PDA

View Full Version : Number of the Beast Madness on Auto Play -- check!

ovy
04-25-2017, 08:36 PM
Taking a step back from all the PvP fun recently, what about the ultimate PvE challenge?

I really didn't think it was possible, seeing how it takes a decent amount of skill to win on manual. I didn't see any forum posts about it either.

Well, today it happened! I kept noticing how one particular farming team of mine had no trouble dispatching even bosses. On a whim, I ran it against the Beast, just to see how far it would go. To my surprise, it got to within 30% health of killing the assassin form, with the Doom clock expiring on my Eddie.

Surely this is a fluke I thought. Ran it again, and this time it got to within 5%. Thought to myself, okay this is worth a serious try. A couple of talisman tweaks later, boom! got him. On the first try and third overall.

Not sure how reliable this is, and I wanna bask in it a bit before trying to figure out if I just got lucky once. Wouldn't go as far as to autofarm the Beast in any event.

What do y'all think? Have people been doing this and I just haven't seen it? Team ideas? Not showing mine just yet since I'm interested in fresh perspectives.

Browno
04-25-2017, 08:49 PM
First try and i died when he got into his last assasin form.
This is interesting :)

Second go and i had him at 80% life left before i died. Might go better if i have that eddie sharded...

Caretaker
04-26-2017, 07:09 PM
Good challenge guys, I'll try it :cool:

Edit: did it, but not consistent, involved cr ed and green bot

CanyptianFit
04-26-2017, 09:30 PM
Damn. Actually got close on first try.

He was down to a sliver. But was just lucky.

Can pretty consistently get to final form, but my Eddies are dumb, they keep attacking versus oh, gosh, maybe, heal a bit?

Haven't gotten him below 50% since first try.

Browno
04-26-2017, 09:40 PM
Which chars did you use?
I had pharaoh eddie, nomad and aof. I think that nomad could be better with counterstrike when i get a set of those.

CanyptianFit
04-26-2017, 10:00 PM
Dammit. I had him, but he stole my endure.

He was dead, 0 health. F*ck. So close.

So I was using navigator, unsharded, AD, and Nomad. The only toon sharded is AD.

By the way, we need to remember that the HH's are broken right now, so really not real world at the moment.

Cool to test tho.

Ovy, we're troopers, so I think I see 2 toons of your strategy, and I don't have either.

CanyptianFit
04-26-2017, 11:38 PM
Ha! That team did it! Beat him on auto!

Very cool! My Peg Leg Ed and Nomad aren't even sharded. Nomad has a couple.

Anyone else had any luck? How repeatable is your team Ovy?

CanyptianFit
04-27-2017, 12:11 AM
Did It again with that team. Very cool. 2 times I've won on auto.

I did make some switches on talismans.

Didn't ever think to try this, glad you mentioned it!

ovy
04-27-2017, 05:40 AM
Ha! That team did it! Beat him on auto!

Very cool! My Peg Leg Ed and Nomad aren't even sharded. Nomad has a couple.

Anyone else had any luck? How repeatable is your team Ovy?

(Deleted a post by mistake. Mobile site is all over the place for me, MACL0 like)

Was saying that I ran another 4 tests with this team to make it a 5 sample, and got three out of five total. Not bad, but definitely not auto farm material.

I'm a little far from the ideal talisman layout for this job and I don't have the materials for the most important change. I feel that will bring it to 80% or more. Willrevisit in a month or so maybe.

Fun isn't it? I think PvP taught me a few tricks useful here.

IceManFerrar
05-01-2017, 03:24 PM
Nice challenge...are you guys going to tell us what teams you are using?

CanyptianFit
05-02-2017, 04:04 AM
I shared my 3. Nav Ed, nomad and AD.

ovy
02-16-2018, 11:37 PM
Heya! Today I was feeling nostalgic about the game and forum, and realized I'd never come back to this thread to post my team. I'd not done it originally to get some fresh ideas.

The team was: Pharaoh, Desert Marauder, Magus Golden Son. Don't remember the exact talismans (and I don't play the game anymore) but generally you don't want the short-term talismans like shield, you want the perennial ones like health, since the main problem is always the Assassin form long into the last wave.

