PDA

View Full Version : Hit on Lady Luck last night, she accepted, and we danced the night away.

Jofer16
05-02-2017, 02:50 PM
i've been steadily missing a few toons i've always wanted, 2 newer ones, and 1 that's eluded me from day 1 since i started the LotB journey.

so last night I said F it, decided to sacrifice every dupe/non-essential character i've been saving, took all my trooper points and bought souls, and bought a bunch of rare souls as well and went on a sacrifice/soul opening binge determined to score or crash and burn in the process.

needless to say the gods of RNG blessed me. these were my 3 goals, and got them all, couldn't F'N believe it:

Green BB-8 - came out of an early rare soul opened.
Gunner Corrupt Rescuer - hit a vortex bonus with 4 GA souls included, popped from those.
Nomad - MY 3RD TO LAST SOUL after all resources were depleted. thought he eluded me once again, but the red eyes glared at the end, after months and months of hiding, like it was all meant to be. i did the happy dance.

just wanted to share for a good story. i've had shit for RNG soul luck lately, not getting much of anything. Fear is a disease, Hope is it's only cure.

Enti
05-02-2017, 02:53 PM
Congratz Jofer!

My Corrupt General and Warrior CotD are your Nomad :D

Guess you gonna put them to good use in PvP, especially the one speaking an ancient tongue

Killhouse
05-02-2017, 03:33 PM
i've been steadily missing a few toons i've always wanted, 2 newer ones, and 1 that's eluded me from day 1 since i started the LotB journey.

so last night I said F it, decided to sacrifice every dupe/non-essential character i've been saving, took all my trooper points and bought souls, and bought a bunch of rare souls as well and went on a sacrifice/soul opening binge determined to score or crash and burn in the process.

needless to say the gods of RNG blessed me. these were my 3 goals, and got them all, couldn't F'N believe it:

Gunner Corrupt Rescuer - hit a vortex bonus with 4 GA souls included, popped from those.
Nomad - MY 3RD TO LAST SOUL after all resources were depleted. thought he eluded me once again, but the red eyes glared at the end, after months and months of hiding, like it was all meant to be. i did the happy dance.

just wanted to share for a good story. i've had shit for RNG soul luck lately, not getting much of anything. Fear is a disease, Hope is it's only cure.

Congratulations, I finally got my Nomad last week from a rare souls from the sentinel LoL, not only was it shocking to get a soul to drop, but that it turned into him!!!

I shudder to think what defense you'll construct and how fast you'll clear now!

Jofer16
05-02-2017, 03:38 PM
Congratulations, I finally got my Nomad last week from a rare souls from the sentinel LoL, not only was it shocking to get a soul to drop, but that it turned into him!!!

I shudder to think what defense you'll construct and how fast you'll clear now!

grats :) i was shocked too, not only was it on one of my last souls, but also the only 5* i pulled.

BonFire
05-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Nice dude I should work on resources to get some souls done. Rainmaker, green BB-8, and Assassin Harpy are the ones I'm hoping for right now.

Jofer16
05-02-2017, 04:35 PM
Just saw incoming maintenance in a few hours. Bug fixes and new toons, what did I do to deserve this! :)

Silentknight
05-02-2017, 04:38 PM
Just saw incoming maintenance in a few hours. Bug fixes and new toons, what did I do to deserve this! :)

New scoring system would be nice! How long they gunna lose $ for? Amazing how cheap this has become!
Lmao, congrats on ur pulls!!!

Caretaker
05-02-2017, 05:06 PM
Great pulls 4u! Enjoy! If only some red eyes 😅

IceManFerrar
05-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Awesome luck, Jofer, good for you, mate! I would love to get my hands on the Gunner Corrupt Rescuer, one of the hardest characters to kill in PvP...I dread facing teams with it, especially when she uses her Powerskill to revive an ally.

As for the nomad, I hate to admit that I actually have two of him, and while I loved him in PvE, I don't know how to use him in PvP. Any tips/thoughts would be gratefully appreciated!

