PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter to Nodding Frog and Forum Members

Patrice-1201
05-18-2017, 03:59 PM
Dear all,

I feel compelled to expose my feelings on the journey that we have been on together and the recent development following the update.

As a start, I want to say thank you to the community around LOTB as it has become more than a game for many of us and brings us a little bit closer to our favorite band 😉 I also want to say thank you to Nodding Frog for being so open to discussions and sharing so much with us. We are not always easy to deal with, we push hard because an update is one day past our expectations and as soon as we get it, we criticise and suggest they should spend more time testing… Interesting, are we never going to be satisfied?

With that said, I must admit that I was extremely shocked by the extortionous price put on the Eternal Soul as a "Thank You”to a selected few that the system is currently pushing up creating an ever growing divide between players. Some were lucky to be part of the PVP beta and had not only gained experience but also souls, skill shards, iron coins that helped them stay at the top and forbid the rest of us from ever achieving. A real thank you should have been addressed to all of us here in the forums by setting a much more reasonable price (between 5k and 10k Iron Coins i guess). It will take so long to get the remaining 3 souls anyhow…

I also wonder how much Trooper Points they will charge for Trooper Eddie… (25k, 50k…)

I am really puzzled and hope that someone will address this and make it right.

But I also feel that we should also make it right and stop insulting the enormous amount of efforts and time spent by the devs to share with us and deliver. I run a software company I know how much work that is!

Sorry for the heartfelt post but I had to let it out…

Up the Irons \m/

Patrice-1201

kkkreg5
05-18-2017, 04:28 PM
Patrice, IMO, because the Enternal was set for a limited time, I was not going to be able to purchase a soul that was way too high priced so that was no concern to me. Those that saved their pennies where rewarded. I have no problem there. Making the fragments only available in PVP is disappointing. I do not care for PVP and only play it as a necessity. But, again, the game is designed so that the developers survive. I have no problem here either.

Maybe they can throw us "have nots" a bone every once in a while though...

Nekroliun
05-18-2017, 05:07 PM
Totally agree! The forums was the reason i really wanted to come back to the game. The family i've made here is one that i cannot leave without regret. Ive seen some faces go, and some faces come, but this place is still one of the best ways i could find to waste time, heck! I spend more time here than i actually play the game!

And about the eternity soul, i see it as a way for rewarding those who supported the devs by purchasing and stuff like that, and for those hardcore no-lifers who spend 23 hours a day playing.

I was personally in the pvp beta (i keep telling myself that i was put in it cuz im special) and imo, it wasnt all that fun, so i didnt really play. And i, still to this day, dont play much pvp, its fun right now, but without a good team, i stand no chance. But now ill make sure i play alot, so i can get that eternity soul, i will 100% do it cuz i spent a shit ton of time spending my 64 sands of war (tells you how much i play pvp)

Btw, as much as the eternity soul is "cool and badass", it's chars will probably still be weaker than some 4* and 4* toons (like AoF, CG, Nomad, Troll, etc...). Yea, they will be powerful af, but you will still be able to beat them.

Unless some fucker makes a team out of a Clairvoyant, a gunner rescuer, pharoah water spirit and GR, bullshit infinite revive team!

slauki
05-18-2017, 05:08 PM
man partice i get you...some of us spend hours of hours betatesting and posting for on the forums to make the game better...went through every bug with the intention to help the devs to get the things together. well no thank you for us because we have no 20k coins? this is a big insult for many of us i think-
i know the intentions were good, but rewarding 1% of the players and exclude 99% is a bad idea, you don't have to be a genius to forsee that. unlock souls or skillshards if you want to make people spend their coins or make another special deal...

OTOH it won't take too long to get first eternals, i like the system a lot. if we manage top 50 every week and buy fragments it will take 3 weeks to claim an eternal, that is very fair, we have to admit that too. but this "big thank you" for the 1% of the player is not very savvy, it makes me wanna puke...

Nekroliun
05-18-2017, 05:13 PM
man partice i get you...some of us spend hours of hours betatesting and posting for on the forums to make the game better...went through every bug with the intention to help the devs to get the things together. well no thank you for us because we have no 20k coins? this is a big insult for many of us i think-
i know the intentions were good, but rewarding 1% of the players and exclude 99% is a bad idea, you don't have to be a genius to forsee that. unlock souls or skillshards if you want to make people spend their coins or make another special deal...

