PDA

View Full Version : PvP Week 13 - Statistics and Discussion

Nicko
05-07-2017, 02:44 PM
Big props to HomemLivre who led his Visions Eddie and team to the top! Led the pack all week and no one ever caught up. Well done!

Another wacky week - both on the forum and in the arena

1) An easy-as-pie crack in the system that Slauki exposed months ago in beta was actually executed in the arena and got everyone's attention - including the developers. A "spirited debate" ensued that I wasn't going to touch with a ten foot pole ;) But just as the developers are revising the point system after the incentive not to play was exposed last week, they can no longer ignore this potential cheat. Attack limits - or some other means of preventing it from happening - have to be implemented. A player named Steve was propelled up right after reset - likely in the same fashion as the event last week.

2) With the awesome weekend we had here in Chicago I simply refreshed every half hour and manually about 20 times on Saturday (200 Ironite or $6.00) to attack top players (sorry guys - you know who you are) ;). Couldn't play last three hours before reset. Still was top 25 but fell 9 places in the last three hours of course. While the Saturday rush is exciting, here in the States I see life getting in the way of PvP achievements with the longer days and nicer weather. It will be interesting to see if the point system the developers come up with affect that because sun-beer-fresh air before Eddie (sorry Eddie).

Numbers this week:

Number of Attacks made: 144

Attacks against: 131

It looks like the matchmaking has been working really well. With a point system overhaul this could be a really solid experience.

Thanks for posting and good luck in the arena!

Chaosego888
05-07-2017, 03:02 PM
Attacks 234
Defenses 192

Arena was definitely more fun this week with more variety of teams but now I am having trouble finding time to play as much. I am not a fan of all the negativity, misunderstanding, trolling, jealousy, etc. so I don't know how much time I am going to be spending in these forums going forward

Shaolin85london
05-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Attack 175
Defense 156

Final rank #29

MrFreeze
05-07-2017, 03:27 PM
301/248

Congratulations Homemlivre. I'm glad you didn't get beat by that crap. I'm amazed it's still even possible. I thought in the 3 months I was gone they'd have plugged that hole already.

I must have been invisible to the matchmaking system last week. It was much tougher this week. I was getting hit constantly the last couple hours as I tried to climb. My defense only works if I get lucky so I barely held on to 50 by the end. Was shooting for top 25, but it just wasn't happening.

Ringe666-7406
05-07-2017, 03:41 PM
My numbers are pretty much same as the last week, 2572 pts (2584 last week), rank 38 (32), attacks 239/242 (244/252) and def 30/211 (30/217). Funny how this week I pulled up 14 holds on Sunday and Monday only, and the rest 16 I got from then until reset. Seems like my def won't see any better days soon.

PerthEddie
05-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Attacks: 42
Defence: 39

Work and life were way way more important than a game this last week for me

surfingwithdje
05-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Congrats to homemlivre who was the leader during all the week, and to Gmac who did an awesome rush saturday!
I very enjoyed the arena this week, and saw how the battle can be furious to hold a top 5 or a top 10 rank!

I was attaqued so hard the last 3 hours, but i tried to keep my tier ranking without revenge my troopers and those just behind me who battled for the rank #10.
Well done to all!

The competition is more fair for everyone now with the 1:1 ratio system, nice that the game go in the right way with a future improvement for the point system and better rewards!

This week :
Rank #8,
atk/def: 279/243

Eddie_PL
05-07-2017, 06:48 PM
The competition is more fair for everyone now

The competitions would be fairer if everyone will have acces to all characters. Without having Nomad, Pharaoh, Visions Eddie or yellow rescuer there is not even close to call it fair competition. And this new striking talizmans, fail of design imho.

Tritium
05-07-2017, 07:02 PM
This week was a busy one for me. Wasn't able to play for nearly all of Saturday until two-ish hours after the reset due to uni graduation. As such, I had to rely on what momentum I could build up beforehand. I finished with:

Attacks: 164
Defends: 143

I'm still having trouble building a good defense. It seems like the recent updates have made it easier on offense for everyone now, and that VE is king for defense. I'd be curious to know if anyone has actually experienced an increase in their hold percentage after the update without having a VE. Will have to tinker around some more, but for now, I need a truck load of skill shards (also hoping the next update doesn't ruin what I'm currently building!).

slauki
05-07-2017, 07:32 PM
attacks 200
defenses 174

matchmaking works very good, i like that a lot. as nicko stated when the new pointsystem comes along (and soulshards hopefully) pvp will be a nice
experience. defenses will have a hard time i feel, despite VE and some premium chars i couldn't reach 20%. maybe i do something wrong but i feel
it will get even worse next week for most of us.

anyway what i really enjoy is the new variation we see in PVP nowadays. it's fun to play different teams and not only the mummy/ssd, prisoner or aop combos.
many creative compositions out there, so this feature is going in the right direction. as long as it doesn't stop it will be fine soon.

despite this all, we need more content...it's been a way too long time without something new in the game aside from talismans...

