PDA

View Full Version : Hold rates >15%?

Ezz
05-24-2017, 10:29 PM
Anyone have a hold rate higher than 15%? My guess is no? My hold rate is in single digits for the first time ever.

And on offense it's very very difficult to lose no matter what team I bring to the fight.

Kind of boring mashing buttons and tearing up AI that can't compete.

Me thinks defense needs some sort of boost to make things more challenging.

treeb0mbb
05-24-2017, 10:32 PM
Current hold rate is 41% but maybe that's cause I only had 9/22 attacks and am rank 1,431 with 1924 points right now so in the bottomish league lol. I think I've just had a lot of either lucky wins or connections issues cause my defense sucks haha.

Tritium
05-24-2017, 10:47 PM
I'm well above 15% right now. At the top, it certainly is a LOT harder to hold the other great players out there. One has to really be creative and think of combos of toons that synergize. Sometimes, the weirdest team can be one of the more difficult ones to beat.

Ezz
05-24-2017, 11:23 PM
I'm well above 15% right now. At the top, it certainly is a LOT harder to hold the other great players out there. One has to really be creative and think of combos of toons that synergize. Sometimes, the weirdest team can be one of the more difficult ones to beat.

Well my point was not as much my low hold rate personally, it's the lack of challenge on offense. And I did not take into account lower levels so that was a bit short sighted on my part I apologize.

When attacking I now actually find myself seeking out new defenses to fight for some variety. Storm or SOL Eddie for instance. Or a team with a pharaoh spirit. It's different but the result is usually the same - little competition.

I think in over 100 attacks this week I have only one legit loss and that was to a grim reaper that went first and somehow went ape shit and hit me like 6 times in a row. Other 5 losses are freeze ups and one dead battery.

treeb0mbb
05-24-2017, 11:46 PM

I agree or just have a prisoner.... but thankfully we can cleanse his disease from affecting us so that's alright.

IceManFerrar
05-25-2017, 01:52 AM
Well my point was not as much my low hold rate personally, it's the lack of challenge on offense. And I did not take into account lower levels so that was a bit short sighted on my part I apologize.

When attacking I now actually find myself seeking out new defenses to fight for some variety. Storm or SOL Eddie for instance. Or a team with a pharaoh spirit. It's different but the result is usually the same - little competition.

I think in over 100 attacks this week I have only one legit loss and that was to a grim reaper that went first and somehow went ape shit and hit me like 6 times in a row. Other 5 losses are freeze ups and one dead battery.

You guys are good. I don't have any Shell or Immunity Talismans, so I do struggle when I face the top teams. Played Canyptian yesterday 4 times, and he went first all 4 times. He beat me the first 3 attempts and it was only on the final attempt was I finally able to win. You may say that I am a sucker for punishment, but I really wanted to learn and try different strategies/team setups to see how to win against his team.
I hope I don't have to face him again, lol.

Ringe666's team is also very good with that darn Wrath of his. I won against him last week when I went first, but played him again earlier this week and he went first, absolutely destroying my team...I barely got a turn in, sheesh!

DaveMurray
05-25-2017, 07:52 AM
You guys are good. I don't have any Shell or Immunity Talismans, so I do struggle when I face the top teams. Played Canyptian yesterday 4 times, and he went first all 4 times. He beat me the first 3 attempts and it was only on the final attempt was I finally able to win. You may say that I am a sucker for punishment, but I really wanted to learn and try different strategies/team setups to see how to win against his team.

Ringe666's team is also very good with that darn Wrath of his. I won against him last week when I went first, but played him again earlier this week and he went first, absolutely destroying my team...I barely got a turn in, sheesh!

I completely feel you.
I got no immunity and shell talismans and it is just impossible to achieve something good on both offence and defence without them.

90mphyorker
05-25-2017, 08:41 AM
I agree. I missed out on the immunity and shell talismans as I didn't have the resources to max them out so didn't see the advantage they'd give me. I think I got a set of each in the last week in the end, but I'm able to get i to the top 25 on offence but I'm just too easy to be in defence. Ah well. I'm happy being this high right now!

slauki
05-25-2017, 09:28 AM
without these talisman pvp is really tough, cannot imagine playing without them anymore. they should be reintroduced to give you guys a chance to catch up. and i found that you cannot have enough shells :P

Ezz
05-25-2017, 12:49 PM
without these talisman pvp is really tough, cannot imagine playing without them anymore. they should be reintroduced to give you guys a chance to catch up. and i found that you cannot have enough shells :P

These are good points a few weeks back before shell, immunity, and strike talismans it seemed hold rates were always higher and attack rates lower. Those additions seem to have rendered an already struggling AI almost completely useless.

R1ck
05-25-2017, 01:37 PM
AI is predictable, we can learn and improve ourselves. Hold rates will continue to fall.

FallenAngel666
05-28-2017, 08:21 AM
I think that with the introduction of the " strike" talismans all the tems are becoming more similar and so are defenses, so it is pretty easy to guess a team that will probably make you win against any defense. The ntroduction of the " specal" talismans ( shells and immunity first and stroke and life then) levelled up the Arena too much, it makes the competition 4 ranking up maybe more exciting and surely more opened, but at the same level it is annihilating defenses.
Thankfully now the scores have been reviwed, cause to loose 2 pts for each loss with the actual defenses would really make the game to be unplyable

Ringe666-7406
05-28-2017, 01:46 PM

If you don't have these, CG is much more bigger problem than Wrath, my friend. And that team can only win on first turn, sometimes :D If going second, sayonara in first wave

surfingwithdje
05-28-2017, 03:23 PM
Yes i think they should reintroduce the shell and immunity talismants as soon as possible because it's impossible to be competitive if you havn't them...
They are as muchimportant that i can't imagine use a character without shell in the arena...

@ IceManFerrar: sorry mate if i havn't accepted your trooper request, i'm full with very reliable troopers and i can't drop one of them for the moment :/

@Ringe666: your defense team is very nice ! I had fun and sometimes cold sweats when fight it in the arena :)
Wrath is very badass, i'd like to get him or clairvoyant this week ^^

Ringe666-7406
05-28-2017, 06:48 PM
@Ringe666: your defense team is very nice ! I had fun and sometimes cold sweats when fight it in the arena :)
Wrath is very badass, i'd like to get him or clairvoyant this week ^^

Clairvoyant was my first wish, a bit tankier than Wrath, plus that Fury :3