PDA

View Full Version : Sacrifice strategies?

zdm-1083
05-25-2017, 02:07 PM
Hi,

I wonder how you sacrifice?
Did you upgrade all toon? Only some?
Which level of reward did you go for?

On my side:
- I keep 5* for 50K sacrifice meaning also that I keep 2 natural 4* maximized to go with as well as two 3* eddies :]
- I go for 2K reward with max level 3*
Other is trash sacrifice at level 2.

Right now I do not have so much natural 4* may be later I will have enough spare to go for 9K...

But I saw Jofer post like this:

Yeah I focus on efficiency. Also pro tip, 10x 2* is better than 4x since you get 3 drops at the halfway point with 10 instead of 3x 4 at 12. Best is getting 3 rare souls from 10 2* Guessing you hadn't realized the halfways give 3x the rewards.

I wonder if I do it the right way XD

And you, how did you fill the vortex?

As a reminder:
7 50K+
6 20K+
5 9K+
4 6K+
3 2K+
2 500
1 100

slauki
05-25-2017, 04:38 PM
i only upgrade 4* and above and i target level 6 as main goal because the 50 rare souls are the sweetspot. but i NEVER got them. once two skillshards and 3 or 4 time 2-4 g/a souls which is ridiculous. the only thing that is really rewarding is the vortex so sacrifice itself is underwhelming for me. even level 7 is pretty shabby with 2 legendary and or 4 G/a souls when you take into account how hard it is to make it....
that's why i will never sacrifice to early again as i did sometimes before. vortex it the most valuable reward so we have to fill it as optimal as possible i think....

zdm-1083
05-25-2017, 04:57 PM
Hmm you provide information I do not know nothing about on potentials rewards:

- "target level 6 as main goal because the 50 rare souls"
- Speaking of level 6: " two skillshards and 3 or 4 time 2-4 g/a souls"
- " level 7 is pretty shabby with 2 legendary and or 4 G/a souls"

Is there any place where I can found a list of figures of potential reward?

Nine
05-25-2017, 05:16 PM

Unfortunately there is not. I tried to make a thread when the feature was introduced, but the response was very...limited :p Maybe we'd have more luck now since everybody has gotten more experience. Sparton talked about some quantaties in one of his latest responses in the update thread, though, so that might be a good starting point.

Jerry_LOTB
05-25-2017, 05:16 PM

There's a "Rewards" button in the upper left corner of the Sacrifice window which shows you all potential rewards for each tier.

Tritium
05-25-2017, 05:27 PM
There's a "Rewards" button in the upper left corner of the Sacrifice window which shows you all potential rewards for each tier.

Is there anywhere where we can find quantities for each reward though? It would be very helpful to have a list of the potential quantities of each reward we can pull. Albeit, that would take some time to put together.

R1ck
05-25-2017, 05:28 PM
I got 4 Legendary souls and only two skillshards from last Vortex, souls gave me only dupes. Vortex before gave me 6 skillshards. As Slauki said, only upgrade 4 and 5 stars characters to sacrifice, takes some time but reward is better.

slauki
05-25-2017, 05:50 PM

trust me, the rewards i listed are very accurate and they are all "mediocre", and this is an euphemism (shitty would be too harsh ;-) ).
only vortex is cool. you can check the rewards in the button yes, but not the quantities. don't get me wrong sacrifice is an awesome feature and i'm really
happy that they have released it but you can do level 6 every two months and getting 2 g/a with 3* dupes is a huge joke for the effort to level the chars.
not even talking about level 7 where you need several 5* and we all know how often they drop, when there is no immortal event going on ;)

zdm-1083
05-26-2017, 09:36 AM
Unfortunately there is not. I tried to make a thread when the feature was introduced, but the response was very...limited :p Maybe we'd have more luck now since everybody has gotten more experience. Sparton talked about some quantaties in one of his latest responses in the update thread, though, so that might be a good starting point.

Do you have a link to Sparton message?
What I have in mind and I'm not able to find is a message from Sparton speaking about the number of reward, for example:
Level 2, 1K invest reward two times, 1,5K reward 3 times.
That's true for all level, to be checked, level 2 is easy to check.

Is there anywhere where we can find quantities for each reward though? It would be very helpful to have a list of the potential quantities of each reward we can pull. Albeit, that would take some time to put together.

