PDA

View Full Version : May 16th 2017 Update Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sparton_LOTB
05-16-2017, 07:22 PM
This is the main post to discuss general changes from the recent update.

You can see the details of the update that has just gone live in the Game Updates forum post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5698).

mjmxiii
05-16-2017, 07:25 PM
Bon Jovi Fury lol

Nekroliun
05-16-2017, 07:30 PM
So how is the screen gonna fit for a team of 3 Beelzebub and eternity?

Silentknight
05-16-2017, 07:37 PM
1st arena match...game freeze! Toons are all moving but no buttons or cursors. Both teams,all toons have 16 prisoner passive block symbols above them! Same shit, different day! Will send screenshot to suppprt

mjmxiii
05-16-2017, 07:37 PM
So how is the screen gonna fit for a team of 3 Beelzebub and eternity?

All I know is there is officially a char I want more than CG...

Tritium
05-16-2017, 07:44 PM
The bug fixes are a godsend. Immunity finally works properly!

Edit: One other thing, the SOT costs for the new SL are pretty excessive if we also want to get through our 50 troopers on a daily basis without using refills. Would it be possible to raise our max cap of SOT to be higher than the current measly 80?

Patrice-1201
05-16-2017, 07:49 PM
To me the 20000 iron coin price is insane I would have said 10k would have been more fair

Shaolin85london
05-16-2017, 07:49 PM
Sparton and team you guys rocks the metal, seriously. Already got wrath from eternal soul. I d ask you how can we collect enough fragments to try to pull the other eternal exclusive chars? Can u make it more clear for us? Awesome update, cheers!

Ezz
05-16-2017, 07:56 PM
How does converting fragments work?

JJJ428
05-16-2017, 08:03 PM
When the cosmos tries to load there is a garden of life stage that looks faint with sentinnel and gunner logos. Does anyone else see this? Potential future stage?

Nekroliun
05-16-2017, 08:08 PM
Sparton and team you guys rocks the metal, seriously. Already got wrath from eternal soul. I d ask you how can we collect enough fragments to try to pull the other eternal exclusive chars? Can u make it more clear for us? Awesome update, cheers!

Did you have 20k iron coins lying around or something? Cuz if your always eternal, your gonna need almost 3 weeks to get an eternity soul from fragments... and if your not... well its just 8 weeks!

BenjaminBreeg
05-16-2017, 08:12 PM
When the cosmos tries to load there is a garden of life stage that looks faint with sentinnel and gunner logos. Does anyone else see this? Potential future stage?

Same I wanted to ask just now...
Loading times are insane long now and it always hangs at the end of battles...
But the rest: really cool update, at least my experience till now

Tritium
05-16-2017, 08:12 PM
Did you have 20k iron coins lying around or something? Cuz if your always eternal, your gonna need almost 3 weeks to get an eternity soul from fragments... and if your not... well its just 8 weeks!

Sparton's update notes says that the Eternal soul will only be available until May 20th. That's 4 days from now! Only the guys who've been PVP top dogs for months now will have a chance at getting this one time only Eternal soul. They definitely deserve it though, so we'll all have to learn from their experience as to how the Eternal characters perform!

Edit: Come to think of it, I can only imagine how frustrating it will be if people end up pulling dupes from the Eternal souls, so hopefully the toons will be good enough to warrant using multiples on a team. The pool is only 4 characters, so you'll always have a 25% chance of pulling a dupe after your first soul is opened.

DIEDD
05-16-2017, 08:17 PM
Aces high eddie hits like a truck now, very good update for him!

Shaolin85london
05-16-2017, 08:19 PM

I was saving arena coins from months, especially when matchmaking was not bugged yet.

RCarter
05-16-2017, 08:19 PM
PVP bugged big time.

Prisoner doesnt seem to affect any passives, even if the enemy toons show the passive block status indicator.

Just faced another Prisoner team. Dont recall which toon I attacked with, but had 8 passive block effect indicators pop up over each toon on both sides. Was quick enough to grab a screen shot, and the game locked up.

Just restarted and went after the same team. When his Prisoner attacked mine, same thing: everyone gets 8 passive block indicators, his team also got a bunch of one round defense and MR buff indicators, and the game lagged out.

Both times resulted in a loss for me too.

Oh boy... Another update, another round of bugs...

Nekroliun
05-16-2017, 08:21 PM
Sparton's update notes says that the Eternal soul will only be available until May 20th. That's 4 days from now! Only the guys who've been PVP top dogs for months now will have a chance at getting this one time only Eternal soul. They definitely deserve it though, so we'll all have to learn from their experience as to how the Eternal characters perform!

Edit: Come to think of it, I can only imagine how frustrating it will be if people end up pulling dupes from the Eternal souls, so hopefully the toons will be good enough to warrant using multiples on a team. The pool is only 4 characters, so you'll always have a 25% chance of pulling a dupe after your first soul is opened.

Yea, and there are a crap ton of 4*s in the game, i still pulled three FoTD Eddies from three red eyes this week...

BonFire
05-16-2017, 08:36 PM
New Clairvoyant picture is smoking.

angelkelly
05-16-2017, 08:37 PM
The load time now is very slow and laggy. On top of that the description for resistance talisman is completely wrong. It says increase health by 50% of attack/magic. Instead of increase def by 30% of attack and etc..

Edit: What was wrong with the cost of secret location before. Now it's to expensive to get anything done. Specially using all my troopers within the time limit.

Killhouse
05-16-2017, 08:40 PM
I got Beelzebub from the Eternity soul, obviously need more time to see if he's worth skill sharding and figure out the right talisman setup but initial impression is not looking good. If this is supposed to be a 2 month reward for dedication, I sure hope the other characters are much better.

Time for more testing, hope I'm wrong!

R1ck
05-16-2017, 08:42 PM
PVP bugged big time.

Prisoner doesnt seem to affect any passives, even if the enemy toons show the passive block status indicator.

Just faced another Prisoner team. Dont recall which toon I attacked with, but had 8 passive block effect indicators pop up over each toon on both sides. Was quick enough to grab a screen shot, and the game locked up.

Just restarted and went after the same team. When his Prisoner attacked mine, same thing: everyone gets 8 passive block indicators, his team also got a bunch of one round defense and MR buff indicators, and the game lagged out.

Holy sh*t, The Prisoner is complete useless now, enemies gain passives every turn. They are cleaned BTW

Kardas
05-16-2017, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the update NF! Pretty on time too, considering Mid-May!

Also whyyyyyyy do you have to do this! I had all Magus characters! Until now! Gaaaaaaah

On a more serious note, I do appreciate the fact that all the Skull Quests are on the same menu. Was a bit of a slog moving between long-completed worlds to get them Secret Locations.
The graphical improvements are also nice, as is showing all the Waves of campaign enemies that you'll face on a level. Gonna update my Soul Drop and Talisman reference threads in a little bit.

On the downside, moving between the overworld seems to be a lot more sluggish than before. Or maybe I should clear my cache.
The SoT cost for the Skull Quests also feels a little... excessive. Also removes a convenient opportunity to bring non-Eddie troopers along that are a lot weaker than your own.

I have a few questions as well:
- The Skull Quest rewards indicate that Skill Shards are a possible drop. Is that true? If so, on which Skull Quests do they drop?
- In my experience, some Talismans were a lot more common in the former secret locations than others (namely Freeze vs. Death, for instance). Does this still hold up for the Skull Quests?
- According to the News thing, Wrath is a 5* Assassin, while his Campaign version is still a Warrior. Does this mean Campaign Wrath is going to get a class change?

BonFire
05-16-2017, 08:46 PM
Great, stealth nerf to the Prisoner so that his passive doesn't sodding work. Haha.

mjmxiii
05-16-2017, 08:54 PM
To me the 20000 iron coin price is insane I would have said 10k would have been more fair

4 days to get 20k is even more insane. Also, bumping up SoT for Secret Locations because of a name change, easier access and more specific rewards is terrible. This game... ever changing, never stable, always WTF!

Ezz
05-16-2017, 08:59 PM
PVP bugged big time.

Just saw a major bug like this. Prisoner attacking prisoner. Around 100 indicators lit up the screen and game completely froze in mid attack like a screenshot.
As expected force close and take the loss.

mjmxiii
05-16-2017, 09:01 PM
I have a few questions as well:
- The Skull Quest rewards indicate that Skill Shards are a possible drop. Is that true? If so, on which Skull Quests do they drop?

Got a skill shard from the Evo Materials skull quest.

Mizrael
05-16-2017, 09:02 PM
Strange things happening in PVP indeed...

Characters cleanse themselves on a random basis. seen a magus allied soldier wake up from frozen the next second it was applied on him by my last move and he just shook it off and attacked.

and i have seen 3/4 enemies just cleanse at the beginning of their round for no reason...even guys on my team did that a few times.

And where is BNW btw? all we got is some carrots again.even though quite fancy ones i must admit (and they don't cost money,surprisingly)...

Nekroliun
05-16-2017, 09:04 PM
Anyone got eternity eddie yet? Well whoever gets him wont have free trooper slots for a long time...

Shaolin85london
05-16-2017, 09:11 PM
Anyone got eternity eddie yet? Well whoever gets him wont have free trooper slots for a long time...

Jofer got the eternity Eddie xD

Tritium
05-16-2017, 09:12 PM
I got Beelzebub from the Eternity soul, obviously need more time to see if he's worth skill sharding and figure out the right talisman setup but initial impression is not looking good. If this is supposed to be a 2 month reward for dedication, I sure hope the other characters are much better.

Oh man, I hope that's not the case. Eternal souls should contain the BEST characters in the game with that slog required to get them.

Edit: A quick look at your Beelzebub makes me agree with your initial impressions. His talisman slots are weird as all hell and his attacks are odd with the physical basic and then the magic power and fury moves. :S

Looks like Jofer has him. He looks pretty damn cool!

Nekroliun
05-16-2017, 09:18 PM
1 more reason for me to use jofer daily!

But fuck! I just used jofer's nomad! Why must fate be so cruel...

Valgard
05-16-2017, 09:22 PM
I just wanted to ask, how does the new cooldown for secret locations / skull quests work now? I'm understanding that some unlock at, let's say, 9 a.m., others at 5 p.m., et cetera, all in the same day? Are we now "forced" to play at various specific times each day if we don't want to lose drop chances?

By the way, I like most of the new content like the chance to collect the Eternal characters. But I'm sorry to hear about that Prisoner bug and other crashes, hoping they get fixed soon.

Killhouse
05-16-2017, 09:28 PM
Oh man, I hope that's not the case. Eternal souls should contain the BEST characters in the game with that slog required to get them.

Edit: A quick look at your Beelzebub makes me agree with your initial impressions. His talisman slots are weird as all hell and his attacks are odd with the physical basic and then the magic power and fury moves. :S

Looks like Jofer has him. He looks pretty damn cool!

Yep, bad slots(purple blue red) physical base attack with chance to apply burns, power move that does magic and seals and blinds, fury that does magic damage and grants vanish. The effects are nice but even maxing damage options he hits for very little.

Also, the patch notes mention Visions now "steals" effects, he just removes them from the enemy.

DaveMurray
05-16-2017, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the update and the new content but 20000 iron coins for eternal? Are you serious? That's only for like 10 players and the rest of us can go screw ...
On the sidenote, loading times are terrible and pvp is fucked once again because of the prisoner..

zdm-1083
05-16-2017, 09:32 PM
Where is the smooth game from previous update?
Looks like we are back in non user friendly interface where every menu change took so loooooooooooooooooooooooong.

Did it come from intrusive publicity for packs? :o

That's so boring...
Even in game Fury animation and end of round animation seems to be back to not good old time when everything was bullet time.

About secret locations we move from 12 to 8.
Ok fine, did the 1K "secret location" achievment remains? XD
As well, I would think 12 time over RNG is better than 8...

About 20K iron coins to be done in 4 days... Are you guys are serious?
Did you do the maths?
That's 1300-1600 games... 3900 ironites... srly...
I'm already sure that I will not be able to get it...
Great...

New content so often is great but some decision seems not think twice (if it's english...)

And I don't speak about testing...

:mad: :(

Monte47
05-16-2017, 09:37 PM
Prisoner seems to be causing an issue, tho, I experienced it testing defense. When he goes to strike, it glitches, then applies a boat ton of effects, good and bad, to both sides.

The Nomad- I don't see him on the list of tweaks, but mine has been killed twice because he is barely healing himself (nope, he had nonnegative effects on him). And, I noticed on defense tests that he wasn't healing as much as he used to.

Nekroliun
05-16-2017, 09:38 PM

I think i broke it

Tridimensionale
05-16-2017, 09:38 PM
Eternal loading time...

mjmxiii
05-16-2017, 09:42 PM
Eternal loading time...
LMAO! New feature they forgot to write down!
😆

Ancient Mariner
05-16-2017, 09:47 PM
The game has become extremely slow, please fix it..it took already too much to accomplish the daily duties, can't imagine about now.

And also I'm not sure i got how the new skulls locations work: every group has 5 waves but they lock after you only play one of them, right? I guess that higher waves give better rewards..

Liebhild
05-16-2017, 09:53 PM

I think i broke it

Your nomad is a clever one. He knows that it is better to leave this buggy shit.

Kardas
05-16-2017, 09:54 PM
@ Nekro: Reminds me of the old days when Windows froze and you could 'paint' by dragging your programs across the screen

And also I'm not sure i got how the new skulls locations work: every group has 5 waves but they lock after you only play one of them, right? I guess that higher waves give better rewards..

