PDA

View Full Version : 80s movie fans, who remembers this?

Jofer16
05-09-2017, 10:15 PM
Found this gem (The Wraith) on Netflix last night and must have watched it 5 times over, totally forgot it existed. Anyone else remember this classic? Charlie Sheen at his finest lol. Also a quality soundtrack, Ozzy, etc..

https://youtu.be/hC1DRl26Guo

MoonShadow
05-10-2017, 09:40 AM
One of my (many) favourite movies from the 80s, I've saw it on a VHS tape when I was a kid and re-watch it again a couple of years ago (thx to the internet!). Classic story of car races, teenage madness & revenge. Good casting, although I didn't knew much about Charlie Sheen or Sherilyn Fenn back then, they were so young and became famous a bit later, I think. I'd like to watch it again for sure.

scott-5496
05-10-2017, 10:31 AM
Remember this one too - there was a few films of the era with a metal connection - Trick or Treat, Shocker, Ghoulies, Demons (I think it was - had Saxon on it)...some others too but cant remember them all.

Jofer16
05-10-2017, 11:31 AM
One of my (many) favourite movies from the 80s, I've saw it on a VHS tape when I was a kid and re-watch it again a couple of years ago (thx to the internet!). Classic story of car races, teenage madness & revenge. Good casting, although I didn't knew much about Charlie Sheen or Sherilyn Fenn back then, they were so young and became famous a bit later, I think. I'd like to watch it again for sure.

Nice, yeah it's on Netflix now if you have one of those accounts :)

Jofer16
05-10-2017, 11:33 AM
Remember this one too - there was a few films of the era with a metal connection - Trick or Treat, Shocker, Ghoulies, Demons (I think it was - had Saxon on it)...some others too but cant remember them all.

Shocker was another favorite! Megadeth song was awesome.

MoonShadow
05-10-2017, 12:30 PM
Nice, yeah it's on Netflix now if you have one of those accounts :)Nope, I don't. But even if I had, the movie wouldn't be available here in Romania, as they have only a few titles from the 80s, currently, from what I know.

Remember this one too - there was a few films of the era with a metal connection - Trick or Treat, Shocker, Ghoulies, Demons (I think it was - had Saxon on it)...some others too but cant remember them all.I remember liking Shocker, too, it was a enjoyable movie, I was looking for it after seeing Megadave's version of "No More Mr. Nice Guy" video.
I haven't saw the other three movies you named, but I remember Maximum Overdrive and Demon Knight having a metal soundtrack. Also, A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 had a good Dokken song on it, and I remember about Slayer's Angel of Death riffs in Gremlins 2. Good times.

Silentknight
05-10-2017, 05:51 PM
Heavy Metal, Maximum Overdrive

CanyptianFit
05-10-2017, 06:12 PM
The Crow (90's?)
Repo Man (punk!)
Rivers Edge (Metal Blade artists mainly)
Less than Zero (ina gadda divida baby!)

Silentknight
05-10-2017, 06:28 PM
Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park,1978 but still.

Jofer16
05-10-2017, 08:35 PM
Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park,1978 but still.

Yes, forgot about that one too! need to find a way to watch it.

also The Crow above, another I used to watch on repeat, "it can't rain all the time" :) that ones also crazy cause Brandon Lee died during the filming.