PDA

View Full Version : Alien: Covenant

mjmxiii
05-20-2017, 12:09 AM
Saw this flick today, pretty cool. Right up there with the first two. Better than Prometheus and shows the origin of the Xenomorph. Must see for any sci-fi horror fans out there!

Edit: MAJOR FUCKING SPOILERS BELOW!! WATCH THAT SHIT FIRST!! :p

Coletrain
05-20-2017, 03:44 AM
Good to hear, trailers look great, was thinking about seeing it.

Nekroliun
05-20-2017, 04:05 AM
Ho ho! It sure does look great! But im too much of a wimp to watch it! Will prob need a couple of months to watch it! Same shit happened with the original alien, and some horror games that arent that scary (im looking at u res evil 4)

druid138
05-20-2017, 04:27 AM
Good to know! For some reason, I've never watched the Alien movies. I have no good reason for it. Based on everything else I've seen and liked, they are a no-brainer. But I've never done it.

I've been thinking recently about watching them all. I was inspired by this post (https://runesoup.com/2016/05/solving-prometheus-the-most-astrognostic-film-ever/) by Gordon White to watch Prometheus a few months ago, and I really liked it. Am I the only living person to have seen Prometheus but not any others in the series?

druid138-6195

blackbolt
05-20-2017, 06:26 AM
Good to know! I have no good reason for it. Based on everything else I've seen and liked, they are a no-brainer.5

Well, you have the unique opportunity to see all the story in cronological order without knowing what comes next and, man, what comes next is amazing. The first two of the original trilogy are really good, and a classic cult in sci-fi, it's even possible that you used some Alien quote without knowing. There is an atmosphere, a feeling that is almost lost in modern fancy sci-fi movies, give them an opportunity, you'll not be disappointed!

mjmxiii
05-20-2017, 07:10 AM
Ho ho! It sure does look great! But im too much of a wimp to watch it! Will prob need a couple of months to watch it! Same shit happened with the original alien, and some horror games that arent that scary (im looking at u res evil 4)

It's has some pretty gruesome shit going on for sure but man I was exposed to horror flicks at a very young age. Saw the original a few years after it came out... was 5 lol. Suspension of disbelief can be overwhelming sometimes. Freddy Kreuger fucked me up as a kid so not judging you bruh!

Good to know! For some reason, I've never watched the Alien movies. I have no good reason for it. Based on everything else I've seen and liked, they are a no-brainer. But I've never done it.

I've been thinking recently about watching them all. I was inspired by this post (https://runesoup.com/2016/05/solving-prometheus-the-most-astrognostic-film-ever/) by Gordon White to watch Prometheus a few months ago, and I really liked it. Am I the only living person to have seen Prometheus but not any others in the series?

druid138-6195
Cool article dude, Prometheus really is a great flick. Very different from the rest of the series. But I really enjoy that type of stuff that makes you think about creation... very interesting. The new one picks up where Prometheus left off.... But if you do take the plunge, be aware that after Aliens, the series loses steam. Still, 4 excellent movies in the series.

Well, you have the unique opportunity to see all the story in cronological order without knowing what comes next and, man, what comes next is amazing. The first two of the original trilogy are really good, and a classic cult in sci-fi, it's even possible that you used some Alien quote without knowing. There is an atmosphere, a feeling that is almost lost in modern fancy sci-fi movies, give them an opportunity, you'll not be disappointed!

Yeah I agree with you blackbolt, first two are two of my all-time fave sci-fi movies. This latest one is by Ridley Scott too, directed Prometheus and the first Alien so it has a very similar vibe and ties both together so well!

Highly recommend it!

PerthEddie
05-20-2017, 07:23 AM
some horror games that arent that scary (im looking at u res evil 4)

There is no way you have ever played F.E.A.R. then? I shit my pants quite a few times playing that with headphones on. Not played the sequels though - not because I am scared just not got round to it.