The Waves thing is purely cosmetic. What it does is show you all the enemies you'll fight in a level. Before you could only see what you'll fight in the Boss wave

surfingwithdje
05-16-2017, 10:32 PM
Really disapointed by this update :/
- Souls fragments are limited at 20/weeks so no new character before 7 weeks unless if you have 20000 iron coins (and just 4 days to get them)
- secret locations seems to have better rewards but now cost 12 SoT (and we have to play 50 troopers/day)
- prisoner's passive don't works at all now, I have to waste 9 skillshards for building another toon i didn't need, just for facing the gunner CR in the arena
Seriously i'm loosing my enjoyment for the game, and starting to be tired of all that time and efforts wasting for building a competitive pvp team who is to rebuild every 15 days because of huge meta changes (intended or not) at every update :/

90mphyorker
05-16-2017, 10:41 PM
Not impressefd with the cost of SoW in the Skull Quests. Will wipe out your SoW in one go and make getting your 50 Troopers in a day more challenging and so far rewards didn't seem worth it. Talisman Horde cost me 12 SoW and all I got was 1 Piercing and Penetrating Talisman. Doesn't seem worth it to me. Hopefully next few days I get rewards that justify the high SoW.

RCarter
05-16-2017, 10:43 PM
Decided to see if the Prisoner lock up bug worked against the Prisoner in the Underworld.

It does.

And the Lord of Light is apparently a real boss now because the Prisoner no longer shuts down his passive.

Zapathusara
05-16-2017, 10:57 PM

I have seen that too, just a glimpse, couldnt print. I think (and hope) that is BNW, based on the class icon in front of the shape of a world.

druid138
05-16-2017, 11:07 PM
I have seen that too, just a glimpse, couldnt print. I think (and hope) that is BNW, based on the class icon in front of the shape of a world.

Garden of Life - lyrics from Blood Brothers

Garden of Fear - lyrics from Brave New World

Maybe both will be part of the BNW dungeon, with different class requirements and/or rewards.

Good update, by the way. Love the fragments concept, including the Precious concept. Some nice new dimensions to the game. I'm hoping to see more ways to earn Eternal fragments besides just 20 per week from the Store and Arena Rewards. Maybe some events?

Clairvoyant looks awesome. I'd take her over the new Eddie. It would be cool if Eternal Souls guaranteed non-dupes, given their rarity and the small (current) pool of characters.

It's nice to have Immunity back for my HH.

druid138-6195

PsiH86
05-16-2017, 11:08 PM
20000 iron Coins!!!! 😮3 days!!!! I'm in shock!!!😮😮😮

mjmxiii
05-16-2017, 11:10 PM

Well damn... gonna have to start playing PvP now.... even with his weird talisman layout, this char is cool as hell! At the moment, I can only imagine what he would be like fully sharded. 20k iron coins in 4 days isnt gonna happen... so 2 months later.... Clairvoyant lol... also CG chase is over haha

Thanks Killhouse!

druid138
05-16-2017, 11:16 PM
I noticed a strange thing with my "80M Gold" Achievement. I was sitting at about 78M before the update, with 24M in current inventory. After the update, the Achievement was unlocked and showed 102M Gold. I'm guessing something with the update added my current inventory back to my cumulative total. I haven't claimed the 160 Ironite that it wants to give me - it feels unearned.

I'm also seeing what others are seeing regarding the "120 Achievements" Achievement. I was reset to 0 with the update.

druid138-6195

Peppoah
05-16-2017, 11:44 PM
Aces high eddie hits like a truck now, very good update for him!

I like the update. Aces high, assassin undead rescuer, corrupt owl cultist, they all work fine now.

Nekroliun
05-16-2017, 11:47 PM
So right now what is the best drop from the eternity soul? Except eternity eddie ofc...

Id say Wrath > Beelzebub > Clairvoyant

Wrath sure did give me hell back when i did madness underworld! Savage strike... removes all fucking beneficial effects and also raped the enemy team! Oh and ofc, this is the basic!

His other death mark is meh but applies 3 marks to the whole team.

His fury though, is fucking rape hell, whats worse than true dmg? True dmg with magic, whats worse than true dmg and magic? True dmg, magic and physical! Also applies flare!

The only thing i think Beelzebub has over his bro is dat fury. Dat fockin fury. Talk about a nomad on drugs.

I didnt even read the clairvoyant's abilities, but i assume shitty healer magic bitch. Will prob be good

Sparton_LOTB
05-16-2017, 11:48 PM
Some quick updates about the recent update:

We've identified an issue with the Prisoner soft locking combat and not having his passive work in various scenarios that worked in the previous update. We're working on a hot fix build to release ASAP.
We've identified an issue causing increased load times, specifically on Android. We're also getting this into a hot fix build ASAP.
There is an issue with the new tiers of "Achievement Completed" (that require 120 or more achievements) where your count starts at 0 if you already completed 100 achievements before this update. This will take more time to fix, but when the fix does go out, it'll update to the total amount of achievements you have earned so you can continue collecting from that achievement line.
Regarding the Eternity Soul and the Eternity Soul Fragments, the Soul is there purely as a one-time offer for people who have lots of Iron Coins saved up from months of PVP. For getting more of the Eternity Soul Fragments, you can get anywhere from 5 to 40 more per week based on your division (in addition to buying 20 per week from the Arena Store).

I can't do more in-depth responses right now, as I'm coordinating with the team to help ensure we get the high priority fixes out without delay.

Very sorry about the issues caused by the recent update.

Nekroliun
05-16-2017, 11:48 PM
I like the update. Aces high, assassin undead rescuer, corrupt owl cultist, they all work fine now.

We talkin' about the same cultist right? Magus? Dat shit's useless

Nekroliun
05-16-2017, 11:49 PM

We've identified an issue with the Prisoner soft locking combat and not having his passive work in various scenarios that worked in the previous update. We're working on a hot fix build to release ASAP.
We've identified an issue causing increased load times, specifically on Android. We're also getting this into a hot fix build ASAP.
There is an issue with the new tiers of "Achievement Completed" (that require 120 or more achievements) where your count starts at 0 if you already completed 100 achievements before this update. This will take more time to fix, but when the fix does go out, it'll update to the total amount of achievements you have earned so you can continue collecting from that achievement line.
Regarding the Eternity Soul and the Eternity Soul Fragments, the Soul is there purely as a one-time offer for people who have lots of Iron Coins saved up from months of PVP. For getting more of the Eternity Soul Fragments, you can get anywhere from 5 to 40 more per week based on your division (in addition to buying 20 per week from the Arena Store).

I can't do more in-depth responses right now, as I'm coordinating with the team to help ensure we get the high priority fixes out without delay.

Yay, didnt really face any of these problems but hey, yay

mjmxiii
05-16-2017, 11:59 PM
Hey Sparton a minor thing I noticed with Resistance talisman... description in update notes is mixed up with Resilience set (Resistance was 3-set, Resilience was always 2-set). In-game it says HP increased by 50% of ATK and MAG but it shows no increase in either HP or DEF or MR to show it's functioning properly in either way... please add that to the list...

Zapathusara
05-17-2017, 12:04 AM
Garden of Life - lyrics from Blood Brothers

druid138-6195

thanks bro, was with this line in my mind and cant get which lyric it came from.

Sometimes, when coming back from a Skull Quest, the game sends me to the first world, with a big canyon on the start and nothing more.

Bug 2: skull quests are freezing before the loading. Happens three times in a row at the second quest. Will come back to it tomorrow.

Bug 3: Assassin CR sealed an Harpy, which happily uses its skill. I double checked the status.

Hypnos
05-17-2017, 12:09 AM
Hey it's me again! Many many several months later and fervor is still not fixed (though this time you bothered to post a note saying it would be). Instead now, the charge is procing but it's not doing anything to damage output.

Now the server is back to its slow loading days I can say that period of smooth and quick loading times was a fun ride while it lasted. Real nice update...

mjmxiii
05-17-2017, 12:31 AM
Major weird shite going on with secret locs or skull worlds... PvTe0 error when trying to enter unlocked mission... Every. Time. W. T. F.

Monte47
05-17-2017, 12:32 AM

Wish you guys the best of luck. Has to be so frustrating for you all. Thanks for trying to give us something new and fun. Cheers.
Eskiggalu

Monte47
05-17-2017, 12:37 AM
Mine crashes every time I try to start a skull qwest.

JJJ428
05-17-2017, 12:39 AM
I was just going to post the same thing, for me its only half the skull quests. Crashes on xp material cache and talisman cache.

PsiH86
05-17-2017, 12:42 AM
Congratulations on your first update is broken to hell game!!
1) half of the quests skulls are not included with the error about server unavailability
2) achievements...
3) iron 20000 coins for the new soul in the arena (Frank flirting with the tops) with a three-day period to receive
4) and killed the progress achievements...

Epic... Now I do not want to criticize one of my favorite games, but... a Bunch of burned chair.

OdoyleRules
05-17-2017, 12:43 AM
The load time now is very slow and laggy. On top of that the description for resistance talisman is completely wrong. It says increase health by 50% of attack/magic. Instead of increase def by 30% of attack and etc..

Edit: What was wrong with the cost of secret location before. Now it's to expensive to get anything done. Specially using all my troopers within the time limit.

I am also experiencing quite the lag on a screen transition.

IZI
05-17-2017, 12:44 AM
Skull quest materials consistently crashes. Kinda sucks when new material is unplayable.

PsiH86
05-17-2017, 12:46 AM
Wrote Twice about achievements...
So the game as a whole has become more

Monte47
05-17-2017, 12:53 AM
I was just going to post the same thing, for me its only half the skull quests. Crashes on xp material cache and talisman cache.

Those were same I was on.

RCarter
05-17-2017, 12:54 AM
Getting consistent PVTE0 crashes every time while trying to enter the XP material cache and horde, and the Talisman cache.

At least I dont have to spend all that SoT I guess?

ShadowedLies
05-17-2017, 12:55 AM
Getting consistent PVTE0 crashes every time while trying to enter the XP material cache and horde, and the Talisman cache.

Experiencing the same issue on top of horrible load times, and random crashes while autoing PvE.

Hammerhil
05-17-2017, 01:11 AM
Major weird shite going on with secret locs or skull worlds... PvTe0 error when trying to enter unlocked mission... Every. Time. W. T. F.

Also running into this problem. The game restarts and I can't get in.

Also suffering major lag, especially when ending a quest. Loading times are insane.

JJJ428
05-17-2017, 01:19 AM
My first guess is maybe something to do with those quests aren't normally open today cause of 1,2,3,5 day timing? So that is what might be causing the error?

LandCrusher70
05-17-2017, 01:26 AM

XP Material Cache & XP Material Horde for me....

OdoyleRules
05-17-2017, 01:30 AM
Also running into this problem. The game restarts and I can't get in.

Also suffering major lag, especially when ending a quest. Loading times are insane.

I just want to apologize to any folks that are on my Trooper list. With the 4 to 5 minute lag time to load up a new round, it may take some time to complete all 50 troopers.

Ignatius92
05-17-2017, 01:37 AM
Anyone try a sacrifice? Screen hides the number of toons you have and you can't get to the first toon to click on it to sacrifice. Have to scroll to the right and try to click the toon before it scrolls back off the screen.

Like the concept of the update but the game is unplayable on android due to lag and loaf times.

Sleestak
05-17-2017, 02:02 AM
One step forward, two (or three) steps back on this update.

Aside from the lag and fresh round of bugs, here is my biggest issue with the update:

Everyone has been asking forever to make it easier to use all 50 troopers. It just became immensely more difficult with the SoT requirements on Skull Quests. I can appreciate that the reset times are 1 day now, but getting rid of 4 quests (8 total now, down from 12), and more than doubling the SoT needed just doesn't help streamline this game. LoL Dungeons are already a luxury, if you find yourself with some extra SoT. I don't see myself ever getting into those dungeons again now.

BonFire
05-17-2017, 02:03 AM
Dunno how in the hell they did it. Made a game that was barely playable already and made it so much worse. They Michael Jordan'd the level of how bad this game got. Well, far as I know, it can only get better. I won't be seeing eternity souls for a long damn time.

Can the Clairvoyant spawn from Magus souls or only Eternity?

Askora
05-17-2017, 02:32 AM
Death Dog still does not retain damage charge, it vanishes on him as soon as it's cast.

Also, facing a CG in pvp (3 times) and stun 3 out of 4 on my team every time, 3 rounds in a row every time. I'm pretty sure the odds on that are extremely slim if he's actually proc'ing at his advertised rate. Mine's maxed on effect chance and doesn't come anywhere close to that ratio. Think he had stun and energy (same combo as mine) and yet he manages to pull off the impossible. Mummy doing a lot better at taunting as well.

Of course, long loading times, pvte0 trying to do skull quests. 65k SoT progress dropped to 40.0K.

Silentknight
05-17-2017, 02:36 AM

Some work, I can't access 3 of em

Tritium
05-17-2017, 02:46 AM
The new SOT requirements for the old-but-altered SLs is like a slap in the face. Unless the chances for getting something decent have been more than doubled to fit the SOT requirement, then I see no reason why the SOT costs should be so excessive. This truly does put a damper on our ability to hit the daily 50 trooper requirement.

Killhouse
05-17-2017, 03:00 AM
End of March rewards have disappeared. No ironite, sands of time or gold is awarded after matches.

fred10141988
05-17-2017, 03:02 AM

Hi, I have some questions about precious souls.

According to the information in game, we can get one of those character (1-5* IDOL or HEART) from per precious soul.

Can we power up them? Can we evolve them?

If we can, can 1* sacrificial heart evolve to 3* strong sacrificial heart or 5* ultimate sacrificial heart?

mjmxiii
05-17-2017, 03:47 AM
Some work, I can't access 3 of em

Copy that, narrowed it down to the same three everyone else has issues with. Just noticed you got Clairvoyant. Gonna have to wait till reset to check her out.

The new SOT requirements for the old-but-altered SLs is like a slap in the face. Unless the chances for getting something decent have been more than doubled to fit the SOT requirement, then I see no reason why the SOT costs should be so excessive. This truly does put a damper on our ability to hit the daily 50 trooper requirement.