and please give us the possibillity to get shell and immunity talismans again befpre BNW comes out :-)

Monte47
05-07-2017, 07:48 PM
221 I attacked
186 was attacked
84%

Currently holding at 0% 😂

Congrats Homem!
Eskiggalu

surfingwithdje
05-07-2017, 08:00 PM
The competitions would be fairer if everyone will have acces to all characters. Without having Nomad, Pharaoh, Visions Eddie or yellow rescuer there is not even close to call it fair competition. And this new striking talizmans, fail of design imho.
Sure that we need good characters for being competitive but any character is absolutely a must have now because any has an exclusive skill... Not perfect but It's a little better than before when the prisoner was a really must have toon. Bad that the RNG rarely gives us the character we are really wanted, i hope that the future fragment souls will fix that...
For the strike talismants they made the red characters more stronger than before, we had to adapt (the arena was more green oriented before)

Chaosego888
05-07-2017, 08:06 PM
This week was a busy one for me. Wasn't able to play for nearly all of Saturday until two-ish hours after the reset due to uni graduation. As such, I had to rely on what momentum I could build up beforehand. I finished with:

Attacks: 164
Defends: 143

I'm still having trouble building a good defense. It seems like the recent updates have made it easier on offense for everyone now, and that VE is king for defense. I'd be curious to know if anyone has actually experienced an increase in their hold percentage after the update without having a VE. Will have to tinker around some more, but for now, I need a truck load of skill shards (also hoping the next update doesn't ruin what I'm currently building!).
I didn't get a single hold until Wednesday and put my Rainmaker in thinking it would just get worse and I started getting holds. I was completely shocked because when I test defenses everything I put in is easy for me to beat.

mjmxiii
05-07-2017, 08:09 PM
Attacks: 88
Defense: 83

Skill shards and Legendary souls continue to be my only motivation to play PvP since it was released... but opening so many dupes gives that reason to play less importance. I respectfully think the rewards for playing PvP are far more of an issue than the points system and should really be addressed as equally as the points system is.

A mix of what the Sparton 300 did with reward tiers for amount of attacks and a better pool of rewards for top 25 should really be looked into by the team. The arena store should be unlimited purchase for souls and shards only and not contain talismans as those should remain available only through grinding and random drops.

All that aside, congrats HomemLivre, you seem like good people and a smart player that worked hard to develop his strategy. You deserve to be Eternal and after this weeks lame PvP trolling episode (close as I'm gonna get to it), just want to say that I'm glad NF made things right and would ask that folks not ruin things for everyone else just because they are unhappy with the way things are... but who would listen lol...

Cheers to all the true PvP warriors out there!

mk ultra
05-07-2017, 08:30 PM
attack wins: 89% (385/435)
defense wins: 21% (73/347)

i was aiming for top 5 but it seems that i'm not fast enough and not good enough for the task.

R1ck
05-07-2017, 09:37 PM

Hope there's new content soon, BNW.

HomemLivre
05-07-2017, 10:13 PM
Big props to HomemLivre who led his Visions Eddie and team to the top! Led the pack all week and no one ever caught up. Well done!

Thanks Nicko!! I noticed all of your attacks this week hahaha, but this is part of the game and we need to know how to get through it :p

301/248

Congratulations Homemlivre. I'm glad you didn't get beat by that crap.

Thank you man and Im sorry about the number of attacks on you, seriously, your almost in all of the lists for me hahahah

Congrats to homemlivre who was the leader during all the week, and to Gmac who did an awesome rush saturday!
I very enjoyed the arena this week, and saw how the battle can be furious to hold a top 5 or a top 10 rank!

Yeah, that rush was really nice to watch! And tks man, was a little nice week in PvP.

All that aside, congrats HomemLivre, you seem like good people and a smart player that worked hard to develop his strategy. You deserve to be Eternal and after this weeks lame PvP trolling episode (close as I'm gonna get to it), just want to say that I'm glad NF made things right and would ask that folks not ruin things for everyone else just because they are unhappy with the way things are... but who would listen lol...

Cheers to all the true PvP warriors out there!

Wow man, I thought that PvP was ended for me when that thing happened in the arena, glad that NF team act fast and get the things back to normal and I could achiev the Eternal. Tks about your comments, Its good to see that people recognize the work to get a good defense hahah, tks man, you seems to be a nice guy to :)

---------------

I want to share some thoghts with you guys about my experience this week.

First my numbers:
Att: 394 (rush last day)
Def: 264

During all the week I only used my free SoW, didn't buy any refill and yet I was able to stay in first place during all the week. That shows at least for me how important def is in this game, BUT in the last day my hold rate droped a little.

The current point system is really painfull to top tier players, loose 20 points and gain only 12 makes the game incredibly hard and imho unfair.
This need to be actualized asap.
Many had the idea to reward holds instead of punish losses and I fully agree with that, looks to be the most nice way.

