - My reflect shields return some damage to him then his strike talisman proc, he attacked me again and again my reflect shield return damage, then strike talis proc again and he attacked me again, then my reflect shield return damage, then his strike talis proc again on and on and on until I died without playing a single turn !!!

I'm done with this game, every udpdate brings tons of new bugs and ridiculous situations like this and I stil can't play on my tablet since the february 14th update.

I had the displeasure of it last night. I simply dropped my phone and stopped playing. Here's a question .. When the devs lick something do they test all this kind of situation? Any kind of shield that you use is death right and without playing, because whoever is with the strike will give a proc will loop until you die.

BillLion
04-24-2017, 02:42 PM
I had the displeasure of it last night. I simply dropped my phone and stopped playing. Here's a question .. When the devs lick something do they test all this kind of situation? Any kind of shield that you use is death right and without playing, because whoever is with the strike will give a proc will loop until you die.

Have also had this happen several times. So frustrating -no fun in it.

These talis equipped on several characters like AOF & Prisoner create major issues.

Is it too late to take a Mulligan, recall the talis & return iron coins to purchasers?

Liebhild
04-24-2017, 02:46 PM
I wonder when we get the lost ironite back, that we lost because of the bugs.

Enti
04-24-2017, 03:08 PM
I wonder when we get the lost ironite back, that we lost because of the bugs.

Only when you purchase a pack :D

Liebhild
04-24-2017, 03:12 PM
Only when you purchase a pack :D

I really wonder why purchasing isn't one of their special 50/50 chance.

Enti
04-24-2017, 03:14 PM
I really wonder why purchasing isn't one of their special 50/50 chance.

Like the winning chocolate wrappings, right? :D You buy 300 ironites and get the message: Sorry, you didn't win this time or Not a winner

Liebhild
04-24-2017, 03:17 PM
Exactly, sometimes you loose and sometimes the others win

RCarter
04-24-2017, 03:18 PM
Again, nothing quite like the thrill of victory in the arena, watching your last enemy die while all four of your team are loaded with health. Only to have that sweet victory stolen by yet another APMA3 crash, logging it as a defeat.

Seriously Sparton, my trooper, WT actual F is the plan on addressing this?

Enti
04-24-2017, 03:38 PM
Again, nothing quite like the thrill of victory in the arena, watching your last enemy die while all four of your team are loaded with health. Only to have that sweet victory stolen by yet another APMA3 crash, logging it as a defeat.

Seriously Sparton, my trooper, WT actual F is the plan on addressing this?

I think over my last week's 900 attacks I've experienced all APMA I can encounter. They might not be correct, but there were so many I can't recall properly

APMA0
APMA1
APMA2
APMA3
APMA5
APMA7
APMA10

Eddie_PL
04-24-2017, 06:23 PM
Before update I had 5-15 crystals from each secret location. Anyone noticed that from last update there is no ironite crystals from secret locations or just I have bad luck and not get one?

qazwer00
04-24-2017, 06:30 PM
Before update I had 5-15 crystals from each secret location. Anyone noticed that from last update there is no ironite crystals from secret locations or just I have bad luck and not get one?

bad luck, I got a bunch Yesterday

Monte47
04-24-2017, 07:06 PM
Take the locks of the shop items! Honestly, what is the point? Let people burn through them if they want. Even if you feel you had to lock the legendary souls, and God forbid the skill shards, why not leave the class rare souls available with RNG as bad as it is? Keep me wanting to grind!
Add gunner/assassin rare souls as others have said!

This. NF and Iron Maiden have gotten quite a bit of money out of me, but I'd probably spend even more on ironite in the arena if I could buy as many souls as I wanted.

Also, since the Legendary Souls are rarely rare characters, why not make it twice a month for purchase? Or add a rare soul, which is usually one of only three souls anyway.

slauki
04-24-2017, 08:48 PM
This. NF and Iron Maiden have gotten quite a bit of money out of me, but I'd probably spend even more on ironite in the arena if I could buy as many souls as I wanted.

