PDA

View Full Version : Easy AI improvement: preferedded attack

abbadon
05-17-2017, 12:40 AM
The biggest problem with the defence in PvP is the AI being so so stupid with most characters. It would be great to 'tick' a preferred attack that the character would do first if possible then return to the current dumb AI. Also, to select a preferred character order, such as Eddie always goes first if possible. Seems like it should be fairly easy to program and would make a big difference.

Grim
05-18-2017, 08:31 AM
I don't think that letting go Eddie as first would be a smart move. There are many situation where toons are a way better choiche: warrior and assassin newborn of light can erase any shield and many other buff, Corupt General lower the MR by 70%, and so on. Since many Eddies can deal massive damage It doesn't pay off to let them attack first if the enemy has still a sturdy defence.
The real issue here is the way the ability are used (or not). In automatic mode and during Defence Grim Reaper Eddie NEVER use cleave which deals heavy hits and can stop healing, yet the AI overlooks such a crippling ability! Sentinel Harpy instead uses often soar (remove negative effects, grants immunity to the target, 35% of extra turn) first thing first in a match, no matter what, and it's totally absurd if you have the very first move! Sentinel harpy is a very powerful character when fully sharded, with a good team you can easily blow to kingdom come a full party but no, the AI must cast soar with no exceptions and that is awfully moronic. The AI can't read the setting of the match thus leading to crappy battle strategies. The AI must not be perfect otherwise all the player would just play in automatic mode and winning against a stronger team completely impossible but some improvements are necessary.

slauki
05-18-2017, 08:49 AM
i think it would be enough for the first instance to let us set the order of attacks i belive lime slot 1 first slot 2 2nd and so on. this would help us a lot already.

everything else could be too complex i belive, like "use take when >3 buffs on enemies"
some pc games allow thius, but they are much more complex than a mobile game can be

maybe some other basic stuff like forcus attacks on one character would be fine too...

hold
05-18-2017, 08:55 AM
i thinks it would be enough for the first instance to let us set the order of attacks i belive lime slot 1 first slot 2 2nd and so on. this would help us a lot already.

everything else could be too complex i belive, like "use take when >3 buffs on enemies"
some pc games allow thius, but they are much more complex than a mobile game can be

maybe some other basic stuff like forcus attacks on one character would be fine too...

It would already help a lot if you could "forbid" skills. You just tick the ones your char shall not use. Best example is the SSD - he is obsessed casting his buffs whenever possible. I never ever need it and I benched him off PvE because this behaviour.

abbadon
05-18-2017, 10:32 AM
Agreed. Being able to select a preferred move or disable actions (unless there is a some effect preventing or forcing) would greatly improve AI. I personally would
love to have my soldier cast roulette every turn, then use his fury when ready, but I get the complicated programming and limited resources so I would settle on roulette preferred.

The preference attack order would be second. In my case I like him to cast roulette first, then others based on the enemy, but I understand this is complicated, so maybe just a preferred attack and preferred first character would be reasonable. Someone else might have theoir their Eddie go last, or another character first, but there should be some easy improvements here.

blade685
05-18-2017, 11:29 AM
many defense teams are invincible for many players and you want to improve ai? :eek:

Tritium
05-18-2017, 05:59 PM
many defense teams are invincible for many players and you want to improve ai? :eek:

Which ones? I haven't found this to be the case at all. Every defense can be broken, it's just that some of them are tougher to beat when you lose the coin flip.

Nicko
05-19-2017, 01:40 AM
Which ones? I haven't found this to be the case at all. Every defense can be broken, it's just that some of them are tougher to beat when you lose the coin flip.

Ummm...mine. Yeah - that's it - invincible.

So you'd be a fool to attack me. Why attack the invincible team?

Yup - best not to attack me ;)

Tritium
05-19-2017, 03:11 AM

Hahaha, thanks for the chuckle. :p

abbadon
05-19-2017, 07:06 AM
I still disappointed PvP is PvAIP, always expected to eventually sign on and see a list of players online and being to play in real time against another person defending real time

Grim
05-19-2017, 08:24 AM

ok, now I am curious, I want to see with my own eyes (too bad I am hopelessly far from the highest part of the ranking).