PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who is not looking forward to PvP?

Jennie-5128
08-05-2016, 03:55 PM
It's going to be optional, right?

I just have too much experience of PvP games where there's griefing and other such nastiness which is "fun" for the people doing it but not for those who get targeted... :/

Dutch
08-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Hopefully as Gonzo mentioned in another thread it'd be setup correctly, I'm with you on most of the pvp bits, it's utter crap lol

Gonzo
08-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Of course it's going to be optional, although PVP has rewards... perhaps even characters.

I haven't played any RPG mobile game that let's you grief or target other players.

I'm pretty sure that PVP won't even be live PVP. You are safe Jennie ;)

Jennie-5128
08-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Hope you're right, Gonzo :)

I guess it'll be a while till we find out anyway. Somebody said 6 months?

Vaseodin
08-05-2016, 04:10 PM
I think it could be really fun if done properly. I just hope it doesn't become like Marvel Future Fight, where 95% of players use the same 3 characters. From what I'm seeing in the forums it seems initially all you'll be fighting in pVp are blue soldiers and soldier Eddies. Variety in battles will keep that game mode fun.

SARGERAS
08-05-2016, 04:45 PM
I don't see simple multiplayer engagement in some kind of PvP format. I mean, I can totally see competitive grind/ladder system, but battling against another player (controlled by AI and such) and stealing resources, I dunno.

Who knows right? But I'm very confident that it's going to be smooth. Even the actual Trooper system, when someone 'deletes' you none notifications/messages/informations of what happened/who/how deleted you. So tranquil stuff. But on the other hand it gets little multiplayer contact, which is something that worries me about Legacy. The community of the game has grown in the forums.

About variety I think it's going to be veery interesting, since we don't explore even half of the characters. I see a common pattern until someone discovers a broken unused character and blow everyone's mind. That will be nice xD

aur0ra85
08-05-2016, 05:03 PM
There's a few broken ones, soldier Eddie/green allied soldier/blue allied soldier is a big ticket, but the real culprit is blue allied soldier ATM.

Vaseodin
08-05-2016, 05:17 PM
There's a few broken ones, soldier Eddie/green allied soldier/blue allied soldier is a big ticket, but the real culprit is blue allied soldier ATM.

This is the current situation, indeed.

aur0ra85
08-05-2016, 05:33 PM
I feel like if they ever get the bats to work the way they are supposed to, people are going to be screaming that they're OP too lol.

BillLion
08-05-2016, 07:11 PM
I hope they make it like Marvel Avengers Alliance 2 where you don't lose rank when others play the AI version of your team, but only when you actually lose when trying to climb up. I didn't play MAA1, but I heard that was a beast -a total grindfest that included chunks of hours the last few days of the tournament and lots of gold.

Bottom line: I'm looking forward to it, but I won't be thrilled (and perhaps won't participate fully) if it requires lots of grinding to get anywhere.

Gonzo
08-05-2016, 07:25 PM
The Angels are already really good characters, all of them. But they are bugged, so people don't use them.

There's always people who scream OP whenever they loose. That's how it works.

And regarding the Soldier Eddie/Magus and Sentinel Soldiers team, I would have no problem destroying them. That's not an OP team.

OP would be Gunner Child of the Damned/Axis Commander/Vampire Hunter Eddie. Unkillable SOBs.

Mark my words... Gunner Child of the Damned will be too OP in PVP.

I hope they make it like Marvel Avengers Alliance 2

Agreed. MAA2 has an amazing PVP system.

Qed
08-05-2016, 07:53 PM
Screen of child gunner?
Never used or seen one.

Gonzo
08-05-2016, 07:57 PM
I don't have him. He's the one that gives shields and all those things to the other childs in Underworld with his attack.

Trust me, he will be a pain in the a$$.

I'd kill for one.

Vaseodin
08-05-2016, 09:42 PM
I've never seen one in play from my troopers, but tose are what make the stage "Children of the Damned" so tough.

Kaijester
08-05-2016, 10:15 PM
I haven't played any RPG mobile game that let's you grief or target other players.

Try World of Magic...You can literally bully newbies and kill other players in live PVP. Really annoyed the hell out of me but I had the best weapon in the game and sold my account.

Gonzo
08-05-2016, 11:26 PM
Sounds fun!!!! Maybe Jennie would like to give it a try :P

SARGERAS
08-06-2016, 03:01 AM
Don't forget about characters that can re-enable attacks. I got once around 10 hits of the SAME gunner dog, my mind was blown. Skill Shards and bam, "if you don't kill me in 1 turn your team is gone"... e.e

aur0ra85
08-06-2016, 03:09 AM
That's what my set up does, I like to use a red bat/child of the dammed with my samurai Eddie and red dog. I can nearly one shot beezle with samurai Eddie and have three red talismans at level 4 still, but when I'm dealing with a wave I use the samurai AOE to knock everyone down to half health, and then child of the dammed to clean up everything with extra turns (the red bat functions more or less the same, but his passive is broken sometimes and doesn't work). It's a massacre. I feel like the only way anyone is gonna survive one wave against it is if they get their turn first lol, and my characters are pretty tanky builds. Samurai Eddie also triggers extra turns if his basic would work. Nomad works in the party too.

sneezy
08-06-2016, 08:23 AM
hier is my schild,he is real powerfull :3

Vaseodin
08-06-2016, 08:58 PM
I want one!

Hypnos
08-06-2016, 09:24 PM
hey sneezy, may I see what talismans you're running on that thing? Got one myself recently and trying to level up he appears to be somewhat frail. To be fair I am facing a lvl 44 4* against Underworld Madness!

Jennie-5128
08-06-2016, 09:55 PM
TFW you've been at the National Motorcycle Museum all day communing with the classic bikes & your thread has proved unexpectedly popular LOL.

The one that somebody mentioned about people picking on newbies was what I was worried about. I've been in games where newbies are treated by established players as a farming opportunity, & it's REALLY carp for the newbies & eventually kills the game

sneezy
08-07-2016, 12:30 AM
he needs talisman with atk stat , unfortunately required to use 1 water talisman (water talisman not increase ATK) so I used the green talisman to increase hp

BillLion
08-07-2016, 01:10 AM
Wow sneezy -a beast for sure!

BillLion
08-07-2016, 01:19 AM
Wow sneezy -a beast for sure!

I def enjoy using him each day!

Hypnos
08-07-2016, 07:22 AM
thanks sneezy! I'm going to especially focus on getting this guy fully leveled