PDA

View Full Version : [poll]what to evolve next?

aur0ra85
08-05-2016, 11:51 AM
What to evolve next to five stars? All sorts of characters, limited evolve shards.
Carriage Rider Eddie
Soldier Eddie
Basic Eddie
Run to the hills Eddie
Wicker man Eddie
Axis bomber boy (red)
Allied Bomber boy (green)
Soulless demon (purple)
Soulless demon (red)
Allied soldier (blue)
Axis soldier (blue), bullet trace
Pyro soldier (red)
Red bat
Green bat

Or should I do nothing and wait til I get a better character?
I am strongly leaning towards carriage rider Eddie, or blue allied soldier. Run to the hills Eddie looks like a very powerful character as does the red pyro soldier and both the bats. I have green and red shards ready now, blue and yellow are a long ways off.

Dutch
08-05-2016, 12:08 PM
carriage is a good all round eddie, i have mine at 5*, his healing skills are very impressive

Qed
08-05-2016, 12:14 PM
Carriage, soldier and blue allied soldier are definitive characters.

HeadlessHammerhead
08-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Carriage Rider for sure.

Gonzo
08-05-2016, 12:41 PM
Angel of Fear... no doubts.

You'll thank me later.

aur0ra85
08-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Angel of Fear... no doubts.

You'll thank me later.

A trooper of mine has one and he's a game changer for sure, but soooooooooooo incredibly buggy....

Gonzo
08-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Agree, but he won't be bugged forever, and once he's working as intended he is going to be even more OP.

Can you imagine that guy in PVP?

The green Angel too... OMG!!!! I'm going to love him in PVP.

Qed
08-05-2016, 01:16 PM
The green angel is the sentinel Gargoyle looking? That one with aoe taunt (6points), offensive cleanse and passive taking damage for the teammates?

Gonzo
08-05-2016, 01:21 PM
First he gets immunity and invincibility... so, if he succesfully taunts he gets no damage.

I'm not sure what you mean with offensive cleanse.

Qed
08-05-2016, 01:39 PM
When attacking it has a chance to remove positive effects from the target.

Gonzo
08-05-2016, 01:40 PM
Nope, he has a chance to stun but no cleanse.

Qed
08-05-2016, 01:41 PM
So which char is this? Never seen it, do you have a screen or something?

Gonzo
08-05-2016, 01:46 PM
Oh... I understand now. You are thinking about the Sentinel Allied Soldier which has a cleanse. This is the Sentinel Angel... Angel of Strife.

Qed
08-05-2016, 02:03 PM
Thx, i whould go anyway with the soulless green demon (that you have there) if i need a crowd-control sentinel.
No problematic passive and 0 cost taunt.

Gonzo
08-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Yeah! I heard he's great. But the fact that you can't "control" his taunt and has no passive ability kinda throws me off. Also, right now taunters are the least meta characters in the game.

If that ever changes he'll be the first in line.

Thx for the advice.

aur0ra85
08-05-2016, 02:32 PM
Passive parties are by far the current meta it seems unfortunately.
Heal, buff, reflect shield, repeat.
Edit: which is what worries me about upgrading blue allied soldier, is he getting a nerf to reflect shield? Will he go from being arguably the best character to much further down the list? I'm sure even if they nerf soldier Eddies heal he will still be a strong character.
I feel like all three bats if fixed will be new meta characters, as will characters that do true damage.
Too many broken Talismans ATM too and they're all the good ones, so I'm only upgrading safe bet talismans.

Vaseodin
08-05-2016, 02:40 PM
I vote cartilage Rider. He has such a good mix of skills. Plus he's an Eddie!

Gonzo
08-05-2016, 02:44 PM
I think the Magus Soldier needs a nerf. But only in the cost, a 7 power cost would be perfect. And it would be perfect for PVP.

That being said, I just leveled mine. A few seconds ago, an I had the same fear as you, but you know what? By the time a nerf comes, if it ever comes, we'll most likely be able to rank another one. I was beetwen the soldier, the child of the damned and the pharaoh dog. No regrets!!!!

Regarding talismans, it's not a game breaking issue. I feel you are giving them WAY too much importance. Either if they are working correctly or not, a 1% or 15% buff does not make a difference right now.

Trystangst
08-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Reflect is really powerful.
It's whole party, not single Ally.
It's 2 turns, not 1.
It's 4 cost, which means that even the newest players can keep it up (minus buff steals or the blue Angel) without needing a Power generator.
It halves ALL incoming damage (Magic, Physical AND True).
It returns half of that as True damage (which means it ignores the enemy's DEF and MR)
It hits all enemies, even if the original attack was single target.

