PDA

View Full Version : PVP after May 16th update

FallenAngel666
05-17-2017, 04:07 PM
I am very curous about the impressions of the other pklayers. I find something goo and something bad in the new asset of the arena
First of all the score system changed. Finally the player with a higher rank are a little bit less damaged by the loss in defense as I noticed the score you earn/loose is not the same as it used to be, and this is a very good aspect.
I noticed that also the " challenges system" changed.
I saw the numbero of received attacks is now out of control as it used to be at the beginning, that on my opinion makes arena be a little bit of unplayable.

I van make my example...I stayed out of the arena for like 40 mins and I ca,e back to 13 attacks.
I got attacked 177 times since the last reset, more than 100 today.
Numbers talk.
That made me decide not to run for the Eternal this week, and probably for the next few ones.

Did any of you notice that?
Do you have different opinions? or stats?
I am curious to hear from you all aren warriors :)

blade685
05-17-2017, 04:28 PM
like before for me i lose vs 2000+ players and stop to play pvp after that because i never loot the op toons for pvp

Killhouse
05-17-2017, 04:32 PM
I am very curous about the impressions of the other pklayers. I find something goo and something bad in the new asset of the arena
First of all the score system changed. Finally the player with a higher rank are a little bit less damaged by the loss in defense as I noticed the score you earn/loose is not the same as it used to be, and this is a very good aspect.
I saw the numbero of received attacks is now out of control as it used to be at the beginning, that on my opinion makes arena be a little bit of unplayable.

I van make my example...I stayed out of the arena for like 40 mins and I ca,e back to 13 attacks.
Numbers talk.
That made me decide not to run for the Eternal this week, and probably for the next few ones.

You've had 100 against you since the update yesterday? How is your ratio? Mines caught up a big but I don't think I've had that many that fast since the update they added the 1:1 logic.

FallenAngel666
05-17-2017, 05:03 PM
You've had 100 against you since the update yesterday? How is your ratio? Mines caught up a big but I don't think I've had that many that fast since the update they added the 1:1 logic.

I made like 5 attacks in the last 12 hrs and got back like 70....not exacly a 1:1 ratio.....anyways attack made 251
attacks received 181 actually
My defence started with an awesome 36% I piushed a little to test it becfore deciding if to run or not.....it got complimented fotr it's solidity by few players...now dropped to 20% and it keeps decreasing.
I read the same names 10 times + every day on my skillboard......
maybe it is just a bad cohincidence for me....
Even though i have to say that yesterday i attacked much and today i am paying for it....

FallenAngel666
05-17-2017, 05:22 PM
like before for me i lose vs 2000+ players and stop to play pvp after that because i never loot the op toons for pvp

I understand what you mean and I heard about many players frustrated by that at the point to leave the game...or at least the PVP part

gmac
05-17-2017, 05:26 PM
I think matchmaking is broken.

Not even close to 1:1 ratio. What I understood from notes were changes were only to point system, not to the ratio.

Mine is 130/98

Started attacking after the update and then realized something was wrong and stopped. Hope to hear from devs on this.

Also, game feels slower, loading times are horrible, and this new 3x is slower than the old 2x.

I'll read other posts now

Jofer16
05-17-2017, 05:44 PM
Same here. Was cautiously optimistic last night and decided to play a bit, perpetual disappointment strikes again.

Still the same broke, anti-fun system, possibly even worse now with even more bugs. Not sure why I expect anything else anymore.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Getting close to putting this game down, broke PvP system, dev team that has no concept of QA/testing, and major meta changes at way too high of a frequency to welcome any sort of character investment. I'm just confused as to how this can keep happening. If it were me I would have started firing people by now haha

Monte47
05-17-2017, 05:53 PM
I've only been attacked twice since the update, Both were revenges.

Defenses seem over all strengthened. Grim Reaper seems tougher, tho I didn't see him or the Nomad on the list, and my Nomad seems weaker.

I only experienced errors when testing defense. The Prisoner bug occurred, but it does seem choppy to load and finish. My arena is always a glitch from crashing, but that may be my phone.

FallenAngel666
05-17-2017, 05:58 PM

Not even close to 1:1 ratio. What I understood from notes were changes were only to point system, not to the ratio.

Mine is 130/98

Started attacking after the update and then realized something was wrong and stopped. Hope to hear from devs on this.

Also, game feels slower, loading times are horrible, and this new 3x is slower than the old 2x.