Had to say that I did get 100k in gold from one of the skull locs but still agree with you Trit, costs are a bit high now. Not able to collect on unlocked locs anyway...

Loading times are killing it btw... Game walking backwards to move forward

hold
05-17-2017, 04:05 AM

I just spent 12 SoT for 10 normal souls and 1000 gold.

And all the other stuff everybody else is reporting. Lag, errors ... And a lot of toons seem to do a hell of a lot more damage.

Instead of a fast track for troopers ...

I like the idea of the update but the quality of it is nothing new - just awful.

P.s. GCR still replenishes her shield right after a steal. Lots of other stuff still not fixed.

DIEDD
05-17-2017, 04:15 AM
Still secret locations will drop ironite? I do not see them in this new system. And I agree that the cost of SOT is very high

abbadon
05-17-2017, 04:38 AM
I was thrilled at first, thought i 'd ended up playing all day like when i first onstalled the game, but this update is horrible. Instead of have fun playing all day, it seems like I've been pissed off all day. I've was going to post a bunch of issues but I see every single one already mentioned. I can't think of any net-positive changes since March. Should just roll back two or three updates.

Kamuz24z
05-17-2017, 05:07 AM
Visions Eddie is not stealing beneficial effects it removes some of them just like the patch said

HomemLivre
05-17-2017, 05:56 AM
Visions Eddie is not stealing beneficial effects it removes some of them just like the patch said

Yep, everything is a mess... 35% chance o "steal" nothing... That is just one of the problems beside all of the issues already reported in here...

hold
05-17-2017, 06:23 AM
... And I agree that the cost of SOT is very high

I am back to play my troopers on Poewrslave madness. Does give you close to 7000 gold as well. Does not give 3* rainbow evo runes but luckily I don't need any - have quite a few of them.

Also lucky me I have finished the LoL achievement ... but when BNW turns up SoT really can be an issue as I guess those levels won't be any cheaper to play than LoL.

After playing a bit more this update is more disappointing than I thought. You need more time for less stuff or you refill.

Well known bugs are not fixed at all and old content was wrapped in shiny new bags and the price has doubled. On day one I haven't got any reward worth mentioning apart from 1 rare soul (that I got most of the days in SL as well / 3* dupe) and 5 of those precious fragments. So it will take quite a while to cash those new things in and I fear RNG for this feature already. You save a month to get a 1* heart ...

zdm-1083
05-17-2017, 06:25 AM
Mine crashes every time I try to start a skull qwest.

Skull quest materials consistently crashes. Kinda sucks when new material is unplayable.

Experiencing the same issue on top of horrible load times, and random crashes while autoing PvE.

I begin to quote all guy with the same issue but they are too much that encounter the same as me XD
Try to play other even if for me it did not worth it... So low reward for so high SoT cost.

I fully agree, that's not fair at all.
I begin to list what I got, for it is so useless...

@Sparton: Great about the 20K irons coins, I wonder how many player could afford it...

Nekroliun
05-17-2017, 06:45 AM
Does every update discussion turn from "nice update! Good to see that the devs are working hard for a better future for the game! Damn thats alot of bugfixes! The new "whatever shit is released" is awesome!" Into "this game is the physical embodiment of retardation, never have i ever seen a game so buggy! I mean i love the game and all, but these bugs man! I think the devs should make a step up in the bugfixing game."?

I mean, 1 day we all happy and grateful, 2 days we all mad and hateful. i might aswell jump of a rooftop

(Idk about you but i almost never experience bugs in this game...)

ritchbe
05-17-2017, 07:11 AM
I noticed a strange thing with my "80M Gold" Achievement. I was sitting at about 78M before the update, with 24M in current inventory. After the update, the Achievement was unlocked and showed 102M Gold. I'm guessing something with the update added my current inventory back to my cumulative total. I haven't claimed the 160 Ironite that it wants to give me - it feels unearned.

I'm also seeing what others are seeing regarding the "120 Achievements" Achievement. I was reset to 0 with the update.

druid138-6195

+1 on both cases; gold suddenly shows achieving 150M (was <100) and achievements got reset on 0 (was around 120 imho)

satani
05-17-2017, 07:15 AM

Well, my friend got loads of shards for his archievment, but on my both accounts (signature) i also have it stuck at 1-2 and received nothing. I have played through all levels incl. lightbringer madness at 3 skulls and received nothing?

Also noticed a bug: Kingdom of Sands Bonus/Skull-Levels are not accessible though open. (i got AMPA, or some similar error)

konstifik
05-17-2017, 07:25 AM
The red number on the Skull Quests icon indicated I had 6 playable quests, although there are 8. However, two of them (XP Material Cache and Talisman Cache) are inaccessible due to constant PVTEO-errors.

12 SoT to play Talisman Horde and the only reward I got was a 3* freezing sorcery talisman. And with Hellhound passive fix and Siege passive no longer working on first round effects, it takes much longer to play through as well. No thanks...

Clicking next after clearing Talisman Horde put me into an empty Ailing Kingdom valley.

Super slow loading times.

80M achievement bugged. Total achievements cleared achievement bugged.

This game just gets better and better...

PsiH86
05-17-2017, 07:28 AM
Does every update discussion turn from "nice update! Good to see that the devs are working hard for a better future for the game! Damn thats alot of bugfixes! The new "whatever shit is released" is awesome!" Into "this game is the physical embodiment of retardation, never have i ever seen a game so buggy! I mean i love the game and all, but these bugs man! I think the devs should make a step up in the bugfixing game."?

I mean, 1 day we all happy and grateful, 2 days we all mad and hateful. i might aswell jump of a rooftop

Updating is potentially good, but...
A large number of mistakes spoils everything. Perhaps on a staibilnost it is worse even, than during start of a game.
Yes... Editing of balance - it is good, new characters and new system of receiving souls - is remarkable (would be abruptly if such system was extended to all types of Souls).
Will correct the new errors causing impossibility to play in the updated missions and burning by a jet stream of chairs will cease...
Well and 20000 Iron Coins... There are no words... It as has so turned out that some could fill them (at the same time managing to buy also Talismans from the Arena)? These are 2000 fights on average taking into account possible losses purely on Soul!!!

Kutte
05-17-2017, 08:12 AM
lol just tried the new update for not even 30min on a fresh install.
In that short time i've seen the nearly a year old inventory crash on selling, several(!) crashes including MACL0s, ridiculous SoT costs, ridiculous awards from sacrifices/skull-whatever missions (ONE puny 3* talisman or for 12?) and
still nothing new to play or a finally faster way to play troppers. i didn't check pvp before uninstalling again but ofc i've read that topic

on the pro side: i didn't had any long loading times on android

DaveMurray
05-17-2017, 08:18 AM

I was so excited when i read the update notes and then i updated the game and all hell broke loose.
I believe that most of the minor bugs will dissapear with the hot fix but still i wonder why there was no testing before launching the update.
I never experienced bugs before, probably because i play the game on top devices, but now i am affected as well.
Offcourse i am really frustrated and annoyed with their decision to give the Eternity soul to only a few people, who certainly deserve it but the rest of us won't have the ability to get it for at least 2 months.:mad:

mjmxiii
05-17-2017, 08:25 AM
So on a positive note lol.... two of the three unplayable skull locs opened up about 20 minutes ago.. the two old kingdom of the sands locs... how fun...

blade685
05-17-2017, 08:43 AM
we can win something not useless in skull mod?
I did all without 2 bugged and only shit rewards

Nekroliun
05-17-2017, 09:00 AM
we can win something not useless in skull mod?
I did all without 2 bugged and only shit rewards

Well i got a skillshard, 9 3* evo shards, 6 3* evo runes, a rare soul, 30ish souls, 10 precious soul fragments.

rest is shit.

But ye, rewards are pretty decent

abbadon
05-17-2017, 09:07 AM
I'll add that math for 20,000 for eternal is impossible without spending a lot of money (and time) unless you were a lucky beta PvP player. If the new characters are as great as they should be it seems PvP will now be locked to a small number of players, unless they as useless window dressing "collectibles" like the Halloween pumpkins and Christmas reindeer.

blade685
05-17-2017, 09:10 AM
Well i got a skillshard, 9 3* evo shards, 6 3* evo runes, a rare soul, 30ish souls, 10 precious soul fragments.

rest is shit.

But ye, rewards are pretty decent
for me only shit....no skillshard, 3* evo shards, 3* evo runes, rare soul, ish souls, precious soul fragments...hum 12 sands for nothing at eath attack.
I'm the badest lucker of that game?

Ringe666-7406
05-17-2017, 09:11 AM
I was usually the one to complain about every update but this time I just can't, content is too damn good so I am fine with this bugs (not all of them caught me, luckily) and I believe you guys will Remove Negative Effects ASAP. Though I will be mad if I get Wrath or Beelzebub instead of that beautifull Clairvoyant :D Thanks again \m/

OdoyleRules
05-17-2017, 10:47 AM
Can you elaborate on how the testing is done before releasing these updates? Honestly, if it didn't have the name Iron Maiden attached to it, thousands of users would be gone. This is beyond frustrating.

MrFreeze
05-17-2017, 10:57 AM
I didn't look too closely at the pvp point changes last night, but I dropped from around 100 to 502 with only 6 attacks overnight. Does that even make any sense?

Edit: and 20 sot spent this morning for some runes and shards in this new setup. I told myself I was gonna refrain from complaining this time around, but Christ nodding frog. Why do you guys continue to make the game more of a chore? If your going to double the price of these things, increase the chances of getting something decent. Even with the long lock times, they were fine how they were. With all the broken stuff to fix, why did you decide to break something that worked?

Monte47
05-17-2017, 11:55 AM
My only skill qwest crashing is now "Talisman Cache", got in to the other two.

I'm not noticing the lag times others are speaking on, my arena has been choppy for a month, but, my phone is going south, so could be that.

Liebhild
05-17-2017, 12:54 PM
That update is again a big joke.

Don't know, if the devs know, that they can play this game also, if they would simply test, they wouldn't give us, what the gave us.

And as reward for weeks full of bugs, we get higher costs for SL. 20000 ICs is also a big ass kick for the most of the regular players.

LotB is now only pay2win, useless to play, if you don't pay...

Ian
05-17-2017, 02:24 PM
Well, glad to see immunity works on HH and AD now. Pity that the game is very slow, and the SL/skull quest being more SoT than LoL is ridiculous.

The fragments is a nice addition but those new characters suck. They just look rubbish.

I honestly don't know why people are complaining about eternal souls being 20,000 coins. They are put there so all those people with huge stockpiles of coins can now actually use them. And what's the problem - the people who were rebuying SoW with purchased ironite helped support the game. It makes sense if you read the actual pre update announcement: We know now that a war chest =20k iron coins

blade685
05-17-2017, 02:31 PM
That update is again a big joke.

Don't know, if the devs know, that they can play this game also, if they would simply test, they wouldn't give us, what the gave us.

And as reward for weeks full of bugs, we get higher costs for SL. 20000 ICs is also a big ass kick for the most of the regular players.

LotB is now only pay2win, useless to play, if you don't pay...
+10: always dupes = dead in top 100-150 pvp if you don't have the good toons like me ( no vision eddie, viking, prisoner etc etc ) bug bug bug...
Without iron maiden license the game will be dead since a long time :eek:

BonFire
05-17-2017, 03:02 PM
Anyone else getting false notifications that sands of time have been refilled. Got one last night, and when I started it was at 66. And after using that up, I got two notifications back to back 10 minutes later.

Enti
05-17-2017, 03:10 PM
I'll add that math for 20,000 for eternal is impossible without spending a lot of money (and time) unless you were a lucky beta PvP player. If the new characters are as great as they should be it seems PvP will now be locked to a small number of players, unless they as useless window dressing "collectibles" like the Halloween pumpkins and Christmas reindeer.

I'm with you on this one.

Never had the opportunity on PvP beta, started with global -> no IC gathered
Then I was in the pool of people being attacked 300 times -> no incentive to play, low IC amount gathered
Matchmaking fix, rewarding slacking instead of attacking -> no incentive to play, low IC amount gathered
PvP talismans added to arena store: needed to stay competitive -> taking away accumulated IC @ rate of 2400+ per week

I would have the time and persistence to go through ~800 battles I need, but in order to do so I'd have to purchase 1k ironites at least... And in no way will I pay 50€ for one character, that's just ridiculous.

I do agree, that people with tons of IC gathered over the weeks have at last something shiny, but those who are not dumping money in the game or spend the free ironite rewarded on souls, or SoT refills or anything else, are just deprived of this possibility. However, I do not think (or at least do not hope) these characters are going to be game changers in PVP, but will most probably give people a hard time facing them.

Anyway - I like and dislike the eternity soul purchase option in store at the same time.

Killhouse
05-17-2017, 03:36 PM
As someone that was in the Beta and has PVPd a ton, I have to say don't get too upset about the eternal soul for purchase. Maybe it's just the character I got, Beelzebub, but he's not good. Kinda like a shaman Eddie with a nomad fury but with vision Eddie damage levels. There's plenty of 4 star characters that are far superior.

I've used Wrath and Eternal Eddie as well, both feel better but again are not super overpowered characters that will break the game. And clairvoyant seems to be a magus version of the GCR but I don't have a trooper with her.

Again, cool idea, mostly cosmetic reward for suffering through the bugs and grind.

Honestly, I'd rather have the 20k coins back to have more flexibility to buy any and all other items in the store each week.

FallenAngel666
05-17-2017, 03:43 PM
As someone that was in the Beta and has PVPd a ton, I have to say don't get too upset about the eternal soul for purchase. Maybe it's just the character I got, Beelzebub, but he's not good. Kinda like a shaman Eddie with a nomad fury but with vision Eddie damage levels. There's plenty of 4 star characters that are far superior.