Should it be adjusted? I don't know. It's really powerful early on, but by the time you're starting to farm Underworld Madness you're likely moving away from it to more damaging abilities (I still use my soldier, but I don't usually cast reflect - he does plenty of AoE damage with his regular attack). If PVP becomes a thing, probably.

As for only leveling "safe bets" - if that's how you want to play, sure. But I'm with Gonzo - I'm going to level what I have and use. If it gets nerfed later, well that's just part of playing an online game.

Qed
08-05-2016, 03:23 PM
Passive parties are by far the current meta it seems unfortunately.
Heal, buff, reflect shield, repeat.
Edit: which is what worries me about upgrading blue allied soldier, is he getting a nerf to reflect shield? Will he go from being arguably the best character to much further down the list? I'm sure even if they nerf soldier Eddies heal he will still be a strong character.
I feel like all three bats if fixed will be new meta characters, as will characters that do true damage.
Too many broken Talismans ATM too and they're all the good ones, so I'm only upgrading safe bet talismans.

To me PVP is so far (4-6 months) that we have all the time in the world to level up as many chars we want, and to die by boredom.

Trystangst
08-05-2016, 03:31 PM
This isn't a shot at people that do like it, but I've never understood the fascination with PVP in games like this.

At the top of the "ladder" you're going to see the same 3 units with the same 6 talismans.

Not to mention that anyone who's let the AI play knows that it's not anywhere near ready for PVP - who casts a party buff as the last action of a turn when there's 1 enemy with 50 HP left?

Dutch
08-05-2016, 03:35 PM
Lol never a truer word spoken Tryst

Qed
08-05-2016, 03:36 PM
AI and PVP-arena are related in which way?

Dutch
08-05-2016, 03:39 PM
Auto battling during pvp I think he's referring to

Gonzo
08-05-2016, 03:43 PM
I hope they take Marvels Avenger Alliance PVP type... not MCOC or Injustice.

Basically you battle against other teams to rank up. Once you reach the best rank you get the rewards.

No live scoreboard please, that's an invitation to hackers and trolls.

And we have one too many trolls in here.

Jennie-5128
08-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Any trolls is one too many...

* now paranoid you were talking about me *

Dutch
08-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Haha I was thinking the same when he mentioned that, still am lol

Jennie-5128
08-05-2016, 04:04 PM
At least we can be paranoid together, Dutch :)

Gonzo
08-05-2016, 04:09 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha... not you. You have nothing to worry about.

I have nothing against trolls, in fact I enjoy a good troll. But there's a kind of troll that gets triggered quite easily and tries to make you look bad... Eventually things fall into place.
Now if you don't mind stop posting off topic please!!!!! Hahahahahahaha, just kidding.

Going back, I think that a beta PVP should be released before "global PVP launch"... Beta testing is the best way to trial and error, and most important, feedback.

We've seen a really good change in regards to dev communication in this last 2 or 3 days. I really hope it stays this way.

Vaseodin
08-05-2016, 04:14 PM
I think the Magus Soldier needs a nerf. But only in the cost, a 7 power cost would be perfect. And it would be perfect for PVP.

That being said, I just leveled mine. A few seconds ago, an I had the same fear as you, but you know what? By the time a nerf comes, if it ever comes, we'll most likely be able to rank another one. I was beetwen the soldier, the child of the damned and the pharaoh dog. No regrets!!!!

Regarding talismans, it's not a game breaking issue. I feel you are giving them WAY too much importance. Either if they are working correctly or not, a 1% or 15% buff does not make a difference right now.

I agree the best fix would be to up the cost. Currently you can spam the shield nonstop once you are high enough level.

aur0ra85
08-05-2016, 04:16 PM
Reflect is really powerful.
It's whole party, not single Ally.
It's 2 turns, not 1.
It's 4 cost, which means that even the newest players can keep it up (minus buff steals or the blue Angel) without needing a Power generator.
It halves ALL incoming damage (Magic, Physical AND True).
It returns half of that as True damage (which means it ignores the enemy's DEF and MR)
It hits all enemies, even if the original attack was single target.

Should it be adjusted? I don't know. It's really powerful early on, but by the time you're starting to farm Underworld Madness you're likely moving away from it to more damaging abilities (I still use my soldier, but I don't usually cast reflect - he does plenty of AoE damage with his regular attack). If PVP becomes a thing, probably.

As for only leveling "safe bets" - if that's how you want to play, sure. But I'm with Gonzo - I'm going to level what I have and use. If it gets nerfed later, well that's just part of playing an online game.