I'll read other posts now

I agree with your words.....one by one! Nothing else to add. today i made maybe 5 matches in Arena as playing is totally demotivationg....but still the attacks on me are going on and on again

FallenAngel666
05-17-2017, 06:01 PM
Same here. Was cautiously optimistic last night and decided to play a bit, perpetual disappointment strikes again.

Still the same broke, anti-fun system, possibly even worse now with even more bugs. Not sure why I expect anything else anymore.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Getting close to putting this game down, broke PvP system, dev team that has no concept of QA/testing, and major meta changes at way too high of a frequency to welcome any sort of character investment. I'm just confused as to how this can keep happening. If it were me I would have started firing people by now haha

Well....I was not yet in the forum because of a issue with an email account but, after the " shaman Eddie update" I put down the game for over a week
Then I came back because I am too much of a collectionist and a Maiden fan, but ....playing PvP is always more demotivating I spend my time farming again and again....building up characters and waiting 4 new ones for complweting or improving my collection
I think this is the only fun pčart remained in a game......PVP is totally broken and unfunny

hold
05-17-2017, 06:09 PM

I think you might be right. My ratio is also nowhere near 1:1 ... maybe I pay later in the week for it - too early to say.

Bradata
05-17-2017, 06:29 PM
I thought that only I felt disappointed of the recent updates but now I see a lot of us are. Every time I say to myself that that's the end of me playing the game the RNG throws at me some new and cool character so I stay and play again till the next disappointing update.

Killhouse
05-17-2017, 06:32 PM
Agreed, I mentioned in the weekly thread that numbers seemed off. I'm still getting hit lots and am up to 200 total defense but am not at 1:1.

Seeing the same things as you've reported about the speed, bugs and matchmaking issues.

Askora
05-17-2017, 06:40 PM
Until the update, my ratio stayed close to 1:1. Now, the only attacks I've seen are revenges. I'm sure it'll cost me rank for choosing to actually play pvp, as the invisibility will probably vanish at some point. Not that it matters, since with a 90% attack, almost 15% defense it is impossible to gain a tier by the reset. Then you're just nerfed back to the same point to start over. One battle equates to roughly 1-2 points towards rank when it's all said and done.

Tridimensionale
05-17-2017, 09:32 PM
Logged in arena.. i have 10+ new attacks that i can t revenge !?? funny.. another bug or i missed some new rule on revenge ?:confused:

Monte47
05-17-2017, 10:06 PM
Arena is just a black box for me now. No content loads.

Enti
05-17-2017, 10:45 PM
I personally did not encounter much of the bugs, but reading everything through it is heeeeell
Also, I feel I'm getting somewhat less attacks (as per ratio) than previously, but it is really insignificant, i.e. ~5 attacks less than what I was expecting

What a shame. VE finally got what he deserved only to be made redundant again within one month. Plus we have the Wrath as the new VE on steroids

Arena is just 'meh' for me now and I dunno how much longer I'll be here in the game. Problem is this would/could be a marvelous game and Iron Maiden is my life

We are being promised with lots and lots of new things, but not really receiving anything. Fragments are good though, some medium-term goals for the time being. This keeps many busy and hopeful but in reality we haven't seen much to come yet.
But what about BNW? Night City? The great thing coming in arena (is that the fragment)? And similar in sacrifice? And the kinda epic bosses to tackle? The extra daily or dunno what challenges (maybe that’s the tweaked secret locations)?

Promises, promises, promises and nothing or few delivered.
Sparton, Kaz, and all others from dev team, if you are reading this, please don’t get me wrong, I do appreciate the hard work you put to the game as on the group portrait it is obvious that as small a team as yours will be working day and night to get everything done, but the game is slowly celebrating its global launch birthday, and not a single day passed without bugs. Thanks for being communicative as well, an important feedback for us users. You could just read through all this crap we are writing and then post the announcements only, but you chose to endure both the love and the hate and to be helpful on certain not clear-cut aspects. I still have hope in this game to be one of the best out there, but there’s a long road ahead…

mjmxiii
05-18-2017, 01:26 AM
Been trying to play PvP more for the Eternal soul.. it's just not fun.. I win usually but still very bugged, very disappointing

Tritium
05-18-2017, 01:59 AM
Been trying to play PvP more for the Eternal soul.. it's just not fun.. I win usually but still very bugged, very disappointing

Oh wow man, that's quite a goal to pursue! How far are you in to achieving it?

mjmxiii
05-18-2017, 02:17 AM
Oh wow man, that's quite a goal to pursue! How far are you in to achieving it?

