PDA

View Full Version : Big hits

konstifik
05-04-2017, 07:35 AM
To spice up the LoL grind I tried to figure out how to put down the biggest possible damage in one hit against the LoL himself, all set up in one round. Today is sentinel day so it had to be a warrior. I don't really have any fully sharded warriors except for The Nomad, but he does true damage so it's harder to increase it a lot. I went with COTD who I at least have one shard on.

I put 6 strength talismans on my COTD and put him in a team with Holy Smokes Eddie, Vampire Hunter Eddie, The Nomad and Angel of Fear. I made sure to come into the boss wave with a full fury meter and at least 6 power.

Used Holy Smokes to put Ignite and Lower DEF on the boss, then had COTD use Physical Charge. Killed off a Golden Son with The Nomad to trigger extra turns. Switched Eddie to Vampire Hunter and used his fury on the other Golden Son to trigger Critical Strike. So, now with ATK UP from The Nomads passive and Physical Charge plus 100 % Critical Strike on my COTD, and Lower DEF and Ignite on the boss, I'm ready to strike. Perfect hit!

119 000 damage!

If my COTD had been fully sharded, it would have been a massive 220k hit (if the damage increases work as I think they do).

Needless to say, this is complete overkill (but who knows, it might be useful for future content) but it's a bit of fun.

For me, part of it was to do it all without giving the enemy a turn and to do it without relying on luck.

A fully sharded Cultist Warden might be able to make even more damage. His ATK is way lower of course, but he has an extra 20 % boost from shards on his basic skill and the damage increase from shards on his charge ability Ordain is way higher than that of shards on Physical Charge, but I'm not sure how Charge and Physical Charge compares. Imagine what he could do if you use multiple turns and put both Charge and Physical Charge on him. Yaowza!

Kardas
05-04-2017, 08:13 AM
Wow, that's pretty rad.

I'm trying to think of a good Magus counterpart to that one. The final blow should probably be a fully sharded Torch from Carriage Rider that has Magic Charge against an enemy that is Smited (Smote?). And maybe Cursed too. Not sure if Critical Strike works for Power moves.

Rainmaker + Charge & Critical Strike ought to be good fun too

konstifik
05-04-2017, 01:23 PM
Wow, that's pretty rad.

I'm trying to think of a good Magus counterpart to that one. The final blow should probably be a fully sharded Torch from Carriage Rider that has Magic Charge against an enemy that is Smited (Smote?). And maybe Cursed too. Not sure if Critical Strike works for Power moves.

Rainmaker + Charge & Critical Strike ought to be good fun too

Critical Strikes works for power moves, so that's a possibility to consider.

A good Magus counterpart could be done Magus Possessed Rockets, Pharaoh Dog King, Holy Smokes Eddie, Vampire Hunter Eddie and a fully sharded Magus Corrupt Rescuer. First take out the Newborn of Light as the Warrior ones will remove beneficial effects and destroy the build-up if you don't. Attack with PDK and hope for a curse. Then use the Rockets power move to get MAG UP buff for two turns. Use Holy Smokes to Smite and Lower MR. Next round, switch to Vampire Hunter and use fury to get critical strike. Use Magic Charge by PDK and then finally attack with Magus CR. Another version could be to attack with the rockets, who do pretty good damage actually, and use something else in place of the Magus CR.

konstifik
05-04-2017, 06:38 PM
Come to think about it, Corrupt Generals fury move is probably the hardest magic damage hit there is. The probem is that it has a bug and usually (always?) doesn't show the numbers of how much damage it does. Anyhow, Holy Smokes move to lower MR and smite combined with magic charge from PDK/WDQ and MAG UP from any of the toons that can help with that should make for a very heavy blow from a CG with fully sharded fury ability. The best is probably to use sentinel pyro soldier who gives MAG UP from his passive and who could also induce a burn for CG's fury to consume for extra damage.

Grim
05-04-2017, 09:08 PM
Come to think about it, Corrupt Generals fury move is probably the hardest magic damage hit there is. The probem is that it has a bug and usually (always?) doesn't show the numbers of how much damage it does. Anyhow, Holy Smokes move to lower MR and smite combined with magic charge from PDK/WDQ and MAG UP from any of the toons that can help with that should make for a very heavy blow from a CG with fully sharded fury ability. The best is probably to use sentinel pyro soldier who gives MAG UP from his passive and who could also induce a burn for CG's fury to consume for extra damage.

Once it hitted for 57k, that fury it's monstrous when you have to deal with warrior bosses.