@Jerry: see reply from Tritium, "Rewards" button give info about kind of reward but do not give any inputs about figures.

trust me, the rewards i listed are very accurate and they are all "mediocre", and this is an euphemism (shitty would be too harsh ;-) ).
only vortex is cool. you can check the rewards in the button yes, but not the quantities. don't get me wrong sacrifice is an awesome feature and i'm really
happy that they have released it but you can do level 6 every two months and getting 2 g/a with 3* dupes is a huge joke for the effort to level the chars.
not even talking about level 7 where you need several 5* and we all know how often they drop, when there is no immortal event going on ;)

But about this fifty rare souls, where did it come from?
Meaning also that level 6 with 40K is virtually a better goal if it could bring back 100 rare souls XD

slauki
05-26-2017, 10:04 AM
Meaning also that level 6 with 40K is virtually a better goal if it could bring back 100 rare souls XD

many guys reported the 50 rare souls from level 6 and i experienced the shabby 2-4 g/a souls at least 3-4 times, and others confirmed that several times too.

so possible level 6 rewards are

1. 50 rare souls (95% much confirmed)
2. 2-4 g/a souls (95% confirmed)
3. approx 2 legendaries (not completly sure about the numbers here)
4. approx 2 skillshards (not completly sure about the numbers here too)
5. (25-50 sacrificials when a special event is available like sacrificial souls not sure if something like this will come again)

I would prefer the 50 rare souls (or 25-50 rainbows) over every other reward sacrifice can give me. even better than every level 7 reward i think.
with 50 rares chances are good that we will get some decent toons we can sacrifice again and fill up the vortex faster.

that's my opinion at least, but it's definetly better to get 50 rares than 2 g/a for sure. they highly overvalue the crappy g/a souls only because they can give you a
rare cool character from time to time. but most of the time they will give you crap of course like every other soul. cannot see a reason to buy them from trooper store. would rather take
a skillshard 100% of the time .

but it'S also true that there is no other way to get the cyborgs, gunner rescuers, prisoners and so on. that'S why they seem to think it's okay to make them so expensive and rare.
imagine they are not even in the weekly pvp store, which is also very interesting. leads me to the conclusion they want to make us chase specific characters to keep us motivated to grind.
but i don't think that's the best way to do it.

Nine
05-26-2017, 10:10 AM
Do you have a link to Sparton message?
What I have in mind and I'm not able to find is a message from Sparton speaking about the number of reward, for example:
Level 2, 1K invest reward two times, 1,5K reward 3 times.
That's true for all level, to be checked, level 2 is easy to check.

The quote I was referring to is this one from the latest update thread (#449):

If we wanted the Rare Soul quantities to be more of what the natural progression should be relative to the last tier (where you can get 10-15 Rare Souls in Tier V, and are about twice as likely to get Rare Souls in Tier V compared to Tier VI), it'd be closer to 30-35 souls, but we wanted to bump it up because we figured people would consider 35 Rare Souls for that sacrifice to be the dud draw (ironically).

(Emphasis are mine)
I think this is the only one where anybody from the devs ever spoke about absolute quantaties. I do remember the quote you are talking about, though. I think Sparton mentioned rewards being doubled if the minimum requirement for a tier was met twice (e.g. 1000 instead of 500 for tier 2 or 40000 instead of 20000 for tier 6. However, I have no idea how to find it with this forum search.

The fifty rare souls are a possible reward for a tier 6 sacrifice. I got them for my first sacrifice ever and even named them in the above mentioned thread (the one that didn't work as an overview :p ). I consider them a really good reward taking into account that the chances you get garbage from all of them is pretty low - especially compared to 3-4 G/A Souls giving you only 3* or a legendary giving you another Magus Golden Son (the latter one is ca. 60% for me).

zamasu
05-26-2017, 04:25 PM
The quote I was referring to is this one from the latest update thread (#449):

(Emphasis are mine)
I think this is the only one where anybody from the devs ever spoke about absolute quantaties. I do remember the quote you are talking about, though. I think Sparton mentioned rewards being doubled if the minimum requirement for a tier was met twice (e.g. 1000 instead of 500 for tier 2 or 40000 instead of 20000 for tier 6. However, I have no idea how to find it with this forum search.

That makes a lot of sense now. That's why you get better rewards doing 10 lvl 2 character for a lvl 1 reward, than trying to barely get to lvl 2 sacrifice.

zdm-1083
05-26-2017, 05:41 PM
@slauski: Thanks for sharing, I'm with you about what is interesting and what is not.
After it is more or less a view and I don't think we could share NF's view ^^

I do remember the quote you are talking about, though. I think Sparton mentioned rewards being doubled if the minimum requirement for a tier was met twice (e.g. 1000 instead of 500 for tier 2 or 40000 instead of 20000 for tier 6. However, I have no idea how to find it with this forum search.

Thanks for the quote.
Me neither I have no idea how to retrieve Sparton quote (who post too much I think XD )

I wonder if we could get some figures now from everyone...

On my side I got 2 legendary Souls from level 7, which seems crap to me due to investment to reach this level...
If I could also get 2 from level 6 I'm a bit confused!

Jofer16
05-26-2017, 06:43 PM
Definetly better to do lower tier sacrifices in certain situations. For example I'd much rather do 2.5 tier vs 3. Chances at multiple souls is better than getting 1 G/A. And the 1*/2* scenario I laid out to Enti which was quoted in the original post.

