PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'm Matt_LOTB, and I'm the producer on Legacy of the Beast.

Matt_LOTB
08-04-2016, 07:49 PM
Hello, everyone!

As mentioned in the title, my name is Matt, and I'm the Producer on Legacy of the Beast. I've been working on this game project since February of 2015. I've joined the forums here to give Leviathan and Lamia a hand, and to lend a voice to the development team. I'll be lurking around here, responding to questions and providing information about the state of development.

So, a bit about me:

As the game's producer, I am responsible primarily for scope and scheduling. The game director sets the priority for feature releases, and then it's my job to sort out who's going to be working on it and when. When we have too much to do, it's also my job to decide what we have to cut.
I am also largely responsible for the day-to-day operations of our development team. while the game director handles the broad strokes decisions on how the game is going to be, it's my job to see that those decisions are executed.
I work directly with the artists, engineers, designers, QA, and marketing / publishing folks on virtually every aspect of the game.
I have been working on Legacy of the Beast since February 2015.
At the outset of the project I was only casually familiar with the work of Iron Maiden, so I spent the better part of a month diving DEEP down that rabbit hole in order to properly prepare.
At Roadhouse, I have previously worked on Red Bull Air Race, Warhammer 40,000: Carnage, FRS Ski Cross, and another, unreleased product that I can't name.
I entered the game industry in 2013 after completing a Masters degree in Digital Media.
I love comic books (Marvel, esp.). Matt Fraction's Hawkeye is one of my all-time favourite series, but I'm currently reading Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man, Silk, Spider-Gwen, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, Sam Wilson: Captain America, and Saga. and I've been meaning to jump back on with Captain Marvel, which I fell off of just before Secret Wars. (I am beside myself with anticipation for the Captain Marvel film).
Going to the cinema is one of my favourite things to do outside of work. I love watching films, I love reading about films, I love film critique and criticism.
I run marathons for fun. (though I'm injured right now, so I won't be running another full until 2018, likely. Hoping to do two half-marathons in 2017. (Vancouver & the Disneyland Avengers Half)
I love to ski.
Golden Retrievers, puppies especially, are my not-so-secret weakness.
I like hockey quite a lot, (I used to play and referee). The Canucks have really been letting me down the last couple seasons though :[
I've been an avid console gamer and collector since I was 10 years old.

That would seem to be a pretty comprehensive list of things to know about me.

See you around!

Cheers,
-M

Kaijester
08-04-2016, 08:35 PM
Nice to meet you you Matt!

What injury are you suffering from? I'm also unable to run until next year as I am recovering from a torn Achilles Tendon...

Stonewall
08-04-2016, 08:49 PM
Welcome - glad to have you here! Cheers :)

Vaseodin
08-04-2016, 09:30 PM
Great info! I love that you're a dog person

Gonzo
08-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Nice intro, Matt. We hope to see you around!!!

Nice to meet you you Matt!

What injury are you suffering from? I'm also unable to run until next year as I am recovering from a torn Achilles Tendon...

I'm sorry to hear that man, my father had the same injury a few years ago.

Hope you get well soon.

Dutch
08-05-2016, 02:12 PM
Nice to Meet you Matt, hope you recover soon.

Kaijester
08-05-2016, 02:19 PM
Thanks Gonzo.

Jennie-5128
08-05-2016, 03:48 PM
Hi Matt. Glad to see us non-founders are getting a bit of attention :)

I'm also unable to run until next year as I am recovering from a torn Achilles Tendon...

Ow, hurty :(

AmBush-UK
08-06-2016, 12:59 PM
Welcome to the Mosh Pit Matt! Hopefully this isn't a one off visit ;)

I was reading http://ironmaidenlegacy.com/top-6-ama-questions/ earlier
One question in particular took my attention, was QUESTION 1 FROM Bawhawmut:

This reminded me of a question brought up before, Why does the game not work on Bluestacks anymore? It used to, someone suggested it was due to Bluestacks but there have been no updates to Bluestacks AFIK in a long time and i was using an old version downloaded last year.I would be grateful if it would work on Bluestacks as i dont like playing on the tablet for too long as it gets hot

Second question is, I Have seen many games available on Android/Bluestacks, one in particular i played Call of Duty:Heroes was also available in the Windows Store. Are there any plans to make the game available to the Windows Store? and windows based tablets? (I've only seen it advertised for iOS & Android)
I Dont know many people with Windows phones personally but I'm sure there is a market waitng to be tapped I'll take 5% of sales as a finders fee ;)

compurocker
08-08-2016, 03:55 AM
Thanks for the great game! What type of music do you usually listen to, and has your research and work on this game turned you into a Maiden fan? |m/

Matt_LOTB
08-08-2016, 05:13 PM
This reminded me of a question brought up before, Why does the game not work on Bluestacks anymore? It used to, someone suggested it was due to Bluestacks but there have been no updates to Bluestacks AFIK in a long time and i was using an old version downloaded last year.I would be grateful if it would work on Bluestacks as i dont like playing on the tablet for too long as it gets hot

That's actually a good question - I don't think we did anything intentionally to kill Bluestacks functionality. I can ask about it.

Second question is, [...] Are there any plans to make the game available to the Windows Store? and windows based tablets? (I've only seen it advertised for iOS & Android)
I Dont know many people with Windows phones personally but I'm sure there is a market waitng to be tapped I'll take 5% of sales as a finders fee ;)

We've seen windows Phone much requested (more than we anticipated). Right now our focus is making sure the game thrives on iOS and Android, with a rich feature set and strong playerbase - once we're there, who knows what the next step will be?

Cheers,
Matt

AmBush-UK
08-08-2016, 11:45 PM
That's actually a good question - I don't think we did anything intentionally to kill Bluestacks functionality. I can ask about it.
That would be appreciated

We've seen windows Phone much requested (more than we anticipated). Right now our focus is making sure the game thrives on iOS and Android, with a rich feature set and strong playerbase - once we're there, who knows what the next step will be?

Cheers,
Matt
Understood, cheers for the response. :cool:

Bryan-3528
08-09-2016, 07:47 PM
Thank you for joining us here on the forum Matt and sharing. I hope yours and Kaijesters respective injuries heal soon and 100%.

"running marathons for fun"...perhaps future content for the game could be a new world titled after "the loneliness of the long distance runner" song from somewhere in time album ;)

Matt_LOTB
08-09-2016, 09:22 PM
"running marathons for fun"...perhaps future content for the game could be a new world titled after "the loneliness of the long distance runner" song from somewhere in time album ;)

At the very least, that song has definitely gone on my running playlist :)

-M

OpticSugar
10-21-2016, 03:03 PM
Nice to meet you you Matt!, welcome

...lol

zamasu
10-21-2016, 04:29 PM
Is this another Nekro fake account? lol