Decidedly old school toons that pre-date the eternals, VHE revolution and Valkyries. Curious what people would be using these days and if this is still a challenge.

scott-5496
04-20-2018, 10:43 AM
I was thinking of this thread today as a new PVE challenge. I have not tried this in a while. Anyone out there got an auto farm team on Madness? Maybe a team that can auto BNW level 10 could work here (though with one less toon of course). Quite a challenge or are there some folks out there that can do it on auto?

Patrice-1201
04-20-2018, 12:13 PM
Auto worked with several teams for me ;-) Iron Eddie, Green Lilith and Gunner Lilith is one

scott-5496
04-20-2018, 12:23 PM
Nice one - I had tried the two Liliths btu not Iron Eddie - not bothered to max him yet though but I should as he does seem to be a decent Ed. Any special talisman load outs needed?

EnricoPalazzo
04-20-2018, 01:08 PM
Did it a few times, I think with SoL or Navigator, GCotD and Blue Buzz (sometimes exchanged for Sentinel Desert Raider), but it was never really reliable to have it run all day (I won maybe 8 out of 10), and the rewards vs. time was less than AMOLAD for me.

Patrice-1201
04-20-2018, 01:16 PM
Nice one - I had tried the two Liliths btu not Iron Eddie - not bothered to max him yet though but I should as he does seem to be a decent Ed. Any special talisman load outs needed?

fate and Guard for mine ;-)

edsel
04-22-2018, 11:59 AM
So what teams are going to run for all red and all yellow? Or is it spend ironite to get past the explode your team mode when beast hit with all those grey dots near the end? Not succeeding yet..

natasar
04-22-2018, 12:09 PM
Navigator (Fate-Chance), GCOTD (Fate-Chance) and GPD (Angel-Energy) - all maxed. Make sure you have immunity up when the Beast becomes Assassin. Immunity prevents all the grey debuffs.

Just got the 25 Gunner runs complete. Will test a Warrior team in a bit.

FarmerEddie
04-22-2018, 02:49 PM
Samurai hellhound and wnbol work well on autoplay. It's the team I originally used to autoplay when this little forum challenge came out and it averaged about 80%success. Losses are usually caused by the nbol using his #%@$# power move. Stupid idiot lol.

Reeb99
04-22-2018, 04:45 PM
I found the same as Natasar, immunity seems to be the key.

Nekroliun
04-22-2018, 04:59 PM
Im too shit to do dis kinda shit. I already need a revive to beat him with rainmaker, alliance general and nomad.

Though if mirage hits lucky, i do it ez cus vanish op

The Educated fool
04-22-2018, 05:39 PM
Im too shit to do dis kinda shit. I already need a revive to beat him with rainmaker, alliance general and nomad.

Though if mirage hits lucky, i do it ez cus vanish op

S'up, Nekro? Good to see ya. :cool: Did Visions of Beasties dancin' in your head break you out of retirement?

Nekroliun
04-22-2018, 06:35 PM
S'up, Nekro? Good to see ya. :cool: Did Visions of Beasties dancin' in your head break you out of retirement?

U could say that. I guess u could say i open the forums every like 6 months to check on yall. Lets be honest, without me you would all be lost.

Sad to see the game still is pretty p2w, not even night city.

Remember when they said "night city will be out in august" and that was back in 2016 lol

hold
04-22-2018, 07:55 PM
Can't do Autoplay as at least 1 toon doesn't survive ... But for manual playing don't forget the red Pyro ... He can cast immunity for the team and is a great help on the boss level

blade685
04-22-2018, 08:01 PM
Can't do Autoplay as at least 1 toon doesn't survive ... But for manual playing don't forget the red Pyro ... He can cast immunity for the team and is a great help on the boss level

i used him to finish event with red team, no problem in manual with samurai and red dog

hold
04-22-2018, 08:14 PM
i used him to finish event with red team, no problem in manual with samurai and red dog

That's exactly what I am using (well as dog I use Hellhound) ... No problem at all ... Not the quickest team but ultra safe ...

Btw. My trooper store is still locked. That bug is in the game since 1643 and instead of ripping off the player base on a regular level the devs really could fix a simple counter. I know it's not critical but highly embarrassing if you ask me.

