PDA

View Full Version : Strike Talismans

druid138
05-19-2017, 05:55 AM
I don't have a character in mind for these, but I want to get them while I can. I have 1 Fierce and 1 Safeguard so far. I'm planning to get 1-3 more before they go away. It'd be nice to get 4 more (2 Fierce and 2 Safeguard) to have 2 sets, but I don't see that happening with the amount of Coins I earn and the extra 500 a week needed now for Eternal Fragments.

I'm trying to decide how many and which kind (Fierce vs. Safeguard) to get. Again, I don't have any specific character(s) in mind.

Any recommendations? Which characters are you using them on? In a generic sense, for the universe of characters for which they'd be useful, would Fierce or Safeguard be preferred? Thanks!

druid138-6195

Tritium
05-19-2017, 06:45 AM
Safeguard would generally be better since you'll likely be using these talis on a warrior character who could use the extra MR. Good toons to use these on would be Nomad, COTD, and other heavy hitters.

druid138
05-19-2017, 06:49 AM
Safeguard would generally be better since you'll likely be using these talis on a warrior character who could use the extra MR. Good toons to use these on would be Nomad, COTD, and other heavy hitters.

Thanks, man! Samurai?

druid138-6195

Tritium
05-19-2017, 07:27 AM
Yeah, they will work well on Samurai.

druid138
05-19-2017, 10:50 PM
Do these leave the Store tomorrow or a week from tomorrow? I was thinking it's a week from tomorrow. The News banner says "last two weeks," but I don't remember when that started.

druid138-6195

Tritium
05-19-2017, 10:53 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure. Sparton should be able to confirm that in the May update thread. I'll ask for you!

Tritium
05-19-2017, 11:45 PM
Sparton confirmed that the talismans will be leaving May 27th at 5pm (reset time).

druid138
05-19-2017, 11:51 PM
Sparton confirmed that the talismans will be leaving May 27th at 5pm (reset time).

Thanks, man!

druid138-6195

druid138
05-24-2017, 04:29 PM
I now have 2 Safeguard and 1 Fierce. With the Immortal Soul event, I'll probably only be able to afford 1 more at this point. While Safeguards generally make more sense, is there any reason I should consider getting a Fierce in this situation?

(I know they are 3-set Talismans. But, I'm thinking I'll still get the 1 more to have flexibility on the Safeguard-Fierce mix. Plus, it gets me closer to a second full set for when they become available via BNW.)

druid138-6195

Nine
05-24-2017, 04:58 PM
I now have 2 Safeguard and 1 Fierce. With the Immortal Soul event, I'll probably only be able to afford 1 more at this point. While Safeguards generally make more sense, is there any reason I should consider getting a Fierce in this situation?

(I know they are 3-set Talismans. But, I'm thinking I'll still get the 1 more to have flexibility on the Safeguard-Fierce mix. Plus, it gets me closer to a second full set for when they become available via BNW.)

druid138-6195

I would definitely go for the Safeguard one. If I had the opportunity I would equip a set of all Safeguard on toons like the Aof/Noad (if I had one) etc. since even in case you prefer an even ratio of DEF and MR it either evens out when you equipt 3 Green Overwhelming or you can equip a fourth red Talisman of your chosing.

Fierce can make more sense on some sentinels who are more vulnerable towards physical damage and or warriors. Harpy, SSD, Alliance General come to mind. But if you don't have a use for them in mind right now, I don't know if I would buy them.

I stand at 3 Fierce, 3 Safeguard at the moment and haven't bought one this week. If I get enough points for all three, maybe I buy the whole set, but it doesn't look like that at the moment. So similar to you I am thinking about buying just one to cut farming short. If I do that it will be Safeguard.

druid138
05-24-2017, 05:48 PM
I would definitely go for the Safeguard one. If I had the opportunity I would equip a set of all Safeguard on toons like the Aof/Noad (if I had one) etc. since even in case you prefer an even ratio of DEF and MR it either evens out when you equipt 3 Green Overwhelming or you can equip a fourth red Talisman of your chosing.

Fierce can make more sense on some sentinels who are more vulnerable towards physical damage and or warriors. Harpy, SSD, Alliance General come to mind. But if you don't have a use for them in mind right now, I don't know if I would buy them.

I stand at 3 Fierce, 3 Safeguard at the moment and haven't bought one this week. If I get enough points for all three, maybe I buy the whole set, but it doesn't look like that at the moment. So similar to you I am thinking about buying just one to cut farming short. If I do that it will be Safeguard.

Extremely helpful - thanks!

druid138-6195