PDA

View Full Version : The new talismans

JJJ428
04-23-2017, 04:07 PM
Has anyone tried these new talismans or have any info about them. I saw the post saying they were going to be in the store but didn't see any information on their abilities.

OdoyleRules
04-23-2017, 04:09 PM
Has anyone tried these new talismans or have any info about them. I saw the post saying they were going to be in the store but didn't see any information on their abilities.

Yeah, counter-stike can be brutal with a toon with a good stun.

Silentknight
04-23-2017, 05:20 PM

Read 'News'

JJJ428
04-24-2017, 02:35 AM
Anyone think 3 turns is a bit much for the revenge ones, compared to the immunity ones only getting one turn. I think it would been more fair for those to get more turns then these revenge ones getting 3 turns for just one set .

calizario
04-24-2017, 12:31 PM
Anyone think 3 turns is a bit much for the revenge ones, compared to the immunity ones only getting one turn where I think it would been more fair for those to get more turns.

This talisma is totally wrong. I faced an opponent with him, I was with the Ogre on the team, I attacked first and came the first counter. When he reflected the Ogre's shield, he made new counter and so on. I could not attack with the other toons.

90mphyorker
04-24-2017, 11:52 PM
Anyone think 3 turns is a bit much for the revenge ones, compared to the immunity ones only getting one turn. I think it would been more fair for those to get more turns then these revenge ones getting 3 turns for just one set .

I just faced a team with the revenge talisman.

1st battle against them, they went first and their Sentinel Souless Demon revenged me 3 times. I didn't even get to attack them before the counterstrike happened. SSD and Mummy Eddie both attacked and taunted 3 of my guys, they didn't get to taunt back before SSD revenged multiple times. Either 2 or 3 times.

Their team was Mummy Eddis, SSD Warrior Pyro Soldier and Desert Marauder. Non of those toons have skills that generate extra turns so it was.

2nd time I faced him I went first and no revenges and I easily won.

If those Talismans are intended to work how they did 1st time then fuck, these aren't going to be fun to face.

Tritium
04-25-2017, 12:01 AM
If those Talismans are intended to work how they did 1st time then fuck, these aren't going to be fun to face.

Yeah, these talismans can be a pain if they proc often. Even when going first, these talismans can create a ton of trouble for you. Next week, the pain will become even worse when people run two sets of these things.

Silentknight
04-25-2017, 12:08 AM
Yeah, these talismans can be a pain if they proc often. Even when going first, these talismans can create a ton of trouble for you. Next week, the pain will become even worse when people run two sets of these things.

Just gunna get worse, no assassin set yet??? Plus Sparton said something awesome is coming!!! So who knows what's gunna happen!

Tritium
04-25-2017, 12:37 AM
Just gunna get worse, no assassin set yet??? Plus Sparton said something awesome is coming!!! So who knows what's gunna happen!

Maybe a talisman set that has a 50% chance to afflict Doom on all enemies? :p

MoonShadow
04-25-2017, 05:25 AM
Encountered the revenge talis last night, and wasn't a pleasant one... I went first and did three attacks - all of them went revenged and my toons said bye-bye to the game. With a good build-up of these sets, going first does not guarantee a win anymore in most of the cases.

90mphyorker
04-25-2017, 07:17 AM

The Attacker going first I can understand the challenge in them. 35% seems high and probably will change like Freezing Talismans did, but they'll bring another challenge to the game. All for that. It's if the defence teams goes first and the revenge happens multiple times, like what happened to me, that worries me. How can I be revenged when I didn't even get to attack them to cause the revenge? If it's intended to work like that as well then that's too powerful.

CanyptianFit
04-25-2017, 11:18 PM
After a couple LoL tries today, understand why they added "remove beneficial effects" on the last update to warrior newborn. If you had a reflect shield it will go away. If they didn't add that, imagine how the retaliates could go on even longer.

But here lies the issue when you can add the strike skill to anyone and if they don't remove the reflect shield it can go on and on like it seems it does. Maybe they need to add that remove benny effects capability into the talisman as well.

That would reduce the never ending cycles.

georlav-5301
04-30-2017, 04:52 PM
those talismans are like cheating ... this game is starting to suck ...

Askora
04-30-2017, 06:42 PM
I think a big part of the problem with them from my observation is they've boosted proc rates for defense. With an already high proc rate, it makes it ridiculously high. Seems like they've lowered proc rates for offense as well. Appears to be for just the first round or two, but enough to give the defense a decided advantage.

