PDA

View Full Version : The case against Counterstrike Talismans

Askora
05-06-2017, 07:18 PM
I'm curious as to why the devs don't feel counterstrike is OP, when void shields were nerfed from 35% to 25% damage.

Void Shields proc at 35% (only on a perfect hit).
Counterstrike proc at 35% (any attack).

Void shields can be countered by Take, Isolate, Siege, ANBOL, WNBOL, and a few other ways.
Counterstrike can be countered in much the same way.

Void shields you actually have some control over the amount of damage reflected, as you can intentionally make a bad hit to reduce damage.
Counterstrike is usually going to go on a toon who is already nearly OP without it.

Void shield is readily available to all players.
Counterstrike takes 1500 iron coins for one set, not everyone can get the 1500 coins to get them. I have them, but my brother who currently is stuck with a 4* Eddie has no chance in pvp as most of the teams he faces are lvl 100 5*.

Also, not sure as I've only faced them a few times in pvp, think I had a counterattack on me that removed my beneficial effects. So, with two high powered toons equipped, that would mean the first one strips away beneficial effects and the second delivers the killing blow.

I think they need a serious nerf. Lower the percentage chance for triggering, reduce the damage dealt by a counterstrike attack, or something else. Suggestions?

Reposted as I felt this was a better place to put this. Also, unable to delete the original post so now there's two.

Askora
05-06-2017, 08:15 PM
Almost forgot, void still sometimes fails to reflect damage.

Tritium
05-07-2017, 02:02 AM
Also, not sure as I've only faced them a few times in pvp, think I had a counterattack on me that removed my beneficial effects. So, with two high powered toons equipped, that would mean the first one strips away beneficial effects and the second delivers the killing blow.

Are you sure that counterattack wasn't from a warrior or assassin Newborn of Light? Their basic attacks remove all beneficial effects.

Askora
05-07-2017, 02:41 AM
Are you sure that counterattack wasn't from a warrior or assassin Newborn of Light? Their basic attacks remove all beneficial effects.

That's why I'm not 100% sure, I've faced both the Newborns of Light and the counterattack talismans. I'll be paying closer attention this week for sure.

Even if it was a Newborn of Light, I think the rest of the post is still valid. Why nerf the void talisman for being OP, then put out a new talisman that has the potential to be far more OP.

Tritium
05-07-2017, 02:57 AM
That's why I'm not 100% sure, I've faced both the Newborns of Light and the counterattack talismans. I'll be paying closer attention this week for sure.

Even if it was a Newborn of Light, I think the rest of the post is still valid. Why nerf the void talisman for being OP, then put out a new talisman that has the potential to be far more OP.

Yeah, it is rather weird logic. Even with a 12% proc rate, the talismans would still be insanely good. I've gotten used to working around them by now, but I feel bad for the newer players who don't have access to all of the resources we have built up over time to counter them.

Askora
05-07-2017, 03:31 AM
That's my thought, 12% would be a lot more in line with the rest of the talismans available. They'd still be as viable as freeze and paralysis. I'm aware they only last 3 turns, but very often the battle is already decided at that point.

Askora
05-07-2017, 04:59 AM
Just had Madand3r's Eddie attack my team because my SGS put up a shield. Unless they changed it, I don't think that counts as an attack.

Grim
05-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Almost forgot, void still sometimes fails to reflect damage.

That happens A LOT, especially when I am fighting in the Arena.