PDA

View Full Version : PvP Week 12 - Statistics and Discussion

Nicko
04-30-2017, 01:52 PM
Well this was a weird one ;)

While Strike Talismans started appearing and introduced some new benefits - and challenges - the point system (for me) was the big focus.

Realizing you're penalized to play if you exceed a 1:1 attack/defense ratio if you're near the top in the current environment, I kept attacks down all week and steadily rose - while others rapidly climbed and then fell hundreds (one player close to a thousand) of points just as quickly.

In the end - seeing an opportunity and grabbing a bull (beast?) by the horns - Jofer saw an opportunity (as others including myself twiddled their thumbs waiting for the right time to make a move) and went for it in the quiet arena - once again claiming Eternal. Congrats!

I would have easily met my goal of Top 25 in under 100 attacks (likely Top 10) - but rearranging some things - made a last hour run and claimed third. Ryan - a new name in the top three - captured second. Congrats to him as well! It's very cool he's bucked the Visions Eddie trend and has a (deadly) Samurai in his defense.

As far numbers, mine were as follows:

# of attacks made: 156

# of attacks against me: 128

Finished: #3

To contrast, it's not uncommon for me to have well over 500 attacks. I put my rank because I think it would be interesting to see how people fared relative to their effort, of course realizing one's Win and Hold % also have an influence.

This system needs an overhaul. Fortunately the developers are listening.

And BECAUSE they listen - please look at Don Slauki's thread that he just posted. Don's a smart guy and more importantly - wants things as fair as they can be (I'm glad he doesn't wield the nerf axe ;)). Comments and suggestions on his ideas would be great as this situation needs to get sorted as soon as possible. Incentives NOT to play help no one.

Thanks!

Shaolin85london
04-30-2017, 02:11 PM
Like other earlier top rank I supposed to be flooded away due the new point system 1:1 didn't respect. However thanks to my defense and a good amount of luck I managed to finish within 10 rank.

This week I also discovered the power of ve and I d like to thank Nicko and fallen Angel for their help and support, and the reconfirmed arena sovereign, Jofer congrats bud!

Here's my stats for the week:

Attack 755
Defense 649

Rank 8

Silentknight
04-30-2017, 02:22 PM
Attack-319
Defense-265
Rank-10

OdoyleRules
04-30-2017, 02:28 PM
Attack - 284/343
Defense- 65/292
Rank - #50

I thought about taking the time to make a move up a bit. Well, when your lady wants to go find table decorations for your wedding in 3 weeks, you get a lot of funny looks when you are on your mobile in Hobby Lobby.

Enti
04-30-2017, 02:31 PM
Definitely a strange week, thanks Nicko for the great phrasing there. Grats Jofer for #1 once again. Well played.

Attacks - 230
Defs - 200
Place - 15

These were only from recharged / sacrifice award SoW which I burnt cause I like arena.
People are definitely quick to adapt, I had one day with only lost defenses.

Too bad I couldn't make the Saturday rush - Friday was party hard day, drank a lot, slept 3 hours then had to drive back and forth in the city because of errands. I think I did my last 10 arena battles in close to 50 minutes because I constantly fell asleep in the bean bag I was sitting :D

Still top 25, ironites burnt, focus taken from arena and put to farming runes and evo shards for the greater good.

This week will be even more insteresting with the second set of Strike Talismans. Curious.

Kris-0707
04-30-2017, 02:39 PM

My goal was to be between 25-50, unfortunately I finished at 11 and got just 1 crap soul (*** blue soldier) instead of 5 souls (possibly 5 x *** soldier).
As always didn't spend any ironite for SoW.
4 battle lost against VE team at the beggining of the week got me to think of not fighting with VE's at all.

slauki
04-30-2017, 02:43 PM
actually the ratio is much better than 1:1

rank 7
attacks: 257
defense 211
ratio 82%

if they tune the point system and the rewards for playing things could be in order.
at least matchmaking seems to work like a chrme now. this is a huge improvement, to the 400+ defenses for some of us while other were only getting 70. for me this is clearly going in the right direction and i expect changes very soon.

Liebhild
04-30-2017, 03:04 PM
attacks: 254
defense: 219

Monte47
04-30-2017, 03:41 PM
Eskiggalu... really wish I'd signed up with the right username. Maybe I'll make a new account.

Anyway, I sucked this week.

I attacked: 156
Was attacked: 128
82%

Congrats Jofer.