I've used Wrath and Eternal Eddie as well, both feel better but again are not super overpowered characters that will break the game. And clairvoyant seems to be a magus version of the GCR but I don't have a trooper with her.

Again, cool idea, mostly cosmetic reward for suffering through the bugs and grind.

Honestly, I'd rather have the 20k coins back to have more flexibility to buy any and all other items in the store each week.

I have tried only wrath and I picked the Clairvoyant.
I basically agree with all you say . Npone of the Characters I have tried seems to be able to make a change in the game. Wrath is an assassin that doesn0t make a lot of damage, and as you said The Clairvoyant has very much in common with GCR. I love her special but that is the only good thing she gots.
i still didn0t try the Eternity Eddie, so I can't judge.
I am a collectionist of characters so I am very happy about them, but for playing none of them( or at least none of those I tried) can make the difference in a fight nor in PVP

hold
05-17-2017, 04:03 PM
Anyone else getting false notifications that sands of time have been refilled. Got one last night, and when I started it was at 66. And after using that up, I got two notifications back to back 10 minutes later.

I just did ... but have only 50 ... so I switched it off that it can't bother me anymore

hold
05-17-2017, 04:14 PM
So another 20 SoT down the drain and I got:

1* Stun Talisman, 15 ironite and 2x Freeze Talisman

To summarize the new and improved "SL": For 80 SoT I got f*ck all, a Rare Soul (3* dupe) and 5 Precious Fragments. I'm already on my way out to celebrate ...

IceManFerrar
05-17-2017, 04:20 PM
The last two Skull Quests (Talisman Cache and Talisman Horde) just opened up a few mins ago. As folks mentioned earlier, looks like it was a timing issue.

I got crap though:
Talisman Cache -- 1 Paralysis Mystical, 1 Guardian Safeguard
Talisman Horde -- 3 Piercing Fierce

blade685
05-17-2017, 04:24 PM
The last two Skull Quests (Talisman Cache and Talisman Horde) just opened up a few mins ago. As folks mentioned earlier, looks like it was a timing issue.

I got crap though:
Talisman Cache -- 1 Paralysis Mystical, 1 Guardian Safeguard
Talisman Horde -- 3 Piercing Fierce
Same for me but with oin,ly one totally useless talisman loot, i stop that ridiculous skull to keep my sands of time, i have better loot in first level of the game !
Continu like this dev team you're in the good way to keep old players like always :mad:

druid138
05-17-2017, 04:38 PM
I just completed the eighth and final Skull Quest for the day. In total, I ended up with 1 Skill Shard, 1 Rare Soul, some Regular Souls, 10 Soul Fragments, 100K Gold, plus talismans, runes, and shards. The extra SoT cost is high, but I'll hold off on judgment until I get a better sense of "average" rewards. I'm happy with today's, obviously.

druid138-6195

blade685
05-17-2017, 04:42 PM
I just completed the eighth and final Skull Quest for the day. In total, I ended up with 1 Skill Shard, 1 Rare Soul, some Regular Souls, 10 Soul Fragments, 100K Gold, plus talismans, runes, and shards. The extra SoT cost is high, but I'll hold off on judgment until I get a better sense of "average" rewards. I'm happy with today's, obviously.

druid138-6195me all 2 times and nothing of your loot....only shit
If you tell the truth there is a problem with many account too

yojo
05-17-2017, 04:54 PM

druid138-6195

I played the Talisman horde and earned 2 penetrating talisman (sorcery and power). I think is a poor rewards for 12 SoT

blade685
05-17-2017, 05:01 PM
I played the Talisman horde and earned 2 penetrating talisman (sorcery and power). I think is a poor rewards for 12 SoT

sure and for me it's 1 penetrating , riduculous expensive and useless for all end players

blade685
05-17-2017, 05:06 PM

druid138-6195the only good reward is the skill shard because with regular and rare souls i have only dupes now, we don't need all old talismans and runes and shard are in all simple 4 or 5 sand of time worlds
I don't understand that dev team, never see that or the game is impossible to debug for them

IceManFerrar
05-17-2017, 05:21 PM
I have to say that I received a skill shard in one of the Quests as well, along with 100k in gold. I did get some 3* Evo Shards and Runes, but other than that the drops were quite meager and not worth the amount of SoT. Let's see how today goes when the quests reset.

Nicko
05-17-2017, 05:39 PM

As one who's played your Beelzebub - I was kind of underwhelmed.

I got Eternity Eddie - he's a beast, but then so is Rainmaker who I have so not sure I'll be sharding him. Still - for those without a crazy damage Assassin Eddie I think he's a winner. As with any Eddie you have to work with him a while to figure out the nuances. Awesome fury!

I take that back. I'll probably shard him ;)

I thought Wrath was great as far as his power move. I did notice ShaolinLondo had him paired with a nomad - which looked really scary - but I beat the combo twice as his basic wasn't that great. I noticed Shaolin later benched him.

I agree with the clairvoyant comment - like a magus GCR. That 80% chance to remove an effect - combined with shields and revive - makes her a great character. She's the one I hope to get next.

I think the tuning on Viking and Aces High were great. Aces High was a bit of a dud and is now quite usable - have him in my defense - and have been using him in my offense - for fun since I dont think I'll be in competition mode this week - and he's doing pretty well. If they revise those shield skills he'll be worthy of the 5* designation - but is already dramatically improved.

gmac
05-17-2017, 05:45 PM

I got Beelzebub too, did not even bother bringing him to lv 100 yet.

That Wrath guy might be good. 75% to remove ALL beneficial effects on all toons? And they said Visions Take was too much... lol Can't understand this one.

Eternal Eddie looks more like Carnaval Eddie, bunch of things that makes no sense together put on a costume lol

The worst for me is that very few players got these new toons right away, I'm glad I was able to use saved irons coins, but there should be some incentive like a new sparton 300 for everyone else to put an effort and get one of these souls too.

I won't even get in to all bugs mentioned... Devs, help us out here! Fast!!!

Cheers
gmac

Nicko
05-17-2017, 05:51 PM
I got Beelzebub too, did not even bother bringing him to lv 100 yet.

That Wrath guy might be good. 75% to remove ALL beneficial effects on all toons? And they said Visions Take was too much... lol Can't understand this one.

Eternal Eddie looks more like Carnaval Eddie, bunch of things that makes no sense together put on a costume lol

The worst for me is that very few players got these new toons right away, I'm glad I'm was able to use saved irons coins, but there should be some incentive like a new sparton 300 for everyone else to put an effort and get one of these souls too.

Cheers
gmac

Missed that on beneficial effects for Wrath. Hilarious!

Dank Brew
05-17-2017, 05:55 PM
Where to start???

20,000?????!!!!!
4 days???!!! WTF

Eternal loading time for a LIMITED TIME EVENT???

I have worse luck than before now, 3 ox cultists in a row. Haven't had that luck in weeks.

encountered an error 10 times today in just an hour.

TWENTY THOUSAND????

might as well just slap me in the face and say "you'll never get these bitch"

Jofer16
05-17-2017, 05:56 PM
While I'd like a new shiny toy, I'm glad the eternities aren't crazy OP. If they were, all that would happen is we'd invest tons of skill shards into them only to have them nerfed into the ground in 3 weeks. Further adding to the wasted skill shard pile due to us players being PvP meta beta testers.

Dank Brew
05-17-2017, 05:56 PM
Do you guys not run tests before you release updates? The F is wrong with you people?

Ringe666-7406
05-17-2017, 06:00 PM
Sparton, can you please look into Magus CR's basic move? I just had a 10 minutes fight against one, she stole each and every single effect I had. All of my CD's shields plus else. I am no man of luck, but 100% stealing is just too unlucky, even for me. Thanks in advance \m/

Edit: happened again against other player. 100% triggering.

hold
05-17-2017, 06:02 PM
I think the tuning on Viking and Aces High were great. Aces High was a bit of a dud and is now quite usable - have him in my defense - and have been using him in my offense - for fun since I dont think I'll be in competition mode this week - and he's doing pretty well. If they revise those shield skills he'll be worthy of the 5* designation - but is already dramatically improved.

Have you tried the MR Charge on the Viking. I think it is only sometimes working. I need to spend more attention but when I charge it and use Pillage I can't see a difference. Pillage says it scales of MR ... or am I missing something.

Edit: definitely bugged. Does the same amount of damage charged or not.

Also the Loot is still bugged I think - at least when I try to steal from a GCR.

Fister
05-17-2017, 06:02 PM
sure and for me it's 1 penetrating , riduculous expensive and useless for all end players

You guys are too fast to judge this part of the update. Give it some more time.

Personally I've got a warrior and a sentinel soul from same skull quest as best result. And some sacrefice soul fragments.

I think in little time this will prove to be better.

Cheers 😃

Bradata
05-17-2017, 06:04 PM
Got Wrath and put 3 skill shards on him, not bad for farming but sucks for PVP. In GoD where I tried him Death Mark hits about 8k and the next toon finishes everyone with a perfect hit but the Inferno is kinda weak, inflicting Flare only if the defense you fighting has already over time effect damage applied... who has time for that :p

Nicko
05-17-2017, 06:12 PM
Got Wrath and put 3 skill shards on him, not bad for farming but sucks for PVP. In GoD where I tried him Death Mark hits about 8k and the next toon finishes everyone with a perfect hit but the Inferno is kinda weak, inflicting Flare only if the defense you fighting has already over time effect damage applied... who has time for that :p

I think Clairvoyant will end up being the winner for PvP

Peppoah
05-17-2017, 06:13 PM
We talkin' about the same cultist right? Magus? Dat shit's useless

Did you try him after the update? He doesn't seem so shitty to me. He killed the gunner COD in GOD madness with almost 5000 damage. He has a shield now, too. Maybe I'll put skillshards on him next year. 😀😀😀

Bradata
05-17-2017, 06:14 PM
While I'd like a new shiny toy, I'm glad the eternities aren't crazy OP. If they were, all that would happen is we'd invest tons of skill shards into them only to have them nerfed into the ground in 3 weeks. Further adding to the wasted skill shard pile due to us players being PvP meta beta testers.

That's why I stopped at 3 skill shards on my Wrath, was so exited that I got him and didn't even tried him first before I put my only 3 shards I had left. He looks good but not OP for sure.

Ringe666-7406
05-17-2017, 06:15 PM

So far Clairvoyant is my favorite. Not that I used others (I'm about to), but looking into skills and especially mandatory slots, as someone said, She can turn out to be another GCR.

Askora
05-17-2017, 06:23 PM
A thought on the higher cost for skull quests. Don't remember all the costs for the SLs, but I'm thinking the balance is you having the opportunity to play them more often than before. Rewards of course seem to be the same as before, so don't know that there's a big value in playing them more often.

Had to try and say something positive towards NF. Hard to do when updates seem to bring only more bugs, window dressing and very little in the way of actual new content.

It would be great if one of the devs could actually take the time to tell us why this continues. I don't know all the details of it switching from roadhouse​ to nf. Are they having to reverse engineer everything, bad documentation, bad code, bad initial design. Not asking for a strict roadmap, just wanna know wtf? I was looking forward to this update since it seemed like maybe they'd take​n a little more time, and was hoping that qa was better. But, same old thing as always. Maybe we all need to just expect less.

Patrice-1201
05-17-2017, 06:25 PM
If you look at LLexi Leon' s video on Facebook he introduces Brave New World as well ;-)

Silentknight
05-17-2017, 06:28 PM

Hope so!!!😁

Killhouse
05-17-2017, 06:36 PM
As one who's played your Beelzebub - I was kind of underwhelmed.

I got Eternity Eddie - he's a beast, but then so is Rainmaker who I have so not sure I'll be sharding him. Still - for those without a crazy damage Assassin Eddie I think he's a winner. As with any Eddie you have to work with him a while to figure out the nuances. Awesome fury!

I take that back. I'll probably shard him ;)

I thought Wrath was great as far as his power move. I did notice ShaolinLondo had him paired with a nomad - which looked really scary - but I beat the combo twice as his basic wasn't that great. I noticed Shaolin later benched him.

I agree with the clairvoyant comment - like a magus GCR. That 80% chance to remove an effect - combined with shields and revive - makes her a great character. She's the one I hope to get next.

Hah, yeah I think he's permanently benched. Tried stacking attack, or magic, or both, or health. He's pretty bad. I'll leave him as my trooper for a few days so others can try him but he won't even cut it for PVE.

Among the other bugs though, this is pretty minor, but still a huge investment for a very average character.

DIEDD
05-17-2017, 06:46 PM
Aces High was a bit of a dud and is now quite usable - have him in my defense - and have been using him in my offense - for fun since I dont think I'll be in competition mode this week - and he's doing pretty well. If they revise those shield skills he'll be worthy of the 5* designation - but is already dramatically improved.

I agree with that, aces needs a renovation on those damn shields so it can shine like a 5 star character in conditions.

Silentknight
05-17-2017, 07:06 PM
So far Clairvoyant is my favorite. Not that I used others (I'm about to), but looking into skills and especially mandatory slots, as someone said, She can turn out to be another GCR.
Built for arena...Shell, Immunity & Life???

Silentknight
05-17-2017, 07:10 PM
A thought on the higher cost for skull quests. Don't remember all the costs for the SLs, but I'm thinking the balance is you having the opportunity to play them more often than before. Rewards of course seem to be the same as before, so don't know that there's a big value in playing them more often.
8 levels instead of 12. Finally, last 2 unlocked this am. Got a skill shard outta 1 last night. Although I got a Secret Level skill shard last week...#3 in 9 months I think!

Ringe666-7406
05-17-2017, 07:15 PM
Built for arena...Shell, Immunity & Life???