About some chars and issues:
- Gunner Corrupt Rescuer: his titan shield is completly broken, recovering from nothing, even depleted it came back when you try to steal...
- Nomad: his first hits damage are insane and if you dont have a shell you can say goodbye to your char, even magus ones. I think that when BNW shows up will be easier to deal with it.
- Gunner Art Dog: face some art dogs during the week and only one dont work as it should immunizing everyone, but when I tried to freeze the whole team with 100% chance none were frozen what makes me think that the bug was only visual (in this single case).

Want to thank some guys that cheer for me and helped me this week in many ways, your the best.

Everyone who wants to try the Eternal must do It, at least for me this experience changed the way I saw the arena and makes me try to build dif teams and ways to face other teams (that is awesome).

Anyways, this week was the one that I saw MANY dif team combinations and ideas, thats showing the way to a good and improved place for everyone.

Good week everyone, that was really nice!

Cheers

Nicko
05-08-2017, 12:44 AM
Interesting - your ratio was really good in this new 1:1 environment. Either the PvP gods were with you and the 1:1 matchmaking missed you or - much more likely - a high number of last day attacks outpaced the ability of the system to get you on attack lists.

This has been the case in the past - but good to know it's still present in the current PvP environment.

I was asking myself today if there is a need to continue these threads - other than the obvious "water cooler" benefit where players can chat about their experiences - but looking at your numbers - I think the answer is definitely "yes".

Congrats and thanks for posting! And agree with your observation - if you're going to take an early lead - a good defense is needed to keep you there with this point system.

Kudos!

HomemLivre
05-08-2017, 01:42 AM
Interesting - your ratio was really good in this new 1:1 environment. Either the PvP gods were with you and the 1:1 matchmaking missed you or - much more likely - a high number of last day attacks outpaced the ability of the system to get you on attack lists.

This has been the case in the past - but good to know it's still present in the current PvP environment.

I was asking myself today if there is a need to continue these threads - other than the obvious "water cooler" benefit where players can chat about their experiences - but looking at your numbers - I think the answer is definitely "yes".

Congrats and thanks for posting! And agree with your observation - if you're going to take an early lead - a good defense is needed to keep you there with this point system.

Kudos!

Its a game based in strategy and I tried to build the better that I could to this system we have and look like it worked.
I didn't get invisible to others (especially for you, with like more or less 10 attacks of yours only in the last day), the arena apparently remained calm during the whole Saturday, only having great activity in the last three hours when I only could maintain my points and was impossible to climb furter.

Nicko
05-08-2017, 01:49 AM
Working around the current point structure - and maximizing it to your advantage - is definitely part of the strategy.

The arena has been strange the past couple weeks - quiet - which makes sense based on the point system. But you were ahead the whole week - and never let up.

You definitely deserved this one and I was glad to see you take it ;)

HomemLivre
05-08-2017, 01:59 AM
Working around the current point structure - and maximizing it to your advantage - is definitely part of the strategy.

The arena has been strange the past couple weeks - quiet - which makes sense based on the point system. But you were ahead the whole week - and never let up.

You definitely deserved this one and I was glad to see you take it ;)

Tks man! hehe

BG840
05-08-2017, 02:38 AM
ATK-141
DEF-123

First off Congrats to Homemlivre well deserved bro!!

I noticed early in the week my holds were up more THAN normal. THEN I started tinkering around and screwed it up. I don't have a VE myself, and I encountered only a handful that gave me any trouble. The GCR is a different beast though. With the right set up and lose coin toss it's lights out. If you survive to one on one sometimes 2on1 against him, game over as well. I also noticed a lot of things not procing a good bit of the time. Anyone else have issues or am I imagining things? Props to the dev team for their continued work on the points system.

HomemLivre
05-08-2017, 02:47 AM
First off Congrats to Homemlivre well deserved bro!!

Tks man! :)

DaveMurray
05-08-2017, 08:10 AM
Gratz to HomeLivre even if i hate him a bit for the last minute attacks that dropped me from top 100.
I am joking ofc, i don't mind at all cause i don't have the proper toons to chase high places.

My stats for this week:
ATK-257
DEF-224

I don't know if it's the point system or the terrible RNG that keeps most of the players from obtaining OP toons and Eddies but i have a feeling that the participation in the Arena is small.

scott-5496
05-08-2017, 09:57 AM
A lot easier this week to stay higher up and I am all for that - had a few refills but other than that a cheap week on PVP.

I ended up 17 with 193 attacks and 165 defences.

Still have a terrible defence hold rate but hey ho!

MoonShadow
05-08-2017, 10:17 AM
I don't know if it's the point system or the terrible RNG that keeps most of the players from obtaining OP toons and Eddies but i have a feeling that the participation in the Arena is small.I'm pretty sure there are both, the point system and the terrible RNG, since we are losing way too many points because of the defense, and if we have a weak defense, it's because we don't have at least one of the OP toons needed. After a certain level, I noticed that almost every defense has either a Nomad, a Troll, a Gunner Corrupt Rescuer or a Corrupt General for ex., or many of those... Add a unlucky coin flip plus lots of CS talismans and you're fried in the first round. :p

ATK: 184
DEF: 165

An ugly PvP week, anyway, but still it's better than have 300+ defenses..

