PDA

View Full Version : Invisibility Talisman - not a bug. you are invisible until you attack

HeadlessHammerhead
08-04-2016, 06:49 AM
The invisibility Talisman triggers invisibility 30% of the time on perfect hits, just as it should. The effect should last 3 turns, but it seems that when another perfect hit lands, the effect is toggled off. That socks for a 3-talisman effect. Please fix it!

Kaijester
08-04-2016, 07:02 AM
What action or ability did you use when the perfect hit landed and erase the effect?

Vaseodin
08-04-2016, 07:49 AM
I don't think the talisman is broken. The invisibility effect is one of the strongest moves in the game, especially if it lasts 3 turns. Most invisibility skills (actually all of the ones I've seen) remove the effect as soon as you perform an offensive move. In other words, invisibility is used for you to survive for 3 rounds while buffing the team, healing, or other actions that would otherwise not hurt your enemy and use up your turn. With invisibility you are free to perform your actions without fear of damage, regardless of whether your foe does 20 dmg or 200,000 damage. You take 0 damage either way. If you were allowed to attack and still benefit for 3 full turns the skill would be way overpowered.

Plus, from a roleplaying perspective, if you were invisible and attacked someone they would have a very good idea of where you are, so you will (in effect) no longer be invisible.

Gonzo
08-04-2016, 09:42 AM
Exactly as Vaseodin said. Imagine it as a stealth status. You'll remain in stealth mode as long as you don't attack, I you attack the enemies will be able to see you thus ending the status.

Beelzebub has it and he looses it when he attacks, but not the Hellhound if he heals instead of attacking.

Active moves (attack) removes it, Passive moves (Heal, buff, etc) keeps it.

Trystangst
08-04-2016, 02:50 PM
I use it on Soldier Eddie, and as long as I'm using a non-offensive move (Roulette, Roar, Endure) it stays on. The minute I attack, it's off.

Also, it triggers on a perfect anything - so it can (and has) gone off while using one of the above abilities. It could theoretically stay on indefinitely as long as you remain in a support role only.

Gonzo
08-04-2016, 02:52 PM
I use it on Soldier Eddie, and as long as I'm using a non-offensive move (Roulette, Roar, Endure) it stays on. The minute I attack, it's off.

Also, it triggers on a perfect anything - so it can (and has) gone off while using one of the above abilities. It could theoretically stay on indefinitely as long as you remain in a support role only.

Yeah! I think every talisman works like that, freeze, shock, burn, etc also can be triggered by non attack moves.

IMO they shouldn't.

HeadlessHammerhead
08-04-2016, 06:41 PM
If my troll is invisible and I use "guard all" and get a perfect on tapping, it toggles off. So, unless I'm stunned, I'll shut off after 1 round.