PDA

View Full Version : Void Shield

Vaseodin
08-04-2016, 07:55 AM
Does anyone know what the void shield does? Also, maybe a thread that explains the different shields and what they do would really be useful I think. If anyone would like to post other shields and their effects it would be greatly appreciated.

Gonzo
08-04-2016, 08:01 AM
I got you my brother from another mother!!!!!

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?213-Kaijester%92s-Guide-to-Uncommon-Rare-Talisman-amp-their-effects

Kaijester
08-04-2016, 08:09 AM
Actually the in-battle description of Void Shield is only reduce magic damage, but based on the status effect description from a reliable source, it should be as per below:

Absorbs all physical and magic damage and will return it at the end of the round as true damage to all enemies

Running low on Sand of Times on a special day...I will test it after the event.

Vaseodin
08-04-2016, 08:13 AM
Thank you, Gonzo!

Gonzo
08-04-2016, 08:13 AM
Actually the in-battle description of Void Shield is only reduce magic damage, but based on the status effect description from a reliable source, it should be as per below:

Absorbs all physical and magic damage and will return it at the end of the round as true damage to all enemies

If only we could find the OP for that link... He would be able to update it :P

That's actually good to know. With Magic only it was pretty useless, and since Assassins are the squishiest class it can be usefull.

Thank you, Gonzo!

You are welcome.

Kaijester
08-04-2016, 08:52 AM
Tested it...

Correct effect:

Reduce physical and magic damage and reflect as true damage at end of each enemy's turn

Does not absorb true damage. Damage reduced and reflected should be around 20%.

Stormseye
08-04-2016, 01:52 PM
Still trying to farm three to see if I can use them anywhere. Only just received 1 last night from farming Blood Brothers madness.

Vaseodin
08-04-2016, 02:06 PM
Cool thanks for following up KaiJester

Stormseye
08-05-2016, 01:29 PM
Got my third Void Talisman this morning. Tested it a bit in about 10 matches or so and the proc rate is dismal so far. 35% on perfects but it seems to be on the same plane as Freezing Augment set. I will try again later tonight.

Kaijester
08-05-2016, 01:30 PM
IMO the proc rate is quite decent but the damage reduced is not sufficient.

OswaldTer
07-17-2017, 06:41 AM
IMO the proc rate is quite decent provestra (https://www.nancycarlssonpaige.org/provestra-review-and-results) but the damage reduced is not sufficient.

That's my thinking too. More damage reduction is needed imo.

Ian
07-17-2017, 07:29 AM
It's fine as it is. The removal of buffs from attackers more than compensates

slash1424
07-17-2017, 05:48 PM
yeah I think the proc is fine as well, but seems to work better with AI than for me....lol. I do like the removal of buffs come in handy.

Lulero
07-17-2017, 07:59 PM
It's a shield, hence wonky if you already have one, or something from that category (like Pharaoh Dog passive).

It's still very useful, but the odds to remove buffs when being hit is the big part of it.

As for a practical example, it's IMO the best one thing to get if you have issues fighting teams with Corrupt Rescuer.
(EDIT: To void endure more so than her shield, you still need decent offense to take her down, but can focus other toons first).

Will be affected in two ways in future updates (the next or the one after most likely). First, shield should start stacking properly. Secondly, augments like this (and some other sets like Vanish, Energy) won't longer have odds scaling with the number of targets. It's unclear as of now if the odds will be adjusted. If it stays at 35% on perfect, still for 1 turn and no longer scale, it gonna be somewhat garbage IMO.

Monte47
07-18-2017, 01:17 AM
I find it is very useful on my Wrath. Procs at about 80% I'd say, and for toons with counter strike, it's nice to give an extra hit back. It can also void the shield on the GCR, so it makes the annoyance some of you face with her unnoticed for me.