Enti
05-08-2017, 11:03 AM
Something went astray in my position last week :D

161/145, place: 28th

Used only free SoW. As I couldn't engage in Saturday rush, I just logged in occasionally and skipped all my high rank troopers not to interfere with their fights.

And gratz mate for Eternal! Great job you did there, especially with a relatively low attack number.

As for another thing, I'll be on holiday between May 11th - May 14th. I'll try to play my troopers, but would like to ask for your patience, as my London trip is way more important than LotB. Creating a thread and putting in my signature as well fyi

Shaolin85london
05-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Something went astray in my position last week :D

161/145, place: 28th

Used only free SoW. As I couldn't engage in Saturday rush, I just logged in occasionally and skipped all my high rank troopers not to interfere with their fights.

And gratz mate for Eternal! Great job you did there, especially with a relatively low attack number.

As for another thing, I'll be on holiday between May 11th - May 14th. I'll try to play my troopers, but would like to ask for your patience, as my London trip is way more important than LotB. Creating a thread and putting in my signature as well fyi

Get ready for a cold weather buddy, currently we still walk with the coat on 😃

Enti
05-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Get ready for a cold weather buddy, currently we still walk with the coat on 😃

Thanks for the info, I'll put something warm in the luggage.

hold
05-08-2017, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the info, I'll put something warm in the luggage.

Don't know if you've been to England before but if you like cider try to find a brand called Orchard Pig - that is soooo yummy :)

Enti
05-08-2017, 01:44 PM
Don't know if you've been to England before but if you like cider try to find a brand called Orchard Pig - that is soooo yummy :)

My first time in England. I'm not that much into cider, but I'll definitely try it.

HomemLivre
05-08-2017, 01:50 PM
Gratz to HomeLivre even if i hate him a bit for the last minute attacks that dropped me from top 100.

Oh man, Im sorry about that, just like MrFreeze your name appeared in almost all my attack lists :/ But tks for the congrats, appreciated!

Cheers

Tks mate! I noticed that you didn't attacked me, didn't know if its couse Im not showed up in your list or becouse you want not to attack hahaha

Don't think about the points, I will sent you some! I don't dropped Bill when he take a 40 days break and he received all his 40 days points hahahah, have a good trip!

hold
05-08-2017, 01:54 PM
My first time in England. I'm not that much into cider, but I'll definitely try it.

Ok ... and if you get bored in London of all the Starbucks, Pret A Manger, Costa and all that other fast food shit that you find on every corner -> visit Borough Market (http://boroughmarket.org.uk/). It's very close to the London Bridge and the food is absolutely fantastic.

Enti
05-08-2017, 01:55 PM
Ok ... and if you get bored in London of all the Starbucks, Pret A Manger, Costa and all that other fast food shit that you find on every corner -> visit Borough Market (http://boroughmarket.org.uk/). It's very close to the London Bridge and the food is absolutely fantastic.

It's already in the schedule :)

Enti
05-08-2017, 01:58 PM
Tks mate! I noticed that you didn't attacked me, didn't know if its couse Im not showed up in your list or becouse you want not to attack hahaha

Don't think about the points, I will sent you some! I don't dropped Bill when he take a 40 days break and he received all his 40 days points hahahah, have a good trip!

Yup, it was intentional as I knew I won't place top 25 anyway due to lack of time. You did appear I think twice on my list, and I really wanted to go and test that defense of yours.

HomemLivre
05-08-2017, 02:02 PM
Yup, it was intentional as I knew I won't place top 25 anyway due to lack of time. You did appear I think twice on my list, and I really wanted to go and test that defense of yours.

Heheh, tks mate! Feel free to test my defense anytime you want to, its not big deal :p

Kamuz24z
05-08-2017, 06:35 PM
552 attacks 95%
406 defense 27%
I attack to much early in the week because I run out of coins and I've save around 90 sands of war and play all of them in one shot on Monday

Peppoah
05-09-2017, 02:04 PM
I'm in this game for a really long time, but still don't understand the rating system in the arena. Last week I was rank 1777 with 300 attacks and 234 won, my defense was 268 with 59 won. What can I do to get a better place? 2923

R1ck
05-09-2017, 02:47 PM
I'm in this game for a really long time, but still don't understand the rating system in the arena. Last week I was rank 1777 with 300 attacks and 234 won, my defense was 268 with 59 won. What can I do to get a better place? 2923
I recommend you to increase your attack win percentage, your team should be prepared to hold the first round, then use a toon for healing and your sentinel corrupt droid to protect in next round. You have an AoF which can hit hard, get him a set of shell talismans and immunity.

CanyptianFit
05-09-2017, 04:10 PM
+1 to what R1ck recommends!

Higher win rate will dramatically improve score.