Quite fancy seeing Alien Covenant though

Tridimensionale
05-20-2017, 07:49 AM
Went to the "Alien Night" two weeks ago.. an event organized by cinemas here (three film no stop projection-Prometheus-Alien Covenant-ALIEN).. a 6+ hours marathon at the budget-price of the new film only (about 13 euros)

Have to say that in my opinion ALien & Aliens are unequalled (10/10 both)
Prometheus & the new Alien Covenant at the best can have a 7/10 .. huge plot holes and poor charisma characters although i m a big fan of Fassbender too..
Ridley Scott already confirmed there will be at least another film of the series.. let s hope for the best

mjmxiii
05-20-2017, 08:24 AM
Have to say that in my opinion ALien & Aliens are unequalled (10/10 both)
Prometheus & the new Alien Covenant at the best can have a 7/10 .. huge plot holes and poor charisma characters although i m a big fan of Fassbender too..
Ridley Scott already confirmed there will be at least another film of the series.. let s hope for the best

Oh no doubt, untouchable classics, the first two. In comparison to the films after Aliens, the last two are 10/10 and a welcome return to the feel of the originals. Not the most amazing cast in the first two either (although the first is just classic). But Newt was a horrible character (or just poorly acted, take your pick - "Ah-firmitive" or "they mostly come at night mostly") along with a few other poorly scripted and casted characters and plot holes are easy enough to find if you want to critique any movie in general.

When comparing to the original two, that is actually quite a high score you've given Prometheus and Covenant. Very respectable if you ask me. Agree like Fassbender as well. The secret to enjoying these films is to understand they can never live up to the expectations set by the originals... kinda like when someone covers an Iron Maiden song, it could be done well, but can never really come close no matter how well it's done.

Have fun!

Tridimensionale
05-20-2017, 08:36 AM
The secret to enjoying these films is to understand they can never live up to the expectations set by the originals... kinda like when someone covers an Iron Maiden song, it could be done well, but can never really come close no matter how well it's done.

Totally agree :)

Nekroliun
05-20-2017, 09:08 AM
There is no way you have ever played F.E.A.R. then? I shit my pants quite a few times playing that with headphones on. Not played the sequels though - not because I am scared just not got round to it.

Quite fancy seeing Alien Covenant though

Well i did play F.E.A.R! Shittiest 5 hours of my life! I actually played alot of classic horros! S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Silent hill 2 resident evil 1, condemned (boi if dis wasnt scawey) and rule of rose (highly recommended for any horror fan btw).

Oh no doubt, untouchable classics, the first two. In comparison to the films after Aliens, the last two are 10/10 and a welcome return to the feel of the originals. Not the most amazing cast in the first two either (although the first is just classic). But Newt was a horrible character (or just poorly acted, take your pick - "Ah-firmitive" or "they mostly come at night mostly") along with a few other poorly scripted and casted characters and plot holes are easy enough to find if you want to critique any movie in general.

When comparing to the original two, that is actually quite a high score you've given Prometheus and Covenant. Very respectable if you ask me. Agree like Fassbender as well. The secret to enjoying these films is to understand they can never live up to the expectations set by the originals... kinda like when someone covers an Iron Maiden song, it could be done well, but can never really come close no matter how well it's done.

Have fun!

Tbh i find the ending to covenant so bad that i would give the movie 3/10! Its thats shit! David is like the most wtf char ive ever seen! Tbh prometheus was much better than covenant, prometheus while it didnt have alot of alien shit, had a good story and gave us some lore to the engineers and shit like that and lols at why the engineers want to kill humanity (turns out jesus was an engineer sent by them to restore peace to humanity, what did we do? We fucking crucified him)

One thing i didnt understand is how the trilobyte formed, what? Hallowday or whatever hes called has sec with shaw or whatever shes called and now she's impregnated with a trilobyte?

The originals are still the best.

Alien vs predator films are better (atleast imo)

PerthEddie
05-20-2017, 10:08 AM
Well i did play F.E.A.R! Shittiest 5 hours of my life! I actually played alot of classic horros! S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Silent hill 2 resident evil 1, condemned (boi if dis wasnt scawey) and rule of rose (highly recommended for any horror fan btw).

