PDA

View Full Version : Talisman inconsistency

SARGERAS
08-04-2016, 05:53 PM
This is a subject that's REALLY upsetting me.

Strategy is what more excites me in a game, and the though of building a team with determined characters and builds (Talisman setup for the specific character) and having a playstyle for it is awesome.

But when I'm trying to build it I get hit by: "damn, I can't use this kind of Talisman because it doesn't have the best stats in when maxed.." "this bonus is not worth it..."

I really was trying to push Magic x HP but all bonus that rely on 1% of hp seems to only get 1 stat point. Come on D:
And btw since overwhelming/fierce Talismans get more stats, Magus are being marginalized.

So, I would be pleased if these stuff were considered and taken care ASAP.

What do you guys think?

Gonzo
08-04-2016, 06:00 PM
I think there are far more serious concerns right now. Like people not able to access the game or even loosing their accounts. You don't need a full team with maxed talismans to finish the game, not even to unlock the secret location in Underworld Madness.

I say they got their priorities right. First game breaking issues, then minor bugs.

Vaseodin
08-04-2016, 09:38 PM
Taken care of in which way? There are plenty of talismans that fit your needs (it seems from your post). I agree with Gonzo. The system isn't broken. People can CHOOSE which talismans go to which character. So... if your Magic x HP build doesn't work for your character just put different talismans on that character. Maybe I'm not getting the "broken -needs to be fixed" aspect of your post, but from what I see, nothing is broken to begin with. And, of course, as Gonzo said, there are far more serious issues plaguing the game right now.

Trystangst
08-16-2016, 03:21 PM
It does seem odd - the stat distribution.

5* Level 34 Guardian Talisman (Firece) - 1472 HP, 616 ATK, 147 MR, 2 Set ATKxDEF - Bonus is a stat boost, so higher stats to be expected.
5* Level 34 Explosive Talisman (Safeguard) - 982 HP, 371 ATK, 98 MR, 3 set Explosive Shield - OK. Lower stats because of added shield skill. Requires 3, which means a large loss of stats.
5* Level 34 Burning Talisman (Fierce) - 1472 HP, 616 ATK, 147 DEF, 2 Set Burn Augment - Now wait - same stats as the Guardian, adds a passive augment for with only 2 Talisman requirement.

So why is the Explosive so much weaker than the Guardian or Burning? Explosive Shield is good, but not 2000 HP and 1000 ATK better. Plus it's not a passive shield - you need to activate it using 6 Power.

Kaijester
08-16-2016, 03:33 PM
It does seem odd - the stat distribution.

5* Level 34 Guardian Talisman (Firece) - 1472 HP, 616 ATK, 147 MR, 2 Set ATKxDEF - Bonus is a stat boost, so higher stats to be expected.
5* Level 34 Explosive Talisman (Safeguard) - 982 HP, 371 ATK, 98 MR, 3 set Explosive Shield - OK. Lower stats because of added shield skill. Requires 3, which means a large loss of stats.
5* Level 34 Burning Talisman (Fierce) - 1472 HP, 616 ATK, 147 DEF, 2 Set Burn Augment - Now wait - same stats as the Guardian, adds a passive augment for with only 2 Talisman requirement.

So why is the Explosive so much weaker than the Guardian or Burning? Explosive Shield is good, but not 2000 HP and 1000 ATK better. Plus it's not a passive shield - you need to activate it using 6 Power.

Find the Fierce version of Explosive Talisman and you will get the same stats.

Trystangst
08-16-2016, 03:42 PM
Find the Fierce version of Explosive Talisman and you will get the same stats.

Indeed. Odd. Thanks!

Though that raises a different question -

Why is the Safeguard one so much weaker? 590 less HP, 245 less ATK, and 98 MR vs 147 DEF.

Qed
08-16-2016, 06:44 PM
Probably it's a bug, if the devs are playing the game should know and correct it in the upcoming rift patch.
There is no reason in the world for the talismans to be like this.