Peppoah
05-09-2017, 04:30 PM
I recommend you to increase your attack win percentage, your team should be prepared to hold the first round, then use a toon for healing and your sentinel corrupt droid to protect in next round. You have an AoF which can hit hard, get him a set of shell talismans and immunity.

Thank you for your information, R1ck.
My team consists mainly of the two Pyros green and red with void talismans on the green and vampiric on the red one. The third one for healing is the blue golden son with four holy and two Warp talismans. I change the eddies depending on what my opponent has. I use mostly the mummy, but also the tailgunner, holy smoke or soldier.
It's really hard to win against teams with the GR and GCR. If it's just one of them, it's okay, but two are hell. The prisoner is also hard because he blocks the golden sons revive, but he can be killed easy.

Jofer16
05-10-2017, 12:08 AM
A "spirited debate" ensued that I wasn't going to touch with a ten foot pole ;)

yeah i was the 1st to not remain silent and call him out. someone's gotta take one for the team and deal with the consequences, we're all passionate about this game so figured id stick up for it. thanks to everyone else that feels the same way and tossed in their 2 cents.

scott-5496
05-10-2017, 11:02 AM
yeah i was the 1st to not remain silent and call him out. someone's gotta take one for the team and deal with the consequences, we're all passionate about this game so figured id stick up for it. thanks to everyone else that feels the same way and tossed in their 2 cents.

It was just such a waste of time and effort what he did I think - no one gained anything from it that I can tell...well other than all the money that was spent on beating the system of course. As was noted the exploit had been highlighted before so nothing new other than the guy wanted to bring it much more to the fore with the devs.....to me that was a pointless gesture on all counts. What I really did not like was the goading and hate that followed - what was that all about? Jeez it's a game and there is no basis to name call and be offensive to any players (other than to stick up for yourself I guess but even than cyber fist waving is so easy to do isn't it - I know someone who lost a friend to it a few years back and it was devastating to lots of folk at the time so I have some experience of seeing what this can cause....clearly this is not anywhere as bad as that!) but it should not be personal.

The money would be better served being used to help some charities saving lives somewhere but of course everyone can spend their hard earned money how they want. I really wish no ill on anyone at all and certainly not on a game - just wish these cyber threats merchants would chill out and grow up a bit - life is too short for it (only my view of course as lots of people thrive on arguing and causing grief....)

Hopefully, a more calm and settled week this week!

zdm-1083
05-10-2017, 12:11 PM
Congrats Homemlivre for #1!
Your def team is a mess to attack, grz! XD
I wonder hold rate you got with this team.

I like the challenge and the diversity nowadays in def team.

261 attacks
229 defs

My def reached 20% \o/
Also I went berzerk on ironite investment early in the week to be able to buy all I need.

Best strategy to up iron coins, is to do rush in one time even it's harder, anyone agree?
Because it is better to gain 15 coins by win for 30 or 40 games than spending ironite along the week
and ends in the situation where you almost always win 10/12 iron coins because all invest is lost due to def hold rate...

Also my attack is improving, I hope I will be able to reach 90%+ week 14. :cool:

HomemLivre
05-10-2017, 01:38 PM
Congrats Homemlivre for #1!
Your def team is a mess to attack, grz! XD
I wonder hold rate you got with this team.

I like the challenge and the diversity nowadays in def team.

Best strategy to up iron coins, is to do rush in one time even it's harder, anyone agree?
Because it is better to gain 15 coins by win for 30 or 40 games than spending ironite along the week
and ends in the situation where you almost always win 10/12 iron coins because all invest is lost due to def hold rate...

Also my attack is improving, I hope I will be able to reach 90%+ week 14. :cool:

Tks man! Congrats on your better attack to!

About the coins, try to get the most you can when your receiving more coins due to your rank :)

Cheers!

zdm-1083
05-10-2017, 04:10 PM
About your hold rate Homemlivre did you see it as a secret?
It is obviously OK if you don't want to share it ^^

This point system is not rewarding at all...
Quick math shows it so well...

In your case if I do the math, assuming you have a win rate at 95%
It implies that you should have loss "only" around 2K point through defense.
Meaning that you are far over 50% of hold rate!
That's amazing!
Ofc if I'm not wrong.

I should do the math for other top player XD

HomemLivre
05-10-2017, 04:34 PM
About your hold rate Homemlivre did you see it as a secret?
It is obviously OK if you don't want to share it ^^

This point system is not rewarding at all...
Quick math shows it so well...

In your case if I do the math, assuming you have a win rate at 95%
It implies that you should have loss "only" around 2K point through defense.
Meaning that you are far over 50% of hold rate!
That's amazing!
Ofc if I'm not wrong.

hahahahm your far away to high on your math!

gmac
05-10-2017, 05:02 PM

Which one? :)

Oh, and here are my stats

471/329

Ratio was close to 1:1 all week. Saturday rush skewed it a bit.

Thanks Nicko for maintaining this thread every week.