URock
05-02-2017, 08:49 AM
How long will they be available?

Pagan-3014
05-08-2017, 07:16 AM
These counter strike talismans are just waaaaay too out of whack. At best they should be 1 counter per turn. Not counter every attack every turn for 3 turns. I've got 2 sets already and I've climbed to #50 already in PvP because of them. And I'm a terrible part time player who doesn't belong in the top 100. Seriously. I still use every trooper everyday. But I'm by no means a hard core player. I expect to finish every week barely scraping the top 300

konstifik
05-08-2017, 09:03 AM
The fun thing about the counter attack talismans is that they add a status effect rather than working as a passive, which means the effect can be stolen (or just removed). With these talismans in the game, having MCR became even more essential for success in PvP.

Tritium
05-08-2017, 04:54 PM
The fun thing about the counter attack talismans is that they add a status effect rather than working as a passive, which means the effect can be stolen (or just removed). With these talismans in the game, having MCR became even more essential for success in PvP.

Exactly. They've opened up all sorts of fun ways to play now. There's still some risk in stealing them because you'll often get counter attacked in doing so, but then it rocks afterwards when you've removed it from the enemy and gained it on your own toon. ;)

Askora
05-08-2017, 06:46 PM
Not good when my SGS puts up a heal shield and I get counterattacked. Not to mention the reasons I brought up in my thread making a case against them. Maybe we need a thread on ways to improve the AI. Improved AI would bring up defensive holds and not have to count on the next poorly implemented talisman or character.

Silentknight
05-08-2017, 06:49 PM
Not good when my SGS puts up a heal shield and I get counterattacked. Not to mention the reasons I brought up in my thread making a case against them. Maybe we need a thread on ways to improve the AI. Improved AI would bring up defensive holds and not have to count on the next poorly implemented talisman or character.

Mentioned improved A.I. several times & so have many others. Would make the game soooo much better! Nothing like playing with dumb toons!

Askora
05-08-2017, 06:55 PM
Mentioned improved A.I. several times & so have many others. Would make the game soooo much better! Nothing like playing with dumb toons!

I know. That is the biggest problem with pvp. It's kind of sad to watch the defense attack someone they can't even hit, while another toon is on death's door and gets passed over. Even worse knowing that my defense is fighting a battle somewhere doing the same bonehead moves.

Silentknight
05-08-2017, 06:59 PM
I know. That is the biggest problem with pvp. It's kind of sad to watch the defense attack someone they can't even hit, while another toon is on death's door and gets passed over. Even worse knowing that my defense is fighting a battle somewhere doing the same bonehead moves.

Would increase holds & lower attack win %. Just makes sense.

Monte47
05-09-2017, 11:48 AM
Anyone buy the Life talisman in the arena? Are they worth it?

URock
05-09-2017, 04:37 PM

I bought them, but their healing is...low. There are no infos about it, how strong they heal...only...they heal...

"Grants HP Regen for 2 turns at the start of battle"

The devs should play their game...

Monte47
05-09-2017, 04:40 PM
I bought them, but their healing is...low. There are no infos about it, how strong they heal...only...they heal...

The devs should play their game...

Haha, Spartan did actually show on my defense list. They play. Lol, he beat me. I did win the revenge though lol

Silentknight
05-09-2017, 04:45 PM

Kinda designed for magus toons which can be taken out in one turn even with shell talismans. What's the point in regen on a dead toon!

Monte47
05-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Kinda designed for magus toons which can be taken out in one turn even with shell talismans. What's the point in regen on a dead toon!

Haha yeah, I use my Carriage Rider on office, as my Autist mind won't let me try new things lol, every now and then he gets wrecked.

yojo
05-10-2017, 11:10 PM
How long will they be available?

same questions?

FallenAngel666
05-15-2017, 03:26 PM
The nbewsboard says it is the last chance so I guess they will be available til the next Arena reset. I think they totally changed the conception of Arena, they was a very good introduction 4 the game dynamics. I think they made the game ( mostly Arena) more interesting and various

mikmar
05-15-2017, 03:46 PM
The nbewsboard says it is the last chance so I guess they will be available til the next Arena reset. I think they totally changed the conception of Arena, they was a very good introduction 4 the game dynamics. I think they made the game ( mostly Arena) more interesting and various

Yes, I agree with you, but I don't know if this is the last week or there are 2 more weeks, because there's a red sticker on the news info screen that says : "LAST CHANCE !!!! Last two weeks !!!!"

Sparton do you know ?

Thanks