MrFreeze
04-30-2017, 03:53 PM
Atk - 122/138
Def - 3/12
Finished 24th

These stats are probably pretty skewed because of inactivity. I started Thursday afternoon unranked. No one from those lower ranks revenged me. I think I spent on 4 refills yesterday to see if I could get top 25. I guess I got lucky with a quite week or I probably wouldn't have made it.

Congrats to the winners!

Ringe666-7406
04-30-2017, 04:04 PM
First time in a while I didn't use any sow, only the daily 31 or 33, depends on clearing 2 or 3 lists a day, and about 15 from sacrifice. Barely played any revenges over week, and few on Saturday. Finished 32 due to lousy def but still satisfied. Earlier I'd need more than few refills to be there, or lose #25 for 4 points, and now I didn't even hope to be there. And 5x3* chars or one 3* g/a doesn't really make a difference to me. Haven't seen red light in BoS from g/a souls in months. Why I did so many battles instead of sitting like a log - well, to play as many battles as I can and have fun. That's the point, right? :D And it was fun, beating teams like gmac's, Ryan's, Tritium's (going second, was sweating like a pig 'til it wasn't over). But my posts can't go without moaning of still not having good def myself, no VE, troll, gimp, artillery dog, and if I had Samurai he would for sure be there. Anyway, number for me (much better than 1:1 as someone said, probably due peeps not revenging or not attacking me when they could):

Attack - 244/252 97% (one loss from Carlos on previous reset counted for this week, rest of them either heavy damagers going first, or my poor choice of chars/moves by being distracted or just plain stupid, but greatly satisfied with this number in the end)
Defense - 30/217 14% (no more complains on def, but number of attacks on me was quite less this week, so much less points lost)

See you on the top of the pyramid \m/

Tritium
04-30-2017, 05:16 PM
This week was interesting to say the least haha. I finished with:

Attacks: 166
Defends: 140

My defense this week was the lowest it's ever been. I attribute that to how the meta changes with the update have made it easier than ever to win battles (provided you have the right toons, and the folks at the top certainly do! :p). I have noticed more creativity in teams this week, which is quite nice. VE is still a huge pain when paired with strong red hitters or CC toons. Prisoner bugs still suck. But, all in all, this week wasn't too bad. I agree with everyone who says that the matchmaking is the best it's ever been now. The only thing that needs fixing now is the points system. PVP is heading in the right direction!

Oh, and get ready for dual strike talisman teams everyone! I'm gonna have so much fun this week haha. >=)

Tridimensionale
04-30-2017, 05:37 PM
Congratz to Jofer, again top 1 :D and Nicko for the cool strategy..

OdoyleRules
04-30-2017, 05:45 PM
This week was interesting to say the least haha. I finished with:

Oh, and get ready for dual strike talisman teams everyone! I'm gonna have so much fun this week haha. >=)

Seems like the Store reset its count down for most. I was finally able to purchase a skill shard and 2 of the 3 Counter Strike Talismans. 3rd still at 6 days out. Too many bugs going on.

R1ck
04-30-2017, 06:32 PM

IMO matchmaking is good, point system is discouraging people from playing and strike talismans will encourage people to use only single target toons.

At this point PVP is kind of unfair for new people that don't have access for immunity or shell talismans, BNW should be released very soon.

RCarter
04-30-2017, 07:19 PM
39 attacks
18 defends

Too busy this week, waning interest, and a few early APMA crashes all kept me away from things.

Did get a little shock to the system first time going up against a team equipped with a Strike talisman. Didn't drop my Troll from the line up, and wouldn't you know that 3 of my 4 toons started with Reflect shields. His Strike loaded AGS kept firing off until the only toon left on my side was a Prisoner who had been spanked within an inch of his life. It was ugly...

I went 4 days without a defense.

Best part is I wound up in the same prize tier as I typically do for a whole lot less effort.

Chaosego888
04-30-2017, 08:49 PM
Attacks 157
Defenses 133
Rank 73
I was more intrigued with collecting souls for sacrifice this week than playing in the arena... Too many bugs, 8 out of 11 losses due to crashes, Neurotic Meth Angels flapping like hell, speed changing constantly,etc... Spent some time testing defenses trying to find something hard to beat and realized I didn't have any possibilties so somewhere between 15 and 20% percent is the best I can hope for... Not going to cut it in this new system, pretty much screwed without King Visions Eddie.

BG840
04-30-2017, 09:21 PM
ATK-93
DEF-89

Neurotic Meth Angels ROTFL 😂 That's good stuff Chaos!