Cheers,
gmac

Tritium
05-10-2017, 05:53 PM
Of note, I've discovered that sometimes the 1:1 ratio will be a bit delayed, meaning that you can sometimes have 40+ more attacks than defends, but the ratio will ALWAYS even out. I had this happen two days ago where my attacks were significantly higher than my defends (and I wasn't receiving many new attacks after going on small attack sprees myself), but woke up yesterday to over 20 attacks and an even ratio. Since the system sometimes seems to be a bit delayed, this could open up possibilities for last minute runs before reset.

Though I must say, waking up to 20+ attacks was rather demotivating. This point system really needs to be changed for the better. I was burning all of my SOW just for iron coins, and I've found that if you aren't careful when doing so, you'll end up falling incredibly far in the ranks. Not cool to be punished for simply trying to keep up with the normal SOW you accumulate over time.

Nicko
05-11-2017, 02:03 PM
Of note, I've discovered that sometimes the 1:1 ratio will be a bit delayed, meaning that you can sometimes have 40+ more attacks than defends, but the ratio will ALWAYS even out. I had this happen two days ago where my attacks were significantly higher than my defends (and I wasn't receiving many new attacks after going on small attack sprees myself), but woke up yesterday to over 20 attacks and an even ratio. Since the system sometimes seems to be a bit delayed, this could open up possibilities for last minute runs before reset.

Though I must say, waking up to 20+ attacks was rather demotivating. This point system really needs to be changed for the better. I was burning all of my SOW just for iron coins, and I've found that if you aren't careful when doing so, you'll end up falling incredibly far in the ranks. Not cool to be punished for simply trying to keep up with the normal SOW you accumulate over time.

Yup. Bucked the strategy I used the last couple weeks just a little bit - cause it's effective but boring as anything. My attacks made were about 25 times over the number of times I was attacked. For some reason the ratio got far behind - which isn't good if you're near the top because every broken defense will cost you 20 points.

My reward? A plummet of 40 places overnight - and likely still more to come as the ratio continues to even.

Until this update comes - we are penalized for playing and rewarded for sitting on our asses.

Absolutely crazy how broken this is...

Silentknight
05-11-2017, 02:13 PM
Yup. Bucked the strategy I used the last couple weeks just a little bit - cause it's effective but boring as anything. My attacks made were about 25 times over the number of times I was attacked. For some reason the ratio got far behind - which isn't good if you're near the top because every broken defense will cost you 20 points.

My reward? A plummet of 40 places overnight - and likely still more to come as the ratio continues to even.

Until this update comes - we are penalized for playing and rewarded for sitting on our asses.

Bored,bored,bored!!!

Killhouse
05-11-2017, 02:39 PM
Agreed!

I blew some extra sands early in the week for iron coins and to actually play PVP. My reward was dropping from 2,500 to about 1,900 as the ratio evened out (My D % is what I consider fairly high as well).

Now by just picking on teams higher ranked than me, I'm back to 2,400 and bored with no motivation to PVP aside from attacking the 1 or 2 people that appear on my list with more points.

R1ck
05-11-2017, 02:51 PM

So true, this point system discourage people from playing, and really don't care much about buying new talismans because they will be nerfd and two complete sets of each are enough for me. Also don't care about souls because I get only dupes.

Nicko
05-11-2017, 02:58 PM
And even if you take the "only attack those above you" approach - slow and boring - you can get burned.

I must not have been appearing on attack lists - so made it to number six with 50 attacks - but then as Tritium described last night the ratio decided to even all at once - and every loss was a 20 point ding

Simply put - this broken system incentivizes barely playing and relying on dumb luck as far as when the ratio decides to even.

hold
05-11-2017, 03:12 PM
And even if you take the "only attack those above you" approach - slow and boring - you can get burned.

I must not have been appearing on attack lists - so made it to number six with 50 attacks - but then as Tritium described last night the ratio decided to even all at once - and every loss was a 20 point ding

Simply put - this broken system incentivizes barely playing and relying on dumb luck as far as when the ratio decides to even.

Totally broken - I agree. I did the "attack the tops" last week and ended 16th.

This week I tried a completely different approach and you also need luck to a certain level. But so far it's paying off. Shame I won't have time for the saturday rush, have to go to a birthday party tomorrow and my device is too slow anyway. Somebody wants to play my account to the end on saturday? :)

After the reset I realized I was attacked by a few (sorry) newbies and my hold rate was surprisingly high. So I thought: let's test a bit.

I picked on the weak (shame on me) and tried to lure weaker players into revenges. If you play a long time you can more or less guess who is a pushover and who isn't. If those players revenge there is a much higher chance you get a hold. You only get 12 points for the win - but also 12 points for the hold and you ratio levels out <- that is the main thing.

I know it is quite cheeky and it also is really really boring but that is one way to climb.

My ratio is still not levelled out completely so I expect a hit sooner or later - but so far this strategy worked quite well.

The point system must be reviewed and I'm glad it gets a change. I won't be top 25 anymore most probably as my weekends are normally in the pub with friends and no electronic devices. But the ones should get rewarded that play more and not punished. Sure it's kind of "pay to win" a little bit but you can't avoid that anyways.