Their logic with the cost of G/A Souls is totally broke so I'll manipulate around that sometimes. Another somewhat goofy system that wasn't well thought out in regards to reward scaling based on effort.

The one thing sacrifice and the new skull quest systems did was put even less incentive on pushing to the top for arena. Rewards are pathetic based on effort for a few souls and shards now that they aren't as rare. I'd be happy with getting top 25/50 now just for the eternal shards, really the only exclusive item, and even for those eternal rank gets a measly 15/20 more shards, just not worth it imo.

Browno
05-26-2017, 09:56 PM
Anyone tried going for 40k for lvl 6 to get double rewards?

zdm-1083
05-27-2017, 11:43 AM
@Browno: Will be my goal now I manage to do an ultimate once.
Needs at least 2 natural 5* for test XD

konstifik
06-05-2017, 03:21 PM
The vortex bonus gives you 5 slots with. from what I've seen, either 1-2 skill shards (more commonly 2, it seems), 2 rare G/A souls or 1-2 legendary souls (more commonly 1, it seems) in each slot.

Level 5 sacrifices have always given me 3 souls when I've been getting warrior/magus/sentinel rare souls from it.

IceManFerrar
06-05-2017, 04:16 PM
Excellent information from all of you, thanks a lot!

Btw, how do I get this Vortex bonus? Last week for the first time I got a Vortex bonus (by accident, cause I don't know what I did to get it), and got 6 G/A Souls along with 4 Skill Shards. Best reward I have ever got from sacrifice. I did sacrifice a whole bunch of Eddies, including a level 5 100* Mummy, so I guess that had something to do with the bonus.

Sadly all 6 G/A souls yielded crap, as the consensus of most of the folks on this thread and the forum; the darn GCR still eludes me.

Thanks in advance for the guidance on the Vortex bonus!

treeb0mbb
06-05-2017, 05:35 PM
Excellent information from all of you, thanks a lot!

Btw, how do I get this Vortex bonus? Last week for the first time I got a Vortex bonus (by accident, cause I don't know what I did to get it), and got 6 G/A Souls along with 4 Skill Shards. Best reward I have ever got from sacrifice. I did sacrifice a whole bunch of Eddies, including a level 5 100* Mummy, so I guess that had something to do with the bonus.

Sadly all 6 G/A souls yielded crap, as the consensus of most of the folks on this thread and the forum; the darn GCR still eludes me.

Thanks in advance for the guidance on the Vortex bonus!

Man I'd be happy to give you a GCR I think I pulled 3 already in total it's crazy. Also I recently got a vortex bonus and got 9 skill shards was pretty happy there :)

IceManFerrar
06-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Man I'd be happy to give you a GCR I think I pulled 3 already in total it's crazy. Also I recently got a vortex bonus and got 9 skill shards was pretty happy there :)

Sheesh, would do anything for a GCR and AoF. I only just pulled a Warrior Troll whom I wanted right from the beginning during PvE, but now I would gladly trade him for an AoF or GCR.

Btw, do you know what it takes, that is, what are the criteria to get a Vortex bonus?

JJJ428
06-05-2017, 06:33 PM
As you sacrifice you should see the purple ring fill up. Once the ring is filled that is when you get the vortex bonus.

Tritium
06-05-2017, 06:33 PM
Btw, do you know what it takes, that is, what are the criteria to get a Vortex bonus?

You have to fill up the purple ring around the pit in the middle of the sacrifice screen. It takes a TON of essence to do so, but you can watch your progress by seeing how much the purple ring moves after each sacrifice.

IceManFerrar
06-05-2017, 07:14 PM
Ah got it, I tried a sacrifice and saw it now. Never really paid attention to it and completely missed it all this while. Sheesh, live and learn.

Thanks guys!

zdm-1083
06-13-2017, 08:38 PM
Thanks to dupe PDK from this morning in LoLX I was able to fill a 40K sacrifice.
Result is: 50 rare souls 2 shard.

50 rare souls bring Dupe pharaoh and 3 dupes 4*. (MCR, WTroll, WUR)

That sacrifice also filled Vortex for 1/2/1 fragments, 2 GA souls and 2 Legendary.
Not that great for fragments :']
Legendaries give Assassin New Born of Light and other 4* that is a dupe (SGS)
GA souls? What GA souls? :mad:

I do not know figures that could be reach for each part of rewards?
For souls it seems known for rare, GA and legendary.
But what for shard and other red/blue/green souls?

Anyone to help to replace "??" :D

Vortex: 6 rewards betwen:

2? Legendary

2 to ?? GA souls

1 to ?? (2?) Shards
Ultimate: 1 reward at 50K, two at 100K (?) betwen:

2? Legendary

2 to ?? GA souls

1 to ?? (2?) Shards
Exalted: 1 reward at 20K, two at 40K betwen:

2? Legendary

2 to ?? GA souls