PDA

View Full Version : skull quets are a bloody rip off

Digitalblaze
05-25-2017, 04:43 PM
what now costs 12 s.o.t used to cost 5 the loot or "rewards" do not reflect the unjust increase in sands...1x tailsman for 12 s.o.t im better of farming lord of lame or simply running a stage on repeat like cast die for example...the only thing i can put it down to is use more ironite buy so you can buy it from the store with real caahola...well no thanks and the fragments are near enough to 0 percent drop rate so its not worth it just marketing up to their usual scams

Crazypants
05-25-2017, 04:46 PM
Tell us how you really feel.

Ian
05-25-2017, 05:34 PM
Agree. Too much 1* shit to be worth 8 or 12 SoT

slauki
05-25-2017, 06:00 PM
nah have to disagree here. the skillshardsdrops were improves massively and the ironite too. yeah one talisman quest seems to be bugged i mostly get 1 talisman for 12 sot there but the others are fine.
that said 8-10 sot would be more reasonable for sure, the costs are to excessive but i would rather pay more to get better loot than pay 5 sot and get garbage all the time.
and they open daily now, which is also a huge improvement. so all in all i'm pretty happy with the last recent changes.

Tritium
05-25-2017, 06:20 PM
I feel like a 2 SOT decrease across the board would make them more manageable. So the 8 SOT SQ would drop to 6 SOT, and the 12 SOT ones down to 10 SOT. It's just enough to make a difference while not making them too cheap for the rewards given.

mjmxiii
05-26-2017, 01:32 AM
I'm hoping the Talisman Cache/Horde levels get changed to something else once BNW comes out. It would be better if it was Resources Cache/Horde, the XP and Evo ones stay the same and then a Soul Cache/Horde. Talismans levels for the 12 SoT price can end up feeling like a rip off more often than not.

I wouldn't mind if they met in the middle and went 10 SoT for all levels, as long as they make the reward drops better and give us the option to play the Skull levels at 5* enemies for even better rewards and drop rates.... and we still need higher drop rate chances for Skill Shards!! In need of at least 1000 of these atm! :p

CanyptianFit
05-26-2017, 01:46 AM
I got a rare soul, a skill shard, 4 common souls and 5 ironite from the first open level today. All from 1 level. Not too shabby. Not something you get all the time, but still

I'm Thinking rewards do match spend.

Silentknight
05-26-2017, 02:38 AM
3rd skill shard tonight since they started

kkkreg5
05-26-2017, 03:25 AM
Got 3 skill shards yesterday. That was good. 12 SOT is a bit excessive though. The drop rate on soul fragments really is horrible.

Chaosego888
05-26-2017, 06:43 AM
I've got 4 skill shards since the change which matches the 4 I got for 8 or 9 months of secret locations, soul fragment drops need to be raised but nothing to complain about here

Ian
05-26-2017, 07:06 AM
6 people for lucky so OK then, all good.

Chaosego888
05-26-2017, 07:47 AM
6 people for lucky so OK then, all good.I felt the same as you and digitalblaze for the first few days, certainly not saying all is good, not a fan of the RNG elements of this game at all, just in my opinion I think it is an upgrade...I dropped 99 rare souls this morning & 20 something green souls, still no damn Harpy... Whenever luck plays so much a factor, we are going to be disappointed 95% of the time so I think some of us were just trying to be positive

Ian
05-26-2017, 08:53 AM
BTW, your Arena defence is fearsome indeed CE. Very tough.

Mizrael
05-26-2017, 04:37 PM
Well, i felt the same about the prices when skull quests were introduced, but have got 4 skill shards already and on one day a single location gave me 20 ironite and other 2 gave me 5.

so for those 30 ironites i could just reset my SOT and get back to my trooper chore.

At least they drop skill shards which were near non existent in the secret locations...

surfingwithdje
05-26-2017, 05:57 PM
I must be unlucky to get any skillshards from these skull quests :/ Sometimes i get only 1 talismant for 12 SoT lol
Do you play them in one time or one by one , as soon as they are unlocked ?

