PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Should holds and revenges be revengeable?

Tritium
05-13-2017, 10:39 PM
As the thread title says, do you believe that we should have the ability to revenge holds and revenges (when people revenge us, thus creating the revenge loops)?

Holds already give the defending player a positive point bonus. Why should they also then have the option to revenge the attacker once more for even more of a gain? It doesn't seem fair ─ especially if the attacker only lost due to a game freeze or some other game-breaking bug.

Revenges being revengeable also presents a weird scenario where revenge loops are created and players just trade revenges back and forth with each other. This too, doesn't make much sense. Although, to be fair, it is less of an annoying issue as holds being revengeable.

What are your thoughts regarding these two issues? Should holds and revenges be revengeable?

Ian
05-14-2017, 12:20 AM
I hate revenge loops! There should be a limit on how many times you can be revenged by the same person. Revenging a hold seems a bit unsportsmanlike but that is up to peoples conscience, we don't need too many rules. Otherwise just get rid of revenge completely and you can only attack who is on your list..

Silentknight
05-14-2017, 12:23 AM
Don't really care bout revenging revenges. Happened lots in beta & can be fun goin back n forth as long as ur opponents cool with it. Either way tho, I don't care, just get rid of revenging holds!!! Or do something with the point system!

Mudge
05-14-2017, 04:27 AM
Holds already give the defending player a positive point bonus.

But do they give iron coins?

I don't care about PvP point rank, I do it for the coins. I will absolutely cherry pick which team I attack, because I want an iron coin return on every sands of war investment.

From the perspective of a newer player, I know I don't have the roster to beat the higher ranked players. Who wants to attack a player with a 3x Strike set team with your single set at 35/50 (e.g. I think Jofer had Prisoner, Nomad, Red Bat, and head butt Eddie with three strike sets active...I've got absolutely nothing to reliably counter that shit). Watching your team get decimated without ever having a turn can be funny, but I'd rather get some coins from a revenge to work towards being able to compete.

For newer players, by the end of the week, once you get into the 2100+ score range, winning a battle is pure luck. Revenging a hold is the safest play for your sands of war. On the other hand, if you already have 50/50 talisman sets and a large roster, why would you bother revenging when you get free sands of war from clearing your attack list?

It's fine.

Chaosego888
05-16-2017, 12:03 AM
It is my opinion that holds should not be revengeable. Most of the players in this forum don't do it anyway. It is really not that big of an issue when you are below rank 50 or so. It is really annoying when you are in the top 10 and you lose a match (especially if it is because of a crash) and then get revenged losing 40 points. This shouldn't be an option. I know Tritium, Silentknight and I aren't the only ones who feel this way so hopefully more will join this conversation.

Thedarkness
05-16-2017, 02:24 AM
Its a very cheap move. Dont like it. Get rid of revenges altogether and it takes care of it. Theyre fun but very unproductive

abbadon
05-16-2017, 03:50 AM
Personally i I think you should be able to revenge EVERY lost attack FOR FREE. Most people have very high attack % and very low defend %, thus the more you are attacked the lower your score, and to just break even you need take those points back, then attack new people to rise. Either that or be wealthy enough to purchase unlimited sands of war. I know I'm in the minority here, and the devs would never that $$$ wise, but that's my view.

Eta: I do think revenges should be 1:1 one attack on revenge, then remove from the list. Don't say "can't revenge" it just frustrating, the revenge list is limited to the last 10, why waste a slot .

Silentknight
05-16-2017, 04:02 AM
It is my opinion that holds should not be revengeable. Most of the players in this forum don't do it anyway.
You'd be surprised!