Nicko
05-11-2017, 03:21 PM
The point system must be reviewed and I'm glad it gets a change. I won't be top 25 anymore most probably as my weekends are normally in the pub with friends and no electronic devices.

This is crazy too. If you can't play Saturday then it's not worth playing. There will always be some benefit to playing before reset, but right now it's so skewed it's silly.

hold
05-11-2017, 03:25 PM
This is crazy too. If you can't play Saturday then it's not worth playing. There will always be some benefit to playing before reset, but right now it's so skewed it's silly.

Well I could but I prefer having a social life :)

I can live with it - I get iron coins - a few souls - and at least one skillshard a week. I play a long time and was often very angry about the game. Luckily I don't anymore and see it as what it is: a game and nothing more.

Edit: The reset is for me 3am. So maybe I can play a bit on saturday but I will be hammered. So that could end in a few losses :D

Demoonchild
05-11-2017, 03:41 PM
Well I could but I prefer having a social life :)

I can live with it - I get iron coins - a few souls - and at least one skillshard a week. I play a long time and was often very angry about the game. Luckily I don't anymore and see it as what it is: a game and nothing more.

Edit: The reset is for me 3am. So maybe I can play a bit on saturday but I will be hammered. So that could end in a few losses :D

Best way to take a game... Just as a simple game. Weekends are for friends and family ;)

DaveMurray
05-12-2017, 01:08 PM
Totally broken - I agree. I did the "attack the tops" last week and ended 16th.

This week I tried a completely different approach and you also need luck to a certain level. But so far it's paying off. Shame I won't have time for the saturday rush, have to go to a birthday party tomorrow and my device is too slow anyway. Somebody wants to play my account to the end on saturday? :)

After the reset I realized I was attacked by a few (sorry) newbies and my hold rate was surprisingly high. So I thought: let's test a bit.

I picked on the weak (shame on me) and tried to lure weaker players into revenges. If you play a long time you can more or less guess who is a pushover and who isn't. If those players revenge there is a much higher chance you get a hold. You only get 12 points for the win - but also 12 points for the hold and you ratio levels out <- that is the main thing.

I know it is quite cheeky and it also is really really boring but that is one way to climb.

My ratio is still not levelled out completely so I expect a hit sooner or later - but so far this strategy worked quite well.

The point system must be reviewed and I'm glad it gets a change. I won't be top 25 anymore most probably as my weekends are normally in the pub with friends and no electronic devices. But the ones should get rewarded that play more and not punished. Sure it's kind of "pay to win" a little bit but you can't avoid that anyways.

Come on, i wasn't attacking you cause i wanted one of my troopers to win this week :p

hold
05-12-2017, 04:53 PM
Come on, i wasn't attacking you cause i wanted one of my troopers to win this week :p

Cheers but no can do ... brithday party of a friend tonight and BBQ tomorrow with friends that I see at best once a year. That is more important :)

Btw: I have a 99% percent win rate this week and you are the only loss on my side *haha*

Tritium
05-13-2017, 02:45 AM
I'm giving early kudos to whoever manages to nab Eternal rank this week. PVP these last few days for me has been almost unplayable due to long load times that lead to the game timing out and then the rampant bugs that freeze the game and count as a loss. I've lost countless battles due to game freezes and have now almost lost all motivation to PVP altogether. The server issues and bugs are just too much at this point; I'm not having ANY fun PVPing right now. As such, major kudos to whoever gets Eternal. They will have powered through more bugs and issues than I could ever force myself to slog through.

Silentknight
05-14-2017, 12:21 AM
Congrats Gmac!!! U & ur Saturday rushes...unfuckinbelievable!!! There's a word 4 u Jofer. Grats to everyone else, great races!

Tritium
05-14-2017, 12:25 AM
Well done Gmac! It's cool to see you come out on top for the 2nd time! :D

hold
05-14-2017, 12:30 AM
Congrats Gmac!!! U & ur Saturday rushes...unfuckinbelievable!!! There's a word 4 u Jofer. Grats to everyone else, great races!

I had you and Slauki the last 45 minutes on my attack list and didn't want to interfere with your battle. You were the only "high profile" people on the list - everyone else 12 points. A refresh for 10 ironite - na didn't want to. Thankfully I didn't need to clear that list before refresh :)

@gmac ... I think you score points faster than my tablet is able to load the battles. Congrats!

Me -> bed now ... long day and it is in the middle of the night ...

Nicko
05-14-2017, 12:46 AM
GMAC is a beast! I dink around on Saturday - playing when I can and doing my 20 paid refreshes to target the top guys - but he is all focus.

Well done bud!

Silentknight
05-14-2017, 12:50 AM
I had you and Slauki the last 45 minutes on my attack list and didn't want to interfere with your battle. You were the only "high profile" people on the list - everyone else 12 points. A refresh for 10 ironite - na didn't want to. Thankfully I didn't need to clear that list before refresh :)

@gmac ... I think you score points faster than my tablet is able to load the battles. Congrats!

