PDA

View Full Version : Another solution for dupe characters.

Jofer16
05-26-2017, 09:25 PM
Started playing Transformers Forged to Fight last night which has similar character gathering from souls (crystals there). One thing i found after playing a bit was a super cool feature they have regarding getting dupe characters.

In that game, if you get a dupe it's automatically consumed and the main identical character which you already have gets skill buffs.

So translated here, one would have the option to sacrifice the dupe into your existing character increasing skill levels. Would also help with the perpetual need for more skill shards and a more focused dupe sacrificing process. Leave sacrifice as is in case one doesn't care to power up the main.

Anyways, was a refreshing thing to encounter offsetting the disappointment of dupes, figured I'd share.

Jofer16
05-26-2017, 09:39 PM
Could also implement some sort of scaling based on rarity so everyone isn't running around with all the commons fully sharded relatively quickly.

Example, a skill sacrifice on a Ox Cultist may only result in skill shard fragments needing to be combined into a full upgrade, where as pulling something like a dupe Aces High may result in X amount of full skill upgrades.

Nekroliun
05-26-2017, 09:40 PM
Started playing Transformers Forged to Fight last night which has similar character gathering from souls (crystals there). One thing i found after playing a bit was a super cool feature they have regarding getting dupe characters.

In that game, if you get a dupe it's automatically consumed and the main identical character which you already have gets skill buffs.

So translated here, one would have the option to sacrifice the dupe into your existing character increasing skill levels. Would also help with the perpetual need for more skill shards and a more focused dupe sacrificing process. Leave sacrifice as is in case one doesn't care to power up the main.

Anyways, was a refreshing thing to encounter offsetting the disappointment of dupes, figured I'd share.

So dupes into skillshards? Dat sounds pretty good to me. I suppose forged to fight is just another contest of champions ripoff? Cuz thats what happens there, you dupe the char to unlock a passive whoch sometimes is op...

Jofer16
05-26-2017, 09:48 PM
So dupes into skillshards? Dat sounds pretty good to me. I suppose forged to fight is just another contest of champions ripoff? Cuz thats what happens there, you dupe the char to unlock a passive whoch sometimes is op...

Not a ripoff, more so built upon that and refined, same development team :)

slauki
05-26-2017, 09:52 PM
would be a nice idea for lowlevel dupes, so we could shard them all instantly because we get a ton of them. but it would be a waste for 5* eddies for example. so there would have to be a system to balance this out based on the rarity of toons. but overall this sounds very interesting.

Nekroliun
05-26-2017, 09:52 PM
Not a ripoff, more so built upon that and refined, same development team :)

Oh, thought it was like gods of rome, literally the same game with a different skin but less chars.

Why cant devs make oroginal games? When LOTB came, TMNT legends came out, and now theres also DC legends... literally LOTB but with different chars...

I bet i can find a char with the same skill set as the nomad in one of the games...

Same with Clash of clans...

P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C

Nekroliun
05-26-2017, 09:57 PM
Actually! I think i also have a good idea! Ive been playing Final fantasy Mobius for quite the while now, in that game you cards deal shit damage, you have to upgrade them by getting any other card with the same ability name, for example:

Ares in the game has Fire Sword", you upgrade it by collecting Grudge warriors, which also have the ability "Fire Sword".

Same would go here, for example:

Holy Smoke's Rise is also on the Pharoah sun spirit, you can consume the spirit to lvl your rise!

In mobius you also needed multiple copies of the card as you upgrade it and will need to make the card a 4* in order to gain an ability lvl up!

Great system imo

Jofer16
05-26-2017, 10:02 PM
Actually! I think i also have a good idea! Ive been playing Final fantasy Mobius for quite the while now, in that game you cards deal shit damage, you have to upgrade them by getting any other card with the same ability name, for example:

Ares in the game has Fire Sword", you upgrade it by collecting Grudge warriors, which also have the ability "Fire Sword".

Same would go here, for example:

Holy Smoke's Rise is also on the Pharoah sun spirit, you can consume the spirit to lvl your rise!

In mobius you also needed multiple copies of the card as you upgrade it and will need to make the card a 4* in order to gain an ability lvl up!

Great system imo

Sounds cool, could also do it on a class level, like sacrifice a bunch of random warriors to increase another single warriors skill(s). Now we're getting somewhere!

Nekroliun
05-26-2017, 10:06 PM
Sounds cool, could also do it on a class level, like sacrifice a bunch of random warriors to increase another single warriors skill(s). Now we're getting somewhere!

What if it is when you sacrifice chars, you have achance to get a skillshard for a skill for that char? May work...

Hopefully sparton reads this thread...

Silentknight
05-26-2017, 11:39 PM
Started playing Transformers Forged to Fight last night

So u have a 24 hour headstart then! Optimus Prime...level 2!!!

Jofer16
05-26-2017, 11:46 PM
So u have a 24 hour headstart then! Optimus Prime...level 2!!!