OTOH it won't take too long to get first eternals, i like the system a lot. if we manage top 50 every week and buy fragments it will take 3 weeks to claim an eternal, that is very fair, we have to admit that too. but this "big thank you" for the 1% of the player is not very savvy, it makes me wanna puke...

I think u made a mistake. Im sure u meant "rewarding 0.01% of the players and excluding 99.99% is a bad idea".

u kno what they should do? They should make eternity fragments dropable from skull quests as rare drops, make them available by trooper points and increase the 2 purchases a week for a limited time event (or smth like that)

slauki
05-18-2017, 05:25 PM
I think u made a mistake. Im sure u meant "rewarding 0.01% of the players and excluding 99.99% is a bad idea".

u kno what they should do? They should make eternity fragments dropable from skull quests as rare drops, make them available by trooper points and increase the 2 purchases a week for a limited time event (or smth like that)

actually you are right dear nekro, 0,01 is prolly more accurate than 1.

lets assume 20 people can buy an eternal with 5k regular pvp players in the last weeks and monthe = 0,4% it's a shame ;)

hold
05-18-2017, 05:38 PM
actually you are right dear nekro, 0,01 is prolly more accurate than 1.

lets assume 20 people can buy an eternal with 5k regular pvp players in the last weeks and monthe = 0,4% it's a shame ;)

I am more insulted by the horrible drop rates and the horrible RNG opening souls tbh. At least those eternal souls I can calculate when I will get one so I have a goal.

Fine - some people have new chars ... whatever.

I am in a very lucky position that I have quite a competitive roster (probably until the next nerf hammer strikes). But I feel for everyone who is caught in the RNG trap.

I put on average 5 Euro a month into the game until now. That is what I would spend on other mobile games as well. But I stop now and only use my free stuff until RNG changes, the QA quality improves and the big nerfs stop. I put too much effort in to stop but it is almost a year now and we are still waiting for one smooth update, for an easier way to play all troopers and for better RNG. These all aren't things that just popped up the last 2 weeks.

Long story short: for the time being no more money from my side - even it isn#t that much but it adds up.

Dank Brew
05-18-2017, 05:43 PM
Unless some fucker makes a team out of a Clairvoyant, a gunner rescuer, pharoah water spirit and GR, bullshit infinite revive team!

I now have a life goal. LOL

mjmxiii
05-18-2017, 07:00 PM
Even though Eternals have the best drop rate in the game, I'm still glad I haven't invested cash money into ironite for the arena lol ...makes sense they would only let players that have spent a bunch of money on PvP (and played an insane amount of matches) have the advantage of spending excess iron coins on those chars.

I just hope that the next Eternal toon isn't Trooper Eddie! He should be the one char that you purchase with trooper badges.. 150 billion trooper badges lol!

Dank Brew
05-18-2017, 07:36 PM
150 billion?! Please delete that comment! Before they take it to heart!!!
Trooper eddie is my main goal of the whole game. I have had trooper eddie tattooed on my leg since I was 19

kkkreg5
05-18-2017, 07:40 PM
200 billion it is!! Lol!!

Dank Brew
05-18-2017, 07:46 PM
:'(
lol whyyyyy

mjmxiii
05-18-2017, 07:48 PM
😆 LMAO! Needed that one lol... well you know it would be some insane extortionate highway robbery if they did.... plus it is fitting since it seems like Dr. Evil runs NF haha! Whole bag of shtt right here for you lol

mjmxiii
05-18-2017, 07:57 PM
150 billion?! Please delete that comment! Before they take it to heart!!!
Trooper eddie is my main goal of the whole game. I have had trooper eddie tattooed on my leg since I was 19

Still laughing lol....

It's Killers Eddie for me dude, had him tattooed on my shoulder since the day before my birth haha

Nekroliun
05-18-2017, 08:30 PM
They will release it for 150 billion...

BUT trooper badges would now be purchasable for 20$ each 5000 badges!

And ofc trooper would be op af, im talking shit like:

Basic ability: hit with flag, kills all enemies.

So yea, if best char is op af and can be technically be purchased with real money! Profit!