Thx bud! Although with the amount of attacks coming in 1 more wouldn't usually make a difference. But it would have this week! We both made it! Grats on 7th, well done!

Silentknight
05-14-2017, 12:52 AM
GMAC is a beast! I dink around on Saturday - playing when I can and doing my 20 paid refreshes to target the top guys - but he is all focus.

Well done bud!

Congrats on 5th Nicko! Hardly c u anymore!

gmac
05-14-2017, 12:55 AM
Thanks everybody :)

This community is awesome.

Now I will have a proper lunch... lol

I have a headache like you cannot believe it.

FallenAngel, if you read this, please join us here.

Thanks again guys, means the world to me.

Nicko
05-14-2017, 12:57 AM
Thx bud! Although with the amount of attacks coming in 1 more wouldn't usually make a difference. But it would have this week! We both made it! Grats on 7th, well done!

I skipped you too. Funny - I rarely check points/rank as I'm attacking - until the last half hour - and that's when you were on my list - and skipped you. Hope it helped!

Was cool to see Hold up there - after a night at the Pub!

Also have to give props to IvanBig - really solid defense - first time ever I've lost a couple times to a defense in a week - and thought I had him so I chilled last 10 minutes - and he climbed like a mofo and came within 3 points of me!

Great to see new names like IvanBig and Kamuz at the top...

Nicko
05-14-2017, 12:59 AM
Congrats on 5th Nicko! Hardly c u anymore!

Thanks!!!!!!

Silentknight
05-14-2017, 01:16 AM
I skipped you too. Funny - I rarely check points/rank as I'm attacking - until the last half hour - and that's when you were on my list - and skipped you. Hope it helped!

Was cool to see Hold up there - after a night at the Pub!

Also have to give props to IvanBig - really solid defense - first time ever I've lost a couple times to a defense in a week - and thought I had him so I chilled last 10 minutes - and he climbed like a mofo and came within 3 points of me!

Great to see new names like IvanBig and Kamuz at the top...

Yep,lots more variety of top players! Not sure bout lists. Figure I don't c u as much cuz ur not playing but there's a few I never c! Still best it's been

slauki
05-14-2017, 02:18 AM
congrats gmac, really insane rush, you are really a great player who deserved it to be on the top!

thank you very much hold, really insane race for the top 10, look at this shit:
pure luck i finished 10th... if you would have broken my defense i wouldmnt have been able to do it...

really sorry for attacking you silent, but it was really close so i needed these points and had no time to debate, otherwise i would have skipped you in the last 30 minutes...

Silentknight
05-14-2017, 02:34 AM
really sorry for attacking you silent, but it was really close so i needed these points and had no time to debate, otherwise i would have skipped you in the last 30 minutes...

No problem bud! When it's that close it has to be done!

Monte47
05-14-2017, 03:53 AM
Congrats Gmac!

Also, apologies for attacking the same peeps over and over. I did very few revenges, but the same folks appear time and agin in my "attacks", even after refresh. I'm just trying to earn coin at this point. Defense will never hold for me, so I just want loot.

Shaolin85london
05-14-2017, 09:54 AM
I'm giving early kudos to whoever manages to nab Eternal rank this week. PVP these last few days for me has been almost unplayable due to long load times that lead to the game timing out and then the rampant bugs that freeze the game and count as a loss. I've lost countless battles due to game freezes and have now almost lost all motivation to PVP altogether. The server issues and bugs are just too much at this point; I'm not having ANY fun PVPing right now. As such, major kudos to whoever gets Eternal. They will have powered through more bugs and issues than I could ever force myself to slog through.

Thanks everybody :)

This community is awesome.

Now I will have a proper lunch... lol

I have a headache like you cannot believe it.

FallenAngel, if you read this, please join us here.

Thanks again guys, means the world to me.

Congrats for the eternal, buddy. Honestly I was cheery for Fallen because friend of mine troop and really good man, however the result is done by the amount of effort into it so well done!

Fallen got same prob of Jofer, he's stuck with the confirmation email by devs. Any tips for help with? Cheers

HomemLivre
05-14-2017, 01:44 PM
Most deserved Eternal to Gmac!
He have the determination and the skills to do this whenever he wants to! He breaks through lists like the way I want to be able to do one day hahaha

Cheers on you, mate! Glad to be able to share strategies and thoughs with you and receive the same from you! Your such a nice guy!

PerthEddie
05-14-2017, 02:23 PM
Congrats Gmac on getting top spot again :)

Caretaker
05-14-2017, 02:57 PM
Though I wasn't here for the finals I see the leaderboard is tight. Congrats to Gmac on 1! Great full 6 hours run! Congratulations to all the troopers as well!

Tritium
05-14-2017, 03:35 PM
Fallen got same prob of Jofer, he's stuck with the confirmation email by devs. Any tips for help with? Cheers

Have Fallen email the support team about being unable to access the forums. All he needs to do is give them the email associated with the account he wants to use as well as the name of the account. That should be enough for them to give him access to the forums! :)