One of the options, for sure, yeah. Depends mostly on the players style. Holy or penetrating are also good, or maybe freeze and shell without immunity. If she was warrior, I'd fill her with counter-strike, that Buff Removal chance is brutal :D

Bradata
05-17-2017, 07:41 PM
Number of the Beast is now like walk in the park with The Wrath next to me. Got Visions, Carriage & the Grim Reaper smashing the shit out of The Beast!

Askora
05-17-2017, 07:43 PM
8 levels instead of 12. Finally, last 2 unlocked this am. Got a skill shard outta 1 last night. Although I got a Secret Level skill shard last week...#3 in 9 months I think!

So far, mine have been the same as always. The talisman horde gave me one freezing talisman. I guess the game felt I'm not having to sell nearly enough of those every day, already. I've nearly completed the 6k achievement and gotten one death mark, that's one I'd like to get a few more of. I've got rainmaker and think he'd pair well.

Other than that, I did get 100k gold. Might actually be worthwhile if I needed it. Still can't get shards or runes, so gold is not that big an issue. Hopefully will get better.

Hammerhil
05-17-2017, 08:01 PM
So I am wondering... I have about 100 souls I was going to use and then sacrifice so I can get a full vortex. Any new problems with this I should be aware of before I go ahead and do it?

yojo
05-17-2017, 08:03 PM
Sparton, can you please look into Magus CR's basic move? I just had a 10 minutes fight against one, she stole each and every single effect I had. All of my CD's shields plus else. I am no man of luck, but 100% stealing is just too unlucky, even for me. Thanks in advance \m/

The Magic CR with full skill shards stole the beneficial effect a 100% of time

Ringe666-7406
05-17-2017, 08:19 PM
Number of the Beast is now like walk in the park with The Wrath next to me. Got Visions, Carriage & the Grim Reaper smashing the shit out of The Beast!

Did it for fun last night with GRE, Mummy, warrior NoL and Nomad :D

Metallicamilo
05-17-2017, 08:19 PM
Have you tried the MR Charge on the Viking. I think it is only sometimes working. I need to spend more attention but when I charge it and use Pillage I can't see a difference. Pillage says it scales of MR ... or am I missing something.

Edit: definitely bugged. Does the same amount of damage charged or not.

Also the Loot is still bugged I think - at least when I try to steal from a GCR.

same as pharaoh EDDIE, defense chrge is useless... i hope it's a bug.

Ringe666-7406
05-17-2017, 08:22 PM
The Magic CR with full skill shards stole the beneficial effect a 100% of time

Thanks for the info dude, I'd say I'm glad I'm not the only one, but I can't. Hope it will be fixed soon, she destroyed my ~150 battles without loss streak.

Browno
05-17-2017, 08:26 PM
You have to use entomb then enrage and after that pharaoh eddie does loads of damage. Did 19k with it on a magus char

BonFire
05-17-2017, 08:29 PM
Well, I've been kicked to my phone's homescreen more times than I count now. BS when it's from one of the skull quests that cost 12. Because I'm not getting the rewards oor the sodding sand back.

Tridimensionale
05-17-2017, 09:12 PM
Viking's loot is still bugged.. against toon with immunity & against toon with titan shield(GCR).. sometimes works, sometimes not..
I m pretty tired of being a beta tester.. every update brings some good idea with a huge load of new bugs/issue..

Dank Brew
05-17-2017, 09:26 PM
I'm a bit confused now. i thought I saw that the new guys are limited time only, now I can't seem to find where I saw that... Will it be worthless for me to get the fragments with my iron coins if I'm not going to make it to 150 within a few days?

Tridimensionale
05-17-2017, 09:43 PM
I'm a bit confused now. i thought I saw that the new guys are limited time only

Only if you buy one with 20000 IC. After that they are available with fragments

Dank Brew
05-17-2017, 09:51 PM
Ah I see, Only the soul itself is limited time. Thanks for clearing that up for me lol
And now that I looked in store... It's clear as day. What a fool I am lmao

Jofer16
05-17-2017, 09:57 PM
Almost to the finish line for the new Eternal, finishing all 50 troopers in today's environment lol Thanks for your patience troopers, like running in sand.

slauki
05-17-2017, 10:10 PM
i really like the idea behind the update. the reduced pvp defense losses are great and the idea on the new SL are also very nice and handy now. soul fragments and eternal characters are also awesome, and so i think the concept is good only the execution could be better...

One step forward, two (or three) steps back on this update.

Everyone has been asking forever to make it easier to use all 50 troopers. It just became immensely more difficult with the SoT requirements on Skull Quests. I can appreciate that the reset times are 1 day now, but getting rid of 4 quests (8 total now, down from 12), and more than doubling the SoT needed just doesn't help streamline this game. LoL Dungeons are already a luxury, if you find yourself with some extra SoT. I don't see myself ever getting into those dungeons again now.

man that's really a slap in the face. instead of making it easier to use 50 troopers, you even make it much harder now. that's a big issue for me and many others. me an others are fighting for a less time cosuming game since months. now we should log in 3 times per day and pay ridiculous amount of SOT just to play the bonus stages and what's with the 50 troopers, sorry that's really a pain. please consider to let all bonus stages reset at the same time, otherwise this is a mess.
and please reduce sot costs for them or let us use two trooper per battle or something like that....

nothing to add here

[/QUOTE]
The worst for me is that very few players got these new toons right away, I'm glad I was able to use saved irons coins, but there should be some incentive like a new sparton 300 for everyone else to put an effort and get one of these souls too.

Cheers
gmac[/QUOTE]

well i was pvp player since day one and i played 98% of all free sow and rebought a few times too, but i'm not able to purchase the eternity soul because i only have 12k coins. when someone with this playing intensity cannot do it, who should do it then?
OTAH i wouldn't even buy the eternity soul even if i had the coins, it'S far to expensive...10k would be a fair and sane price 20k is just lol IMO.

i like that you want to reward the top players with huge stacks of iron coins, but well we are the 99% what's with us?
a new sparton 300 would be great to with fragments or an eternal soul as rewards depending on the different tiers...

Jofer16
05-17-2017, 10:21 PM
Argh, shouldn't have talked shit, latest trooper point battle froze up to no points. Karma be damned haha

Enti
05-17-2017, 10:24 PM

This is not bad luck, MCR actually DOES steal 100% with his normal attack leveled up to 5. Check on my account :)

Eternity Eddie is basically the Maiden England artwork by Derek Riggs

Enti
05-17-2017, 10:28 PM
Argh, shouldn't have talked shit, latest trooper point battle froze up to no points. Karma be damned haha

That's a nice steal of ghost status there :D
On the other hand, since when can The Beast's yellow buff not be removed/stolen? Had to revive twice on my alt account because I was sure I can steal that damn buff and I got raped instead.

Nicko
05-17-2017, 10:48 PM
On the other hand, since when can The Beast's yellow buff not be removed/stolen? Had to revive twice on my alt account because I was sure I can steal that damn buff and I got raped instead.

Yup. Used to steal it with Viking Eddie. Played the Beast last night and wasn't able to steal it

Ringe666-7406
05-17-2017, 10:52 PM

Great, now when Wrath and Beelzebub are around, I'll still need the Beast to beat that blue lady... Just perfect. She's the new OP now, masked in one point higher price for Power move. She doesn't even need that bloody freeze any more with 100% stealing. Please don't get me wrong, this is not pointed to you :D

Sparton_LOTB
05-17-2017, 11:24 PM
Just to keep people informed about the upcoming hotfix, we just submitted that to the various platform holders. That hotfix will fix the following:

Fixed an issue which causes excessive load times going to certain screens in the game (primarily on Android, but also caused some sluggishness on iOS)
Fixed an issue where the Prisoner attacking another Prisoner could cause a hang
Fixed a bunch of cases where the Prisoner's Passive Disabled status effect did not work (there are still some bugs, but most of the new cases of it not working from yesterday's update should be corrected)

We are appraising the need to do a further hotfix, but we wanted to get this out sooner due to the impact it was having on a wide spread of the players. The update should show up in Android stores within the next few hours, and will show up on iOS as soon as we get a heads up that it is approved.

(Follow up post(s) regarding concerns from players to follow.)

Askora
05-17-2017, 11:35 PM
Just to keep people informed about the upcoming hotfix, we just submitted that to the various platform holders. That hotfix will fix the following:

Fixed an issue which causes excessive load times going to certain screens in the game (primarily on Android, but also caused some sluggishness on iOS)
Fixed a bunch of cases where the Prisoner's Passive Disabled status effect did not work (there are still some bugs, but most of the new cases of it not working from yesterday's update should be corrected)

We are appraising the need to do a further hotfix, but we wanted to get this out sooner due to the impact it was having on a wide spread of the players. The update should show up in Android stores within the next few hours, and will show up on iOS as soon as we get a heads up that it is approved.

Thanks for the quick work on a hotfix. I know it seems all we ever do is complain. Appreciate being kept somewhat in the loop. As I stated in an earlier post, keeping us informed helps. I know there's lots you can't share, but the more we can understand why there are so many issues might make a big difference in patience.

Hope this makes things a little more bearable until a bigger fix can be issued.

RCarter
05-17-2017, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the clean up work Sparton and crew.

Would really, really, really be interested in hearing you guys at least acknowledge the concerns with making it easier to meet the trooper daily use obligation. Ive actually cut down to only 35 troopers, and while it sure is easier to use all of the every day, it seems utimately self defeating for this game to not capitalize on the one cooperative social feature in the game.

High priced, rebranded secret levels sure seems like you guys arent listening or dont really think the concerns being raised are valid...

R1ck
05-18-2017, 12:01 AM

Just updated on Android, now game is much smoother, thanks for fast hot fix, need to try The Prisoner though.

Sparton_LOTB
05-18-2017, 12:23 AM
Going mostly off of memory (I've been reading through the thread, but haven't had the time to respond to many queries due to working with the team to isolate and fix issues for the hot fix update(s)):

Regarding the Eternity Soul

The intent for this soul is that it is something you work towards over time by collecting fragments from PVP. You can get fragments in two ways:

Buy from the Arena Store (10 fragments packs twice a week)
Earn from PVP Division on reset (starts at 5 fragments at Duelist II, can be up to 40 fragments at Eternal)

The Eternity Soul Fragments are a new, permanent fixture of the game. You'll have the opportunity to work towards getting a new 5 star character each week, and even when you eventually get them all, extras let you try out teams with multiples, or you can use them for big sacrifices to get rewards worthy of sacrificing duplicate 5 stars.

There is a one time, limited time only deal to get an Eternity Soul for a massive cost in Iron Coins. This is intended as a "thank you" for the many players who have engaged in a lot of the Arena since it launched, and to help get some of these new characters out into the wild so people can see how they perform, who they work well with, etc.

Finally, specifically on the subject of the balance of the characters that are within the Eternity Soul... we'll obviously need a lot more time to see how people utilize them. So far, we've seen everything from "this is OP!", to "these guys are really meh", to "I like some of what this guys does, and will try him out more". I am still collecting feedback from various channels (this thread, other threads, etc) to go over with Kaz so we're on the same page for people's sentiments, but overall I think, like many new things, we should all step back and see how the impact shakes out over time.

Regarding the Skull Quests

Each of the Skull Quests are primarily about giving you the rewards noted in their name (talismans from the Talisman Cache/Talisman Horde, for example). However, all of them have a chance of giving the following:

Ironite (with a higher quantity possible from later skull quests)
Skill Shards
Precious Soul Fragments

The amounts and quantities of all of the rewards should be equal to or greater than what was possible, on an average day, with secret locations. That said, I do recognize that some people feel like some of the quests can feel particularly underwhelming if you're unlucky (such as Talismans), so I will review what could be done so it still feels valuable to try and complete each Skull Quest every day.

Related, while we have changed the times for when the Skull Quests unlock, they still unlock once every 24 hours, and are then available for 24 hours. If you want, you can save all of your skull quests until 5pm PST and then complete all 8 in one go; you'll just have some of them unlock again sooner than others.

Regarding Precious Souls

There was a question a early in the thread about the characters from the Precious Soul, and if you can evolve them into their stronger counterparts. Each of the characters (Sacrificial Heart, Strong Sacrificial Heart, and Ultimate Sacrificial Heart) are different characters, so evolving one will not eventually give you the other. Evolving and leveling them up will make them worth more essence, though (but like other characters of their rarities, it doesn't necessarily increase by much).

That said, for the Gold Idols, leveling them up and evolving them does not increase their gold value, so you're best off just selling them for gold and being done with them.

Regarding Using 50 Troopers

With the increased cost for the high-value Skull Quests, there is more of a strain on late game players using all of your 50 troopers each day. However, after accounting for free Sands of Time from Daily Challenges, the average amount of freebie Sands of Time from clearing an average quest, and the amount of Sands of Time you will generate each day (assuming you sleep for 8 hours each day, but otherwise do a battle or two in the morning and some final battles in the evening to keep the regeneration clock going), you should still have enough Sands of Time for a bit more than 50 battles in a day. Also, all of that discounts getting more Sands of Time from paying Ironite or from Daily Login Rewards (for the days that give you those), although of course both of those things will give you more leeway.

Right now, our main concern is fixing major combat issues and performance issues, but I will use this as an opportunity to see if we can prioritize a solution to using more troopers per battle (in places that don't further impact players progressing through the game for the first time). I know we want to have a solution in place in time for the Brave New World, but it's understandable that a solution that arrives sooner would still be valuable.

Patrice-1201
05-18-2017, 12:33 AM
There is a one time, limited time only deal to get an Eternity Soul for a massive cost in Iron Coins. This is intended as a "thank you" for the many players who have engaged in a lot of the Arena since it launched, and to help get some of these new characters out into the wild so people can see how they perform, who they work well with, etc.

I understand but I think a lot more people deserved a Thank You and 10k Iron Coins will have been a fairer option... knowing how long it will take to get all characters I would have really not priced it more than 10K which by the way is already huge.