Tritium
05-02-2017, 06:14 PM
Nice pulls, Jofer! It's quite strange how the RNG works in this game. Considering how you've had a ton of vortex fills already, I'm quite surprised that you don't already have most of the characters in the game. I imagine that GCR will make offense quite a bit easier for you now! ;)

Askora
05-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Great pulls. I got Rainmaker and wickerman yesterday from a rare g/a and regular rare respectively. Dog of war for a legendary. Lol

Iceman GCR is good, but DD takes him down pretty easy. I used to have to crack his shell with CG.

Ian
05-02-2017, 06:33 PM
Nomad was my first 5* and I love him to bits, I'm sure you will too, he will be lethal in your hands.
I had high hopes for a GCR with my last lot of G/A souls but got a dupe rainmaker instead.... More fuel for the vortex lol

clintilona
05-02-2017, 06:52 PM
Congrats on the pulls. I did exactly what you did with the sacrificing of all dupes on launch day of sacrifice. That was a fun hour of getiing mountains of souls and skill shards.

Lady luck shined on me yesterday and I finally pulled my lone missing Eddie, Viking. Got him from a single rare souls after sacrificing a Sentinel Corrupt Droid.

Now I just need to get my hands on some rare G/A souls to try and get the last four rare characters that I am missing... Death Dog, Artillery Dog, Assassin Corrupt Rescuer and that goddamn elusive Prisoner. I have had terrible luck with G/A souls and have sacrificed extra Cyborgs, Rainmakers, GCR, Aces High, etc. Never seem to get what I need from them.

IceManFerrar
05-02-2017, 08:25 PM
Great pulls. I got Rainmaker and wickerman yesterday from a rare g/a and regular rare respectively. Dog of war for a legendary. Lol

Iceman GCR is good, but DD takes him down pretty easy. I used to have to crack his shell with CG.

Thanks Askora for the advice. Is the DD stand for Death Dog (assuming not demon Dog)? If so, i take it that it is due to the Death Dog's passive?
I have the AoP fully maxed and sharded, and it doesn't seem to work on the GCR. Is that a bug?

gmac
05-02-2017, 08:47 PM
Jesus Jofer, next time you have a meeting with RNG let me know and I'll try at the same time! lol Damn...

Good pulls man, congrats!

Enti
05-02-2017, 08:57 PM
sacrificed extra Cyborgs, Rainmakers

This part makes me cringe lol two out of 5 eddies I'm missing
Wonder how much more I have to wait to finish my collection. Jofer, lemme know when Lady Luck is available again xD

Only missing 8 toons from complete set of 3*+ and as Jofer I sacrificed countless souls already :(

Viking, VH, Rainmaker, Cyborg, CR
A Troll, S Harpy, CG, W CotD

Jofer16
05-02-2017, 09:14 PM
Jesus Jofer, next time you have a meeting with RNG let me know and I'll try at the same time! lol Damn...

Good pulls man, congrats!

thanks bud! and yeah she's elusive like The Last Unicorn (good book). i prayed to my gods and threw caution to the wind. sometimes the universe accepts the invitation to play your game :)

Jofer16
05-02-2017, 09:16 PM
This part makes me cringe lol two out of 5 eddies I'm missing
Wonder how much more I have to wait to finish my collection. Jofer, lemme know when Lady Luck is available again xD

Only missing 8 toons from complete set of 3*+ and as Jofer I sacrificed countless souls already :(

Viking, VH, Rainmaker, Cyborg, CR
A Troll, S Harpy, CG, W CotD

same here on the Cyborg. and based on other comments and the fact ive pulled like 3 or 4 rainmakers the last few weeks, it seems it's literally been raining rainmakers haha

Jofer16
05-02-2017, 09:18 PM

Wickermans were dropping like hot cakes, I think I pulled like 3 or 4 last night. I also got 3 carriage riders, seemed like a ton of the same drops, was odd.

druid138
05-02-2017, 09:30 PM
i prayed to my gods and threw caution to the wind. sometimes the universe accepts the invitation to play your game :)

Agreed! Very good life advice right there!

druid138-6195

Askora
05-02-2017, 09:37 PM
Thanks Askora for the advice. Is the DD stand for Death Dog (assuming not demon Dog)? If so, i take it that it is due to the Death Dog's passive?
I have the AoP fully maxed and sharded, and it doesn't seem to work on the GCR. Is that a bug?