Thedarkness
05-18-2017, 08:45 PM
Fury: throws (F'n) Visions Eddie and a cow toward other team, stuns whole team for four turns, Visions Eddie for five turns, and you can purchase some delicious stunned milk for $20, Trooper Eddie waves his flag for 100% damage.

osiris0000
05-18-2017, 10:27 PM
Basic ability: hit with flag, kills all enemies.

Fury: throws (F'n) Visions Eddie and a cow toward other team, stuns whole team for four turns, Visions Eddie for five turns, and you can purchase some delicious stunned milk for $20, Trooper Eddie waves his flag for 100% damage.

Passive ability : Chuck Norris

Simply put him to the Eddie rooster, kill all enemies.

PVP defence : Attacker gets defeated rightaway when taps the battle button against you.

Nekroliun
05-18-2017, 10:35 PM
PVP defence : Attacker gets defeated rightaway when taps the battle button against you.

Dude. Im ded, lol. U cant just make a line that good! U just killed me. U proud of that?

Tritium
05-18-2017, 11:07 PM
Dude. Im ded, lol. U cant just make a line that good! U just killed me.

Oh shit, is Nekro okay? We may need to send an ambulance if he's not already dead!

Nekroliun
05-18-2017, 11:13 PM
Oh shit, is Nekro okay? We may need to send an ambulance if he's not already dead!

Dat line was too golden. Too late mothafuckas.

Thedarkness
05-18-2017, 11:57 PM
Passive ability : Chuck Norris

Simply put him to the Eddie rooster, kill all enemies.

I get defeated a lot by just tapping the battle button and the game freezes, lol

Nekroliun
05-19-2017, 12:05 AM
Its good to see an appreciation post turn into a shitpost!

Silentknight
05-19-2017, 12:07 AM
I get defeated a lot by just tapping the battle button and the game freezes, lol

5 mid match game freezes/day in PvE, LoL X. Sry troopers! Plus MACLO,PVET? among others!!!

Jofer16
05-19-2017, 12:16 AM
5 mid match game freezes/day in PvE, LoL X. Sry troopers! Plus MACLO,PVET? among others!!!

I got a ton of these pre reset yesterday, only pve'd for secrets today out of annoyance. Will try all 50 again tonight most likely. Frustrating.

Silentknight
05-19-2017, 12:18 AM
I got a ton of these pre reset yesterday, only pve'd for secrets today out of annoyance. Will try all 50 again tonight most likely. Frustrating.

Yeah man! If I wasn't playin at work I'd be pissed! LMAO! Been way too busy....didn't even try Clairvoyant til 4am this morning

Jofer16
05-19-2017, 12:55 AM
Its good to see an appreciation post turn into a shitpost!

You guys sure keep this place fun/entertaining haha

Thedarkness
05-19-2017, 02:32 AM
By the way, I'm a psychic. I said Jofer and Nicko were gonna get Eternity Eddie and BAM, theyre the only ones who got the fucker. Maybe I'm the one.

Jofer16
05-19-2017, 02:35 AM
By the way, I'm a psychic. I said Jofer and Nicko were gonna get Eternity Eddie and BAM, theyre the only ones who got the fucker. Maybe I'm the one.

Lady Luck is a good friend of ours :)

scott-5496
05-19-2017, 09:38 AM
Must admit I am starting to lose interest a bit - the whole thing is a grind. I have zero luck in month on RNG for souls. PVP has some entertainment but even then I am not that bothered anymore when I lose - I don't play auto on PVP but I am almost getting the that stage as I sleep my way through battles. Shame as to be honest there is a good game in there but the way it is now I am not sure I will bother fighting through PVP to keep in the top 25 - I didn't play for a couple of days at the beginning of the week sop doubtful I will get top 25 this week.

My defence is also getting slaughtered this week - not sure why but I cant even be bothered trying to work out a strategy to fix it (if I could of course) I just randomly chuck in a new toon ever now and then.

I did see a great promo for the game at the Glasgow Gig this week which was cool so I am hoping that there is a massive influx of new people over the coming tour - that might help to swell the coffers a bit and get the dev team more money to try to get us old timers some new content - some real new content not the rehash we have just had - don't get me started on new characters either! My RNG is so bad I just do not want to even try to get anything new.