I am glad you played F.E.A.R. even though I didn't think you would have. I am also glad you mentioned S.T.A.L.K.E.R. as well - another great scary game. Funny really because if I think about it horror films don't really scare me but there are quite a few games I have played that really have put the shits up me!!!

Nekroliun
05-20-2017, 10:31 AM
I am glad you played F.E.A.R. even though I didn't think you would have. I am also glad you mentioned S.T.A.L.K.E.R. as well - another great scary game. Funny really because if I think about it horror films don't really scare me but there are quite a few games I have played that really have put the shits up me!!!

I am a wimp, i can barely play any horror or watch any horror and not shit my pants. Evennif its F'n jason X...

Back when i played half life 2 and 1, i was so fucking scared that i installed it but played it after 5 months. 5 MONTHS. Same with doom. Gotta gather my courage...

I only play horrors when my friends come over, or when i come over, i played most of the games i mentioned with one of my friends who is unlike me, faps to horror, he likes it that much. Had a blast! But ofc im not brave enough to play the games again!

Silentknight
05-20-2017, 11:53 AM
It's has some pretty gruesome shit going on for sure but man I was exposed to horror flicks at a very young age. Saw the original a few years after it came out... was 5 lol. Suspension of disbelief can be overwhelming sometimes. Freddy Kreuger fucked me up as a kid so not judging you bruh!

Cool article dude, Prometheus really is a great flick. Very different from the rest of the series. But I really enjoy that type of stuff that makes you think about creation... very interesting. The new one picks up where Prometheus left off.... But if you do take the plunge, be aware that after Aliens, the series loses steam. Still, 4 excellent movies in the series.

Yeah I agree with you blackbolt, first two are two of my all-time fave sci-fi movies. This latest one is by Ridley Scott too, directed Prometheus and the first Alien so it has a very similar vibe and ties both together so well!

Highly recommend it!

Actually heard that Ridley Scott has 13 more of em coming out...13???

Nekroliun
05-20-2017, 11:55 AM
Actually heard that Ridley Scott has 13 more of em coming out...13???

Wow Holy shit

Silentknight
05-20-2017, 12:03 PM
Was searching for Covenant last night on Android box. Couldn't find anything but a preview. So I watched Alien vs Predator Requiem,lol!

Nekroliun
05-20-2017, 12:43 PM
Was searching for Covenant last night on Android box. Couldn't find anything but a preview. So I watched Alien vs Predator Requiem,lol!

Hey das a good movie! Pure badassness! Wolf has to be my second fav predator! No1 is i guess scar...

Silentknight
05-20-2017, 12:51 PM
Hey das a good movie! Pure badassness! Wolf has to be my second fav predator! No1 is i guess scar...

Luv all that sci-fi horror shit! That gorier the better! Kinda surprised Arnie hasn't made a cameo in any of the Predator movies.

druid138
05-20-2017, 03:09 PM
Speaking of sci-fi, horror games, and scary soundtracks, have you guys heard of the label Cryo Chamber (https://www.youtube.com/user/cryochamberlabel)? They put out excellent dark ambient. Atrium Carceri and Sabled Sun are my favorites. Give AC's Metropolis (https://youtu.be/MNkFuVnRBXQ?list=PL99czue-ivEuBbwTYoTWay_IbELww32kn) a try, just for five minutes - you might get hooked!

druid138-6195

mjmxiii
05-20-2017, 04:42 PM
Yeah I enjoyed the AvP movies, terrible or not lol, that stuff just puts a smile on my face. Would really like to have seen one that actually only had the two species and no human characters.... the humans are always just there to die and are usually horrible actors lol... that first AvP movie should have been the flashback story of the temple! That shit was tight! Then the humans would have made more sense instead of human and Predator teaming up, that shit was whack!