Also, since the Legendary Souls are rarely rare characters, why not make it twice a month for purchase? Or add a rare soul, which is usually one of only three souls anyway.

really don't get why we cannot buy rare g/a souls once a week. some rainbow souls would be nice too, wouldn't hurt at all with this RNG.

aside from this:

i had three level 6 sacrifices so far, first gave me 4 g/a souls other two gave me 3 g/a souls. i know that some guys get 50 rares or 25 rainbows and so on. i think getting 3 g/a for all the premium characters
is a real bad reward, i felt kinda betrayed TBH. please consider to rise the amount of g/a souls since it's a huge imbalance between 50 rare sould and 3 g/a souls in terms of essence for the next sacrifice.

Tritium
04-24-2017, 09:35 PM
Sparton, I have a suggestion for a Visions Eddie tweak that will make him more balanced and stop the outcry over his "Take" ability. Simply put, make his "Take" basic attack unable to remove beneficial effects from any toon that has immunity. This will make it so that VE isn't such a first-round game-changer who can blow through talisman defenses. Instead, he'll be able to work as he currently does in the 2nd round when talisman immunity has evaporated. He'll still be incredibly useful.

Patrice-1201
04-24-2017, 09:39 PM
i had three level 6 sacrifices so far, first gave me 4 g/a souls other two gave me 3 g/a souls. i know that some guys get 50 rares or 25 rainbows and so on. i think getting 3 g/a for all the premium characters
is a real bad reward, i felt kinda betrayed TBH. please consider to rise the amount of g/a souls since it's a huge imbalance between 50 rare sould and 3 g/a souls in terms of essence for the next sacrifice.

Interesting... what have you all been awarded as level 5, 6 and 7 Sacrifices and Sparton please what is to be expected for each levels above 5 in terms of numbers and types of rewards as well as Vortex?

Tritium
04-24-2017, 10:49 PM
I also recall receiving a measly 2 rare G/A souls for a lvl 6 sacrifice. Was quite bummed, to say the least. Rare G/A souls really aren't that premium of souls these days (especially with the RNG), so it beats me how they're still considered to be that way due to the low payout for them in sacrifice rewards. If you ask me, at the very LEAST they should be rewarded out at half the amount you would've received for regular rare souls. So if you can receive 50 rare souls as a sacrifice reward, in that same tier you should be able to receive 25 G/A rare souls.

Fister
04-24-2017, 11:04 PM
Sparton, I have a suggestion for a Visions Eddie tweak that will make him more balanced and stop the outcry over his "Take" ability. Simply put, make his "Take" basic attack unable to remove beneficial effects from any toon that has immunity. This will make it so that VE isn't such a first-round game-changer who can blow through talisman defenses. Instead, he'll be able to work as he currently does in the 2nd round when talisman immunity has evaporated. He'll still be incredibly useful.

If you ask me and my red pyro he would be worthless.

Tritium
04-24-2017, 11:15 PM
If you ask me and my red pyro he would be worthless.

Counters don't make toons worthless overall. AoF is countered big time by GRE, yet you don't see people not using him because of that one counter.

However, he could be tweaked so that his take can't remove beneficial effects from toons who have immunity on the FIRST turn of battle. Then, afterwards, he could remove immunity. Let's face it, any toon that can AOE wipe out beneficial effects on the first turn is broken. Toons like MCR can only remove beneficials from ONE toon on the first turn, not the whole team (not to mention she's currently bugged and can't steal when a toon has immunity). VE renders first-turn defensive talismans useless, and that's not a feat any toon should be capable of doing.

Jofer16
04-25-2017, 02:18 AM
State of the arena and our pleas of today haha

"cohesion is possible if we try"

https://youtu.be/3TokaT9MPLM

HomemLivre
04-25-2017, 02:27 AM
Counters don't make toons worthless overall. AoF is countered big time by GRE, yet you don't see people not using him because of that one counter.

However, he could be tweaked so that his take can't remove beneficial effects from toons who have immunity on the FIRST turn of battle. Then, afterwards, he could remove immunity. Let's face it, any toon that can AOE wipe out beneficial effects on the first turn is broken. Toons like MCR can only remove beneficials from ONE toon on the first turn, not the whole team (not to mention she's currently bugged and can't steal when a toon has immunity). VE renders first-turn defensive talismans useless, and that's not a feat any toon should be capable of doing.

I need to say that Im started to use another Eddies in attack, couse everytime I used VE and tried to take I removed buffs from 1 or 0... yeah, thats completly about RNG, some of you guys likes to say that he removes all of the buffs from other team and thats a joke. With that your proposing he going to be useless, he has NO damage and that the only thing he does and too dependent on RNG.
Dont know why all this complain about something that almost everyone can counter... He does not alone, the problem here is when you have some key toons by his side and RNG with you.

