PDA

View Full Version : The case against Counterstrike Talismans & a totally unrelated question

Askora
05-06-2017, 06:12 PM
I'm curious as to why the devs don't feel counterstrike is OP, when void shields were nerfed from 35% to 25% damage.

Void Shields proc at 35% (only on a perfect hit).
Counterstrike proc at 35% (any attack).

Void shields can be countered by Take, Isolate, Siege, ANBOL, WNBOL, and a few other ways.
Counterstrike can be countered in much the same way.

Void shields you actually have some control over the amount of damage reflected, as you can intentionally make a bad hit to reduce damage.
Counterstrike is usually going to go on a toon who is already nearly OP without it.

Void shield is readily available to all players.
Counterstrike takes 1500 iron coins for one set, not everyone can get the 1500 coins to get them. I have them, but my brother who currently is stuck with a 4* Eddie has no chance in pvp as most of the teams he faces are lvl 100 5*.

Also, not sure as I've only faced them a few times in pvp, think I had a counterattack on me that removed my beneficial effects. So, with two high powered toons equipped, that would mean the first one strips away beneficial effects and the second delivers the killing blow.

I think they need a serious nerf. Lower the percentage chance for triggering, reduce the damage dealt by a counterstrike attack, or something else. Suggestions?

The unrelated question. Are death mark talismans still farmable somewhere in the game? I have one, and not sure where I got it (I think Underworld Madness Secret Level). If they are, apparently my luck is just shit for them.

Chaosego888
05-07-2017, 03:31 AM
Death talismans still drop from secret locations but seem to be even more rare than Invisibility for me

Askora
05-07-2017, 03:37 AM
Death talismans still drop from secret locations but seem to be even more rare than Invisibility for me

Thanks, good to know. I've gotten invisibility plenty of times, only once have I gotten a death talisman. Got Rainmaker, and it'll be a while before I get him sharded, and it would be nice to have that to complement him. Maybe by the time I finish GRE and get Rainmaker done I'll be up to two death talismans. :rolleyes:

Chaosego888
05-07-2017, 03:53 AM
Thanks, good to know. I've gotten invisibility plenty of times, only once have I gotten a death talisman. Got Rainmaker, and it'll be a while before I get him sharded, and it would be nice to have that to complement him. Maybe by the time I finish GRE and get Rainmaker done I'll be up to two death talismans. :rolleyes:
It would be nice if we could trade talismans. I have about 5 sets of those things. I think they used to drop in underworld. I just dropped 32 skill shards on my Rainmaker after I got a pile of them when Sacrifice arrived. He works a little better at PvP than I expected. I have a set of those strike talismans you hate so much on him right now and a set of vampire

90mphyorker
05-07-2017, 04:18 AM
When they proc 3/4 times or 4/4 times when I'm attacking they are too powerful.

When I'm attacked and they proc 3/4 times or 4/4 times they are just fine.

Askora
05-07-2017, 04:20 AM
It would be nice if we could trade talismans. I have about 5 sets of those things. I think they used to drop in underworld. I just dropped 32 skill shards on my Rainmaker after I got a pile of them when Sacrifice arrived. He works a little better at PvP than I expected. I have a set of those strike talismans you hate so much on him right now and a set of vampire

No kidding. I've got 9 invisibility talismans sitting in my inventory (only 3*), plus some stored on toons as well as the ones I use. Not even sure how many I've had to sell because of lack of space. All that, and one Death talisman. I guess that one was just to tease me.

Chaosego888
05-07-2017, 04:33 AM
No kidding. I've got 9 invisibility talismans sitting in my inventory (only 3*), plus some stored on toons as well as the ones I use. Not even sure how many I've had to sell because of lack of space. All that, and one Death talisman. I guess that one was just to tease me.
I know how you feel there. I have 2 of those Thorn talismans hoping they put them back in the game at some point so I can get the 3rd one

Askora
05-07-2017, 04:54 AM
I know how you feel there. I have 2 of those Thorn talismans hoping they put them back in the game at some point so I can get the 3rd one

I started playing at the very end of December, so missed out completely on those as well as others. I get to see some of them in action in pvp and that's about it.:D

Askora
05-07-2017, 04:56 AM

Of course, we all want some advantage. But, the advantage should be in strategy and not just who had access to the talismans.

HeadOnFire
08-01-2017, 11:25 PM

I agree with the point you are making about how people will generally only complain about things that don't help them, but counterstrike really does trigger too often. It says 35% chance, but I almost never see it not trigger. To be fair, I've only fought against 4 or 5 teams that had counterstrike. But in all those battles, the character(s) with the talisman only failed to counter once, if at all