I was watching Prometheus last night as I started this post! Had some hardcore Alien fans say they hate that flick! That shit blew my mind but I'm bias as fuck to all these movies... hell I even enjoyed the last Predators movie lol!! The ending of Covenant did leave a lot to be desired but if Ridley is making 13 more lol well fuck, we're gonna need some kinda reason to keep going back haha

Silentknight
05-20-2017, 04:53 PM
Yeah I enjoyed the AvP movies, terrible or not lol, that stuff just puts a smile on my face. Would really like to have seen one that actually only had the two species and no human characters.... the humans are always just there to die and are usually horrible actors lol... that first AvP movie should have been the flashback story of the temple! That shit was tight! Then the humans would have made more sense instead of human and Predator teaming up, that shit was whack!

I was watching Prometheus last night as I started this post! Had some hardcore Alien fans say they hate that flick! That shit blew my mind but I'm bias as fuck to all these movies... hell I even enjoyed the last Predators movie lol!! The ending of Covenant did leave a lot to be desired but if Ridley is making 13 more lol well fuck, we're gonna need some kinda reason to keep going back haha

Gotta have humans...I mean did u c that blondes ass in AVPR!!! Sex sells! Almost as nice as the Clairvoyant's,lol! Heard bout the 13 more on radio. Thot Prometheus was awesome for same reasons as u!

Nekroliun
05-20-2017, 05:16 PM

I personally watched prometheus cuz it had the backstory of the franchise, like who created humans, and aliens. But turns out the movie was actually pretty good! Still even with covenant (which barely answered any questions) there are still a crap ton of mysteries waiting for a next prequel sequel!

SPAILARS FOR ALIEN COVENANT

We will see wtf david has been doing all that time in an abandoned ship in the middle of nowhere, with a shit ton of humans in stasis that had a couple of headcrabs set free with them! I wonder what would happen!

SPAILER END

Prob some crazy shit like: Plotwist! David is actually an alien queen in disguise that developed a human body and metallic body parts and the ability to talk!

Will the guy even live for 13 more sequels?

mjmxiii
05-20-2017, 05:16 PM
Gotta have humans...I mean did u c that blondes ass in AVPR!!! Sex sells! Almost as nice as the Clairvoyant's,lol! Heard bout the 13 more on radio. Thot Prometheus was awesome for same reasons as u!

Lmao, nothing wrong with tight poopers! A decent AvP series would be nice.

mjmxiii
05-20-2017, 05:30 PM
I personally watched prometheus cuz it had the backstory of the franchise, like who created humans, and aliens. But turns out the movie was actually pretty good! Still even with covenant (which barely answered any questions) there are still a crap ton of mysteries waiting for a next prequel sequel! We will see wtf david has been doing all that time in an abandoned ship in the middle of nowhere, with a shit ton of humans in stasis that had a couple of headcrabs set free with them! I wonder what would happen!

Prob some crazy shit like: Plotwist! David is actually an alien queen in disguise that developed a human body and metallic body parts and the ability to talk!

Will the guy even live for 13 more sequels?

I dunno but I do like how he connects with Ash from the first one and that weird synthetic mindset of wanting to study all the "what ifs". He developed all that shit. Fucks over Shaw and Engineers too. He's like the Alien queen and Cartman all rolled into one LMAO!

Nekroliun
05-20-2017, 05:34 PM
I dunno but I do like how he connects with Ash from the first one and that weird synthetic mindset of wanting to study all the "what ifs". He developed all that shit. Fucks over Shaw and Engineers too. He's like the Alien queen and Cartman all rolled into one LMAO!

Best part about david, Engineer Genocide.

mjmxiii
05-20-2017, 05:42 PM
Best part about david, Engineer Genocide.

Yeah that shit is tight... uh might be a good idea to post a spoiler warning on the first post lol... just to be cool... yeah

Nekroliun
05-20-2017, 05:57 PM
Yeah that shit is tight... uh might be a good idea to post a spoiler warning on the first post lol... just to be cool... yeah

U have a point