FU! I only got a 1* prime! leveling that sumbitch up though dude wrecks. There's alliances with chat and shit, we should start a LotB one lol Obviously my name is Jofer16 :)

Was gonna start one last night but saw it costs the equivalent of ironite. Gotta get them crystals!

Edit: oh wait, thought you said 2*, not level. Mines level 10 rank 2, eat it lol

Jofer16
05-26-2017, 11:52 PM
Some lame dude already took the alliance name Iron Maiden and hasn't logged in forever, blasphemy!

Silentknight
05-26-2017, 11:53 PM
FU! I only got a 1* prime! leveling that sumbitch up though dude wrecks. There's alliances with chat and shit, we should start a LotB one lol Obviously my name is Jofer16 :)

Was gonna start one last night but saw it costs the equivalent of ironite. Gotta get them crystals!

Edit: oh wait, thought you said 2*, not level. Mines level 10 rank 2, eat it lol

Lol, 20 min. Right after I read ur post! 4 bots!!! Lmao! No name yet, wouldn't give me Silentknight. I'll try adding the 4997. No opinion yet, play this w/end n c.
Edit: nope, too many characters.
Edit 2: I'm in, Silentknight68

Nekroliun
05-27-2017, 12:01 AM
Hey ill start playing, then with jofer's money we can make an alliance! Then with jofer's money, we would kickass!

I dont suppose anyone has a problem with this?

Silentknight
05-27-2017, 12:03 AM
Hey ill start playing, then with jofer's money we can make an alliance! Then with jofer's money, we would kickass!

Nope, np. I'm in!!! The more times I read it , the harder I laugh!

Tritium
05-27-2017, 12:07 AM

Hahaha, Nekro strikes again!

Nekroliun
05-27-2017, 12:10 AM
Nope, np. I'm in!!!

Kool! Im gonna be "PraiseNekro"

Jofer16
05-27-2017, 12:15 AM

Not I! Always down to boost up the pack. For some reason this goofy song popped into my head, I got that Clint long doe hahaha

https://youtu.be/5betFZRICVg

Nekroliun
05-27-2017, 12:20 AM
Not I! Always down to boost up the pack. For some reason this goofy song popped into my head, I got that Clint long doe hahaha

https://youtu.be/5betFZRICVg

Then i suppose ill find a couple o' hundred dollars waiting in my mailbox by tomorrow? Since you are supposedly a billionaire, i dont think this would a problem now would it....

Oh fuck u need to be lvl 5 to unlock alliances? Das bullshit! And where da free shit for signing into kabam and stuff lime that? That was the case with Contest!

Jofer16
05-27-2017, 12:26 AM
Then i suppose ill find a couple o' hundred dollars waiting in my mailbox by tomorrow? Since you are supposedly a billionaire, i dont think this would a problem now would it....

Oh fuck u need to be lvl 5 to unlock alliances? Das bullshit! And where da free shit for signing into kabam and stuff lime that? That was the case with Contest!

I got free shit when I unlocked and joined an alliance and promptly quit. Nothing compares to you guys (queue Sinead O Connor) lol

Nekroliun
05-27-2017, 12:39 AM
I got free shit when I unlocked and joined an alliance and promptly quit. Nothing compares to you guys (queue Sinead O Connor) lol

So what should the alliance be called?

I think it should be called "Hey Wanna Hear Something Funny? 21"

Nekroliun
05-27-2017, 01:03 AM
Oh shit i just got my free crystal and bought another one. Got a shitty nobody and a 2* optimus prime!

Jofer16
05-27-2017, 01:16 AM
Oh shit i just got my free crystal and bought another one. Got a shitty nobody and a 2* optimus prime!

Argh! Lucky sob! That just earned you officer status in the Legacy of the Beast alliance soon to be founded haha Primes special is OP when built up. Crush high 2*s with my 1*.

Nekroliun
05-27-2017, 01:27 AM
Argh! Lucky sob! That just earned you officer status in the Legacy of the Beast alliance soon to be founded haha Primes special is OP when built up. Crush high 2*s with my 1*.

Oh kool!

I find that his first special is much more reliant than his second one, i prefer multiple hit attacks over one hit attacks. Got my 1* optimus to rank 2 and my second needs 1 of the rank up thingys to rank up...

Nekroliun
05-27-2017, 02:15 AM
Well i think this is enough for one night... i got both primes to rank 2, beat the whole first part of chapter 1 on 100%, and gotten myself a synergistic team...

and yea... its 5:15 am...

Jofer16
05-27-2017, 02:26 AM
Well i think this is enough for one night... i got both primes to rank 2, beat the whole first part of chapter 1 on 100%, and gotten myself a synergistic team...

and yea... its 5:15 am...

No rest for the wicked.

FallenAngel666
05-28-2017, 08:25 AM

I think that is a good idea, I had played a game with this same feature few years ago and I can say it was working very well