Tritium
05-18-2017, 12:34 AM

The amounts and quantities of all of the rewards should be equal to or greater than what was possible, on an average day, with secret locations. That said, I do recognize that some people feel like some of the quests can feel particularly underwhelming if you're unlucky (such as Talismans), so I will review what could be done so it still feels valuable to try and complete each Skull Quest every day.

Right now, our main concern is fixing major combat issues and performance issues, but I will use this as an opportunity to see if we can prioritize a solution to using more troopers per battle (in places that don't further impact players progressing through the game for the first time). I know we want to have a solution in place in time for the Brave New World, but it's understandable that a solution that arrives sooner would still be valuable.

Thanks for the updates, Sparton. I'm glad that you and the team are taking our feedback to heart regarding the skull quest SOT costs and the 50 troopers grind! :)

Jofer16
05-18-2017, 01:10 AM
Just got a freeze error end of arena match and now can't get back in due to http errors. Anyone else?

Patrice-1201
05-18-2017, 01:11 AM
Just got a freeze error end of arena match and now can't get back in due to http errors. Anyone else?

same here...

Silentknight
05-18-2017, 01:11 AM
Can't even get in. Server unavailable. Won't load

Monte47
05-18-2017, 01:12 AM
Me and my SO are totally locked out now, doesn't even try to load http://imgur.com/a/hUkBw

We're live again... 8:29 CST edit

MrFreeze
05-18-2017, 01:14 AM
Same. Froze up ending game of death. Can't get back into the game.

Browno
05-18-2017, 01:15 AM
Same here... server service unavailable.

mjmxiii
05-18-2017, 01:15 AM
Game is DOA.... won't even let me exit the frozen GoD I just completed

Jofer16
05-18-2017, 01:21 AM
Good, maybe someone got fired over these bullshit untested updates and things will get better. Oh one can dream :)

Browno
05-18-2017, 01:23 AM
What if this is a test to see if we can go back to our norma lives before lotb hit us :p

calizario
05-18-2017, 01:25 AM
I understand but I think a lot more people deserved a Thank You and 10k Iron Coins will have been a fairer option... knowing how long it will take to get all characters I would have really not priced it more than 10K which by the way is already huge.

you say all Patrice !!!

mjmxiii
05-18-2017, 01:29 AM
Good, maybe someone got fired over these bullshit untested updates and things will get better. Oh one can dream :)

It's about all we can do brotha... hope it gets better

Tritium
05-18-2017, 01:58 AM
I wonder if the server issue was related to the hotfix update. Then again, it's not like such an occurrence is a new thing. :p

Monte47
05-18-2017, 02:00 AM
Man, Spartan, I'm sorry for your luck. I love this game. It's the only mobile game I've ever played. I truly hope for your success. Buggy code is a nightmare. There is a thread asking for small beta tests of new updates. It's not a bad idea. That said, please don't throw in the towel. I really enjoy this game, and have put in a lot of money. My only wish is characters stopped being messed with until smooth play field is available. If not, interchangeable skill shards. Good luck.

Jofer16
05-18-2017, 02:05 AM
i don't know what's worse, the point system, or players like Nicko who continue to abuse it even after the update. Attacked me exponentially more times than anyone else and none are revenges lol at least grow a pair and clear lists like the rest of us.

OdoyleRules
05-18-2017, 02:07 AM

With the increased cost for the high-value Skull Quests, there is more of a strain on late game players using all of your 50 troopers each day. However, after accounting for free Sands of Time from Daily Challenges, the average amount of freebie Sands of Time from clearing an average quest, and the amount of Sands of Time you will generate each day (assuming you sleep for 8 hours each day, but otherwise do a battle or two in the morning and some final battles in the evening to keep the regeneration clock going), you should still have enough Sands of Time for a bit more than 50 battles in a day. Also, all of that discounts getting more Sands of Time from paying Ironite or from Daily Login Rewards (for the days that give you those), although of course both of those things will give you more leeway.

Right now, our main concern is fixing major combat issues and performance issues, but I will use this as an opportunity to see if we can prioritize a solution to using more troopers per battle (in places that don't further impact players progressing through the game for the first time). I know we want to have a solution in place in time for the Brave New World, but it's understandable that a solution that arrives sooner would still be valuable.[/QUOTE]

I have not received gold, ironite or sands of time after a PVP battle since the last update. Was this intended?

Nicko
05-18-2017, 03:15 AM
i don't know what's worse, the point system, or players like Nicko who continue to abuse it even after the update. Attacked me exponentially more times than anyone else and none are revenges lol at least grow a pair and clear lists like the rest of us.

I attacked you maybe three times this week.

I'm attacking whoever is above me point wise and haven't been playing a ton.

Sorry you have a problem with it and consider it "abusing" the point system. If clearing lists is what you find best - do it. I'm making maximum use of my time.

People used to gripe about how you'd attack them over and over as you were clearing your lists. I used to think "chill people - it's part of the game". Pizza Friday would attack me repeatedly in beta - Sag too - we'd have crazy endless back and forth revenges.

Really surprised at your comment.

Killhouse
05-18-2017, 03:24 AM
I just wanted to ad that I saw pizza Friday on my lists today. HE'S back! (Might have been for awhile but first I saw him)

Nicko
05-18-2017, 03:28 AM
I just wanted to ad that I saw pizza Friday on my lists today. HE'S back! (Might have been for awhile but first I saw him)

Me too - and couldn't resist attacking him ;)

I was shocked he didn't revenge. He truly was the King of beta and I wouldn't be surprised if he was Eternal again one day.

Kind of like its looking you might be this week ;)

Killhouse
05-18-2017, 03:56 AM
Me too - and couldn't resist attacking him ;)

I was shocked he didn't revenge. He truly was the King of beta and I wouldn't be surprised if he was Eternal again one day.

Kind of like its looking you might be this week ;)

Hah yeah I did that too. Guessing we'll see more of him.

Maybe it looks like that now but it's still early. It wouldn't take much for Gmac or Jofer to close the gap. I'm just having fun for now. We'll see what happens Saturday.

Tritium
05-18-2017, 04:06 AM
I have not received gold, ironite or sands of time after a PVP battle since the last update. Was this intended?

Same here. Thought it was odd as well.

Kardas
05-18-2017, 05:56 AM
Thanks NF for the hotfix. Game feels better so far but I haven't paid super much attention to the performance improvements so far.
Also good to know about the drops of Skull Quests. I think that adding a function for them that allows you to field multiple Troopers on the level will alleviate a lot of concerns people have about them. Though even then I'm not sure about some SoT costs (8 SoT for 3 common souls and some gold? Still not sure about that one)
I also noticed Void Talismans are back in the Talisman quests loot pool. Was that intended?

Tritium
05-18-2017, 06:50 AM
Sparton, I've noticed something interesting with my MCR. I have her equipped with penetrating talismans, yet I've noticed that her damage doesn't seem to increase when she procs the magic penetration effect in battle. Oddly enough, this only seems to occur when she attacks normally during her turn. What I mean by this is that I've seen her perfect hit for 10.7k when she attacks during my turn, but then hit for 14k+ when she attacks out of her turn via the use of a stolen counterattack buff. So, this would lead me to believe that magic penetration is a bit buggy with her right now. She only seems to make use of the effect when attacking out of her normal turn, which can only be done with a counterattack buff. Really strange bug concerning magic penetration and her.

Enti
05-18-2017, 07:02 AM
Just attacked Killhouse in Arena and my VE had no Past/Future skill options. Which is quite a drawback as I mostly use Take, Equilibrium, in rarer cases Titan Shield and Blur if I see no better moves. Still cashed in the victory, but I had to think really hard rofl.

I hope it was just a temporary glitch but I'll see if the issue persists

hold
05-18-2017, 07:13 AM
12 SoT for 1 2* Yellow Evo Shard, 3 3* Yellow Evo Runes and 3 2* Red Evo runes ... time to celebrate again ...

Edit: Also the app feels a bit faster - I still notice quite some lag ... it was way smoother before the update. Let's hope the next hotfix makes it faster again.

ritchbe
05-18-2017, 07:34 AM

+1 @Sparton_LOTB

hold
05-18-2017, 07:43 AM

You do realize that the time involved is getting higher and higher? Even if the SoT would be enough during 24 hours to fulfill all what the game has to offer - summer is coming and I will for sure not spend 24/7 in front of this game. I'd like to play my troopers in a reasonable time but if that is not possible I will have to cut them down during the summer month.

I'm in a lucky position that I can (most of the time) leave the game running and the game plays itself. But what's the point for that? A fast track option would do exactly the same but release the time pressure. It's not just SoT it is also time!

Nekroliun
05-18-2017, 08:20 AM
Did i miss this or what? When has this new resistance assassin talisman been released? Never seen it before, is it any good?

Liebhild
05-18-2017, 09:01 AM
AoF still has a problem with endure. Grants extra turn, but no toon was dead.

Fister
05-18-2017, 09:59 AM
Just had a MACLO defeat grinding GoD. When game was up again I see 1 notification that my champ had earned me 25 badges.

By powerslave74, the same trooper I had just runned when the MACLO stroke.

Coinsidense? I doubt.

Sorry for y(our) loss powerslave74, it wasn't in my hand. 😞

abbadon
05-18-2017, 10:54 AM
Is it just me or is this the most controversial update since the prisoner nerf?

I will say since then thongs have been very "interesting" and unpredictable, frustrating but different for end game players, but I have to imagine new players are confused as hell.

Killhouse
05-18-2017, 12:09 PM
Just attacked Killhouse in Arena and my VE had no Past/Future skill options. Which is quite a drawback as I mostly use Take, Equilibrium, in rarer cases Titan Shield and Blur if I see no better moves. Still cashed in the victory, but I had to think really hard rofl.

Damn, could've used that hold!

Enti
05-18-2017, 01:07 PM
Damn, could've used that hold!

Well I forgot to add that a nicely timed RNG stun saved my ass xD

DaveMurray
05-18-2017, 01:10 PM
The intent for this soul is that it is something you work towards over time by collecting fragments from PVP. You can get fragments in two ways:

Earn from PVP Division on reset (starts at 5 fragments at Duelist II, can be up to 40 fragments at Eternal)

The Eternity Soul Fragments are a new, permanent fixture of the game. You'll have the opportunity to work towards getting a new 5 star character each week, and even when you eventually get them all, extras let you try out teams with multiples, or you can use them for big sacrifices to get rewards worthy of sacrificing duplicate 5 stars.
There is a one time, limited time only deal to get an Eternity Soul for a massive cost in Iron Coins. This is intended as a "thank you" for the many players who have engaged in a lot of the Arena since it launched, and to help get some of these new characters out into the wild so people can see how they perform, who they work well with, etc.e.

Where's the "thank you" to the rest of the players? Don't we suffer from the same bugs? Don't we pay our share? Don't we engage in Arena a lot? Don't we help make this game better?
So everyone who was "luckier" and got OP toons and by that the ability to almost win all fights gets even more powerful? I really don't understand the thought behind that.
All the players that bought that soul fully deserved it but that doesn't mean that we don't care about the rest that will be able to obtain one after 2 months..
A price between 4k-5k would be logic cause you pay 3750 to obtain 150 fragments.

Each of the Skull Quests are primarily about giving you the rewards noted in their name (talismans from the Talisman Cache/Talisman Horde, for example). However, all of them have a chance of giving the following:

Skill Shards
Precious Soul Fragments

Up to now i got way less than before with the SL. 12 SoT for a useless talisman, just gold, simple souls or 1 xp shard is not what i had in mind.

Also AoF's passive is still bugged, just played 2 battles with caretakerii and extra turn was granted twice after a kill.
On the second battle my toon wasn't even killed.

Killhouse
05-18-2017, 01:45 PM
Well I forgot to add that a nicely timed RNG stun saved my ass xD

RNG, always working against someone!

Also, I'm kinda surprised that for the eternal soul they didn't just add fragment packs at different tiers as one time only purchase options. If the soul is 20k. Have half the fragments available for 10k, 1/4 for 5k etc. have them all as a one time per account and you can only buy one of the packs... thank you to everyone that way...

Also, I'd gladly give my eternal character to someone if I could. He's already benched on my roster.

Ringe666-7406
05-18-2017, 02:15 PM

@hold: Don't think that your def team managed to "hold" me... :D :p Damn APMAs :rolleyes:

Shaolin85london
05-18-2017, 02:43 PM
Going mostly off of memory (I've been reading through the thread, but haven't had the time to respond to many queries due to working with the team to isolate and fix issues for the hot fix update(s)):

Finally, specifically on the subject of the balance of the characters that are within the Eternity Soul... we'll obviously need a lot more time to see how people utilize them. So far, we've seen everything from "this is OP!", to "these guys are really meh", to "I like some of what this guys does, and will try him out more". I am still collecting feedback from various channels (this thread, other threads, etc) to go over with Kaz so we're on the same page for people's sentiments, but overall I think, like many new things, we should all step back and see how the impact shakes out over time.

Skill Shards
Precious Soul Fragments

Related, while we have changed the times for when the Skull Quests unlock, they still unlock once every 24 hours, and are then available for 24 hours. If you want, you can save all of your skull quests until 5pm PST and then complete all 8 in one go; you'll just have some of them unlock again sooner than others.

Regarding Precious Souls

There was a question a early in the thread about the characters from the Precious Soul, and if you can evolve them into their stronger counterparts. Each of the characters (Sacrificial Heart, Strong Sacrificial Heart, and Ultimate Sacrificial Heart) are different characters, so evolving one will not eventually give you the other. Evolving and leveling them up will make them worth more essence, though (but like other characters of their rarities, it doesn't necessarily increase by much).

That said, for the Gold Idols, leveling them up and evolving them does not increase their gold value, so you're best off just selling them for gold and being done with them.