Reeb99
04-22-2018, 09:55 PM
If you are like me and don't have a Samurai Eddie, here's what I'm using on manual for a warrior team:

Ragna (red Valk): Hunter, Piercing, Advantage

Red Lilith, Echo Advantage

Trooper Eddie (barf): Angel, Two reds, and a green. Play healer and time his fury move to right before the Beast switches to purple. Got silenced a few times before putting the angel set on him.

My god Trooper eddie sucks. Hard to time his hits, and he is super weak. At least he has a decent heal for warriors.

Unwon
04-22-2018, 10:03 PM
Or you could do shaman with the new heal talisman, thats what I did and it worked well. (10k heal)

Reeb99
04-22-2018, 11:50 PM
Also basic Eddie comes in handy with his Hunt skill. Ragna can one-shot the purple form after that with the talismans I listed above lol.

MoonShadow
04-23-2018, 05:50 AM
My god Trooper eddie sucks. Hard to time his hits, and he is super weak. At least he has a decent heal for warriors.Strange, but Trooper Eddie seems pretty reliable to me, did some tries on auto and was successful every time (6 or 7 times, I think, but will do more). Mine is still unsharded, but effective due to his fury (endure + perfect immo are exactly what the team needs against the Beast); other teammates were Warrior Soldier Boy & Warrior Undead Rescuer.

scott-5496
04-23-2018, 09:29 AM
Some great teams folks - mine is a pretty basic Samurai, Lillith and Ragna. I do auto up to middle of Green Boss and then hit the Lilith power move - Magma shield helps the team survive fine and then a few hits and the boss is down. Only time I lose is if I miss the right bit to go to manual.

MoonShadow
04-23-2018, 01:24 PM
Hmm, all of a sudden, I can't rely on the auto-play anymore, as the team Tropper Ed + WAS + WUR, seem to lose. I also had to switch to manual when the Beast is green to finish safely the mission.

Can they do some tweaks as we are playing, or am I a fan of conspiracy theories? :)

Yup
04-23-2018, 06:01 PM
My god Trooper eddie sucks. Hard to time his hits, and he is super weak. At least he has a decent heal for warriors.

I used Trooper, Lilith, and WUR -- Just had to ensure Trooper used the Fury before the S Beast switches to Assassin (so Immunity was active) or that Lilith used her power move so the Magma shield reduced damage (to WUR who is blocking).

Mariner-1212
04-23-2018, 06:30 PM
For the All-Gunner NOTB mission, I've been running on auto with this team:

Hallowed Eddie (Guard, 2 Boost, 1 Attack)
GPD (Thief, Power)
Gunner Lilith (Shell, True & Life)

All are fully sharded but not sure how much that matters.

It takes a gruelling 7 minutes to clear on Auto. Hallowed runs his fury almost every round which is what gives your gunner team Immunity against the Beast's third round attacks. Fails to keep everyone alive maybe once every 8 times or so. Failed entirely (Defeat) only twice, not sure if the +10 ironite payment let me finish with credit for everyone being alive or not.

Sparton_LOTB
04-23-2018, 06:33 PM
[...] not sure if the +10 ironite payment let me finish with credit for everyone being alive or not.

It will.

It'll also work if you revive via skill or passive.

The "all must survive" requirement checks to see if anyone is dead specifically when you win. It doesn't care about if they had to revive to be in in the "alive" camp at the end of battle.

Reeb99
04-24-2018, 12:54 AM
I can't stress enough how good Ragna was for the warrior part. She seriously packs a punch, and is fairly reliable at converting buffs when fully sharded. I was running reliably under 3 minutes every time with her, starter Eddie, and red Lilith. I only pulled out trooper Eddie when the Beast turned green. After the beast turned purple again, starter Eddie came back out. Use Hunt, Ragna 1 shot. Victory, repeat.

The same thing works in PvP. Ragna DESTROYS high health characters.

scott-5496
04-24-2018, 09:53 AM
I can't stress enough how good Ragna was for the warrior part. She seriously packs a punch, and is fairly reliable at converting buffs when fully sharded. I was running reliably under 3 minutes every time with her, starter Eddie, and red Lilith. I only pulled out trooper Eddie when the Beast turned green. After the beast turned purple again, starter Eddie came back out. Use Hunt, Ragna 1 shot. Victory, repeat.

The same thing works in PvP. Ragna DESTROYS high health characters.

She does indeed - I tried the WCOTD as well (same skill set as Ragna) and he hit like a truck too.