Day 2? ...LMAO! 😂

Got 20 fragments and 400 iron coins... 4 matches deep today... in it to win it lol... thanks dude I needed a good laugh today

Tritium
05-18-2017, 04:03 AM
Day 2? ...LMAO! 😂

Got 20 fragments and 400 iron coins... 4 matches deep today... in it to win it lol... thanks dude I needed a good laugh today

Hahaha man, so you've got what, like 30-60 days left? :p;)

Grim
05-18-2017, 08:42 AM
It has been awful, I have witnessed a series of bugs with no precedents.
Enemies' ability triggering with no conditions met, Two fight didn't start AT ALL (I was teleported to the first level of the hailing kingdom and the game crashed soon after) and were considered as losses with wasted SoW and decreased points, characters with mismatched speed, and a frame rate staggering as never before.
Also It seems I run out of luck since I barely have the initiative in every fight, but this is another issues :(

FallenAngel666
05-18-2017, 10:18 AM
Logged in arena.. i have 10+ new attacks that i can t revenge !?? funny.. another bug or i missed some new rule on revenge ?:confused:
You deve totalitą 20 revenges each day. After That you can't revenge anymore

FallenAngel666
05-18-2017, 10:20 AM
Every time I say to myself that that's the end of me playing the game the RNG throws at me some new and cool character so I stay and play again till the next disappointing update.

That is very close to the way I feel collectionism keeps me in....and friends

Jofer16
05-18-2017, 10:48 AM
Well....I was not yet in the forum because of a issue with an email account but, after the " shaman Eddie update" I put down the game for over a week
Then I came back because I am too much of a collectionist and a Maiden fan, but ....playing PvP is always more demotivating I spend my time farming again and again....building up characters and waiting 4 new ones for complweting or improving my collection
I think this is the only fun pčart remained in a game......PVP is totally broken and unfunny

Yeah this is probably the way to go for now, just do some farming and collect toons you don't have. Still a few out there I'd like to get my hands on.

zdm-1083
05-18-2017, 10:55 AM
Got the "good" old IC wrong count.
Attack list announces that I should get 15 but I only get 13...

Did you encounter the same?

DaveMurray
05-18-2017, 11:14 AM

Numbers talk.

Attacks made and received are kept even after weekly reset. If the previous week your ratio was 0.7 due to Saturday rush after reset you are getting attacked even if you don't attack.

I feel exactly the same. There is no way to obtain OP toons at the moment with the current drop rates so there is no way no matter how much you play/try to obtain a decent rank. On top of that no Eternity soul for everyone!

This is happening all the time, if f.e. you have over 2500 points but you are ranked 40 it shows +15 but actually you'll earn the IC that are rewarded in Warlord 1.

blade685
05-18-2017, 11:36 AM
i stop pvp it's a big joke since update i lose 50% battles and don't find a solution to win and game perhaps soon fucking updates :mad:
Totally no fun in that game now and all new function are shit
Good luck to new players to win in pvp :rolleyes:

Jofer16
05-18-2017, 11:41 AM

I've never paid any attention to IC so not sure. Always had more than enough from grinding so much the first couple months. Up until recently I was around 100,000 lol

PerthEddie
05-18-2017, 12:14 PM

Am I missing something here? Where have you got 20 Eternal Soul fragments from? I thought you could only buy 2 per week from the Arena store?

Aristo4
05-18-2017, 12:17 PM
Am I missing something here? Where have you got 20 Eternal Soul fragments from? I thought you could only buy 2 per week from the Arena store?

two 10-packs :)

90mphyorker
05-18-2017, 12:18 PM
I'm the highest I've ever been ranked so whatever change they've made seem to be working for ne!

PerthEddie
05-18-2017, 01:14 PM
two 10-packs :)

Well don't I feel like a complete arse now!!! I didn't realise they were 10 packs. I thought they were single fragments. D'oh :p

DaveMurray
05-18-2017, 01:21 PM
After many battles and a lot defence testing i think that counter talis proc rate is about 10-15%.
Am i once again unlucky or anyone else has the same feeling?

Enti
05-18-2017, 01:49 PM
After many battles and a lot defence testing i think that counter talis proc rate is about 10-15%.

Except for enemy MCR... whenever she steals counter tali effect, then I try to steal it back, she immediately counters and retains that buff only for herself xD Happens everytime for me rofl

zdm-1083
05-18-2017, 03:46 PM
This is happening all the time, if f.e. you have over 2500 points but you are ranked 40 it shows +15 but actually you'll earn the IC that are rewarded in Warlord 1.

Ah, ok.
Never know, thanks :)

I've never paid any attention to IC so not sure. Always had more than enough from grinding so much the first couple months. Up until recently I was around 100,000 lol

:o
In the meantime due to your investment in time/ironite/(money) that did not surprised me ^^
On my side, I just try to gain 2k by week to pay my Skill shard + 3 Souls + 2 talismans.
Now I need a 500 more to buy these fragments. -_-

But as next week I will have 4 set of Counter I could stop buying them.

Moreover end of month is coming I need to go for 1,5k + 2,5k XD

diff 13 to 15 IC, it is additional 20/30 games to do to reach 2500 IC...

Tritium
05-18-2017, 06:45 PM
Except for enemy MCR... whenever she steals counter tali effect, then I try to steal it back, she immediately counters and retains that buff only for herself xD Happens everytime for me rofl

Yeah, this scenario is both hilarious and annoying when it happens. I've been lucky enough to not play MCR buff stealing ping-pong the last few battles I played.

Monte47
05-19-2017, 02:26 AM
The GCR doesn't seem to be losing any health when reviving toons.

Tritium
05-19-2017, 03:12 AM
The GCR doesn't seem to be losing any health when reviving toons.

Is that when she doesn't have her titan shield up? When it's up, it gets damaged instead of her health.

MrFreeze
05-19-2017, 12:41 PM
Is it just me or is pvp really active this week. I just worked my way back up to around 150-200 this morning, only to be knocked back to below 300 ten minutes later. And that's with only 2 revenges, and one was a hold! People must be going crazy trying to reach that 20000 or something. Guess I'm shooting for top 500 this week.

FallenAngel666
05-19-2017, 03:46 PM
i is difficult to keep a defense rate high as all the defenses seem alike.....the new aast of arena brought all the teams to globalize and be similar.I guess nobody has very high defense percentages, mostly on top. I am a little above but I did much be4 the last update

Askora
05-19-2017, 03:51 PM
i is difficult to keep a defense rate high as all the defenses seem alike.....the new aast of arena brought all the teams to globalize and be similar.I guess nobody has very high defense percentages, mostly on top. I am a little above but I did much be4 the last update

Defense is definitely the biggest problem. My defense is currently running about 10%. Of course, the more I climb, the worse it gets. It's more or less a 'B' team defense. I have some ideas for a better defense (the toons as well). But, I'm not really enthused about facing all the counterstrike teams the higher you climb. At a certain point, it becomes less about strategy and more about luck.

Thedarkness
05-19-2017, 04:46 PM
Ive been in the top 100 all week by attacking only people above me but dont have a single hold since the update. I have to get very unlucky to lose, but certain characters are a bitch when the rng decides to trigger every effect every time.

Tritium
05-19-2017, 04:51 PM
Defense is definitely the biggest problem. My defense is currently running about 10%. Of course, the more I climb, the worse it gets. It's more or less a 'B' team defense. I have some ideas for a better defense (the toons as well). But, I'm not really enthused about facing all the counterstrike teams the higher you climb. At a certain point, it becomes less about strategy and more about luck.

I've actually had my hold rate increase with the latest update (probably because it fixed some major bugs with stealing beneficial effects and whatnot). Although, I'd be curious to know how many "holds" are actually due to players experiencing crashes and the like.

Thedarkness
05-20-2017, 02:22 PM
Just faced wrath. No contest. Why dont these guys realize that they're breaking the game with every update?

Killhouse
05-20-2017, 03:16 PM
I've actually had my hold rate increase with the latest update (probably because it fixed some major bugs with stealing beneficial effects and whatnot). Although, I'd be curious to know how many "holds" are actually due to players experiencing crashes and the like.

You had a bug-less hold me on one yesterday!

Good work!

Tritium
05-20-2017, 05:38 PM
You had a bug-less hold me on one yesterday!

Good work!

Haha, awesome man. I'd love to hear any feedback you might have on how that went, so I can tailor my defense to be as good as possible! :)

Killhouse
05-20-2017, 05:52 PM
Haha, awesome man. I'd love to hear any feedback you might have on how that went, so I can tailor my defense to be as good as possible! :)

Honestly, can't recall it specifically. Too many this week!

I can see why a common strategy is to favor speed and rush on Saturday...

Tritium
05-20-2017, 05:59 PM
Honestly, can't recall it specifically. Too many this week!

I can see why a common strategy is to favor speed and rush on Saturday...

Haha man, no worries. Keep on going for Eternal! It'll be awesome to see you finally nab the title after your consistency with being at the top for so many weeks. ;)