Honestly man, I've tried many other troopers in place of my 4 star blue allied soldier, and most of the time Even just using his AOE attack and not healing with my red dog, I'll level most of the enemies in the first turn; however, the blue allied soldier is still my most consistent character, it's reflect shield is priceless, it's so overpowered I feel its retarded (full blown easy mode).
As for the safe bet talismans, I'm basically referring to the blue ones and the green ones (health overwhelming/ward, and paladin/whatever). I'd love to use freeze, paralysis, vampiric, but they're either broken, or not worth it due to the lack of AOE/correct character. The shield talismans seem to be terrible, all of them are worse than the reflect shield, even if they were passive abilities they still wouldn't be as good as the reflect shield. The penetrating talismans should be good and I haven't tried the red ones, but the blue ones don't seem to work either. :/
The yellow ones seem to be witchcraft still so I'm hesitant to upgrade them, (I don't even know if I have all the types of yellow ones). I don't have a character to fit the purple ones :/

Again, PvP seems like 6months away with all the bug fixes that need to be implemented.

Vaseodin
08-05-2016, 04:18 PM
This isn't a shot at people that do like it, but I've never understood the fascination with PVP in games like this.

At the top of the "ladder" you're going to see the same 3 units with the same 6 talismans.

Not to mention that anyone who's let the AI play knows that it's not anywhere near ready for PVP - who casts a party buff as the last action of a turn when there's 1 enemy with 50 HP left?

Yeah the AI is pretty bad in this game. When I run auto, my possessed mine casts a heal at the beginning of the level. Every single time. We just started, I'm sure the party doesn't need to be healed! And then there is an enemy with a sliver of health and the AI uses the Fury skill (overkill) instead of saving it for the next wave.

OpticSugar
08-05-2016, 04:22 PM
Carriage, soldier and blue allied soldier are definitive characters.

agreed!
I picked soldier, but really any of those could have gotten my vote

aur0ra85
08-06-2016, 01:58 PM
So I'm going with Carriage Rider, followed by the red bat and soldier Eddie: to go with carriage rider Eddie I have a pharaoh dog King, and blue allied soldier (which functions just fine in its OP state at 4 stars). I also have quite a few blue talismans at five stars already and some green ones for the build. The red bat will be upgraded whenever I have enough red talismans at five stars to go around (at least 3 more or so), and lastly soldier Eddie because he's the oddball I feel given my other characters; however, I'll point out here that when soldier Eddie is finally upgraded he will be max with Max talismans the second I have enough shards because by this point I should have plenty of Max talismans to go around.
Anyway, that's my build, thanks for the input everyone!

aur0ra85
08-07-2016, 03:30 PM
So the plan changed after I drank all of the beer in the house last eve.... I upgraded Soldier Eddie and Pyro soldier. Seemed like a good idea at the time :)
And this morning, so far so good with the pyro soldier, he's slotting right in where the blue allied soldier was and provides some tank/AOE damage. All the characters buff each other now.

Gonzo
08-07-2016, 03:54 PM
So the plan changed after I drank all of the beer in the house last eve.... I upgraded Soldier Eddie and Pyro soldier. Seemed like a good idea at the time :)
And this morning, so far so good with the pyro soldier, he's slotting right in where the blue allied soldier was and provides some tank/AOE damage. All the characters buff each other now.

+100000 to this... I woke up to a maxed 4* Mummy Eddie, Green Bat and Blue Bat... It could've been worse.

Birthdays with my friends can get a little too savage. Problem is... we are not 25 anymore :P

So, is the green Pyro any good? I've had mine since forever and never never touched it... How's his damage?

Now, if you don't mind... I'm gonna go close every courtain in house... Light is killing me.

Jennie-5128
08-07-2016, 04:56 PM
So, is the green Pyro any good? I've had mine since forever and never never touched it... How's his damage?
He's a bit crap for damage but hard to kill - like the other green characters. I've got him up to 4*/lev61.

aur0ra85
08-07-2016, 05:37 PM
The red dog life steal/heal ability is working amazing with three red characters.

Flann
08-07-2016, 05:46 PM
I leveled the red Pyro Soldier first. Hits like a freight train with a good defensive buff. I haven't lost him yet. Eddie dies before him.

SrG
08-10-2016, 02:45 AM
So is Blue Allied soldier still intact after the server update?

I just got 3 blue 3* shards in a secret level which is enough to upgrade one of these blue characters to 5 star:
Allied Soldier (current ally)
Child of the Damned (current ally)
Angel of Pain
Any recommendations?

Trystangst
08-10-2016, 02:46 AM
I'd probably vote Angel. Now that the attack bug is fixed, he's a strong ally with his passive.
Magus Allied Soldier is great, but he's just as potent at 4* as he is at 5* (Reflect doesn't get stronger).

Eddie
08-10-2016, 03:45 AM
I don't have a Carriage Eddie so I vote Soldier :)