Chaosego888
04-30-2017, 09:37 PM
ATK-93
DEF-89

Neurotic Meth Angels ROTFL 😂 That's good stuff Chaos!It's really annoying when I bring mine and there's one on the defending team as well. The whole game starts to lag but they keep raising hell!

Aristo4
04-30-2017, 10:11 PM
ATK-205
DEF-177 rank 38.

Forum lacks a puke emoticon.

Askora
05-01-2017, 01:11 AM
My stats 85% (230/270) Attack, 15%(37/249) Defend. Final rank of 2,585. Not much to brag about.

My 4* Eddie and 2* Allies didn't hold very well on defense. Didn't help that I didn't give them any talismans either.

I made the switch before Sparton had mentioned it in the manipulation thread. Unlike many of the more senior members, I don't have a bank full of iron coins.

So, for the low price of losing out on 20 or so ironite I gain a lot more coins and face less daunting defenses. Prior to the switch, my defense was holding at a more respectable 30%.

Tritium
05-01-2017, 01:22 AM
Oh, damn. I completely forgot about the monthly PVP store reset (triggers after reset on the eve of the next month). Now people who acted fast can have THREE sets of strike talismans. Fuck, I would've spent some ironite to farm iron coins for the last talisman I needed before reset if I had foreseen this. Oh well, bring on the pain! :p

OdoyleRules
05-01-2017, 01:26 AM
Oh, damn. I completely forgot about the monthly PVP store reset (triggers after reset on the eve of the next month). Now people who acted fast can have THREE sets of strike talismans. Fuck, I would've spent some ironite to farm iron coins for the last talisman I needed before reset if I had foreseen this. Oh well, bring on the pain! :p

Yeah, I pulled one set last night and another today. I think the main goal now is how to neutralize those. Freeze, stun, blind....you know the drill.

slauki
05-01-2017, 01:56 AM

Yeah, I pulled one set last night and another today. I think the main goal now is how to neutralize those. Freeze, stun, blind....you know the drill.

don't worry soon they will be nerfed like freeze talismans to 12% for 1 or two rounds :P

zdm-1083
05-02-2017, 08:05 AM
224 attacks
197 defenses

Low def, low attack (less than 85%) I'm struggling with new defense team based on red and counter.

Other note, I went berzerk on ironite invest this monday to reach 350 iron coins to be able to get my missing shard due to store month reset.
I move from #70 to #1 with skip of non 90+% beatable team, it takes around 40/50 attacks.

This morning I was #542 with attacks/def ratio back around 1:1, with a 18% def hold, I do not know how ironite investment could be rewarding... (RLY?)
If I could not invest to earn iron coins, I will play as describe by Nicko, what an enjoyable gameplay...

Even reading Sparton remarks I'm not aligned at all, game is not rewarding as it is even with iron coins we at the end invest in RNG souls...

scott-5496
05-02-2017, 08:35 AM
Quiet week for me due to the points system - so lay low a lot compared to normal and did around half the attacks of normal.

So my numbers were:

Rank 17
209 attacks
176 defences

My best has been:

Rank 11
371 attacks
185 defences

I seem to be usually in the top 20, sometimes top 15 but I am happy enough with top 25 to be honest - one day I will make a run on the top 10 but at the moment not really worth it - I think they need to up the loot for top 10 and maybe top 25 to try to get more people on board as my feeling was that this week there was far less playing going on and with it little movement?

Jofer16
05-03-2017, 01:41 AM
I'm sorta cracking up at generic names coming out of nowhere round 2 right now. 1st it was "Ryan", now "Joe". Just a funny coincidence seeing how you never see these types of gamer names on here scrolling through the rankings.

Silentknight
05-03-2017, 05:13 AM
I'm sorta cracking up at generic names coming out of nowhere round 2 right now. 1st it was "Ryan", now "Joe". Just a funny coincidence seeing how you never see these types of gamer names on here scrolling through the rankings.

Got a trooper request from one of the Joes today. Think it was big 'J',lol

Jofer16
05-03-2017, 12:32 PM
Got a trooper request from one of the Joes today. Think it was big 'J',lol

Good call, we shall refer to them as big 'J' and little 'j' haha

Ian
05-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Heh, forgot to post stats... Well it was a very quiet week for me:
Attacks - 159
Defences - 139

First time my ratio has been this good since week 2. Would have been enough for top 100 except for 3 broken defences in the final 5 minutes whilst trying to break a pharoah/GCR rezzing team...

Chaosego888
05-03-2017, 09:46 PM
Good call, we shall refer to them as big 'J' and little 'j' haha
I think there's 2 or 3 big J's or he is constantly changing defenses