PDA

View Full Version : Server communication issues, game hanging and restarts (this week)

Mudge
05-13-2017, 06:44 PM
Been having problems on multiple devices the last few days. The app is timing out when it tries to communicate with the server, pretty much everywhere. From starting the game, to entering any quests, character or talisman management, pvp arena wins, waiting for the chests after completing quests. The game has been timing out, occasionally continuing if you wait a couple minutes, but it usually ends with various error popups, followed by the app restarting.

I've cleared data/cache several times on three different android devices and the problem continues to occur on all three.

Fresh install wont even start. I tried a fresh install on my NVidia Shield tablet (android Nougat) and the app wont even run, it's just a black screen. Three fresh installs from the Google Play store, same thing, black screen. Nothing happens even if you try to wait it out (no error messages).

This all started this week. All three devices were playable since December, up until this week.

I'm blaming the overpowered Strike talismans for this.

Tritium
05-13-2017, 06:57 PM
I've been experiencing this issue as well, and it seems like many others are in the same boat. Glad to know we're not the only ones and it's not a device-specific issue.

Mudge
05-15-2017, 03:50 AM
I hate to say this, but are you guys sure you aren't using any hardcoded directories for your data?

Fresh installs from the play store would just hang with a blank screen on my NVidia Shield tablet, which is set to use the SD card as internal storage. Moving the install, under app settings, to internal storage first allowed the game to run and download data. Shouldn't have any issues like this with proper API calls right?