Sparton, just want to say thank you, thank you for communicate with us, thank you for the effort of all of you guys behind the scenes. I ll spread that becose people need to understand how much work is there. Sincerely thanks, all together, players and devs we can make LOTB a unique game experience, the best one of ever. Cheers!

Patrice-1201
05-18-2017, 04:00 PM
Dear all,

I feel compelled to expose my feelings on the journey that we have been on together and the recent development following the update.

As a start, I want to say thank you to the community around LOTB as it has become more than a game for many of us and brings us a little bit closer to our favorite band 😉 I also want to say thank you to Nodding Frog for being so open to discussions and sharing so much with us. We are not always easy to deal with, we push hard because an update is one day past our expectations and as soon as we get it, we criticise and suggest they should spend more time testing… Interesting, are we never going to be satisfied?

With that said, I must admit that I was extremely shocked by the extortionous price put on the Eternal Soul as a "Thank You”to a selected few that the system is currently pushing up creating an ever growing divide between players. Some were lucky to be part of the PVP beta and had not only gained experience but also souls, skill shards, iron coins that helped them stay at the top and forbid the rest of us from ever achieving. A real thank you should have been addressed to all of us here in the forums by setting a much more reasonable price (between 5k and 10k Iron Coins i guess). It will take so long to get the remaining 3 souls anyhow…

I also wonder how much Trooper Points they will charge for Trooper Eddie… (25k, 50k…)

I am really puzzled and hope that someone will address this and make it right.

But I also feel that we should also make it right and stop insulting the enormous amount of efforts and time spent by the devs to share with us and deliver. I run a software company I know how much work that is!

Sorry for the heartfelt post but I had to let it out…

Up the Irons \m/

Patrice-1201

hold
05-18-2017, 04:25 PM

@hold: Don't think that your def team managed to "hold" me... :D :p Damn APMAs :rolleyes:

No wonder my defense held! One of your toons is lying lazy on the ground and the other hide in the dark becuase they are scared like little girls! ;)

And as a punishment I will not revenge!

hold
05-18-2017, 04:30 PM
... I run a software company I know how much work that is!

May I ask what are you doing if you deliver something and your customers loose stuff (SoT, SoW -> in the end could be real money as people pay for certain things)? Are you also making stuff more expensive and put more workload onto your customer? I would strongly advise against it to be honest ...

Ringe666-7406
05-18-2017, 04:33 PM
No wonder my defense held! One of your toons is lying lazy on the ground and the other hide in the dark becuase they are scared like little girls! ;)

Touche :cool: This made me giggle really good :D \m/

hold
05-18-2017, 04:37 PM
Touche :cool: This made me giggle really good :D \m/

I really would love to know how many of my defense wins are actual wins and how many are due to server errors and so on. But that's probably impossible to find out.

Ringe666-7406
05-18-2017, 04:43 PM
I really would love to know how many of my defense wins are actual wins and how many are due to server errors and so on. But that's probably impossible to find out.

Me too. Or probably wouldn't, I guess it'd make me cry. But I know for sure that all defs broken by me this week are real, and not caused by APMA, MACLO & Co Inc. :cool:

Jofer16
05-18-2017, 04:49 PM
May I ask what are you doing if you deliver something and your customers loose stuff (SoT, SoW -> in the end could be real money as people pay for certain things)? Are you also making stuff more expensive and put more workload onto your customer? I would strongly advise against it to be honest ...

yeah I'd have to totally disagree with the "let's give them a break, development is hard" opinion. and I'm surprised you own a software company with that attitude.

been a developer over a decade. if I put out this kind of quality routinely I wouldn't have a job for very long. and neither would anyone else in any respectable company.

these guys are paid professionals so should be treated as such. this isn't some student project being developed by kids. in that scenario I could understand the reoccurring incompetence and give it a pass.

professionals should be held to a higher standard of quality of work.

i do appreciate the communication and effort I guess but kinda lost in everything else and seems more about words than action a lot of the time just to calm the community.

once again hoping I'm wrong with subsequent updates, I'm foolishly hopeful :)

hold
05-18-2017, 04:55 PM
The 80 SoT wasted for today on the "improved" SL - worth mentioning:

1 rare soul (3* dupe) - 15 normal souls (1 3* dupe) and a Death Talisman (that I don't need). Everything else I get from GoD or the like as well.
Also today: No ironite, no soul fragments ...

It might be just my luck but if that continues like that I will only play the soul ones in the future. This is pathetic.

Enti
05-18-2017, 05:07 PM
As I created my alt account not long ago, I can totally feel the pain of both veteran players and newcomers. (I skip veteran part now as I am moderately active here)

Barriers new players face:

Lack of SoT with new SLs
No competence in PvP (I used 35+ rare souls already and not a single 4* dropped)
Sluggish advancing in story mode
Absolutely no chance to get eternals for at least 2-3 months more
Crashes that can set you back in case happening after you clear a level after days of trying
Lack of skill shards

and so on... I really feel bad for anyone new. True, I have a different view on my alt account as I already did the grinding needed, and others might be entertained by the challenge the game provides, but still... Hard - to say the least

Bradata
05-18-2017, 05:39 PM
I always try to look for different points of view on everything, for example the 20,000 iron coins price for an Eternity soul complaints. You guys are saying that you didn't play in the beta PVP and that's why you didn't have 20,000 to spend for the soul... let's ask Jofer when he started playing in PVP and how he got more than 80,000 iron coins ( I saw it on one of his posted pictures not too long ago). If you read through his introduction post "... crusher of dreams..." you will see that he started the PVP when it was available for every one.
So my point of view here is that that "Thank you" the devs are giving is for the players that played a lot and deserved some kind of reward for that. I know it's just a game and not all of us have time to play it as much as others but this is the reward for those others that played. Can't one just play the free SoW per day and expect big rewards, one needs to play more to win. I see a lot of guys after the update are hauling ass and fight like crazy so they can get the 20,000 needed for the precious souls and I wish them luck, they in my eyes deserve the reward, not the ones that only sit and complain.
I don't point fingers but I just hate cry babies!
Up the irons! A meaning that some players here don't get.

Dank Brew
05-18-2017, 05:49 PM
Sparton, please read my post. I really think it could help.

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5713-SPARTON-Game-testers

Dank Brew
05-18-2017, 05:53 PM
Maybe to avoid mass "whining" as people call it, before you release an update that will have something EXTREMELY expensive just give us a hint.

"Just a hint of whats to come, save your iron coins!"

That's it... At least we were warned, and there will only be 2 pages of crying instead of 15 pages.

Ringe666-7406
05-18-2017, 05:53 PM
I see a lot of guys after the update are hauling ass and fight like crazy so they can get the 20,000 needed for the precious souls and I wish them luck, they in my eyes deserve the reward, not the ones that only sit and complain.

With so many of us chasing grand 20k, good luck to you and your def as well dude... Knowing how much I want to get there, I can't even feel bad about being constantly on Bengio's, mammy's and Ubajoa's list :D But, no pain no gain :cool: \m/

IceManFerrar
05-18-2017, 05:59 PM

Same thing happened to me twice in the past 24 hrs...one to Yojo, and then other just now to Patrice. Both times I had won, but when the game restarted it showed me as having lost both of the matches.
The good thing is that both Yojo and Patrice revenged me, and I was able to revenge them back, victorious again for both fights, and this time THANKFULLY my victories were registers. HA!

Ringe666-7406
05-18-2017, 06:03 PM
Same thing happened to me twice in the past 24 hrs...one to Yojo, and then other just now to Patrice. Both times I had won, but when the game restarted it showed me as having lost both of the matches.
The good thing is that both Yojo and Patrice revenged me, and I was able to revenge them back, victorious again for both fights, and this time THANKFULLY my victories were registers. HA!

I think someone mentioned before that these crashes "with name" should be made draw. The way it is now, I lose winning points, I lose points for "losing" (32 overall), plus I lose points on revenge, and as I am high in ranks atm, that would probably be 13 as well (considering that the loses are finally cut).

Ian
05-18-2017, 06:17 PM
Maybe the next update will have an achievement award for getting all the different error codes. Today I managed APMA1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. Just need 3-5 for the set.

Sparton_LOTB
05-18-2017, 06:32 PM

[Plus similar comments from others]

There is indeed some server instability happening on and off. I came into the office hearing the tech team discussing it, so I know they're already working on improving stability.

I also noticed Void Talismans are back in the Talisman quests loot pool. Was that intended?

Hm, I'll review what's going on for the specific talisman choices. I think there was some confusion a while aback about what talismans were supposed to be in secret locations only, and they've just kinda been sitting in the same place for a while.

Sparton, I've noticed something interesting with my MCR. I have her equipped with penetrating talismans, yet I've noticed that her damage doesn't seem to increase when she procs the magic penetration effect in battle. Oddly enough, this only seems to occur when she attacks normally during her turn. What I mean by this is that I've seen her perfect hit for 10.7k when she attacks during my turn, but then hit for 14k+ when she attacks out of her turn via the use of a stolen counterattack buff. So, this would lead me to believe that magic penetration is a bit buggy with her right now. She only seems to make use of the effect when attacking out of her normal turn, which can only be done with a counterattack buff. Really strange bug concerning magic penetration and her.

Odd indeed, I'll pass that along for investigation.

It should just be temporary... perhaps kill the app and restart will fix that?

You do realize that the time involved is getting higher and higher? Even if the SoT would be enough during 24 hours to fulfill all what the game has to offer - summer is coming and I will for sure not spend 24/7 in front of this game. I'd like to play my troopers in a reasonable time but if that is not possible I will have to cut them down during the summer month.

I'm in a lucky position that I can (most of the time) leave the game running and the game plays itself. But what's the point for that? A fast track option would do exactly the same but release the time pressure. It's not just SoT it is also time!

With the exception of the load time bug, it doesn't make sense to say that "the time involved is getting higher and higher". The time to do 50 battles hasn't changed, so the recent changes should not have meaningfully required you to spend more time in the app. If anything, one of the recent updates increasing combat speed on auto has made going through 50 troopers faster, not slower, and with this update you'll have shorter (if more frequent) sessions due to the Skull Quests costing more Sands of Time (which is part of the reason why we changed the costs and unlock method the way we did, so people don't feel obligated to have very long sessions as often).

As I stated earlier, though, I do agree we want to streamline that further, but no mechanics in this update should have made your play sessions longer if using all 50 troopers is your goal. There's the load time problems, yes, but we've also already release the hotfix on Android (and the iOS update should soon follow, once it's approved).

Dear all,

I feel compelled to expose my feelings on the journey that we have been on together and the recent development following the update.

[A very respectable critique of the Eternity Soul cost]

Thank you for the thorough and thoughtful response. I've passed this along to the team.

I think it's fair to say that a lot of people haven't agreed with our method of seeding a limited amount of the new Eternal characters into the player base. I don't know if there is a solution we could have done that everyone would have been happy with, but I do not want to discount people's personal experiences and opinions on the manner, as I can see why some peoples view the limited availability of the one time purchase is not favourable.

At the end of the day, we wanted to get a small amount of these characters into players' hands at the feature's launch, and we saw an opportunity to solve a problem that many long-term players have expressed where they feel they get way more iron coins than they could ever possibly spend, and we thought this was the right target to hit, but we will be more considerate of people's perceptions about that in the future.

Sparton, please read my post. I really think it could help.

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5713-SPARTON-Game-testers

The subject of beta testers does come up from time to time, but the short version of it is that there are major technical hurdles that prevent us from easily doing this (major updates usually aren't compatible with old data, so if you're on a new update and something goes screw-y, you're going to be stuck unable to play for a while), and also it can cause marketing problems with revealing new features and content before a release (which I personally don't have a problem with players getting eyes on things sooner, but that decision is well above my pay grade). And even if both the technical and marketing problems are dealt with, it means more overhead for coordinating and triaging issues with people who aren't in the office. That naturally slows down development even further, when everyone on the forum knows that people are hungry for new content and new features.

That doesn't mean we won't look into some kind of beta test solution (I've talked to some teammates to see if it is something we can employ from time to time), but there are major hurdles from getting that up and running, and maintaining such an operation that may do more damage than it prevents if we don't handle that carefully.

Dank Brew
05-18-2017, 06:43 PM
Makes sense, Thanks for the reply Sparton.

hold
05-18-2017, 06:46 PM
With the exception of the load time bug, it doesn't make sense to say that "the time involved is getting higher and higher". The time to do 50 battles hasn't changed, so the recent changes should not have meaningfully required you to spend more time in the app. If anything, one of the recent updates increasing combat speed on auto has made going through 50 troopers faster, not slower, and with this update you'll have shorter (if more frequent) sessions due to the Skull Quests costing more Sands of Time (which is part of the reason why we changed the costs and unlock method the way we did, so people don't feel obligated to have very long sessions as often).

As I stated earlier, though, I do agree we want to streamline that further, but no mechanics in this update should have made your play sessions longer if using all 50 troopers is your goal. There's the load time problems, yes, but we've also already release the hotfix on Android (and the iOS update should soon follow, once it's approved).

Sure if you have time to log on 3 times a day. For me the resets of those new SL are 2am, 10am and 6pm. In summer I probably won't play from 6pm on as I'm outside somewhere. Also PvP and 50 trooper plus the mandatory 3 sessions a day ... well I have a job already.

But so be it ... Those Skull drops seem to be too poor to bother anyways ...

Bradata
05-18-2017, 06:51 PM
With so many of us chasing grand 20k, good luck to you and your def as well dude... Knowing how much I want to get there, I can't even feel bad about being constantly on Bengio's, mammy's and Ubajoa's list :D But, no pain no gain :cool: \m/
I am OK with the attacks, I got my Eternity Soul for playing like mad before. Now it's your time to shine guys! ;)

Patrice-1201
05-18-2017, 07:05 PM
I am OK with the attacks, I got my Eternity Soul for playing like mad before. Now it's your time to shine guys! ;)

well done, what char did you get? I still have 7k iron coins to go....

druid138
05-18-2017, 07:09 PM

Are you going for it? Good luck! That's madness!

druid138-6195

Sparton_LOTB
05-18-2017, 07:10 PM
Sure if you have time to log on 3 times a day. For me the resets of those new SL are 2am, 10am and 6pm. In summer I probably won't play from 6pm on as I'm outside somewhere. Also PvP and 50 trooper plus the mandatory 3 sessions a day ... well I have a job already.