Sorry another down beat post on what should be a more positive thread - the devs are trying but to be honest I just struggle to see the light at the end of the development tunnel. I really do hope the incoming BNW will pick me up and the game too - I really think it needs it as the weekly PVP grind for a skill shard and some ironite is just not really doing it for me much anymore.....

To be clear I think all the people who had the iron coins deserve a reward for the new toons - 100% they are the ones who choose to devote time and money to the game that keeps it alive for the rest of us and to be fair to them they are the ones who should have the best rosters. Mine has not changed much in months and any changes have been benched in PVP as they are not great or have had a try out in PVE where they can help because there is no challenge in PVE - it is a 3x auto grind every time. LOL has some challenge left but not worth my time doing that as I do not have any characters worth upgrading due to the RNG.....a circle of bad luck and apathy at the moment for me but I am sire others are in the same boat.

Hoping some of you guys get to catch Maiden on the current tour as they were superb! It was also nice to give them £25 for a t-shirt and £5 for a beer towel - see how that works - spend money get something of value back.......! OK I will stop now - there is no RNG in a commercial sale...oh wait......nooooooo stoppppppppp!

I need to listen to some Maiden now to chill me out - had a day of Chris Cornell tunes yesterday - that was indeed a sad day for rock music.

UP THE IRONS \m/

blackbolt
05-19-2017, 08:26 PM
About the all "thanking players" thing, I don't think it's the real purpose...it came up to me that maybe it's just a subtle way to make some hardcore players burn their stockpiles of iron coins (from beta or skill or whatever reason). Because of that stockpiles they can afford, just a random example, to buy a full strike talisman set every week for four weeks and make a full counter team that can be a little unbalanced... Or shield and immunity talismans for all the toons...etc etc etc...I think that is a way to bring a little balance in pvp in a way that satisfies everyone...

Hammerhil
05-25-2017, 05:37 PM
I started playing in March so I'm not an oldtimer to the game. That said, I'm not a stranger to grindy games. Never play a Korean MMO...

I don't really have a problem with the eternals and the 20k buy for longtime players EXCEPT that it rewards the strong by making them stronger. I hope that this changes once other people get eternals, but PVP will be harder at the higher levels for those who don't have them, making coin earnings tougher. I know that I am not in a position to earn one and I'm not likely to get one for some time, but I am ok with that.

I've got 3 problems with the game as it is now. First, it is almost impossible to farm what you want. I get that the good stuff should be rare, but given the massive amount of skill shards needed for improvement of toons and teams there should be a better drop rate for them. I'm stuck deciding what to shard because I have so few of them. I've got Cyborg, GR, RTTH, Viking, and Shaman all unsharded because I can't decide what to spend the precious few shards I have on them. I have sharded AoF, Allied Commander, GCR, and SoL Eddie and that took a ton of time and resources. I have never had a skill shard drop from anything but a vortex, and I got the rest from trooper badges and Iron Coins. All the 5* Eddies I have I got from a vortex as well.

The other thing I have a problem with is RNG. I know that it's a common complaint, but hear me out. I managed to get 2 immortal souls out of the last event which wasn't as much as others, but given the small amount of Eddies I have I got 2 dupes. That was EXTREMELY annoying. I managed to sacrifice the souls I got and the dupe eddies, got a Legendary soul and I was rewarded with... a Rocket dog. There's a ton of toons I would love to tinker with but I'm just not getting them, even though I put in a couple hours a day into playing.

Lastly, the grind itself needs to be fixed. There are a lot of good but limited ways to earn souls and skill shards, but let's face it. The content of the game is lacking. 4 short worlds plus LoL isn't much. In fact, it's very little. I would be happier grinding if there was more to grind with. For a game based on 3-5 battles per quest there should be a lot more quests to do with more specific rewards. Like I said, I have been playing 3 months and I have done all the content probably 50x over. Seeing the blacked out Brave New World and Night City for the entire time I am playing is getting annoying since there's so little to develop compared to an MMO or other game. At this point I'd rather see more worlds and rewards spread among them than weekend events that make me play the same content OVER and OVER and OVER ad nauseam.

I still like the game, but the summer is coming and I will be getting busy. This game will be competing with a lot of other stuff for my time and if my interest is waning I will choose other games and activities over it. I'm sure I am not the only one.