Enti
05-26-2017, 06:41 PM
Let's make a faction of "Who still hasn't got a skill shard from SL" and we will hopefully be dropping out one by one :D

Chaosego888
05-26-2017, 08:43 PM
BTW, your Arena defence is fearsome indeed CE. Very tough.
Thanks man, but you were probably just unlucky and the A.I. decided to be intelligent. I haven't actually tested it yet, I just switch it up to give other players something else to look at and hope for a few holds here and there. I figure 15% is normal unless you have the Visions/Harpy team.

Chaosego888
05-26-2017, 08:49 PM
I must be unlucky to get any skillshards from these skull quests :/ Sometimes i get only 1 talismant for 12 SoT lol
Do you play them in one time or one by one , as soon as they are unlocked ?I just play them on my breaks at work usually because the sands replenish before I can play next time anyway. This week I'm hanging out at Maryland Deathfest so I tend to waste a lot of ironite while partying so I just send a trooper through when I see the notification.

Kris-0707
05-27-2017, 08:10 AM
All 8 quests completed in a row, rewards I get for 80 SoT are bad and seriously devs you have to work on it and make the loot more rewarding.
Just 10 precious soul fragments is a joke, I was lucky anyway as day before I get none.
Never had the skill shard as some of you wrote above, basically loot in these locations is crap, all */** shards and runes etc. should be removed - who need that crap?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5vZQm1INBw

Sag7272
05-27-2017, 11:20 AM
By my (short) experience with those..
Pulled a skillshard once & a couple of 3* evo shards
But all in all, well, 12 SoT for a single void shield tallisman or 8 for a bunch of 2*shards is kinda intense...

Maybe if we could pull some shell, immunity, strike or even resistance/resilience one from the tallisman horde it would balance things up a bit in the waiting of BnW... Well if they don't already sometimes drop, never seen one there yet..

MrFreeze
05-27-2017, 11:45 AM
I used to look forward to secret locations at reset. Now I dread having to waste so much SoT on these new ones. Its really annoying on busy days where I'm rushing just to get all 50 troopers used. I've just skipped the talisman ones a few times.

Like a few others have said, if they get rid of crap rewards it might be worth it. I don't want to waste that much SoT for 5 regular souls. Get rid of them. Make it rare and up. Remember when rare souls used to drop everywhere?

I've said it before, the devs should bring back some of the generosity the game used to have. Why starve us from getting good things. Look how happy the Eddie event made people.

R1ck
05-27-2017, 12:47 PM
Yesterday got my third skillshard since the change, so far like 10 rare souls and many 3* Evo shards from different colors. Yesterday 2 blue and one green.

thealchemist
06-01-2017, 11:05 AM
I like the improved rates of ironite, souls, evo shards and xp runes. But the Talisman Hoard is anything but a hoard for me. The cache seems to drop more talismans than the hoard quest does...1 single talisman that I can get just as easily by playing Underworld on Madness in the Hoard quest isn't cutting it imo. If it were rarer talismans like the invisibility talismans (I'd love strike or exploding ones but I can only dream) it wouldn't be so bad but common as muck ones are a disappointment.

Kardas
06-01-2017, 12:11 PM
Yeah, Talisman Hoard seems to be the quickest road to disappointment. It doesn't help that Void Talismans have snuck their way back into the loot pool (and still are! I got one yesterday!)
The only other thing I'd like for SQs to be able to deploy multiple Troopers for them. Despite their high SoT costs, I do appreciate that they lessen the amount of time spent on the game (can spend 40 SoT fast after I wake up, which is handy).
The Talisman droprates seem to have changed though: Death and Invisibility Talismans used to be super rare (as in you get one in a month or something) and now I've gotten like 4-5 since SQs became available.

Enti
06-01-2017, 12:18 PM
Sparton told us in one of his posts that Horde quests have better chance of providing skill shards, rare souls and precious fragments. The general drops are little or not affected.

blade685
06-01-2017, 12:28 PM
it was much better before for 3* colored evo rune for less sand of time, it's better now only for skill shard
Other loots are crap for 8 to 12 sands of time
For me precious fragments is crap, need many of them to have only some gold or little sacrifice for crap items

Enti
06-01-2017, 12:31 PM
After 13 days of nothing, I received a skill shard from SQ both yesterday and today.
Recording the loot for 30 days, and will see what I find. Though those 2 skill shards from previous secret locations took like 3-4 months to drop, rare/colored souls also drop, which are good for vortex fodder, so I can't say it's bad.

For veteran players everything else is just either useless or can be farmed elsewhere (except specific talismans), but they are great addition for new/lower level players imo.

blade685
06-01-2017, 12:37 PM
After 13 days of nothing, I received a skill shard from SQ both yesterday and today.
Recording the loot for 30 days, and will see what I find. Though those 2 skill shards from previous secret locations took like 3-4 months to drop, rare/colored souls also drop, which are good for vortex fodder, so I can't say it's bad.

For veteran players everything else is just either useless or can be farmed elsewhere (except specific talismans), but they are great addition for new/lower level players imo.
Totally agree with you

Sidney
06-03-2017, 04:17 AM
Yeah... I had to stop playing the talisman rounds since all I was getting was less SoT and more crap. It takes a bit longer to get through when trying to avoid those, but I'll make due I suppose...

Silentknight
06-03-2017, 11:36 AM
Skill Shard #7

mjmxiii
06-03-2017, 03:20 PM
Skill Shard #7
Same here. 7 Skill shards since SoT went up... also 2 sets of Crystal talismans and 1 set of barrier death talismans. Bunch of rare souls and 5* evo runes....

Don't mean to seem ungrateful but it's still way to pricey for the increased drop rates. They couldnt just hook it up without doubling and tripling the cost... thanks a lot

Browno
06-03-2017, 03:24 PM
I got 3 skill shards from when i started to play, in august and 2 more since skull quest. So on avg i spent 1600 sot for 1 shard before skull quests. Number could be wrong but i do not have an intent to do exact math :p

Tritium
06-03-2017, 04:20 PM
SQs have started to grow on me due to receiving a decent amount of skill shards as of late. The cost is still a bit much for the average rewards we receive (especially for the talisman hoard :rolleyes:), but I figure it's worth it due to the increased chance at receiving skill shards. Those things are worth the SOT to me.

PerthEddie
06-03-2017, 04:31 PM
Managed to get a couple of skill shards this last few days so I am happy with that

Sag7272
06-03-2017, 11:08 PM
Have to say that lately pulled like 4 or 5 skillshards & a red rare soul who turned out to be a Nomad...
In two weeks I probably got more good stuff than SL gave me in months...
Aside from usual crappy stuff or the frustrating occasional tallisman hord with a sole void shield of course... Pulled a Skillshard from it the other day so there's maybe some hope :)

Silentknight
06-05-2017, 05:10 PM
Skill shard #8 & 9. 2 in a day! Think 1st 1 was from gold & soul cache...just woke up. 2nd was from talisman cache. Plus 5 precious frags & something else...garbage, I'm assuming a talisman, lmao! Most of them have come from the caches???

Ian
06-05-2017, 05:11 PM
You lucky git!

Browno
06-05-2017, 05:27 PM
Only got 2 so far, but the odds seem to be far greater :)

treeb0mbb
06-05-2017, 05:40 PM
Man I really love these skull quests so far they are amazing. Sure they are kinda pricey but for what they are worth it's acceptable. Got 3 skill shards since they started, about 100+ ironite total, a bunch of common souls, a crapload of money and souls just popping up everywhere. Also been getting some not bad talismans that I never got before like some invisible and death talismans.

Silentknight
06-06-2017, 02:30 AM
And skill shard # 10! That's 3 today!

Silentknight
06-07-2017, 01:02 PM
Skill Shard # 11. Maybe it's to make up for all the end match freezes I'm still getting. 2 yesterday, 3 today...all fuckin losses!

IceManFerrar
06-07-2017, 02:09 PM
Skill Shard # 11. Maybe it's to make up for all the end match freezes I'm still getting. 2 yesterday, 3 today...all fuckin losses!

Sheesh, that is absolutely crazy...I have only received 3 skill Shards in total from the Skull Quests. Need some desperately, after I blew my stash on the Wrath!

blade685
06-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Sheesh, that is absolutely crazy...I have only received 3 skill Shards in total from the Skull Quests. Need some desperately, after I blew my stash on the Wrath!
same for me only 2 or 3 and other loot are totally shit