You don't need to log in when the Skull Quests become available. They're still each available for 24 hours from the time they unlock each day.

For example, in my PST time zone, they're 5pm, 1am, and 9am. Ain't no way I'm staying up until 1am (at least on most nights), but that just means I catch that set when I wake up the next day.

Bradata
05-18-2017, 07:14 PM

The Wrath is what I got. He is not bad but for sure not an OP character. Not a defense usable toon as well but in most of the Underworld madness chapters combined with AoF he gets the job done, basically I don't get hit even once playing. As I mentioned in a different post "Number Of The Beast" is like a walk in the park for me now using him.
Thanks god, they let us buy only one Eternity soul, Jofer could have had all 4 now :o

Patrice-1201
05-18-2017, 07:17 PM
Are you going for it? Good luck! That's madness!

druid138-6195

at 15k, i would have at 20k the 7k missing is almost 19 hours of continuous play and i am away all of saturday...

Bradata
05-18-2017, 07:21 PM
at 15k, i would have at 20k the 7k missing is almost 19 hours of continuous play and i am away all of saturday...

That's really madness but I've done it myself so it's doable ;) Just put on some heavy Heavy Metal and you good... :D

Dank Brew
05-18-2017, 07:25 PM
Well.... 10/150 soul fragments... now to save for a couple weeks... No point in trying to save the 20k, I wont even make it half way. But at least this is forcing me to play PvP.... time to climb the ranks for the achievements also!

Enti
05-18-2017, 07:27 PM
Well.... 10/150 soul fragments... now to save for a couple weeks... No point in trying to save the 20k, I wont even make it half way. But at least this is forcing me to play PvP.... time to climb the ranks for the achievements also!

Yah, I'm passing also - not because of time or willingness but because I would need to buy ironite for €55 for a character I will get in a couple weeks anyway :D

Off: Sparton, my issue with the vanishing Past/Future skills is gone, just a one-off anomaly. And as for another matter, would it be possible to make a "Statistics" feature in the game? I'll write this to the relevant sub-forum as well.

slauki
05-18-2017, 07:27 PM
I always try to look for different points of view on everything, for example the 20,000 iron coins price for an Eternity soul complaints. You guys are saying that you didn't play in the beta PVP and that's why you didn't have 20,000 to spend for the soul... let's ask Jofer when he started playing in PVP and how he got more than 80,000 iron coins ( I saw it on one of his posted pictures not too long ago). If you read through his introduction post "... crusher of dreams..." you will see that he started the PVP when it was available for every one.
So my point of view here is that that "Thank you" the devs are giving is for the players that played a lot and deserved some kind of reward for that. I know it's just a game and not all of us have time to play it as much as others but this is the reward for those others that played. Can't one just play the free SoW per day and expect big rewards, one needs to play more to win. I see a lot of guys after the update are hauling ass and fight like crazy so they can get the 20,000 needed for the precious souls and I wish them luck, they in my eyes deserve the reward, not the ones that only sit and complain.
I don't point fingers but I just hate cry babies!
Up the irons! A meaning that some players here don't get.

well man i play since day one pvp and i played almost every free sow i had since december now. i also refilled a couple of times and if playing half a year religiously isn't enough to get this souls, something is wrong out there. sure there are guys who are much more hardcore and better than me, so they deserved it for sure but man i'm somewhat hardcore too and for a long time now, and for people like me it's a slap in the face not being able to purchase the soul, because of it's ridiculous price. would be interestinng to see how many players really bought the soul 10, 15, 20 out of 5000 or 10000? LOL!!!!!!!!

i really like the fragments part, so the souls will come in every 3-4 weeks, that not the problem, but this is really bad marketing that disreagards 99,5% of all players. all in all it's a great feature, but the introduction was really poor IMO.

Patrice-1201
05-18-2017, 07:29 PM
[Plus similar comments from others]

Thank you for the thorough and thoughtful response. I've passed this along to the team.

I think it's fair to say that a lot of people haven't agreed with our method of seeding a limited amount of the new Eternal characters into the player base. I don't know if there is a solution we could have done that everyone would have been happy with, but I do not want to discount people's personal experiences and opinions on the manner, as I can see why some peoples view the limited availability of the one time purchase is not favourable.

At the end of the day, we wanted to get a small amount of these characters into players' hands at the feature's launch, and we saw an opportunity to solve a problem that many long-term players have expressed where they feel they get way more iron coins than they could ever possibly spend, and we thought this was the right target to hit, but we will be more considerate of people's perceptions about that in the future.

And maybe the answer is in your response :p remove "limited availability" and keep it as one time purchase... or make it 10k ;-)

Just a thought...

ShadowedLies
05-18-2017, 07:43 PM
Is there a going to be a fix in place for the game randomly crashing every third battle. Nearly half of my troopers are missing badges from me because the game crashes so damned frequently for me on Android.

Ringe666-7406
05-18-2017, 07:54 PM
Is there a going to be a fix in place for the game randomly crashing every third battle. Nearly half of my troopers are missing badges from me because the game crashes so damned frequently for me on Android.

That's the issue I have since August... While I am at work and play on phone (at home I play on laptop), i have to restart after every two battles, just to be sure :D

Tritium
05-18-2017, 07:58 PM
Still experiencing the infamous 3-tap bug. This time, it happened due to an enemy Viking Eddie using one of its 3-tap moves. This bug has been around for nearly 2 months now (maybe even longer).

Bradata
05-18-2017, 08:21 PM
well man i play since day one pvp and i played almost every free sow i had since december now. i also refilled a couple of times and if playing half a year religiously isn't enough to get this souls, something is wrong out there. sure there are guys who are much more hardcore and better than me, so they deserved it for sure but man i'm somewhat hardcore too and for a long time now, and for people like me it's a slap in the face not being able to purchase the soul, because of it's ridiculous price. would be interestinng to see how many players really bought the soul 10, 15, 20 out of 5000 or 10000? LOL!!!!!!!!

i really like the fragments part, so the souls will come in every 3-4 weeks, that not the problem, but this is really bad marketing that disreagards 99,5% of all players. all in all it's a great feature, but the introduction was really poor IMO.
Don't feel bad, look at it this way: Now you have more iron coins than me and in the next sweet deal the devs give us you will be the one able to get it instead of me ;)
I know it's a steep price to pay, 20,000 is A LOT but believe me, you aren't missing much not getting Eternity soul now, killhouse benched his already.
I played a lot PVP in the early days, sometimes I would spend 120 ironites per day refiling SoW but the interesting thing was that when I started PVP I had 7000 ironites and at each reset I still had almost the same amount... don't ask me how, I can't remember.
And just to be clear, I only spent $200.00 from day one I started playing till now, twice I bought 4000 ironites together with a legendary soul and both times I got Alliance General :p so I don't think I spent a lot but that's my point of view.
A lot of you guys deserved this, don't get me wrong. Many times I felt that the game was unfair to me too but it is what it is. The grass is always greener in our neighbors' yard if you know what I mean ;)
There is a saying: All comes to those who wait! So I guess your time will come too, slauki!

DaveMurray
05-18-2017, 08:26 PM
As I created my alt account not long ago, I can totally feel the pain of both veteran players and newcomers. (I skip veteran part now as I am moderately active here)

Barriers new players face:

Lack of SoT with new SLs
No competence in PvP (I used 35+ rare souls already and not a single 4* dropped)
Sluggish advancing in story mode
Absolutely no chance to get eternals for at least 2-3 months more
Crashes that can set you back in case happening after you clear a level after days of trying
Lack of skill shards

and so on... I really feel bad for anyone new. True, I have a different view on my alt account as I already did the grinding needed, and others might be entertained by the challenge the game provides, but still... Hard - to say the least

As a new player(playing for 4 months) i would like to thank you for this post.

I am not the perfect example of a normal player because up to now i've spent a lot of time playing, way more than normal people but i consider myself a hardcore gamer.

My main problems are obtaining good toons and shards. It's just impossible even if you pay and pkay like me.

And maybe the answer is in your response :p remove "limited availability" and keep it as one time purchase... or make it 10k ;-)

Just a thought...

Actually the answer was in his response, "in the future".

Btw your open letter post was great. Gratz.

Sparton_LOTB
05-18-2017, 08:30 PM
And as for another matter, would it be possible to make a "Statistics" feature in the game? I'll write this to the relevant sub-forum as well.

Not sure what you mean, but I'll keep an eye on the other subforums as I usually do, so I'll find out eventually.

Just a thought...

But again, a big part of the goal of pricing it the way we did is getting a small amount of these into players' hands.

Like, we could have done a lottery and given no more than 20 active players these souls, or given everyone a chance to earn fragments for a soul that had a very small chance of giving you an Eternity Soul or something... at the end of the day, we didn't want hundreds of people to get a first taste that easily, so someone would have cried foul regardless of the method we chose.

Also, it doesn't really make sense to keep this around as a long term purchase. It costs way less Iron Coins to just buy 2 packs of 10 fragments each week for a few weeks, and that's assuming you're not also getting a decent amount more fragments from making it to Duelist II or higher (which means even less Iron Coins needed per soul). That's the route we expect most players will go, which is why the "whole soul deal" has the short availability.

Still experiencing the infamous 3-tap bug. This time, it happened due to an enemy Viking Eddie using one of its 3-tap moves. This bug has been around for nearly 2 months now (maybe even longer).

Sheesh, I'm perplexed as to how this is still happening to you. I think at this point all I can recommend is following up with CS using the in-game Support button, as they'll know more about investigating and solving this issue than me.

Patrice-1201
05-18-2017, 08:37 PM
But again, a big part of the goal of pricing it the way we did is getting a small amount of these into players' hands.

Like, we could have done a lottery and given no more than 20 active players these souls, or given everyone a chance to earn fragments for a soul that had a very small chance of giving you an Eternity Soul or something... at the end of the day, we didn't want hundreds of people to get a first taste that easily, so someone would have cried foul regardless of the method we chose.

Also, it doesn't really make sense to keep this around as a long term purchase. It costs way less Iron Coins to just buy 2 packs of 10 fragments each week for a few weeks, and that's assuming you're not also getting a decent amount more fragments from making it to Duelist II or higher (which means even less Iron Coins needed per soul). That's the route we expect most players will go, which is why the "whole soul deal" has the short availability.

I understand but looking at all reactions, I would reconsider or extend by a couple of weeks or a month... ;-)

gmac
05-18-2017, 08:40 PM

Hi Sparton, why not make a Sparton 300 like event, so people would have to work hard to get them? Make it 400 or even 500, but give everyone else a chance too...

Cheers
gmac

Sparton_LOTB
05-18-2017, 08:52 PM
I understand but looking at all reactions, I would reconsider or extend by a couple of weeks or a month... ;-)

But it doesn't make sense to let people work towards something that costs an exorbitant amount of Iron Coins when it would take then just a few weeks longer to get it with fragments for far less Iron Coins. I feel like that that point the direct purchase of the Eternity Soul would be a rip off for most people. Hell, within 4 weeks we're going to have plenty of people who'll have gotten enough fragments to get an Eternity Soul from the Fragments feature... if you're competing so hard to get 20k Iron Coins over 2-4 weeks, you'll have gotten enough Eternity Soul Fragments from division placement that you definitely should be saving for getting an Eternity Soul from fragments instead of buying the soul outright for Iron Coins.

Hi Sparton, why not make a Sparton 300 like event, so people would have to work hard to get them? Make it 400 or even 500, but give everyone else a chance too...

Definitely something to consider, but we want to do fragment events based around other features and other characters first (existing and yet-to-be released). Gotta mix things up a little!

Patrice-1201
05-18-2017, 08:55 PM
But it doesn't make sense to let people work towards something that costs an exorbitant amount of Iron Coins when it would take then just a few weeks longer to get it with fragments for far less Iron Coins. I feel like that that point the direct purchase of the Eternity Soul would be a rip off for most people. Hell, within 4 weeks we're going to have plenty of people who'll have gotten enough fragments to get an Eternity Soul from the Fragments feature... if you're competing so hard to get 20k Iron Coins over 2-4 weeks, you'll have gotten enough Eternity Soul Fragments from division placement that you definitely should be saving for getting an Eternity Soul from fragments instead of buying the soul outright for Iron Coins.

Definitely something to consider, but we want to do fragment events based around other features and other characters first (existing and yet-to-be released). Gotta mix things up a little!

yes but then it becomes a choice ;-)

DaveMurray
05-18-2017, 08:57 PM

Cheers
gmac

That could be a solution along with many others that were suggested but it's already too late.
Clearly they wanted to give those toons to only a very few people and the rest of us hope to have them as troopers so that we can use them and be thankful.
Anyway it's over now, everyone has it's opinion about this and can act accordingly.

gmac
05-18-2017, 09:04 PM
That could be a solution along with many others that were suggested but it's already too late.
Clearly they wanted to give those toons to only a very few people and the rest of us hope to have them as troopers so that we can use them and be thankful.
Anyway it's over now, everyone has it's opinion about this and can act accordingly.

Maybe if they decide to do it next week would be ok timing. It's taking too long for another event like that anyways...

Bradata
05-18-2017, 09:11 PM

Exactly my point, now the "fortunate" few of us as people call us are 20,000 coins less and in 4 weeks most of the "unfortunate" ones will have Eternity Souls for 10 times less than what we paid... where is the fairness now! I want my coins back :rolleyes: