PDA

View Full Version : Doom + Cleanse = Kaboom!

blackbolt
04-23-2017, 11:13 AM
Hi guys, something curious happened today, I cleansed the doom status (GRE inflicted) from my Visions Eddie with his Equilibrium skill, and in result he basically committed suicide with almost full health...Devs Is that intended? We may have a perfect one-shot trap for cleanse...Nasty

Cheers

ironmaiden84
04-23-2017, 09:09 PM
This is working since a long time this way. If someone automatically cleanse it will be destroyed directly. So if you can choose when to cleanse, just don't do it for the 3 rounds and kill as many as possible until you'll die ;)

CanyptianFit
04-23-2017, 10:08 PM
Assassin Undead Resuer can "doom" with his special. Potential counter to VE?

Imagine that first round going second, AUR dooms 2 toons. Next round VE on opposition cleanses, those 2 toons are toast. Deadly is right.

slauki
04-23-2017, 10:17 PM
this is a bug (i belive) which is around for quite a while.
since doom shouldn't be removable as some other effects like seal you also shouldn't be able to cleanse it. maybe you can post it in the bug subforum or in the update threads, since devs are monotoring them.

Silentknight
04-23-2017, 10:20 PM
this is a bug (i belive) which is around for quite a while.
since doom shouldn't be removable as some other effects like seal you also shouldn't be able to cleanse it. maybe you can post it in the bug subforum or in the update threads, since devs are monotoring them.

Should be an ez fix as they stopped the prisoner from doing it

Enti
04-24-2017, 01:58 PM
As far as I know, as per skill definition, Doom deals lethal damage once the timer expires. It might happen that cleanse, as per current coding is, makes all negative effects' countdown do zero, and not actually removing it. By gameplay you'd never know the difference (except this special case) as it is all happening in the background. If this is truly the case, then doom cleansing suicide makes sense.

blackbolt
04-24-2017, 04:03 PM
what Enti said

Yes, I think exactly the same on what it may happen "under the hood", and I think is not intended to work like this. It seems to me some kind of coding issue, or just how the skill was written in the first time . So maybe one between Doom and Cleanse has to be re-thinked.

If instead it was meant to work like that, It also worth the effort to rewrite it because, how CanyptianFit pointed out, it can be some kind of exploitable.