PDA

View Full Version : Preferences for troopers - Eddie or not?

Hammerhil
05-01-2017, 06:40 PM
Just wondering what everyone prefers for troopers. I personally find it easier to use Eddies since you can carry 3 into battle and it doesn't mess with my team builds, but I'm wondering what others think.

I'm currently using my Gunner Corrupted Rescuer as my trooper but he's a niche kinda guy and I am wondering if I should switch it up.

Tritium
05-01-2017, 06:56 PM
I generally prefer Eddies, but don't mind if a trooper uses a strong toon that has a power move that does damage. I autofarm when using my troopers, so toons with power moves that don't do damage can be a bit annoying on GoD Madness because even the first round hell dice can slow you down quite a bit. For instance, AGSs can cast endure on the first round of GoD and then leave nearly all of the hell dice still alive, which will then stun, blind, or silence your team. My normal trooper autofarming team is Soldier Ed, AOF, and whichever toon my trooper uses. Generally, I'll use the troopers with non-damaging power moves when going through secret locations to avoid the slow-down on GoD Madness.

Coletrain
05-01-2017, 06:57 PM
Eddies are obviously easiest to work in, but I'm happy to play whatever toons you have. If it's weak, it gets used in the early game secret locations. I don't mind non-eddies because I typically have multiple eddies to ride rumble seat for experience anyway.

Askora
05-01-2017, 07:12 PM
My preference is Eddies. Much easier to run my own team through pve than having to accommodate for a particular toon. Sad thing is that I've got about 20 non-Ed troopers. Most are good enough to hang with my team though, so not all bad. A 4* blue bat may be leaving soon, but good otherwise.

Silentknight
05-01-2017, 07:14 PM
I never use Eddies cuz most have them. Prefer to put in toons that help with LoL, class wise. Always 5* maxed & fully sharded tho! Plus I farm Underworld Madness manually & I enjoy playing with different toons/setups. My Carriage Rider & Magus Golden Son can clear any level by themselves so any other toon will do!

kkkreg5
05-01-2017, 08:47 PM
I'll use weaker or lower level characters in the secret locations early on after the reset. Auto-farming runs smoother with upper level characters. Don't have to worry about spending ironite on revives.

Chaosego888
05-09-2017, 04:19 AM
It doesn't matter to me, I just prefer characters that are maxed so they can do their job wherever I decide to use them

zdm-1083
05-11-2017, 12:27 PM
I generally prefer Eddies, but don't mind if a trooper uses a strong toon that has a power move that does damage. I autofarm when using my troopers, so toons with power moves that don't do damage can be a bit annoying on GoD Madness because even the first round hell dice can slow you down quite a bit. For instance, AGSs can cast endure on the first round of GoD and then leave nearly all of the hell dice still alive, which will then stun, blind, or silence your team.

This.
Eddies FTW!

Patrice-1201
05-11-2017, 02:58 PM
This.
Eddies FTW!

Eddies for me as I rush through PVE farming so it makes things a lot easier as I just take them along my team ;-)

Kris-0707
05-11-2017, 04:33 PM
I don't mind Eddies or other toons, as long every trooper on my list will use my AoF every day, as I'm using all troopers daily since I started playing.

My farming team: Soldier Eddie, AoF & The Wicker Man
Farming spot: Crucible of Pain or Powerslave - super quick and only 4 SoT per battle.

I've got 5 troopers with AoF's so I'm using them first, then do all non-Eddies replacing Wicker Man and keeping mine AoF. Once they all used, I'm switching to my own team + Eddie trooper. It is not a secret that drop on GoD been nerfed since all peoples started to farm it for 3 star evo shards, I didn't have one *** coloured shard on GoD since months, so decided to not farm over there anymore. Drop on PvE is shitty everywhere so farming spot apart from LoLX's and sometimes secret locations doesn't matter.

IceManFerrar
05-24-2017, 10:23 PM
Hi all,
Resurrecting This thread a bit. I have had my fully maxed out Wickerman as my Champion for a while, but given that folks prefer Eddies to take along for autofarming, I was planning on changing my champion to my newly obtained Aces High Eddie. He is leveled up to 100, and has all 5* Lvl 50 Talismans, but no skill Shards as yet. I hope that won't be a problem. Hope This makes it more convenient for folks to auto-farm.

If any of my troopers want me to switch back to my Wickerman, then please PM me.

Cheers!

MetalKing
05-29-2017, 01:02 PM
My best toons at the moment for troopers to use is a carriage rider Eddie(4*) and the (5*) child of the dammed, which has multiple attack chances and high damage. Would my new (5*) wicker dog king be a good option?

Crazypants
05-29-2017, 06:52 PM
My best toons at the moment for troopers to use is a carriage rider Eddie(4*) and the (5*) child of the dammed, which has multiple attack chances and high damage. Would my new (5*) wicker dog king be a good option?

I cant think of any situation where I would want to see a wicker dog king in my trooper list. Stick with the Eddie. When in doubt always pick an Eddie as your trooper.

Enti
05-30-2017, 06:48 AM
Given that most people use their troopers by autoplaying Game of Death on Madness, having a trooper as champion does not interfere with their farming squad, whereas if you select an ally for a champion, people has to change their teams and build it around the trooper's champ. Moreover, if the ally champ is in a weaker league than the farming team, it can cause some problems on autoplay.

The workaround we generally make is using weaker allies on lower levels, e.g. early skull quests, where basically eddie only can kill the entire level - this way the ally does not interfere at all.

I'd say eddie as champ is working best.

BonFire
05-30-2017, 08:20 AM
For secret locations, I like toying around with Toons. Eddies are alright, but I have to rely on Angel of Fear's a lot for the higher levels. Extra turn and all.