Yes, referring to the death dog. His passive is more hit and miss now, but usually enough to drop GCR's defense. Since he's an assassin he also deals great damage against gcr. AOP should work, but not on the first round anymore. If it doesn't work on the second round then it's likely a bug. Don't have an aop to confirm.

Jofer16
05-02-2017, 10:38 PM
Awesome luck, Jofer, good for you, mate! I would love to get my hands on the Gunner Corrupt Rescuer, one of the hardest characters to kill in PvP...I dread facing teams with it, especially when she uses her Powerskill to revive an ally.

As for the nomad, I hate to admit that I actually have two of him, and while I loved him in PvE, I don't know how to use him in PvP. Any tips/thoughts would be gratefully appreciated!

Yeah didn't realize the significance of GCR until I dropped Prisoner on occasion, damn near impossible to kill if you don't make it a priority and disable it. Monster of a toon.

Killhouse provided insight on your Nomad questions in the Nomad thread.

IceManFerrar
05-03-2017, 01:05 AM
Thanks Askora and Jofer, great information! Cheers guys!

MoonShadow
05-03-2017, 12:57 PM
The gods of RNG really blessed you. But I think you've really deserved it! :cool:

Gunner Corrupt Rescuer - I hope she will be mine one day, it's a great toon for the PvP.

Monte47
05-03-2017, 03:39 PM

Nice! I want that Corrupt Rescuer!

My Green BB never leaves any of my rotations. He's my favorite

Cheers!
-Eskiggalu

Tridimensionale
05-03-2017, 04:16 PM
Nice one trooper !! Nomad still missing here :( it s about 3 month i buy red souls hoping for him but nothing..

Green BB-8 stands for corrupt droid ? If so i have one but never used..

RACCAR-8000
05-06-2017, 08:08 AM
I had 4 legendary souls saved up and I got 4 4star. 3 dupes and my first green harpy. Mad that I still haven't got several key toons I sacrifice away. Got 2 more legendary souls from vortex, and 2 4star dupes. More sacrifice and I get several ass/gun souls, all 3star dupes. Sacrifice... get lots of rare souls , dupe dupe dupe sacrifice sacrifice sacrifice. Then red souls , green souls junk ! I'm getting nothing. Then I get one rare soul and I get a visions Eddie.,' wtf ..all those great souls and nothing then one plain soul gets me a 5star Eddie. 💀

Fister
05-06-2017, 01:31 PM
I had 4 legendary souls saved up and I got 4 4star. 3 dupes and my first green harpy. Mad that I still haven't got several key toons I sacrifice away. Got 2 more legendary souls from vortex, and 2 4star dupes. More sacrifice and I get several ass/gun souls, all 3star dupes. Sacrifice... get lots of rare souls , dupe dupe dupe sacrifice sacrifice sacrifice. Then red souls , green souls junk ! I'm getting nothing. Then I get one rare soul and I get a visions Eddie.,' wtf ..all those great souls and nothing then one plain soul gets me a 5star Eddie. 💀

I read this as a complain. You get 2 really great toons and are mad about the 5* did not come from legendary soul instead of a rare soul?

Gee who cares how you score, being it from a narrow angle or from mid goal, as long as you do.

And gratz on those 2 pulls . I would be happy to pull them myself ☺

RACCAR-8000
05-06-2017, 06:36 PM
Well yes I was complaining some, but I was just dumfounded by the system. I've got lots of great characters and I'm very happy about the new Eddie. I spent a lot of souls I should get something good. And what's with visions Eddies fury haveing a negative effect on himself . 💀