Ezz
04-25-2017, 02:28 AM
Just played and lost an arena battle because I had no future or past capabilities with my Eddie. Enjoy the points Jofer.

Done with Arena - more of the arena games I play are wrecked by bugs than legitimate wins or losses.

No longer fun or worth my time.

HomemLivre
04-25-2017, 02:30 AM
Just played and lost an arena battle because I had no future or past capabilities with my Eddie. Enjoy the points Jofer.

Done with Arena - more of the arena games I play are wrecked by bugs than legitimate wins or losses.

That happened to me yesterday... was one of the most anyoing bugs I ever faced.

Jofer16
04-25-2017, 02:33 AM

Can confirm, 7 minutes ago hold against EZZ. Sorry bud, wish I could give you your points back. The magically disappearing ability icons has hit me a bunch too, frustrating as hell.

Tritium
04-25-2017, 02:47 AM
I need to say that Im started to use another Eddies in attack, couse everytime I used VE and tried to take I removed buffs from 1 or 0... yeah, thats completly about RNG, some of you guys likes to say that he removes all of the buffs from other team and thats a joke. With that your proposing he going to be useless, he has NO damage and that the only thing he does and too dependent on RNG.
Dont know why all this complain about something that almost everyone can counter... He does not alone, the problem here is when you have some key toons by his side and RNG with you.

Playing devil's advocate here, but how exactly do you counter a toon who strips you of immunity and talisman buffs? When he's paired with the likes of AoF and Nomad, there's nothing you can do if he takes out your shields before those two hard-hitters go. I've even tried mostly blue teams to no avail, as usually the 3rd culprit on those teams is a taunting SSD (and the whole team usually has shell talismans, so you can't even eliminate a single toon without a VE of your own to remove the buffs). Look, I don't believe that VE is OP per se, but I do believe that no toon should have the capability to AOE remove buffs on the first turn.

Hell, if his Take ability does get neutered a bit, then his damage should be buffed to compensate for the change. I agree that if Take were to be changed without an overall damage increase, then VE wouldn't have as much use. However, his cleanse skill is the best in the game, so he still has much use (not to mention the only fury that stuns ALL enemies ─ hello free turn).

HomemLivre
04-25-2017, 02:56 AM
Playing devil's advocate here, but how exactly do you counter a toon who strips you of immunity and talisman buffs? When he's paired with the likes of AoF and Nomad, there's nothing you can do if he takes out your shields before those two hard-hitters go. I've even tried mostly blue teams to no avail, as usually the 3rd culprit on those teams is a taunting SSD. Look, I don't believe that VE is OP per se, but I do believe that no toon should have the capability to AOE remove buffs on the first turn.

Hell, if his Take ability does get neutered a bit, then his damage should be buffed to compensate for the change. I agree that if Take were to be changed without an overall damage increase, then VE wouldn't have as much use. However, his cleanse skill is the best in the game, so he still has much use (not to mention the only fury that stuns ALL enemies ─ hello free turn).

Your talking about a specific team, and in that case (paired with nomad and AoF) the way to go is with heavy hitters and other toons that removes beneficial effects to (theres some other guys able to do that, with guaranted chance - dont even caring about acc down).
Instead of change a VE that does nothing special (almost of the time removing 1 char buffs) I say that the damage of the nomad that need to be revised, Im saying, a toon of mine took 16k damage first turn... wth is that? Visions removing or not the buffs the problem of this team your talking is not the Visions itself, its the potential of 16k + 12k true damage from two toons when one of then gives you one more turn.

I need to say that I faced not such problems against these teams, but what gave me some trouble was the same toons paired with GRE.

Aristo4
04-25-2017, 03:13 AM
Homen, maybe its different for you attacking compared to your (and all peoples) defense.....here he strips usually all... and uses take either first to act out of all the team, or worst case second.

Also I know of absurd % rates that appeared with the VE trend, no coincidence imo.

Jofer16
04-25-2017, 03:13 AM
CrownRoyal must be drunk off crown royal lol 3 holds in a row and still counting.. had a dude with 7 holds in a row the other day, going for the record!